PDA

View Full Version : Question: "Viewing user profile"

Dark Azelf
September 8th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I noticed that it says "Viewing user profile" instead of a name when someone views a profile sometimes (i saw Twilight Sky do it), what is the reason for that ? Just curious is all. x3

redsaber5859
September 8th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I noticed that it says "Viewing user profile" instead of a name when someone views a profile sometimes (i saw Twilight Sky do it), what is the reason for that ? Just curious is all. x3
Most likely to prevent stalkers-and for privacy reasons.

I'm glad that mods also get confused, it reminds me that they arent TOO different :D

Dark Azelf
September 8th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Most likely to prevent stalkers-and for privacy reasons.

I'm glad that mods also get confused, it reminds me that they arent TOO different :D

Well the thing is Twilight Sky isnt a mod so its kinda confusing lol

JakeyBoy
September 8th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Does it maybe mean their own profile?

wolf
September 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
If you look at an invalid or banned user (i.e. http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=Glitter%20Stain) it shows up as "Viewing User Profile." ;)

flight
September 8th, 2010, 02:49 PM
....lol! A thread about me! I feel so proud. ;___;

Well, I don't know if I should reveal it, or if it's some big secret or something. What I can say is that it has to do with URL re-adjustment, but I think a staff member would come and actually tell you more about it, cause I don't know if I'm allowed to or something. :(

------

...Actually not even some h-staff knew what I'm talking about and didn't even notice, so I might as well explain. xDD;

Edit: Actually, yknow the part where you like, have member.php?u=(random numbers here)? You replace the "u" with username=(the person's profile).

That should answer your question, D_A. ^^;

@Above post: It would still show if you're viewing a banned user. However, the link you provided had the "username=" in it, so it would hide the profile that you were looking at.