PDA

View Full Version : Ffxi

Zapchu
November 20th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Do not forget about family, friends, or work. XD

Game cost = $29.99
Graphics card cost = $250

Does anyone here play FFXI? ^_^ I just started yesterday and it's very, very fun and addicting. Started out as a Warrior class and trying to add a sub class of Dark Knight. Fweee~!

parallelzero
November 20th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I got it a few days ago. Though I havent had much time to play it yet. Its a great game, but I need to find people to play with, XD

Spectrum
November 20th, 2004, 08:00 PM
v.v Another game which I have to sit in the gutter and watch everyone play without me. I'll never get a good enough gfx card. Sounds good, though! ^^

kill.harp
November 21st, 2004, 05:14 AM
I used to play, but ended up stopping. It's really good, but now I'm waiting on, in my opinion, a better RPG.

My favorite class was the Dragoon, of which I never got to.

My one problem with the game is that you had to spend insane amounts of time to get where you wanted to be (whether that be referring to a place, a level, a status, etc).

Desert Cacturne
November 30th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I have FFXI but I can't play anymore, due to school and payments.

I'm a White Mage Taru, hoping to be a Bard! But I just need a fewww more levels 'till Level 30. I'm on the Asura server.

Zapchu
December 1st, 2004, 03:50 PM
If anyone wants to add me to their buddy list go ahead, my username is Akichu (Cause Akiha was taken...-_-; So I took that name from half of my PC name and half of the name that I wanted.)

I'm a level 9 Red Mage and I'm going to be level 10 soon. I'm subbing a BlackMage with my Red Mage when I reach level 18.

Burne Starcofski
December 1st, 2004, 04:18 PM
I had the game, and an account, then I was gone for 5 months, now I have to start all over again. name was Beutroround on Gilgamesh.

Anyway, you don't need 250, AT MOST it should cost $60, and it runs fine. (And, mind you, that's from the Highly-Priced Office Depot!)

Once I make a new char I'll post the details, but one thing's for sure...
I'm gonna be an Elvaan White Mage, just like last time! Only this time, I WON'T let ALL my Friends get ahead of me IN ONE DAY!

Kamekusu
December 1st, 2004, 04:48 PM
I've got the game installed on my computer, but I have yet to start it because my graphics card is inadequate. I've made several failed attempts to get together with my boyfriend to install his NVidia Geforce 32MB card into my machine, so I'm still waiting.

I'll keep you posted though.

Zapchu
December 1st, 2004, 08:27 PM
^_^ I'm using a 16MB Radeon Mobility6000 graphics card and the game runs on my laptop...miracelously. But my laptop is 2.2GHZ with a Pentium 4 so I guess that helps a little.

I'm installing a Radeon9800 All In Wonder graphics card on my desktop computer...because as of now it's really hard to tell the difference between enemies and people. ^_^;; But at least the gameplay still works for me.

My Warrior class is up to 13 now, but I decided to start a Red Mage class because I had a hard time getting into parties. -_-; So right now my Red Mage is also level 11. Below are some graphics from the game with my 16MB graphics card. xD Really...horrible...

http://zapchu.com/mizuho/junk/yominakatta.jpg

http://zapchu.com/mizuho/junk/zenzenmienai.jpg

Burne Starcofski
December 2nd, 2004, 05:46 AM
@_@ What's with the Japanese highlights on your screenshots?
Oh well, I USED to be a 14 WHM, and then I switched to a lvl 10 WAR. LOL, whenever people asked me to join them, they thought I was a Dragoon! (It was because I had a really powerful Lance and good armor from my spare money as a WHM.)

FireEmporer
December 2nd, 2004, 05:45 PM
V.V I have it, but don't have a graphic card... Must get one for christmas... Top of my list. I have a guide and all! I want a taru summoner/dragoon

Viktor
December 3rd, 2004, 01:15 AM
Got it when it first came out... First day it came out.... Nice armor btw Zapchu but I think I like my Dark Knight artifact armor a bit better ;). Lol.

[EDIT] 72 DRK, 65 WAR, 42 DRG..... (Carbuncle Server) :P I know I play too much....

Burne Starcofski
December 3rd, 2004, 05:44 AM
:shocked: :shocked:
You got THAT far?!
Anyway, FireEmporer, here's some advice:

1. Tartaru don't make very good Dragoons
2. You can't start out with either of those classes since they're the hardest to get in the game.
3. It's a good goal, but that might take you some time, and a few friends...
4. If we start on the same server, Then I could show you what a Guidebook can't.

Oh well, now to assemble my PC...
*Inserts Slot B into Socket W...*

Desert Cacturne
December 3rd, 2004, 02:16 PM
Oh, I play Final Fantasy XI on PS2. Your account erases after 5 months? Gosh, I'll be playing on holiday vacation, then. I'm only level 22 with some stinky cotton armor. I'm trying to save up for that Tarutaru Wonder equipment and something else, I forgot; I only played in the summer.

Viktor
December 3rd, 2004, 06:06 PM
Actually Tartaru can make VERY good dragoons if used right.... I'm an elvaan but let me explain why :P.

When a DRG learns super jump it can jump in the air and while it is up there it sheds all of its hate then comes down and attacks wich is awsome :P..... So a Tartaru could use a high level healing spell and heal the whole party then use super jump in the air and shed all of their hate.... :P...... We use this a lot when fighting stronger monsters that bring down the partys hp fast, even though they are damage dealers one can make a good backup healer.

However you shouldn't sub a dragoon for a summoner! Omg... You won't get any of the advantages, your dragon will be gone if you have a summoner you should sub black mage or white mage for the increase of mana....... O_O; You should never do that... Just the same you should never sub a bard because you'll only get one tune..... It just doesn't work out...

Oh, and Burne you should try using an Axe or Great Axe for your Warrior ;) certain classes do better with certain weapons and a Warrior does best with those 2 over all..... Just like how people use Great Sword it's pretty stupid they are only good for farming :P.... Paladins do ok with them but are still better with a shield and sword... Lol. Your weapon will cap out faster depending on the grade you have in that weapon... The downfall of Axes wich are A+ by a warrior is that they can be a bit pricey... Lol.

Burne Starcofski
December 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM
:( :'( :( :'(
I just tried to install. There's a problem with my PlayOnline installer which keeps me in a loop, looping back to the main screen. I contacted Tech Support and found out, that by entering the CD key, I eliminated the abillity to install on a different comp, even if I unistall. The Solution: Buy a new copy...

*Calculates...*
That brings my Christmass bill for this game up to $100.

Viktor
December 5th, 2004, 05:15 PM
That sucks dude... -Pats his ps2- XD.... Well I had to go through 3 months without an USB keyboard ... Do you know how f'ing annoying it is to type with the ps2 controller for 3 months?! I was going to through it out the window... >.<;.

Zapchu
December 5th, 2004, 10:55 PM
^^; Here is an update...I haven't slept since December 2nd, but I have a Level 21 Red Mage and a Lv. 6 Black Mage. I'm planning to have Red Mage as main job and Black Mage as sub job to help with the MP and magic attacks.

I was planning to install FFXI on my desktop computer...I hope it'll work because I think I also used some sort of CD key...

Burne Starcofski
December 6th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Just FYI: Once I do get a replacement, I really need advice badly on how to level a WHM enough to travel to Jeuno. I never was strong enough...

FireEmporer
December 6th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Actually Tartaru can make VERY good dragoons if used right.... I'm an elvaan but let me explain why :P.

When a DRG learns super jump it can jump in the air and while it is up there it sheds all of its hate then comes down and attacks wich is awsome :P..... So a Tartaru could use a high level healing spell and heal the whole party then use super jump in the air and shed all of their hate.... :P...... We use this a lot when fighting stronger monsters that bring down the partys hp fast, even though they are damage dealers one can make a good backup healer.

However you shouldn't sub a dragoon for a summoner! Omg... You won't get any of the advantages, your dragon will be gone if you have a summoner you should sub black mage or white mage for the increase of mana....... O_O; You should never do that... Just the same you should never sub a bard because you'll only get one tune..... It just doesn't work out...
Oh, Ok I just like dragons and summoning stuff, so that's how I chose, But I probally should Sub with a mage... Maybe I'll Pay a little extra to get a Summoner too... (The guy at the store said it costs extra money to get another character.. That sucks!)

Elite Trainer Raven
December 6th, 2004, 07:47 PM
I play FFXI.

-Carbuncle Server-
Hume > Sanjuro

-Midgardsormr Server-
Hume > Aedas

Working on getting a subjob in Carbuncle. Both characters started off as Warriors. Aedas is currently a Samurai/Monk. Feel free to add me. :x

Burne Starcofski
December 7th, 2004, 05:46 AM
I will if I'm ever in either server.

The guys at Tech Support (Phone) ROCK!!!
By this afternoon, I can be leveling away!!!
And all because of one phone call....

Zapchu
December 9th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Ah forgot to tell which server, but I'm in the one that starts like Quezotl...something...

Get a club for your White Mage train it to level 12, travel to Valkrum and you'll automatially be invited into parties ^^; White Mages are really needed in the game.

Intuition
December 9th, 2004, 12:04 PM
I just got this game but don't have much time now to play it :) I'll play in the weekend :D

Zapchu
December 9th, 2004, 07:19 PM
I just got this game but don't have much time now to play it :) I'll play in the weekend :D

Hey~ get into the Quetzalcoatl server. ^^; It's always nice to have more friends in the server.

Elite Trainer Raven
December 9th, 2004, 07:23 PM
I find Midgardsormr and Carbuncle to be quite fun and filled with good people. I would have never gotten my Samurai quest on Midgard were it not for the helpful lvl 60 Rdm and Blm that helped kill off the giant tree and helped me get past the forest. :x

Zapchu
December 10th, 2004, 01:41 AM
I think FF11 has a lot of helpful people playing on it. ^^; I want to get the Ninja side quest~

Today my friend, theif class, helped me get the Kahzam keys...if it was by myself it would have taken hours. People on all the servers are pretty helpful~ I haven't met any bad people yet, but I'm sure there also are.

Burne Starcofski
December 10th, 2004, 05:45 AM
The Ninja Quest?! Awww....That means I'm even farther, wait, no I'm not! Heehehehe!

Personally, I want to be a Beastmaster, then I can have a pet Dragon, WHEEEE!!!!
Or a Dragoon, again the pet Dragon....
Or a Samurai with a giant Kick-butt Sword!

FireEmporer
December 10th, 2004, 06:10 AM
I like Ninjas, Dragoons ( CUDDLY BABY DRAGON!) ,And Summoners! And I like using Magic so TaruTarus are My characters... Plus they are adorable! @_@

Zapchu
December 10th, 2004, 10:02 AM
^^ Tarutaru's areeee veryyyyy adorable! If there is one in my party I can't help myself from poking it. Dragoon is another sidejob I want along with Ninja and Summoner. The dragon follow you around same with Summoner, Carbuncle follows you around.

I haven't seen many Beastmaster people...

Elite Trainer Raven
December 10th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Getting Ninja and Summoner jobs is perhaps the most difficult thing to do. x_X; Ninja's hard as hell to find people willing to go with you to help fight off Leeches and Summoner takes forever to get accomplished.

I love the rather easy ones, like Beastmaster and Bard and Ranger. >.>

Zapchu
December 10th, 2004, 11:45 PM
The Summoner Class gives a lot of MP though. ^^; Ninja looks really cool because you get two swords and you can cast those jutsu spells. Helpful when using Provoke~

There seems to be a shortage of White Mages.

Elite Trainer Raven
December 11th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Yeah. Huge shortage of White Mages. Apparently people are getting tired of others shouting "HEY WHM! HEAL/RAISE/CURE ME! IT'S YOUR JOB!" XD; Can't blame 'em though. I'm trying to level WHM without having to join a party. Why? I wanna get the Teleports so I can make a profit off of warping people. >_>

I'm still missing the Paladin, Dragoon, Summoner, and Ninja jobs with Aedas. x_x;

Burne Starcofski
December 11th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Allright!
I got to level 7 this morning, Name: Burne, Server: Remora.
I'm doing sooo great!

Zapchu
December 14th, 2004, 01:28 AM
^^; That's awesome! Too bad you're in a different server though...or we could have leveled up together!

About leveling up WHM...it is a pain in the arse already with BLM. --; I can't imagine leveling WHM without a higher leveled friend to keep on healing you as you punch away at the enemies.

Finally got BLM up to Level 10 and traveled to Valkrum, now I'm past the hard part. BLM is Level 12 now. Hehheh, just need to level it up to 20. Warp skill is also very useful, but still, a WHM's Tele skills indeed can get you some extra gil.

I might level up my WHM for fun purposes and see how long before I go crazy and loose patience.

Burne Starcofski
December 14th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Actually, leveling a WHM is easy with my character. There's a loophole for WHM Soloing, the Elvaan Race. Every Elvaan race has good strength, even the BLM, but it has less MP than Humes and Tartaru. To compensate, they're stronger, and their White Magic is more effective than a Tartaru's. because of their high Strength and Health, they can tank for a while. With my last WHM, I tanked my way up to level 15.

Cool, huh?

Zapchu
December 14th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Actually, leveling a WHM is easy with my character. There's a loophole for WHM Soloing, the Elvaan Race. Every Elvaan race has good strength, even the BLM, but it has less MP than Humes and Tartaru. To compensate, they're stronger, and their White Magic is more effective than a Tartaru's. because of their high Strength and Health, they can tank for a while. With my last WHM, I tanked my way up to level 15.

Cool, huh?

Whoa...o_O; That is lots of patience. It took me 2 hours to level up my BLM because healing in between took a while. My character is of Hume race, because I wasn't sure which job class to take and I heard Hume's were average and all around.

I'm having a problem with playimng it on 56K --; I keep on getting disconnected by AOL. But the game loads up fine and I enter the area and walk around for a couple minutes. *kicks AOL*

Burne Starcofski
December 14th, 2004, 03:51 PM
That's because AOL's 56 is more like a 22. In order to play the game, you need, NEED, Broadband. I use Road Runner, and I never have a problem, (unless my old G-Card freezes up cuz it can't handle the frame-rate while inside the city...)

Zapchu
December 14th, 2004, 11:12 PM
That's because AOL's 56 is more like a 22. In order to play the game, you need, NEED, Broadband. I use Road Runner, and I never have a problem, (unless my old G-Card freezes up cuz it can't handle the frame-rate while inside the city...)

Ohh...I see. ;_; Well, that means I'm going to lug my desktop computer to my cousin's house tommorow to download the updates. Wireless connection should work fine as well~

I only have high speed at college apartments, at home I have AOL56k. =P If only it didn't log me off it'll be fine.

Burne Starcofski
December 15th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Ok, today, I got to level 8 WHM, then my Partner had to log off, so I switched to RDM, got in four levels on that, then went shopping, Bought myself a Bronze Zaghnal, and leveled as a WAR all the way up to 5!

BTW: Against an Even Match opponent Bunny or Worm, I can kill those in two hits!

Zapchu
December 15th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Ok, today, I got to level 8 WHM, then my Partner had to log off, so I switched to RDM, got in four levels on that, then went shopping, Bought myself a Bronze Zaghnal, and leveled as a WAR all the way up to 5!

BTW: Against an Even Match opponent Bunny or Worm, I can kill those in two hits!

Whoa...that must be a good weapon.

Everything was well today until a ghoul aggroed the party, then my FFXI program shut down for some odd reason and I realized my HP was in Mhuara so I had to take the ship back there, by the time I got there my cousin's BF arrived at the apartment and I had to leave cause he has a final and needs sleep. --; Daaanggg...now I can't tell my party what happened to me. I have to go apologize tommorow. Has this every happened to you...everything seems 100% perfect, then something happens. Sighz...black mage is level 17.

Burne Starcofski
December 16th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Actually, it's just a regular Bronze Zaghnal. You gan get one at the San D Orian Royal Weapons Shop for close to 300 gil.

Zapchu
December 16th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Actually, it's just a regular Bronze Zaghnal. You gan get one at the San D Orian Royal Weapons Shop for close to 300 gil.

^^; I'm from Windurst, never been to SD yet. Maybe I should make a trip there today for fun.

It might be difficult to level up White Mage alone. =/ I'm already content with the Warp skill my BLM has. But Whm/Blm combo is tempting me.

Burne Starcofski
December 17th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Yes, since a BLM can Warp home, and a WHM can teleport to places. That would be kinda cool actually...

And yes you should. I met a Rank 2 Bastookian who went to San D Oria just for fun, and to raise up their job for the Dragoon Quest...

Zapchu
December 18th, 2004, 11:56 PM
9 more levels until Red Mage gets Raise.

People actually pay for WarpII as well. So it is worth leveling up a Black Mage. But people pay more for Tele skills from a White Mage.

Do you know where to go after Kahzam? My RDM is currently level 29, but I know I can't stay in Kahzam after 32 because I don't even see anything above 32 there.

Burne Starcofski
December 19th, 2004, 02:08 PM
You're level 30?! Why don't you try one of the Superjob quests?

Zapchu
December 19th, 2004, 05:41 PM
You're level 30?! Why don't you try one of the Superjob quests?

Plannning to stay in Kahzam until Lv32. Don't know if that's enough for a quest. After I hit 32 I'm probably going to finish up some Windurst missions or quests.

Burne Starcofski
December 19th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Man, wish I knew you were from Windurst, I was stuck there this morning. The only way I could get home was to die, which I accidentally did, really quickly at that...

Zapchu
December 19th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Man, wish I knew you were from Windurst, I was stuck there this morning. The only way I could get home was to die, which I accidentally did, really quickly at that...

Eh...you mean in the town itself?? o_O; Or the areas around the place...

Burne Starcofski
December 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM
The town itself, I teleported by the Smilebringer Moogle. Now I can say this with fact:

A friend said San D Oria is better than Bastok
And by the rules of Navigation, San D Oria is Better than Windurst, (And it looks cooler with more interesting BG Music inside the keep, and out in battle.)

Quite Frankly, if I can convince a Few friends to join me, I might give up FFXI forever over a different game...
(I'll make a thread about it now.)