PDA

View Full Version : Dawn's Piplup: Why hasn't it evolved yet?

joacen
August 2nd, 2010, 04:20 AM
I understand that Dawn dedicates her Pokemon training for contests, so her Pokemon might not grow stronger that fast. However, Dawn has had Piplup since the first season of the Diamond & Pearl series. Why hasn't it evolved yet? Dawn's Swinub is already a Mamoswine. Same goes for Buneary, actually. It hasn't evolved yet either. I guess Dawn doesn't spend too much time raising them. What do you think?

Dixie
August 2nd, 2010, 05:08 AM
Well, the reason for that is because Piplup refused to evolve. There was an episode dedicated to Piplup's evolution and his resistence towards it. He eventually took a stone which stopped him evolving for good.

joacen
August 2nd, 2010, 05:22 AM
I see. I didn't know Piplup refused to evolve. I don't think I saw that episode.

Dixie
August 2nd, 2010, 05:27 AM
Here it is on Bulbapedia http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP122 (http://http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP122)

GFA
August 2nd, 2010, 05:39 AM
Because its holding an Everstone? lol

Dixie
August 2nd, 2010, 05:50 AM
Because its holding an Everstone? lol

stating the obvious. :knockedou

ryanmtmoa
August 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Piplup, as said, refused to evolve and got an Everstone so that's why it didn't evolve.

I believe Buneary hasn't evolved because it has a role as liking Ash's Pikachu which would be weird if it turned into a Lopunny. It's also a sort of Dawn's icon Pokemon, or at least in my opinion it is.

Vapor™
August 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Well it refused to but still took a long time for it to be able to evolve the reason for that who knows?

Symbiosis
August 3rd, 2010, 08:32 PM
Well,piplup looks a lot cuter then its evolved forms so since dawn's a cord its a great choice for her and piplup.

PearlShipper4Life
August 4th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Well, Pipulp's not the only one of Dawn's Pokemon that hasn't evolved. Why? Cuz they don't want to???

GFA
August 4th, 2010, 02:50 PM
it cant evolve because dawn is a ***** who cant battle so she competes in what i call "Poke-lite" and dosn't battle ever cos she is stupid
cased closed

Explain Swinub's evoltions into Mamosine then :P

Haowakeorden
August 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM
In relative terms, I'd say Piplup has a greater chance of evolving than Buneary in the foreseeable future. I don't know how the Pikachu-Buneary relationship is going right now, but Buneary evolving would make it quite awkward.

Diablerie
August 5th, 2010, 01:31 AM
With Kenny and Barry already having evolved forms of Piplup... do we really want 3 Prinplups/Empoleons running around?

But yeah, Piplup's holding an Everstone. This is also discussed in the episode:
"Stopped in the Name of Love".

pokemonloverXD
August 7th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Is this really a serious question? Dawn's Piplup hasn't evolve becoz it's holding an everstone

joacen
August 8th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Is this really a serious question? Dawn's Piplup hasn't evolve becoz it's holding an everstone

I started this discussion because I hadn't seen the episode where Piplup refused to evolve. Now I know, and the fact that Piplup is holding an everstone has already been established.

Scorpio219
August 9th, 2010, 03:50 AM
they have done this since the first season, ash got squirtle before charmander and yet charmander evolved twice while squirtle hasn't evolved yet.

pokemonlover493
August 13th, 2010, 03:28 PM
they have done this since the first season, ash got squirtle before charmander and yet charmander evolved twice while squirtle hasn't evolved yet.

Actually, Ash got Squirtle in the episode after he got Charmander.

TheFuturePokemon
August 13th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Actually, Ash got Squirtle in the episode after he got Charmander.

Yep, but ash did get Bulbasaur before Charmander.