PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS or the Game Boy Advance/SP

Arcanine
November 24th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Ok what do you thing is better over all (the price the games and everything about both of them) The NDS or the GBA/SP?

Timbjerr
November 24th, 2004, 05:46 PM
The NDS by far...it offers better graphics and improved hardware

Brittany
November 24th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Do you mean the current price, or the price when first released?

Either way, I think NDS is better than the GBA[SP]

Arcanine
November 24th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Do you mean the current price, or the price when first released?

Either way, I think NDS is better than the GBA[SP]
When game systems first came out.

And I also like the NDS better then the GBA/SP.

Kyosuke
November 24th, 2004, 06:11 PM
I agree, NDS seems to be a favourite around alot of people, even after just coming out. Even some adults who basically call a Nintendo handheld a "kid" portable seem to enjoy it based on reviews that I read. But the thing I don't like is how Gba SP is basically being shunned now, Nintendo said that NDS was not suppose to be a new "Gameboy", but just to be something new, but it really is, seeing how there is a Gba port for its games. And the dramatic price drop of the Gba SP.

Burne Starcofski
November 24th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I say they're equal right now. The DS is better, but it's missing a collection of games. But things should look a lot higher up by Christmas.
(Maybe they might throw in a new color as well!)

TRIFORCE89
November 24th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I don't have an AGS, but I do have a NTR. So, since I can't entirely compare, my vote goes to the NTR.

Kipkip
November 24th, 2004, 07:13 PM
I like the DS better as fare as what I've seen. I don't have it yet though.

PGN
November 25th, 2004, 04:38 AM
NDS all the way! *Must wait 'til Christmas to get one -_-*

Neo-Dragon
November 25th, 2004, 05:38 AM
NDS- I have both- Sp and the DS

Ds is way better.

TechieT
November 25th, 2004, 07:21 AM
o.O you can't really compare them. You can play GBA games,yes, but you can't use the link cables and support for the Original and Color GB is only on the GBA...
Besides, there's not many games out for the DS yet, so we have to wait some more.

*has DS and GBA*

Brittany
November 25th, 2004, 09:06 AM
o.O you can't really compare them. You can play GBA games,yes, but you can't use the link cables and support for the Original and Color GB is only on the GBA...
Besides, there's not many games out for the DS yet, so we have to wait some more.

*has DS and GBA*
Yes you can compare them.

They both have their strong points, so we choose(and compare) them to choose which one we like better

Allstories
November 27th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Yeh, DS would be flawless in comparison if it had GB/GBC support.

Alex_
November 27th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Well, they both have their pros and cons. But the DS is way better IMO.

Brittany
November 27th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Well, they both have their pros and cons. But the DS is way better IMO.
Heh, another DS supporter. Has anyone said GBA yet?

Cherrim
November 27th, 2004, 01:16 PM
If you asked me last night, or early this morning, my answer would have been the GBA.

But... I got to play with my friend's DS (sorry - I'm never gonna remember that acronym XD) in class today and it was like.. OMG YOU CAN SET IT TO JAPANESE!! o_O; Pictochat is so cool! And the graphics are amazing, and I love the little pen, and it's fun to put the games in and out, and... and... and... *spazzes* @_@ I want one now!! ;-;

But I still love my wittle baby SP~ ^_^

BigBoss
November 27th, 2004, 01:43 PM
DS is is much better than the SP. I like it alot better!

Jade Seraphim
November 27th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I just got a platinum SP of my own the other day. I love it so. But I tried the DS at Gamestop the other day...Metroid was AWESOME on it.

TRIFORCE89
November 27th, 2004, 03:20 PM
If you asked me last night, or early this morning, my answer would have been the GBA.

But... I got to play with my friend's DS (sorry - I'm never gonna remember that acronym XD) in class today and it was like.. OMG YOU CAN SET IT TO JAPANESE!! o_O; Pictochat is so cool! And the graphics are amazing, and I love the little pen, and it's fun to put the games in and out, and... and... and... *spazzes* @_@ I want one now!! ;-;

But I still love my wittle baby SP~ ^_^
Who has an NTR in your Japanese class? Not that I know any of their names, but...

I've yet to use Pictochat, I'm afraid of random people popping up. LOL

*has been playing Super Mario 64 DS a lot recently*

Cherrim
November 27th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Aaron had it. This other guy did too, but I have no idea who he was. o_O; They were chatting with PictoChat, so that was kinda cool. (And Aaron had his language set to Japanese. xD It was awesome!)

I like the minigames on Super Mario 64 DS. ^_^ Especially the one where he goes down and follows the lines and you have to make him get the star instead of being eaten by the pirhanna plants. *spent a good 10 minutes of class time playing that* x3 I just adore how smoothly the lines are added~ That thing is amazing. @_@

TRIFORCE89
November 27th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Aaron had it. This other guy did too, but I have no idea who he was. o_O; They were chatting with PictoChat, so that was kinda cool. (And Aaron had his language set to Japanese. xD It was awesome!)

I like the minigames on Super Mario 64 DS. ^_^ Especially the one where he goes down and follows the lines and you have to make him get the star instead of being eaten by the pirhanna plants. *spent a good 10 minutes of class time playing that* x3 I just adore how smoothly the lines are added~ That thing is amazing. @_@
I like the one where you have to draw trampolines. *will eventually try to beg his mom to let him bring his NTR to school so you can play it*

Vf1aBattaloid690
November 27th, 2004, 04:58 PM
NDS w/o question. honestly, its like choosing between making friends or enemies

Spectrum
November 27th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Without a doubt, the DS. ^_^

Cherrim
November 27th, 2004, 05:36 PM
NDS w/o question. honestly, its like choosing between making friends or enemies Lol, that's a good way to put it. ^_^;

Honestly, if the backwards capability of playing GBA games hadn't been added, then maybe the results would be skewed slightly. As it is now, it's like choosing between a bowl, and a bowl with ice cream in it. =x It's a no brainer unless you hate ice cream~

Timbjerr
November 27th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Lol, that's a good way to put it. ^_^;

Honestly, if the backwards capability of playing GBA games hadn't been added, then maybe the results would be skewed slightly. As it is now, it's like choosing between a bowl, and a bowl with ice cream in it. =x It's a no brainer unless you hate ice cream~

I'm lactose intolerant. ;_;

I soo want a DS so badly. One thing I'm wondering though, what kind of medium are the games on? From what I've read defore, I picture like the same kind of thing that's used as memory cards for digital cameras...

TRIFORCE89
November 28th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Lol, that's a good way to put it. ^_^;

Playing GBA games isn't big factor in my opinion. You can use the multiplayer mode! That's a big drawback.

Vf1aBattaloid690
November 28th, 2004, 09:25 AM
And lets not forget about picto chat! That thing is awesome!

Arcanine
November 28th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I'm lactose intolerant. ;_;

I soo want a DS so badly. One thing I'm wondering though, what kind of medium are the games on? From what I've read defore, I picture like the same kind of thing that's used as memory cards for digital cameras...
What do you mean by medium? Size or what type they are on? It's kind of like the cards you have with digital cameras.

Oh and here is a pic I made of a GBC game, a GBA game and a DS game (to show the size of the DS Cards).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/FinalHearts/DSgame.jpg

Timbjerr
November 28th, 2004, 08:32 PM
What do you mean by medium? Size or what type they are on? It's kind of like the cards you have with digital cameras.

Oh and here is a pic I made of a GBC game, a GBA game and a DS game (to show the size of the DS Cards).

That's just what I was trying to find out. I knew that's what they were, but i wasn't sure...

Vf1aBattaloid690
November 29th, 2004, 08:31 AM
SO the games are that small? and how did u get ahold of one?

Arcanine
November 29th, 2004, 02:19 PM
SO the games are that small? and how did u get ahold of one? Yea and they are like half the width of a GBC/GBA game.
And how did I get a DS game? A demo of Metroid comes with every Nintendo DS.

DayDreamer
November 30th, 2004, 08:50 AM
It's pretty obvious that the NDS is better! After all it's backwards compatable meaning it can play GBA games too. I may be bigger but with an anormous amount of new abilities such as touch screen, better graphics, Microphone, send messages the GBA/SP is nothing compared to it.

Intuition
December 1st, 2004, 12:44 PM
the DS looks better, but I'm not really into the DS atm.. So I like GBA more I think :D

Crimson_Blade
December 1st, 2004, 01:00 PM
I'm starting to like the DS instead of the SP. But the sucky part about having DS is I don't know anybody else that has it so I don't know what the multiplayer is like.

Draik
December 5th, 2004, 02:53 PM
DS I'm getting one a week before Xmas and I played one, it is way better than my GBA in my opinion.

Chesters_love
June 8th, 2006, 05:01 AM
The NDS by far...it offers better graphics and improved hardware

you cant play color games on NDS so i like sp

Allstories
June 8th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Duuuude. Don't bump two-year-old threads for pointless one-line answers.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 8th, 2006, 05:29 AM
As per Allstories - don't necromance old threads. This message declares thread closure.