PDA

View Full Version : Question: Initial Account Names~

Kevin
September 9th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Question... What's an initial account name? I see some staff members like Morkula have initial account names, whatever those are. What are they?

shot571
September 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM
From what I can gather Im guessing that was his first name. Before you could change your username on PC so he probably changed it and that is what it was before

Aurafire
September 9th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Do you mean previous account names? Those are basically just a record of name changes people have had in the past. You can find them by going to their profile page or hovering over their name in a post, though they simply won't show up if the account hasn't had a name change.

Kevin
September 9th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Do you mean previous account names? Those are basically just a record of name changes people have had in the past. You can find them by going to their profile page or hovering over their name in a post, though they simply won't show up if the account hasn't had a name change.No initial account. Like Morkula's is MegaWobbufetRobo or something.

Azonic
September 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
probably their first username theyve ever had then. lol

jigglyppuff8
September 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
It also has "(manually added)", so keep that in mind.

IIRC, there was a time in PC where a username history didn't exist even if you got your name changed, so that's what I think that is about.

Kevin
September 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM
probably their first username theyve ever had then. lol
Then lots of people would have initial account names ;P

IIRC, there was a time in PC where a username history didn't exist even if you got your name changed, so that's what I think that is about.
Uhh, if no one else answers then I guess I'll ask them myself. =P

bna_li
September 9th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I haven't been around for a long time, so I haven't kept up with current affairs. Can't you change names anymore? That's lame.

Team Fail
September 9th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I get it. Look at Audy. It has a new name, but put your mouse over it and it will show his actual username. Maybe it's a new feature or something?

Timbjerr
September 9th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I get it. Look at Audy. It has a new name, but put your mouse over it and it will show his actual username. Maybe it's a new feature or something?

That's not a new username, just a different display name. Andy had a similar thingy a couple months back when he appeared as "Yoko Littner" in all his posts, but as "Arcanine" in his profile. XD

I'm guessing it might be a future feature for PC, having a display name different from your regular username. It would effectively be the same as the old name change system, but you'll still be rooted to your original username. :P

BTW: Mork's original username was "RoboMechaWobbuffet" iirc...whoever said "MegaWobbuffetRobo" was slightly off. XD

Ausaudriel
September 10th, 2010, 12:32 AM

Correct. Back before we had the name change system that stored the info in your profile automatically, we used usernotes to record everything. Obviously usernotes are only visible by staff, so yeah. Some people (particularly admins) have added that into their profiles too so people know.

If you had an account from all those years ago and your username changes aren't recorded, feel free to PM an admin and we can look at your usernote history and put that info into your public profile.

I'm guessing it might be a future feature for PC, having a display name different from your regular username. It would effectively be the same as the old name change system, but you'll still be rooted to your original username. :P
Definitely not. @_@; This was me being silly. :( Temporary and will be reverted to Ausaudriel in time.