PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Slasher Movie

The Riddler
September 30th, 2010, 12:28 PM
A "Slasher Movie" is a a horror movie genre.
Some typical slashers are: Friday the 13th, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

I personally like the Friday's franchise, an old classic.

What's your favorite Slasher Movie ?

Haza
September 30th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'd say the Child's Play films... they scared the hell out of me as a kid and I still enjoy watching them to this day. It's the only move that really gave me nightmares as hilarious as that may be.

Hiche..
September 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Scream, for one. It's one of the first slasher movies I watched, and I was a mere kid, so you would expect I was terrified after watching it. I re-watched it a couple of years ago and it was still as good and as scary as it was before. Weird thing I noticed is that, normally in slasher films, there wouldn't be any comedy or a proper plot or character development, but Scream was a movie that had those and also included famous actors.

And my personal favorite, I Know What You Did Last Summer and its sequel. One of the most original plots at that time, though now it's become formulaic. A group of teenagers accidentally kill someone and dispose of the body. After a while, he hunts them and kills them one by one. It's really one of the scariest movies I ever watched, and I also watched it when I was kid, repeated it last year.

The Riddler
October 1st, 2010, 07:25 AM
Scream, for one. It's one of the first slasher movies I watched, and I was a mere kid, so you would expect I was terrified after watching it. I re-watched it a couple of years ago and it was still as good and as scary as it was before. Weird thing I noticed is that, normally in slasher films, there wouldn't be any comedy or a proper plot or character development, but Scream was a movie that had those and also included famous actors.

And my personal favorite, I Know What You Did Last Summer and its sequel. One of the most original plots at that time, though now it's become formulaic. A group of teenagers accidentally kill someone and dispose of the body. After a while, he hunts them and kills them one by one. It's really one of the scariest movies I ever watched, and I also watched it when I was kid, repeated it last year.

Oh...I like the Scream Triology, too. The forth film will be out in April 2011. As for the I Know What You Did Last Summer...It was actually good, exept for the last one, when the killer was undead (?)...I'm not a fan of undead movies .

Agent Clank
October 1st, 2010, 08:27 AM
I liked the Halloween movies and the first Scream movie. (I haven't seen the rest yet)
The Halloween series is cool, because it has Micheal Myers and his catchy tune that comes on :D

Weeaboo Name
October 1st, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hatchet.
All of the Childs Play ones are good.
Screams are good.

Hmmmm can't really think.

Aphrodite
October 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM
Good ol' Friday the 13th and Childs Play are mine, they're both classics. Gotta love Chuckies dry wit.

RED BARON
October 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Scream and Halloween.

i love Slashers though. I'll watch any Slasher.

Weeaboo Name
October 1st, 2010, 04:35 PM
How could i forget Friday The 13th. One of the best.

Rinna
October 2nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Haven't watched Halloween ,but I have seen Freddy vs. Jason as well as Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

MEGAS
October 5th, 2010, 02:10 AM
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my all time fav Slasher movie to be #1
Big fan of Leatherface and so on :)

Haunted House of Onyx
October 20th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Nightmare on Elm Street. I find it almost creative as Friday the 13th. I love how Freddy Kruger twists your hobbies and fears and uses them against you. AWESOME!

But my all time fav is Dead Silence

mystletainn
October 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM
The Child's Play movies are disgusting and awful and should have never existed. I hate them more than anything.

The only slasher movies I like are the Scream movies. Pretty excited for the new one.

GaXeL
October 21st, 2010, 03:22 PM
Friday the thirteenth (especially Jason lives cause its cheesy) and Childs play, Childs play is the one wit chuckie, right?

Prometheus
October 28th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Halloween, The remake, So stupid but funny.

Zeffy
October 28th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Something not having Chuckie in it. I don't like Child's Play movies. :(
I'd watch any slasher film not having Chuckie in it, quite a lot if I do say so myself.