PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 07:17 AM
I don't know if this thread belongs here or in the JE section, so please move it where it belongs if necessary.

Adult Swim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim) is a TV network, shared by Cartoon Network that features shows, like Japanese anime, for example. It isn't a full-time TV channel so it has a limited number of shows to present for us.

My question here is that, do you think the Adult Swim should have its own channel?

poopnoodle
October 2nd, 2010, 07:38 AM
i imagine since AS is an american network, you're in the right place :-)

i never understood why they would incorporate an adult network into a child-oriented one, we all know kids are going to stay up late to catch these programs. i guess they felt the need to access all age groups. i could see AS being it's own separate-but-CN-based channel like Boomerang, i'm rather pessimistic about how successful the network would be on its own but it has grown quite a bit since it was first implemented (but imo the network's standards have gone down at the same time .~. but maybe im just saying that in a fit of biased nostalgic rage). still, i'd rather see the network separate from the innocent viewers :-(

Ayselipera
October 2nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Yes they should! I love Adult Swim and it's really annoying that it comes on so late at night because I can't really watch much of it due to school being so early in the morning. The only times I can really get a good watching of my favorite Adult Swim shows is either on the weekends (when the schedule of shows is all switched around and not to my likening) or during summer vacation/various vacations throughout the school year. I know that On Demand has a few Adult Swim shows that I can watch, but it's hardly enough and it's usually just all old episodes of a few shows to begin with.

I suppose Adult Swim is sort of like what Nick at Nite is to Nickelodeon, but a lot more racy considering the difference between Cartoon Network's daytime run of cartoons compared to Adult Swim's are directed at an entirely different age group. The difference between them are so different they shouldn't even be together. The only thing that really makes them alike is that both consist of mostly animated programs.

So like I said before yes Adult Swim should have its own channel. My main complaint being that I'm not always able to stay up as late as I want to watch all my favorite shows. D:

Charizard★
October 2nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
No. I think that its fine where its at, I mean theres only a couple of shows that air on that channel. :/

-Lapras-
October 2nd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Adult swim is ok, a lot of the time the shows aren't very up to date though. Watching on the web trumps AS imo.

Vader
October 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM
I don't know if this thread belongs here or in the JE section, so please move it where it belongs if necessary.

Adult Swim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim) is a TV network, shared by Cartoon Network that features shows, like Japanese anime, for example. It isn't a full-time TV channel so it has a limited number of shows to present for us.

My question here is that, do you think the Adult Swim should have its own channel?

I'd love it if Adult Swim became its own channel, because Cartoon Network is a shell of its former self and is unworthy to be graced by so awesome a program, such as Adult Swim.

Agent Clank
October 2nd, 2010, 08:42 AM
It would be awesome if they did! :D
Then we could actually have a good anime channel.

Martins
October 2nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
It would be nice to have its own channel, but they will need to either repeat each show 3 times or add more to keep up with 24/7 broadcast.

Angelique
October 6th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Yeahhh I used to watch the anime shows on Adult Swim, notably Code Geass, but also Inuyasha, FMA, etc. I thought it was gone now..?

Captain Hobo.
October 6th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I think it should have it's on channel, but I don't watch Adult Swim.

donavannj
October 6th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Yeahhh I used to watch the anime shows on Adult Swim, notably Code Geass, but also Inuyasha, FMA, etc. I thought it was gone now..?

That may depend on whether you live in the US or not. In the US, it's still very much on Cartoon Network, either on at 10 PM EST or 10 PM PST, depending on which of the 6 primary US time zones you live in.

And, if you do live in the US, they moved all their anime to Saturday nights, with Inuyasha being the last to air before the channel goes to regular Cartoon Network programming (usually Tom & Jerry, based on what my DVR has recorded at the end of the last Inuyasha recording). The anime doesn't start until after The Boondocks, though.

tigerfangred91
October 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Yea I really wish the comedy portion of AS had its own network. Programs like Aqua Teen, Home Movies, and all the other original AS offerings hold a dear place in my heart

SIN1488
October 20th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I like AS a lot, but I really don't think it has enough content to air different things 24/7. If it was playing shows all day, every day, they would go through whole seasons in less than a month. And since they hardly ever get any new stuff, it would get repetitive real quick. :/

I think it's fine where it's at.