PDA

View Full Version : Will Seviper stay through Best Wishes?

Vernikova
September 18th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I was looking back at threads that I created because I'm so not excited about anything at the moment and I found this thread. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=172513) So looking at the terrible Gen V Pokémon, there doesn't seem to be a snake Pokémon at the moment for Seviper to evolve into or anything.

Does this mean that it will stay for another saga like it did in Sinnoh? Or will Jessie release it and catch another Pokémon?

Guy
September 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
As far as this generation goes, it won't have any ties such as pre-evolutions or evolutions with the past generation Pokémon. With the anime, it seems they're trying to break away from a lot of their old characters and whether this means some of the Pokémon like Seviper, I'd say it's possible. Jessie has had it for awhile now, and with a new generation, she's sure to get something new.

Plus, with their new look, and apparently new role as more competent villains, I'd assume she might earn new Pokémon and release her old ones for whatever reason it might be.

Vernikova
September 18th, 2010, 07:13 PM
What do you mean by it won't have "any ties such as pre-evolutions or evolutions with the past generation Pokémon"? I don't understand.

Guy
September 18th, 2010, 07:25 PM
What do you mean by it won't have "any ties such as pre-evolutions or evolutions with the past generation Pokémon"? I don't understand.
Black and White's Pokémon are all new, none of them are related to the older generation Pokémon by having any new pre-evos or evolutions. So, Seviper won't have an evolution or pre-evolution as goes the same for all the other past generation Pokémon. :\

...And if the anime goes the same path in that they'll at least try to showcase more of the newer Pokémon far more than the older ones, then Jessie may end up giving up Seviper at some point.

But the same could be said to James' Pokémon too.

Vernikova
September 18th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I wonder if the writers will just have Team Rocket leave their Pokémon behind and have them start fresh all together. No point in having different episodes to release all of these Pokémon so early on. And a single episode to release all of the Pokémon would seem stupid but I wouldn't put that idea past the writers.

Bluerang1
September 19th, 2010, 01:16 AM
No. Seviper doesn't fit in with the Isshu ecosystem. But oddly enough, Pikachu does. http://www.insidebigbrother.net/ultimate/wp-includes/images/smilies/dull.gif

mervyn797
September 19th, 2010, 03:09 AM
I guess Jessie would release Seviper. There are quite some sinister looking Pokemon in Isshu. Meguroka for example.

GFA
September 19th, 2010, 04:50 AM
No. Seviper doesn't fit in with the Isshu ecosystem. But oddly enough, Pikachu does. http://www.insidebigbrother.net/ultimate/wp-includes/images/smilies/dull.gif

Yeah, I don't like it either (smae goes for Meowth, but that's different). James and Jessie will have to bring one Pokemon a piece though right? I mean how else will they catch new Pokemon in Isshu?

PlatinumDude
September 19th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Considering the fact that Jessie had Seviper with her just as long as Ash had Bulbasaur with him, I'm guessing that she might release it at the early/mid stages of Best Wishes. It's possible that Jessie will replace it with a member of the Fushide line as her main Pokemon.

Zenith95s
September 19th, 2010, 05:55 AM
If I can think, Jessie SHOULD release Seviper, 'cause (If I remember) it is going on from two regions right?
And she should probably get a new cool Pokémon.

GlalieX
September 19th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Nah, I'm imagining it'll be eliminated.

Vernikova
September 19th, 2010, 08:49 AM

Does it have too? It'll be in its Poké Ball most of the time.

Jessie will probably bring Wobbuffet since she's had that since Johto. Don't know about James.

Bluerang1
September 19th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Does it have too? It'll be in its Poké Ball most of the time.

Jessie will probably bring Wobbuffet since she's had that since Johto. Don't know about James.

Actually, I think Wabbuffet is a dead gag now. It wasn't part of the new artwork...

Jorah
September 19th, 2010, 09:46 AM
It's going to be a sad episode if Wobbuffet leaves. He's hardly popped up in Sinnoh, but in Hoenn and Johto he was pretty funny. I used to love Jessie's love/hate thing going on with it, which seems to have vanished now. I don't care if Seviper leaves, but I think it's time it did go as it seems to be sitting there doing nothing and pretty much became uninteresting after its capture episode.

Vernikova
September 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Actually, I think Wabbuffet is a dead gag now. It wasn't part of the new artwork...

I wonder how they're going to explain where all of Team Rocket's Pokémon went since they can't just leave with Team Rocket. Maybe they'll leave them at one of the many summer homes James has.

I mean how else will they catch new Pokemon in Isshu?

I'm starting to think they're going to be given Pokémon by Team Rocket. Or maybe they'll actually successfully steal some Pokémon?

Bluerang1
September 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I wonder how they're going to explain where all of Team Rocket's Pokémon went since they can't just leave with Team Rocket. Maybe they'll leave them at one of the many summer homes James has.

Another point to raise. I doubt James will have a home in Isshu. Since it's far away and all... I doubt it's as far away as they make out. Like, what's Cynthia doing there? (Gamewise).

weedle_mchairybug
September 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Maybe his family has one in Isshu.

I'm starting to think they're going to be given Pokémon by Team Rocket. Or maybe they'll actually successfully steal some Pokémon?

Didn't Team Rocket steal some of Aaron's bug pokemon?

Vernikova
September 19th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Another point to raise. I doubt James will have a home in Isshu. Since it's far away and all... I doubt it's as far away as they make out. Like, what's Cynthia doing there? (Gamewise).
I was thinking maybe if they leave the Pokémon somewhere in the other regions such as where his Chimecho is.

Maybe his family has one in Isshu.
I don't know anymore. It would be a pretty crappy way to get rid of them either way.

Didn't Team Rocket steal some of Aaron's bug pokemon?
I'm pretty sure he got them back. By stealing Pokémon I mean taking them and keeping them for the rest of the series or something. Not an episode or two.

GFA
September 19th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Well the art shows Jessie with the bat, and it sure looks like TR will be more prominent, so who knows.

Zet
September 19th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I think both Jessie and James will get new pokemon, especially James since he's pretty much been everywhere in the pokemon world.

Neelh
September 20th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Jessie has to keep Wobbuffet, but all the rest will LEAVE FOREVAAH!!!

StuartyBoy
September 20th, 2010, 11:05 AM
2 Be Quite Honest I Think There Should Be An Evolution Or Pre Evo For Seviper Also
Tauros Aswell...

Neelh
September 20th, 2010, 11:09 AM
2 Be Quite Honest I Think There Should Be An Evolution Or Pre Evo For Seviper Also
Tauros Aswell...

You have a point. If Seviper ends up with an evolution, then it'll probably go on into Isshu. If Tauros gets one, it'll arrive back on Ash's team.

Vernikova
September 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM
You have a point. If Seviper ends up with an evolution, then it'll probably go on into Isshu. If Tauros gets one, it'll arrive back on Ash's team.

For some retarded reason, the previous generation Pokémon aren't going to get evolutions and stuff or so I've been told. It's a shame really since it's stupid to do so.

GFA
September 20th, 2010, 04:43 PM
No. It's wonderful. It's because BW take place in a far away land so they don't have the same Pokemon. BW will be like the original season of Anime. AND IT WILL BE AWESOME.

Jorah
September 21st, 2010, 12:09 AM
For some retarded reason, the previous generation Pokémon aren't going to get evolutions and stuff or so I've been told. It's a shame really since it's stupid to do so.

Hoenn did the same thing. It goes with the whole starting afresh thing that BW's going for.

mervyn797
September 21st, 2010, 01:49 AM
Hoenn did the same thing. It goes with the whole starting afresh thing that BW's going for.
You are not quite right on that one. Heard of Pokemon called Azurill or Wynaut? Hoenn was connected to the previous regions that way. Isshu does not have any connection with the previous regions.

But still that doesn't mean that Seviper has to leave.

Jorah
September 21st, 2010, 01:58 AM
I was right about the evolutions :P

Edit: As it seems people are going to misinterpret this post, I know preevolutions makes the difference between Hoenn and Isshu.

Vernikova
September 21st, 2010, 01:50 PM
No. It's wonderful. It's because BW take place in a far away land so they don't have the same Pokemon. BW will be like the original season of Anime. AND IT WILL BE AWESOME.

Except the Kanto series had bad pacing and bad battles making it a terrible series.

But still that doesn't mean that Seviper has to leave.

Considering that she's had it since Advanced Generation I'd have to say otherwise since it does nothing and should go.

mervyn797
September 21st, 2010, 09:38 PM
Considering that she's had it since Advanced Generation I'd have to say otherwise since it does nothing and should go.
If Pikachu can stay throughout the Anime, why can't poor Seviper? Yeah I know that the only purpose it serves is comic relief, but that is true for the entire Team Rocket Trio as well. And I know I'd get the obvious reply that Pikachu is the brand mascot where as Seviper isn't. XD;

Vernikova
September 22nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
If Pikachu can stay throughout the Anime, why can't poor Seviper? Yeah I know that the only purpose it serves is comic relief, but that is true for the entire Team Rocket Trio as well. And I know I'd get the obvious reply that Pikachu is the brand mascot where as Seviper isn't. XD;

Because Pikachu is a staple on the show now unlike Seviper who doesn't appear in every episode. Sadly of course. Team Rocket is a whole other mes that I don't want to think about though.

Guy
September 23rd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Apparently no one in Team Rocket has any of their old Pokémon, not even the annoying, blue blog, Wobbuffet. :\ The quote below is from Sushi at BMG explaining Team Rocket's talk with Giovanni in the second episode. So, this leaves room for new Pokémon to step in. To be honest, I was expecting this after Team Rocket threw that ball of smoke in the preview earlier on.

Originally Posted by Sushi
Wait, no one explained what happened to TR's Pokémon yet?

They didn't disappear (obviously), but it's unlikely they'll appear in Isshu. During their phone talk with the boss in BW002, it was revealed that they'd deposited their Pokémon at the headquarters. But when James asked have them sent over, the secretary refused and told them to get Pokémon native to Isshu; otherwise they'd look suspicious with all those Pokémon that the people of Isshu have rarely (if ever) seen before. That's why there was that monologue with Meowth wondering if he'll be fine, seeing how he isn't an "Isshu Pokémon" either.

Thorns
September 23rd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Well it looks like Hiiro just solved that question. XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
September 23rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
That's odd Serebii has Seviper under Jessie's current team including Yanmega and Wobbefet...

TheFuturePokemon
September 23rd, 2010, 06:00 PM
That's odd Serebii has Seviper under Jessie's current team including Yanmega and Wobbefet...

so does bulbapedia..........

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
September 23rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
so does bulbapedia..........
It's either a big mistake or Seviper is with Jessie still which makes me happy because I like Seviper :)

TheFuturePokemon
September 23rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Nope probably not. In the second episode of best wishes Jessie uses koromori and not seviper..

Haza
September 23rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
I can imagine one of Team Rocket having the croc family but istead of it being really BA it'd be a flop. I hope Seviper stays tho. I have always liked it.

Astinus
September 23rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
I hope Seviper stays tho. I have always liked it.
Doesn't seem likely. Team Rocket has to capture new Pokemon for the reason stated in the quote Hiiro shared.

And the rest is spoiler'd just in case people want to keep it a surprise.

And Jessie already caught a Koromori, and she was the only one to use a Pokemon in the battle against Ash. James couldn't fight, and they even started off using Meowth to battle because they were so desperate for Pokemon.

mervyn797
September 23rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
It's either a big mistake or Seviper is with Jessie still which makes me happy because I like Seviper :)
Maybe they are just slow when it comes to updating. XD;

And Jessie already caught a Koromori, and she was the only one to use a Pokemon in the battle against Ash. James couldn't fight, and they even started off using Meowth to battle because they were so desperate for Pokemon.
Oh my! James doesn't have a Pokemon? XD; I hope Koromori will do a job better than that of Seviper. The Rocket Trio seriously need some tough Pokemon if they are to become a threat in Isshu.

Dooonerz
September 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
Could it be possible to release another pokemon apart from Seviper (like wobbufet?). Because I really like Seviper :)

mervyn797
September 23rd, 2010, 10:01 PM
Could it be possible to release another pokemon apart from Seviper (like wobbufet?). Because I really like Seviper :)
From what I know as of now, all of Team Rocket's old pokemon are leaving. That, sadly includes Seviper as well. Neither do I want it to leave. :'(

Haza
September 23rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
Well in that case I see James getting one of these
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/568.png

yossarian
September 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I don't really care too much for Seviper however I'm sligtly more annoyed about Wobbuffet's departure. I'm going to miss that stupid blue blob; to me he became as integral part of TR as Meowth is.

Some of my favourite episodes ever were the Wobbuffetcentric ones in Johto and even though he was getting less airtime in Sinnoh I still thought he brought a lot of humour and charachter to Team Rocket.

Meh, I think if you're going to makes excuses for Meowth and Pikachu, you should make one for Wobbuffet.