dead. closed. x:

Nov.19.2012

Zameric
July 30th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Ohh~, a One Piece fan club, sweets!
I actually run a One Piece fan club on another forum. ;p
I'll try not to get in the way of your job too much, promise. xD

Who is/are your favorite character(s)?
Well, I don't think I have any absolute favorite characters really. I generally like the majority of the characters Oda designs. Of the Strawhats though, I think Luffy and Franky are my two favorites. Luffy's Gear Second is just plain awesome. And Franky is a super man, plain and simple! xD

Jung
July 30th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Ohh~, a One Piece fan club, sweets!
I actually run a One Piece fan club on another forum. ;p
I'll try not to get in the way of your job too much, promise. xD

Well, I don't think I have any absolute favorite characters really. I generally like the majority of the characters Oda designs. Of the Strawhats though, I think Luffy and Franky are my two favorites. Luffy's Gear Second is just plain awesome. And Franky is a super man, plain and simple! xD

xD Welcome Zam! =D o.o; OP isn't very popular on PC.
Sanji his awesome leg skills, and Aojiki. :O Ice!

He's going to be a fleet admiral

Zameric
July 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM
xD Welcome Zam! =D o.o; OP isn't very popular on PC.
Sanji his awesome leg skills, and Aojiki. :O Ice!

He's going to be a fleet admiral
But only just made the club, it'll pick up soon enough. :)

Yeah, Sanji is cool too.

Idk, I can't decide whether I'd want Kizaru or Aojiki as Fleet Admiral.
I certainly know I don't want Akainu as Fleet Admiral.
I wonder what Garp is going to do now though.

Jung
July 30th, 2010, 02:14 PM
But only just made the club, it'll pick up soon enough. :)

Yeah, Sanji is cool too.

Idk, I can't decide whether I'd want Kizaru or Aojiki as Fleet Admiral.
I certainly know I don't want Akainu as Fleet Admiral.
I wonder what Garp is going to do now though.

Aojiki for Fleet Admiral definitely. He even got a recommendation from Sengoku. I think Akainu should also be a Fleet Admiral, cause he killed the wanted man. >: And I don't like the Yellow Monkey. Garp maybe finding Dragon? or look for Luffy.

Zameric
July 30th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well the thing that blew me away last chapter, was Kong's debut.
I didn't realize who he actually was until a few pages after he's first shown. xD
Personally, I don't care for his design.
I'd except something better from Oda, but oh well.
I wondered what happened to Kong after the "Battle of Edd War" flashback.

Jung
July 30th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Well the thing that blew me away last chapter, was Kong's debut.
I didn't realize who he actually was until a few pages after he's first shown. xD
Personally, I don't care for his design.
I'd except something better from Oda, but oh well.
I wondered what happened to Kong after the "Battle of Edd War" flashback.

Kong looks beast. >: Sengoku, has a weird ability, he only gets bigger xD. What do you think the 16 Bell Rings Meant?
Speaking of Kong, on the MS forums people were like
"Zomg Kong"
"omg Kong"
"itz kongg"
"who r u?"

thedestinedblade
July 30th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I'll join. This is probably the third OP club I remember joining here. Hopefully it lasts. :D

Latest chapter was pretty informative. The Gorousei still interest me a lot. I wonder who will fill in the 3 empty Shichibukai seats. It seems Luffy got a tattoo similar to Ace, though I couldn't see exactly what it says.

Jung
July 30th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I'll join. This is probably the third OP club I remember joining here. Hopefully it lasts. :D

Latest chapter was pretty informative. The Gorousei still interest me a lot. I wonder who will fill in the 3 empty Shichibukai seats. It seems Luffy got a tattoo similar to Ace, though I couldn't see exactly what it says.

Welcome ! I really hope this one stays alive. Just keep posting and It'll get more popular I hope!
But you're missing something :P

Who are the three Shichibukai missing? There's Jimbei,BB, and Moria? Or is it HebiHime? xD And Buggy's world government letter : Think he's going to be a shichibukai? or a yonkou?

thedestinedblade
July 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Ah, I didn't see the 5th point. :D (Gear Second!)

Yeah, BB, Moria, and Jinbei are gone. Buggy has always been the comic relief of the series so it's kind hard seeing hold such an important title as a Yonkou, but I'd lol if he was somehow appointed as a Shichibukai because of his "involvement" in the war.

Jung
July 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Ah, I didn't see the 5th point. :D (Gear Second!)

Yeah, BB, Moria, and Jinbei are gone. Buggy has always been the comic relief of the series so it's kind hard seeing hold such an important title as a Yonkou, but I'd lol if he was somehow appointed as a Shichibukai because of his "involvement" in the war.

there we go, (:

lol. Buggy being a shichibukai would be very comical. :o Can't believe he's getting so much credit for doing nothing. Dragon was pretty cool :O in the previous chapter. Working with his son huh? ;D he also said BB appears to be someelse. he even attacked Ivan. and then.BB shows up at the Auction House place xP

thedestinedblade
July 31st, 2010, 09:45 PM
Dragon is always cool. :D I'm really interested to see all the leaders of the revolutionary army. I wonder if Sabo might be among them?

Jung
August 2nd, 2010, 05:17 AM
Dragon is always cool. :D I'm really interested to see all the leaders of the revolutionary army. I wonder if Sabo might be among them?

Wow, if Sabo is still alive, and Luffy sees him. Luffy will be so happy to have found his long lost brother. :O Dragon, is too awesome, he supposedly has the power to control weather. :O

thedestinedblade
August 2nd, 2010, 09:04 AM
Dragon having a Wind Logia use to be a popular guess. :D Controlling the weather seems like a logical choice. Lightning struck to save Luffy from being executed by Buggy, there was rain, and huge gusts of wind too. I'm guessing that would fall under Paramecia type then. I'm hoping to see some more Ancient and Mythical Zoan users.

Jung
August 2nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
Dragon having a Wind Logia use to be a popular guess. :D Controlling the weather seems like a logical choice. Lightning struck to save Luffy from being executed by Buggy, there was rain, and huge gusts of wind too. I'm guessing that would fall under Paramecia type then. I'm hoping to see some more Ancient and Mythical Zoan users.

Yeah more of those would be awesome. And Luffy will end up defeating them all. ;O Gear Four? xDD >: Damn . I just can't wait till the SH crew reunites. ;o It'll be kickass. Just 2 more days...:O

Alakazam17
August 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
And for the lame intro..."Gear Second!" ¬_¬

My favourite character is either Zoro or Robin. I like both of their backstories, and have been shipping them since the moment they became fellow Strawhats.

Jung
August 2nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
And for the lame intro..."Gear Second!" ¬_¬

My favourite character is either Zoro or Robin. I like both of their backstories, and have been shipping them since the moment they became fellow Strawhats.

Welcome. ;D Nico and Robin are a nice couple I guess. >:
That wasn't ..that lame..

Alakazam17
August 2nd, 2010, 11:18 AM
I meant the fact that I needed a password at all. XD

Anyway, when Buggy first got that letter, the first thing I thought was 'okay, he's a shichibukai now.' As for the other open spots, has anyone considered Enel? He's about the only major non-marine antagonist who has yet to make a reappearance, after all.

And on another note, I also can't wait for the next chapter. Robin and Zoro are reunited! *shot*

Father-nature
August 2nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Gaaaaa! i want to join! one piece for the best win ever!

My favorite character? Hmmm let's see Tony tony chopper! he's so cute and cuddly :3 If he had Gear second he'd pwn even more then everyone else!

Jung
August 2nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Gaaaaa! i want to join! one piece for the best win ever!

My favorite character? Hmmm let's see Tony tony chopper! he's so cute and cuddly :3

*ahem* you're missing something :O Indeed One Piece is win. :D

Father-nature
August 2nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
No i'm not!, look beyond what you see!

Jung
August 2nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
lool. Nice edit. :D Welcome to OPFC. ;D :P Do you read the manga or anime?

Alakazam17
August 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
I started reading the manga myself last year, immediately after the Strawhats left the Sabaody Archipelago. I couldn't wait to see that happened next. I got caught up at that point, and have been reading it weekly ever since. :D

Jung
August 2nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Ah. I read One Piece last year as well. Read all 594 chapters and been waiting every Wednesday for chapters. :D

Next Topic Time : Oda Oda

Which arc(s) are your favorite and least favorite? And Why? (:

Alakazam17
August 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
Which arc(s) are your favorite and least favorite? And Why? (:Hmm...good question. My favourite story arc is probably the Arabatsa one, with Enies Lobby being a relatively close second. I thought Crocodile was the perfect villain, with Vivi being a great balance to his ruthlessness. I really want to see her again in the series. ^_^

As for my least favourite arc...Thriller Bark. I'm just not interested in seeing the living dead, heh. Though oddly enough, I like Perona and want to see more of her in the series. So the arc wasn't all bad for me.

So I'm glad that Moira was fired. =P

Jung
August 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hmm...good question. My favourite story arc is probably the Arabatsa one, with Enies Lobby being a relatively close second. I thought Crocodile was the perfect villain, with Vivi being a great balance to his ruthlessness. I really want to see her again in the series. ^_^

As for my least favourite arc...Thriller Bark. I'm just not interested in seeing the living dead, heh. Though oddly enough, I like Perona and want to see more of her in the series. So the arc wasn't all bad for me.

Woot. =P Canadian spelling of favourite. I only type favorite without the U so people don't go "Omg you spelled favorite wrong" ;D Favourite Arc would be Water Seven arc. Where you lean about Robin's past and Luffy's power to an extent. :O

Least would be Impel Down, Although it features a lot of old characters , (Schikibukai,Mr.1,Mr.2,Ivan,Buggy and the Supernovas) It is one of the most depressing arcs.

Rest in Piece , Whitebeard and Ace.

Alakazam17
August 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
I actually went 'omg you spelled favourite wrong,' so that's all relative, I guess. I only time I use the American spellings is when I'm typing formatting code, in which [colour] tags never work. XD

Impel Down is my second least favourite arc, probably. Mostly because I prefer the open air over an entire arc taking place underground. But there were some epic battles and even more epic character reappearances, so like Thriller Bark, it wasn't all bad.

Jung
August 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
An Epic battle would be Mihawk vs Shanks. Their rivals. :O or Dragon vs Kong. :3 Or even Zoro vs Mihawk. :O Right now heading to new world.. Arlong's Park was one boring arc. =S. but Impel down ..it's all dark..O:

thedestinedblade
August 2nd, 2010, 11:39 PM
Marineford was definitely my favorite arc. All these powerful characters in the One Piece world on full display. Yes, it did end tragically, but it set the stage for so many possibilities. Although rather short, I enjoyed the Jaya arc as well. It really had the pirate feel to it. lol, Bellamy. :laugh:

Don't really have a least favorite one. Thriller Bark might have been a bit too long but I enjoyed it.

Yeah, Mihawk has refused to fight Shanks ever since he lost his arm.

Also, latest OP opening is pretty fitting for the upcoming events. Although it's quite sad, I like it.

Alakazam17
August 3rd, 2010, 05:17 AM
Marineford was definitely my favorite arc. All these powerful characters in the One Piece world on full display. Yes, it did end tragically, but it set the stage for so many possibilities. Although rather short, I enjoyed the Jaya arc as well. It really had the pirate feel to it. lol, Bellamy. :laugh:One of my favourite moments of Marineford was when Coby stood up against both sides near the end. Really made me respect the little guy, and I hope we see more of him in the future.

Yeah, my favourite part had nothing to do with an epic battle. I'm weird. =P

Also, latest OP opening is pretty fitting for the upcoming events. Although it's quite sad, I like it.I do find it less cheery than the other openings, but I may end up growing to like it. Only time will tell I guess.

Father-nature
August 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
I can't say what is my favorite part, it's all my favorite! the story is ossum!

thedestinedblade
August 3rd, 2010, 04:05 PM
One of my favourite moments of Marineford was when Coby stood up against both sides near the end. Really made me respect the little guy, and I hope we see more of him in the future.

I think it was obvious from the latest chapter that Coby will play a larger role later on. I can see him rising through the ranks rather quickly. He still holds the title of Petty Officer. I still find it hilarious that he looks nothing like originally did at the beginning of the series, lol.

Zameric
August 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
First off, hello to IceBloom, Alakazam17 and Father-Nature. I went a bit inactive after I first jonied, but I'm back now. :)

You know that Sabo is thought to be dead, right?

Anyway, when Buggy first got that letter, the first thing I thought was 'okay, he's a shichibukai now.' As for the other open spots, has anyone considered Enel? He's about the only major non-marine antagonist who has yet to make a reappearance, after all.

And on another note, I also can't wait for the next chapter. Robin and Zoro are reunited! *shot*
I'm pretty sure the World Government doesn't really know about Enel.
I'm also sure all but the highest ranks don't even know about the sky islands.
Besides, Enel is supposedly living on the moon now.

Which arc(s) are your favorite and least favorite? And Why?
My favorite arc would probably have to be Water 7 Arc.
Franky is one of my favorite characters. :)

My least favorite might be the Foxy/Davy Back Fight Arc. It was just annoying and seemed like a filler arc, a bad filler.

Aahahaha, that's a nice way to put it. xD

I think it was obvious from the latest chapter that Coby will play a larger role later on. I can see him rising through the ranks rather quickly. He still holds the title of Petty Officer. I still find it hilarious that he looks nothing like originally did at the beginning of the series, lol.
Yes, that is one of the few obvious plots hole in One Piece. xD

thedestinedblade
August 3rd, 2010, 11:56 PM
You know that Sabo is thought to be dead, right?

Yeah, he assumed to be dead, but you know how One Piece is. A lot of characters that should have died didn't. Small chance he could have been saved by Dragon

mal'akh
August 4th, 2010, 01:07 AM
I'd love to join here! o.o
I'm a little freak for the show. xD
Arlong = least. I hated it. It was long, boring, and honestly stupid. .___.Whitebeard VsGov = fave. Omg, it was amazing.
I was pished when Ace died.

Jung
August 4th, 2010, 05:55 AM
I'd love to join here! o.o
I'm a little freak for the show. xD
Arlong = least. I hated it. It was long, boring, and honestly stupid. .___.Whitebeard VsGov = fave. Omg, it was amazing.
I was pished when Ace died.

O: you're missing some Dusty. :P

oh right, the Foxy arc was the most annoying arc. xD Atleast they met Aojiki. :O
Future Fleet Admiral Mwahaha >:D

mal'akh
August 4th, 2010, 07:16 AM
O: you're missing some Dusty. :P

oh right, the Foxy arc was the most annoying arc. xD Atleast they met Aojiki. :O
Future Fleet Admiral Mwahaha >:D
What am I missing? >.>

Aojiki, was he the fish dude who was a Sun Pirate?

Jung
August 4th, 2010, 07:32 AM
What am I missing? >.>

Aojiki, was he the fish dude who was a Sun Pirate?

Sheesh.. D: Dusty read the rules x.x; Then you'll see what you're missing. Aojiki is the Ice-User of the marines. :O the one who rides a bike on water.

mal'akh
August 4th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Gear Second

There. >.>"

And oh yeah, him. I dun liek him. He almost killed Robin. D:
I love Robin.

Jung
August 4th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Gear Second

There. >.>"

I love Robin.

yay. :D WelcomeWelcomeWelcome. D: Yeah. Aojiki almost killed Robin

Akainu actually killed someone :O

Thriller bark was okay.. Brook joined :D and I really don't like Moria, mostly because of his appearance and personality. >:

mal'akh
August 4th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I hate Akainu. > n >

Never saw Thriller Bark, unfortunately, but I love Brook. xD

Kay11190
August 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
"Gear Second"

I have to join this club, One Piece is one of my favorite manga, I love all the characters and the creativity in the powers. As for the Thriller Bark Arc, i couldn't stand it. It was the hardest segment of the entire series for me to read. It only had a couple interesting parts to it. My favorite Arc would have to be the Enies Lobby arc. I loved it because a lot of the characters grew up, and also developed amazing new powers.

Jung
August 4th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Welcome kay11190! (: ;D good , you read the rules! xD. Yes, enies lobby supposedly took around 1-2 years in the Manga? :O. Gears Second and Third. :o and a new comrade, Franky. xD!

Kay11190
August 4th, 2010, 12:09 PM
You're also forgetting Soge King *cough* Ussop *cough*. But ya I remember flying through that arc when I read it. My favorite battle in that arc had to be when Luffy fought lucci. I was so excited when he debuted second gear

thedestinedblade
August 4th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Enies Lobby was an emotional arc. Robin yelling that she wanted to live is one of my favorite moments in all of One Piece. Also, ever since that arc Kaku has been my favorite character. :D

Kay11190
August 4th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ya that was a really emotional part. I remember being very excited when she said it, and didn't really betray them. On the note of favorite characters in One Piece I don't think I have one, which is kind of weird.

Jung
August 5th, 2010, 05:46 AM
One Piece 595
So we see the rest of the SuperNovas and BB's crew. :O Trafalgar Law is planning something..Blackbeard attacked the supernova's Jewelry Bonney (Who looks like Lucy..now I notice..xD) Chopper returns to his island and finds out there's a library of 1000 of books about medicine, he flashes back to where he joins, and is determined to get stronger. Then we see Sanji eating a 99 meal by the Okama Masters. XD He wants to learn it so he'd make it for Robin and Nami to make their bodies even hawter. But Ivan says no, and requests a challenge to Sanji. The challenge is to withstand all the 99 Master's, and to stay a man while at it. :O Sanji accepts.
Everyone's thought on this chapter? :3

Alakazam17
August 5th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Gear Second

There. >.>"

I love Robin.
Welcome to the club. Good to see I'm not the only one who likes Robin. X3

Enies Lobby was an emotional arc. Robin yelling that she wanted to live is one of my favorite moments in all of One Piece. Also, ever since that arc Kaku has been my favorite character. :DI'll go further to say that's my favourite moment in anime/manga. Period.

With Hinata confessing to Naruto being a close second. But that's a topic for another club, so I'll shut up now. XD

One Piece 595
So we see the rest of the SuperNovas and BB's crew. :O Trafalgar Law is planning something..Blackbeard attacked the supernova's Jewelry Bonney (Who looks like Lucy..now I notice..xD) Chopper returns to his island and finds out there's a library of 1000 of books about medicine, he flashes back to where he joins, and is determined to get stronger. Then we see Sanji eating a 99 meal by the Okama Masters. XD He wants to learn it so he'd make it for Robin and Nami to make their bodies even hawter. But Ivan says no, and requests a challenge to Sanji. The challenge is to withstand all the 99 Master's, and to stay a man while at it. :O Sanji accepts.
Everyone's thought on this chapter? :3I somewhat expected this chapter to be the one where the Strawhats officially reunited, so I'm disappointed in that regard. That aside, I like where it's going.

I hope that Bonney somehow finds a way to get out of Marine Custody, as I wanted to see her group in the New World. There are hardly any female captains as it is. XD

And it looks like all of the Strawhats will be finding something to make them stronger on each of their respective islands(as I believe Kuma intended). Franky, Nami, and Usopp's seemed fairly obvious to me, the others not so much. I'm interested in seeing what happens with Brook, Robin, and Zoro.

thedestinedblade
August 5th, 2010, 08:18 AM
One Piece 595
Everyone's thought on this chapter? :3

At first when I read the spoilers I thought maybe Law realizes he not strong enough for the New World, but after reading the chapter it's pretty obvious he just waiting for the right time.

Well, Bonney seems to have some connection the World Government. I'm interested to see what it is as Akainu spoke as if he knew her. lol, also, I wonder why X. Drake is trying to provoke Kaidou? Not a smart thing to do. :laugh:

By Chopper and Sanji's actions it does seem like they're heading towards a time skip.

Kay11190
August 6th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I really hope they don't head for a time skip. I see where it can come in handy about now, but I would rather see all or at least some of the developments of power as they happen. And I really like Sanji's challenge, hopefully he can retain all of his manlyness. It also makes me wonder what Zorro's training will be. As long as in there somewhere is healing ALL of his wounds he should prove to get even more awesome.

mal'akh
August 6th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Idk, a time skip will provide nice little surprises with their new strengths and abilities. So either way, I'm excited to see what happens.

Kay11190
August 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Idk, a time skip will provide nice little surprises with their new strengths and abilities. So either way, I'm excited to see what happens.

I guess, I've just don't want to loose the crew again. We've spent so much time apart from them While Luffy was developing his character. So I just miss them and don't want to have to wait for a time skip to see them again.

mal'akh
August 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM
True dat. I just hope they don't get lame abilities and such. Like, Sanji should learn stronger kick techniques, and Nami should get better weather weapons and such.

thedestinedblade
August 6th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I don't mind waiting a little longer for the crew to reunite. It's obvious the New World is just as frightening as others in the series have said it is, and they just aren't ready for it. I can picture the reunion being some emotional and epic scene. I wonder how Oda will handle it. Still hoping the last 2 crew members will join before the set sail.

Kay11190
August 6th, 2010, 09:24 AM
True dat. I just hope they don't get lame abilities and such. Like, Sanji should learn stronger kick techniques, and Nami should get better weather weapons and such.

I'm sure they will. Just looking at what Sanji had to go through, I'm sure his leg strength already improved. I'm actually interested to see wha Brooke will be able to do, which i think was mentioned before. Since he hasn't done much yet I think whatever power he gets will be pretty interesting.

Jung
August 6th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Not to mention Luffy trained with Rayleigh for like 2-3weeks. :S. So there's got to be a suprise in Luffy's power. :o Next Chapter is probably a continuation, a time skip thing for the rest of the crew...Franky getting new parts and learning new blueprints, Robin goes on some archaeology quest, SogeKing or Ussop learn to snipe or use an actual gun xD, Brook learns more fencing techinques, and seeing Zoro in some ghost-like island might learn the ways of an Asura. :o Nami will probably learn some merchant skills, or get a better weapon :3

thedestinedblade
August 6th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I think Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji at least need to learn how to control and use haki. Who knows how many Logias they'll encounter in the new world. :O

Kay11190
August 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I think Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji at least need to learn how to control and use haki. Who knows how many Logias they'll encounter in the new world. :O

I forgot all about Haki. Luffy did have an interesting one, and I kinda wonder if there is more too it. Sanji and Zoro learning haki would be awesome too.

Jung
August 6th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Sanji and Zoro learning Haki, would unleash hell on their opponents. XD

Kay11190
August 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Sanji and Zoro learning Haki, would unleash hell on their opponents. XD

Yes it would. Another thing I want to see is Zoro fully healed. Throughout most of the series he never completely recovers from any fight. I want to know how awesome he would be if he was operating at 100%

Alakazam17
August 6th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I agree about wanting Zoro getting all his injuries healed. Maybe that'll be all the "training" he needs. XD

And about haki, I was kind of under the impression that it's not something you can train, as it's something you get naturally. But I may be wrong here, so I'll have to look into it more. ^^

thedestinedblade
August 6th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Haki is developed after after a tremendous amount of training as said in the last chapter though there are other obvious ways it's brought forth. (Ex. Ace, Coby, Luffy)

Kay11190
August 6th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Haki is developed after after a tremendous amount of training as said in the last chapter though there are other obvious ways it's brought forth. (Ex. Ace, Coby, Luffy)

Well I hope at least one of the crew members learns how use Haki other than Luffy. Maybe Zoro's current 58 near death experience will unlock something.....hopefully.

Zameric
August 6th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Manga 595
Hmm, this was and interesting chapter. We get to see what the other Supernovas are up to. I'm very interested in seeing the confrontation between X Drake and Kaidou, even though we probably won't see the majority of it. Seems like BB was trying to trade Jewelry Bonney for some kind of ship, but it didn't go through as he hoped. I wonder what exact that ship was. I'm a afraid for Bonney, she's one of my favorite female characters. And just who was Doflamingo talking to? We learn Moria isn't dead yet...this could be interesting. Lastly, looks like Chopper and Sanji will be getting some important training. Although Sanji's training will probably just make me lmao.

thedestinedblade
August 6th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Manga 595
Hmm, this was and interesting chapter. We get to see what the other Supernovas are up to. I'm very interested in seeing the confrontation between X Drake and Kaidou, even though we probably won't see the majority of it. Seems like BB was trying to trade Jewelry Bonney for some kind of ship, but it didn't go through as he hoped. I wonder what exact that ship was. I'm a afraid for Bonney, she's one of my favorite female characters. And just who was Doflamingo talking to? We learn Moria isn't dead yet...this could be interesting. Lastly, looks like Chopper and Sanji will be getting some important training. Although Sanji's training will probably just make me lmao.

There must be more to X. Drake's plan than simply picking a fight with a Youkou. He and the rest of Supernovas were owned by Kizaru and Kaidou is definitely on Admiral level or even higher. :pirate: A lot of people are thinking Dolfamingo might have been talking with Vegapunk. I don't know about that one though.

thedestinedblade
August 10th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well, there's no chapter this week. :/ The anime is picking up though. We got a taste of Whitebeard's god-tier powers, and a flashback of how Ace joined.

マッティ
August 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Oh!
I want to join. I love One Piece.

Jung
August 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Oh!
I want to join. I love One Piece.

Missing something :P

Sucks this week there's a japanese Udon festival. D: no manga..

Kay11190
August 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I don't mind the week off gave me time to read up on other manga I was behind on. I may re-read some One Piece chapters. The discussions here tell me I need to read into it a little bit more than I am.

Jung
August 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Oda, Time for a new topic :

Who is your favorite Schichibukai? (Former or Current)

side: Strongest Schichibukai?

thedestinedblade
August 16th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Tough choice. I honestly liked all of the current and former Shichibukai aside from Moria and Blackbeard. Crocodile probably has the edge just because of how much of a badass he is. I think he's up there with with Mihawk and Doflamingo in terms of power despite losing to Luffy. (due to a lot of luck. :D) He's pretty much honed his Logia to perfection.

It's tough to say who's the strongest. One would think Mihawk because of his title, and even during Marineford it seemed like he didn't go all out. I'm anxious to see who fill the 3 open slots. Buggy anyone? :laugh:

Jung
August 16th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Yes. I really hated Croc for what he did in Alabastas. >: But after the impel down arc, he redeemed himself. :P Honestly, my favorite would be either Boa,Jimbei or Doflamingo. :O I just can't choose.
Boa, I think her love for Luffy is freakin' hilarious. :o Especially at the Impel Down arc.
Boa sneaks luffy into Impel Down. *heads to elevator* Luffy is on the ceiling upside down saying "Thank you" Boa misinterprets and thinks Luffy said "I love you" XDD *Boa falls* ;o honestly, best part about Impel Down..

I also like Jimbei because. A) He's a merman. He's more different and unique from the other schichibukai. B ) He's titled "Knight of the Sea", he can take on any Devil-fruit-user easily, and using his weight he can maybe "acidentally" push his open in the water. C) He's honurable. He promised Ace that Luffy would escape safely from Impel Down. And where are we now? :O Luffy getting ready to kick ass again.

Doflamingo, I tend to like psychotic-looking characters. :o I mean He has a huge tongue sticking out all the time, which to me looks psychotic. He's also a BAMF. Did you see how he talked to the man (Supposedly Vegapunk) ;D and how he kicked Croc's ass, and Moria's death. (: oh and now to mention him kicking Bellamy's arse. :D Doflamingo is win. No doubt about that.

Strongest Shichibukai ? Mihawk. No doubt it. Being the Strongest Swordsman, rival of the Red-haired yonkou Shanks. Mihawk not going all out at Marineford was disppointing. >_> some random WB crew division captain looked like he was equal.[/b]

Filling the 3 spots..Buggy? Lool. Possibly. Maybe Vegapunk's BB clones? who knows :o A huge wild guess.. Marco of WB? XD lol. That'd be interesting.

Kay11190
August 16th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Tough choice. I honestly liked all of the current and former Shichibukai aside from Moria and Blackbeard. Crocodile probably has the edge just because of how much of a badass he is. I think he's up there with with Mihawk and Doflamingo in terms of power despite losing to Luffy. (due to a lot of luck. :D) He's pretty much honed his Logia to perfection.

It's tough to say who's the strongest. One would think Mihawk because of his title, and even during Marineford it seemed like he didn't go all out. I'm anxious to see who fill the 3 open slots. Buggy anyone? :laugh:

I would have to agree, Crocodile is the man. He is power is awesome, and the fact that he has such control over it makes him so much better. If not him I would say my other favorite Shichibukai would be Mihawk simply because I love swordsman.

thedestinedblade
August 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Yes. I really hated Croc for what he did in Alabastas. >: But after the impel down arc, he redeemed himself. :P Honestly, my favorite would be either Boa,Jimbei or Doflamingo. :O I just can't choose.
Boa, I think her love for Luffy is freakin' hilarious. :o Especially at the Impel Down arc.
Boa sneaks luffy into Impel Down. *heads to elevator* Luffy is on the ceiling upside down saying "Thank you" Boa misinterprets and thinks Luffy said "I love you" XDD *Boa falls* ;o honestly, best part about Impel Down..

I also like Jimbei because. A) He's a merman. He's more different and unique from the other schichibukai. B ) He's titled "Knight of the Sea", he can take on any Devil-fruit-user easily, and using his weight he can maybe "acidentally" push his open in the water. C) He's honurable. He promised Ace that Luffy would escape safely from Impel Down. And where are we now? :O Luffy getting ready to kick ass again.

Doflamingo, I tend to like psychotic-looking characters. :o I mean He has a huge tongue sticking out all the time, which to me looks psychotic. He's also a BAMF. Did you see how he talked to the man (Supposedly Vegapunk) ;D and how he kicked Croc's ass, and Moria's death. (: oh and now to mention him kicking Bellamy's arse. :D Doflamingo is win. No doubt about that.

Strongest Shichibukai ? Mihawk. No doubt it. Being the Strongest Swordsman, rival of the Red-haired yonkou Shanks. Mihawk not going all out at Marineford was disppointing. >_> some random WB crew division captain looked like he was equal.[/b]

Filling the 3 spots..Buggy? Lool. Possibly. Maybe Vegapunk's BB clones? who knows :o A huge wild guess.. Marco of WB? XD lol. That'd be interesting.

I really like Jinbei too. He's a pretty honorable dude. We know he's powerful (fighting with Ace for 5 days straight! :O) For some reason I liked him even more when he started tearing up when he saw Luffy crying. I know it's just a small chance, but I wouldn't mind if he ended up joining. :D

LazyJremy
August 17th, 2010, 04:51 PM
My favorite Shichibukai are Blackbeard, Mihawk, and Hancock.

Moria kind of sucked to me being that he had his crew wiped out in the New World like some of the Super Novas and fodder pirates have happen to them.

Crocodile is cool too but I like who I stated above a little more.

Blackbeard is a true pirate, Mihawk is just epic, and Hancock.... Can you say fan service? ^o^ lol

Jung
August 18th, 2010, 10:48 AM
One Piece 596 (spoilers!)
Robin is requested to work with the legendary Dragon. :D Flashes back to when she was sentenced to death by Spandam. She's treated like royalty while the Revolutionaries escort her to Dragon. She thinks this is a chance to grow a little stronger, to be working under Dragon.The chapter ends

LazyJremy, if you want to join :o read the rules first~

thedestinedblade
August 19th, 2010, 09:33 AM
One Piece 596 (spoilers!)
Robin is requested to work with the legendary Dragon. :D Flashes back to when she was sentenced to death by Spandam. She's treated like royalty while the Revolutionaries escort her to Dragon. She thinks this is a chance to grow a little stronger, to be working under Dragon.The chapter ends

LazyJremy, if you want to join :o read the rules first~
Pretty uneventful chapter. Pretty much the rest of the characters deciding to get stronger. The Franky part was pretty funny though, lol. Probably the most interesting thing was the chapter cover, which showed an older Sabo (but not showing his face) There has to be some significance in that.

Jung
August 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Pretty uneventful chapter. Pretty much the rest of the characters deciding to get stronger. The Franky part was pretty funny though, lol. Probably the most interesting thing was the chapter cover, which showed an older Sabo (but not showing his face) There has to be some significance in that.

Yes, When I saw the cover, I was quite suprised. :o Sabo? >: I wonder where he is now. By the looks of him, he looks like he's doing good. >: Luffy's probably going to meet him one day and like take down BlackBeard and Marineford for revenge. :o xD Franky looked like a beast. :o

I guess, the old topic was pretty worn out. :o Soo~

Oda, Who is your favorite SuperNova?

Zameric
August 19th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Look at me, being unactive and not posting for like a week or so again. :/

Anime 462Well this is the part where I skipped from when trying to catch up, and just started reading the most current chapters (which was about the middle of the war). So I'm a little excited to be seeing it in the anime, since it feel like new to me. Whitebeard's entrace with the Moby Dick coming up from underwater was pretty cool. I thought it was kind of funny how the other Whitebeard ships looked like they were attached to the Moby Dick and made it seems like it was T-shaped. And there was another one of One Piece's semi-signature emotional/heart warming moments. The quick battle between WB and Aokiji was pretty cool, I always like battles better in anime than in manga. It's interesting to Mihawk as the eager one to battle. And I had one of my Luffy-esque moments when seeing the seaquake and the tsunami it generated. But then Aokiji's Ice Age was awesome too. I hope Tsuru does a bit a fighting, that'd be interesting to see. Well, looks like Luffy and the others from Impel Down might come into the battle in the next episode, maybe.

Manga 596My freaking jaw dropped at the cover page! Grown up version of Sabo! Even if they didn't show his face... Damn, Oda can be a real tease. xD
A glimps of the rest of the crew starting on their training. I was kind of hoping the Strawhats would be reunited soon after the war's end, but I guess Oda has other plans.
Nami's looking fine as ever. It'll be interesting to see what new knowledge and abilities/weapons Nami gains from her training. Technical abilities like Nami and Chopper's always interest me because they can almost always come up with new things.
Brook..."Bone to Be Wild"...I wonder if that's a literal translation. Born to Be Wild is one of my favorite songs, so I hope ODa doesn't muder it with this seeming parody of the song. Or he could just have parodied the name.
I think the Strawhat adventure I'm most interested in is Robin's meeting with Dragon. I really want to see what this will result in, other than just Dragon learning about Ohara.
I just laugh my arse off at Franky and Usopp. But hopefully they'll gain new abilities too. xD

Yes, When I saw the cover, I was quite suprised. :o Sabo? >: I wonder where he is now. By the looks of him, he looks like he's doing good. >: Luffy's probably going to meet him one day and like take down BlackBeard and Marineford for revenge. :o xD Franky looked like a beast. :o
I think it was more of a what if kind of picture, Ace is dead and Sabo is presumed to be dead. Still great though. :)

Who is your favorite SuperNova?
I would have to say Jewelry Bonney.
She may be one of the lower bounties, but I still think she is an awesome and dangerous pirate.
Plus she's pretty hot. ;p

Who is your favorite Schichibukai? (Former or Current) side: Strongest Schichibukai?
My favorite Warlord is definately Kuma, before he lost his mind and will to the WG and became their robot.
I just really hope Kuma gets back his mind/will, because I hate that he's just a Pacifista now.

Strongest... I think would be a tie between Kuma and Mihawk.
That would have be such an epic battle to see.

thedestinedblade
August 19th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah, it was a "what if" cover, but the fact that they didn't show his face must mean something.

The Supernova's are a colorful cast of characters. Capone is probably my least favorite. I like Kidd for his brutality, which we haven't seen with many other pirates. (Crucifying other pirates!? :O) Law is the cool and collected one. Can't forget the finger he gave Kidd. :laugh: I love his design. I like X.Drake as well for what he did a couple chapters back, lol. Plus, first Ancient Zoan introduced.

Zameric
August 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Anime 463
That was a pretty epic episode! The Whitebeard War is getting into full swing. We get to see Joz block Mihawk's slash with his still unamed/uncategorized devil fruit powers. And then we get to see Kizaru duke it out with Marco. I like how they colored Marco's flames. And ya know, i never noticed, till a reading the One Piece wiki a little while ago, that Izou (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Izou) is a man and that Haruta (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Haruta) is a girl. Akainu displays his powers. And then Oars Jr. makes an entrance.

thedestinedblade
August 23rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Anime 463
That was a pretty epic episode! The Whitebeard War is getting into full swing. We get to see Joz block Mihawk's slash with his still unamed/uncategorized devil fruit powers. And then we get to see Kizaru duke it out with Marco. I like how they colored Marco's flames. And ya know, i never noticed, till a reading the One Piece wiki a little while ago, that Izou (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Izou) is a man and that Haruta (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Haruta) is a girl. Akainu displays his powers. And then Oars Jr. makes an entrance.

Yeah, there wasn't much filler like last week's episode. Just full intense fighting! :D My guess it that Jozu's DF is probably a Paramecia (an awesome one at that) Marco's ability was nicely animated as well. Akainu finally got in the action as well. I really liked the Coby part where he was overcome by fear when he realized he was pretty much a nobody compared to everyone fighting, lol. Oh, apparently Ichigo's VA from Bleach is the one doing Marco's voice.

Manga 597

2 year time skip!! :OOO

Jung
August 25th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Manga 597

So, Zolo wants to train under Mihawk. Even though they're like sworn enemies. Mihawk accepts and trains him. In two years they'll meet up. Rayleigh and Luffy are on 48 seasons island. here to learn "Haki" two year time skip.. :D ... No One Piece Manga..for 4 Weeks. WTF? D:

Oda on a break again. Dx. Now I have to watch the anime..

thedestinedblade
August 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM
No One Piece for 1 month... :/

I can see the next chapter being the start of "part 2" though.

The OP world will be vastly different. New Admiral, Shichibukai, and even some of the Supernova's probably being killed. Will be interested to see how far Coby has advance to the ranks as well. Most people don't really like the idea of Zoro being trained by Mihawk, but I'd like to see how Oda eventually develops this relationship. Damn, everyone will probably be given a new look as well. Can't wait! I honestly think this rises Perona's chances of joining as well. She'll probably spend the 2 years there with Zoro, and I can see her deciding to follow him when he eventually leaves. :\

Let's hope Luffy doesn't decided to grow his hair out like his father, lol.

Zameric
August 30th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Well I'm back from my weekend trip to Las Vegas you never knew about. xD

Anime 464
This was both an awesome and sad episode. In the beginning it was awesome because Oars Jr. came and kicked arse. Also Boa Hancock showed off her fighting skills, which are both smexy and kick arse. And I think the transition from awesome to sad was when Kuma used his Ursus Shock on Oars Jr. Which was both awesome and sad at the same time. It was kind of tough to watch Oars Jr. struggle to reach Ace.

double trouble!
August 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I'd like to join.
I recently got myself hooked on One Piece.
How? Someone was talking about the 4Kids dub, so I downloaded some subs...
After that... I started from episode 1 in Late June.
I'm up to episode 426 now!
Luffy + Gear Second = win

Which SuperNova is your favorite?
I think I'll have to say Scratchmen Apoo.
His Devil Fruit = hilarious.

Jung
September 3rd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Welcome double trouble. I really hope you won't be trouble. heh. c: @.@ I should really watch the anime,since there's going to be no OP manga for like 3 more weeks. D::

Sorry for the inactivity, relatives here, D: Can't go on the computer as often. You know the whole family time kind of thing. >.>;

Alakazam17
September 6th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Wow, I haven't posted over in a long while.

No One Piece for 1 month... :/

I can see the next chapter being the start of "part 2" though.

The OP world will be vastly different. New Admiral, Shichibukai, and even some of the Supernova's probably being killed. Will be interested to see how far Coby has advance to the ranks as well. Most people don't really like the idea of Zoro being trained by Mihawk, but I'd like to see how Oda eventually develops this relationship. Damn, everyone will probably be given a new look as well. Can't wait! I honestly think this rises Perona's chances of joining as well. She'll probably spend the 2 years there with Zoro, and I can see her deciding to follow him when he eventually leaves. :\

Let's hope Luffy doesn't decided to grow his hair out like his father, lol.

I agree with everything you said there. I want to see how far Coby gets in the government, and who the newer Shichibukai will be. I doubt Crocodile will be seen in their ranks again, as I think he'd be better off going his own way. I could see Smoker rising higher in the ranks though.

As for the Strawhats, I am really looking forward to how they'll all look like when they meet up after the time skip. Of all the stories, I'm the most interested in Robin's and Zoro's(well, they are my favourite characters, haha). And at long last, Zoro's actually going to appear unwounded! Can't wait for that either, XD.

Only two and half weeks left to go...I can make it...I can make it...I can make it! :laugh:

thedestinedblade
September 7th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Wow, I haven't posted over in a long while.

I agree with everything you said there. I want to see how far Coby gets in the government, and who the newer Shichibukai will be. I doubt Crocodile will be seen in their ranks again, as I think he'd be better off going his own way. I could see Smoker rising higher in the ranks though.

As for the Strawhats, I am really looking forward to how they'll all look like when they meet up after the time skip. Of all the stories, I'm the most interested in Robin's and Zoro's(well, they are my favourite characters, haha). And at long last, Zoro's actually going to appear unwounded! Can't wait for that either, XD.

Only two and half weeks left to go...I can make it...I can make it...I can make it! :laugh:

Really? Only about 2 weeks left. :D They've gone pretty fast for myself.

I think chapter 600 will probably be the reunion. I wonder how emotional the scene will be? And after who knows how many years of being teased we can finally get to Fishman Island! Here's hoping for increased bounties as well as it's been awhile.

Zameric
September 11th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Anime 151 & 152(Dub)
Hell yeah! I love this episode. Bellamy is such an ass-hat.
It's a same the Spring Spring Fruit was wasted on him. :/
Got to hear Mihawk's dub voice, it's alright.
I like their pick for Doflamingo though. :)
Hell yes! Ed Blaylock is perfect to voice Sengoku! *squees*
He did King Bradley on the FMA dubs. :)
I'm laughing at Whitebeard's VA being the narrator from Sgt. Frog. xD
Eww at Marco's color scheme in this episode. >.<
So it's finally getting to the Sky Island arc, but now this is gonna take forever.

Anime 466
This was a good episode. It's was about here that I skipped a head to in the manga. Totally expected Crocodile to attack Whitebeard. Luffy intercepting Crocodile was freaking bad-arse! It's funny to see them compete against each other. I lmao at everyone's expressions. Looking forward to the next episode.

I can't wait for the manga any longer! >.<

マッティ
September 11th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Anime 466
This was a good episode. It's was about here that I skipped a head to in the manga. Totally expected Crocodile to attack Whitebeard. Luffy intercepting Crocodile was freaking bad-arse! It's funny to see them compete against each other. I lmao at everyone's expressions. Looking forward to the next episode.

I can't wait for the manga any longer! >.<

I lawl'd so hard at the part where Luffy yells that he is going to be king of the pirates to Whitebeard, I was like Luffy, you got serious balls doing that xD
But yeah good episode. :3. I cannot wait till the next one that is for sure. :3

Sert908
September 20th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I'll Join, though I just started One Piece yesterday.

Zameric
September 21st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Anime Dub 154
Yay, we're getting into Skypiea episodes now!
I'm looking forward to hearing all the new VA's for the Funimation version.
Although, I think I saw a few episodes of the Funi dub on TV, because Conis and her father sound familiar.
I'm sure they can't do any worse than 4kids with the voices in the game Pirate Carnival (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkfq7bTmp8&feature=player_embedded#%21).
I really want to see who they cast for Enel.
Yay for no top Nami! xD

Anime 467
So the Whitebeard War continues on. Luffy seems sort of overwhelmed already, with all the Marine soldiers and Moria zombies he had to fight. But he kept pushing on because he wants Ace. And freakign Kizaru attacks him too. Luckily Ivankov was there to save him. I think Kizaru is one of the hardest Lugia types to fight without Haki. I can understand that Ace didn't want Luffy to be there risking his life, but he should know better than to try to persuade his little brother from doing something. Btw, Moria's zombies actually seemed cool in this episode.

When are One Piece manga chapters coming back?! >.<

Here's a topic...
Speculate on power-ups for the Strawhat crew.
I think Luffy will obviously be able to control Haki. Maybe get some new Gum Gum Fruit attacks.

Zoro might have some new sword technique, and maybe some Haki control.

Nami will gain more knowledge of weather, which she might use to supe-up her Clima-Tact. She might also learn about some of the New World weather phenomenon.

I think Usopp will get physically stronger. He'll probably develop some new attacks for his Kabuto.

Sanji is gonna learn new recipies and cooking techniques. I also think he might use some Okama Kenpo. :p

Chopper will learn more about medicine and maybe develope a second rumble ball.

I have no idea for Robin...

Franky, might make some new inventions?

I don't think Brook will get any new powers. xD

thedestinedblade
September 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Nami has long hair now!!!

lol, no chapter spoilers yet though.

Zameric
October 6th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Wow, sorry that I haven't been active here guys.
School's kept me busy. And last weekend was full.
Plus my Bleach fan club has been real active lately.

Manga 599 oh crap, almost at 600
This was a pretty good chapter. :)

Luffy pwned those wannabe Strawhats, with his new Haki!
And his Bounty is now 400 million beris!

Hancock wearing that fake mustache made my laugh.
And the backpack she made for Luffy. :p

I don't really care for Franky's modifications, but I'll use to them.

Unless Sentoumaru does some Sumo on the side, there should be no reason that he got even fatter...

Zoro is probably one of the most bad-ass characters I have ever seen now. X)

What is that One Piece Green thing? o.0

I'm so mad. I found out that they changed Ivankov's Seiyu because he got arrested. Norio Imamura was Oda's inspiration for Ivankov's character. It's a shame that he got arrested, he was perfect for the role. I don't usually care about Seiyus, but I really liked this one. >.<