PDA

View Full Version : palkia comes from star wars?

okjoek
August 27th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I just noticed that palkias sound in the cartoon sounds somewhat like that lizard thing obi-wan rides whan hes chassing after general grievous.

Does anyone else make that connection?

dead-man-walking
August 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Eh. That can happen many times in all other medias too. I've heard Blizzard's Hydra death cry used somewhere. Probably just a coincidence.

Charmander_004
August 27th, 2010, 08:54 PM
HAhahahhaha. That's funny but, I dont remember how Palkia sounds in the movie, is it the same? BTW i like that lizard thing he rides its very cool.

Vernikova
August 28th, 2010, 03:58 AM
"Palkia's roar in the anime uses Godzilla and King Ghidorah's roar with the roar of a Varactyl overlapping it." -Bulbapedia

okjoek
August 28th, 2010, 06:59 AM
the episode you can hear it in is

a batle finale of legends

the star wars movie is revenge of the sith.

Mew~
August 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM
There is somthing it looks like if you look very closely too~ I don't know if I should have said that as its off topic so heres the on topic bit, thing:
I've never watched star wars so I wouldn't know XD

I just asked my brother (hes a star wars nerd) and he agrees, it does!

PiPVoda
August 31st, 2010, 03:12 PM
Wow, neat :D Just makes Palkia even more cool.

okjoek
August 31st, 2010, 06:01 PM
maybe they are closely related from origin then. I'l try to look into it sometime.

2nd-Thanatos
August 31st, 2010, 06:33 PM
I just noticed that palkias sound in the cartoon sounds somewhat like that lizard thing obi-wan rides whan hes chassing after general grievous.

Does anyone else make that connection?

Yes, I did!

It's the same sound he does on Smash Bros Brawl, when using his powers to alter the stage.

Vernikova
September 5th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Omigosh. I'm watching Revenge of the Sith right now and you're right it does sound like that lizard thing. It's really similar.