PDA

View Full Version : How to get transparent background on pics online?

Soph
November 24th, 2004, 09:08 PM
I have a question, I think it belongs here not in the art forum. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get the backgroind of a pic to stay transparent when you upload it to the internet. I have a program I use to extract my pics so that there is no white box around them, no canvas, just the picture. I wanted to upload them to the net so that I can post/use them without the white box, like this pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/PokeSoph/Mewna2.png
Only without the white box around it. I just want the character, not the white box. But every time I upload a pic that I extracted the image host just gives it a white background anyway.

HOW do I stop that happening? Its really annoying!!!!!! Can anyone help?

Crimson King
November 24th, 2004, 09:30 PM
the way i do it is i erase the background so that the pic is just by itself and then i copy and paste it into Animation Shop and save it as a gif and it should stay transparent

PichuSecretBase
November 25th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Okay you hafta have a good image program. Make evreything you wnat trasnparent lime green. Then Save For Web >> GIF >> Select Transparency Color and then type in that lime color. PSP is a great program for it.

There I did it for you. You must click the image because the thumb nail has a black bg but it is transparent trust me :3

AZSupraT
November 25th, 2004, 06:33 AM
YOu need to use photoshop and save it as a png, then if you have somthing w/like a drop shadow it can even see through that also. I just figured this one out last week

aRedMoon
November 25th, 2004, 08:30 AM
.gif also works, if it's simple stuff.

You can't do it in paint.

And this belongs in the art forums, not here.

Arcanine
November 25th, 2004, 09:07 AM
*Points to JK's post above*
*Moved*

jynx
November 25th, 2004, 11:04 AM
draw in oekakist without using white, the pic will b transparent

Stevo-kun
November 25th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Hey do you mean like this and Im sorry if I wasnt aloud

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/PVsSprites/Mewna2.gif

PM me if you wanna know how to do it Soph ok ^_^. Just tryin to be helpful.

Pokemon_Veteran

PichuSecretBase
November 25th, 2004, 07:06 PM
This belongs in the computer forum >> God Andy read my rules XDDDD *chuckles and walks off*

Soph
November 25th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Hey do you mean like this and Im sorry if I wasnt aloud

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/PVsSprites/Mewna2.gif

PM me if you wanna know how to do it Soph ok ^_^. Just tryin to be helpful.

Pokemon_VeteranThat's great, thank you so much Pokemon_Vetran, for the help you gave in a PM ^_^

PichuSecretBase
November 25th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Ykow I made one too >> Bleh whatever *walks off*

Stevo-kun
November 25th, 2004, 08:23 PM
That's great, thank you so much Pokemon_Vetran, for the help you gave in a PM ^_^

Your welcome XD. I always like to help ^_^.

Pokemon_Veteran

Soph
November 25th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Ykow I made one too >> Bleh whatever *walks off*O_O;;;;; SORRY BRANDON I really appreciate yours too ;_; i'm sorry I missed it when I was skim-reading (im in class, I cant do thorough readings X_X) *feels bad now* -_-

PichuSecretBase
November 26th, 2004, 04:26 AM
No No it's alright XD *laughs and walks off*