PDA

View Full Version : Question: Reference Library?

Åzurε
September 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Where is it? I was looking through some of the old FAQ-type stuff, and it says there's a history sorta thing for PC there. And I can't find it! Searched and all that, but nothing. Link me?

Timbjerr
September 8th, 2010, 10:46 AM
As far as I know, the only "reference library" PC ever had was when the site changed from an old buggy database to its current one in 2003, the old database was kept around as a reference. To the best of my knowledge, the old PC has been completely erased by now. :/

Åzurε
September 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I am disappoint. D: I was gonna do some research on the early days of PC.

Ausaudriel
September 8th, 2010, 10:42 PM
As far as I know, the only "reference library" PC ever had was when the site changed from an old buggy database to its current one in 2003, the old database was kept around as a reference. To the best of my knowledge, the old PC has been completely erased by now. :/
^ Pretty much right. There was a copy of PC's old pre-2003 relaunch database available to look through but during the most recent server crash/move, it was lost. :/

I've asked Steve if there are any copies anywhere but he said he doesn't have access to one. The only chance of it still existing anywhere is if Kwesi somehow managed to save something that old somewhere. It's a pretty slim chance unfortunately. :(

Axєl
September 8th, 2010, 10:59 PM
If you use The Internet Way-Back Machine you can enter PC's URL there, and set the date back some years - if you just wanna lurk around the forum homepage, or some threads. However, it doesn't go back any farther than 2004. D:

Ausaudriel
September 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM
If you use The Internet Way-Back Machine you can enter PC's URL there, and set the date back some years - if you just wanna lurk around the forum homepage, or some threads. However, it doesn't go back any farther than 2004. D:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/pokecommunity.com
It goes back to 2002. o.O;

Axєl
September 8th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Whoah, when I tried I didn't remember it going back that far.

That's awesome. xD