PDA

View Full Version : Which pokemon you think it's been forgotten from the anime?

Charmander_004
August 23rd, 2010, 09:51 PM
I thought this would be interesting... Which pokemon you think it has been missing from the anime lately? Or do you want a particulary pokemon to appear again in the anime soon? I know there are a lot of pokemon right now and they gotta give priority to the new ones, but still there are ones that really need to come back again, right? For me that would be charmander, cause its been ages for me since it last appeared. Last time I remember it appeared was in the hoenn episode six pack attack and also in the pokemon mystery dungeon special but that was years ago and charmander is one of the most popular and famous starters don't you think?.

Also i was very sad that May never actually captured one, I mean first she got bulbasaur, then squirtle, but what about charmander! :( . Also i think charmeleon is even farther away, and ivysaur and wartortle too, oh and sunkern lol. So what you guys think????.

solaris knight
August 24th, 2010, 03:40 AM
I've always wondered what happened to Jigglypuff. Did they just stop using his running gag, or did they put in a reason for why he stopped showing up?

rndm.
August 24th, 2010, 04:06 AM
The Porygon family. Because of that infamous episode starring Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z have not been shown at all. Porygon has at least had cameos, but the other didn't even have them.

Vernikova
August 24th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I've always wondered what happened to Jigglypuff. Did they just stop using his running gag, or did they put in a reason for why he stopped showing up?

It got its conclusion in "A PokéBlock Party" in Hoenn. Hasn't appeared since.

okjoek
August 24th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Pikachu for sure~! lol jks... I'd say most of the starter pokemons 2nd evolutions. like marshtomp, wartortle, ivysaur.

Jorah
August 24th, 2010, 09:41 AM

That wasn't really a conclusion, just its last appearance :S Weird how they just stopped using it, it's not like Pokemon's afraid of using running, worn-out dead jokes.

Blaque
August 24th, 2010, 10:04 AM
That wasn't really a conclusion, just its last appearance :S Weird how they just stopped using it, it's not like Pokemon's afraid of using running, worn-out dead jokes.
Well, after Jigglypuff ran into Whismur and realized it never fell asleep when it sang, it seemed like the perfect conclusion for Jigglypuff's story in the show. Although, it wouldn't surprise me the least bit if Jigglypuff surprisingly showed up again - then again, Isshu is a whole new place away. So...

Recluse
August 24th, 2010, 10:11 AM
The mid-evolutions of starters, especially Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Croconaw...
Some of Eeveelutions are quite rare to meet here... Jolteon is the rarest imo.
Where's Diglett or Dugtrio?! Electrode...? Cloyster?!?! GENGAR! Grrr... KINGLER!?!?!
They forgot about those awesome 1st gen pokes...

shininglatios217
August 24th, 2010, 10:16 AM
What about the Porygon family? I know what happened in THAT episode, but it was Pikachu's fault, not Porygon's.

Tutsie
August 24th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Miltank is forgotten, I believe.

Charmander_004
August 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM
What about the Porygon family? I know what happened in THAT episode, but it was Pikachu's fault, not Porygon's.

Yeah! Pikachu should have been banned not Porygon! Lol just kiddin! XD You guys are right about Porygon and its evolutions, its not fair for them, they should make a new episode to introduce them right from the start. Also the mid starters evolutions and other 1st gen pokemon.

dragonite149
August 25th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Bring back Porygonz! If it weren't for a certain little electric mouse they might be in recent episodes. Pikachu should have been banned instead,his Thunderbolt caused the seizure. Porygonz don't cause seizures, Pikachuz do. So why the creators of the Pokemon anime banned a harmless Pokemon,but continue showing a deadly,seizure causing electric mouse is beyond me.
BRING BACK PORYGON!

mervyn797
August 25th, 2010, 02:40 AM
After reading the previous responses arguing that Pikachu was at fault and not Porygon, I went back and saw the entire episode again.
Well guys, the red and blue flashes which caused the seizures were at quite a lot of times throughout the episode from when they get into the electronic world. It was just in the end that Pikachu uses thunderbolt to stop those vaccine missiles, does it get a bit too intense. Its ridiculous you guys blame Pikachu. The only people to blame are the people involved in making that particular part of the episode.
So people, stop this discussion right away and get back on topic.
---
So... getting back on topic, according to me Diglett and Dugtrio have been quite forgotten. I know they made an appearance in an episode... but they haven't appeared lately.

Vernikova
August 25th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Bring back Porygonz! If it weren't for a certain little electric mouse they might be in recent episodes. Pikachu should have been banned instead,his Thunderbolt caused the seizure. Porygonz don't cause seizures, Pikachuz do. So why the creators of the Pokemon anime banned a harmless Pokemon,but continue showing a deadly,seizure causing electric mouse is beyond me.
BRING BACK PORYGON!

Pikachu is the franchise mascot. /answer

Ynfiniti8
August 25th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I would say Grumpig but he just appeared in a japanese episode (trying not to give away spoilers) as a cameo. Quilfish hasn't appeared in ages, neither has Grimer, Dunsparce, Lileep & Cradily, Abra, Spinda and Furret. They should appear.

Neelh
August 25th, 2010, 07:40 AM
The singing Jigglypuff! His latest cameo was... ON A MICROPHONE? C'mon. You gotta give the cute lil' blob a job!

Talli
August 25th, 2010, 07:46 AM
MissingNo ?
na that's stupid what about arbok ?

solaris knight
August 25th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that one now. It was odd that they decided to bring it back for the one episode, but at least they gave it an ending.

Because that episode was Porygon's debut, it will always be associated with it.

@Tutsie: Didn't the episode about the milk café have at least three Miltank in it? It wasn't too long ago, I believe.

Fithboy
August 25th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Illumise. I don't think I've ever seen one in the anime. Spidna, also.

Ynfiniti8
August 25th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Thought of more. Exeggutor (spell?), Pidgeot, Magcargo, Umbreon, Camerupt and Tropius.

PlatinumDude
August 26th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Arbok and Weezing (the Pokemon originally owned by Jessie and James). I wonder what happened to them since they were released? Also, Ash's Pidgeot and Primeape. He said he'd come back for them at some point, but he hasn't.

Quisling
August 27th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Arbok and Weezing (the Pokemon originally owned by Jessie and James). I wonder what happened to them since they were released?

This. I miss them as Team Rocket's Pokemon.

bwburke94
August 31st, 2010, 07:03 AM
The Porygon line, of course. (Porygon hasn't appeared since the fifth movie!)

Dark Symphonia
September 28th, 2010, 02:04 AM
The Porygon line, of course. (Porygon hasn't appeared since the fifth movie!)

Oh yeah...that infamous seizure incident.

yossarian
September 28th, 2010, 04:25 AM
I'll stick to Generation I and II pokemon as I'm most familar with those.

Conversely I'll like to point out Pokemon which I've felt have appeared too frequently (excluding any pokmeon owned by any of the main charachters. That'll be pointless)

Too Often

Slowpoke/Bro - I swear there are like 5 or 6 episodes devoted just to it
Gengar - Appears everywhere
Jolteon
Blastoise
Poliwrath
Electrabuzz
Scyther
Voltorb
Meganium
The Entire Marill family
Ursaring

Too Little

Kangaskhan - I've only seen it once
Tangela
Hpyno
Seaking
Typholosion
Granbull
Porygorn 2
Amphoras
Stantler

Da Games Elite
September 29th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Honestly, I'd love to see Porygon Z pop up from time to time. Another one is Mewtwo, or really any of the legendaries. Considering how often he appeared in the series in Kanto to Johto, I'm surprised they haven't had a re-reunion episode with him yet since he erased Giovanni's memory...the imaginary Mewtwo doesn't count!

Blaziquaza
October 6th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Rayquaza. It usually only ever gets cameos, and that movie, but that was more centred around Deoxys. They made Groudon and Kyogre episodes, so why not Rayquaza?!

Vernikova
October 7th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Rayquaza. It usually only ever gets cameos, and that movie, but that was more centred around Deoxys. They made Groudon and Kyogre episodes, so why not Rayquaza?!

Because the only two villainous teams were Team Magma and Team Aqua. No need to add a third wheel since the whole thing took up only two episodes in total.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
October 7th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Because the only two villainous teams were Team Magma and Team Aqua. No need to add a third wheel since the whole thing took up only two episodes in total.
Yeah but didn't emerald come out by the time they had the battle so I think they should have made it like Emerald...
Also Giratina didn't appear to stop Cyrus but it did show up with the other members of it's trio and even it's Trio Master!
Rayquaza is the only one yet to be seen with the other members of it's trio in a Movie or episode (Raikou was in the same position until the 13th movie)

Vernikova
October 7th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Emerald was released about one month before the episode. Also, the primary targets were Groudon and Kyogre throughout the entire series. There was no lead up to Rayquaza appearing either so it would've been bad writing (On top of the episodes' bad writing) to include it.

AshPikastar
October 7th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I have always been wondering what happened to that little pink puff ball Jigglypuff.

Vernikova
October 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG039

ShadowYashi
October 7th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Porygon? What Porygon? That thing actually exists in anime?! I thought it was only in the games /sarcasm

Pikachu and I don't mean Ash's Pikachu or some other trainer's Pikachu, but a wild Pikachu. Seriously, they cannot be that freaking scarce in the world. Regardless if its Ash's main or not, some wild ones would be nice >:/
Same goes for Meowth and that's even more common. But since we've hit Isshu now, I doubt we'll be seeing much of either, if their names don't reference Ash or Team Rocket.

AshPikastar
October 7th, 2010, 05:24 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG039

Thanks for the info link. Must have missed that episode.

mervyn797
October 7th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Porygon? What Porygon? That thing actually exists in anime?! I thought it was only in the games /sarcasm

This has been pointed out quite a lot in this thread itself, but do you remember the infamous seizure incident? Putting in Porygon again in Anime wouldn't be a good idea as it would be reminiscent of the event. So, Porygon or its evolutionary line isn't going to appear I guess.

Mew~
October 12th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Haven't seen Mine jr. pop of of james's pokeball latley (well not through the end of Sinnoh, but we do now know all team rockets pokemon have been left at the rocket base)

I want an episode revolving around porygon-Z (Although that might not happen soon because we haven't seen any other pokemon gen 1-4 pokemon in isshu other then pikachu yet and because of the banned episode with the flashing lights!~)

GengarsRevenge
October 14th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Has Porygon EVER appeared after the banned episode? Is that episode really the reason they're not showing him again? What bullocks.

umbreonofdarkness
October 19th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I'll stick to Generation I and II pokemon as I'm most familar with those.

Conversely I'll like to point out Pokemon which I've felt have appeared too frequently (excluding any pokmeon owned by any of the main charachters. That'll be pointless)

Too Often

Slowpoke/Bro - I swear there are like 5 or 6 episodes devoted just to it
Gengar - Appears everywhere
Jolteon
Blastoise
Poliwrath
Electrabuzz
Scyther
Voltorb
Meganium
The Entire Marill family
Ursaring

Too Little

Kangaskhan - I've only seen it once
Tangela
Hpyno
Seaking
Typholosion
Granbull
Porygorn 2
Amphoras
Stantler

Ampharos appeared in 2 sinnoh episodes, and it must have appeared again before that...(I only watch sinnoh and some hoenn, abd the odd kanto/jonto episode)

Kenshin5
October 19th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Has Porygon EVER appeared after the banned episode? Is that episode really the reason they're not showing him again? What bullocks.
Porygon as well as its line has not appeared in any episodes after that seizure incident.

helloehello001
October 25th, 2010, 07:55 AM
the poryzon family becoz they haven't appeared in anime except the accidental espoide

bwburke94
November 12th, 2010, 11:48 AM
We have 490 mons to consider, since the Isshu arc just began and I'm excluding the Porygon line. 50 have been owned by Ash (excluding Haunter, Raticate, Larvitar, Beedrill, Seaking, etc.) leaving 440. 17 others have been owned by Misty, 19 by Brock, 3 by Tracey, 13 by May, 8 by Dawn, and 17 by Team Rocket; that leaves 373...