PDA

View Full Version : Thingy

dbzang
August 21st, 2010, 02:25 AM
In a few underwater episodes, there is a small red thing the characters wear to breathe underwater.

Anyone got any pics of it, and wut its called?

Plz?

Serene Grace
August 21st, 2010, 04:01 AM
I think you've made this thread in the wrong place. By talking about the episodes, I think you're refering to the TV show. This means that this thread is in the wrong forum and belongs in Pokemon TV Show and Movies, which I'll move it to.

Vernikova
August 21st, 2010, 04:09 AM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2c/DP047.png There's the image.

I don't know the specific name for it since I've never seen anything like that outside of the animé (Hint hint) so yeah.

e: I think it's an advanced mouth piece/rebreather kind of thing. I don't think that there's anything else it could be honestly.

Jorah
August 21st, 2010, 04:49 AM
It looks *sort* of like the thing scuba divers have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuba_diving but it doesn't have any of the air supplies o.O I'm thinking it's supposed to be some sort of advanced thing that doesn't exist (maybe because they can't be bothered to draw the air supplies?) They don't have any of the rest of the equipment that you would probably need to be diving in deep lakes, so I'm supposing they just couldn't be bothered to draw it o.O

Spinor
August 21st, 2010, 05:03 AM
I really don't think that even exists. Remember the Pokemon world has teleportation abilities for ball capsules that contain energetically compressed biotic matter or something like that. Those are probably futuristic artificial gills.

mervyn797
August 21st, 2010, 07:37 AM
The Pokemon world is a bit too advanced for us. xD Maybe its a sophisticated oxygen cylinder in which oxygen is very highly compressed. (Just my thought, its no where near true. xD)

okjoek
August 21st, 2010, 03:14 PM
They're probably futuristic devices that filter the air out of the water.

jjnerdful
August 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM
I thought it looked like that underwater breather thing James Bond used in that 007 movie. I can't remember the name though... only remember that Sean Connery was Bond in it.

shininglatios217
August 21st, 2010, 08:46 PM
Maybe it's a more advanced version of the aqualung. I agree with some people here, Pokémon is too advanced compared to the real world.

sabrina_diamond
August 24th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Asthma inhaler, they remind me of 'em xD