View Full Version : Advanced Trainer's Guide/Pokemon Profile Discussion

November 17th, 2003, 9:09 PM
Discuss frostweaver's guide here, please don't post in the main guide.

November 23rd, 2003, 9:42 AM
I have a question:What pokemon are best for what EV's?

I.E. what pokemon is best for attack EV's,Sp. Def, etc.

November 26th, 2003, 7:37 PM
you will have to make a intellectual call on how to distribute your EV. If you want your stats in that category to be higher, then you will want to dump in EV in that category.

For example:
Staller will put EV in either HP, Def or Sp. Def in order to further increase their tanking ability. If they excel in both category of defenses, you will want to put in EVs in the 2 defenses. If your staller is someone like Blissey, then put them in HP and sp.def (or which defense category your pokemon excels in)

A sweeper wants all out attack, dealing heavy damage within a rather limited time (due to lack of defense). So you would want to put EV in speed and in the category of attack that your pokemon excels in, and etc...

it's really up to you how you want to distribute them. Put them in the category that your Pokemon excel at, and that's usually a good way to distribute your EVs.

December 17th, 2003, 5:54 AM
Oh, goodie! This will help me out a lot. When it comes to team strategy, I am the worst. :laugh:

January 24th, 2004, 1:10 AM
If you feed them rare candies, and buy all the guru stuff, will they have their stats maxed out?

January 24th, 2004, 1:14 AM

*knows that you MUST train to get max stats*
*remembers that each vitamins only provide 10 EV*
*knows that a Pokemon will only accept (I think) 10 vitamins... which is far from enough for max EV*
*wants everyone to keep in mind that a Pokemon can never achieve truly max stats for all categories like the old days*

January 26th, 2004, 1:34 AM
Whats Blissey and Snorlex?

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 26th, 2004, 3:03 AM
frosty that's a lot of good info. I should have done the honour of stickying. Oh well. I am a moderator of the gaming forums, after all.

January 31st, 2004, 8:23 PM
Brilliant isnt he? He doesnt even have that much field experience, but this is a well put together guide. Frosty, do you want two threads? One for comments questions/and one for the guide itself?

January 31st, 2004, 9:29 PM
well certainly frost is very like....helpful. thats alot of cool info for starters. too bad im too lazy to read all of the crap. BORED

February 2nd, 2004, 5:25 AM
If it is GOOD info, you shouldn't be calling it crap.

February 2nd, 2004, 9:37 PM
woops... i meant writing

March 6th, 2004, 8:25 AM
"Put it in the box like the classical GSC box trick to maximize stats. Voila..."

what is the classical GSC box trick??

March 6th, 2004, 3:44 PM
Fight lotsa enemies when you're Lv100, like 20-30, then put in the box. Go to that woman on Slateport and if she gives you an effort ribbon, your stats are maxed. If not, fight 20-30 pokemon again, put in the box, repeat, repeat, etc.

March 6th, 2004, 3:57 PM
kthx for the info mr. kakashi ^^

March 6th, 2004, 4:13 PM
So, a Naruto fan as well, eh?

March 8th, 2004, 6:31 PM
yup, I'm following the series straight from Japan....

March 8th, 2004, 8:41 PM
Really?*WAY OFF-TOPIC* Which part of the series did you watch it til?

March 9th, 2004, 3:29 PM
Hmm the Double Team + Pressure combo is pure evil. I gotta try that one someday, lol. Thanks Frosty for the tips!

As Kairi said before... Brilliant!

Off-topic: Cool, you're all into Naruto? I'm up to episode 40 right now. Great series, isn't it? *vanishes*

March 11th, 2004, 3:18 PM
I'm not sure if he added it, but Sub/Focus Punch also works quite well. You have to use something that won't have its sub pop in one shot for real effectiveness though. Kangaskhan and Snorlax do it pretty well.

March 17th, 2004, 8:54 AM
Do rare candies re-come back whatever thingy? I mean can you get them more than once in the same place.

March 17th, 2004, 3:31 PM
I'm up tp episode 74 on Naruto.... with the rare candies I find that Zigzagoons pick-up works the best around route 121 from Forttree to LilyCove you can find more rare candies there.

March 24th, 2004, 4:28 AM
Yea I know, but you mean you can get them and get them and never stop?

March 25th, 2004, 4:40 PM
I found the best "Evading" Pokemon, I just wanna know if he is good:

Sandslash@Lax Incense

Double Team
And 2 other offensif moves..

So? Is he good?

April 11th, 2004, 10:43 PM
If that sandslash can pull off 2 double team and 1 sandstorm, you're very lucky already. Double Team is very difficult to pull off due to the very improfitable outcome during early levels of double team... Plus i lost so much faith on double team after my gyarados has 6 double team and got struck by thunderbolt... x_x;

Speed in setups matter a lot. One turn of swords dance or dragon dance is enough to be game breaking. The opponent won't allow you to stand there for 1 turn of sandstorm and 6 turns of double team and make it out alive... Unless you have special plans such as umbreon with mean look, or using sub, it's very difficult to pull off so many buffs.

Solid Reptile
May 3rd, 2004, 12:53 AM
~what do you think of marshtomp with:

-ice beam

who knows a fourth move for me?

are the first 3 I wrote down suitable/handy?

May 3rd, 2004, 1:52 PM
We really need a whole team to judge... but usually Swampert goes completely physical (if you look at the stats, physical stats >>> special stats for Swampert)

May 5th, 2004, 8:53 AM
That's a lot of attack. Do something tactical...... like..... toxic. Or... teach it return so that you can have a really annoying all out attack pokemon. (I hate pokemon such as this, but, they work well)

May 8th, 2004, 3:38 PM
since this IS the EVs guide,How is this on my zangoose?252 att.EVs,252 Spd,6 Def.

May 8th, 2004, 3:42 PM
It's pretty much standard you do that...

This maybe a small note, but move the 6 Def to HP. It's just a recommanded thing to do to get 1 more point of HP instead of def...

May 8th, 2004, 3:43 PM
yeah,too bad I already put them in!Oh Well

May 8th, 2004, 3:49 PM
it is really okay... as it doesn't do too much of a difference...

as your main attribute of 252 spd and attack is still there, this Zangoose is still completely usable ^_^ (I have one myself, and it's one of my strongest physical attacker)

EDIT: there really isn't a need to make a post that just reads "awesome!" ^^; Really it isn't really needed unless you have something else to add too

May 8th, 2004, 3:55 PM

edit:is 252 spd and 255 sp att,3 Hp good for Entei?

Edit2: yeah i mean it like for you,but i also needed a space filler!