View Full Version : Moving Battle Backgrounds

August 11th, 2010, 1:05 PM
Okay, so I'm a decent pixel artist (in my own biased opinion) but I'm a bit of a noob at computery stuff.

These two frames are rough (very rough) drafts for a beach battle animation. Eventually I'm going to do other backgrounds too.

I made them in Paint. How do I save them as an animation?

Stay tuned. I'll be posting my battle backgrounds here for everyone to use for their made-at-home games. When I'm done with the beach animation I'll be taking requests. If you want to be part of the project, send me a pm or post below. I'm mostly looking for people who can re-color for day/night, etc.

August 11th, 2010, 3:21 PM
You need an gif animator such as U-lead or microsoft gif animator.
So the picture you've drawn would end up like the animation below attached.
Although it is best to make more than 2 frames when it comes to waves xD, I'd say about 6 frames for a smooth animation.

August 11th, 2010, 5:35 PM
I was planning on more frames, for sure, I was just trying to see how those two looked before I did some transition frames and crashing waves.

Anyway, thanks

August 17th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Okay then; I've got more transitions, and the GIF is almost ready. About how many frames would be optimal, so as not to slow a game down? I'd like to be detailed and cool and stuff, but not if it would be at the cost of smooth gameplay. I don't really have an idea of the average computing power for various game programs though. Can someone give me an idea?

August 17th, 2010, 1:00 PM
As Carmaniac said, 6 would probably be good.

August 24th, 2010, 6:25 AM
I like the colors :D
But as many people said add more frames :)

August 25th, 2010, 9:28 PM
So do .gifs naturally work in RPG Maker or will there be scripting involved?

September 13th, 2010, 2:14 PM
I really don't know. I didn't think about that. >.<

Anyone know how these should be formatted?

Rai Rai
September 13th, 2010, 2:24 PM
.Gif files will work although it seems to work only in certain places for some weird reason(may be just me) for example the battle system.

September 16th, 2010, 8:18 AM
Is there a better way to save them, for better convenience?