• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that need sequels

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
what games in your opinion need a sequal? i think that the game the legend of dragoon needs a sequal.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
^A lot of people want a sequel for that game. I've played most playstation RPGs, but haven't tried that one out.

Shemnue II (Dreamcast) - This one NEEDs a sequel. It was suppose to be a trilogy, yet because of the extremely high development cost of the first game and the lackluster sales of the second one, the final game has never been released. There have been rumors from time to time, but it seems as we may never get to play the final part. Sad, because both were brilliant games.

Skies of Arcadia - I loved this game. It got great reviews and was even re-released on the Gamecube, yet I'm surprised a sequel or even another entry has never even been in talks. Sky pirates ftw!

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
^A lot of people want a sequel for that game. I've played most playstation RPGs, but haven't tried that one out.

Shemnue II (Dreamcast) - This one NEEDs a sequel. It was suppose to be a trilogy, yet because of the extremely high development cost of the first game and the lackluster sales of the second one, the final game has never been released. There have been rumors from time to time, but it seems as we may never get to play the final part. Sad, because both were brilliant games.

Skies of Arcadia - I loved this game. It got great reviews and was even re-released on the Gamecube, yet I'm surprised a sequel or even another entry has never even been in talks. Sky pirates ftw!

legend of dragoon was a brilliant and excellent game on the playstation. you have to play it if you ever get the chance to either on ROM or finding a copy somewhere.

another game that needs a sequal is a the 360 game enchanted arms. loved that game.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
Sakura Taisen needs moar translated games.

.hack needs the sequel it deserves, as do the original Harvest Moon games.

Medabots, though the series is dead... Needs a sequel. I enjoyed the games.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
legend of dragoon was a brilliant and excellent game on the playstation. you have to play it if you ever get the chance to either on ROM or finding a copy somewhere.

another game that needs a sequal is a the 360 game enchanted arms. loved that game.

I'll probably buy it eventually since it doesn't cost much, and I'm sort of a collector when it comes to games.

Lol, Enchanted Arms was alright. It was definitely a challenging game, but the voice acting and the way the characters looked kinda bothered me.

Last edited:

The S

The Reverend
Years
Psycho Fox, Streets of Rage (yes, it's had two, but Sega's virtually ignored it since then), Battle Fantasia, Astyanax, TMNT Smash-Up, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Years

In a similar scenario (Bar the high development costs), Viewtiful Joe. Another game that looked like being a trilogy, but the studio closed down before the third was in produciton. A huge shame, as both were very good.

Psycho Fox, Streets of Rage (yes, it's had two, but Sega's virtually ignored it since then), Battle Fantasia, Astyanax, TMNT Smash-Up, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Yes to Streets of Rage, so long as it's more like the second (Didn't like the third that much in comparison).

I'd love to see a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day, a game that was praised to no end by almost everyone who played it, but the sales never took off. I don't think Live and Reloaded ever took off either (Though that wasn't a sequel). If both weren't released near the end of their respective consoles life, I think they would of sold more.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd love to see a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day, a game that was praised to no end by almost everyone who played it, but the sales never took off. I don't think Live and Reloaded ever took off either (Though that wasn't a sequel). If both weren't released near the end of their respective consoles life, I think they would of sold more.

I second this notion.

I'd like to see a follow-up to (surprise, surprise) Mother 3. I know it's a third, but I don't see it as a direct sequel to Earthbound since Ness isn't really involved (unless you consider that hotdog salesman to be Ness!) so I'd love to know what happened to Tazmily after the events of Mother 3.

Then again, that would ruin the end of Mother 3, since we're left to decide what happened. Hmm.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Knights of the Old Republic. I have been waiting for a sequel for that game for nearly 6 years now. It was left with a cliffhanger ending along with so many unexplained areas of the story from both the first and second games. The entire ending was practically screaming "SEQUEL"

Instead, they sold out and made an MMO of the game instead, where the plotline is barely connected. Even worse than that, there's the terrible offence of charging a monthly fee so I can't even afford to play it just for the sake of seeing if it's bearable. It's like World of Warcraft has come along and hijacked my favourite game series. If I got emotional over games, then this would be the first one to make me cry.

Still hoping for a real sequel. Even though it's futile to hope at this point.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
The Freespace series needs a 3rd installment.... Freespace 2 had several simulator missions leading up to Freespace 3, and what happens to Bosch!

Sigh I would like to see the Sci Fi space combat sims revived and I don't mean overly complex ones that are out there now... I want to have fun and managing a company/resources.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
inb4 TWEWY. Which may actually be a possibility, thus spake Nomura...

Another KotOR installment would be fun.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Tales of Symphonia doesn't particulary need a sequel because heck, the sequel that it was given was good... but diappointing at the same time.. What it actually needs is a prequel, in which we play through the course of the Four Seraphims' life.

Even though the game would have a terribly sad ending, it would be really enjoyable to play (I'm hoping), and it'll actually give us exactly what happened 4000 years in the past, and in what order.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Megaman Starforce 3. Actually, it does have a nice ending, but I just wanna play more. XD I mean, Geo found his dad and happy ending, but there are still mysteries in the EM world that never been answered yet. ;-;

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I'm really suprised this hasn't come up yet-Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.
Also I think Star Fox needs to get on the wii. I want to fly using the wii remote.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Megaman Starforce 3. Actually, it does have a nice ending, but I just wanna play more. XD I mean, Geo found his dad and happy ending, but there are still mysteries in the EM world that never been answered yet. ;-;
Eep! I can't believe I forgot this.

...Point taken, but still.

Ace/Joker never did wrap up everything. Dad's back, but nobody ever went back to Planet AM (and all that entails, the Sages, King Cepheus, Mega's backstory), or resolved the Noise issue or Solo's relationship with Geo. And they never revealed the voice that's been guiding Megaman through post-game since Battle Network (Maybe Duo, but I don't know).

And for heaven's sake, does Geo get Luna or Sonia?

Years
This game doesn't need a sequel so much as it needs a successor: Sim City 4. Fans, such as myself, have been awaiting a game worthy of supplanting it. We may have found one in Cities XL, but it's not quite what we were looking for probably because all of the game mods we've become accustomed to just gave so much more depth to Sim City 4.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Rocket: Robot On Wheels for Nintendo 64. A very fun platformer IMO. :D Maybe Sucker Punch will attend to this in the near future...?

And Pokemon Stadium 2 majorly needs one. Battle Revolution did not live up to standards. The next "3D Pokemon console entry" should either be reminiscent of Pokemon Stadium 2 (minigames, free battle, and sequential battling like Gym Leader castle) or Pokemon Colosseum/XD (story mode and battling).
Personally, I think free battling, sequential battling, story mode, and minigames could all be combined to make one heck of a game. :D

Back