PDA

View Full Version : Wow, really

Katja
August 27th, 2010, 02:26 PM
I booted up my Sapphire to see what was on it, and it said the internal battery died. I haven't played it that much, and I haven't touched it in years. I'm pretty dissapointed. Has this happened to any of you? I thought it only happened to gold and silver versions....

jjnerdful
August 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
It sounds more like the berry glitch than the internal battery actually dying.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berry_glitch

Weavile05
August 27th, 2010, 07:06 PM
The game can still be played. My Sapphire's internal battery is dead and it plays just fine

okjoek
August 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure what it means but I've read about it and hear you can still play the game but some time based thing in the game might not work I think... Hope I helped.

FlameDancer
August 27th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Happened once but it seems fine with me. :/

jjnerdful
August 28th, 2010, 12:41 AM
What I forgot to say was the R/S/E game cartridges don't use the internal battery to save. They only use the battery for keeping track of the time. Saving is done on FlashRom (if I remember right), so you can still play the game. The time based stuff like berry growing, etc won't work anymore unless you 1) get a patch if the cause is the glitch or 2) get a fresh battery in if battery really died (I doubt it).

Mirby
August 28th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah, you're fine to play to your heart's content.

Musician of Literature
August 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I booted up my Sapphire to see what was on it, and it said the internal battery died. I haven't played it that much, and I haven't touched it in years. I'm pretty dissapointed. Has this happened to any of you? I thought it only happened to gold and silver versions....

Yes, it has happened to me. Fortunately you can fix it. If you have 2 GBAs, a Leaf Green or Fire Red, and a Game Link Cable you can do it. When you are on the start screen of your Leaf Green, press B+Select. Then, the game will shoe you how to fix it.

Red1530
August 28th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Also connecting to the Pokemon Colosseum or XD to trade or battle will fix the glitch.

pooppants
August 28th, 2010, 06:17 PM
after 100 hours sometimes it dies

Katja
August 29th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Oh wow. Hmm I think I might have a link cable, but its at my gmas house if I do so who knows if I can even DL the patch. xD I'll at least play it to get some of the pokemon I want on my SS or something.

PiPVoda
August 31st, 2010, 08:28 PM
This has never happened to me, but it has happened to a friend a few years back. Like everyone said you'll be fine, might not be able to grow berries anymore though.

Ninja Caterpie
September 1st, 2010, 01:50 AM
I believe any FR, LG, Colloseum or XD game can patch it. :P

Good luck!

solarowl
September 17th, 2010, 11:05 PM
I kept getting that on my ruby but it doesn't really matter. SO, play on :).