PDA

View Full Version : School Uniforms, Like It?

Undertaker the Deadman
November 24th, 2004, 02:52 PM
At my school we have certain clothes we have to wear which I think is STUPID. We have to wear khaki pants or shorts, red white or blue shirts. For girls red white or blue shirts, and khaki skirts. So what do you think about uniforms? Do you like uniforms or not?

GVG
November 24th, 2004, 02:59 PM
When I think about it I do like uniforms cause we recently started wearing them. we've got to get used to a uniform u know? u can't go to work in your everyday clothing so I think it's good to have uniforms. They make the ones who look good stand out even more since everyone's dressed in the same clothes. They have disadvantages as well but I still like them

Shuckle
November 24th, 2004, 03:23 PM
no school uniforms. I like wearing what I want when I want.

Kayleigh
November 24th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I actually do like school uniforms, especially the sailor suits like they wear in Japan. They're so cute! ^_^ I wouldn't mind wearing them if I went to public school. I think that they help the students to focus on their work more, and they take away some of the peer pressure that a lot of people face because they're trying to look as good as someone else. And when the people are able to wear whatever they want, it can sometimes kind of distract them from what they're supposed to be paying attention to.

Jeremy
November 24th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I don't mind wearing school uniforms. I accutally don't care what I wear. XD I'm such a sloppy dresser. XD

November 24th, 2004, 04:13 PM
You and me both. Just kidding.

My school has a uniform: anything that doesn't go against dress code. I've got tons of stuff that do, though...:(

Mari
November 24th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Uh-uh! Mari does not like wearing school uniforms! XP

I don't really mind wearing school uniforms, if they consists of shorts or pants since I really pay no heed to whatever my article of clothing is. I just don't like wearing skirts or dresses. Sure, they look kind of cute, especially those kinds Kay-chan stated. But it really makes me uncomfortable. ^-^;;

LelandLancaster
November 24th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I personally don't have to wear uniforms, but I've heard good points about them from relatives. It seems like a simple and nice idea.

Ryoutarou
November 24th, 2004, 05:05 PM
At the last school I was in we had to war them. I liked them, they were kinda like the Japanese school uniforms of Kyoto. I still have mine XD

Cherrim
November 24th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I'm in a uniform school. ^_^;; At first, when I moved to Toronto and started attending a Catholic school with a uniformed dress code, I hated it. =\ Oddly enough, what changed my opinion was writing an essay against the uniform. XD All the evidence I had to debate against converted me, lol.

I guess the thing I like best about it is how I wake up in the morning and I don't have to worry about how my clothes look, whether they match, etc. I just get up, put my uniform on, and I go. It saves a TON of time in the morning... time that I put toward sleeping. ~_^ Secondly, it's just so much easier at school. Everyone is wearing the same thing, so you can't get made fun of for wearing cheaper or different clothes from everyone else. We do sometimes have "Civies" days, in which we wear whatever we want, though. Coincidentally enough, tomorrow happens to be one of those days. ^_^;;

My uniform is okay. Girls wear black pants, a white polo t-shirt, and a pullover. Guys are the same. I think a black turtleneck is part of the uniform too. o_O Up until this year, we were only allowed to wear dress shoes, which was incredibly annoying for walking up 3 flights of stairs all the time, but this year they changed it so we can weird running shoes. Mine have velcro! XD

Kyosuke
November 24th, 2004, 06:57 PM
I guess the thing I like best about it is how I wake up in the morning and I don't have to worry about how my clothes look, whether they match, etc. I just get up, put my uniform on, and I go. It saves a TON of time in the morning... time that I put toward sleeping.

Thats the upside of wearing them, Seeing how I'm lazy about my time management, I'm always late to my first class every mourning and its due to finding proper clothes to wear XD. But other then that, I can't stand to be dressed formaly and in a tie all day.

Cherrim
November 24th, 2004, 07:01 PM
My school apparently abused the ties (o_O??), so it's not part of the dress code anymore. XD;;

The uniforms are actually pretty comfy. ^_^; It's kind of annoying at first, but then you realize the benefits outweigh the whole... fashion thing. o_O It makes people resort to expressing their individuality through their personality instead of through the things they wear. ^^;

digi-kun
November 24th, 2004, 07:07 PM
dress code, but very vague...i think i like it better this way...

Eliana
November 24th, 2004, 07:33 PM
We have to wear skirts. o.O;; simple as that.

nadan the water queen
November 24th, 2004, 07:39 PM
uniforms r too protective. all the bad stuff about it is just life, not evry1 in the world goes around wearing the same things, now do they?

Flygon_Zero
November 24th, 2004, 07:59 PM
We had to, supposedly, wear uniforms at middle school. Watch how I said " Supposebdly" as no one wore them, and the security did nothing about it. After about a quarter into the year, they realized it best just to enforce dress code. From then on, anyone who broke dresscode was forced to wear a lime green shirt-provided by parents-that said, " TOMORROW I WILL DRESS FOR SUCCESS!:

CHeesy huh?

Teara
November 24th, 2004, 08:42 PM
I've never had to wear a uniform but I don't think I'd do well in one << I can zee where you'd think it'z a good thing with conzerving time and preventing people from being judged bazed on their clothz but there are zolutionz to both. If you really don't have five minutez in the morning to chooze your clothz you could alwayz juzt pick them before you go to bed. Az for popularity bazed on clothing, I don't know how your zchoolz are but the majority of "popular" people prefer to wear regular t-zhirtz. Zure, zome people wear preppy clothz, in fact, many people do, but not every day. There'z one guy who wearz the oddezt t-zhirtz I've ever zeen, but he'z zo friendly to everyone that he'z really popular.
I zuppoze I juzt really don't like to think about parting with my favorite jacket ;_;

Suzu
November 24th, 2004, 08:55 PM
No. all the schools in my parish have had to wear uniforms since I was in 2nd grade, public and privet. what I'd give to just have a dress code XD

Dark Magician
November 24th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I like 'em cause they make girls look so hot.XD

Kylie-chan
November 24th, 2004, 10:08 PM
^ Well, you are a flirty one, aren't you?

Um, well the material you have to use at our school is hot and thick, and really not suited to the Australian climate. (And i don't live up in the snowy areas.)

Uniforms can be ugly or nice, but I sorta like them. Otherwise, ppl would be pressurised to wear cool stuff, and get picked on for dress style, etc. Besides, it makes everyone belong.

But meh, a dress code would be nice. *imagines blue dress code and nice blue clothes but alas never gonna happen*

Composer of Requiems
November 25th, 2004, 12:00 AM
I like my uniform ^^
Full white, shirt is simple white with a pocket, pants... well, I like the long pants at least.
But, I've seen other schools with really terrible uniforms. I think, the designers of those uniforms should be... *censor*

Kylie-chan
November 25th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I think every uniform should just be a simple shirt and skirt for gals (kill the dresses!)... no, wait. Shorts/skirts - optional. I mean, girls have to hold their dresses/skirts down all the time at my school at recess and lunch and it's not fair and it's no fun. So optional. And a simple shirt in school colours with school logo.

Stuff the dresses! They drive me insane! *rips up one of her dresses violently*

IceKitten
November 25th, 2004, 02:48 AM
I liked wearing school uniform , I liked others wearing it too, maked them look smart instead of wearing overrated brand names XD

Tzuri17
November 25th, 2004, 06:15 AM
I hate school uniforms! luckly , my school didn't made the new uniforms for this year, so I can wear whatever I want.. :classic:

dumbthingy
November 25th, 2004, 07:25 AM
99% of schools in Germany don't have school uniforms =) Nah, I don't have any....

.Socks
November 25th, 2004, 09:37 AM
my school'z got a dress code too............But i always break it by forgetting not to where high heels.......XD ^-^;;;

espeon and umbreon
November 26th, 2004, 04:18 PM
I went to 3 schools. One in Japan and 2 in Australia. Well First school ( Japan) we didn't have uniforms. But when it was P.E time, we had to wear sport uniform. 2nd one was either shirt with school symbol printed and short or skirt. Or dress. Third school ( now) has geeky uniforms. It's shirt with button with ribbon and skirt short or short ( if you're a girl) or a dress ( if you're a girl) Boys wear shirt with school symbols with belt and short and school socks. But on Thursday and Friday, we had to wear school uniform which is green shirt with school symbol, blue short and school scoks with sneakers.

EDIT: I dislke uniforms.

Ciera
November 26th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I want school uniforms... We debated this in class once, and I still voted yea....

Greed
November 26th, 2004, 04:32 PM
In my high school, I don't have a dress code. But I don't mind uniforms. As long as they don't force all girls into skirts O_o I always wore the dude uniform. :3

*dies*

Cherrim
November 26th, 2004, 04:39 PM
I'm with you there, CaRtOON. oO; We aren't allowed skirts in my school since apparently the girls abused them, but if we were, I wouldn't wear them. @_@; Actually, I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I can wear the guy pants. ;_; They've got pockets AND belt loops. I'm so jealous.

Alex_
November 26th, 2004, 05:01 PM
We dont have dress codes, but we have certain things we can't wear. Like boys arent allowed to wear baggy pants. And girls arent allowed to wear pants with words on the butt, which i think is kinda stupid.

.Socks
November 26th, 2004, 05:56 PM
I HATE DRESS CODES!!! I can't where my best shoes! xD :3 *huggles high heels*

Kelsey
November 26th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Well, I think some uniforms are OK, like Kagome's school uniforms. They actually look very stylish to me. ^_^ But I think it limits how a kid can express themselves, for they have to wear the same clothes every single day, and see everyone else wear the same outfit too. Talk about identity theft. XD

~Kelsey

Kiri
November 28th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I HAVE AWFUL UNIFORM! We must be the only school in england who wears blazers and kilts.

Virtual Headache
December 11th, 2004, 03:33 PM
we don't have to waer uniforms at my school
I wouldn't care if we had to, I just don't care about clothes...

carrielynn
December 11th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Luckily, I've never had to wear a uniform. If my school got uniforms, I'd have to switch schools or somehow get around it. I absolutely refuse to wear a skirt. It's just jeans for me. :P

deathbyalice
December 11th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I like Japanese school uniforms!

ryan
December 11th, 2004, 06:25 PM
i would love to be forced to wear a suit to school, but anything less than a suit (or a sportjacket and slacks with a tie and nice shirt) would be lame. so, it's either suits or no uniforms.

Shana
December 11th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Well I go to a public school, so...no. xD

Mr Cat Dog
December 12th, 2004, 06:07 AM
I absolutely hate my uniform. I've argued many a time to our headmaster about the absolute disgust schoolwide about htem, but he's a deaf as a doorknob so there's no real point. Although there are good points to it, like Lightning said, IMO, the bad points outweigh the good ones. It's incredibly uncomfortable, unnecessary and unwanted. Period XD

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
December 12th, 2004, 07:51 AM
No, uniforms hender creativity and will cause rebellion!!! Well, maybe not, but who wants to wear some corny uniform, especially if everyone else was wearing the same thing.

Knuckles
December 12th, 2004, 09:08 AM
No. You wanna know why? Well in the state I live in...you have to wear white and blue.(White Shirt and Blue Pants) Well...if you get something red while you're eating..and it happening alot.....it don't come off. Then everyone calls you a pig. :p I just wear any clothes I want.

goth_espeon3
December 12th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Hey! I kind of do like the uniforms at my school. Now, that doesn't mean I would choose them over wearing what we want to school. Having uniforms is pretty cool, I mean you don't have to worry about what you're going to wear in the morning, especially if those uniforms are just T-Shirts with the name of your school on them.
Sawrah

goth_espeon3
December 12th, 2004, 09:56 AM
By the way, I forgot to say that I go to public school.
Sawrah

winnie
December 12th, 2004, 10:00 AM
hello...lol
uniforms....hmmm...
to me it depends what the uniform is, if its like all these blazers and smart trousers and stuff then no thanks. at our school we got to wear:

light blue polo t-shirt (with the "Q" logo, as our school is called Queensbridge)
Navy blue trousers (preferably with no pockets)
Navy blue jumper with the "Q" logo
and flat shoes (black or brown)

The uniform was alot better before we changed the head teacher (principal) we used to be allowed to wear trainers to school and the jumpers weren't that horrible. Now the uniform is just plain annoying, i know it makes everyone equal but it's working in uncomfortable clothes is very annoying. :\

GYM LEADDER A
December 12th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I like uniforms they are good.

Miyu-chan
December 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM
They are good sometimes... And bad other times... I'm just neutral. o.o;