PDA

View Full Version : Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Guy
September 27th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Oh, hello there fellow Pokémon Anime fans. You're probably in this thread, because you have some questions you would like to ask. Or perhaps, you see a question here that needs answering, and you may be just the person to help. For whatever reason it may be, welcome to the FAQ and Simple Help thread.

What will you find here?
Well, that's simple. Within the first post, there will be various answered questions that are brought up from time to time that you may have on your mind. This would be the the FAQ part of this thread. For questions not answered in the FAQ, you may ask it here. While this may not be the most active sticky, it is here to help clear the clutter of those once in a while one answer says it all threads.

What kind of questions can be asked? - Obvious, but questions about the Pokémon Anime (i.e. episode titles, air dates, characters, etc)
- You're also welcome to ask questions about this section and even suggest ideas you may have.
- Questions that are not permitted here are "Where can I watch episode ___?" And for those who do ask, a given answer with a link to an illegal site that contains Pokémon episodes will lead to a given infraction for Illegal Content.
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is the Pokémon Anime?
Pokémon (Pocket Monsters) is a series of video games originally thought up by Satoshi Tajiri based around the adventures of a boy or girl (The playable characters) who set out to try and become a Pokémon Champion. The Pokémon animé is a television series based off of these games in order to promote them further. The animé series follows the adventures of a boy named Ash Ketchum (Satoshi) from Pallet Town (Masara Town) with his trusted companion Pokémon, Pikachu as he tries to achieve his dream of becoming a Pokémon Master.

Why doesn't the animé follow the story of Pokémon Special?
The animé was created before Pokémon Special and as a result doesn’t follow this manga’s story.

How old is Ash? Is he still 10-years-old? Or is he 11?
Ash is a ten-year-old boy. This was re-confirmed by the narrator at the beginning of the Japanese debut of the series Pokémon Best Wishes.

What is the "official" gender of Ash's Pikachu?
Ash's Pikachu is 100% male.

Will Ash ever become a Pokémon Master? Will he age? Will he ever be replaced?
According to Masamitsu Hidaka, the former Director of the animé and a current storyboard artist, if Ash does become a Pokémon Master it would signify the end of the show. It was also stated that he wouldn’t be replaced nor would he ever age.

How old are the other main characters? Are any of them older than Ash?
The only main character confirmed to be older than Ash is Brock (Takeshi) who is 15-years-old. Misty (Kasumi), May (Haruka), Dawn (Hikari) are also 10-years-old. Tracey Sketchit (Kenji) doesn’t have a revealed age and Max (Masato) is 7-years-old. The age of Iris and Dento are currently unknown.

What is a "Pokémon Master"?
The term has never been explained in the animé at any point.

When will the animé end?
It is unknown when the animé will end. Most fans believe it will be when the games it is based off of stop being made.

Will Misty ever return as a main character?
According to Masamitsu Hidaka, she will not return as a main character.

Who is Ash’s father? What about Dawn's?
Ash’s father is a Pokémon Trainer traveling on his own who may or may not appear later on in the series. It is unknown who Dawn’s father is.

Why can Pikachu's electric attacks harm Pokémon that are immune to them?
Pikachu's first win against a Pokémon that was immune to its electrical moves was Brock's Onix. While it may have looked as though Pikachu's electric-type moves affected Onix, in perspective it was Pikachu's attack that set off the sprinkler system which caused Onix to be drenched in water. Another famous victory that Pikachu gained was its battle against Rhydon, which rose the well-known quote, "Pikachu, the horn!" As Rhydon's weakness is its horn - a certain type of metal. In other cases, Ash's Pikachu is considered to "far exceed its evolutionary level," or so it was said by Meowth, which leads to the case that this Pikachu in particular is relatively "a special case."

Why did the voices change?
In 2006, 4Kids Entertainment lost the rights to the animé and the dubbing had to be handled by Pokémon of America (Now The Pokémon Company International). The voice actors were changed because they couldn’t work on the new dub due to alleged contract reasons.

Does the animé use numeric levels?
No, the animé doesn’t use numeric levels. The idea was brought up during the 9th episode of the Original Series “The School of Hard Knocks” (Pokémon Victory Manual) while the animé was originally made only to be up to the end of Kanto.

Why don't characters catch Legendary Pokémon? Takuto did.
In the anime, it is said that the capture of a Legendary Pokémon may lead to great catastrophe. This has been shown in the case of Lawrence III in Pokémon 2000 trying to capture the three Legendary Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres). At the same time, it has been shown that a capture of a Legendary Pokémon may not cause any harm; an example being, Brandon, who owns the three Regis. In the case of the main characters, it is said that if Ash obtains a Legendary he will be too powerful or he may focus so much on the Legendary Pokémon, that there will be less focus on his other five. While there is no exact answer for why the main characters don't catch any Legendaries, there are a various amount of reasons why they shouldn't or may not ever.

What do you mean by "Original Series"? Are there any more series?
"Original Series" is simply a term used to describe the time when Ash was traveling through Kanto, the Orange Archipelago, and Johto. Episodes within this series are labeled as "EP###" most of the time. The “Advanced Generation” is a term used to describe Ash’s adventures though Hoenn and Kanto, while he was challenging the Battle Frontier, and the episodes are usually labeled as "AG###". The “Diamond and Pearl” series is a term for Ash’s adventures in Sinnoh. The episodes in this series are labeled as "DP###". “Best Wishes” is a term for Ash’s adventures through Isshu and the episodes are labeled as "BW###".
The Different Series FAQ
Original SeriesWhat was the first episode aired in Japan and America? When did they air?
The first episode aired in Japan was EP001 "Pokémon - I Choose You!", which aired on April 1, 1997. The first episode aired in America was EP015 "Battle Aboard the St. Anne" (Battle of the St. Anne!) on September 7th, 1998.

How long was the Kanto saga, the Orange Archipelago saga, and the Johto saga?
The Kanto saga took place between EP001 "Pokémon - I Choose You!" and EP081 "Pallet Party Panic" (Masara Town! Setting Off on a New Journey!).

The Orange Archipelago took place between EP082 “A Scare in the Air!” (Blimp Accident?!) and EP116 “The Rivalry Revival” (Rival Showdown! Satoshi VS Shigeru!). Shigeru is Gary for those who were wondering.

The Johto saga took place between EP117 "Don’t Touch That ‘Dile" (Wakaba Town! Where Winds of a New Beginning Blow!) and EP274 "Hoenn Alone!" (Parting With Pikachu…!). Wakaba Town is New Bark Town.

What‘s so important about Ho-Oh?
There is no significant meaning behind Ho-Oh. It is mainly a plot device to show that Ash is special. Some believe it is used to symbolize the start of a new adventure; seen when Ash started his journey, and again when he left to Hoenn with Pikachu alone.

What happened to the GS Ball?
The GS Ball was a device to have Ash go to Johto in the first place. The writers originally intended for Celebi to be in the GS Ball but dropped that idea and instead put Celebi as the star of the fourth movie.
Advanced GenerationHow long was the Hoenn saga? What about the Kanto Battle Frontier?
The Hoenn saga was between EP275/AG001 "Get the Show on the Road!" (A New Land! A New Adventure!!) and EP419/AG145 "Pasta La Vista" (Fighting Dojo! Satoshi VS Haruka!).

The Kanto Battle Frontier began with EP420/AG146 "Fear Factor Phony" (Esper VS Ghost!! Midnight Duel!?) and concluded with EP466/AG192 "Home Is Where the Start is" (End of a Journey, and Then the Start of a Journey!). Esper is the Japanese term for Psychic-type Pokémon and Ghost is Haunter’s Japanese name.
Diamond and PearlHow long was the Sinnoh saga?
The Sinnoh saga began with EP467/DP001 "Following A Maiden’s Voyage!" (Setting Off! From Futaba Town to Masago Town!!) and concluded with EP657/DP191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!". Futaba Town is Twinleaf Town and Masago Town is Sandgem town.

Was there an arc between Diamond and Pearl and Best Wishes?
No, the Diamond and Pearl series lasted four years since it first aired and was followed right after by Best Wishes. This is about the same time it took the Advanced Generation and Battle Frontier arc to finish.
Best Wishes / Black and White
How long is the Best Wishes series? Has it aired in English yet?
Best Wishes aired on September 23, 2010 in Japan. The saga begins with BW001 "To The Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" but has yet to end. The air date for its English premier was February 12, 2011 as a one hour special.

What happened to Brock?
Brock is no longer a main character in Best Wishes. After the Diamond and Pearl Saga, Brock decided to head back to Pewter and work on becoming a Pokémon Doctor.

[Written and compiled by Hiiro]

femtrooper
November 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM
It seems to be very easy to find many of the orchestrated music from Pokémon these days due to many CD releases, but this one is hard to find!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQt1J8YMBHc&p=263BB10C579F3251&playnext=1&index=3

The song starts at 2:26 and I absolutely love it! It's usually when something crazy happens, or someone evolves, or is about to beat somebody, etc. It's really epic. lol

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!! A simple YouTube link would be great, or somewhere I could buy it would be great too!!!

If you know of a place where I could get more music from the Kanto/Johto seasons that would be excellent! There are many songs from the shows that I have yet to find!

Guy
November 3rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
Hmm, I would probably suggest trying to find the Original Soundtrack first. This you can find through Wikipedia or if you're interested in purchasing it, then perhaps you can give Amazon a try.

Shooting a suggestion on who better to ask, but Jorah is like my Pokémon Anime Sountrack Guide; or in acronyms, PASG. :]

Vernikova
November 3rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
It's not on the original soundtrack.

Meaning it's either an after-Kanto piece, a movie piece, or dub only.

femtrooper
November 3rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the help for sure! I don't believe that it's on the original soundtrack and it's on the new soundtrack that was released in September (the best of 10 years one). This may be tricky! Oh well!

Vernikova
November 4th, 2010, 03:13 AM
It's not on that one either.

You should try to watch that episode in Japanese and see if the song is there in that version.

smilewolfy
November 4th, 2010, 04:24 AM
I have a question, in the original opening of the anime, in season one, when pikachu is running past people, who is the girl in the um, i think orange shirt or something, not sure bout that, did she even appear in the anime, coz i saw every episode i'm pretty sure, and also in pokemon chronicals when richy meets silver [the old guy with chikorita], he talks about ash and silver's reaction seems like he knows ash, but i don't remember an episode or movie with him meeting ash, and i googled it but i couldn't find a character description of that guy, if he didn't meet ash, i don't know if this bit is allowed, i'm pretty sure but still, i think he could be ash's father, even though that was answered, anyway hope my questions can be answered easily, thankyou

Gumball Watterson
November 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I have a question, in the original opening of the anime, in season one, when pikachu is running past people, who is the girl in the um, i think orange shirt or something, not sure bout that, did she even appear in the anime, coz i saw every episode i'm pretty sure, and also in pokemon chronicals when richy meets silver [the old guy with chikorita], he talks about ash and silver's reaction seems like he knows ash, but i don't remember an episode or movie with him meeting ash, and i googled it but i couldn't find a character description of that guy, if he didn't meet ash, i don't know if this bit is allowed, i'm pretty sure but still, i think he could be ash's father, even though that was answered, anyway hope my questions can be answered easily, thankyou

To your first question, no she never appaeared in the anime. She was just a random girl to fit the Japanese lyrics of the original theme song which includes trying to find Pokemon under the skirts of girls -_-

I can't answer your second question since I wan't much of a fan of Pokemon Chronicles, but I'll do some research once I'm out of my school filtering system >__>

Vernikova
November 4th, 2010, 01:07 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Silver_%28anime%29

It's not known how he knows Ash.

CliveKoopa
November 8th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Just something I've wondered/noticed. Why aren't there any referees in any of the Kanto gyms. Lt. Surge has a voice-over for a referee offscreen but other than that, none of the Kanto gyms seems to have a referee like future gyms.

Amore
November 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
They just never introduced them in Kanto...

As far as I know they were an advanced generation / late Johto thing to make it all seem more "proper" and "officiated"

mervyn797
November 9th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Just something I've wondered/noticed. Why aren't there any referees in any of the Kanto gyms. Lt. Surge has a voice-over for a referee offscreen but other than that, none of the Kanto gyms seems to have a referee like future gyms.
The gym leaders themselves decided the judging of a battle then. They do seem to be qualified enough to do that.

sfalpharyu
November 13th, 2010, 03:32 AM
I recently aquried this pokemon chronicles series. The first 3 episodes was about jimmy which looks like the dude from Gold an Silver. I kept watching for a few more episodes to hopefully see more cool trainers and all i see is like brock or misty. Was curious if it shows any uncommon trainers again? Is this series worth finishing if im looking for non average trainers?

PlatinumDude
November 13th, 2010, 04:57 AM
There's actually more in Pokemon Chronicles than just Brock and Misty. Gary, Tracey, Ritchie (Ash's Indigo league rival), Sakura and Casey (Johto characters of the day) also make appearances if I remember correctly.

mervyn797
November 13th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Is this series worth finishing if im looking for non average trainers?

I find Pokemon Chronicles quite interesting, and since there are just 23 (?) episodes, it wouldn't be a bad idea to watch the entire series.

sfalpharyu
November 13th, 2010, 10:40 AM
ok cool after the few episodes I was beginning to think that there wasnt any non mains other than jimmy in which is way cooler than ash imo lol

Vernikova
November 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
The sub version aired last Thursday on TV Tokyo man. You missed it so sucks for you bro.

TheFuturePokemon
November 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM
So I got a question. Does Pikachu electricity come from it's checks or its tail?

Kenshin5
November 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
It's checks. It has been stated in Pokedex entries that it produces electricity from the sacs on its cheeks. I believe it said this when Ash encountered Pikachu for the first time and used his Dex to analyze Pikachu.

TheFuturePokemon
November 28th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Ok, Does Pikachu still know Thunder?

mervyn797
November 29th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Yes, it should know that move, though Ash hasn't used it in the recent past. Pikachu used it for the first time in Episode 42: Showdown at Dark City. Also, remember that Thunder Armour used by Pikachu on himself, riding on Ash's Swellow while battling Solrock and Lunatone?

2x3i5x
December 1st, 2010, 04:10 PM
Black City and White forest are game version exclusive areas which are on the same route. Is the anime going to make them separate places?

Vernikova
December 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM
Most likely. No reason to promote an area of one version and not promote an area of the alternate version.

Kenshin5
December 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
We really cannot say at this point if those two areas will even be shown. Same with the Illusion Forrest. Not all areas in the game are shown on the anime like Sky Pillar, I don't remember if they showed Mt. Pyre either. I don't think they ever showed Victory Road unless that was what Ash and Co where on when he faced Otoshi and Marowak in episode 73. I am sure there are other instances of areas that where not shown.

PlatinumDude
December 1st, 2010, 07:45 PM
I agree with Verkinova; it'd be neat to show Black City and White Forest in the anime. They could be right next to each other.

Becky
December 3rd, 2010, 02:34 PM
I was watching season 1 and it got up to the episode 'Holiday Hi-Jinx' (think it is this one). Ash released Charmander to battle Jinx. I was confused that he released Charmander because it had evolved to Charizard?. The next episode had Charmander as well. What went on here?. I never quite understood it.

Sorry if in wrong section :)

Asrodrig
December 3rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
I noticed that too. I think it's just a continuity error, maybe because the Christmas episode was made before Charmander evolved...

shininglatios217
December 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
They had to change the episode order because the Porygon incident happened before they could air this episode (Electric Soldier Porygon aired at December 16th, 1997 and Holiday Hi-Jynx was going to air at December 23rd, 1997).

Sorry if I misspelled something or if I wasn't clear, I'm still learning English.

Becky
December 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
thanks for the info! I looked through the episode list and you're right.
I thought Charmander de-evolved lol

Kenshin5
December 4th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I was re-watching all anime from the beginning and I noticed in Episode 12 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad Ash had a Gun(s) pulled on him, as he also did Episode 35 Legend of Dratini. Only difference is Episode 35 was banned in America and Episode 12 was not. All they did in 12 was change up the dialogue to make it seem less serious, they didn't even edit out the guns or the scene which they very well could have in both. But the choose to ban one and keep the other that doesn't make too much sense to me. Also my second question is even if they are banned in regular broadcasting does that mean they are excluded from the DV's?

Kirbychu
December 4th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I was re-watching all anime from the beginning and I noticed in Episode 12 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad Ash had a Gun(s) pulled on him, as he also did Episode 35 Legend of Dratini. Only difference is Episode 35 was banned in America and Episode 12 was not. All they did in 12 was change up the dialogue to make it seem less serious, they didn't even edit out the guns or the scene which they very well could have in both. But the choose to ban one and keep the other that doesn't make too much sense to me. Also my second question is even if they are banned in regular broadcasting does that mean they are excluded from the DV's?
Legend of Dratini had guns everywhere, and it was banned for other material as well. Team Rocket held a man hostage in this episode and had a gun pointed right next to his head, and Meowth had a Hitler-esque mustache. This scene here should show you why the episode was never aired in the US. There's one swear word in there, but I don't believe that's actually what James was saying.

v/9fT1YROmSGI

And yes, the banned episodes are not featured in DVDs.

Mew~
December 13th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hmmm... okayyyyy.

Thing is, I chose to do a horror story for an assessment for English in school. Now, what I need is name names of the containment pods mewtwo was in at the start of the movie (before he smashed it) the same thing the clones where stored in before he called them out. Thanks.

Mahou Tsukai
December 18th, 2010, 11:58 AM
The scenes with intense flashing could've been toned down or removed and this episode re-aired.

But this didn't seem to have happened, why?

Mew~
December 18th, 2010, 12:22 PM
It wasn't just the note of the actual episode, and was more serious than any other episode. It wasn't just boob's a gun or racism. It caused 800 japanese children to go into hospital. The show was put of a 4 month stop and Nintendo was blamed for it. The episode in general was banned in all other countries, so 4kids didn't have the change to edit it, they couldn't. Another reason probably was because the flashing lights, etc, probably went on for quite a while, so if they cut it out, it would end up being around 10 mins.

PlatinumDude
December 18th, 2010, 11:35 PM
^Pretty much that. I don't blame Porygon for giving the 800+ kids the seizures, they were caused by Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

Kirbychu
December 19th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Merged with the FAQ thread.

It wasn't just the note of the actual episode, and was more serious than any other episode. It wasn't just boob's a gun or racism. It caused 800 japanese children to go into hospital. The show was put of a 4 month stop and Nintendo was blamed for it. The episode in general was banned in all other countries, so 4kids didn't have the change to edit it, they couldn't. Another reason probably was because the flashing lights, etc, probably went on for quite a while, so if they cut it out, it would end up being around 10 mins.
It's pretty much this. The reason it hasn't been aired is most likely nothing more than common courtesy. Airing the episode would have been extremely disrespectful, and the Japanese government did place a worldwide ban on the episode. According to Maddie Blaustein a safer dubbed version does in fact exist, it just can't legally be aired.

Meduza
December 19th, 2010, 12:44 AM
They could easily cut out the part with the seizure scene and it wouldn't effect any part of the episode.

I just hate how Porygon and it's evolutions won't be able to appear on T.V due to this incident.

newbiefan
December 20th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Hi, first post here, and I was wondering if ya'll could help me identity a Pokemon episode I've been trying to track down.

I can't remember the exact plot, but Ash and the others enter some sort of Quiz bowl/game show, and Jessie and James tie up the real hosts and take their place so they can sabotage the whole programme. I think it ends with a bomb being set off or something.

I know that isn't terribly descriptive, but I'd really appreciate if anyone knew which episode I was thinking of. Thanks in advance!

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/175.gif

Mew~
December 20th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Even though you've posted this in the wrong place im sure Im allowed to answer if this gets moved.
Im not quite sure if I can remember an episode like that, can you remember what region it was or who were his companions at the time?

newbiefan
December 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM
OOps. My apologies to the mods.

I don't remember the exact era, but it was definitely after the initial series. Possibly Joto or past that phase.

Maybe I'm confusing two stories. Anyone remember a story where Team Rocket tied up some guys and assumed their place? Because I'm pretty sure I remember that part.

Mew~
December 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hmmm... this will be a tough case, lemme think. There was an episode in kanto, but you've noted it's in johto or further.
"The Punchy Pokémon" Team rocket stole a mans Hitmonlee and tied him up, left him in a locked toilet so they could use his fighting type pokémon in a fighting type tournament.

Kirbychu
December 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM

This really isn't that descriptive. It would help if you could give us just a bit more info. ^^;

newbiefan
December 20th, 2010, 07:59 PM

This really isn't that descriptive. It would help if you could give us just a bit more info. ^^;

Hmm...I don't remember much about it. I'm really sorry.
I just remember that they were at some sort of gameshow/quiz bowl type thing, and Jessie and James took over as the hosts, and the whole thing ended with the building the contest was in blowing up I think.

JALEEMEE
December 21st, 2010, 07:07 PM
Hey guys, Im new to the Pokecommunity so Hi. lol. So I was wondering if anyone had a list of the pokemon episodes with tournaments in them. I love those episodes, they are just battle after battle. Thanks!

Mew~
December 22nd, 2010, 01:36 AM
Hey guys, Im new to the Pokecommunity so Hi. lol. So I was wondering if anyone had a list of the pokemon episodes with tournaments in them. I love those episodes, they are just battle after battle. Thanks!

Well, i've got nothing better to do:

Indigo League Tournament:
076: All Fired Up (Opening)
077: Round One! Begin! (Start)
078: Fire And Ice!
079: Fourth Round Rumble!
080: A Friend In Deed!
081: Friend And Foe Alike!
082: Friends To The End (End)

Whirl Cup Tournament:
217: Octillery The Outcast! (Opening & Start)
218: Dueling Heroes
219: The Perfect Match! (End)

Silver Conference:
267: Pop Goes The Sneasel (Opening)
268: A Claim to Flame! (Start)
269: Love, Pokemon Style!
270: Tie One On!
271: The Ties That Bind!
272: Can't Beat the Heat!
273: Playing with Fire!
274: Johto Photo Finish (End)

Hoenn League Tournament:
402: Like a Meowth to a Flame (Opening)
403: Saved by the Beldum (Start)
404: From Brags to Riches
405: Shocks and Bonds
406: A Judgment Brawl
407: Choose It or Lose It
408: At the End of the Fray (End)

Sinnoh League Tournament:
650: An Old Family Blend! (Opening)
651: League Unleashed! (Start)
652: Casting a Paul on Barry!
653: Working on a Right Move!
654: Familiarity Breeds Strategy!
655: Intense Fighting Full Battle! Ash VS Paul! (Not aired in english yet)
656: Rival Battle Conclusion! Ash VS Paul! (Not aired in english yet)
657: Sinnoh League Semi-Final! Darkrai Appears! (End) (not aired in english yet)

JALEEMEE
December 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Well, i've got nothing better to do:

Indigo League Tournament:
076: All Fired Up (Opening)
077: Round One! Begin! (Start)
078: Fire And Ice!
079: Fourth Round Rumble!
080: A Friend In Deed!
081: Friend And Foe Alike!
082: Friends To The End (End)

Whirl Cup Tournament:
217: Octillery The Outcast! (Opening & Start)
218: Dueling Heroes
219: The Perfect Match! (End)

Silver Conference:
267: Pop Goes The Sneasel (Opening)
268: A Claim to Flame! (Start)
269: Love, Pokemon Style!
270: Tie One On!
271: The Ties That Bind!
272: Can't Beat the Heat!
273: Playing with Fire!
274: Johto Photo Finish (End)

Hoenn League Tournament:
402: Like a Meowth to a Flame (Opening)
403: Saved by the Beldum (Start)
404: From Brags to Riches
405: Shocks and Bonds
406: A Judgment Brawl
407: Choose It or Lose It
408: At the End of the Fray (End)

Sinnoh League Tournament:
650: An Old Family Blend! (Opening)
651: League Unleashed! (Start)
652: Casting a Paul on Barry!
653: Working on a Right Move!
654: Familiarity Breeds Strategy!
655: Intense Fighting Full Battle! Ash VS Paul! (Not aired in english yet)
656: Rival Battle Conclusion! Ash VS Paul! (Not aired in english yet)
657: Sinnoh League Semi-Final! Darkrai Appears! (End) (not aired in english yet)

You are the greatest! I love you! Thanks!

KiteRunner13
December 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hey everyone, new to the forums :)

Just wanted to ask for some peoples opinions on the cheapest/best place to buy new or used box sets of all the seasons. I'm looking to eventually own all of them so i'm looking to find the best place to pick them up. So far the best places i've found are craigslist to hope for someone in town or ebay... but i don't really like paypal.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
-Kite

Mew~
December 23rd, 2010, 04:18 AM
Well my only advise would be to check around local DVD stores etc, if you want them really cheap then I would recommend ebay or amazon (Considering you make a paypal).

If you live anywhere in the UK then try around a local HMV store, they have loads of Pokémon DVD's.

KiteRunner13
December 23rd, 2010, 06:48 AM
Good idea on the video stores, i'll have to try and remember all of the ones in my town and go visit them tonight after work.

Amazon doesn't seem to have the 6-11 range of seasons which is what im in a huge need of right now. And Ebay has a few listings for the 6-11 seasons but they are mostly international and slightly overpriced for me.

I bought seasons 1-2 for 50$ from a guy in town - found through craigslist
I've found seasons 3-5 for 80$ as a bundle online and will probably buy them soon.

I'm hoping to pay a similar price for the other ones.

ponyboy
December 23rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
1. how old is conway?
I'm wondering how old he is because he looks like an adult,yet he's hitting on dawn often. the thing is that an adult hitting on a kid isn't approiate for shows oriented for children. so is he realy 18+ or is he younger than he looks.

2.Did May travel in johto by herself?

3.How old is misty?

Regeneration
December 23rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
1. I don't think Conway's age has been revealed as of now.

2. Yes, she did. I'm not very sure whether Max was with her. /poor memory

3. 10. EP 003 stated that she was 10 whereas if you consider the Manga, she is 12.

vaporeon7
December 24th, 2010, 12:05 AM
2. May did travel alone and Max is at the Petalburg Gym helping take care of the Pokemon.

PlatinumDude
December 24th, 2010, 12:38 AM
1. It hasn't been mentioned yet, but I'm guessing that Conway is around 17 or 18.

2. My guess is yes, May traveled in Johto on her own.

3. We don't know yet, but Misty is around as old as Ash is, possibly older.

Kenshin5
December 24th, 2010, 10:38 AM
1. It hasn't been mentioned yet, but I'm guessing that Conway is around 17 or 18.

2. My guess is yes, May traveled in Johto on her own.

3. We don't know yet, but Misty is around as old as Ash is, possibly older.
1. That would be kind of creepy since he is attracted to Dawn whom is a 10 year old. I would shoot for him being 13-14 at the most.
2. Regeneration & vaporeon7 already answered this, so yes May indeed travels on her own.
3. Yes we do, read the previous posts particular Regeneration's. She is the same age as Ash which is 10 and in Electric Tale of Pikachu she is 12.

TheFuturePokemon
December 24th, 2010, 10:47 AM
3. Yes we do, read the previous posts particular Regeneration's. She is the same age as Ash which is 10 and in Electric Tale of Pikachu she is 12.

This information wasn't stated in the dub version.

Regeneration
December 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM
This information wasn't stated in the dub version.
We usually consider the original, Japanese version of the Anime for accurate answers.

Fithboy
December 24th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Will Pokemon SLV be aired today? It is Christmas and I was wondering if it will be a double bill, just normal or just not on at all.

Before you say pick up the TV guide, I'm not American, and I'm just watching the Dub Version of SLV every week on Youtbe.

Kenshin5
December 24th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I am not completely sure what you mean by Pokemon SLV. But the next Dub is set to Air January 8th.

Gumball Watterson
December 24th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Sinnoh League Victors will not air this Saturday. Next episode appears to be on the 8th of January.

TheFuturePokemon
December 25th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Sinnoh League Victors will not air this Saturday. Next episode appears to be on the 8th of January.

That sucks, because I was looking forward to the next two episodes.

Hardback247
December 29th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I'm trying to do my own custom English subtitle track of the first Pokémon movie from the original Japanese cut. I've went to some websites showing me what sounds the symbols make when I had the Japanese subtitle track on, but when I realized that they were for the English dialogue, I tried to follow along and listen to the Japanese dialogue so that I could type them in Google Translate. Unfortunately, the spoken words go by too fast for me to do any Japanese to English translating. The truth is, I don't even know any Japanese! Does anyone have a copy of the original script of the movie in Japanese before 4Kids did their own version?

Gumball Watterson
December 29th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Ummm... let me get this straight. You're trying to make a sub of a movie that's already been dubbed and you don't know any Japanese to even begin with?

TheFuturePokemon
December 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Ummm... let me get this straight. You're trying to make a sub of a movie that's already been dubbed and you don't know any Japanese to even begin with?

sigh...people these days.

In Best Wishes will Iris(like in white) be the last gym leader or Shaga (in black)

Hardback247
December 29th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Not exactly. I just noticed that at two points in my already English-subtitled movie in Japanese, the same line was shown in English, but they were both pronounced differently by the voice actor. How do you explain that? I also attempted to listen to the dialogue and syllables, and used the Hiragana dictionary of symbols, but they didn't translate very well at all with the English subtitles. Does anyone have the original non-4Kids script written in Japanese so that I could translate the words better?

Oh, and another thing: I use Google Translate.

Mew~
December 30th, 2010, 05:31 AM
In Best Wishes will Iris(like in white) be the last gym leader or Shaga (in black)
Nothings been confirmed about that yet. In my opinion I just think they will use whoever is the last Gym Leader in the third game, like they did the with 8th gym leader in Hoenn.

Hardback247
December 30th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Well? Is anyone around to answer my questions?

Gumball Watterson
December 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM

Nope. Your question doesn't deserve to be answered now :)

Kirbychu
December 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM
There's no need to re-post your question, please just be patient. It's possible that we might not have what you're looking for. We're not genies, contrary to popular belief. :)

Anyways, is this (http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Pokemon-Mewtwo-Returns.html) what you're looking for? It's the best I can do.

Hardback247
December 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM
That's great and all, but it doesn't have a translation for first ten minutes with young Mewtwo and Aitwo (Ambertwo).

Mew~
December 30th, 2010, 04:08 PM
That's great and all, but it doesn't have a translation for first ten minutes with young Mewtwo and Aitwo (Ambertwo).
I found this (http://copycat.lidonet.net/birthofmewtwo3.html), bare in mind this is from the CD drama, it is still the same thing from the scene in the Movie if I am correct.

Hardback247
December 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Do you think I should have subtitles mention the Japanese or English names of the characters? For example, should I have them say "Satoshi" or "Ash"?

Kenshin5
December 30th, 2010, 07:21 PM
If it is for an English audience it is a good idea to use the name they are most familiar with. I believe all the Subs I have seen though refer to him as Satoshi though.

Hardback247
December 31st, 2010, 06:00 PM
Two questions:

1. I'm at the point when Jessie and James start to recite the Team Rocket motto before a large wave crashes on their Viking boat. Should I subtitle the Japanese version of the motto, or the American version? I for one, am more used to "Prepare for trouble, and make it double."

2. How do I add subtitles to a Quicktime movie? I need an in-depth tutorial on how to make the subtitles go on and off the screen, and when to put them on.

Vernikova
January 1st, 2011, 11:59 AM
Why are you guys helping someone sub a movie by giving them advice on how to sub it?

To be fair, that movie was poorly dubbed.

Tombo
January 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hey, I started watching the anime properly about a month ago and I'm now up to episode 34 but I was just wondering where do the movies fit into the timeline of the anime? As in after which episodes/seasons will the movies appear chronologically?

I think I remember reading somewhere that the first movie fits in after episode 70-something but I hvae no idea about the rest.

Any help is madly appreciated!!!

Vernikova
January 4th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Try this. Watch them after the episode listed and you'll probably be fine.

Mewtwo Strikes Back - After "The Case of the K-9 Caper"
The Power of One - After "Charizard Chills"
Spell of the Unown - After "Fowl Play"
Celebi: Voice of the Forest - After "Kecleon Caper"
Heroes - After "Just Add Water"
Jirachi Wish Maker - After "Having a Wailord of a Time"
Destiny Deoxys - After "Sky High Gym Battle"
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - After "A Real Cleffa-Hanger"
Ranger and the Temple of the Sea - After "Aipom and the Circumstance"
Rise of Darkrai - After "Steamboat Willies"
Giratina and the Sky Warrior - After "Arriving in Style"
Arceus and the Jewel of Life - After "Beating the Bustle and Hustle"

Tombo
January 5th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Try this. Watch them after the episode listed and you'll probably be fine.

Mewtwo Strikes Back - After "The Case of the K-9 Caper"
The Power of One - After "Charizard Chills"
Spell of the Unown - After "Fowl Play"
Celebi: Voice of the Forest - After "Kecleon Caper"
Heroes - After "Just Add Water"
Jirachi Wish Maker - After "Having a Wailord of a Time"
Destiny Deoxys - After "Sky High Gym Battle"
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - After "A Real Cleffa-Hanger"
Ranger and the Temple of the Sea - After "Aipom and the Circumstance"
Rise of Darkrai - After "Steamboat Willies"
Giratina and the Sky Warrior - After "Arriving in Style"
Arceus and the Jewel of Life - After "Beating the Bustle and Hustle"

Thank you so much (:

sorry to hassle you (or anyone else further) but where does Mewtwo Returns fit in?

Kenshin5
January 5th, 2011, 01:19 PM
It occurs after "The Grass Route".

cocopop
January 7th, 2011, 10:34 PM
hello, question why are some of the episodes in the first season in a weird order like after charizard evolves you see charmander later?

Kenshin5
January 7th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Could you give an episode of when this actually happened? Maybe you are thinking of Richie's Charmander(Zippo)? And the reason some episodes seem out of order is because some episodes got banned or were not shown in America and other countries outside of Japan. There was also a Charmander appearance in episode 056 - The Ultimate Test and 057 - The Breeding Center Secret, but they are not Ash's. I think you may be getting others confused with Ash's.

Gumball Watterson
January 7th, 2011, 11:28 PM
^ Classic question. This is because some episodes aired out of order. Don't remember why it happened, but yeah, something messed up the order >_>

cocopop
January 8th, 2011, 01:11 AM
^ Classic question. This is because some episodes aired out of order. Don't remember why it happened, but yeah, something messed up the order >_>

must be right :) um episodes holiday hi-jynx 65 and snow way out 66

Mew~
January 8th, 2011, 04:17 AM
must be right :) um episodes holiday hi-jynx 65 and snow way out 66
Holiday Hi-Jynx was intended to be EP039 and Snow way out intended to be EP040, but both were rescheduled following the EP038 (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP038) incident. (Porygon episode)

nickstr
January 9th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Because Viz is trying to avoid releasing Pokemon's Johto seasons on DVD in the US I have thought about importing the Magna Pacific PAL releases from Australia and have a question about the discs themselves. Does Magna Pacific add region encoding for region 4 on their releases? Its extremely important that I know this because I did hear of a law making this practice illegal in Australia but want to be sure that I will not be buying discs I can't play.

TheFuturePokemon
January 9th, 2011, 07:53 AM
If you could estimate when would best wishes be dubbed in usa

Mew~
January 9th, 2011, 07:58 AM
If you could estimate when would best wishes be dubbed in usa
If we have no breaks, DP should end on 5th Febuary. I would guess a 2 week break after that, then Best wishes to air on 26th of Febuary (6 days before B/W is released in North america) or a 3 week break, to have Best Wishes air a day after B/W is released.

Dooney
January 9th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Because Viz is trying to avoid releasing Pokemon's Johto seasons on DVD in the US I have thought about importing the Magna Pacific PAL releases from Australia and have a question about the discs themselves. Does Magna Pacific add region encoding for region 4 on their releases? Its extremely important that I know this because I did hear of a law making this practice illegal in Australia but want to be sure that I will not be buying discs I can't play.

Yes, they're encoded for Region 4, sorry :)

nickstr
January 9th, 2011, 01:04 PM
This question was more targeted to Australians who are in the know about these releases. I asked someone else from New Zealand who is fairly knowledgeable and he says that they are not region locked because if they were then they could not be sold in Australia by law.

Dooney
January 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
This question was more targeted to Australians who are in the know about these releases. I asked someone else from New Zealand who is fairly knowledgeable and he says that they are not region locked because if they were then they could not be sold in Australia by law.

I got the DVDs from Australia about 4 days ago (Season 1-8), I live in the United Kingdom. I can play them on cheap DVD player where I've unlocked the region on the DVD player but on things such as DVD player that can't be unlocked, computer, TVs with built in DVDs etc. it comes up as "This DVD is Region 4 encoded, your region is not compatible." Therefore, they are region locked :)

nickstr
January 9th, 2011, 01:23 PM
That is a shame, also means Magna Pacific is breaking Australian law marketing these discs because any sort of region lock down is illegal.

Dooney
January 9th, 2011, 01:29 PM
That is a shame, also means Magna Pacific is breaking Australian law marketing these discs because any sort of region lock down is illegal.

Doesn't Australian law just state DVD players aren't allowed to have Region locking but has no mention of DVDs themselves?

redskinfreak4
January 10th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hey everyone,

I just recently came to this forum and I have a question that I have been trying to find an answer for the past couple of years. I know that they have released the original anime background music. What I am looking for is the music from the Johto Journeys. I believe that this season had some of the best music of the entire series. I have wanted to get this music but it appears that nothing was ever really released. Does anyone have a recording of the music? Thanks.

Tombo
January 14th, 2011, 04:33 PM
hello, question why are some of the episodes in the first season in a weird order like after charizard evolves you see charmander later?

I think you're refering to the appearance in Holiday Hi-Jinx. I think that this is due to the Christmas theme in the episode so it was probably shown at Christmas time which was out of sync of the norml episode run. So during the originl run it would have been shown at Xmas time but not quite in time with the chronological anime time-line

Hey everyone,

I just recently came to this forum and I have a question that I have been trying to find an answer for the past couple of years. I know that they have released the original anime background music. What I am looking for is the music from the Johto Journeys. I believe that this season had some of the best music of the entire series. I have wanted to get this music but it appears that nothing was ever really released. Does anyone have a recording of the music? Thanks.

I've got Pokemon X: 10 years of Pokemon which contains music from most seasons, it includes all the Johto theme tunes, Johto Pokerap and some others (:

Mew~
January 15th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Hey everyone,

Well they have decided to make another CD, so you could wait and see if they have the music you want in there. It will be released in japan in febuary so you could wait. Here's a screenie for your wait:
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5917/20110113animesoundtrack.jpg

redskinfreak4
January 15th, 2011, 09:40 PM
@mew~ Thank you so much. They have stated that this should give us all of the anime background music that we currently don't have. Most likely my song should be one here. Thanks again.

Jorah
January 16th, 2011, 01:15 AM
redskinfreak4, have you checked the other version of that CD, which was released in September/October 2010? That version of the CD Mew~ posted is going to include the anime-only themes, while the version already released contains the anime's remixes of the game music (which contains some of Johto's music on disc 1).

redskinfreak4
January 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Yes I have. The song I am looking for is an original from the anime, so it should be on the new CD. I love the other album too though. I wonder what caused them to decide to create these CD sets since it has been over a decade since some of this music has been on the show?

joacen
January 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Just curious, but does anyone know exactly how many more episodes of Diamond and Pearl will be airing before the Black and White series? I'm assuming that will be happening soon since Black and White Versions are going to be released in March.

Perrie ✿
January 17th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Probably not long since the DP saga is coming to an end. :/ I'll say once DP has ended, we'll have a short break until mid

We only have 3 episodes left of DP, so it'll end in the beginning of Febuary.

Mew~
January 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Just curious, but does anyone know exactly how many more episodes of Diamond and Pearl will be airing before the Black and White series? I'm assuming that will be happening soon since Black and White Versions are going to be released in March.
There will be exactly 3 more episodes of Diamond and Pearl Sinnoh League Victors before Best Wishes airs.
Here are the dub titles for the upcoming episodes:
"657: The Semi-Final Frontier"
"658: The Brockster Is In!"
"659: Memories Are Made of Bliss"

The Semi-Final Frontier will air in the US on 22nd January.

I've done my own Speculation of when Best Wishes will air too:
If we have no breaks, DP should end on 5th Febuary. I would guess a 2 week break after that, then Best wishes to air on 26th of Febuary (6 days before B/W is released in North america) or a 3 week break, to have Best Wishes air a day after B/W is released.

TheFuturePokemon
January 18th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Is Ash is in Unova region because Pro.Oak is on vacation?

Ursula
January 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
He's not on vacation, I think. Professor Oak is there talking about Pokemon or attending seminars in general.
He's just dressed the way he is to 'have a feel of being on vacation' because apparently there will be times for leisure between seminars.

Becky
January 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
He won it in that bug catching contest. The episode where he gave his Beedrill to Casey (the ElectroBuzz fan). In Season 4.
What did he do with it? I know he kept it.

Ursula
January 18th, 2011, 09:24 PM
He used it to evolve a Sunkern in Moving Pictures.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP187

Chatot Lover
January 22nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
So well, I just found this German version of "Pokémon World" and wanted to know if there is an English version of this as well :

B97QnFIUIM8

Apparently, this is the Pokémon Movie 2000 "Pokémon World" version but I can't seem to find this in English anywhere!

Does anyone know anything about this?

Hope, it was ok to ask this here :)

Mew~
January 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Heh, I uprised you couldn't find it, it's the orange islands opening theme too.

Heres the version you want (sung by Youngstown and Nobody's Angel for the second movie): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nciR_TTxN7c[/URL]
Full Version of the original for the opening: [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SeGoR8ZzUY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0FjlxQJU88)

Couldn't find the actual opening theme sequence because of copyright issues.

Chatot Lover
January 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you, Mew~, but don't you think that the German song I posted above is different from the English movie one? I find it much slower, but that could just be me. The beginning is different as well.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help :)

Anna
January 22nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that the American version = The German version in terms of what it actually is, but the songs themselves are different. I doubt there would be an English translation of a German song based on a previously released English song.

Wings Don't Cry
January 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Does anyone remember the trailer we got at the end of the Arceus movie showing Ho-Oh and Lugia fighting and how it was supposedly the next movie?

If you don't here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bDqOsFtgng

So exactly what happened to that movie?

Kenshin5
January 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
It's just a cameo and this is just a teaser for the movie. They made not appearance in the movie, so as far as we know the battle ends there.

Hardback247
January 22nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
I have another question regarding Mewtwo Strikes Back. Does anyone know of a Japanese copy of the movie that doesn't have the CG added to it? I did find one Japanese version of it, but it still has the CG from the English dub.

I'm also looking for English-translated scripts of Revelation-Lugia and Lord of the Unknown Tower.

AyameHikaru
January 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I know what you're talking about. As far as I know, you'd have to find one of the original release ones. Good luck?

Hardback247
January 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
The non-CG version of Mewtwo Strikes Back doesn't matter to me for the moment. What I really want for now are Japanese 5.1 surround tracks for Revelation-Lugia (The Power of One) and Lord of the Unknown Tower (Spell of the Unown). I also want The Power of One (The American version) in its original widescreen. I found it in widescreen somewhere and it has the English track along with the Japanese track, but it has the Japanese text.

BTW, What English text was added by 4Kids besides the opening logos and all of the credits? In the end, does having the English text really matter?

TheMightyMrPlow
January 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
So here's the deal. I don't know any pokemon after the first generation, and I want to so I can play the games past R/B and actually have an idea of what I'm catching.

I figure my best bet would be to watch some of the anime. When I was younger I watched it all up to where it started introducing the second gen. I think around the Mew2 movie I may have stopped?

Anyway here is what I ask of you fine people. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me what episode I need to start with? I can't figure out what episode the second gen pokemon come into it. Also, if anyone could give me a quick summary to refresh my memory of how the first gen series ended, I remember something about a tournament and Gary or something.

If I'm asking too much I understand :)

PlatinumDude
January 28th, 2011, 04:01 PM
The first Johto episode is called "Don't Touch That 'Dile." In the Johto arc (don't click the spoiler if you don't want to find out the ending):
Ash defeats Gary in the Silver Conference and Ash is beaten by Harrison in turn.

TheMightyMrPlow
January 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Is that spoiler the ending of the johto series, or the I Gen series? Cuz I need a summary of the end of the I Gen.

Also thank you so much for the episode!

Cooker
January 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM
^that's the ending of Johto series. The Kanto series concludes with Ash losing to Richie, this other kid with a Pikachu, in the Pokemon League. Then Ash decides to go to the Orange Islands, which makes a mini series between Kanto and Johto.
If you wanna watch the Orange Islands, the first episode is called A Scare in the Air.

TheMightyMrPlow
January 28th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Ah, Thank you both very much. I didn't even know there was an in-between series.

Cooker
January 28th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Sure thing, except I just kinda relaized that the Orange Islands are still mostly Gen I Pokemon, aside from Togepi. You might just wanna skip to Don't Touch That 'Dile if you're only watching to see new Pokes.

TheMightyMrPlow
January 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Well that's just the main reason, I can still enjoy the series while I'm at it right ;)

jwxie518
January 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM
so my friend asked me what episode was it from?
does anyone know?
thanks !

the image is here
30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfmp8qiSpK1qapdsqo1_500.gif

Mew~
January 31st, 2011, 01:10 AM
so my friend asked me what episode was it from?
does anyone know?
thanks !

the image is here
It isn't necessarily an episode, it's from a movie. Pokémon Movie 12: "Arceus and the Jewel Of Life"

Regeneration
January 31st, 2011, 02:12 AM
In fact, the Spiky-eared Pichu has made an appearance only in the movie, Arceus and the Jewel of Life. It never appeared in any episode or such.

Mew~
January 31st, 2011, 05:50 AM
In fact, the Spiky-eared Pichu has made an appearance only in the movie, Arceus and the Jewel of Life. It never appeared in any episode or such.
Actually "In Fact" it's appeared in 23 episodes.

----> It had it's own DP ending called: "Get Fired up, Spiky-eared Pichu!" Which aired through DP122 to DP145. So yeah, it did have it's appearences in episodes - but lets stay a bit on-topic.

jwxie518
January 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
You guys rock! Oh I forgot to say "thank you" LOOOL
i mean this is insane. i wasn't expecting an answer, because there are so many eps and movies out there.
Thanks!

aspie3000
January 31st, 2011, 06:57 PM
In the indigo league? I haven't watched the show in a long time on account of it ceasing to be good after the first season, but I have always wondered this, why on earth would they leave the elite four out?

curiousnathan
January 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
They have never exculded the eliete four in any region. The reason that Ash hasn't faced them is because in order to challenge in the 'Champions League" a trainer must first win their region's tourtament. For example if I originated from Johto, I could only challenge the Elite Four when I acumulate all 8 Johto badges and win my region's tourtament/conference.

This was breifly explained by Lucian in one of the Episodes. I think it was: "An Elite meet and greet."

Kirbychu
January 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Actually, every single member of the original Kanto Elite 4 has appeared in the anime at one point. Ash has actually battled (and lost) against Lorelei (Prima) and Agatha. It has been hinted that when a trainer wins their respective region's Pokemon League, they can participate in the Elite Four Challenge, fighting the four members of that region's Elite Four, and then possibly the Champion as well.

aspie3000
January 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM
Huh okay thats interesting did they say that in any of the episodes? I'm talking to curious

curiousnathan
January 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
Huh okay thats interesting did they say that in any of the episodes? I'm talking to curious

Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite Four mentioned this to Ash and his friends. Like I said it was in the episode "The Elite Meet and Greet." I can link the episode to you if you like.

aspie3000
January 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM
No thats all right but why did they call Lorelei prima?

Kirbychu
January 31st, 2011, 07:16 PM
No thats all right but why did they call Lorelei prima?
Lorelei's name was changed to Prima in the English version of the anime because 4kids was trying to fit the amount of syllables the Japanese name has. The English name "Lorelei" is three syllables while the Japanese name "Kanna" is only two. The name change really just made dubbing easier.

By the way, rather than locking this thread in the future, I'm moving it to the FAQ thread.

Bastiodon
February 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I heard it was a battle between trainer Gold and Ash! I went to the San Jose B/W Pokemon Tour but the tickets were all given away too early for all showings of the movie :(. Anyone know where we can watch all the mini-movies or at least a place that lists them all??

Thanks and I am new to this website. :)

TheFuturePokemon
February 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
How many times have Ash and Brock battled?

JP
February 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHl4Y1p2zP0&feature=related
Here's a bit of it, there's some useless text before it. Really cool, I'm interested in seeing the whole for sure.

Kirbychu
February 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the website! I'm going to move this to the FAQ thread, since it fits better there.

Actually, this mini-movie you're talking about is really just the opening of the 13th movie. It was cut when said movie aired on TV for whatever reason.

I don't quite know what you mean by "watch all the mini-movies". If you're referring to the openings of each Pokemon movie, then you should just try searching online a bit.

Bastiodon
February 15th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks for moving this to FAQ thread! I got lots of replies now! When I said "mini-movies" I meant stuff like Pikachu's Vacation and all those other ones I forgot about! Or was there not one for this movie? Also, thanks for the link for the Jimmy Vs. Ash!

Kirbychu
February 15th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for moving this to FAQ thread! I got lots of replies now! When I said "mini-movies" I meant stuff like Pikachu's Vacation and all those other ones I forgot about! Or was there not one for this movie? Also, thanks for the link for the Jimmy Vs. Ash!
Oh, you mean all the Pikachu shorts. The members here aren't allowed to give you episodes, but I can give you a list. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_shorts

Regeneration
February 15th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Apart from the battle in Pewter City gym, I think Ash and Brock had a number of training battles, one of which I can recall was in the Battle Frontier saga, where Mudkip evolved in Marshtomp. There might be many such instances where Ash was just training with Brock, so I don't have the exact number. XD;;

Mew~
February 16th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Just to exspand on what Regeneration said, be a little more helpful. The episode was titled "A chip off the old Brock" in the Battle frontier saga. Also, they had a little tag battle in Pewter City Gym against team rocket, also in the frontier saga titled "Grating Spaces"

hamguy4456
February 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Hey all, I stopped watching the anime after Johto (well, not completely. I caught an episode here and there every now and then) but have been considering picking it up again. I was wondering whether they ever make any references or bring in any cameos from past seasons? If so, how frequently do they occur?

On a side note, is Gary still the rival? If not, whatever happened to him?

Kirbychu
February 16th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hey all, I stopped watching the anime after Johto (well, not completely. I caught an episode here and there every now and then) but have been considering picking it up again. I was wondering whether they ever make any references or bring in any cameos from past seasons? If so, how frequently do they occur?

On a side note, is Gary still the rival? If not, whatever happened to him?
This belongs in the FAQ thread.~

To answer your question, they do reference older seasons, but those references get less common each saga. In Black and White there are almost no references at all, Ash didn't even remember how to properly catch a Pokemon.
Misty appeared a few times in Hoenn and the Battle Frontier, and May appeared once in Sinnoh. Dawn and Brock both got specials in Black and White as well. Hoenn and the Battle Frontier are the closest things we have to a mature and experienced Ash, he even acts as a mentor to May at times.
We rarely get to see Ash's old Pokemon. We see quite a few during the Battle Frontier, and he uses them during the Sinnoh League as well. A certain member from his Johto squad evolves during the Sinnoh league as well.

After the Johto League Gary randomly left to become a Pokemon Researcher. He appears at the end of the Battle Frontier and a couple times in Sinnoh.

hamguy4456
February 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the redirect.
I think I'll be getting back into this soon, I've got a lot of ground to cover. Thanks for the detailed info!

TheFuturePokemon
February 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM
How old is Iris and Trip?

Regeneration
February 19th, 2011, 07:14 PM
How old is Iris and Trip?
Their ages haven't been revealed as of now.

XUMENG34
February 23rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hello,I'm not interested in playing games,but fond of anime, so I wanna know the differences between the games and anime,I mean, sometimes they seems in a similiar style.Thanks!

Kirbychu
February 23rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
I'm going to go ahead and move this to the questions thread.

This wonderful article might answer your question. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Differences_between_the_games_and_anime)

rstevenson1976
February 25th, 2011, 11:40 PM
I'm a night owl, so I don't watch pokemon b/w on tv. I have caught the first two episodes on hulu though, does oshuwat ever actually join ash?

vaporeon7
February 25th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Yes Ash catches Oshawott in the 3rd episode.

SonicTH
February 26th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hi all...(I hope I post it in the right topic...I'm new here...If I understood correctly,it's topic about any questions about Anime...Sorry if something is wrong)
I really need your help...Can anyone help me found number and name of the serie for these screenshot? It is necessary for me and my friends for our game.
Pleeease,I need your help...=( Thank you...
http://i064.radikal.ru/1102/79/c4c3894c7c54.jpg

TheFattestSnorlax
February 26th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Question: What is the deal with Arcanine?

Arcanine is one of the strongest Fire Pokemon in the anime. I never thought
about it much before, but Arcanine's description calls it a "legendary" Pokemon, yet it can be caught naturally, can breed, and is an evolved Pokemon. WHAT??
I need somebody to figure this out!

Mew~
February 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
It doesn't ring any bells for me SonicTH, but i'll search around for you.

No, Arcanine is not a Legendery. That term is just used in the PokéDex to describe it's strength and species - but that can just be thought as a matter of opinion. Anyway, it can't be because Legendaries cannot evolve.

I found an artical on it from Wikipedia; (although this isn't a trustworthy source I do agree it somewhat makes sense.)
Arcanine's species is classified as "Legendary" in the Pokédex, although the word is probably used in an entirely different context than with the actual Legendary Pokémon. It is theorized, however, that Arcanine was one of the original three Legendary Pokémon, the other two being Zapdos and Articuno. It is thought the game designers decided to make all three legendary Pokémon birds and so they replaced Arcanine's status as the legendary fire Pokémon with Moltres.[citation needed] They did, however, give it the label of "Legendary Pokémon". Arcanine's sum of base stats are the highest below 580, which is the benchmark for Legendary Pokémon like Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

In the Series 1 episode: "Emergency!" An image of Arcanine appears on a stone tablet of Legendary Pokémon, alongside Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.

Kenshin5
February 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
As Mew said it is not Legendary in pokemon terms of what a legendary is. Especially in the anime when you have "Legendary" pokemon in the game that are common(not super common) like the regis, Heatran, the bird trio, Shaymin. According to Bulbapedia he is based off a Korean mythical creature Xiezhi which resembles a lion but is a fire dog. Its probably no mistake that Arcanine was released as an event pokemon in 2009 Battle Series tournament, which was Korean exclusive. I don't know about Arcanine being one of the strongest Fire types since we have seen plenty of Ash Charizard and pokes like Harrison Blaziken. And Phione is a pre evo of Manaphy, although it cannot directly evolve into Manaphy.

Kirbychu
February 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Hi all...(I hope I post it in the right topic...I'm new here...If I understood correctly,it's topic about any questions about Anime...Sorry if something is wrong)
I really need your help...Can anyone help me found number and name of the serie for these screenshot? It is necessary for me and my friends for our game.
Judging by the animation style I'm positive that screen is from an episode in seasons 1-5... I'll do some searching around to help you as well.

SonicTH
February 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Mew~ and Kirbychu,aww,thank you,thank you so much! I'll be very glad if you can help me!!!

vaporeon7
February 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM

Well it looks like a Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro and if I remember correctly that would be from EP244 called Enlighten Up!

TheFuturePokemon
February 26th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Well it looks like a Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro and if I remember correctly that would be from EP244 called Enlighten Up!

Yep all of it seems correct.

Frazer
February 27th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Hey all, I have a question that seems impossible to find an answer to by normal means. I am wondering, on the trailer for Pokemon:Black and White, the one recently shown on English tv channels, what is the name of the song that is played? I am meaning the trailer that is just saying "get a chance to preview the new series, pokemon:black and white this Sunday at 9.25am". The only part you hear from the song is "come on!" then a little guitar solo after. Any information would be really helpful, thanks in advance!

SonicTH
February 27th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Mew~,Kirbychu,vaporeon7,THANK YOU, thank you guys! You helped me so much)!!! Thank you for your responsiveness!

Demorid
February 27th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Hi fellows,
I registered to this forum because I've been looking for battle music I heard in an episode of Pokemon. Whenever I google it or try to find it on YouTube, I get redirected to the most common Battle Music used in Pokemon, which is not what I'm looking for at all.

It's in Episode 312, 'The Spheal of Approval'. I found a website that streams this episode, but I'm not allowed to post links yet, so sorry about that.
If you do find a website that has the episode, the music I'm looking for plays around 18:30. Can anyone identify it and perhaps direct me to a page I can listen and/or download it?

Thanks in advance!

Zayin
February 27th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Have you listened to all the OSTs? It might be on one of them.

Kirbychu
February 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hi fellows,
I registered to this forum because I've been looking for battle music I heard in an episode of Pokemon. Whenever I google it or try to find it on YouTube, I get redirected to the most common Battle Music used in Pokemon, which is not what I'm looking for at all.

It's in Episode 312, 'The Spheal of Approval'. I found a website that streams this episode, but I'm not allowed to post links yet, so sorry about that.
If you do find a website that has the episode, the music I'm looking for plays around 18:30. Can anyone identify it and perhaps direct me to a page I can listen and/or download it?

Thanks in advance!
Well, your not even allowed to link to websites that air episodes anyways, so it's a good thing you can't post links. :/ Anyways, your thread was moved to the FAQ thread.

The Noob Hacker
February 27th, 2011, 11:07 PM
So I was watching a few episodes, and ever since the beginning there was always something bothering me. It's not major, just a slight disturbance. Does Ishuu (I refuse to call it Unova) make everyone's eyes brighter or something? I mean everyone's eyes are so outstandingly bright! What's up with that?

vaporeon7
February 27th, 2011, 11:58 PM
So I was watching a few episodes, and ever since the beginning there was always something bothering me. It's not major, just a slight disturbance. Does Ishuu (I refuse to call it Unova) make everyone's eyes brighter or something? I mean everyone's eyes are so outstandingly bright! What's up with that?

Yes they made Ash, Jessie, James and a few other characters irises bigger.

Mew~
February 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Well it's really just because of the animation change, I don't think the region has anything to do with morphing their eyes. xD

Perrie ✿
February 28th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Yes its all the gas coming frmo Trubbish making there eyes go bigger

As everyone said it's just a small animation change wait everyone did say that, i cba to look up >>

It bothered me at first but now you can barely even notice it, only if you want to. :o

Silverman
February 28th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Hey guys, I had a question about Professor Oak. Remember how he was always being molested by Muk? I am pretty sure Snorlax also gave him some problems in the anime too... somewhere in the first three seasons... does anyone remember which episodes Snorlax crushes Professor Oak? Like, you see Oak on the video phone and suddenly he is being smacked down by Snorlax?

We filmed an interview with voice actor Stuart Zagnit, the voice of Oak in the 4kids dub, and he told us his favorite Pokemon was Snorlax for this very reason. Anyway, now I have to find clips to use in the video! Any help would be great!

PlatinumDude
February 28th, 2011, 02:45 AM
No, I don't think that Prof. Oak has ever been crushed by Snorlax because Snorlax may have spent most of its time eating and sleeping in Oak's lab.

Silverman
February 28th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I thought it was only Muk that was messing with Oak in the video phone scenes. I am pretty sure that only happened because Ash had too many Pokemon and the Muk was sent to Oak's lab instantaneousness. When he caught Snorlax in the Orange Islands I am pretty sure he just kept it around, only giving it Oak when he realized he couldn't feed it... damn, I'm upset that the voice actor didn't know this kinda stuff.

Anyway, if I am incorrect, and Snorlax did crush Oak, please correct me! Oh, and I guess I'll post a link on this forum when we finish the videos with him... they are pretty great.

masterquestmq
February 28th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Bigger eyes first thing i notice and there is a sparkle to them.

i just get lost in their eyes...............

Jorah
February 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Specifically, it goes in line with the new eye design that Sugimori used for the characters of BW. He changed the eye design in RS, but the anime has only really changed it since DP. Notice how Dawn's eyes are a different design to DP Ash's :P

SonicTH
March 2nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Guys, can you tell me what music played at the end of each series of the first season, when Ash and the others say goodbye to new friends? (This is usually at sunset)

vaporeon7
March 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
Do you mean this music?
6YEpQ8j3404rroTJTnUwmIX_peEZO6AjU

Mew~
March 3rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Actually, it's the first one "Meeting and Parting" that SonicTH was looking for;
The BGM was used when Brock and Misty said goodbye to Ash in the episode "Gotta Catch Ya Later," although the BGM was only properly released a few days ago on the soundtrack, "TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010 Vol. 2"
Heres a link to it without the crazy japanese guy at the end;
v/RwFY2HZG5Nk
Hope I helped a little on that.

SonicTH
March 3rd, 2011, 10:35 AM
vaporeon7,Mew~,thank you guys! Yes, "Meeting and Parting" -this is what I was looking for!! Beautiful music ^^

Sorry again guys, but I would be very glad if you tell me from which series these screenshots.... No need to search specifically!!! Only if someone knows.
http://s014.radikal.ru/i328/1103/89/4e502565b3fa.bmp
http://s61.radikal.ru/i172/1103/e1/a596914cf2ed.bmp

TheFuturePokemon
March 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Did Misty officially catch Togepi? Or did she just carry it around?

Regeneration
March 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Did Misty officially catch Togepi? Or did she just carry it around?
Since it wasn't a wild Pokemon encounter, it cannot be labeled as a 'catch'. Togepi chose Misty as it's trainer (since it thought that she was her mother), so it's her Pokemon. She didn't just carry it around, but also used Togepi in a battle against Ash's Pikachu over the ownership of Totodile, even though Pikachu didn't attack Togepi.

Mew~
March 8th, 2011, 12:16 AM
http://s014.radikal.ru/i328/1103/89/4e502565b3fa.bmp
http://s61.radikal.ru/i172/1103/e1/a596914cf2ed.bmp
The first image is from the fourth pokémon movie "Pokémon 4Ever" I think it's when jessie and james are trying to hold on to the tree so they don't get sucked into the scary dark celebi monster vortex thingee.

I can say for certain that the second image is from the diamond and pearl episode "Dressed for Jess Success!" james took part in a pokémon contest for Jessie because she was too ill and won. :3

>Yay me, I remembered those without any searching :3

DeathOfBlades
March 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I literally stopped watching the Sinnoh series right after Dawn made her decision to still follow Ash to see his Sinnoh Pokemon League battle and they were on a boat.

Now that both Black and White are out and my hearing of the news about Unova region coming to the show.... I just wanted to ask a couple of questions :).... Is Brock taking a separate path? Is Dawn taking a separate path like all the girl characters have?

Does this mean no more Brock and Dawn :(?

Oh and this is probably gonna be moved to the "Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread" ‎

Regeneration
March 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Brock stated that he wanted to become a Pokemon Doctor, so he left for Kanto instead of traveling with Ash to Unova. As for Dawn, she had received an invitation from Hermione (or Paris; not sure) for her Buneary and decided to stay in Sinnoh then. She later decided to travel to Hoenn for contests.

Kirbychu
March 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Your thread was moved to the questions sticky. Please use this thread for any future questions you might have! :)

Also, listen to Regeneration. That guy knows his stuff!

DeathOfBlades
March 9th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Brock stated that he wanted to become a Pokemon Doctor, so he left for Kanto instead of traveling with Ash to Unova. As for Dawn, she had received an invitation Hermione (or Paris; not sure) for her Buneary and decided to stay in Sinnoh then. She later decided to travel to Hoenn for contests.

So does that mean no Brock or Dawn? Or are they making a separate series for those two?

vaporeon7
March 9th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Yes, no more Brock or Dawn. They do however have a special episode each.

DeathOfBlades
March 10th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Yes, no more Brock or Dawn. They do however have a special episode each.

Awwwww... I'm really going to miss both of them a lot.. Well I did for May and Lyra but then again the series has been so long that I've gotten used to the Sinnoh characters and now they have to depart their separate ways :(... It's like they say.. All good things always comes to an end.

Now I'll be looking forward to seeing the Black and White (Anime) series.

Zayin
March 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I'd like to know if anyone could refer me to good websites with episode and character concept art related to Team Rocket and their relatives. I'd like to see the original designs for Jessie & James, Jessibelle, Giovanni, Butch & Cassidy and so on. I hope some of them are circulating on the web! Note that I know the sunyshore website already.

Thanks a lot!

Mew~
March 11th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I found this a few days ago on bulbapedia;
http://a.imageshack.us/img688/583/1298730056390.jpg
If you take a look at the bottom right hand corner you can see Jessie and James in black costumes, this could just maybe suggest they were originally supposed to wear black costumes, as it seems to be old anime art.

Jorah
March 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM
^ Wow, that's pretty cool. They hadn't even thought of the dub names by then, hehe. Hilarious that they refer to Shigeru as Takeshi though >__> It seems they hadn't even decided on using the word "evolve" back then, either.

On topic, interesting that they had originally decided to have Jessie and James wearing the usual TR uniform, but had Butch and Cassidy wear it instead.

Zayin
March 11th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I remember this outfit! I was wondering where it came from. Thanks for sharing!

"The Rocket Society, an infamous league of mad scientists" hahaha!

TheFuturePokemon
March 29th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Pikachu's Past?? Any info on that?

Regeneration
March 30th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Pikachu's Past?? Any info on that?
There's something I'm not completely sure of, but in the episode, Pikachu's Goodbye, Ash's Pikachu apparently finds the tree where he used to live earlier. He might have been caught by Professor Oak, (in reference to Pokemon Yellow), who then gave it to Ash, even though he wasn't really supposed to give him that Pikachu. Just because he saw how sad Ash was, he gave him that Pikachu.

This is just some speculation, so I'm not completely sure of this. I'm trying to verify the events in that episode. :\

Irone
April 9th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Where can i download/watch the anime series, from the beggining, online?

Mew~
April 9th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Where can i download/watch the anime series, from the beggining, online?
It's against the rules to ask where to download or watch episodes/movies ilegally. The only way weather it isn't would be to watch it online at pokemon.com.

Irone
April 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
It's against the rules to ask where to download or watch episodes/movies ilegally. The only way weather it isn't would be to watch it online at pokemon.com.

Thank you and sorry.

-Irone

Derezzed
May 4th, 2011, 05:41 AM
My question is probably best suited here and regards less the anime and more the actual act of watching it. I'm from the UK and would love to get the movies on DVD, I have the first two or three floating about but I was wondering if there were any online stores where I could grab all of the movies released thus far? Amazon seems to be lacking in that department.

ryaneden
May 6th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Just like the title says can you watch the each of the Pokemon series be watched at once (Like Original Advance DP Best Wishes) Since they each take place in a different region?

Drew
May 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
You mean, get through them at the same time, and still understand what goes on?

Yeahhh, none of them really continue off each other much, with the exception of certain characters leaving and entering with each new region. Though, the characters don't change much, if at all, and the story starts out fresh each time. So technically, yeah, you could watch them all at once and have no problem.

Just as long as you start at the beginning of each series, you should be fine. xD

ShinyMeganium
May 8th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I have a question to all the anime fans here. I used to watch the Pokemon anime in my childhood, and I stopped during about the Hoenn season, though I watched some of the Sinnoh episodes every now and then for nostalgia's sake.

Now, I stopped watching because of 2 reasons. I grew over it, and the episodes felt kinda repetitive. Ash is being too nice for other people, saves them from Team Rocket, everybody smiles and he leaves the area...I just missed the originality of the episodes up to the Orange islands and the beginning of Johto.

Either way, I have a few questions for those who watch the new episodes:
1. If you agree with me on the 2nd paragraph, is there any improvement in these episodes? Does the plot vary more?
2. I've noticed Brock is gone. Is it just a seasonal thing, or is he gone for good? Do you want him back?
3. Are the characters still always too nice to each other, or does it start to feel like the Ash/Misty relations a little?

Kenshin5
May 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
1. The same basic concepts still apply. Ash wants to catch pokemon and be a pokemon master, he wants to beat the league, he has a rival that is a jerk and so on. As for the episodes themselves they are some of them that are recycled ideas of previous seasons but that's is a given since we are 5 Sagas in now.

2. He is replaced with Cilan. He had his spot light in DP One Hour special as well as Dawn, so no I don't want him back. And he is aspiring to be a Doctor and I doubt he would accomplish that by constantly traveling on Ash adventures. So if we do see him again it will probably never be as a main character role.

3. Ash and Iris have a brother sister relationship so to speak where they argue with each other. Iris constantly calls him a little kid, berates him, points out his flaws and blunders, and so on. So the nice thing is not going on between them as it was for May and Dawn.

If you really want to get a sense of if it is too repetitive for you then just watch a couple episodes. They did change up Team Rocket role for awhile. Ash also seems to be rotating his pokemon more then previous seasons as well.

Gumball Watterson
May 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Ash and Iris will be a big dejavu like with Misty.

However, Ash got so much more immature, and worst of all...

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5904/ashstill10.png

TheFuturePokemon
May 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Has there been any update on when the Postponed episodes will be aired?

Regeneration
May 9th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Has there been any update on when the Postponed episodes will be aired?If the Team Plasma vs. Team Rocket episodes & BW026 are the ones you're talking about, then no, there have been no air-dates announced for those episodes as of now.

ShinyMeganium
May 9th, 2011, 05:07 AM
They did change up Team Rocket role for awhile.
Sorry for bothering but, how comes?

Anna
May 9th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Probably because people were getting sick of them being annoying and useless. They decided hey, we have these characters that could be something. Why don't we let them?

It was the best time to do something like that, too. The start of a new season which was intended to be a sort of "revamp".

Kenshin5
May 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Adding to that, they were supposed to be undercover, while infiltrating Unova so they didn't alert any other criminal syndicate organizations(Team Plasma) to their presence. So they were then in the role of secret agent spy like characters until BW025.

TheFuturePokemon
May 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
If the Team Plasma vs. Team Rocket episodes & BW026 are the ones you're talking about, then no, there have been no air-dates announced for those episodes as of now.

If Japan doesn't air it anytime soon, could the dub version still air it?

Mew~
May 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM
If Japan doesn't air it anytime soon, could the dub version still air it?
As great as that would be, there are still those doubts. Like if you take into account the hoenn episode "Shaking Island Battle! Barboach VS Whiscash!!" - that episode didn't ever air in japan because of the earthquakes happening in japan. And once it came to airing it in the US, they skipped it. Though, since at the time 4Kids were handling the anime - maybe TPCi will handle it a little different.

TheFuturePokemon
May 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM
When did the Dawn/Brock Special air in Japan?(after which Best Wishes episode)

Regeneration
May 13th, 2011, 06:45 PM
When did the Dawn/Brock Special air in Japan?(after which Best Wishes episode)The Dawn/Brock special episode, Hikari - A New Journey!/Nibi Gym - The Greatest Danger! was aired after BW018: Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest.

SonicTH
May 17th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Guys,help me please again ^^'
From which episodes there screenshots?
http://s61.radikal.ru/i171/1105/a3/eda773a6faee.jpg
http://i073.radikal.ru/1105/82/513d37a4fd7c.jpg
http://s003.radikal.ru/i204/1105/a5/08338b134942.jpg
http://s53.radikal.ru/i142/1105/bc/07aee9fac67c.jpg
http://s41.radikal.ru/i093/1105/33/fc9eb6e46165.jpg

Mew~
May 17th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Guys,help me please again ^^'
From which episodes there screenshots?
http://s61.radikal.ru/i171/1105/a3/eda773a6faee.jpg
http://i073.radikal.ru/1105/82/513d37a4fd7c.jpg
http://s003.radikal.ru/i204/1105/a5/08338b134942.jpg
http://s53.radikal.ru/i142/1105/bc/07aee9fac67c.jpg
http://s41.radikal.ru/i093/1105/33/fc9eb6e46165.jpg
Well, right now I can tell that Picture 3 is from the episode Battle Frontier episode "Talking A Good Game ( タワータイクーン、リラ登場!)" and my best guess at picture 4 would be "As Clear As Crystal ( サンダーとクリスタル!みずうみのひみつ!)" though that guess at four might not be right. I'll do a little reseach to find the others since I can't remember them at the top of my head. xD

SonicTH
May 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Mew~, you often helped me,thank you!)
About 3-that's right,thanks))
About 4-no... It's about Zapdos (ep As Clear As Crystal), but I think there are some evolution on picture.
I will be very grateful, if somebody helps me with 1,2,4,5 shots)

Wyatt Fire
May 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
In the Zoroark movie, I was wondering why the real legendary dogs were shinies when the fakes were not. My roommate didn't know either, and Team Rocket even commented on their discolouration, but the movie never explained it.

Mew~
May 25th, 2011, 10:26 AM
In the Zoroark movie, I was wondering why the real legendary dogs were shinies when the fakes were not. My roommate didn't know either, and Team Rocket even commented on their discolouration, but the movie never explained it.
Well Kodai never really intended the Beasts to be like the Guardians, he just wanted to frame Zoroark, or there really wasn't any connection between Kodai's Illusions, Zoroark's Illusions and the Crown Beasts. The Crown Beasts just appeared to help the town from Zoroark. (unkown it was being framed)

In all honesty, Movie 13 was just a random way to promote HG/SS and B/W. Since people would need HG/SS to transfer the legendery beasts and also BW to unlock the Zoroark event. But yeah, it was at least enjoyable.

rstevenson1976
May 28th, 2011, 06:58 AM
having never seen a japanese episode or played a japanese game, am I the only one confused when people don't use english names in the english episode threads?

and I like Team rocket a lot better now that they stopped stalking ash and company

Regeneration
May 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM
having never seen a japanese episode or played a japanese game, am I the only one confused when people don't use english names in the english episode threads?

and I like Team rocket a lot better now that they stopped stalking ash and company
Are you sure that you're not looking at threads with the spoiler tags [Spoilers] ? Those are Japanese episode discussion threads. For example, this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250259) one. The ones without the spoiler tags in the Episode Discussion forum certainly have English titles.

rstevenson1976
May 28th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Are you sure that you're not looking at threads with the spoiler tags [Spoilers] ? Those are Japanese episode discussion threads. For example, this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250259) one. The ones without the spoiler tags in the Episode Discussion forum certainly have English titles.
no, I don't even read the japanese episode ones (I know what the spoilers tag means) I'm talking about some of the english ones

Regeneration
May 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM
no, I don't even read the japanese episode ones (I know what the spoilers tag means) I'm talking about some of the english ones
Well... that shouldn't happen. I wonder why someone would use Japanese names in English episode discussion threads. You could just google the Japanese names, if you come across such threads.

Jeikobu
May 28th, 2011, 01:38 PM
http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/dvd/region02_specials.html
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_shorts

There are a lot of Pokemon shorts out there, but some are hard to come by. What I'm trying to find are:

Pikachu's Naughty Island!

Pikachu and the Big Ice Adventure

Pikachu's Big Twinkling Search!

Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl "Pikachu's Mysteriously Mysterious Big Adventure!"

Pichu Bros. Wild Adventure!

Pokemon 3D Adventure: Find Mew!

Pokemon 3D Adventure 2: Pikachu's Big Undersea Adventure

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky Beyond Time & Darkness / Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Sky Expedition ~The Final Adventure Surpassing Time and Darkness~

Before anyone says anything about the rules, I looked at them and it said not to post links to illegal content. Most of these shorts are not available in America however, and I only want the Japanese versions even if a dub is available. I can still completely see though how posting links would be inappropriate as they could lead to find other content which actually would be illegal to view or download, so if this is a problem, please PM me links instead if you can help me.

Please contact me if you know I can see these. I'd really appreciate it!

countryemo
May 28th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I would like to see English ones, but some seem to be Jap only.

The only word I gotta say is Search. You know keyboard + google.
We cant really post where to watch them as that is against the rules.
So I remember :S

~countryemo~

Krackerz
May 29th, 2011, 08:46 AM
This has probably been asked before (if so, I'm sorry. :P), but I've heard rumours that generation 5 of Pokemon will be the last. :( It's even on Wiki that Ash is apparently on his last ever journey. If this is the case, is there any evidence? Or is this just speculation?

Zayin
May 29th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I doubt it; Pokemon is still a money machine. Wiki is not always reliable, I would take this as a rumour.

Kenshin5
May 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM
If you have ever done a course paper the teacher would tell you Wikis are not credible sources. This rumor is just that a rumor. I have seen no where from Pokemon Co. that this was the last season or the last installments in the pokemon series. If they keep getting people watching and buying into the product they will keep producing it.

POKéMIKE
May 29th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Plus, I checked Wikipedia and I can't even find what you're talking about. It's probably been removed.

Krackerz
May 29th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I'm glad to hear it's only rumors at the moment. I wouldn't mind a shake-up of the series, but there are endless possibilities for where Pokemon can go in the future and I just can't see it ending anytime soon. :P
As for Wiki... erm... yeah, it doesn't seem to be on there anymore, the sentence I was talking about. Unless I was completely imagining it...

EDIT!: No! Wait, found the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Ketchum
Third paragraph of the "In the anime" section. The sentence is "Ash is currently on his thought to be last Pokémon journey."

However, as previously said by you guys, this is wiki we're talking about...

Kirbychu
May 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM
People ask this every generation and it's never been true. Ash has been the protagonist for 13 or so years, I'm not sure if they'll ever replace him. It's just a rumor, if it wasn't the whole fanbase would be going crazy.

Zayin
May 29th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Oh but then that might mean a new hero is coming in for the next season, but I still think this is nothing more than a rumour.

2Cool4Mewtwo
May 29th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Personally I think the whole franchise (games, anime, etc.) is going to last another 10-20 years (or maybe until they completely run out of ideas after making like 4000+ pokemon with all different type combinations). But personally the anime is done for me. I sometimes try watching the new episodes or ones from DPPt, but they only bring iota of interest or none at all... maybe I've just grown up and not find anything in kid's shows :( (unlike some that can still find interest in these things after they become college students/adults)

Hikamaru
May 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Wikipedia are being stupid!

Pokemon is the second most successful game series, so I think there are no plans to end the franchise anytime soon.

If the Wikipedia page says "Ash may be on his last journey" I think this means they might try revamping the characters or something...

It's all just a RUMOUR!!!

Azureth
May 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I watched Arceus and the Jewel of life and while Dialga was useful in that he could transport them through time, Palkia didn't do anything. I know he represents space, but what does that mean, exactly?

Kenshin5
May 29th, 2011, 07:33 PM
It can distort space as moves like Spacial Rend imply. Examples being it can create doors that take somebody to a place miles away or allow trees to fit into rooms. And on the statue in Eterna it says he can alternate realities.

Jeikobu
May 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM
That's why I requested the places be messaged to me. ;)

I have searched numerous places, including torrent sites and streaming sites, mostly via web search. No luck so far.

Anna
May 29th, 2011, 09:50 PM
In respect to the forum rules, however, we generally feel that such things should not be messaged to people either. And really, if you haven't found them by now I don't think any of us will be able to. :/ No harm in asking, I know, but we've got about the same resources you do.

PlatinumDude
May 30th, 2011, 01:24 AM
It's just a rumor. We don't know for sure if Best Wishes is the last season for Ash.

Brittani
May 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I do not believe anyone can provide a correct statement about this issue until it has been officially announced. However, we can make an educated guess. I do not believe they will end pokemon. They would not just throw away more years of money making like that. It's one of their greatest successes and the demand is still very high. If they can still make money, then if they have a right mind, they'd continue the show. Life is about money these days, it's pathetic but true. I sure hope this is not Ash's last. I've loved pokemon for practically my whole life and it was my first ever video game. I would be very, very sad if they just ended it. There is another rumor about making a live-action pokemon movie. This will most likely end up a disaster, so hopefully that isn't true as well.

TheFuturePokemon
June 1st, 2011, 08:32 PM
This is gonna sound crazy but.....Are Nurse Joys, Officers Jennys and Don Georges all part of one big family?

Gumball Watterson
June 1st, 2011, 08:57 PM
This is gonna sound crazy but.....Are Nurse Joys, Officers Jennys and Don Georges all part of one big family?

That's basically the theory, that they're a bunch of siblings and cousins running their respective careers. But in reality it's just a sheer easy way out from drawing different Nurses/Officers every time.

TheWatersGreatGuardian
June 1st, 2011, 10:59 PM
I kinda lost interest after the 3rd movie, and (sorry if this upsets anyone) it was mainly because Ash's voice annoyed me :P I haven't watched the show in a LOOOONNNGGG time
But I am thinking of giving it another shot.
What channels and times does it usually come on?

Mew~
June 2nd, 2011, 12:46 AM
In the US new episodes from Black & White air on Cartoon Network every saturday, at 9A/8C.

If you want to check out some old episodes then the Pokémon offical website is a great place to watch old episodes from the original series up to early sinnoh. Although they don't have every episode at the same time, they update with a few episodes each week, you can check it out here; http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/watch/ (http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/watch/)

peteed
June 3rd, 2011, 05:15 AM
Hey I found some youtube users thats accounts are listed as the account for the Official Pokemon Company. They have all the Pokemon Battle Frontier series and quite a few of the pokemon Black and White episodes on youtube.

Not quite sure how to tell if this really is free and legal or if someones just set themself up with that username and by watching it i'm breaking the law.

Hey I found some youtube users thats accounts are listed as the account for the Official Pokemon Company. They have all the Pokemon Battle Frontier series and quite a few of the pokemon Black and White episodes on youtube.

Not quite sure how to tell if this really is free and legal or if someones just set themself up with that username and by watching it i'm breaking the law.

Mew~
June 3rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
The only official Youtube account from The Pokémon Company International is named "pokemon (http://www.youtube.com/user/pokemon)" and partnered with "The World Championships (http://www.youtube.com/user/PokemonWorlds)" channel. So any other channel you've seen probably isn't official. The official website is the only place I know of that streams the episodes legally. Anyway, most users on youtube come up with the "Official" is to avoid copyright strikes.

TheFuturePokemon
June 3rd, 2011, 07:49 AM
Was Iris Axew breeded from Drayden Haxorus?

Mew~
June 3rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Was Iris Axew breeded from Drayden Haxorus?
Well, there isn't actually any proof, or any mention in the anime - but I guess that could be a possibility.

The only thing that is known, is that Iris was given Axew by the village elder when it was just a few days old.

Marilynasol
June 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM
In the anime, can a coordinator enter the same regional grand festival more than once?

Gumball Watterson
June 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
In the anime, can a coordinator enter the same regional grand festival more than once?

I would suppose so. I mean, it's only logical because it would be illogical to be denied entry after already working hard for 5 ribbons.

Moltres Rider
June 15th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I have been waiting for a LOOOOOOOONG time, pretty much since the start of Black & White... does anybody know when It will happen?

Kenshin5
June 15th, 2011, 10:45 AM
No we don't know yet. But considering it and Zekrom are in the half way break point of the episode and the fact that they have featured Luiga & Ho-oh, Kyogre & Groundon, Dialga & Palkia in episodes I am going to take a stab at this and say at some point done the road probably by the time we get to Dragon Spiral Tower we will see them.

Brittani
June 15th, 2011, 11:38 AM
None of us know, we pretty much know what you know. If you even crossed one of the staff members, they won't tell you. They aren't supposed, anyways.

PlatinumDude
June 15th, 2011, 04:26 PM
None of us know at the moment. But I think that Reshiram will appear towards the Unova League arc.

Mew~
June 15th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Like the others have already stated, we don't know yet. It will probably turn out like the games anyway, and we'll see them both straight after or during the league, this time and we could see N's castle ruin the ceremonys or something. But thats just my theory.

We will actually have the chance to see Reshiram in action in the upcoming movie, though. But that isn't considered canon though.

TheFuturePokemon
June 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Whats the time frame between each region?