PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] 256/240 color Titlescreen (Firered)

Black Charizard.
August 10th, 2010, 01:16 AM
256/240 color Titlescreen (FireRed)

Tools used/required:
-NLZ-GBA Advance (for importing the big titlescreen image when done)
-UNZL-GBA
-APE
-NTME
-Irfanview (used for indexing and for the palette)
-FSF (Free Space Finder)

Step 1 – Preparing the titlescreen image

We start with making a full titlescreen image,
a full titlescreen image is the titlescreen with everything on it.
The pokemon, the logo, the press start button and the background.
This is a full titlescreen image:

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/7042/6neh.png

See that’s a “full titlescreen image”, for those who still didn’t get what I was saying.
Make sure the image is not bigger then 240×160 if it is crop it to size.

Step 2 – Indexing the titlescreen image

Now we have to index the image you can do this by opening the image in irfanview.
Then go to the menu in irfanview.
Go to image -> decrease color depth
Then uncheck floyd dithering and set colors to 239.
You should get this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img39/299/p6ws.png

Next while your still in irfanview go to image -> palette -> the edit palette.
edit the first color to a bright color by double clicking it.

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/3317/gzcx.png

Then go to image -> palette -> the export palette.
And save the palette.
Then save your image with a different name then your unindexed image. Next open the unindexed image and the indexed image in paint. Copy and paste the unindexed image on to the indexed image and hit save.

Note, the modern version of Paint distributed in Windows 7 does no longer support indexed files. If you use this version, please find an alternative.

Step 3 – Importing the palette to the ROM

Open up your ROM in APE and then go to offset 00EAB6C4.
Then go to Edit -> Adjusted palette -> import
Import the palette you saved in step 2.

Then hit replace next go to offset 00EAB6E4 then click the > arrow in the most down index like shown in this screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/4278/f7p3.png

Then go on like that and hit replace until you had all 16 indexes.

Here are the offsets and which index they use of the palette you imported.
Quote:
00EAB6C4 – Index 1
00EAB6E4 – Index 2
00EAB704 – Index 3
00EAB724 – Index 4
00EAB744 – Index 5
00EAB764 – Index 6
00EAB784 – Index 7
00EAB7A4 – Index 8
00EAB7C4 – Index 9
00EAB7E4 – Index 10
00EAB804 – Index 11
00EAB824 – Index 12
00EAB844 – Index 13
00EAD5E8 – Index 14
00EAE094 – Index 15

Step 4 – Importing the image to the rom

First open unzl.gba en load your rom then go to 2009 or 2010 somewhere around that is your Pokemon logo image it should look like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/1387/1yh7.png

Then copy the image offset in my case (00EAB8C4).
Next open NLZ-GBA Advance and load your rom.
Then go to offset 00EAB8C4 click it on 256 colors then click import bitmap.
Then this popup should appear:

http://imageshack.us/a/img14/1833/731w.png

I choose the offset to repoint to 800000 since I don’t know how much bytes I need for the titlescreen.
This is because the normal of way of checking this through unzl.gba does not work as it crashes unzl.gba.
When you clicked ok you should get a message that states that the image is repointed.
Next click write to ROM and then close the program.

Step 5 – Making the raw

Open NTME then click File -> open tileset select the image you saved at step 2 the indexed image.
Next in the tilemap area make sure you set the preset size to FR/LG TS.
Next in the tile selection menu click on the + for width and height until you have the whole image this way you spare a lot of time making the raw.
It will look like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/7854/wozi.png

Then go to the menu again and click File -> save tilemap and save it as a raw.

Step 6 – Importing the raw

Next open unzl.gba and load your rom go to the location where the pokemon logo was 2009/2010,
then go 1 image further so 2010/2011 then click on file -> load raw and write that to your ROM.
It should give you an error as your tilemap size is to big.

http://imageshack.us/a/img132/9521/ugym.png

Note the compressed size is: 564.
This shows how many bytes it needs to be written to the ROM.
Now open FSF (Free Space Finder) open your ROM through file -> open ROM.
Then select search from offset 700000 and type the 564 in the hex field it will show 1380 in the dec field this is the number of bytes it needs.
Next type that number in needed bytes and click search it will show it to you like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/5725/xezj.png

So now write that offset down/copy it.
And go back to unzl.gba to the raw image on number 2011 in 16 colors then load your raw again and this time repoint the image to the offset FSF gave you.

Step 7 – Removing blinking and blocks

I included a zip file with all replacement images.

To remove the blinking you have to go to unzl.gba and open your rom.
Then go to offset 140 in 16 colors look around there for the flames if you find them hit 1 time the previous button so that you will see this image:

Save that image and then open it in paint. Turn the whole image to the transparent color so in this case the blue.
Make sure when you save it that it’s indexed. Or you can use my indexed image and import it through unzl.gba the image file name is: “blinking image.png”

Next go to the charizard image around 2010, save the image and then make it 1px in both height and width with only the transparent color.
Make sure when you save it that it’s indexed. Or use my included indexed image called: “transparent.png”

Next go to the image after charizard and import the transparent image this will make the animation before the titlescreen be black with just a blinking bar that goes through it else you would have wierd kind of blocks there.

Then go to the press start gamefreak image which is around 2012 save the image and then make it 1px in both height and width with only the transparent color.
Make sure when you save it that it’s indexed. Or use my included indexed image called: “transparent.png”

Next go to the image after the gamefreak image and import the transparent image this will make the animation before the titlescreen be black with just a blinking bar that goes through it else you would have wierd kind of blocks there.

Once you’ve done all this your titlescreen should work completely have fun!

Credits Tutorial

- Horus/Seth/Black Charizard(.) (Me ;p)
- WilliamGJ (For his tutorial on how to make a 256 color titlescreen from which I have built upon)
- X-Buster (For helping with researching some parts)

Tutorial Files

Click Here! (http://www.romhackersonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89&stc=1&d=1375653527)

Orangturttle
August 11th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Ehh, I don't know if I did something wrong.. But I get this weird screen, which is the normal screen, just with messed up parts of it, it doesn't look like it combines both of them, like the Charizard Picture and the Picture I made, but it's really weird looking.
And I don't know If I just misplaced it, but, where is the files, you include? like, the .raw files and the indexed images.. And I got confused in the 7th step.
" Next go to the image after charizard and click raw dump. Open it in NTME with the titlescreen tileset, make the whole image the transparent tile. Or just import the raw I included called: raw2011.raw"
On the NTME it's saying it doesn't support Raw Files.. So what should I do?

tuna97
August 11th, 2010, 02:38 AM
What a awesome tut....love it...and the titlescreen is awesome :D

sir.euge
August 11th, 2010, 06:19 PM
This means we can make anything have more than 16 colors? Nice titlescreen!

Sora's Nobody
August 11th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Wow, great tutorial. I just dont understand one thing.It's the NLZ-GBA part "Import a bitmap....of what?"

KyotoTushoni
August 11th, 2010, 10:02 PM
This is a good tut. My only problem with it is that you do lose a lot of creativity with it...I mean there is absolutely no layering, so its very easy. But you do get more colors out of it I suppose.

Geinor
August 12th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Next go to the image after charizard and click raw dump. Open it in NTME with the titlescreen tileset, make the whole image the transparent tile. Or just import the raw I included called: raw2011.raw I also dont understand this.

Black Charizard.
August 12th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Wow, great tutorial. I just dont understand one thing.It's the NLZ-GBA part "Import a bitmap....of what?"

You click on import bitmap and then select the titlescreen image you want in the rom this is because unzl.gba chrashes when trying to write it to the rom.

Ehh, I don't know if I did something wrong.. But I get this weird screen, which is the normal screen, just with messed up parts of it, it doesn't look like it combines both of them, like the Charizard Picture and the Picture I made, but it's really weird looking.
And I don't know If I just misplaced it, but, where is the files, you include? like, the .raw files and the indexed images.. And I got confused in the 7th step.
" Next go to the image after charizard and click raw dump. Open it in NTME with the titlescreen tileset, make the whole image the transparent tile. Or just import the raw I included called: raw2011.raw"

The image next to the charizard is the one after you hit the raw dump button on that image then go to NTME click open tileset select your titlescreen and then open that saved raw. or you can use the image raw2011.raw I included.

King Koopa
August 12th, 2010, 12:58 PM
What font is used for the "press start" >_< I want to make one in photoshop just for fun

Darkerm
August 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Awesome Tutorial. I'll try it. Thanks

KyotoTushoni
August 14th, 2010, 08:59 AM
What font is used for the "press start" >_< I want to make one in photoshop just for fun
Its not a specific Font, Its custom for the screen. If you want you could just screenshot FR/LG and pull the "press start" off the screenshot. Or you can just make your own with some other font that looks decent.

stinger123
August 15th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I've read the rules and i think its is fine to post this!
Sorry if this is a bit OFF TOPIC.
Hey would this work for ruby? I know it says fire red but I've made a title screen and I've forgot about keeping 16 colors only in my mind. I don't want to redo it because it took me AGES and its my first title screen. Also if i put it in 16 colors it is going to look horrible :(. I've checked ruby tutorials on youtube and they all say different things, on other websites and they say very little explanation and about put it in tiles or something. I've checked the tutorial on poke community for title screen editing for ruby but I don't think it would work because I got a few objects dotted around. May I please try this method for ruby just it case it saves me because my title screen is more than 16 colors.
Thanks in advance :)

Black Charizard.
August 16th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I've read the rules and i think its is fine to post this!
Sorry if this is a bit OFF TOPIC.
Hey would this work for ruby? I know it says fire red but I've made a title screen and I've forgot about keeping 16 colors only in my mind. I don't want to redo it because it took me AGES and its my first title screen. Also if i put it in 16 colors it is going to look horrible :(. I've checked ruby tutorials on youtube and they all say different things, on other websites and they say very little explanation and about put it in tiles or something. I've checked the tutorial on poke community for title screen editing for ruby but I don't think it would work because I got a few objects dotted around. May I please try this method for ruby just it case it saves me because my title screen is more than 16 colors.
Thanks in advance :)

it's possible in the same kind of way for ruby but with different pallete offsets and different unzl.gba numbers I still need find the raw for the titlescreen for ruby.

stinger123
August 17th, 2010, 01:55 AM
it's possible in the same kind of way for ruby but with different pallete offsets and different unzl.gba numbers I still need find the raw for the titlescreen for ruby.

Thanks for replying :). Since i've just become a hacker in scripting and raw stuff and yeah yesterday I dont know what you mean by raw :P I just follow tutorials :D. Anyways so its possible with ruby even 256 colors? But with different offsets and stuff. Is it hard to find the 'raw' for ruby because I can wait as long as you need, no rush. :) By the way I think I know the unlz - gba numbers for ruby (titlescreen bit) Number 78 or 79 for the whole titlescreen to replace without title and press start and bit later on there is the font and the roms name to replace.

ดูดดื่ม
August 17th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Thank you so much.

Thanks for replying :). Since i've just become a hacker in scripting and raw stuff and yeah yesterday I dont know what you mean by raw :P I just follow tutorials :D. Anyways so its possible with ruby even 256 colors? But with different offsets and stuff. Is it hard to find the 'raw' for ruby because I can wait as long as you need, no rush. :) By the way I think I know the unlz - gba numbers for ruby (titlescreen bit) Number 78 or 79 for the whole titlescreen to replace without title and press start and bit later on there is the font and the roms name to replace.

I am interested as well.
If the emerald is great with it.
*I may be strange expressions. Because I used google to translate.
My English is not strength. (*๓*)

stinger123
August 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I saw a another tutorial like this one and this person also said that he wash trying to find the offsets and stuff for ruby as well.
OFF TOPIC:
Thank you so much.
Eh? Who you saying to and why?
Are you a beginner at this scripting stuff and hacking because then your on the same level as me :)
Anyways what is you original language? :)

EDIT: Check your PM ;)

Neeb
August 17th, 2010, 02:55 PM
that a good tutorial
I really like is a great contribution
thanks

~Teh Panda~
August 19th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Pre-insertion:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/hockeypanda32/Sweet.png

Result:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/hockeypanda32/Hmm.png

Comments:

Alright, I followed every step exactly as written, and I have now attempted this two times. For whatever reason my rom just does not want this to work for me... Both times I have had this result and I am not sure why. In NLZ-GBA after each time that I write my new image to the rom. I check its new offset and the image is screwed up. I know I made tilemap right at 32x20, the TS standard. It's an indexed images as you can tell by the result. Everything should be good. But it's not.

N.D.
August 20th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Alright, I followed every step exactly as written, and I have now attempted this two times. For whatever reason my rom just does not want this to work for me... Both times I have had this result and I am not sure why. In NLZ-GBA after each time that I write my new image to the rom. I check its new offset and the image is screwed up. I know I made tilemap right at 32x20, the TS standard. It's an indexed images as you can tell by the result. Everything should be good. But it's not. I'm also have this problem.

Black Charizard.
August 21st, 2010, 05:03 AM
Pre-insertion:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/hockeypanda32/Sweet.png

Result:

Comments:

Alright, I followed every step exactly as written, and I have now attempted this two times. For whatever reason my rom just does not want this to work for me... Both times I have had this result and I am not sure why. In NLZ-GBA after each time that I write my new image to the rom. I check its new offset and the image is screwed up. I know I made tilemap right at 32x20, the TS standard. It's an indexed images as you can tell by the result. Everything should be good. But it's not.

Hello teh panda I did it for you with the indexed image and there are no issues here:

http://a.imageshack.us/img829/2217/whatlol.png

So get on msn soon so we can talk and discuss what you did wrong.

slawter666
August 21st, 2010, 06:47 AM
I get this weird screen, which is the normal screen, just with messed up parts of it

The same thing has happened to me. i did the indexing in photoshop though so that could be the problem...

ดูดดื่ม
August 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Comments:

I can be, too.
I used the picture size 240x160.

Black Charizard.
August 21st, 2010, 11:00 AM
The same thing has happened to me. i did the indexing in photoshop though so that could be the problem...

Use irfanview it's recommended and also make sure you don't use windows 7 paint with indexing.

I can be, too.
I used the picture size 240x160.

What do you mean if you follow all steps carefully and good then it will work for sure.

ดูดดื่ม
August 21st, 2010, 09:46 PM
What do you mean if you follow all steps carefully and good then it will work for sure.

I made out to be the same ~ Teh Panda ~.
Now I delete the ROM already. Moment I made to look new again.

Black Charizard.
August 21st, 2010, 10:46 PM
I made out to be the same ~ Teh Panda ~.
Now I delete the ROM already. Moment I made to look new again.

I fixed it for ~ Teh Panda ~ with following the steps perfectly correct.

ดูดดื่ม
August 21st, 2010, 10:50 PM
Sorry, I can not insert.
ht_tp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/87/myex.png

Black Charizard.
August 21st, 2010, 11:07 PM
Sorry, I can not insert.
ht_tp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/87/myex.png

You sure you did the steps alright as it seems not.
You need to make sure you write the raw to the rom and the image to the new offset.

ดูดดื่ม
August 21st, 2010, 11:23 PM
ht_tp://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1463/ex06.png

I follow all the steps it. This is the second time and then made out to be like this. T.T
Thank you very much but I do not recommend that. ^.^
PS: I used google translation might read has changed.

Black Charizard.
August 21st, 2010, 11:32 PM
ht_tp://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1463/ex06.png

I follow all the steps it. This is the second time and then made out to be like this. T.T
Thank you very much but I do not recommend that. ^.^
PS: I used google translation might read has changed.

Please upload your indexed image and I will insert it for you and will send you the .aps when done.
It will require credits in your rom hack page like this:

Black Charizard./Horus - Title Screen Inserting Help.

Flandre Scarlet
August 21st, 2010, 11:41 PM
Ummm... I don't know what I did wrong, I followed every step and this happened.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6681/pokemonfireredgba01.png

Could someone help me with this, please? ;-;

ดูดดื่ม
August 21st, 2010, 11:45 PM
Thanks a lot, but no matter I used the hacked emerald.
The tut I can see that it is interesting So I try to do more to experience. ^. ^
Thanks again.

Black Charizard.
August 21st, 2010, 11:57 PM
Ummm... I don't know what I did wrong, I followed every step and this happened.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6681/pokemonfireredgba01.png

Could someone help me with this, please? ;-;

You need to replace the raw images of the charizard and gamefreak part and the charizard and gamefreak image with the transparent image.

Kip
August 22nd, 2010, 11:05 AM
This tutorial is really good. Everything works if you follow through step by step. My title screen works fine. Thanks. :)

One thing, though it may be from a perfectionist point of view - just before the static titlescreen image shows (the bit where it fades into grayscale), I get this awful pattern as shown here:

http://a.imageshack.us/img256/4278/picture2id.png

Is there any way to make this a plain black or is there nothing that can be done?

Black Charizard.
August 23rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
This tutorial is really good. Everything works if you follow through step by step. My title screen works fine. Thanks. :)

One thing, though it may be from a perfectionist point of view - just before the static titlescreen image shows (the bit where it fades into grayscale), I get this awful pattern as shown here:

http://a.imageshack.us/img256/4278/picture2id.png

Is there any way to make this a plain black or is there nothing that can be done?

The part before it can be made black when you write the transparent image to the raws.

slawter666
August 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Would this work with Emerald with the right unLZ.GBA numbers and the right offsets?

This might be slightly offtopic but would it be possible to do this with things other than titlescreens like battlegrounds for instance?

Sora's Nobody
August 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Is this going wrong for everyone? BC has taught me well and i can offer support.

ดูดดื่ม
August 27th, 2010, 02:24 AM
pallete offsets of emerald
00DDE258
00DDE278
00DDE298
00DDE2B8
00DDE2D8
00DDE2F8
00DDE318
00DDE338
00DDE358
00DDE378
00DDE398
00DDE3B8
00DDE3D8
00DDE3F8
00DDE418
00D85EB0
I'm not sure they are correct all.

Black Charizard.
August 27th, 2010, 04:36 AM
pallete offsets of emerald

I'm not sure they are correct all.

I got the ruby offsets but the raw is the missing part I will look for it when I have time for it.

ดูดดื่ม
August 27th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I got the ruby offsets but the raw is the missing part I will look for it when I have time for it.

If you have time left to search the Ruby help with the view of the emerald.
Thanks in advance.

stinger123
August 27th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Amazing discovery mate of 256 colour titlescreen or otherwise I would have been screwed twice over. ;)
Black Charizard or ดูดดื่ม (beacuse you said you fixed it for ~Teh Panda~) I also have a problem :(
But I hope you can tell me how to fix it. Once I loaded up my rom I checked the result of insertion and It is EXACTLY how ~ Teh Panda ~'s title screen looked like (messed up logo and rest of the image was a weird repeating pattern) except in different colours and styles of course. Could you please tell me how to fix it which you told or did for ~ Teh Panda ~ because I got the EXACT same problem as him.

Many thanks in advance :)

EXACTLY like this my problem.
(~Teh Panda's~ screenshot)
h_tp://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/hockeypanda32/Hmm.png

ดูดดื่ม
August 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Amazing discovery mate of 256 colour titlescreen or otherwise I would have been screwed twice over. ;)
Black Charizard or ดูดดื่ม (beacuse you said you fixed it for ~Teh Panda~) I also have a problem :(
But I hope you can tell me how to fix it. Once I loaded up my rom I checked the result of insertion and It is EXACTLY how ~ Teh Panda ~'s title screen looked like (messed up logo and rest of the image was a weird repeating pattern) except in different colours and styles of course. Could you please tell me how to fix it which you told or did for ~ Teh Panda ~ because I got the EXACT same problem as him.

Many thanks in advance :)

EXACTLY like this my problem.
(~Teh Panda's~ screenshot)
h_tp://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/hockeypanda32/Hmm.png

Now I can edit it. This problem is caused by a process of tilemap.
The NTME you set it to 32x32 or box below the size of each version.

PS: Nice to meet U, friend. :)

stinger123
August 28th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Now I can edit it. This problem is caused by a process of tilemap.
The NTME you set it to 32x32 or box below the size of each version.

PS: Nice to meet U, friend. :)

Still doesnt work, got the same problem :(.
Do you mean in NTME to set the bottom size to 32 x 32 but the the size becomes custom and not FR/LG
Oh yeah, on the last step when you get your result from FSF are you supposed to put to 00 in front of it and uncheck/check anything?
By the way nice to talk to you mate ;)

ดูดดื่ม
August 28th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Still doesnt work, got the same problem :(.
Do you mean in NTME to set the bottom size to 32 x 32 but the the size becomes custom and not FR/LG
Oh yeah, on the last step when you get your result from FSF are you supposed to put to 00 in front of it and uncheck/check anything?
By the way nice to talk to you mate ;)

It is because the width of it is not enough. If you change it to widen it to normal.
See you back at step 5 of the black charizard described.
The final step is to put to 00 in front of it and uncheck it only export pallete.

stinger123
August 28th, 2010, 06:30 AM
It is because the width of it is not enough. If you change it to widen it to normal.
See you back at step 5 of the black charizard described.
The final step is to put to 00 in front of it and uncheck it only export pallete.

Ok so Im supposed to put it to 32 x 32 in NTME and custom size and the final step put 2 00's in front of the result and only have export palette checked?
Any other things I should do do minimize the errors or troubles?
Thanks mate ;) Real help your are :)

EDIT: Wait in my NTME 32 x 32 is way to big for my titlescreen is the size supposed (in bottom titleset) to it to be fitting EXACTLY with no extra space?

ดูดดื่ม
August 28th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Ok so Im supposed to put it to 32 x 32 in NTME and custom size and the final step put 2 00's in front of the result and only have export palette checked?
Any other things I should do do minimize the errors or troubles?
Thanks mate ;) Real help your are :)

Yes.
If you have a problem as I edit the raw size, it's ok.

Edit: You just adjust the width before adding +2.

stinger123
August 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Yes.
If you have a problem as I edit the raw size, it's ok.

Edit: You just adjust the width before adding +2.

So once it put the titlescreen at 32 x 32 in NTME I +2 to width? :O
Sorry mate just don't get you :(

stinger123
August 28th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I had the same problem. You have to import the titlescreen before the tilemap. You can't screw it up. This fixed my problem.

So is the result like a weird messed up columns without any tile repeated in the bottom box? Also do you put the size to FR/LG TS or do you leave it on custom size? If so what do you do next? Thanks for the info because I've seen this weird columns some where else... :D

ดูดดื่ม
August 28th, 2010, 08:27 PM
So once it put the titlescreen at 32 x 32 in NTME I +2 to width? :O
Sorry mate just don't get you :(

Yes.it's width.
This picture of Black Charizard @ step 5.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5325/13048611.png

The picture you see red circle.

*Must be really sorry. My English is not strong.http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

To pokemonhacker12345
You do the same stinger123.
It is normal.

stinger123
August 29th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Aww man! I still get screwed up :(
.OK this is what I did.
Indexed my full title screen (239 colours.)
Got NTME, set size to FR/LG TS and selected the whole titlescreen and put it onto the tile map. There was a bit extra space at the right hand side.
Went to NGLZ - Advance Put in image offset and imported my indexed bitmap and repointed thingy to 800000 and the two boxes checked.
Went to Unlz-Gba and went to the number where I found my firered logo - 1991 :O and went 1 after that and 16 colours on. Loaded Raw onto 1992 and file to big blah blah 564
FSF Put 700000 and put 564, got 1380 and search and copied the code and shoved it on with 2 00's and only had export palette checked.
Clicked OK nothing happened. Loaded up game and I was even more screwed than last time :(
Can someone put screen shot's on the NTME bit, importing on Unlz gba specially when you get your result and put the 2 00's on it and checking the boxes and stuff so I can check if mine is correct.
Thanks for the people who are helping me :D

ดูดดื่ม
August 29th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Aww man! I still get screwed up :(
.OK this is what I did.
Indexed my full title screen (239 colours.)
Got NTME, set size to FR/LG TS and selected the whole titlescreen and put it onto the tile map. There was a bit extra space at the right hand side.
Went to NGLZ - Advance Put in image offset and imported my indexed bitmap and repointed thingy to 800000 and the two boxes checked.
Went to Unlz-Gba and went to the number where I found my firered logo - 1991 :O and went 1 after that and 16 colours on. Loaded Raw onto 1992 and file to big blah blah 564
FSF Put 700000 and put 564, got 1380 and search and copied the code and shoved it on with 2 00's and only had export palette checked.
Clicked OK nothing happened. Loaded up game and I was even more screwed than last time :(
Can someone put screen shot's on the NTME bit, importing on Unlz gba specially when you get your result and put the 2 00's on it and checking the boxes and stuff so I can check if mine is correct.
Thanks for the people who are helping me :D
Then you try to gradually increase the size of the raw. It then checks that the size of unlz.gba acted when you have not insert it.
Try to look at this picture again.
I have used images of black charizard.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3663/90685576.png

stinger123
August 29th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Then you try to gradually increase the size of the raw. It then checks that the size of unlz.gba acted when you have not insert it.
Try to look at this picture again.
I have used images of black charizard.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3663/90685576.png

Um, can you give me a suggest how much to increase the raw by? :O
Thanks for you help friend :D

starterra
August 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM
What am I supposed to do if I have Windows 7 Paint?

Flandre Scarlet
August 29th, 2010, 09:31 PM
What am I supposed to do if I have Windows 7 Paint?

Use Windows XP paint. Just ask someone with XP to get their mspaint.exe from their system or system32 folder (can't remember which) and use that. It worked for me.

Sora's Nobody
August 29th, 2010, 09:57 PM
XP Paint super super fun zone. Here to all who needs it. Xp paint. This will solve your problem.

starterra
August 30th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks, guys. I was looking for a copy of MSpaint for XP for my 7 earlier, but i didn't find it.

Sora's Nobody
August 30th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks, guys. I was looking for a copy of MSpaint for XP for my 7 earlier, but i didn't find it.
Your welcome. I run 7 too. I took that paint from my moms pc :)

stinger123
September 2nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
Aww, 5th time still getting screwed up titlescreens
I still get messed up screens like ~ Teh Panda ~ did. Anyways two people have tried and help me out but I still get messed up titlescreens.
Any solution?
Very very sorry because I know I am getting very annoying :(

Skull Guardian
September 3rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Well, I did all of your steps till now, and this is what I get:
*attachment*
What did I do wrong??? Please help me....

Black Charizard.
September 3rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
Aww, 5th time still getting screwed up titlescreens
I still get messed up screens like ~ Teh Panda ~ did. Anyways two people have tried and help me out but I still get messed up titlescreens.
Any solution?
Very very sorry because I know I am getting very annoying :(

I can help send me a pm with a link to your indexed image and a patch of the rom it needs to be inserted to

Well, I did all of your steps till now, and this is what I get:
*attachment*
What did I do wrong??? Please help me....

You need to follow the NTME steps carefully.

stinger123
September 3rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
I can help send me a pm with a link to your indexed image and a patch of the rom it needs to be inserted to

Thanks mate, if is the last resort then I will send you my titlescreen and give credit to you and stuff, but I wanna learn how to do this thing and not screw up. I wanna do something by myself without others doing it for me. You get what I'm saying? :D
Anyways since I got the same problem as ~ Teh Panda ~ and few others, do you now how to fix my problem because I think you fixed his for him, so if you helped me it would work since I got the same problem as ~Teh Panda~.
Cheers ;)

Black Charizard.
September 4th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Thanks mate, if is the last resort then I will send you my titlescreen and give credit to you and stuff, but I wanna learn how to do this thing and not screw up. I wanna do something by myself without others doing it for me. You get what I'm saying? :D
Anyways since I got the same problem as ~ Teh Panda ~ and few others, do you now how to fix my problem because I think you fixed his for him, so if you helped me it would work since I got the same problem as ~Teh Panda~.
Cheers ;)

His tilemap wasn't correctly made and the image insertation wasn't good so read those steps again.

stinger123
September 4th, 2010, 09:22 AM
His tilemap wasn't correctly made and the image insertion wasn't good so read those steps again.

Yeah thanks :)
But when I make the tilemap in NTME, (once I've inserted it theres still extra space to the right on FR/LG TS :O) is that supposed to happen? Also when I insert the bitmap into unlz advance thing the logo (firered image offset) has different colors to your instead of dark colors I get lighter colours. Same as ดูดดื่ม's second try when he tried to import the bitmap on unlz advance. ดูดดื่ม's picture http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1463/ex06.png Same colors as him (different to your screen shot) when I tried to import the bitmap into unlz advance
OK when you import the raw and put you FSF image offset are you only supposed to tick export palette?

I can post many screen shots if you need to see my problem in more detail :D

Many Many thanks ;)

Black Charizard.
September 4th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah thanks :)
But when I make the tilemap in NTME, (once I've inserted it theres still extra space to the right on FR/LG TS :O) is that supposed to happen? Also when I insert the bitmap into unlz advance thing the logo (firered image offset) has different colors to your instead of dark colors I get lighter colours. Same as ดูดดื่ม's second try when he tried to import the bitmap on unlz advance. ดูดดื่ม's picture http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1463/ex06.png Same colors as him (different to your screenshot) when I tried to import the bitmap into unlz advance
Many thanks ;)

Yes it's supposed to be like that and don't forget to click write rom after it!

stinger123
September 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Yes it's supposed to be like that and don't forget to click write rom after it!

Crap that was a fast reply oO!
Ok thanks, but when I go on unlz gba my logo (for firered ) is 1991 and once I've imported the bitmap and clicked write to rom and stuff, I go back and I go to 1992 its black and got random stuff instead of purple!
Is it because I put some patches before I did this? Shall I try on a clean rom then apply the patches?

Thanks for helping me :D

Black Charizard.
September 4th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Crap that was a fast reply oO!
Ok thanks, but when I go on unlz gba my logo (for firered ) is 1991 and once I've imported the bitmap and clicked write to rom and stuff, I go back and I go to 1992 its black and got random stuff instead of purple!
Is it because I put some patches before I did this? Shall I try on a clean rom then apply the patches?

Thanks for helping me :D

Try a clean rom always before doing it on the actual rom also some images will turn out to be unaviable for the future like those raws but you can always use nlz for them as long as you write down the offset.

stinger123
September 4th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Try a clean rom always before doing it on the actual rom also some images will turn out to be unaviable for the future like those raws but you can always use nlz for them as long as you write down the offset.

YEAHH!!!! It finally worked :D :D :D :)
Now to remove the flames
Thanks everyone: Black Charizard and ดูดดื่ม

EDIT: Once I removed the charizard and the flames and stuff I got this weird purple thing next to 'press start' while everything else was perfect :O

*Sorry about the white background :O*
Link:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2h493c6.jpg]

Black Charizard.
September 4th, 2010, 11:23 PM
YEAHH!!!! It finally worked :D :D :D :)
Now to remove the flames
Thanks everyone: Black Charizard and ดูดดื่ม

EDIT: Once I removed the charizard and the flames and stuff I got this weird purple thing next to 'press start' while everything else was perfect :O

*Sorry about the white background :O*
Link:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2h493c6.jpg]

Be sure to clean the charizard and gamefreak raws.

stinger123
September 5th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Be sure to clean the charizard and gamefreak raws.

OK this is once I've inserted my title screen and stuff but BEFORE I replace the Charizard Raws and Gamefreak crap as well it comes up with this at the bottom next to press start:
Link
http://i51.tinypic.com/x2q8g5.jpg
But after I replace the raw and stuff and gamefreak crap there all gone( the Charizard and blinking thing ) except for that purple thing I showed you before now appears instead of the brown red pixelated thing :O

http://i54.tinypic.com/2h493c6.jpg

Thanks for replying :)

ดูดดื่ม
September 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
U receive the assistance from Black Charizard like this you must do it can come out to succeed certainly.

PS: Can is this its sentence uses?
Google translate not straight. These my sentence uses a program helps. :D
I want to use the language strongly. I can read but write not good sentence.

Black Charizard.
September 9th, 2010, 08:25 AM
XP Paint super super fun zone. Here to all who needs it. Xp paint. This will solve your problem.

Awesome this one works ;p
So now the indexing can be done without windows xp ;p

stinger123
September 10th, 2010, 07:29 AM
You can tell me to get lost because I am an idiot :( :O
But if your willing to help...
I know you must find me annoying but I done this like 3 times know and I still get an error
:( Do you know how to fix it possibly.

OK this is once I've inserted my title screen and stuff but BEFORE I replace the Charizard Raws and Gamefreak crap as well it comes up with this at the bottom next to press start:
Link
http://i51.tinypic.com/x2q8g5.jpg
But after I replace the raw and stuff and gamefreak crap there all gone( the Charizard and blinking thing ) except for that purple thing I showed you before now appears instead of the brown red pixelated thing :O

http://i54.tinypic.com/2h493c6.jpg

Thanks for replying :)

ดูดดื่ม
September 11th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Friend, I believe in that you must do it sure. FIGHTING!

To Black Charizard

In Ruby & Emerald
Is it will possible ? if change come to use tilemap of last ground replaces the surface of the word that "pokemon" already replace the surface of the word that "pokemon" with transparent.png at you give to.
(I mean tilemap of Groudon in ruby & Rayquaza in emerald.)

Black Charizard.
September 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM
You can tell me to get lost because I am an idiot :( :O
But if your willing to help...
I know you must find me annoying but I done this like 3 times know and I still get an error
:( Do you know how to fix it possibly.

You do know that I was offering to help you for more as 2 times already but you don't want it you want to do it your own.
Only if the tutorial is followed correctly with good reading it can be done good.

To Black Charizard

In Ruby & Emerald
Is it will possible ? if change come to use tilemap of last ground replaces the surface of the word that "pokemon" already replace the surface of the word that "pokemon" with transparent.png at you give to.
(I mean tilemap of Groudon in ruby & Rayquaza in emerald.)

It will be possible when me or someone else found the ruby/emerald raw offset for the titlescreen.

stinger123
September 11th, 2010, 01:56 PM

Ahh Lol, its sure good to have you as a friend :D ;)
Alright I will keep trying ...

ดูดดื่ม
September 11th, 2010, 10:57 PM
It will be possible when me or someone else found the ruby/emerald raw offset for the titlescreen.

ok, I will test it in emerald if it will effective I come to tell once more. :)

Edit: I have tested it but look as if its color upwards 16bit only. :( I uses tilemap of Rayquaza in emerald in replacing "pokemon".

Edit 2: this my picture does it with tilemap of "pokemon" but I try to fine both of enhance and decrease its size then still no come out equal to while before add raw new down go to but a color doesn't be attractive for to get into trouble.
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2750/testinemerald.png
first my picture no add tilemap second my picture adds tilemap into a picture finally is a picture that me uses.

Edit 3: Look as if the size of tilemap different bilateral. Can is you have the way corrects it ?
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/118/pokemonraw.png << pokemonlogo_raw rayquaza_raw >>http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/345/rayquazaraw.png

Friend,
I want to help you gives can do it succeeds but I explain it comes out not good make you confused but I will repeat once more that a problem that me is are the size of tilemap(raw) step other my part follows the step that at Black Charizarad explain all want you are careful it every the step don't forget before and after insert tilemap it will must is equal.

Potatoman1287
September 13th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm still confused on the last step with replacing transparent tiles.

htt p://i1 96. photo bucket. com/albums/ aa58/darkpidgeot/t estback-1 .png
(I can't post links yet apparently =/ )
Here is the title I want. (Ignore the gray since I screenshot it in photoshop.)

I don't really know where to load the raw that you provided. (When I loaded them into the number in the name/one after the number, it seemed to change but there are still messed up tiles.)

I then tried to make my own raw files but I don't get the NTME part. Any help?

stinger123
September 15th, 2010, 07:32 AM
ok, I will test it in emerald if it will effective I come to tell once more. :)

Edit: I have tested it but look as if its color upwards 16bit only. :( I uses tilemap of Rayquaza in emerald in replacing "pokemon".

Edit 2: this my picture does it with tilemap of "pokemon" but I try to fine both of enhance and decrease its size then still no come out equal to while before add raw new down go to but a color doesn't be attractive for to get into trouble.
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2750/testinemerald.png
first my picture no add tilemap second my picture adds tilemap into a picture finally is a picture that me uses.

Edit 3: Look as if the size of tilemap different bilateral. Can is you have the way corrects it ?
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/118/pokemonraw.png << pokemonlogo_raw rayquaza_raw >>http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/345/rayquazaraw.png

Friend,
I want to help you gives can do it succeeds but I explain it comes out not good make you confused but I will repeat once more that a problem that me is are the size of tilemap(raw) step other my part follows the step that at Black Charizarad explain all want you are careful it every the step don't forget before and after insert tilemap it will must is equal.

What? I understand a bit though. Lol it must be a translator :( What translator are you using?
also what must be equal before inserting the tilemap?
If I still dont get it can you post screenshots or something ?
Thanks friend :)

I'm still confused on the last step with replacing transparent tiles.

htt p://i1 96. photo bucket. com/albums/ aa58/darkpidgeot/t estback-1 .png
(I can't post links yet apparently =/ )
Here is the title I want. (Ignore the gray since I screenshot it in photoshop.)

I don't really know where to load the raw that you provided. (When I loaded them into the number in the name/one after the number, it seemed to change but there are still messed up tiles.)

I then tried to make my own raw files but I don't get the NTME part. Any help?

yeah it WILL change but just replace them in 16 colour bit.
The NTME has to be set to 32 x 32 and in the Tile Selection bit press the + for width and height until the red rectangle covers the whole picture (there should be no red rectangle after you covered it fully) and put it on the lower screen and you should see it there. Make sure the titlescreen is 240x160

Just asking what is the red thing machine on your titlescreen? Just wondering :O

Potatoman1287
September 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Maybe I should be a bit more specific on my question.

To remove the blinking you have to go to unzl.gba and open your rom.
Then go to offset 140 in 16 colors look around there for the flames if you find them hit 1 time the previous button so that you will see this image:

Save that image and then open it in paint. Turn the whole image to the transparent color so in this case the blue.

I found the image, no problem. Turned it to transparent color. Indexed, no problem.

Next go to the charizard image around 2010, save the image and then make
it 1px in both height and width with only the transparent color.
Did this too, no problem.
Next go to the image after charizard and click raw dump.

Did that.

Open it in NTME
with the titlescreen tileset, make the whole image the transparent
tile.

This is where I start getting confused. I open my picture as the tileset in NTME then loaded the RAW file I just dumped. What is the making the entire image the transparent tile? Or am I supposed to load the transparent tile as the tileset and then load the RAW I dumped?

And to answer your question, the red thing is a space marine sprite I found.

Edit: Oh yeah, and NTME doesn't let me pick 32x32. I'm only given the option for 32x20 at best, the FR/LG TS size. And my image is 240x160

ดูดดื่ม
September 15th, 2010, 09:18 PM
What? I understand a bit though. Lol it must be a translator :( What translator are you using?
also what must be equal before inserting the tilemap?
If I still dont get it can you post screenshots or something ?
Thanks friend :)

I test it in emerald. First problem is if I use tilemap of Rayquaza its color will see 16 just a color but at its picture has no a problem second problem is if I come back to use tilemap of "pokemon" its color has no a problem but can not fine its size just enoughly third me bring raw of rayquaza with "pokemon" come to compare with it sees different.
It's ok?(sentence)http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

shinyabsol1
September 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM
i'm having trouble... on the step when you are supposed to click on "import a bitmap" in NLZ-GBA Advance, i dont get the screen that is supposed to pop up. what am i doing wrong?

stinger123
September 19th, 2010, 04:46 AM
i'm having trouble... on the step when you are supposed to click on "import a bitmap" in NLZ-GBA Advance, i dont get the screen that is supposed to pop up. what am i doing wrong?

When you click import bitmap a open box should pop up and you have to open up your INDEXED titlescreen to import.
Then you CLICK write to rom and that 'pop up' you were looking for should come up and then continue following the instructions.
Ask me if you have any more problem :)

By the way I am post - poneing rom hacking since I found out if you dont have the original rom you cant download it since it is illegal and I cant trade my ruby rom for firered so I will wait till I get it :(
See Ya people :(
By friend ดูดดื่ม :(
Nice to know you lot :)

Sora's Nobody
September 19th, 2010, 02:49 PM
When you click import bitmap a open box should pop up and you have to open up your INDEXED titlescreen to import.
Then you CLICK write to rom and that 'pop up' you were looking for should come up and then continue following the instructions.
Ask me if you have any more problem :)

By the way I am post - poneing rom hacking since I found out if you dont have the original rom you cant download it since it is illegal and I cant trade my ruby rom for firered so I will wait till I get it :(
See Ya people :(
By friend ดูดดื่ม :(
Nice to know you lot :)Well, thats ironic! You used 3 pages on the thread and atleast 20 posts because you were desperaty strugling, and know your offering to HELP?

stinger123
September 20th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Well, thats ironic! You used 3 pages on the thread and atleast 20 posts because you were desperaty strugling, and know your offering to HELP?

20 posts?
Um, listen here, the part he was struggling on is clearly showed in the pictures for the tutorial and I've gone through the process he was struggling on and so did my friend. So I know I've done that bit right.
I only give help to the bits It shows clearly and the bits I know I've done right.

Jm20
September 20th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Hey, thanks for this tut. It's clear and nice. However, I can not find the Pokemon logo on nr.'s 2009/2010 or around those numbers. At 2009 there is this pink block. Before and after this number there are credit lines, and other intro things. But no pokemon logo... So where is it, do you know? It does appear when I play the Rom.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7091/pinkblock.png

stinger123
September 21st, 2010, 07:24 AM
Hey, thanks for this tut. It's clear and nice. However, I can not find the Pokemon logo on nr.'s 2009/2010 or around those numbers. At 2009 there is this pink block. Before and after this number there are credit lines, and other intro things. But no pokemon logo... So where is it, do you know? It does appear when I play the Rom.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7091/pinkblock.png

Hey, it might not be around 2009/2010 because mine was 1991 !!
So check around those numbers because it might be different to you also when looking for the Pokemon Logo it should be in 256 colours :)
Good luck!

shinyabsol1
September 21st, 2010, 04:54 PM
Ask me if you have any more problem

thanks for answering my question Stinger123! after three days of checking for a response i didnt think that anyone was going to help me...

anyway, i do have another question about this tut.

on the third step, there are a bunch of palette offsets listed with index numbers...what exactly am i supposed to be replacing at this part? my palette over the listed ones or whatever comes up in ape when i enter offset and change the index?

stinger123
September 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
thanks for answering my question Stinger123! after three days of checking for a response i didnt think that anyone was going to help me...

anyway, i do have another question about this tut.

on the third step, there are a bunch of palette offsets listed with index numbers...what exactly am i supposed to be replacing at this part? my palette over the listed ones or whatever comes up in ape when i enter offset and change the index?

Ok on the tut he has a quote an it comes out with all the pallets and offsets Right?
open APE
http://a.imageshack.us/img256/3130/apepalleteimport.png
(Black Charizard's image)

Open your rom and copy the first offset and place it in the box with two arrows either side, next to 'offeset (HEX)' and near replace.
Go to edit - Changed pallet or adjusted pallet then import. Open your pallet which you imported in ifran view from your titlescreen.

On the screenshot can you see right at the bottom where it has '2' and two arrows either side of it? (Note: IT SHOULD be 1 on your screen) It is the number of pallets you have to replace.
Ok so hit replace, it wont show any message or anything but it will replace.
Then copy the next offset and put it in the top box and go to it.
Then goto the bottom box like last time and goto number two and hit replace.
Then goto the bottom box like last time and goto number three and hit replace.
Then keep doing that.

Tell me if you have any problems and good luck!
:)

shinyabsol1
September 23rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
Open your rom and copy the first offset and place it in the box with two arrows either side, next to 'offeset (HEX)' and near replace.
Go to edit - Changed pallet or adjusted pallet then import. Open your pallet which you imported in ifran view from your titlescreen.

On the screenshot can you see right at the bottom where it has '2' and two arrows either side of it? (Note: IT SHOULD be 1 on your screen) It is the number of pallets you have to replace.
Ok so hit replace, it wont show any message or anything but it will replace.
Then goto the bottom box like last time and goto number two and hit replace.
Then goto the bottom box like last time and goto number three and hit replace.
Then keep doing that.

Tell me if you have any problems and good luck!

thank you for your help once again, Stinger123!

you fixed both of my other problems. but now i have another:

when i write the titlescreen raw into the rom from Unlz, it appears all messed up in-game! And, when i reloaded the raw back into ntme to check it, it looked the same as the messed up in-game screen. what did i mess up on here? or is there something wrong with irfanview? the raw is an irfanview raw file and when i try to open it there i get an error message that says:

"decode error: Can't load plugin: FORMAT.DLL"

Jm20
September 24th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Hey, it might not be around 2009/2010 because mine was 1991 !!
So check around those numbers because it might be different to you also when looking for the Pokemon Logo it should be in 256 colours :)
Good luck!

Yeah the problem was that 256 mode was off.

Now, I have tried to do everything right. However, when I play the ROM, following to the Gengar/Nidorino animation the screen goes black and the game freezes. Also, when I press "start" or "A" instead of watching the animation, music continues to play but the screen goes black. The game doesn't react on buttons being pressed. This seems to be a whole different kind of problem than the other ones in this thread.

I will try again from the beginning, but I'm quite clueless to what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Well, I tried again with a backup. The same thing happened. I think it has something to do with the right offsets and stuff. I might have overwritten some scripts that keep the intro running..? I will try once again on a completely clean ROM. I assume it will work then, but that's not what I want. We will see. If someone can help me: please!

stinger123
September 24th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Yeah the problem was that 256 mode was off.

Now, I have tried to do everything right. However, when I play the ROM, following to the Gengar/Nidorino animation the screen goes black and the game freezes. Also, when I press "start" or "A" instead of watching the animation, music continues to play but the screen goes black. The game doesn't react on buttons being pressed. This seems to be a whole different kind of problem than the other ones in this thread.

I will try again from the beginning, but I'm quite clueless to what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Glad I could solve your other two problems :)
But...
Im stuck on that because I didn't encounter that problem. :(
You''l have to ask Black Charizard.
Redo it again and carefully follow each step slowly and correctly.
Good luck and I hope you solve your problem :)

Jm20
September 24th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Okay, I have tried it on a clean ROM, and it worked. There are only these cosmetic things. After the flashing (white bar moving up) for a second this screen comes up:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8308/vba.png
[Note: this is not exactly the same as was asked before. I already fixed the RAW file for Charizard.]
Which image should I change in UnlzGba to erase these pixel dots?
Thanks in advance.

stinger123
September 25th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Okay, I have tried it on a clean ROM, and it worked. There are only these cosmetic things. After the flashing (white bar moving up) for a second this screen comes up:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8308/vba.png
[Note: this is not exactly the same as was asked before. I already fixed the RAW file for Charizard.]
Which image should I change in UnlzGba to erase these pixel dots?
Thanks in advance.

Errm there is no thing to erase the pixel dots, its only for the flame's and chaziard and gamefreak thing.
I think in your case its a bug or error which you'll have to ask Black Charizard.
Sorry mate that I cant help you :(

aSeRo141414
September 25th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I got a problem like this.. :

And I follow it... but I try this 5 times,, It's always looks like that... what should I do? did I do wrong in tilesets?

stinger123
September 26th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I got a problem like this.. :

And I follow it... but I try this 5 times,, It's always looks like that... what should I do? did I do wrong in tilesets?

I got the exact same problem and I fixed it, refer to all of my old posts ;)

aSeRo141414
September 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I got the exact same problem and I fixed it, refer to all of my old posts ;)

It's fix now for me.. :)
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4039/titlescreens.png

stinger123
September 30th, 2010, 07:39 AM
It's fix now for me.. :)
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4039/titlescreens.png

So my old posts helped you :)

aSeRo141414
September 30th, 2010, 02:45 PM
So my old posts helped you :)

I think so, I just click automatically fix pointers when in the raw... :)

shinyabsol1
September 30th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I still haven't been able to get this tut to work. I'm starting to think that I did something wrong on the indexing step. Can someone clarify for me exactly what I am supposed to do in the "decrease color depth box"? Also, does it matter what bright color I edit the first color in the palette to? And what if that first color is NOT black like in the tut?

Thanks in advance.

aSeRo141414
October 1st, 2010, 02:27 AM
In irfanview click Image>Decrease Color Depth>then that's it..

shinyabsol1
October 1st, 2010, 06:21 PM
In irfanview click Image>Decrease Color Depth>then that's it..

I assume that this post was ment to answer my question...but...

..it didnt help me at all. your answer is less helpful than the actual tut.

Can someone please answer my question more clearly?

stinger123
October 4th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I still haven't been able to get this tut to work. I'm starting to think that I did something wrong on the indexing step. Can someone clarify for me exactly what I am supposed to do in the "decrease color depth box"? Also, does it matter what bright color I edit the first color in the palette to? And what if that first color is NOT black like in the tut?

Thanks in advance.

Keep to the tutorial mate ;)
Ok on Ifranview goto image - decrease color depth- choose custom and put 239 in it and ok.
Goto image and palette(i think) then edit palette change the first color to a bright color, (he didn't say the first color was black! He said change the first color) like he said in the tutorial.
Then save under different name.
Copy and paste your UN INDEXED title screen and paste it on your indexed image and save it. (by the way Windows 7 paint doesn't support indexed files)
There you go, you have indexed your title screen :D
Hope it works :D

aSeRo141414
October 4th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Step 2 - Indexing the titlescreen image

Now we have to index the image you can do this by opening the image in irfanview.
Then go to the menu in irfanview.
Go to image -> decrease color depth
Then uncheck floyd dithering and set colors to 239.

Next while your still in irfanview go to image -> palette -> the edit palette.
edit the first color to a bright color by double clicking it.

http://a.imageshack.us/img694/2982/ifranvieweditpal.png

Then go to image -> palette -> the export palette.
And save the palette.
Then save your image with a different name then your unindexed image. Next open the unindexed image and the indexed image in paint. Copy and paste the unindexed image on to the indexed image and hit save.

Follow that, it's in the tutorial.. :/

shinyabsol1
October 4th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Keep to the tutorial mate
Ok on Ifranview goto image - decrease color depth- choose custom and put 239 in it and ok.
Goto image and palette(i think) then edit palette change the first color to a bright color, (he didn't say the first color was black! He said change the first color) like he said in the tutorial.
Then save under different name.
Copy and paste your UN INDEXED title screen and paste it on your indexed image and save it. (by the way Windows 7 paint doesn't support indexed files)
There you go, you have indexed your title screen
Hope it works

Thanks for the clarification. Turns out I was doing the indexing wrong. I didn't switch the setting to "custom" when I put in 239. I will try this tut again soon, hopefully with success this time!

stinger123
October 7th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Turns out I was doing the indexing wrong. I didn't switch the setting to "custom" when I put in 239. I will try this tut again soon, hopefully with success this time!

Your welcome ;)
Hopefully it will work for you now ;)

aSeRo141414
October 18th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Hello, I followed step 7 but there's a weird blocks always.. :(

pkmntrainerpaul
October 23rd, 2010, 03:53 AM
I'm having this problem:
This:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9020/prototypen.png
became this:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7573/erroruc.png

I followed all steps correctly (I think xD)

Jm20
October 27th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Okay, I tried it again, and I'm almost sure I've done everything correctly. However, I get this 'flashing screen' just before the intro screen:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2456/flashingscreen.png
I think it is the raw2011.raw, because in unLZ.gba it looks like this:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/328/unlzgba.png
Does anyone else have this problem too, or is everything crisp clear with you guys (and girls ;) )?

Eario
October 30th, 2010, 12:52 PM
OKAY!
I'm having problems with "Step 4". When I have my rom in Unlz Advance thing, i put in thhe offset "00EAB8C4", i click import bitmap, select the titlescreen, but it sais "Bitmaps width needs to be mutliple of tiles width"...

Can you help me please, you might have already answered this, but I'm to lazy to search through 5 pages..

Can you possibly do this for me? And send me a Patcher or APS or UPS of whatever?

Black Charizard.
October 31st, 2010, 12:38 PM
OKAY!
I'm having problems with "Step 4". When I have my rom in Unlz Advance thing, i put in thhe offset "00EAB8C4", i click import bitmap, select the titlescreen, but it sais "Bitmaps width needs to be mutliple of tiles width"...

Can you help me please, you might have already answered this, but I'm to lazy to search through 5 pages..

Can you possibly do this for me? And send me a Patcher or APS or UPS of whatever?

It needs to be dividable by 8.

meaning the width and height need to be dividable by 8.
Everyone else with their issue read all steps over till you do it good.
As the steps described are perfectly the required steps.

aSeRo141414
October 31st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Okay, I tried it again, and I'm almost sure I've done everything correctly. However, I get this 'flashing screen' just before the intro screen:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2456/flashingscreen.png
I think it is the raw2011.raw, because in unLZ.gba it looks like this:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/328/unlzgba.png
Does anyone else have this problem too, or is everything crisp clear with you guys (and girls ;) )?

Try not load the raw in that, use the 1x1 in that thing, import the transparent in the tutorial files

Ooka
November 1st, 2010, 05:39 AM
Well, in trying to get this to work in Emerald, I found a couple things out.

The one before frontier pass f's it up (Around 2613)

Also a relevant one at 2615 or around it (I believe it's relevant, does the same thing as the last to the title screen)

Don't know if that'll help any, just trying to get this figured out so I can implement it.

Jm20
November 1st, 2010, 06:14 AM
Try not load the raw in that, use the 1x1 in that thing, import the transparent in the tutorial files

Well, that partly fixed it. The grey stripes are gone, but some other pixels appeared. :( They are less disturbing, but I would still like to get rid of them. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8308/vba.png

EDIT: so I found a way to get rid of the pixels, that is by replacing one of the images (don't ask me which, either Charizard, or one of the two 'blurry' images) with a copie, but then blanked out with the transparent color (lila). And I also replaced the image after the blinking image (140), which are the flames, with a complete blue image of the same size. So the dots and pixels were gone for a great part, but some other blurry tiles appeared right there where the flames should be. I can post an image if someone wants to....

c3drick11
November 2nd, 2010, 05:22 AM
well..im stuck in step two... i edited my title screen in infraview... i export it in .pal format.. then i edited in the paint like what step two tells me... then i opened ape.. i loaded the offset but i dont have the adjusted pallete.. only edit>>change pallete>>import.. and i tried to import the pallet wich i save in .pal format.. it gets an error... where did i go wrong??? (singing) . .

and by the way.. i done all the things correctly... the costum 239... 16 colors... edit pallete and swap the color... what do i do now? by the way.. when i export the file from infarview... it saves.. then wen i try to open it.. it cannot be opend again by infarview.. i recieve a error msg i think.. maybe this is related why i cant open the palette with .pal format in ape

inuside21
November 5th, 2010, 03:04 PM
sorry but im noob and i want to ask something sir,
in unlz advance, what should i must import after loading the 00EAB8C4? thanks :D

aSeRo141414
November 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Well, that partly fixed it. The grey stripes are gone, but some other pixel appeared. :( They are less disturbing, but I would still like to get rid of them. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8308/vba.png

EDIT: so I found a way to get rid of the pixel, that is by replacing one of the images (don't ask me which, either Charizard, or one of the two 'blurry' images) with a copie, but then blanked out with the transparent color (lila). And I also replaced the image after the blinking image (140), which are the flames, with a complete blue image of the same size. So the dots and pixels were gone for a great part, but some other blurry tiles appeared right there where the flames should be. I can post an image if someone wants to....

Insert 1x1 in the other raw

I made already
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO6J571nttU
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ6ZYHUsyZg

shinyabsol1
November 20th, 2010, 08:38 PM
The last time I posted here was a couple of months ago...and today I finally got this tutorial to work. I gave up for a while but came back to it today and got it right. aSeRo141414, your videos were helpful in my success. Everyone who tried to help me, thank you. :D

phoenix897
November 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I would say do what the instructions say and import the raw2011.raw file, after downloading it.

Dark_Trainer96
December 4th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Can you use this to create your own world maps? I already have my map in full colour and at a size of 240x160.

fluid
December 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Yay, finally there are so many possibilities with more colours. thanks =)

NarutoActor
December 18th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Nice tutorial but alas the one thing I was really hoping to see was away to edit the 16th indexed slot. I have spent hours in the DMI and trying to use asm to edit that slot. I was able to edit the last 4 pallets for that slot, but for some reason the game overrides the rest; This drives me crazy. :'c

Washibon
January 7th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I'm sorry, but your tutorial seems a bit rushed. Some parts you barely explained, and that makes it really hard to follow.
My final result was completely messed up, due to the fact that half the time I was just so confused about what you were trying to say.

Like, for example;
"Then go on like that and hit replace until you had all 16 indexes."
Go on like what? I don't understand. In the first one you were supposed to just import the palette, and in the second you were supposed to click the arrow.
So should I click the arrow for all the others? Or..?
And this too;
"Then go to offset 00EAB8C4 click it on 256 colors then click import bitmap.
Then this popup should appear:"
You skipped the whole import bitmap step, what are we supposed to import?

Sorry if I'm sounding slightly rude.. I trust that you put effort into this. But please explain a bit further, some people are completely new to this.

Shiny Quagsire
January 7th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I'm sorry, but your tutorial seems a bit rushed. Some parts you barely explained, and that makes it really hard to follow.
My final result was completely messed up, due to the fact that half the time I was just so confused about what you were trying to say.

Like, for example;
"Then go on like that and hit replace until you had all 16 indexes."
Go on like what? I don't understand. In the first one you were supposed to just import the palette, and in the second you were supposed to click the arrow.
So should I click the arrow for all the others? Or..?
And this too;
"Then go to offset 00EAB8C4 click it on 256 colors then click import bitmap.
Then this popup should appear:"
You skipped the whole import bitmap step, what are we supposed to import?

Sorry if I'm sounding slightly rude.. I trust that you put effort into this. But please explain a bit further, some people are completely new to this.

I think he kind of rushed that too. So for each index, find the offset in the box below that post, and replace each index spot with the right index in your custom pallet.

Washibon
January 8th, 2011, 02:27 AM
I think he kind of rushed that too. So for each index, find the offset in the box below that post, and replace each index spot with the right index in your custom pallet.
So I keep pressing the arrow until I've replaced all the possible palettes in the index?

shinyabsol1
January 9th, 2011, 06:05 PM
So I keep pressing the arrow until I've replaced all the possible palettes in the index?

I did this tut a while ago, and it says all 16 indexes, but there are only 15 offsets. So you only need to replace at 15 indexes. But to clarify what shiny quagsire said, basically you need to replace all of the palettes each at a different index. So for the first palette, put in the offset and replace at index 1. For the next offset, do the same except click the arrow to make it at index 2. And so on until you have replaced all of the palettes.

Washibon
January 10th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I did this tut a while ago, and it says all 16 indexes, but there are only 15 offsets. So you only need to replace at 15 indexes. But to clarify what shiny quagsire said, basically you need to replace all of the palettes each at a different index. So for the first palette, put in the offset and replace at index 1. For the next offset, do the same except click the arrow to make it at index 2. And so on until you have replaced all of the palettes.
I understood that. What do I do in Index 3? Do I click the arrow 3 times? I'm sorry, I'm just so confused.

shinyabsol1
January 10th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I understood that. What do I do in Index 3? Do I click the arrow 3 times? I'm sorry, I'm just so confused.

This part also confused me when I was doing it. :) Ok, I'm going to try to explain this more clearly. From the beginning of this part.

When you begin, the tut tells you to load the first offset on the given list. After you have done this, follow the instructions to load your palette. Notice that the little box in the bottom right hand corner of APE labeled "index" has a one in it. Hit replace just as the tut tells you to do. You have now replaced the palette at index one. Got it? Now load the next offset on the given list. Now all you have to do is click the arrow on the right of the "index" box so that it displays a number two. Hit replace and the palette has been replaced at index two. Continue this pattern. Load the third offset and click the index arrow to make the index box display a number three and replace. And so on. Once you have done this for all 15 offsets you are done.

Django136
January 11th, 2011, 08:30 PM
When trying to import the titlescreen raw into my rom, I got the error that it was too big. Now, in the tutorial you had a normal number of bytes to look for (564). Mine read "4E4". I tried to type this into the needed bytes on FSF, but it wouldn't let me, considering "E" isn't a number. I tried typing in 4000 (A guess) but this causes my rom to crash when the titlescreen is supposed to appear (black screen with loud screeching noises).
Am I doing something wrong?

NintendoBoyDX
January 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM
You skipped the part where you convert the hex "4e4" to a decimal number using FSF's converter. Use this: http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal-converter.html
or FSF's converter to get the needed dec number, and search for that. Still I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, because you have more than enough free space if you searched for 4000 decimal bytes... Make sure you follow the tutorial carefully, you may have missed something important.

Django136
January 11th, 2011, 09:18 PM
You skipped the part where you convert the hex "4e4" to a decimal number using FSF's converter. Use this: (html here)
or FSF's converter to get the needed dec number, and search for that. Still I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, because you have more than enough free space if you searched for 4000 decimal bytes... Make sure you follow the tutorial carefully, you may have missed something important.I wasn't sure why it would cause the rom to crash either. Is it possible I already wrote something to byte 800000 (I think I might have) and that is what is causing it to crash?

shinyabsol1
January 12th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I wasn't sure why it would cause the rom to crash either. Is it possible I already wrote something to byte 800000 (I think I might have) and that is what is causing it to crash?

That shouldn't cause your ROM to crash....If you indeed already wrote something to byte 800000 then will just overwrite whatever you had there with the title screen.

Washibon
January 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Um, is this the image I'm supposed to be editing, I can't tell..

http://uploadir.com/u/405u6b

None of the images show the Pokemon Logo clearly like in the screenshot.

In the end it turned out like this...

http://uploadir.com/u/q58eo4

So I think I changed the wrong image in unLZ-GBA?

sky_queen3
January 20th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah, that's the Pokemon logo, click the 256 colours button to see it clearly.

Washibon
January 21st, 2011, 08:10 AM
Ok, tried it again.. Uh..
Any ideas why my title screen ends up looking like this in-game?

http://uploadir.com/u/8861ku

When in NLZ-GBA, I didn't get a message saying it was repointing anything. Nor did the original Pokemon image change, I'm not sure if it's supposed to show the change?
I still clicked "Write to ROM" and it said "Finished."

francisbb
February 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks for including the blinking part :) I was wondering how to fix that.

yugimon121
February 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
as with most posts on this thread, i have the same problem with the outocme
on pc:
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt225/yugimon121/introtryindexed.png?t=1296852807
on game:
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt225/yugimon121/lunar.png?t=1296852984

sky_queen3
February 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Mine's been glitching up like that too, any idea why?

yugimon121
February 4th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Mine's been glitching up like that too, any idea why?
idk what the problem is, but it seems were all making the same mistake :P
now what that mistake is however...

daigonite
February 4th, 2011, 04:41 PM
You guys look like your forgetting or at least incorrectly imported your tilemaps. You need to edit the tilemaps to actually show the image, you know... >_>

yugimon121
February 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM
You guys look like your forgetting or at least incorrectly imported your tilemaps. You need to edit the tilemaps to actually show the image, you know... >_>
what do you mean by edit?
i did all the steps on the tutorial :/

sky_queen3
February 4th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I do step for step what this tutorial says and mine still f's up.

yugimon121
February 5th, 2011, 01:52 AM
wait, i think i know what the problem is
On nlz-gba when importing the bitmap, i find an offset on free space fnder and paste it in. when i click ok, it says
amount of pointers found: 0
how do i fix that?

timaeus222
February 6th, 2011, 01:20 AM
When I tried to load my rom into NLZ-GBA-Advance, it gave me an error...

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Nintenlord.NLZ_GBA_Advance.Program.UpdateGraphics()
at Nintenlord.NLZ_GBA_Advance.Form1.textBox1_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
at Nintenlord.NLZ_GBA_Advance.Form1.set_imageIndex(Int32 value)
at Nintenlord.NLZ_GBA_Advance.Program.LoadROM(String path)
at Nintenlord.NLZ_GBA_Advance.Form1.loadROMToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
NLZ-GBA Advance
Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 5.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ts/Desktop/Emulator/Hacking%20Stuff/Pokemon%20Hacking/NLZ-GBA%20Advance/NLZ-GBA%20Advance.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.Just so you guys know; this doesn't always work out. But if this happens, try using GBA Graphics Editor. I did that and it worked perfectly fine.

And everyone else: GAWD. Read the whole entire guide. If you get that result, you didn't replace the tile maps. Your tiles weren't aligned yet.

daigonite
February 6th, 2011, 06:19 PM
what do you mean by edit?
i did all the steps on the tutorial :/
Tilemaps are how the tiles are arranged. The tilemaps are in the same order as the original screen, which is why your screen looks wonky. You need to edit the tilemap in order for it to look properly.

yugimon121
February 8th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Tilemaps are how the tiles are arranged. The tilemaps are in the same order as the original screen, which is why your screen looks wonky. You need to edit the tilemap in order for it to look properly.
...and how would you do that?
sorry, im sort of a noob :P

shinyabsol1
February 8th, 2011, 08:26 PM
...and how would you do that?
sorry, im sort of a noob

Its in the tut... (Step 5 - Making the raw)

the "raw" is the tilemap. just follow the steps.

Black Charizard.
February 10th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Well I rushed this tutorial a bit but all the information that you need is included.
If you follow each step correctly you wont have any issues.
About NLZ-GBA it is for importing to big images where unzl.gba chrashes but yes you could use another tool for it to if you know how to use it.

yugimon121
February 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
hey i tried with a clean rom and it worked
though i do think it got something to do with pointers on nlz-gba as with the old rom it used to say "amount of pointers found: 0"
and after trying a few different offsets on the clean rom, it finally said
"amount of pointers found: 1 (offset-was-here)"
thank anyways, its a brilliant tut :)

SkyX
February 12th, 2011, 03:05 AM
well, its\ easy but my only problem is... when i import my palette in APE its said PALETTE not loaded or what then i tried to import it again it said error. pls help?

ares10
February 25th, 2011, 02:35 PM
hey for some reason i only get the top row of colors, i dont know what happened, could you tell me what to do?

SKRoy
March 12th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Thank you!
This was a good tutorial and it works!

Wiznatts
March 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Someone I know on a different forum is doing a hack of LeafGreen, and wanted to add his own title screen after he saw mine. Since the palette offsets are different, I was wondering if you could either tell me how to go about finding those offsets or if you could just post them here. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

~Anbuja
March 20th, 2011, 04:55 PM
hey i followed now every little step through a video and still don't get it
http://i54.tinypic.com/33ufz29.png
this is what turn at the end around why??

shinyabsol1
March 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
hey i followed now every little step through a video and still don't get it
this is what turn at the end around why??

It looks to me like you failed to replace one of the palettes from the list of offsets in the palette editing part of the tutorial. Go back to APE and check if one of them hasn't been replaced.

~Anbuja
March 24th, 2011, 12:03 AM
It looks to me like you failed to replace one of the palettes from the list of offsets in the palette editing part of the tutorial. Go back to APE and check if one of them hasn't been replaced.

yes i think too so i checked them again if i replaced everthing ans get it this time almost
http://i54.tinypic.com/rr8b9g.png
just the press start button looks messy.
thanks for the replie without it i wouldnt had never looked if i am replaced everyoffset that is written there:).

but this time i changed every pallet with offsets:(

NEVERMIND:D
this time i just changed the white colour of the press start button with the white of the title of the game in paint and loaded it again in ntm and nlz advance and this itme i t worked:)

Darksergio
April 16th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Cool tutorial, i'm gonna try it out for sure!!!!!!!!
Keep up posting nice tuts ;D

Wisy
June 23rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Damn! I got disappointed when I first entered the topic and I saw the tutorial was gone. Is it normal around here to delete all your work when you leave the forums?

colcolstyles
June 23rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
No sense in keeping this open anymore.

Closed

Black Charizard.
August 5th, 2013, 01:56 AM
The tutorial has been restored.

awipe1
August 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM
What font is used for "Waterfall Version"?

Black Charizard.
August 8th, 2013, 04:25 AM
What font is used for "Waterfall Version"?

I forgot sadly but I think it was 1 of the default fonts (check in photoshop with the text).

AntiRellik1
September 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
Nice to see this thread was reopened. Any advances in doing this with Emerald?

Fristi61
October 30th, 2013, 09:54 AM
I may be out of line here, but if I may make a small suggestion:

I tried this a few times, the result being similar to that of some others who have posted in this thread, with the image being jumbled up in the top left corner.
After a while, I figured out that on the last bit of step 6, when pressing write to ROM, I needed to check the "automatically fix pointers" box.
This checkbox was not ticked by default and, since it wasn't explicitly mentioned that I had to check it in the tutorial, I at first assumed it not to be necessary.

Maybe the above is completely wrong, and if so, feel free to put me in my rightful place :P

If I am right though, I think adding a little note at the end of part 6 saying "remember to check the fix pointers box" or something to that effect could prevent people from having this problem in the future.

Shadow Wolf
December 8th, 2013, 12:05 PM
The one that i put in
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2vjy3ax.jpg

How it came out in game
http://oi41.tinypic.com/711wqq.jpg

Why is this happening?????

Flower
March 17th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Thanks! I got confused at first but it really helped! :) I got mine done.

BlackStorm20x
July 28th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Can this work with Ruby? When I open it in NLZ, it stops responding. Or do I need the Ruby palette numbers? Because I want my title screen to look like my avatar picture, just without work in progress.

MMASniper
July 31st, 2014, 10:35 PM
Why does my titlescreen show those messed up blocks?

They're along the bottom where the press start should be and it makes a sideways L with the blocks. It is as if they're the transparent ones but the color I chose is completely different. I can't post a link because I have posted 15 times yet lol so if anyone is willing to help direct message me and I can link up the image!

Flower
August 1st, 2014, 11:07 PM
Why does my titlescreen show those messed up blocks?

They're along the bottom where the press start should be and it makes a sideways L with the blocks. It is as if they're the transparent ones but the color I chose is completely different. I can't post a link because I have posted 15 times yet lol so if anyone is willing to help direct message me and I can link up the image!

The answer is you made a mistake. Do it all over again. That's how mine got done right lol

MMASniper
August 1st, 2014, 11:12 PM
I did redo it like 3-5 different times lol, I even did it like it said to load the raw in 16bit verses 256. Didn't matter which one I did it in, it comes out like the picture I attached. Now that couldn't be a transparency problem could it?

MMASniper
August 5th, 2014, 08:56 AM
The answer is you made a mistake. Do it all over again. That's how mine got done right lol

*sigh* So I took a couple days off to think about ideas. I created a background image (because when I index the first color it makes most of the black in my image transparent or indexed) and tried doing it that way. I follow everything like it says and BAM! Different image I created all together but same exact error blocks. Now, I am stopping at stage 6, stage 7 talks about the blinking blocks or transparency. Could those error blocks be the ones considered? But even then, the new image I created, difference indexed color, still has the same exact blocks I linked previously messed up...hmmm