PDA

View Full Version : Do you Ice-skate?

Eliana
November 21st, 2004, 11:33 AM
So, do ya? I love ice-skating! ^^ I can do tricks and stuff. XD

nadan the water queen
November 21st, 2004, 11:36 AM
i don't like it, that's y people hate me. they say i'm not "normal" (i live in Minnesota) but it's not like i care.

Kayleigh
November 21st, 2004, 11:53 AM
Well, I tried it with my brother one time when we were at a mall. ^_^; Let's just say that afterwards I had to walk around with a huge water stain on my jeans, lol. I stunk at it!

And it was funny... I'm very, very good at regular skating, but I couldn't ice skate worth a flip. My brother, on the other hand, isn't as good on regular skates yet after ten minutes on the ice he was already skating backwards! O_o How was that so, lol?!

November 21st, 2004, 11:58 AM
I'm not very good at it. I've fallen on my face more times than there are stars in the sky.

Eliana
November 21st, 2004, 12:21 PM
Lol....
I can spin, and jump and yeah....o.O;;;

Jesus Freak Josh
November 21st, 2004, 12:36 PM
I can ice skate. I've only been twice (Every time I go to Newcastle I am going to try and get someone to take me). I am fairly good. Though I'm not that fancy at it...
All of the tricks and jumping and wa-hey! XD

HereticSteel
November 21st, 2004, 12:39 PM
I rock, in the small island of guernsey which is where I live we had one rink for a year I went like every weekend and I rock(once again) I even got to go with school and I only ever stacked it twice!

I can go backwards forwards, run on tips, slice the ice, 180, jump(and tailgrab)

For the third time, I ROCK!!!

Eliana
November 21st, 2004, 12:46 PM
o.O;;;
lol do you figure skate?

katfox2
November 21st, 2004, 12:49 PM
I know how to roller-skate. But, I do know how to ice-skate....
I've never done it before, but I heard its very hard to do. :(
Maybe this year, I might get lessons for it. :)

HereticSteel
November 21st, 2004, 12:49 PM
err no I improvise!

People kept trying to tell me I went to a club!
(one thing for hhoever might know me off of the computer)
I DID NOT!!!!!!!!

Eliana
November 21st, 2004, 12:55 PM
Lol, well I figure skate....:P

ashley03
November 21st, 2004, 01:03 PM
do i ice skate?....Yes,..not very often.

HereticSteel
November 21st, 2004, 01:15 PM
Well what is figure skating anyways???

I still only improvise though!
Unless figure skating means the same thing(which I know it doesnt)

Eliana
November 21st, 2004, 01:19 PM
Ya dont know what Figure Skating is? XD
Its what they do in the Winter Olympics...

ashley03
November 21st, 2004, 01:20 PM
Well what is figure skating anyways???

I still only improvise though!
Unless figure skating means the same thing(which I know it doesnt) ^SORRY!!!!:dead: well i can answer that question!! NO,i can but i'm more into soccer than figure skating *looks at the smile w/ the soccer ball.*

Kiri
November 21st, 2004, 01:53 PM
For all you UKians out there, you may know about the temporary ice rink in Norwich, Norfolk- it was on TV for children in need. I love going there in the winter! (But last year, it was snowing, and I wish I'd checked my hood was full of snow before I put it on)

Teara
November 21st, 2004, 02:28 PM
I don't really ice zkate all that well. Then again, I've only tried it once when the pond in our yard froze enough to be zkated on. I really did enjoy trying it but zince it waz the firzt time I fell a few *cough* timez. I probably would have gotten alot better at it but the ice and znow around her only lazt for a couple dayz before it meltz. V_V

Oh, and figure zkating iz a beautifull thing. It'z where zkaterz perform all kindz of wonderfull trickz on the ice, it'z alot like dancing on ice. I watch it every year =3

*~Ashley~*
November 21st, 2004, 07:45 PM
I love to ice skate, it's one of the few winter activities I do like! When it gets cold enough out, my cousins set up a rink in their backyard for us to skate on... either that, or I go to the public rink. I'm not really good at ice skating, but I don't fall all that often. I never found ice skating to be difficult either...

ryan
November 21st, 2004, 08:01 PM
i've done it once or twice... i hated it.
i'm really good with my feet normally (i do pretty well at footbag and such) but i cannot stay up on skates... i spent most of my ice skating time on my butt.
and i hate the cold because i'm alergic, i get hives (consider them "extreme goosebumps") and having those on your butt is no fun.

Miyu-chan
November 21st, 2004, 09:39 PM
I love ice-skating. =] I used to take a few classes, but stopped cause they were too expensive... >.>; Haven't done it for like... 5 years though. xD;

Brittany
November 22nd, 2004, 12:16 AM
There's nothing really to it. It just comes pretty naturally for me, but I have seen some people get on the ice and end up hugging the edge of the rink the entire time, or falling on the floor every two or three seconds XD

jynx
November 22nd, 2004, 08:27 AM
I love it!
Not very good at it though.

Eliana
November 22nd, 2004, 09:09 AM
For me its kind of ironic that I like skating, because I grew up in two hot places (Israel and Los Angeles)
My mom, who skated once, clinged on to the wall freaking out o.O;; that was the last time she skated.
I guess I am a very adjustable person...
I started skating when I was around 5, but not lessons. Instead of falling, I would kinda turn around and that would slow me down. I dont really like falling on the ice...
Well if its purposely, thats different XD.

HereticSteel
November 22nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
Ya dont know what Figure Skating is? XD
Its what they do in the Winter Olympics...

I thought so!

Hehe I must have sounded so stupid asking that when I said I didnt do it, I dont though!

Breakout
November 22nd, 2004, 09:21 AM
I can ice skate but I don't go very often. The last tim I ice skated was about 7 months ago, it was cool, and some guy fell and broke his arm when he tried a 360 spin in the air.

THIRTY-SIX
November 22nd, 2004, 09:24 AM
oh ice skating is cool unless u enter the olympics because i wouldnt feel comfortable in spandex o i dont i skate cuz i cant

Eliana
November 22nd, 2004, 10:39 AM
o.O;; wha? What about spandex? *confused*
You wouldnt want to be in the olympics? thats too bad...I wouldnt care about what I would have to wear- being in The Olympics is an amazing thing...

Tzuri17
November 22nd, 2004, 11:08 AM
I didn't try it. and i'm not going to try...

Jeremy
November 22nd, 2004, 01:31 PM
I want to ice skate, sweeties, but I might hurt other people. XD I'm pretty reckless. XD

xCloudx
November 22nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
I want to,but don't know how.

Shana
November 22nd, 2004, 03:18 PM
Haha, me and eli were just discussing this. I don't know how...

Eliana
November 22nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
People, you should all just get up and learn! XD

100marios
November 22nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Well, I would ice-skate, but don't say I didn't warn you if you see some unidentified maniac hurtling across the ice, hehe.

Actually, it actually seems like a pretty cool thing to do someday, if I ever got the chance, heh. My friends and I have been considering going, since they built a new ice rink right around the neighborhood, but we haven't actually made any plans. I'd love to give it a try though... it sounds like a lot of fun!

It would sure be ice, hehe...

Eliana
November 22nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
So do it! XD
In Israel, since its to hot, they use wax...its dangerous though >>;;

digi-kun
November 22nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
wax? as ice? thats not very cool XD
Yes i like to ice skate, but tricks are useless to me...its just another way to relax

Eliana
November 22nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
XD Yeah, It is pretty dumb.
And yeah, most boys around the ages 13-18 will play Hockey, not Figure Skating anyways XD

100marios
November 22nd, 2004, 07:54 PM
So do it! XD
In Israel, since its to hot, they use wax...its dangerous though >>;;
*Crashes across the ice as an unidentified maniac and begins to sing*
I feel good!
Hehe...

Hot wax? Well, I live in Florida and it gets pretty hot here as well, so I guess they may also use it here...

*Thinks*

I'll just be sure not to have my birthday there, with the candles and all, hehe...

Eliana
November 22nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
No, not HOT wax. XD I said its very hot in Israel, so the ice will melt, so they USE wax. XD

Mari
November 22nd, 2004, 07:58 PM
I <3 ice skating. It's really fun, as well as figure skating and hockey.
Meh, I try way to many sports. @@

Eliana
November 22nd, 2004, 07:59 PM
Nah, you can never play to many sports! XD

Mari
November 22nd, 2004, 08:12 PM
At least someone agrees with me. XD All my friends keep complaining about that.

Elite Four Lance
December 13th, 2004, 11:52 AM
I havent been ice skating for a long time but Im going to do it soon.