PDA

View Full Version : Team Rockets New Look!~

Mew~
September 2nd, 2010, 04:19 AM
Okay so I made this thread so we can discuss what we think about Team rockets new look! :3
What do you guys think?
Credit to Filb.de for image!
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1191/20100902rocketdan.jpg

It's practically just a colour change but Giovanni looks good, its looks like hes going for a sorta commanderish look maybe?

PlatinumDude
September 2nd, 2010, 04:30 AM
I like TR's new look. It makes them look a lot more evil than they really are.

RedBattler
September 2nd, 2010, 04:39 AM
TR's new look is great, and I am so glad we are going to be seeing more of Giovanni this series. For once, the plot surrounding TR is going to be interesting (I hope) in Best Wishes!

mervyn797
September 2nd, 2010, 04:52 AM
Personally, I find Team Rocket's old look better. Black looks cool on really evil people like Butch and Cassidy (lol), not on the Team Rocket trio. xD Anyways that's my personal preference. http://images.absoluteanime.com/pokemon/butch.jpg

Masterge77
September 2nd, 2010, 04:53 AM
I'm glad that Team Rocket has finnaly changed their outfits after 14 years, Giovanni looks like Adolf Hitler without the infamous mustasche, I'm expecting to be seeing him more.....

Guy
September 2nd, 2010, 06:47 AM
So, they really do get a new look? Heh, I figured they might after Ash's change.

It's funny how after almost 14 years, they went from wearing white clothing to black, given the recent new name of the games this generation. Still, it looks good on them I think. I just hope with their new change in clothes, they also earn a more significant role in the show other than going after Ash's Pikachu alone. Even though, that's what their main purpose is, I still hope they continue what they started since AG - giving Jessie a side plot which was contests, but this time give something to James too.

As for those who just aren't liking it, I'm pretty sure Team Rocket will look a lot cooler with their new clothes in the anime itself rather than their artwork.

vince82495
September 2nd, 2010, 06:53 AM
love team rocket's new look! but what's giovanni doing here? i thought we were gonna see team plasma in this series...but it looks like were gonna see more of team rocket (not the trio, the whole team!)

Roughsponge
September 2nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
I'm quite liking this new look for TR :D And it looks like Giovanni will be making a return, happy days! Hopefully there will be like a rivalry between Team Plasma and Team Rocket, which could make for some good filler episodes.

Galukxy
September 2nd, 2010, 07:30 AM
I don't like it, to be honest. They should of left it alone..
but well I think it seems fair since they changed Ash.
I really didn't like his change either

Bluerang1
September 2nd, 2010, 07:52 AM
Love.It! They look scary cool, especially Meowth. It says they want to take over Isshu? o_O Ok. I first though Giovanni was the guy with a moustache from the leaked Character Sheet. I like his new look also, hated the old one, hopefully he has more of a role here as well. Best Wishes is looking GREAT!

Enjoying posting first Mew~, you're lucky I has school :P

countryemo
September 2nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
black and white disussion maybe? :P

Anyways, this is looking great. by the looks of it, TR is going back to the kanto times (ex: being a bad team for once, now the trio is pathetic :P)
So were going to be seing giovanni more? this is going to interesting

bluerang - take over issue? ooh TR vs P. epic xD

i cant wait till i can watch :(
how long to its in english?

Kirbychu
September 2nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Congratulations Team Rocket, after all these years you have officially graduated to the "Grunt" rank.

countryemo
September 2nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
From serebii/pokebeach

They are "Advanced Troops" since their the first TR members to enter isshu (didnt this happen in sinnoh to?) Giovanni sends them to help in the fall of isshu.

In Best Wishes, Jesse & James are classed as
Team Rocket's Advanced Troops and are the front line for Team Rocket in Isshu
for Giovanni to help Isshu fall to Team Rocket.

Haowakeorden
September 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Congratulations Team Rocket, you have officially graduated to the "Grunt" rank.
It's hard to say whether or not they've actually been promoted or demoted, since the rank above and the rank below "white uniform" both carry similar black uniforms.

We'll have to see what actually caused Jessie and James to be promoted or demoted.

Kirbychu
September 2nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
From serebii/pokebeach

They are "Advanced Troops" since their the first TR members to enter isshu (didnt this happen in sinnoh to?) Giovanni sends them to help in the fall of isshu.

This is what happened in Hoenn too. I think they say "Advanced Troops" for comical purposes. Giovanni could just be trying to get rid of them again.

PearlShipper4Life
September 2nd, 2010, 10:15 AM
I am really glad they finally got new looks, its been so many years but they finally got one woo-hoo!! I like it too, I hope since they maybe get promoted that they'll act more evil and a bit smarter, maybe give them confidence they needed. Will there boss play a bigger role this time? Maybe since Best Wishes is trying copy Kanto a bit they'll give Team Rocket more of a role.

Kojak
September 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
I really like them, much better than the old ones.

Agent Clank
September 2nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
Okay so I made this thread so we can discuss what we think about Team rockets new look! :3
What do you guys think?
Credit to Filb.de for image!
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1191/20100902rocketdan.jpg

It's practically just a colour change but Giovanni looks good, its looks like hes going for a sorta commanderish look maybe?
I like them but its just a color change,nothing that special.

joacen
September 2nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
I'm not too excited about this "new look" for Team Rocket. They just basically changed their old white pants and shirts to black. The footwear and gloves are still the same. Black might make them LOOK more evil, but it certainly doesn't MAKE them more evil. They are still, and always will be, failures.

Kirbychu
September 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
If TR stops being the comic relief and are actual threats they'll be more annoying than they already are.

GFA
September 2nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Giovanni looks like a bad ass, Jessie and James are much more, "meh."

Vernikova
September 2nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Wow. This change is so amazing. The amount of "Wow" going on through my head as a result of this change is so great that it's wow all on it's own. Their red uniforms are far better than the black ones or the white ones.

matt0044
September 2nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
I hope this change of clothes comes with a change of evil methods for TR.

I also hope Team Plasma gets more screen time than TG and their subplot is accurate to the games.

chimpakt
September 2nd, 2010, 07:03 PM
Meh... i liked the old uniforms a lot better than these ones.

cyan.
September 2nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
i dont really like it to be honest.
the black just looks really bad on them and i think the white outfits suited their personalities way better.

Kirbychu
September 2nd, 2010, 07:47 PM
i dont really like it to be honest.
the black just looks really bad on them and i think the white outfits suited their personalities way better.
I agree. I always thought the white uniforms were a symbol that they were different from the rest, and that they aren't really all that evil.

PiPVoda
September 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
Mehh, this new look makes me sick. Old look was much better, but I think they could hav at least made Jesse's wardrobe more like Cassidy's (just upgraded). That was amazing!

Ethan Gold
September 2nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
So new uniform means they are promoted? The only thing thats isn't changed is Meowth I guess.

Fithboy
September 2nd, 2010, 11:33 PM
Finally they're trying to fit with the rest of TR!

Lickeh Lickeh
September 2nd, 2010, 11:42 PM
Good, Giovanni looks bad ass finally. Jessie and James are the same but are wearing a black uniform this time.

Charaxes
September 3rd, 2010, 07:12 AM
About time for the new look. It reminds me of that rare image where Jessie and James were originally in the black clothes/white boots combo, before the producers opted for the look we knew for a decade or so. (Nintendo Power did show it once, and I need to dig up the issue number for you.)

I don't like Giovanni's new look, as he looks like a doorman. Of course, feel free to convince me otherwise.

But, at least, he'd be a doorman of evil? Heh.

Neelh
September 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
NO. They looked better in white. It compliments their style more.

sabrina_diamond
September 3rd, 2010, 04:19 PM
So new uniform means they are promoted? The only thing thats isn't changed is Meowth I guess.

I guess that means James and Jessie are becoming more competent *gulps* Ash, you better watch out :o

Pikachu-dance!
September 3rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
i love them they are AWESOME
that is all

Pkmnmasta
September 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM
While I was used to their old uniforms, these new uniforms are pretty nice to look at, even if it is just a color change. I imagine them made out of a different fabric than the other ones, like they're more silky than the others. That's me, anyway. I'm just glad they FINALLY got that promotion.

By the way, Gio's over there lookin' snappy!

luf100
September 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I don't mind the change. I like the white a little more, but it is a change and I'm really liking all the other changes they've been making so far. Hopefully this isn't just a wardrobe change though, I'd like to see them taken a bit more seriously, but I won't get too hopeful. They are usually just comic relief and I doubt they'll be more than that even in this new season.

GFA
September 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I hope being more competent means that they DON'T show up in every episode.

Ficher
September 4th, 2010, 12:14 PM
They are still alive? I really do not care about how they look, since they are useless in the anime. I'll be enjoying seeing more of Giovanni, though.

Kirbychu
September 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I hope being more competent means that they DON'T show up in every episode.
I agree. If they must show up each episode, at least try to make more plots that don't involve them. <_>

I'm sick of TR stealing Pikachu and CotD's Pokemon, then seeing Ash, Girl that will be scrapped, Brock, and CotD trying to get them back.

Bluerang1
September 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Also on that competent note, I'm thinking they may have a side plot. You know, the whole "brining Isshu down" thing.

Subsonic
September 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I don't care much for their new look because we all know they will always be the same villains who aren't even sinister.

~First Snow

Spinor
September 4th, 2010, 09:30 PM
If TR stops being the comic relief and are actual threats they'll be more annoying than they already are.

You're kidding right? If these poofheads stop being a comic relief and seriously start the evil I swear I'd set 10 alarms at full blast to wake myself up at 5:45 in the morning every Saturday to watch CN HD on the HDTV in the living room.

And they indeed to look much cooler in these uniforms. Giovanni looks like he's ready to kill someone... >__> Too much FMA.

Reshiram Man
September 4th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Team Rocket looks more EVIL in the color black

Haza
September 5th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I think one of them is going to get a Koromori... but I think they look awesome. It takes away what made them different than the rest of Team Rocket though but at least that'll remain in our memories.

Silver25
September 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM
It could be possible that the entire organization changes to different uniforms from the black ones. So that could still leave them to be different.

Kirbychu
September 5th, 2010, 05:56 PM
You're kidding right? If these poofheads stop being a comic relief and seriously start the evil I swear I'd set 10 alarms at full blast to wake myself up at 5:45 in the morning every Saturday to watch CN HD on the HDTV in the living room.
If they were actually evil what would it really change? They'd still pop up in every episode and steal Pikachu. Alright, maybe they'd have different lines.

okjoek
September 6th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Looks more neat and evil (even more evil than casidy and butch!)

Assault
September 6th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I really like the new colour. It's good to stir things up once in a while to keep people interested in the anime I guess.

Giratina ♀
September 6th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Giovanni I'm not so stoked about (first Lance, now this TT -TT) but I do quite like the looks of Jessie and James. At least they're appropriate for the team now! Finally, a redesign I approve of!

GFA
September 6th, 2010, 05:18 PM
If they were actually evil what would it really change? They'd still pop up in every episode and steal Pikachu.

No. No they wouldn't. That'd be part of being competent.

imevil
September 6th, 2010, 05:29 PM
they look awesome, but to evil

solarowl
September 6th, 2010, 05:53 PM
i guess team rocket looks pretty cool and bbetter than the past seasons but im still used to their old uniforms....
and for giovanni i hate his outfit. he looks more like a waiter or a butler instead of TR's boss!

Kirbychu
September 7th, 2010, 09:32 AM
No. No they wouldn't. That'd be part of being competent.
If they were competent they'd succeed at capturing the main characters' Pokemon, and I highly doubt that they'd write off their Pokemon in the show. The main characters can't just lose their Pokemon, so TR will just end up failing like always. It's just not happening, deal with it. I do agree that TR needs less screen time though.

Angel1
September 7th, 2010, 12:08 PM
they're not complete failures.....i mean in evil they are, but they have saved the world once or twice and not by accident. They also have really good skills in digging, tech stuff and flying a balloon. =) I like both there both of there outfits but it will be nice to have a change. but yeah in evil they are complete failures.

luf100
September 7th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I think I'd like it if maybe they had more serious stories involving them. Like Jessie had contests and she took them seriously and she was actually good at them. James was good at that orienteering stuff and that... flying game with the rings? If they could somehow do something like that that would involve all three of them (maybe so they have to work together or something, so it doesn't just focus on one of them like Jessie's contests did), they could be taken a bit more seriously without having to actually steal Pikachu, since that will never happen. They will always fail at catching Pikachu, but they could do something they're good at that doesn't really have to do with Ash & Co.

Then of course that gets all the people that say what's the point of even having them at all, since the anime focuses on Ash and if they're not doing anything involving Ash, what's the point? But I dunno, just my thoughts.

Maybe they should make a spin off of Pokemon, Team Rocket style. :P

BlooMilk C.
September 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM
they're not complete failures.....i mean in evil they are, but they have saved the world once or twice and not by accident. They also have really good skills in digging, tech stuff and flying a balloon. =) I like both there both of there outfits but it will be nice to have a change. but yeah in evil they are complete failures.
And saying We're blasting off AGAAIINNN! I just love 'em. I mean they're not actually evil, just anti-heroes. Similar to Wario in the Mario bros. series. They've got a different air to them.

Scarlette
September 7th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Haha! I love their new look!
I really like Jessie's little shoulder pads

Neelh
September 11th, 2010, 11:18 PM
It clashes.

Simple.

I mean, pale blue/lilac goes better with dark blue, not black. Same with red/pink/purple/magneta.

Zet
September 11th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I don't like Giovanni's new look. He looks like more a dictator instead of a buffet of manliness. :(

However I like how Jesse and James aren't wearing the different TR uniform and started wearing the proper uniform.

MarillBubbles
September 12th, 2010, 11:05 AM
They look to much like grunts IMO. I liked their old look better since it made them stand out from the rest. Meh, I'll get used to it eventually.

Also,the grey really doesn't compliment the black but that's just me being a fashion dork :x

Nyu~♥!
September 12th, 2010, 12:12 PM
can't say it's that different for Jessie and james and meowth, but i really like them!

dragoniteuser
September 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Giovanni looks like a hotel recepcionist! LOL

nakoma
September 12th, 2010, 04:16 PM
New outfits make me dissapoint. The white outfits made them unique.

Mr. L
September 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Giovanni, you used to be cool...
But I guess nothing says dominating leader like dressing up like a dictator.

dudeazombie
September 12th, 2010, 08:01 PM
no way! i just now found out episode 1 was out in jap but anywhooo... is team rocket going to actualy be the "badguys" again??? + the new outfites pwn. woot! looks like i'm going to have to read subs... oh well!

sorry, not "out" but it's going to be the next episode in japan. sorry again for any confusion!

If they were competent they'd succeed at capturing the main characters' Pokemon, and I highly doubt that they'd write off their Pokemon in the show. The main characters can't just lose their Pokemon, so TR will just end up failing like always. It's just not happening, deal with it. I do agree that TR needs less screen time though.

less screen time? you have to be kidding. they don't need more or less screen time they just need to be less of a time wast. aka do things other then fill up empty spots in the episode.

AadmM
September 12th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Giovanni, you used to be cool...
But I guess nothing says dominating leader like dressing up like a dictator.

This is exactly why I like Giovanni's new look. Team Rocket's about world domination, plain and simple. Their leader should look the part, and now he does!

As for Jessie and James, I've always wanted to see them in the traditional Rocket black. Their white uniforms look too wimpy.

Vernikova
September 17th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I know no one gives a **** about this thread anymore but I don't care because I finally found the picture of Jessie and James in the uniforms they should be in. Now I must find their red uniforms. That's what their new region looks should be.

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/johto/220/0228.JPG

mervyn797
September 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM
A still cannot believe all that was said about Team Rocket invading Isshu. With front line troops consisting of the Rocket Trio, it' s going to be an utter failure. Leave that job to Team Plasma.
I still prefer the same old Team Rocket. :(

SIN1488
September 17th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Meowth looks exactly the same!

I like the lighter colored ones better, and Giovanni was cooler when he looked like some mob boss.

LucasFinder
September 18th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Haha their new look is great! But that doesn't stop the fact that they're so irritating - both in games and cartoon.

Aro-kun
September 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I've always felt that the rocket trio needed new costumes. But when they finally did, I now perfer the old ones xD I'm just not used to the new ones yet...

Dooonerz
September 18th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I like it, it looks a lot cooler and more modern, even with a simple colour change.

*Charizard*
September 20th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I like their new look its what rocket grunts were in the games

Vernikova
September 22nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
I wonder why they decided to have them change into grunt like uniforms. Their uniforms don't seem all that special when compared to Domino's, Hun's, or even Butch's and Cassidy's.

MarstheCar
September 22nd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Finally. I've always questioned why Jessie and James were wearing white when the others were in black.

Tsukiyo
September 25th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I am actually quite upset about this 'new look' of theirs. The white uniforms were actually a character point, addressed in some episode or other that involved Butch and Cassidy.

Congratulations, Team Rocket. You now look just as generic as the rest of your group.

mineowyn
September 25th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I'm glad that Team Rocket has finnaly changed their outfits after 14 years, Giovanni looks like Adolf Hitler without the infamous mustasche, I'm expecting to be seeing him more.....

I agree Giovanni looks like Adolf Hitler. Also, I think the white uniform they had on before was something like probation/trial rocket member uniform. So I guess they finally got promoted to grunt rank after multiple failures.. :3

Also I think it'll be interesting to see Team Rocket VS Team Plasma in terms of ideology. So whoever Ash ends up siding with it'll feel like he's helping the bad guy! haha!

Mirai
September 26th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I like their new outfit. It fits their more serious appearance in Best Wishes. I loved how James used a smokeball to escape X3
I really hope they won't go back to their old character. A strong Team Rocket is much cooler!

Vernikova
September 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I agree Giovanni looks like Adolf Hitler. Also, I think the white uniform they had on before was something like probation/trial rocket member uniform. So I guess they finally got promoted to grunt rank after multiple failures.. :3

Jessie and James are agents I believe. They only have white uniforms to "express their sense of style".

Read some more: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rocket_uniform

The white uniforms were actually a character point, addressed in some episode or other that involved Butch and Cassidy.

It was is "Dues and Don'ts" but Butch and Cassidy weren't in that episode.

Below link explains Team Rocket's outfits.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_clothing_in_the_anime#Main_outfits_4

Tsukiyo
September 26th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I could swear Butch and Cassidy (or one or the other) made a comment about their outfit at someone point...x.x;

In any case, it's good to know I'm not crazy, at least on that one point.

XFakerX
September 27th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I think Giovanni looks like some sort of chinese imperial guard now.

King Gumball
September 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Now they fit in with the other rockets :)

I was always wondering why they used to wear white. It will take a bit of getting used to though, seeing them in black for now on.

QuietDragon
October 5th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Actually, if you look at the character designs and compare them with Sakaki's, you'll find his is closer to black, while theirs is now simply a VERY dark gray, but lighter than the "black" of the uniforms.

It still shows their nature as free spirits and non-conformists, even among Rockets, but yes. Now they're closer to the other Rockets...

I hope to see this taken in interesting directions.

Erin
October 5th, 2010, 07:38 PM
It's hard to say whether or not they've actually been promoted or demoted, since the rank above and the rank below "white uniform" both carry similar black uniforms.

Agreed. As well as with the others who say "Advanced Troops" may be an ironic title. Aside from their first appearance in "Pokemon Emergency", the TR trio have mostly been a group of bumbling idiots. Moreover, Giovanni has made many attempts to try and get rid of them. Promoting them would make no sense, but sending them to a boondock (every form of media has mentioned how *far* Isshu is from the other regions) region where Team Rocket has no presence could just be another way of getting them out of his hair.

In other news, Giovanni looks way too much like a 19th Century seaman. When did Team Rocket stop being a Pokemafia and become some kind of randomly evil group with no definite purpose for existing aside from inconveniencing a 10 year old and his Pikachu?

xVenomx
October 5th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Its just like a color change ... Wow, plus the cartoons repeat themselves like how his new water pokemon is like Chikorita from Johto!

Its kind of why I stopped watching after they teased another evolution of Pikachu. And How Dawns Pokemon was Disobedient like Ashs' Charizard.

Lie Ren
October 5th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I think Giovanni looks like some sort of chinese imperial guard now.

I think he looks like Gendo, the setting fits too.

Infact, I kept waiting for him to sit like this while at his desk:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/RagingZealot/gendo.jpg

Erin
October 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I think he looks like Gendo, the setting fits too.

When Team Rocket becomes Team Nerv, I'm officially freaking out.

At any rate though, it's an improvement over the ridiculous orange blazer.

RainbowWing
October 17th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I didn't know why they had white outfits in the first place...
either way, it resembles more like the game outfits, which i like.
And they don't look clumsy xD.

However, i do like they're original outfits, because they showed they're character more, and they had them since the beginning of the anime.

vaporeon7
October 24th, 2010, 02:57 AM
I don't exactly like the new outfit, but I hope that with this new outfit Jessie, James and Meowth will stop rhyming every sentence and Meowth will stop saying 'ya dig'.

CrimsonSunVersion
October 24th, 2010, 03:37 AM
I like there new outfits but what are team rocket going to do when Team Plasma shows up ruin there evil plans.

helloehello001
October 25th, 2010, 07:54 AM
not only the new look they have changed, but also their ' brain' have changed