PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

mervyn797
September 8th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Do you want Pikachu to accidentally touch a thunder stone and evolve into a Raichu? Or do you want him to remain the cute old Pikachu?
Even though I'm sure this would never happen.... Would you, as a Pokemon viewer want this to happen?
Please share your opinion.

shot571
September 8th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Im sure a lot of people will say yes but I say no. It wouldnt be the same. I mean sure itd be better for battling but Itd be so awkward. He wont be able to go on his shoulder anymore. Eh imo its just messed up

Bluerang1
September 8th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Make a damn poll.

As for me, I would always have said yes, but I'm not sure now. People make good arguments as to why it shouldn't evolve :\

Oh Hiiirrrooooo!!!! Could you make a Poll for his pwease? 83

Pandemonioum
September 8th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Well yes it should and no it shouldn't.

If Pikachu would have evolved Ash would have become champion long ago, so no it should not evolve because if it doesn't Pokemon can keep continuing forever. :P

But I would like to see Ash owning Raichu, maybe he should catch another Pikachu and evolve and use it for battling instead :P

Vernikova
September 8th, 2010, 11:08 AM
People whining about polls. Yay.

No I don't want it to evolve. It's a staple of not only the show but the franchise and making Pikachu evolve would be pesoanlly distasteful for me since I like Pikachu over Raichu.

angel10698
September 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM
He is just as strong if he stays a pikachu. If he evolved it would be harder for him to travel with ash. If he evolves he won't be able to ride on ash's shoulder anymore. I think he should stay the way he is.

Recluse
September 8th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Pikachu is the icon of Pokemon show. Evolving would ruin everything.

Manila Luzon
September 8th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Pikachu should never evolve no one wants a ; Fat, Annoying overgrown mouse.

Pikachu is the center of Pokemon, can you imagine Raichu being on Ash;s shoulder ? 0.o

GFA
September 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Pikachu should never evolve no one wants a ; Fat, Annoying overgrown mouse.

*Cough* Surge *Cough* Sho *Cough* Katrina *Cough* Kay*Cough* Volkner *Cough* A couple of un-named trainers *Cough* *Cough*

You have, obviously, never used a Raichu in the games.

But yeah, it evolving would ruin the feel of the show, then again, BW seems sort of like a reboot, so who knows.

PlatinumDude
September 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
No. Pikachu has proven its strength multiple times; it doesn't really need to evolve.

GFA
September 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Maye not, but stats say that it would be stronger.

imevil
September 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
i would hate it if he evolves, it would be wierd

Spinor
September 8th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Right! Lets have Godchu evolve into Godchu v2.0! The world may be destroyed as we know it, but at least Godchu will evolve!

>__> Maybe if it evolves temporarily somehow. Just for the lulz.

Manila Luzon
September 8th, 2010, 11:57 PM
*Cough* Surge *Cough* Sho *Cough* Katrina *Cough* Kay*Cough* Volkner *Cough* A couple of un-named trainers *Cough* *Cough*

But yeah, it evolving would ruin the feel of the show, then again, BW seems sort of like a reboot, so who knows.

Yeah I have used Raichu Ingame and they always suck, maybe I should of added JMO to the end of my post.

ngik...
September 9th, 2010, 12:14 AM
NOOOOO!!!!!!
pikachu is already strong!! it doesn't need to evolve!!

Manila Luzon
September 9th, 2010, 12:30 AM
NOOOOO!!!!!!

Yeah and we all know, it's never gonna.

mervyn797
September 9th, 2010, 01:39 AM
NOOOOO!!!!!!
But Pikachu does loose some battles. It needs to be invincible. I want Ash to win the Isshu league.
Evolving would mean, that Pikachu would become more powerful than before. But maybe Ash doesn't want something like that. Too bad for us. XD

And by the way, three cheers for Went!! We have got ourselves a poll. Everyone vote now!

SIN1488
September 9th, 2010, 01:58 AM
I want to stone Pikachu with thunderstones until it freakin evolves >_<

Actually, I don't really care that much, but maybe Ash would stop losing if it evolved. Seriously, with all the battles he's been through, you think he would be level 100 by now, yet he still loses.

CZbwoi
September 9th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Nope.

It's the Pokemon mascot.
And Nintendo and the whole crew knows it wouldn't be wise, due to Pika's worldwide recognition.

Kirbychu
September 9th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Pikachu actually has better attacking stats when given the Light Ball.

Raichu is an ugly obese rat that was probably based off some deceased mouse a cat had coughed up. Not to mention that Pikachu evolving would ruin the whole "bigger isn't always better" thing the anime has going.

The S
September 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Raichu is an ugly obese rat that was probably based off some deceased mouse a cat had coughed up.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3992/jasminegm.jpg

Aww, come on, how can you say that?

PsychoJigglypuff
September 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Well, I honesty don't care too much, since I hardly watch the anime...

But Pikachu is an iconic character, and it would be weird to change him.

Although, my personal preference is Raichu since it's squishy and adorable. >w<

Ersatz
September 9th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I've never really cared if he evolved or not. I'm so used to seeing Pikachu, but in the back of my mind the fact that Pikachu evolves into Raichu was always there. And when they brought up the evolution when Ash versing Lt. Surge, I realized that I wouldn't really mind if he evolved.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 9th, 2010, 11:33 PM
As annoying as Pikachu is, I don't see the difference in whether it evolves since its trainer will still be an idiot. And I don't watch the anime unless forced to anyway.

Satoshi Ookami
September 10th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Seriously, with all the battles he's been through, you think he would be level 100 by now, yet he still loses.
He's probably on level 270 or something (we all know Ash is cheating so it'd be normal) =)

Well anyways... probably I wouldn't want Pikachu to evolve, but if writes planned it then I'd want him to evolve in order to save Ash.

Zet
September 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Nope, I do not want Pikachu to evolve, mainly because I cannot picture Ash carrying a Raichu around on his back.

And Pikachu won't be fast and small enough to escape from things and escape through small holes in a wall, tunnel, etc.

joacen
September 10th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Pikachu has become iconic to the Pokemon franchise, especially as Ash's partner. If Pikachu were to evolve, it would be just weird. Would a Raichu fit on Ash's shoulder?............

GFA
September 11th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Raichu is an ugly obese rat that was probably based off some deceased mouse a cat had coughed up. Not to mention that Pikachu evolving would ruin the whole "bigger isn't always better" thing the anime has going.

Telll that to Sceptile, Charizard, Kingler, Primeape, Torterra, Infernape, Mamoswine, Steelix, Staraptor, Pidgeot, Donphan and many others.

Fithboy
September 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
When I first voted and my computer was loading the results I thought yes would win by a landslide! But it didn't! Wow!

I really think Pickachu should evolve because then it might not reset it's level when it starts in a new regionm :P!

Kirbychu
September 12th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Telll that to Sceptile, Charizard, Kingler, Primeape, Torterra, Infernape, Mamoswine, Steelix, Staraptor, Pidgeot, Donphan and many others.
That's true, but who's the one that always sticks around and is the one that Ash cares about the most?

●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●
September 14th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Firstly, I just want ash to grow up...
I care less about the Pikachu...but yea, i want it to evolve...

fenyx4
September 23rd, 2010, 09:09 AM

Raichu is an ugly obese rat that was probably based off some deceased mouse a cat had coughed up. Not to mention that Pikachu evolving would ruin the whole "[S-HIGHLIGHT]bigger isn't always better[/S-HIGHLIGHT]" thing the anime has going.

This. I love how, for hundreds of episodes (especially in 2 awesome fights against Raichu, Pikachu's supposed superior), Pikachu has been able to prove that concept above. I think it gives hope for all the so-called "subpar" Pokemon out there who tend to cower against OU/evolved Pokemon and the like. The only time I could ever contemplate Pikachu evolving is during the show's finale, and even then, I would want it to revert somehow...

XFakerX
September 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I would like to see ash own an over-powered raichu and team rocket will die from a thunder attack so they wont be such a nuisance i hate team rocket

CurseShooter
September 24th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I think Pikachu shouldn't evolve, it's not like it will get stronger because in each new series it appears to get weaker instead of stronger....

Galukxy
September 24th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I don't think Ash should ever evolve Pikachu into a Raichu, that will probably change the anime all over the place.
not to mention with these new Pokemon coming in, there have been ALOT of changes

BHwolfgang
September 24th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I'm just so used to seeing Pikachu as Ash's partner that it would be weird for me to see him walking around with Raichu. He might as well join the military and get a buzz like Lt. Surge did. Ash is off better with Pikachu, because it suits him more than a Raichu ever will. Also, remember that Pikachu also rejects the possibility of being a Raichu after being destroyed by Lt. Surge's Raichu. If he didn't want to become a Raichu then, Pikachu probably won't want to become one now.

Evoli
September 24th, 2010, 11:34 PM
When I first saw this, my answer was immediately no. But then when I thought about it, I think it'd be alright for Pikachu to evolve.

Pikachu's evolution would have to involve Ash's growing up for me to accept it though. I think if they ever decide to allow Ash to age past ten years old or whatever he is now, and become a young man, then it would be symbolic for his Pikachu to "grow up" as well and become a Raichu.

Crig
September 26th, 2010, 03:31 AM
i said no, but after thinking a bit more, it could be nice if he turns into raichu.

dragoniteuser
September 26th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Nope, Pikachu is the franchise's mascot!
it wouldn't be the same without it!

Demigod
October 4th, 2010, 09:02 AM
For some reasons I'm not sure anymore, I mean now that they almost destroyed true fans nostalgia with the crappy new series I don't know if I want them to take away something else again but I mean I always wanted it to evolve before Sinnoh came out.

Tomackze
October 4th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I feel Pikachu is much better pokemon to start each new region than a Raichu. And I like Pikachu more because he has the speed advantage

solarowl
October 4th, 2010, 07:28 PM
No way! I would never want it to evolve because its like the main pokemon. If you think of Pokemon you think of pikachu. I know they wouldn't evolve pikachu unless it is for ash.

femtrooper
October 4th, 2010, 07:31 PM
OMG NEVER! Ash and Pikachu are a team and always will be. I can't even stand thinking about this. They are also childhood heroes of mine and for Ash to have a Raichu...no! FAIL! Pikachu is his little buddy.

I cried in the first season when Pikachu was going to leave, alright. No NO NO!

TwiggsMGW
October 4th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I personally hate Pikachu and Riachu. I'm not even going to mention Pichu... It's a stupid, worthless evolution chain that isn't worth much in battles.

I stopped watching the anime somewhere in the middle of gen2, but I play the games still (except DPP, waiting for free money to buy those).

I think for the sake of the pokemon franchise, it would be unwise for Ash to evolve Pikachu, but it would be unwise for any trainer dumb enough to use pikachu in the game to not evolve it after it's learned the few decent moves it can, which can't be taught by TM/HM.

RainbowWing
October 5th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I thought Pikachu would evolve during the Hoenn Saga,But i bet pikachu will evolve on the very last episode. :3

Team Carbon Boss: Roran
October 5th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I think that Ash is dumb. Just watch his first battle with Fantina He's not smart. If Pikachu evolved it would at LEAST have better stats. But the whole chain is worthless. I mean, they have bad stats, and they are hideous. And thanks to Pokemon electric rodents are cliche.

Blaziquaza
October 6th, 2010, 01:09 AM
What is it with all these "no"s? I mean honestly, Ash is changing. He's becoming more mature each season, so it would make sense. And you have to remember, a big cuddly opposite of Gengar was going to be the mascot originally. So yes. I say evolve.

Theab95
October 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM
If pickachu evolves it will be less annoying, stronger and cool but it won't happen.

Captain Hobo.
October 7th, 2010, 09:01 AM
No, I think it would mess up the whole show if he evolved.

Mew~
October 7th, 2010, 09:31 AM
No.

Not like it's gonna happen anyways! And im sure Raichu would really suit Ash but meh!
I like Pikachu how it is anyways, even if it should be at Lv. 550 now

Tomackze
October 7th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I don't think Ash would take a Raichu with him to his new journeys. Pikachu, I can see

AaronOnPokemon
October 7th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Speed > Strength

So in my opinion I think it should never evolve. Pikachu is just too awesome now. But I really do think that Pikachu should age because it has been with ash for the best part of 10 years....

123wert50
October 8th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Not at all. Pikachu is epic. I never think it will become a Raichu.

The Red Chain
October 8th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Simply put, no.

It's much too late now to change Pikachu. Changing it now would only cause a massive outbreak of mixed feelings among fans, I believe the majority would be negative. Ash's signature Pokemon is Pikachu, not Raichu. If it evolves we'll never see it up there on Ash's shoulder anymore, we'll never see it dashing around the battle field, streaking it with it's yellow color. It just.. wouldn't feel right if Pikachu evolved now, after being the same for so many years.

Not to mention it just won't evolve. It has battled Raichu countless times now, and has always proved that it can outdo it's evolution, and that power is not everything. Meowth and Pikachu have been pals in a way because both of them hate their evolutions, and refuse to evolve because they know that they are strong for who they are. Oh and because Nintendo is cheap. That's about it~

Prometheus
October 8th, 2010, 11:46 AM
It would take-away the feel, It would be ever so stupid too do so.

ShadowYashi
October 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
As much as I love Raichu.
No. Not Ash's Pikachu, don't let that Uber ascend to God status,if Pikachu evolves, it would break TV's worldwide, just you wait.

But in all seriousness, no. Pikachu won't ever evolve because Word of God makes it so, because of the underdog factor and the fact that people think Pikachu is cuter than Raichu. I don't truthfully. (Don't worry Raichu, I like you so much better than Pikachu, I think your super cute :D)

tylerab01
October 8th, 2010, 12:40 PM
If you can all remember back to the Days of Red, Blue and Yellow, in yellow if you tried to evolve Pikachu it wouldn't work, so lets just say for the sake of having an argument, ash tried to evolve pikachu and It wouldn't work? That would be cool, so Team rocket in the Isshu saga tries to evolve pikachu and it doesn't work...

Thats all i have to say!

Owl
October 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Pikachu should stay the same. Not evolved otherwise it'll just ruin the show :/

Marilynasol
October 8th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I want Pikachu to evolve with Ash- as Ash becomes a man, Pikachu, too, matures. But, considering Ash is still miraculously a ten-year-old after traveling through six regions, we all know that's never going to happen.

Vernikova
October 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Why do people say it would ruin the show? The new viewers wouldn't think it would be ruined at all.

mervyn797
October 22nd, 2010, 11:50 PM
I don't think that there is any reason to believe that it will ruin the show.

It will be something new for us, as it is we have seen a lot of changes in BW. So why now Pikachu as well? :'(

CrimsonSunVersion
October 23rd, 2010, 04:35 AM
I do not want to see Pikachu evolve because Pikachu is proven to be better and stronger than a Raichu. If nintendo invented some kinda way to reverse evolution then Pikachu can evolve back and forth from a Raichu.

Pokemon Champion Red
October 23rd, 2010, 04:46 AM
Hell yes.
Pikcahu has been sticking around for far too long.

Amore
October 23rd, 2010, 04:50 AM
No, he's awesome as he is.

I just want Ash to use him less (I mean every time they see Team Rocket, it's just "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"). I also want him to stop losing just because he can't use electricity....he should've still been able to beat a lv.5 Tsutjara (I think that's the right spelling) with his Quick Attack and Iron Tail...

mervyn797
October 23rd, 2010, 10:50 PM
No, he's awesome as he is.

I just want Ash to use him less (I mean every time they see Team Rocket, it's just "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"). I also want him to stop losing just because he can't use electricity....he should've still been able to beat a lv.5 Tsutjara (I think that's the right spelling) with his Quick Attack and Iron Tail...
I know, it is quite disappointing to see Pikachu lose to Tsutaja. It was all because of Zekrom I'd say! >_> If that caused the level reset, Pikachu and Tsutaja, both were at par with each other.

But I doubt, that if it would have been a Raichu instead, it would have lost to Tsutaja. /favours Raichu.

Krizor
October 25th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Pikachu is a cultural icon.

It will NEVER evolve for that reason alone.

helloehello001
October 25th, 2010, 07:52 AM
no~ becoz it won't be cute if evloving

Sonics
October 27th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Well yes it should and no it shouldn't.

If Pikachu would have evolved Ash would have become champion long ago, so no it should not evolve because if it doesn't Pokemon can keep continuing forever. :P

But I would like to see Ash owning Raichu, maybe he should catch another Pikachu and evolve and use it for battling instead :P

If Ash catches another Pikachu he might accidently evolve the wrong one - i don't know if it would matter.

The only way you could tell the difference would only be the power - if both the pokemon's are complete rebels and stay out of their poke-ball anyway.. :D

Agent Clank
October 28th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I don't want him to, because He is awesome as he is.
Plus it would ruin Pikachu's Pokemon mascot image.

femtrooper
October 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Would it ruin the show? Possibly. It is a major character as well as the mascot for the franchise... Raichu also has a different personality than Pikachu... I don't like it. Why would Ash basically throw away his best friend? He wouldn't. It would be completely different...thus Pikachu would be dead. No good, sorry.

Pikachu IS Pokémon. It is the franchise. It will never happen. TV's would certainly break!!! :)

Gardenia101
October 28th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Pikachu is the only character many people associate with "Pokemon". I think that if we don't see Pikachu in the TV show anymore (Which seems to be the only thing people care about in the "outside world"), things wouldn't be the same.

That's my two cents.

mervyn797
October 29th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Would it ruin the show? Possibly. It is a major character as well as the mascot for the franchise... Raichu also has a different personality than Pikachu... I don't like it. Why would Ash basically throw away his best friend? He wouldn't. It would be completely different...thus Pikachu would be dead. No good, sorry.

What? We are talking about Ash's own Pikachu evolving into a Raichu. How would his personality change on evolving? If Ash and Pikachu are friends, does that mean on Pikachu's evolution they won't remain so?

Night Sky
November 3rd, 2010, 03:03 AM
I want that Pikachu to evolve, because I'm sick of watching him over and over again. :( Raichu would be stronger! :D

Dragonite650
November 7th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Pikachu can stay, just take out Ash!

BigIce17
November 7th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Idk.. but to me I feel that Ash/pikachu needs to be amped up a bit. Pokemon on a whole in my opinion. so yeah, why not evolve? would be better in my eyes. :D

latios123
November 10th, 2010, 12:33 PM
i dont want it to . its pokemons mascot, you see it on the entrance of amity square in platinum, when you go trade in the gts you see it and ash would fall down if raichu krept on its back just as gliscor. and didnt i heard in the anime pikachu couldnt evolve?

mervyn797
November 11th, 2010, 02:29 AM
and didnt i heard in the anime pikachu couldnt evolve?
It's not that he couldn't evolve. Pikachu refused to evolve, if you are talking about the episode where Ash battled Lt. Surge and his Raichu.
All it needs is a thunderstone.... XD

Dooonerz
November 11th, 2010, 03:35 AM
I would like it if Pikachu evolved, because Ash with a Raichu would be sick! <33
But then again, Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot </3

Fthutte
November 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Exactly, i agree with Dooonerz. It's the mascot of pokemon series.

RobotUnicorn
November 11th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I would LOVE Pikachu to become a Raichu!

derozio
November 12th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Naah, it wouldn't be okay if it did. Afterall, Pokemon has been running for all these years and pikachu has remained the same. It is more than just a normal pokemon now, tbh. It has remained the same for too long and would suck if it suddenly evolved. True that its strengths might improve and stuff, but that doesn't mean it'd become invincible. And anyway, it seems like a lot of fans would get pissed if it did evolve somehow. XD;

Edit; Not to forget the fact that its tah mascot. n_n'

aguinn99
November 12th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Im sure a lot of people will say yes but I say no. It wouldnt be the same. I mean sure itd be better for battling but Itd be so awkward. He wont be able to go on his shoulder anymore. Eh imo its just messed up

thats true,I would quote everyone else who said no but that would take forever.

Forever
November 13th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Nope, I like Pikachu as it is. If it evolved into Raichu it wouldn't be Pokemon to me anymore :(

(As in the Pokemon I know)

Seki
November 17th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Pikachu is the icon of Pokemon show. Evolving would ruin everything.
that answers your question...

KillehKiwi
November 22nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
Both yes and no;

Yes because Team Rocket, being as idiotic as they are, might stop trying ceaselessly to catch Pikachu. They'd take one look at Raichu and be like "What the hell! Where's Pikachu? Did Ash trade him for a Raichu? C'mon, gaiz! Let's go find the other trainer and stalk him or her for the remainder of our lives and keep trying to catch Pikachu! Lolz!"

Then maybe I'd like the anime more cause those three morons won't be involved! ;D

But no, because that'd ruin the whole image of Pokemon: Pikachu! People would see it come on, see the Raichu and be like "Whoops! Wrong show!" Seriously. I so would do that.

Steel*
November 22nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
I'm disappointed at how Pikachu is still weak despite all of the battle experience, leveling up, etc. it has gained. It really angers me when I see it get upset by young pokemon, weak pokemon, and sometimes even Team Rocket's pokemon. I would be intrigued to see it evolve and want to know what would happen, but I think this would ruin Pokemon somewhat because Pikachu is just as much a mascot of Pokemon as Ash is, if not more important (which I think is the case).

Kenshin5
November 22nd, 2010, 06:04 PM
I am more of the opinion of not caring. I realize that it is very very improbable so there is no need to hope or not because it will probably always be Pikachu. From a marketing stand point it wouldn't make much sense for Pokemon. Co to shift from their bread and butter which is Pikachu to Raichu. I would personally just not assume to see Pikachu ever again. Which would free up an extra slot in Ash's party.

Shiny Gardevoir
November 24th, 2010, 06:20 AM
No.

But I do want him to devolve into Pichu.. Somehow...

Pokemon Master Derrville
November 29th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Pikachu is too much of a icon to evolve into a Raichu and it just wouldnt be the same if he did.

2x3i5x
December 2nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
how about giving Pikachu a light ball :)

da_absol
December 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Yes! Because then Ash would FREAK OUT lol...and then they'd probably make his new Raichu somehow evolve back. It'd be a good movie.

♠Dawn Rayne♠
December 2nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
If Ash truly want to complete his Pokedex, he would have to unless he wants to try his luck finding one in the wild (maybe someone released theirs or something, or possiby he could trade for one) I could see him possibly obtaining one to be a companion to Pikachu. But I never see him evolving it.

Vernikova
December 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
how about giving Pikachu a light ball :)

Considering that it doesn't need one to evolve and it already knows Volt Tackle, it would probably be useless. It might be pretty clunky in battle too.

zappyspiker
December 3rd, 2010, 01:45 AM
What would change Pikachu's mind? I mean it already refused the Thunder stone twice. And I doubt Ash will force Pikachu to evolve.
Though it is a bit disappointing to see Pikachu going weak at this point of Ash's jorney.
He manages to defeat Brandon's Regice but can't defeat Shooti's Snivy...

Vernikova
December 3rd, 2010, 04:30 AM
Power of the Plot would change his mind. I do agree that it's stupid that his current rivalry is incredibly retarded but it's not like that would change if Pikachu was a Raichu. It'd probably be worse if he was.

Kaori
December 3rd, 2010, 05:23 AM
I don't want Pikachu to evolve not because of its weakness, but because Pikachu has gone a long way with Ash and to evolve it now, would be heartbreaking for me. Pikachu is my favorite Pokémon and I never really liked Raichu all that much. If Ash were to evolve Pikachu, they would have to have a real good reason why. u_u Pikachu has also grown in design throughout the years, and he is the main mascot for the anime as well so to change it would highly be unlikely.

Steel*
December 3rd, 2010, 10:51 AM
Considering that it doesn't need one to evolve and it already knows Volt Tackle, it would probably be useless. It might be pretty clunky in battle too.
I believe that person meant it's other in-game effect: "Doubles both the Attack and Special Attack of Pikachu.*" - Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Light_Ball#Light_Ball). Maybe it should be wrapped around Pikachu's body with a collar that holds the Light Ball lol.

Vernikova
December 3rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
So you mean like cheating since I don't remember any situation where a Pokémon has actually held an item in battle (I'm too lazy to search it up so **** it). And if there was one than it only happened once or twice. The way you said Pikachu would hold was the way I imagined it as well.

Steel*
December 3rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
So you mean like cheating since I don't remember any situation where a Pokémon has actually held an item in battle (I'm too lazy to search it up so **** it). And if there was one than it only happened once or twice. The way you said Pikachu would hold was the way I imagined it as well.
No need to get all serious about it lol; we're just merely discussing other alternatives to evolving. I wonder if there are rules in the anime pertaining to held items; Pikachu could use more power and it already has enough speed I would think.

Regeneration
December 3rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
It wouldn't matter to me if Pikachu evolved. But lmao, imagine a Raichu on Ash's shoulder... That would look totally weird.

I'd say, remove both Ash and Pikachu! [insert evil laughter here]

Vernikova
December 4th, 2010, 05:12 AM
No need to get all serious about it lol; we're just merely discussing other alternatives to evolving. I wonder if there are rules in the anime pertaining to held items; Pikachu could use more power and it already has enough speed I would think.

How do you know if I'm being serious?

Pikachu already has enough power really. Just ask Latios and Regice. It's just that Ash is making many mistakes.

Steel*
December 4th, 2010, 07:31 AM
How do you know if I'm being serious?

Pikachu already has enough power really. Just ask Latios and Regice. It's just that Ash is making many mistakes.
Just a thing I noticed about you so far I've been here, but when are you NOT serious? You never crack a smile (smiley online) or say an internet connotation pertaining to laughing; you don't seem like you have a sense of humor at all and the only thing close to that is probably your sarcasm, which isn't as easily detectable online. You mentioning that it was cheating only added to that. I've only been here a few weeks or so, and so maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen the episode/movie yet and I really need to find a place where I can watch movies, but that's going to be tough since I can't even ask about it here, which I find ridiculous to say the least (don't tell me to search Google either because I've been there and done that). I guess I can't expect much of Pikachu without a Light Ball, low base stats, it probably doesn't even have 31 IVs in all of its stats, and EVs are spread everywhere (probably not bad in the anime), but more power wouldn't hurt [hopefully].

Kevin
December 4th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Don't really care that much if Pikachu evolves to Raichu, although it'd be an interesting twist since Pikachu was a Pikachu since the very first episode.

Kirbychu
December 4th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I guess I can't expect much of Pikachu without a Light Ball, low base stats, it probably doesn't even have 31 IVs in all of its stats, and EVs are spread everywhere (probably not bad in the anime), but more power wouldn't hurt [hopefully].
That's probably going a bit too deep there. The writers probably don't even know that EVs and IVs exist.

Steel*
December 4th, 2010, 07:52 AM
That's going a bit too deep there. The writers probably don't even know that EVs and IVs exist.
Lol, that was supposed to be a [albeit bad] joke. That may be true, but one can dream that it's possible because I believe that it was stated that all pokemon, even pokemon of the same species, are different (not those words exactly) possibly because of IVs. It's also known that pokemon get stronger by battling possibly due to EVs gained. Either way I wasn't being serious and merely speculating, but it'd be nice to confirm if what I said was mentioned in the anime. I'll look out for that while re-watching season 3 and beyond.

Kirbychu
December 4th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Lol, that was supposed to be a [albeit bad] joke. That may be true, but one can assume that it's possible because I believe that it was stated that all pokemon, even pokemon of the same species, are different (not those words exactly) possibly because of IVs. It's also known that pokemon get stronger by battling possibly due to EVs gained. Either way I wasn't being serious and merely speculating, but it'd be nice to confirm if what I said was mentioned in the anime.
Haha, that went completely over my head. My sarcasm detector isn't quite functioning properly.

IVs could simply be the game's equivalent to natural talent, and EVs could really just be specific pieces of experience. That's how I always saw it anyways.

BW Spoilers
On topic, Pikachu hasn't been doing so good ever since it set foot in Unova. We can probably expect a new move, or some development from Ash soon (Development he'll just lose at the end of BW anyways).

Vernikova
December 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Just a thing I noticed about you so far I've been here, but when are you NOT serious?

When I speak to Jorah.

You never crack a smile (smiley online) or say an internet connotation pertaining to laughing; you don't seem like you have a sense of humor at all and the only thing close to that is probably your sarcasm, which isn't as easily detectable online.

I see.

You mentioning that it was cheating only added to that. I've only been here a few weeks or so, and so maybe I'm wrong.

I think you're very correct actually.

I guess I can't expect much of Pikachu without a Light Ball, low base stats, it probably doesn't even have 31 IVs in all of its stats, and EVs are spread everywhere (probably not bad in the anime), but more power wouldn't hurt [hopefully].

The writers would find a way to use that power against Pikachu no doubt.

AirBourne
December 4th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I don't want to see him evolve. Probably because Raichu, eventhough in some way it's the same Pokemon, It just wouldn't seem the same... The infamous "Pika... Pika... Chu!!!!!" whilst going for a Electric move. I don't see how it would be the same.

I'd cry if Pikachu evolved :')

Steel*
December 4th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Haha, that went completely over my head. My sarcasm detector isn't quite functioning properly.

IVs could simply be the game's equivalent to natural talent, and EVs could really just be specific pieces of experience. That's how I always saw it anyways.

BW Spoilers
On topic, Pikachu hasn't been doing so good ever since it set foot in Unova. We can probably expect a new move, or some development from Ash soon (Development he'll just lose at the end of BW anyways).
Well, it wasn't intended to be sarcastic since that's usually difficult to detect when reading even with a sarcasm detector lol. Yeah, that's one way to put the possibility of IVs/EVs into the anime, but I thought of another way. IVs - since even pokemon of the same species are different, this is attributed to IVs. 0-3 total IVs are passed down from each parent, which is similar to genes (see the breeding process in-game), but unlike real life, in which all genes are taken from both parents (some from each). Some IVs are random (see the guide to manipulating the RNG) and this is the difference between the game, which is completely fiction and the anime, which is based off the real world. EVs - battling different pokemon brings different experiences. I could say more, but then that would take up a lot of space.
Pikachu's weakness brings us back to option 1 and 2: holding a Light Ball or possibly the distant idea of evolution to Raichu (neither of which are realistic).

When I speak to Jorah.

I see.

I think you're very correct actually.

The writers would find a way to use that power against Pikachu no doubt.
There's nothing wrong with being serious or acting mature (so many people lack maturity at an age that calls for it and I find that annoying), but maybe you should lighten up a little bit. It's your call though, but I suppose you have a legitimate reason for why it is you are that way. I would have to agree with you about the writers finding a way to use that power against Pikachu. They always find a way to make Ash look like an amateur so why not? They don't want things to be imbalanced.

Vernikova
December 4th, 2010, 12:41 PM
They should've just given him rivals like Paul so they would have a reason as to why Pikachu loses. That would make Pikachu's loses seem more believable and less people would want him to evolve.

Becky
December 8th, 2010, 04:01 AM
NEVER!!!
Sorry. But I couldn't bear it!

avolonsaber
December 8th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Pikachu has proven his strengths time and time again. He doesn't need to become a Raichu because he beats Raichus(who else remembers seeing their favorite little mouse Agility its way across Lt. Surge's Gym ^_^). Pikachu has taken down a Dragonite, a Metagross, and other strong Pokemon it shouldn't have be able to, its proven its strength. Pikachu doesn't want to evolve, and I don't want it to either. Real talk.

Team Rocket's Raichu
December 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Yes, because it would be the first real plot twist the show ever had... well, besides Misty leaving but that's different.

BlazikenXD
December 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Pikachu is one of the main characters so I dont think Ash will evolve it but I do like Raichu better :)

Otherworld9)
December 23rd, 2010, 06:12 AM
Who thinks that Pikachu should evolve? Just throwing it out to make a new topic. I was curious, what if he evolves it to Raichu, it is a very small percent since Ash might not be willing to do so, but I just wanna' hear some opinions.

Mew~
December 23rd, 2010, 07:38 AM
This has been discussed so many, many times - Basically we a;; want it to evolve, but it never will because:

1) I doesn't want to. - It's had the chance to evolve twice after being beaten by two differen't raichus, but it wanted to prove it could stay strong without evolving.

2) It's the mascot of the whole franchise.

TheFuturePokemon
December 23rd, 2010, 09:40 AM
How many times are people going to ask this?

As far as I know Pikachu will never evolve.

It had a couple of times to but didn't.

Kirbychu
December 23rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
Please check around the forum before you make a thread, please. We already have a thread to discuss this topic. May I suggest the "search" button, located conveniently towards the top of the page?

clairemac10
December 25th, 2010, 06:45 PM
It would be interesting... but we would lose the mascot forever

loliwin
December 26th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Ash's Pikachu is already too powerful. If Pikachu evolved, Raichu would kill everyone in his path.

LuVrDiSC
December 30th, 2010, 05:43 AM
pika should do it for the huge stat increase and for raichu's cute LiL Pot-Belly! :pink_giggle:

GlitchCity
January 1st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Erm yes and no. Yes because I finally want Pikachu to grow up and become stronger, and maybe Team Rocket can give up on it since its not a pikachu (wait what?). And no because I think that pokemon will loose its charm. I mean can you really picture a giant Raichu balloon floating down the street at the Macy's thanksgiving parade?

Pokémon Grey
January 2nd, 2011, 12:46 AM
Ash's Pikachu is not strong it's very weeeeeaak
it got pwned by a Lv 5 Snivy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Tombo
January 7th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I don't think that it should evolve untill the very last episode.

VSigma100
January 7th, 2011, 05:29 PM
No. They've kept Pikachu, for over 400 episodes, I don't see why they would want him to evolve now. Plus Pikachu's my favorite Pokemon, so obviously, I wouldn't want to see him go. I would also think it would be weird without Pikachu. It feels as if he's needed for the show. Without him, Pokemon, would not be Pokemon. Ash and him are so close, it would be weird to see him with a Raichu.

WriteThemWrong
January 10th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Yes!! Evolve already so you stop losing to mamepatos and chillarmys

Amore
January 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Only if necessary. And by that, I mean at the end of Ash's journey. I'd do it like this:

Ash has finally reached the Final of a Pokémon League Tournament in Region X. He's locked in battle with a fiercely tough opponent. Pikachu's his last pokémon, is really struggling and can't overpower the opponent, who has one or two pokémon left. Pikachu limps back to Ash, and attempts to retrieve the Thunder Stone from Ash's backpack. Intimate moment with Ash and Pikachu, some screenshots of all the struggles they've overcome as "Ash and Pikachu", not "Ash and Raichu". Ash encourages Pikachu back into the battle, Pikachu charges forward, jumps into the air as Ash, holding up the Thunderstone dramatically, commands "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!", Pikachu sparks from his cheek, and glows slightly. At that exact moment, you get one of those dramatic freeze-frame/artistic panels they've been putting in the Sinnoh League (i.e. the one after Ash's battle with Paul) of Ash and Pikachu in their respective poses. Then the credits role (possibly extended ones featuring the original series' theme tune as well).

Yeah, I've been overthinking this.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
January 24th, 2011, 02:06 AM
In my opinion it's always a good thing to evolve Pokemon- they become stronger and faster, but sometimes when it is evolved, it becomes very ugly, example- Pokabu

Impo
January 24th, 2011, 02:40 AM
i find it funnier how strong pokemon fully evolved and all can be beat by a little electric mouse.

its good when you win, but better when the loser looks like an idiot. especially when the loser is a gym leader

Kirbychu
January 24th, 2011, 03:57 PM
In my opinion it's always a good thing to evolve Pokemon- they become stronger and faster, but sometimes when it is evolved, it becomes very ugly, example- Pokabu
Actually, Pikachu is probably one of the few Pokemon that's on par with its evolution. That is, if you give it a Light Ball.

KitKat13
January 25th, 2011, 01:30 AM
To be honest, I don't think Pikachu will evolve, but in the other hand, I don't like Pikachu to evolve, Pikachu had been Pikachu since the start, so why evolve? x;

ゼクロム
January 25th, 2011, 01:50 AM
If Pikachu evolves, it will ruin the whole series.

Regeneration
January 25th, 2011, 02:35 AM
It really irks me when people say Pikachu evolving that it would ruin the Anime or things along that line. Is there a particular reason why that would happen?

I think people are attached to Ash and Pikachu due to nostalgia. They just associate the Anime with Ash and Pikachu. Honestly speaking, the Anime would be a lot better if those two get replaced. Or maybe it's just my opinion.

vaporeon7
January 25th, 2011, 02:47 AM
No, in my opinion that would mean that Raichu's attack power would be less because I believe that Pikachu swallowed a Light Ball when it was young.

zekes
February 2nd, 2011, 11:13 PM
Yes I want Pikachu to evolve so that he can beat his opponent and to increase his agility and ability but I find him cute that way.

Black Prince
February 3rd, 2011, 05:31 AM
Honestly, I like Pikachu, but when he wins though he shouldn't, I don't agree.
It's like...He's lvl 1 Million, or even more !
All that to say he seems too strong for the lvl he must be.

So...Pikachu ? Evolving ? Yes, it would change. But justly, I don't think I would feel the same way. We saw him for sooo long, we followed the whole anime with him...Hmm...No, I don't want him to evolve.

In games, we have the possibility to stop the evolution of our pokemon, so it must be the same in the anime. Maybe Ash doesn't want Pikachu to evolve, and perhaps his pokemon thinks the same way ?
We did see some of his pokemons evolving, and Pikachu still hasn't.

Pokemon without Pikachu, isn't Pokemon.

Roughsponge
February 3rd, 2011, 08:10 AM
No, I like it that even though he's small he can defeat large, strong opponents with his skill and dedication to Ash. Plus, he's been a Pikachu too long to evolve now; the plot of whether or not he will evolve has been done twice now, and both times it's been proved that evolving won't make him happy.

I would rather they either just kept Ash & Pikachu the way they are or just replaced them both, which of course will never happen :P

Stormbringer
February 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Yes. If Ash had a Raichu, particularly an older and more powerful one, he might actually win a big match for once, instead of falling apart when things get tough. -___-

bwburke94
February 5th, 2011, 05:36 AM
You're all forgetting: LIGHT BALL! Anyway, Pikachu will never evolve.