PDA

View Full Version : "Keeping in Top Forme!" Review Thread

Blue_Drifblim
August 13th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Time for Marley to make her debut, along with the return of everybody's favorite blue green hedgehog!

Edit: Almost forgot! I might not be able to do the next 2 (or so) review threads, so if anybody wants to do them, go ahead. Thanks!

Tomackze
August 13th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Shaymin is such an interesting pokemon as his sky form looks so awesome, yet his land form looks so weak

Gumball Watterson
August 14th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Brock, you think you're so strong, do you?
Oh Deus Ex Happiny!
Scary
Is she acting like a blonde?
Woah, hot girl XD
Shut up Ash and Dawn, Brock needs a girl
XD
Woah lol
Aliiiieeeen!
What the hell is up with that girl. She seriosly reminds me of Becca
Why the hell you pull the Pokedex you just met that in a major movie stupid ******* girl!
Doc Brock~
I thought it was pronounced "Peach"a berry?
And like magic~
Well you pronounced that right
Wouldn't Team Rocket be able to be seen from there?
I don't care about you team rocket...
Hey, why do girls always seem to wear such unfitting objects for the outdoors?
It's a PC Administrator!
DON'T GIVE ME THOSE ******* EYES SHAYMIN!
Meowth looks badly drawn
Oy, Team Rocket gets stupider by the brain concussional blast offs
Back to reality, from team rocket
edit: Um no.
Oh yay, Gracidea
you are acting as if the movie never happened
You know what team rocket? **** you.
Even the Pokemon are more creative that team rocket's ****
No... that can't even be possible...
It's like they have money to throw away on all this random ****
Oh god, you can't actually....
Good Shaymin, hurry up.
Are the voices like.. the same? What about the ******* telepathy thing?
Haha, stupid Butterfree
Bye Bye, Butterfree!
And TEam Rocket Blasts off for the 600 something time
Back to land
Look, more Shaymin!
I'm seeing triple
Make sure you don't breed, Shaymin!
ZOMFG LOOK, BROCK AND BECCA ARE HOLDING HANDS.

Nice episode. In conclusion, this was a stupid and useless filler. Good Night

And I guess I kick in for the episodes you won't do, Dr. fly.

Vernikova
August 14th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Marley luv. Other than that the episode was quite alright. It's one of my favorites all time since Marley is my favorite of the special trainers in the games. And . . . that's it.

Masquerainisthajam
August 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
OK episode. It's interesting how Shaymin is in the story.

Marley seems to be a little depressing/emo-ish in the beginning, but she has a mean Arcanine.

Of course, Happiny always has to be the strong one to yank Brock and the boat ashore.

TR has a Caterpie robot that sheds straight into a Butterfree robot? Too bad, Metapod...And it had a powerful "Solarbeam" attack!

That was an amazing Air Slash that Shaymin used.

Arrgh! I'm tired of "Pikachu, you use Thunderbolt!" and "Piplup! Use Bubblebeam!"

7.5/10

carmelhadinosaur
August 14th, 2010, 08:58 AM
It's because, i'm an alien. Hahahaha

Guy
August 14th, 2010, 11:42 AM
So, it wasn't just me who thought this. Well, that's a relief. By the way, calm down on bypassing the censorship so much. Further offense can come with a warning or infraction next time. u_u

For a filler, this episode was pretty decent. I thought the plot of the episode could have been done differently - it didn't necessarily have to be centered around Shaymin trying to get to the flower garden (seems like a mini-mimic of the 11th movie IMO). Also, Arcanine should have gotten more glory from Marley. It's such an epic Pokémon.

Marley's personality though, when I first saw her not waking up from that boat and heading towards the waterfall, I thought she was trying to commit suicide. And then her attitude, gosh. :< Oh well, they portrayed her well overall though. I like how they've been using different personality styles in their characters rather than the same "happy-nice" clones. Loved Marley's voice too.

Vernikova
August 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
The introduction of a game character wouldn't make this filler I believe.

okjoek
August 14th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Team rocket was a tad more exiting in this episode so well done on that. The girl, geez i cant even remember her name was sorta emo-ish or just plain rude, but it gives interesting charicteristic you dont see in every episode.

I actualy belived she was an alien when she said because of her personality at first rofl.

joacen
August 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Dawn and Team Rocket are both getting really annoying for me. I'm glad Dawn's leaving at the end of the Sinnoh series. She and Piplup are just too perky. It's irritating. Too bad TR is sticking around. I could do without their endless failed plans and rhyming dialogue.

Anyway, I found this episode interesting. Marley was quite the character, acting mysterious in the beginning then opening up to Ash and friends later on. All in all, it was a good episode.

Weeaboo Name
August 15th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I liked Marleys character, It may seem odd but this show is slowly growing up.

Fithboy
August 15th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Marley's voice makes my ears bleed!

Tomackze
August 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Who exactly is this Marley and why do so many people like her? Sorry I haven't followed all the seasons... I see who she is in the episode but what is her significance?

okjoek
August 15th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Shes only in this episode as far as i know, and i guess people like her for her different grumpy rude bossy personality, and funny to add to it with here "im an alien" joke.

Bluerang1
August 16th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Marley = Jokes!
Ash&Dawn, who do they think they are?!?!

I wish Team Rocket could be this ruthless, or even more, in all the episodes they're in.

Mew~
August 16th, 2010, 06:24 AM
^ I didn't really like Marleys voice :\ Though I did enjoy the episode! To be honest I didn't really see any point of this episode at all, it was just movie 11 with giritana and zero + Marley! I know they are making episodes for all of the the characters you get to team up with in D/P/PT but they could have given her an episode that had nothing to do with what happens in the games like they did for the little girl with the abra and buck!

Amore
August 17th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Marley was just...odd when commanding an attack. But I kept mentally lolling, like the way Arcanine was stood when she tried to get Shaymin to go.

And when it came back, I was like "omg where did it - oh, it's back out again".

The alien joke was good. Happiny was even better (god it's going to be good if Brock keeps it and evolves it into a Blissey. I guess he just needs an oval stone, because he treats his pokemon so good....).

The use of Torterra, not just Pikachu, and an actually half-decent attempt at attacking (Rock Climb = Ice Smash) meant at least there was something different...

...and Team Rocket's theory of evolution! - Caterpie > Metapod > Butterfree
But, overall, just a slightly-less-boring filler episode. Looking forward to Bertha in next week's episode though.

okjoek
August 17th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Actualy team rocket put up a good fight in the episode.

while exploring the batle tower i realize marley was one of the girls you teamed up with to get through the cave that leads to the peninsula shaymin is found at in diamond.

She did infact use an arcanine.

Jorah
August 18th, 2010, 10:22 AM
- This episode is a horrible, horrible filler, it's a shame that Marley had to be in this episode. I would've prefered her voice to be emotionless rather than bad-acting depressed

- Random floating XD
- lol, it looked so stupid when Brock just *walked* into the rushing water
- "Is she real...?" WHAT? O.o
- Wow, Dawn and Ash didn't want to help o.O
- LOL when she said she was an alien and they believed her XD I actually laughed XD
- Hmm...so being like Nurse Joy *is* like being like a breeder
- It sounds so awkward that is says the whole word "Shaymin", but I didn't watch the 11h movie dubbed
- Urghhh, this episode is so boring...
- Why a Caterpie??

Music kept: (3)

Marley wakes up
TR Sneaking theme
TR Sinnoh motto theme remix

Did I count horribly wrong or was there really only 3? o.O

What? o.O No way, this girl sounded depressed, deadpan and unaware of people around her o_O It didn't sound like her at all

Vernikova
August 20th, 2010, 07:07 PM
- This episode is a horrible, horrible filler, it's a shame that Marley had to be in this episode. I would've prefered her voice to be emotionless rather than bad-acting depressed

What's the difference between bad acting depressed and emotionless?