PDA

View Full Version : J-E Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

digi-kun
October 2nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
This shall be replacing the watched/read last thread.

The thread is kind of self-explanitory, but here's your information table

This is a general discussion thread for anime, manga, tokusatsu, and J-drama.
All J-E Rules still apply.
Try and keep discussion about certain series in their respective threads if they have one.
Upcoming anime discussion goes here.
Spoilers...Spoilers are fun, spoilers are delicious. Spoilers should be put in [spoiler] tags.
Spoilers...Spoilers are fun, spoilers are delicious. Spoilers are considered to be 2-5 days after fansubs of said episode comes out. The discussion thread is fast-paced and it is assumed that people are generally up to date with their anime.
Spoilers...Spoilers are fun, spoilers are delicious. Huge plot twists count as spoilers plot twists in a series that does plot twists every episode/chapter do not [see Code Geass R2 & Bleach]
Keep it clean please. Flame wars aren't fun for the soul. If a debate starts, please make a thread focusing around the debate, and argue there.
I'm reserving the right for me to delete posts of a topic that starts getting too out of hand (Flame Wars, trolls, etc.)
Remember to be bright and happy and very にぱ~ at all times. Also, we ask that you keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times.
Lots of sweets make digi very melon. digi likes sweets. Remember to give digi a cookie or other such sweet-like object? :D (optional-like)

Guidelines are subject to change at any time without warning, though there will probably be an edit line here saying what I added.
All guidelines affect all posts. This means that if something started that I need to end because I missed a rule, it will be added, and posts may be deleted/warning post may be issued.

digi-kun
October 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
So let's start this conversation with the new season and thoughts of it since it's already started :p

/in before netto

Also, Yamada beat Tenshi in the Saimoe Tournament!

Netto Azure
October 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
IMMA GOING TO POST HERE FIRST AND SAYING THAT I LIEK HETALIA AND STUFFZ.

On the more serious side I still need to finish reading D.Gray Man.

Plus I started reading this weird manga called Parasyte. Scary stuff.

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Nice thread.

I never read D. Gray Man, but I watched the anime, almost. It was too long for me, so I took a break from it, and hopefully, will pick it up again someday.

I am currently reading Bakuman, and will watch the anime once its subbed, presumably tomorrow.

I heard of Parasyte. Isn't it like from the 90s?

RYOUKI
October 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Watched one episode of D. Gray Man and wasn't interested. I don't know why though, D. Gray Man has great reviews.

Weird manga I last read was Mirai Nikki, wtf, everyone keeps dying there. But good stuff.

But the last weird anime I watched was Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and MM!, talk about weird series.

Weeaboo Name
October 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
I like this a lot better than the other thread, good work whoever suggested it.

Anyway, promising start to the season. Sora no Otoshimono: Forte, MM! and Pokemon Best Wishes have already kicked off with good episodes.

I'm most eagerly awaiting Shinrei Tantei Yakumo as it's manga counterpart is one of my all time favourites. Yakumo Saitou is a badass.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai is another that might be ok although i haven't really read up on it at all.

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
But the last weird anime I watched was Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and MM!, talk about weird series.

Haha. I watched that as well. Some actually liked it, though it wasn't that bad, it was too weird for me.

MM! was exceptionally great, and Iron Man sucked. I am really waiting for Psychic Detective Yakumo and Bakuman. Some others too.

Jordan
October 2nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
How the heck did I miss this thread?

Plus I started reading this weird manga called Parasyte. Scary stuff.Ah, yes, I actually read Parasyte a few months back. Pretty interesting stuff, though I got involved with other stuff and forgot to continue reading it.

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge starts tomorrow, and I am seriously anticipating it. The first season surprised me and managed to climb its way to my top 5; I hope this season won't disappoint. More Nino would be appreciated.

Netto Azure
October 2nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
I heard of Parasyte. Isn't it like from the 90s?

Yes, the art style is also 90's like :P

Ah, yes, I actually read Parasyte a few months back. Pretty interesting stuff, though I got involved with other stuff and forgot to continue reading it.

Well, I have a ton of other manga to read plus school so yeah...

Anyways I am also keeping up with Bleach and Fairy Tail. :3

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
I got lost in Bleach :( I don't know where I reached exactly, and I really do not want to repeat any episodes I might have missed.

Some of my friends recommended I watch FT. It looks promising, considering the good reviews on MAL and the amount of episodes so far.

I want to watch Clannad, but from the reactions, feelings people have when finishing it, I am not so sure anymore.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 2nd, 2010, 01:23 PM
I don't have the patience to keep up with those longer series, lol.

Anyway, I'm currently catching up on series that I had previously dropped due to a dwindling DVD budget. Right now it's the second season of Ah My Goddess, which Funimation has streaming (and I've watched) up to episode 19. The remainder of the season should be up within the next one to two updates on Funi's site.

Jordan
October 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
The only long series I'd consider keeping up with is probably Fairy Tail, though I'm already too far behind on that one too. I

I want to watch Clannad, but from the reactions, feelings people have when finishing it, I am not so sure anymore.
Feelings? What kind of feelings? I'm curious. It's a pretty depressing show towards the end for sure, though it's a drama afterall.

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Sad ones. If you did watch it, wouldn't you say so? All my friends practically cried. So, yeah, THOSE after feelings or whatever.

Weeaboo Name
October 2nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
I cried a couple of times during the After Story. Still my my favourite anime of all time. Honestly it's worth the feeling a little down to see such a great story.

I'm up to date in the Bleach anime but it's annoying me a bit as each episode has so little content. I'm pretty sure i'll switch to the manga before long.

Fairy tail looks ok, i'm watching too much at the minute so it will probably be one i go to later on.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 2nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
I watched like the first 14 episodes of Fairy Tail in anime club during the last semester, but I haven't had the time to continue it since. Bleach has been an on and off thing, basically whenever I manage to catch it on Adult Swim.

There are some shorter series that I want to watch first before committing myself to a longer-running one.

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 02:05 PM
I have never been a fan of the mainstreams, to be honest; too many fillers. I like anime that run for 24 to 26 episodes, and that's it. A second season of the same length is bearable, but nothing more really. Though I am starting to like Fairy Tail a lot nowadays.

Jordan
October 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Sad ones. If you did watch it, wouldn't you say so? All my friends practically cried. So, yeah, THOSE after feelings or whatever.Like Lapras above, there were several moments in Clannad that got to me as well; however, I wouldn't say it was a negative experience by any means. I think if a story can be gripping enough to get people to feel strongly about it, then it's doing something right.

I usually cap the shows I'd like to watch at about 30 episodes or less, unless it's separated into seasons that can be finished one at a time without feeling disrupted (ex. Full Metal Panic, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei). I occasionally make exceptions for things that get unusually great reviews, though.

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
I might try it out, eventually, when I finish watching the Summer anime I missed or continue the ones I dropped. :\

I need to go now. Have a nice day/night, everyone. Take care.

otakulily
October 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
AM I THE ONLY ONE EXCITED FOR OREIMO

Anyway, I'm not even closed to finished with all the crap I started for Summer 2010 so I don't real know how many series I want to start. I'll probably end up dropping HOTD. lol.

jigglyppuff8
October 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM
Siscon reporting in. I want my oreimo already. Yosuga no sora too. ;A;

digi-kun
October 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Just finished with Bakuman 1 just now, everyone should go watch it when it gets subbed. It's a pretty cool series. {if it draws you in more, it's by the guys that did Death Note, not that it has any story similarities}

jigglyppuff8
October 2nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
gg's already got you covered. b''b

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8710/1286073462374.jpg

I'm still working out what I'm watching when, so I haven't started any of the fall anime yet. :x

digi-kun
October 2nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
oh, I generally watch raws, so I don't bother with subs off the bat XD

Well, don't forget fansubbers have the problem of subbing the OP as well, so it's best to estimate 1-3 days after release. Besides, it's not like all the series are aired yet.

Hiche..
October 2nd, 2010, 11:26 PM
I am downloading the first episode of Bakuman. This should be good.

Anybody watches Tegami Bachi? The first episode of the second season has been subbed, so yeah.

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 01:41 AM
Bakuman looks good, i'm a little disappointed that the couple that i really want to watch don't seem to be at the top of fan subbers lists. :(

Looks like i'll be watching that and Best Wishes ep 3 today.

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 02:26 AM
I just finished watching Bakuman episode 1, and it was like I expected: very good. I did not mind the art at all, like some have said, but it wasn't the best as well. The episode felt a little bit rushed to me, but in a good way.

TAKAGI LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE SHIZUO FROM DURARARA!

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 02:38 AM
I've just watched it as well, another promising start. Not quite what i would expect from Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata though(creators of Death Note). I've Not seen Drrr but he looks really like a guy someone on PC was using for their theme, probably Takagi.

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 02:45 AM
Yeah. I could have been better, but oh well, was still entertaining enough for me to see this one through the end.

Psychic Detective Yakumo! Nobody is/finished subbing it :(

SuperiorCat
October 3rd, 2010, 02:54 AM
Episode 1 of Bakuman was actually extremely enjoyable compared to what I imagined.

And MM had a very strong opening episode, I'm very impressed.
I'm really looking forward to Arakawa Season 2 now.
Overall It's been a really strong start to the Fall(Autumn) Season. I hope Psychic Detective and Arakawa are just as good.

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 04:36 AM
Anybody else thinks Fortune Arterial looks good?

The second season of Sora No Otoshimono looks good, but I'll watch it after its done airing. :o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 3rd, 2010, 05:10 AM
I haven't been able to start any of the new fall shows yet. I'll wait to hear what others on here think of them before I commit.

Right now I just wrapped watching Minami-Ke. Quite the funny series, but there are two seasons after this one and I'm not sure whether to go ahead and watch them now or come back to them later.

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 05:11 AM
Fortune Arterial looks fine, by looking at it's genres - Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Vampire, Harem - you can kinda tell what you're going to get. The artwork and character design do look nice though. The show doesn't immediately jump out at me so i'll wait to see what what people think of it before deciding if i'll watch.

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 05:21 AM
Fortune Arterial looks fine, by looking at it's genres - Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Vampire, Harem - you can kinda tell what you're going to get. The artwork and character design do look nice though. The show doesn't immediately jump out at me so i'll wait to see what what people think of it before deciding if i'll watch.
By the genres, it kind of reminds me of R+V which gives me an urge to watch it. But I'll probably wait until its done airing to watch it.

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 05:31 AM
Fortune Arterial, from the description and genres, looks a little bit formulaic, as in 'we see a lot of anime like this one'. It does resemble R+V in a way, too, so I am probably going to check it out once it reaches a certain amount of episodes. I'll watch the first episode, though and review it a bit if some want to know if it's any good.

People from MAL are actually liking Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, it wasn't bad, very weird :O Anybody liked this one?

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 05:34 AM
Fortune Arterial, from the description and genres, looks a little bit formulaic, as in 'we see a lot of anime like this one'. It does resemble R+V in a way, too, so I am probably going to check it out once it reaches a certain amount of episodes. I'll watch the first episode, though and review it a bit if some want to know if it's any good.

People from MAL are actually liking Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, it wasn't bad, very weird :O Anybody liked this one?
The art in that looks horrible in my opinion so I won't watch it :x

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 05:39 AM
Lol. It being a very eccentric anime is what makes it good and humorous.

I am going to watch Best Wishes episode 1, with English subs. Are the voices okay? Whoever watched it..

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 05:45 AM
Lol. It being a very eccentric anime is what makes it good and humorous.

XD
But, I'm still kind of picky when it comes to art work.

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 05:50 AM
You're right. Art is important in an anime. :D

The High School of the Dead manga is way better than the anime.

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 05:53 AM
You're right. Art is important in an anime. :D

I've never read the manga, but isn't it still going on? The anime seems shorter for some reason.

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 05:54 AM
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt looks odd, like a grown up version of the Powerpuff Girls. The art looks unique, not terrible not fantastic. I'll give it a pass at least for a while anyway.

I prefer the subbed Japanese version of Pokemon to the dub. The only thing you have to get used to is new names and so on. Meowth sounds like a proper villain in the Japanese version. Also if you watch on animefushigi there is a "trollsub" version which is pretty funny.

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 05:57 AM
Yeah, it is. The anime did not reach chapter 18 or even less, and the manga has 27 or so chapters (some extras). :D

OH okay. Thanks -Lapras-, I will try it out now.

Jordan
October 3rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
I've never read the manga, but isn't it still going on? The anime seems shorter for some reason.
The anime only managed one chapter per episode, and like Hiche said, it's now in the high 20's in terms of chapters. Too bad it's been licensed and the scanlation groups and ceased to continue the project. Now you have to wait a few years for the licensed manga to reach where it is now before you can read new stuff.

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 06:21 AM
The anime only managed one chapter per episode, and like Hiche said, it's now in the high 20's in terms of chapters. Too bad it's been licensed and the scanlation groups and ceased to continue the project. Now you have to wait a few years for the licensed manga to reach where it is now before you can read new stuff.
That sucks. D: Do you think there will be a second season?

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 08:08 AM
I do think there will be a second season, seeing as the ending wasn't much of a finale.

I just watched the first episode of Best Wishes. What I liked are the voices of James and Jessy, though Meowth's was weird, in my opinion. All others were okay. And Ash ages backwards, WTF? He's tiny! I liked Shootie or whatever his name is; he isn't exactly like Paul, rather a mix between Gary and Paul.

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
Without knowing any official facts i would be pretty certain that there will be another season of HOTD. No loose ends were tied up and they were basically setting out on a new adventure (the metaphor was the long road riddled with danger ahead). I hope the new season comes not too long after the OVA.

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
That would be good. I enjoyed watching HOTD.

otakulily
October 3rd, 2010, 08:40 AM

This was so entertaining in the oddest way possible. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be the best comedy of the season. So incredibly stupid, yet such a guilty pleasure.

EVERYONE SAYS THIS. I mean, I haven't read the manga myself, but from the few episodes I've seen, saying the manga is better isn't saying very much. God awful fan service in my zombie slaying anime? Do not want.

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
I was going to read it but as soon as I wanted to, it got licensed. I should have read it back in '08 :/

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
I started reading today, if you want it Char★ all 27 chapters are on mangareader. As for fan service ruining it, i don't think it did. A few occasions i was left thinking "that was not really needed" or "wow the producer must really like panty shots" but it didn't take away from the story or anything. Also it calmed down a lot after episode 6/7 if i remember correctly.

I think people might me thinking the manga is better because there are more chapters. From what i can see the anime stuck stuck petty much to every word of the chapters they used so there's no other reasons really.

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Not really. Yes, there are more chapters, but I did not like it because of that. I just..prefer(ed) the manga, that's all. That's just me, by the way. The anime wasn't bad, at all, though. And the manga, after 14 chapters, toned down the fanservice and more action, which I think the anime will do if a second season is announced.

I think Psychic Detective Yakumo is being subbed and will be released tonight or the first thing tomorrow morning. FINALLY!

Owl
October 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
I started reading today, if you want it Char★ all 27 chapters are on mangareader. As for fan service ruining it, i don't think it did. A few occasions i was left thinking "that was not really needed" or "wow the producer must really like panty shots" but it didn't take away from the story or anything. Also it calmed down a lot after episode 6/7 if i remember correctly.

I think people might me thinking the manga is better because there are more chapters. From what i can see the anime stuck stuck petty much to every word of the chapters they used so there's no other reasons really.
Ah, thanks! I'll read it later on, I have 2 reports to write now -_-

Hiche..
October 3rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
I am watching Kanon (2006) and it's going good so far. Did anybody see it, and is it better than the old Kanon?

jigglyppuff8
October 3rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
You're comparing dated 2002 Toei animation's 13 episode work to 2006 KyoAni's 24 episode work. It should go without saying that the 2006 version is undoubtedly better.

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
+1

I personally loved Kanon 2006. Awesome characters, art, story and delivery of the story. It shares a lot of themes with Clannad which is also a good thing in my book. You'll enjoy i for sure ^^,

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 3rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
I started watching Kanon 2006, but then my DVD money ran out. Since it's licensed in the US, is there any legal site that's streaming it?

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Are animefreak or animefushigi legal? they both have it.

jigglyppuff8
October 3rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Those sites are illegal technically. :x

I see the first 4 episodes on FUNimation's site and Hulu, but that's it.

Weeaboo Name
October 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
*Pokerface*

Ah, sorry no idea then.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 3rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Those sites are illegal technically. :x

I see the first 4 episodes on FUNimation's site and Hulu, but that's it.
Damn, those are the four episodes I HAVE seen...

Anyway, I've just watched the first five episodes of Minami-Ke Okaeri (the second season). It's not as funny as the first and it even looks like another studio produced it, but what the hey, I'll stick with it for now :P

SuperiorCat
October 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
I am watching Kanon (2006) and it's going good so far. Did anybody see it, and is it better than the old Kanon?

I actually finished watching Kanon 2006 today. I haven't watched the original, but I definitely will at some point, just to compare.
I thoroughly enjoyed Kanon. Very emotional, I didn't enjoy the Mai arc, I like my anime's to be somewhat realistic and believable to an extent. But the Makoto and Ayu arc's were beautiful, I was on the verge of tears.

jigglyppuff8
October 3rd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Mai's arc was one of my favorites actually. A nice break from all the "kawaii uguu auu" that was going on. Also, she looked stunning in that dress.
Makoto's is higher up on my list. It was ;________;.
Ayu's was average. I hate it when the hero/ine blames themselves for stuff that couldn't be helped.
Shirori's was easily forgotten.

SuperiorCat
October 3rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
I don't know. Out of all the characters I think the one that developed the least (after their arc) was Mai.
I feel that Ayu's and Nayuki's arc's were rushed. (If you could even call Nayuki's story an arc .-.) I would have liked to cut an episode off Mai's or Shirori's arc and seen some more backstory with Nayuki and her mom.
I think the only arc that I can say that I safely liked was Makoto's.
I actually loved the story behind Ayu, but I feel they could have gone deeper, some more tradegy moments with Yuuichi would have been nice.
Shirori's arc... I'm going to be honest, I didn't really understand it. Perhaps, I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't get the ending.

One thing that I would have liked was if it ended on episode 23, and not 24. I found that the final episode did add closure and some bits were vital, but I think I would have been happier if the story didn't come to such a unrealistic ending. But that's just me.

Jordan
October 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Ah, I have fond memories of Kanon (2006). The end of Makoto's arc was the first time I ;____; with an anime. It's funny since I thoroughly enjoyed (if you consider being emotionally shaken enjoyable) all the side heroine's arcs while I thought Ayu's arc was quite average. Still one of my favorite series, though.

SuperiorCat
October 3rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
Just watched the first episode of My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.
It had a surprisingly good first episode, considering that the trailer wasn't that strong.
Although, I'm a bit doubtful on how the story can progress. =/
.-.

Weeaboo Name
October 4th, 2010, 01:58 AM
I'm with you there SC, it watched it last night and agree. I guess only time will tell.

Still no subs for Shinrei Tantei Yakumo. I know i'm being a little impatient but ijust had to be the anime i was looking forward too most didn't it.

Ryoutarou
October 4th, 2010, 04:12 AM
You're comparing dated 2002 Toei animation's 13 episode work to 2006 KyoAni's 24 episode work. It should go without saying that the 2006 version is undoubtedly better.Not necessarily. I was bored by the 2006 version, while I was actually able to breeze through Toei's series pretty darn fast. More episodes often leaves more time for more filler.

digi-kun
October 4th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Just watched the first episode of My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.
It had a surprisingly good first episode, considering that the trailer wasn't that strong.
Although, I'm a bit doubtful on how the story can progress. =/
.-.

Indeedy, as expected of a manga that runs out of Dengeki, though the catch-up factor may be an issue since it runs monthly

Hiche..
October 4th, 2010, 04:31 AM
The first episode of Star Driver: something has been released today, and subbed. Anybody watched that? I am hoping it's not like Heroman is any way.

Weeaboo Name
October 4th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I don't really like mecha too much but the plot sounds ok.

Yosuga no Sora looks like it has potential. The moving back to an old place after tragedy strikes in the family has been done a million times over, but something about it looks good. Pretty artwork as well.

digi-kun
October 4th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Nyeh, Star Driver was more amusing that I thought it would be, especially with the whole masquerade thing going on. It's definitely going on my watch list for my mecha slot along with Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector (for obvious reasons)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 4th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I'm not a mecha person either, really. And I just found out from MAL that I'm watching the second and third seasons of Minami-ke in reverse order :/ Meh, it is one of those slice of life shows where order doesn't really matter, so I don't think it's too big a deal.

Hiche..
October 4th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Star Driver was too fast, I go lost!

I am STILL waiting for Psychic Detective Yakumo.

jigglyppuff8
October 4th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Not necessarily. I was bored by the 2006 version, while I was actually able to breeze through Toei's series pretty darn fast. More episodes often leaves more time for more filler.

But when it comes to a series based of a VN with multiple routes, having those episodes helps to bring out more important detail that could've been missed without them. Also, your post has some tricky wording. You say you went through them fast, but you didn't specify whether you enjoyed it or not. Care to clarify? In the end, Kanon just might not have been your cup of tea.

Owl
October 4th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Would you say that Kanon 2006 is better or comparable to Clannad?

SuperiorCat
October 4th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Would you say that Kanon 2006 is better or comparable to Clannad?

I wouldn't say better. But seeing as the were both made by Kyoto Ani/Key, I would definitely say they're easily comparable.
In Kanon and Clannad, the theme is always tragedy, followed by a miracle.

Weeaboo Name
October 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Comparable in a lot of ways but no way near better in my opinion.

jigglyppuff8
October 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Kanon holds a better place in my book than CLANNAD S1. All the heroines in Kanon had much more touching stories than CLANNAD's Nagisa/Fuuko/Kotomi/Nagisa. CLANNAD as a whole definitely tops Kanon though.

Owl
October 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Then I'll watch Kanon (Both or 2006?) after I'm done with Clannad ~AS~.

Weeaboo Name
October 4th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Psychic Detective Yakumo episode one was pretty damn awesome. I was worried it wouldn't be as good as the manga but all worries have been exorcised. The episode was the first 3 chapters of the Akai Hitomi wa Shitteiru earlier manga with a few bits shuffled around and a little bit of character redesigning.

Potential anime of the season.

Jordan
October 4th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Then I'll watch Kanon (Both or 2006?) after I'm done with Clannad ~AS~.I say just go with the 2006 version. There's nothing in the Toei version that the 2006 version doesn't, along with better art, animation and music.

Watched MM! earlier today since I got tired of waiting for my Arakawa 2 to be released. The first episode was vastly mediocre, but since I love masochist humor, I enjoyed it more than I would normally have.

digi-kun
October 4th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Yosuga no Sora has an OP by Eufonius. That means I like it already.

twocows
October 4th, 2010, 06:43 PM
You should all read Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Classy witches with classy music, gore everywhere, Battler-chan, all around great stuff. Too bad the adaptation was so crappy.

Super excited for Index S2.

Weeaboo Name
October 5th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Yosuga no Sora

This show was a little less innocent than I thought it was going to be. I think it does have potential to be a very good series though. The show reminded me of quite a few things , Myself ; Yourself was one of them, H2O: Footprints in the Sand another. Let's just hope it doesn't go in the same direction as School Days.

Anyone else planning on watching this?

Rynner
October 5th, 2010, 04:27 AM
To be completely honest, I did not like the story of Yosuga no Sora much. I might try it out, though, only to see if it's any good, but most probably, I will not follow through with it. What I am really waiting for, and luckily, it has been subbed, is Otome Youkai Zakuro. The story looks quite original and it has a nice setting, during the Meiji period/era.

The new Fall anime, so far, are not bad at all, which is opposite of what I initially expected. They all had a solid start, though some felt a little rushed, to me, such as Star Driver and Bakuman. MM! was exceptional and it most likely will be the best anime to watch this Fall.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 5th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Yosuga no Sora might have to be a series for me to keep an eye on. I'm still looking through reviews and stuff to see which fall anime may or may not garner my interest.

Meanwhile I'm still working on the second and third seasons of Minami-ke, which aren't as funny as the first but charming in their own way.

digi-kun
October 5th, 2010, 06:45 AM
MM! was exceptional and it most likely will be the best anime to watch this Fall.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. As amusing as an S&M comedy show seems, there's plenty of other shows that have better premises.

I think the best thing about the season is that there's a nice variety instead of the overdose of sit-around comedy shows.

Mecha fans have Star Driver and Super Robot Taisen
The comedy set have a nice chunk of shows [Arakawa II, MM!]
The fanservice shows have a foothold too [Sora no Otoshimono, ToLoveRu]
There's even a straight romance one [Yosuga no Sora]
In addition, there's a fairly big name Eroge show [Fortune Arterial]
There's a nice bit of action as well [Nurarihyon no Mago from last season, Index II].
Milky Holmes is probably gonna be big too, seeing as the PSP reservations sold out in a matter of a few weeks.
Ore no Imouto has been big for a while, even before its anime release, seeing as its a Dengeki G's manga
Oh and then there's Bakuman, which I've been looking forward to since its announcement.

Also, the return of the cat gun.

Rynner
October 5th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I meant to say the best comedy anime this Fall. Excuse me for not being clear, considering I enjoyed multiple anime over this.

I just watched some of the new anime, some of which are: Otome Youkai Zakuro and Super Robot Taisen. The former wasn't as good as I expected, but it was rather an enjoyable first episode, and I probably will sitick with it, for now. The latter had an OK first episode, though, they could have slowed the pace down a bit; it's a little bit fast, for me that is. Nonetheless, I will stick with this one, too, and see how it goes.

Summing everything up, this wasn't a disappointing collection of anime, at all.

SuperiorCat
October 5th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Wooowwwww. Psychic Detective Yakumo was definitely worth the painful wait for subs. Brilliant first episode. And I'm in love with the opening theme. <3

First episode of Arakawa Season 2 was great, as I expected it to be. I plan to re-watch the first season before next week's episode.

Yosuga no Sora didn't have a brilliant first episode, but it definitely does show promise. I'm going to keep watching it anyway. n_n

Overall, I'm very impressed with Fall/Autumn season so far.
I can't wait for Fortune Arterial now. o:

Hiche..
October 5th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Wooowwwww. Psychic Detective Yakumo was definitely worth the painful wait for subs. Brilliant first episode. And I'm in love with the opening theme. <3

First episode of Arakawa Season 2 was great, as I expected it to be. I plan to re-watch the first season before next week's episode.

Yosuga no Sora didn't have a brilliant first episode, but it definitely does show promise. I'm going to keep watching it anyway. n_n

Overall, I'm very impressed with Fall/Autumn season so far.
I can't wait for Fortune Arterial now. o:

I second everything you said. PDY had a great first episode, and I loved both the OP and ED songs and themes.

Saitou
October 5th, 2010, 09:41 AM
After waiting forever for the release of fine subs for Psychic Detective Yakumo, I finally managed to watch it, and luckily, the subs were great. I am not usually the person to judge and rate an anime by the first episode, I need to watch at least four episodes to do so. However, seeing as I read the manga and had a general idea on the story and how it is going to be applied, I can honestly admit that the anime, first episode anyways, was as good as or ever better than the manga. It hit off on a good, promising start.

jigglyppuff8
October 5th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I am watching Yosuga no Sora for the promised wincest. :|

Jordan
October 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Arakawa Bridge x Bridge's first episode was just...<3 I planned to watch at least one episode of Yosuga no Sora, but now I'm having second thoughts. Some people thought it would be less tame than this, I actually expected the opposite. How could a show with a eufonius OP be so... :x?

digi-kun
October 5th, 2010, 12:55 PM
In other news, the Saimoe top 8 are up

Nagi Sanzenin [Hayate the Combat Butler] vs. Mafuyu Shiina [Seitokai no Ichizon]
Koromo Amae [Saki] vs. Ruiko Saten [Railgun]
Shana [Shakugan no Shana] vs. Nodoka Haramura [Saki]
Aoi Yamada [Working!] vs. Azusa Nanako [K-on!]

Interesting reports on the characters
Nagi WAS supposed to win Saimoe 2007 if not for the Americans tipping the scales towards Rika
Mafuyu assassinated Hinagiku in round 1, and Senjougahara in round 3
Koromo generally went through her bracket without any trouble.
Ruiko beat out Tsumugi in round 1, and Fate in round 3, likely because Misaka got eliminated.
Shana beat Nanoha and Yuri, in Round 3 and 1 respectively
Nodoka generally went through unchallenged except for Maria [HayaCon]
Aoi Yamada caused one of the biggest ragefests this year by defeating Tenshi.
Azusa beat Misaka by 26 votes due to focus on Azusa and away from Mio [who was participating in the same round].

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 5th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I fin it rather funny and awesome that Saki is the only series that has two characters that made it in the top eight. Pretty good series, I watched it either earlier this year or late last year.

Owl
October 5th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Just watched Clannad ~AS~ up to episode 18. I cried so much. I'm such a baby ;~;

jigglyppuff8
October 5th, 2010, 02:31 PM
We all did. We ALL did.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/500/1284832590405.jpg

Pic is just sad.

Owl
October 5th, 2010, 02:38 PM
It reminded me of my dads friend, same thing basically happened, and he enrolled in the army and got himself killed. I would have done the same tho.

Weeaboo Name
October 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM
It didn't even remind me of any bad memories. It just really got me. OMG Ushio is cute though xD

digi-kun
October 6th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Anyone watch Shinryaku Ika Musume yet? It's a fun "Let's take over the world"/"Don't pollute the ocean" anime XD

Saitou
October 6th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Haha, yes, it was very funny. I never expected it to be that good, and it managed to follow the manga very well.

Hiche
October 6th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I did watch Shinryaku Ika Musume, to be honest, it wasn't all that bad. I mean, I read the manga and it was fairly good, and like Saitou said, it managed to follow the manga well. I wouldn't say it will be in my top anime this Fall, but I will surely follow through with it.

Arakawa Under the Bridge was just amazing. Anyone watched that?

Owl
October 6th, 2010, 02:27 PM
^Nope. That anime kinda freaks me out because of the star head guy.

OMFG Clannad and its sequel was the best anime ever. I really loved it. Did you guys like it?

jigglyppuff8
October 6th, 2010, 02:37 PM
If Hoshi of all people in that show freaks you out, then you really haven't given it that much of a chance. Just like the underlying message of the show, it's not afraid to be totally out there and be different in such a good way. Definitely one of the best comedies of this Spring and soon to be Autumn. Also, Studio SHAFT.

And CLANNAD was like last year. :x

Owl
October 6th, 2010, 02:52 PM
If Hoshi of all people in that show freaks you out, then you really haven't given it that much of a chance. Just like the underlying message of the show, it's not afraid to be totally out there and be different in such a good way. Definitely one of the best comedies of this Spring and soon to be Autumn. Also, Studio SHAFT.

And CLANNAD was like last year. :x
I still think it was good :x

But, its weird I mean, how the heck did he get that head? Some kind of magic? O.o

Toddler Naruto
October 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I am currently watching the following Fall 2010 Anime: Bakuman, Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, Iron Man Anime, Ore No Imouto, Otome Yokai Zakuro, Psychic Detective Yakumo, Star Driver, and The World God Only Knows.

So far my fave fall 2010 anime is Bakuman, since I read Chapters 1-13 of the manga last year.

SuperiorCat
October 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Clannad is incredible.
After watching AS, I went into a sort of 'anime recoil', for a while any anime that I watched just didn't seem good, and I couldn't get into it, just because of the high standards that Clannad set.

Anyway, I just watched the first episode of The World God Only Knows, and I know I've said this about nearly all of the animes this season, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I really am enjoying this season.
Can't wait for Fortune Arterial!! ;D

jigglyppuff8
October 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM
This doesn't get revealed until close to the end butit's a mask. He doesn't even try to hide the fact.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2191/hoshi.gif
[css-span=font-size:27px;]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◙▬▬▬
                 ◂◂  ►  ▐ ▌  ◼  ▸▸
                  ʳʷ  ᵖˡᵃʸ  ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ  ˢᵗᵒᵖ  ᶠᶠ[/css-span]

Owl
October 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I still find him creepy nonetheless. :/

Weeaboo Name
October 6th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I started watching Under The Bridge and it was very unique. It had LOLWAT humour like the second season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and pretty clever writing. I appreciated that but i couldn't get into it. Star was creepy and Sister was funny.

From your high rated anime on your list i thought Clannad and the After Story would be big winners with you C. Best series ever.

Jordan
October 6th, 2010, 05:47 PM
What initially attracted me to Arakawa Under the Bridge was the OP and ED; before I saw them, I never really thought it had any potential. I loved its over-the-top but nonetheless charming humor, Kou's and Nino's strange but endearing relationship, and its unique take on the message of being true to and being free to express yourself. It actually made its way to my top 5 list, beating out the likes of TTGL and Baccano!

Char. You've seen Kiss X Sis. You can handle a guy with a star for a head.

Netto Azure
October 6th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Well the Bleach manga seems to be near it's end. I was hoping Naruto would be the first one done in. :U

Hiche
October 7th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I loved reading Bleach. :( Oh, well, I still have many chapters to read.

Did anybody watch The World God Only Knows?

Weeaboo Name
October 7th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Bleach does feel as if it's coming to an ending. :(

Manga Spoilers.

With Aizen sealed the main villain is gone, what has taken like 9 - 10 years to get to has now been done.

Saying that i would think Bleach would still be a good franchise so they could easily put out a short filler arc or two.

------

Anyway today's anime first episodes i'll be watching.

Motto To Love-Ru: Trouble - To Love-Ru was pretty good for the harem comedy genre so i'm looking forward for this.

The World Only God Knows - Dating sim addict signs a contract which means he has to unlock real girls hearts in order to catch runaway spirits. Might be terrible but Kanae Itou is voicing one of the main characters so i'll give it a go.

EDIT - Watched them both.

Good start to motto i guess, pretty predictable but fun all the same. The World Only God Knows opener was also decent enough. I very much doubt either of these will beat Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, Bakuman or Yosuga no Sora for anime of the season though.

digi-kun
October 7th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Well the Bleach manga seems to be near it's end. I was hoping Naruto would be the first one done in. :U

Ya, now that they're doing all their farewells, hopefully he's finally going to stop the series.

But ya Naruto...........well, let's just say the author has publically announced his intentions to make Naruto the longest running manga ever so......ya, he has no intention to end it anytime soon.

Meanwhile One Piece is shaping up pretty well for the "2 Years After" time

SuperiorCat
October 7th, 2010, 10:47 AM
[negative opinion]
Bleach and Naruto kinda make me want to go and kill myself.
[/negative opinion]

I watched the first episode of Motto to Love-ru, and I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. Although, I can't say that I was expecting anything out of it.

Whilst everyone is giving their opinions of Arakawa, I'm going to give my own. Personally, I loved the first season, all of the characters are pure genius. I glad they wasted no time in not only announcing the second season but also airing it, and the first episode of x Bridge was amazing. So amazing that I spent most of yesterday and part of today re-watching the first season. :3 Also freaky star guy with a mask is not that freaky.

I'm loving the fall season. Everything I anticipated has really been amazing.
Without looking at the list of upcoming anime in the fall season, I'm presuming that the only one left that I really want to watch is Fortune Arterial. aaaa When does that air? ;-;

Hiche
October 7th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Fortune Arterial will air on October 9 :( The preview episode was on October 2, so many mistook it as the first episode or something.

Why did I write Teller?

A Pixy
October 7th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Ya, now that they're doing all their farewells, hopefully he's finally going to stop the series.

But ya Naruto...........well, let's just say the author has publically announced his intentions to make Naruto the longest running manga ever so......ya, he has no intention to end it anytime soon.

Meanwhile One Piece is shaping up pretty well for the "2 Years After" time

Oda said he wants 120+ volumes, so One Piece is half-over.

It's been 13 years since it started, so it'll end 2023-ish. I have mixed feelings. D:

Oh, and Golgo 13 (1969) is still going on so...

Masashi Kishimoto is going writing Naruto to his death bed. o3o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 7th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I'm completely at awe how any series could last that long. Whether it's anime or manga, I prefer my series short and sweet.

Then again, action-heavy shonen isn't my cup of tea, either.

Owl
October 7th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Actually Bleach might have two more arcs before it ends.

Its pretty much my favorite anime or one of my favorites. Hopefully it won't end soon D: But, hopefully it won't end in a long time D:

Ryoutarou
October 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I used to use Dragonball Z as the benchmark for uber long shounen series and now I find it amusing that Bleach will have matched its episode count in the next run and somehow been more drawn out. I liked it at first, but sometime after the Bount arc it just lost its magic for me and became so incredibly repetitive.

's probably why I like One Piece so much, it manages to be so very long, but it never feels draw out. The action is fluid, the story doesn't sputter around and trick you into thinking things are over and there aren't any "Just as planned!" moments like in Bleach.

Owl
October 7th, 2010, 03:57 PM
DBZ used to scare me as a kid, and now I just find it weird, and I don't plan on watching it o.o

jigglyppuff8
October 7th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Just saw Yosuga no Sora 01. IT WAS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND MORE.

Weeaboo Name
October 7th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I watched a few episodes of Dragon Ball as a kid but I didn't stick with it then so i doubt i would like it now.

By exactly what you expected, is that a good or bad thing? I enjoyed the first ep although without reading the manga i do fear it could become a bit like School Days. Hope it doesn't though obviously. twincest ftw.

jigglyppuff8
October 7th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I went into this thing with no prior knowledge other than it was based off an incest eroge. Looking up some details on vndb, I see no mention of a bad end, so... let's hope not? ;;

digi-kun
October 7th, 2010, 08:05 PM
The World God Only Knows was quite amusing. Applying Galge to real life is really pretty amusing. XD Also, the music in the ep is good and fits the mood. Makes for a very nice anime

A Pixy
October 8th, 2010, 03:49 AM
's probably why I like One Piece so much, it manages to be so very long, but it never feels draw out. The action is fluid, the story doesn't sputter around and trick you into thinking things are over and there aren't any "Just as planned!" moments like in Bleach.

It's probably because One Piece wraps up it's story and moves onto the next one. And because the plot never stops moving for fights. Full episodes are never dedicated to fights and when a fight does last long, it's because it keeps getting interrupted by the plot. And that is something all Shonen authors can learn from.

Netto Azure
October 8th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I REALLY wanted to get distasted and not do an essay that I started reading High School of the Dead. xD

otakulily
October 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Why is Mirai Nikki an OVA and not a series? D:

digi-kun
October 8th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Why is Mirai Nikki an OVA and not a series? D:

It's actually not an OVA either, it's a pilot episode. The series itself has been confirmed, but unconfirmed on when its gonna air.

Akirα
October 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I'm really surprised of this Fall's anime releases, considering many were disappointed when they saw the new shows and watched their previews, however, now that they aired, most anime are getting above average to great reviews just from the pilot episode. I was actually one of the few that was anticipating this season's anime listings, and till now, nothing failed to satisfy me and hopefully it will stay that way.

Some of the anime I very much enjoyed and will follow through with it are: MM!, Star Driver, Bakuman, Otomo Yokai Zakuro, [Motto] To Love-Ru, SRW OG, and Psychic Detective Yakumo (a bit generic, nevertheless, interesting enough).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 8th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I haven't seen any new anime this fall that's attracted my interest.

Which is why I'm currently watching Magical Stage Fancy Lala, a mahou shoujo series from 1998 xD Old school mahou shoujo FTW!

Akirα
October 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I am not a fan of the mahou-shoujo franchise, but I watched Fancy Lala two or so years ago, and it wasn't bad during its time.

I was recommended to watch White Album. Did someone here ever watch or read it?

SuperiorCat
October 8th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Just finished Fortune Arterial. It was alright, I think I might have expected too much out of it.

The first episode had a rather slow start, but the ending did show promise.
The only thing that I can really say that was bad about it is that at times it was too nice, people were too friendly, I can't really think of a good term to describe it. ;-;

Overall, considering that It's the first episode it was pretty good. And I have no doubts that I will continue watching this anime. o:

otakulily
October 8th, 2010, 01:39 PM
It's actually not an OVA either, it's a pilot episode. The series itself has been confirmed, but unconfirmed on when its gonna air.

OH GOD YES. I've been lied to 356547657 times by MAL, but never have I been happier that MAL sucks at categorizing.

*reasons to live to 2011 increased to 1*

Owl
October 8th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Planning to watch Clannad Movie tonight then maybe some Asu no Yoichi.

jigglyppuff8
October 8th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I've got what I'm planning to watch for the next few weeks right down to the date.

Sunday: Aoi Hana, Bakuman
Monday: Baccano!, Baka to Test to Shokanjuu, MM!
Tuesday: Toradora!, Bakemonogatari, Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge
Wednesday: Eden of the East, Star Driver, OreImo
Thursday: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Pokemon Best Wishes!, Yosuga no Sora
Friday: Angel Beats!, Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou, Soredemo
Saturday: Seitokai no Ichizon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sasameki Koto, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Owl
October 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM
^You haven't watched AB! yet?

Heres my plan for this week:
Asu no Yoichi
Bakemonogatari
Myself;Yourself

And throw in some old Bleach episodes and thats it.

jigglyppuff8
October 8th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I've already watched it. I just felt like rewatching it because some of the characters, scenes, and significance went over my head a few times, so for clairty TK.

A Pixy
October 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I've got what I'm planning to watch for the next few weeks right down to the date.

Sunday: Aoi Hana, Bakuman
Monday: Baccano!, Baka to Test to Shokanjuu, MM!
Tuesday: Toradora!, Bakemonogatari, Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge
Wednesday: Eden of the East, Star Driver, OreImo
Thursday: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Pokemon Best Wishes!, Yosuga no Sora
Friday: Angel Beats!, Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou, Soredemo
Saturday: Seitokai no Ichizon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sasameki Koto, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

I have a schedule like that too.

Monday: Cowboy Bebop
Tuesday: Dragon Ball Z Kai
Wednesday: Gintama
Thursday: Nyoro~n Churuya-san (x3)
Friday: Rurouni Kenshin
Saturday: All
Sunday: All

And about 20 minutes of Mobile Suit Gundam I scattered everywhere. n_n

But I guess I can fit in more shows that that. /Goes to look through PlanToWatch

Owl
October 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I have a schedule like that too.

Monday: Cowboy Bebop
Tuesday: Dragon Ball Z Kai
Wednesday: Gintama
Thursday: Nyoro~n Churuya-san (x3)
Friday: Rurouni Kenshin
Saturday: All
Sunday: All

And about 20 minutes of Mobile Suit Gundam I scattered everywhere. n_n

But I guess I can fit in more shows that that. /Goes to look through PlanToWatch
Is that any good? I've heard some bad things about it o.o

A Pixy
October 8th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Is that any good? I've heard some bad things about it o.o

Weird, I hear nothing but praise.

Deserved praise. It's a good show. n_n

Owl
October 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Weird, I hear nothing but praise.

Deserved praise. It's a good show. n_n
Whats it about? :o
I want to see if I'd be interested in it :o

Weeaboo Name
October 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Schedules eh. Some will be shuffled due to fansubs taking a while to come out unfortunately.

Sat: Sora no Otoshimono: Forte, MM!, Bakuman, Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku, Pokemon Best Wishes.
Sun: Shinrei Tantei Yakumo.
Mon: Yosuga no Sora.
Tuesday: Bleach.
Wednesday: Motto To Love-Ru -Trouble-.
Thursday: Kami no Mizo Shiru Sekai.
Friday:

I'm also currently making my way through Azumanga Daioh, K-On!!, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl and Strawberry Panic but I tend to watch these randomly when i have 20 minutes.

If my mind is really blank i might even watch the odd episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! or Card Captor Sakura.

*realises i'm possibly watching too much anime.

otakulily
October 8th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I'm really surprised of this Fall's anime releases, considering many were disappointed when they saw the new shows and watched their previews, however, now that they aired, most anime are getting above average to great reviews just from the pilot episode. I was actually one of the few that was anticipating this season's anime listings, and till now, nothing failed to satisfy me and hopefully it will stay that way.

WHAT. HOW COULD ANYONE BE DISAPPOINTED. Bakuman, World God Only Knows, and Oreimo in one season. That would pretty much be half of my most-looked-forward-to-list-of-anime-adaptations-of-manga. I wouldn't be too surprised if they turned out to suck though. (5000 Pokedollars on Kami Sekai failing halfway through.)

Yosuga no Sora

I really wish I looked this up before watching this. That definitely was not mild nudity. And really... Are they going to end every episode with soft-core porn?

Owl
October 8th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm actually quite liking the Fall anime, but I'm going to be looking forward to the Summer '11 anime.

A Pixy
October 8th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Whats it about? :o
I want to see if I'd be interested in it :o

It's about bounty hunters.

IN SPACE. n_n

Oh, and I don't watch new anime, I watch old anime.

'Cuz I'm cool. /Shades

Ryoutarou
October 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Schedules eh. Some will be shuffled due to fansubs taking a while to come out unfortunately.

Sat: Sora no Otoshimono: Forte, MM!, Bakuman, Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku, Pokemon Best Wishes.
Sun: Shinrei Tantei Yakumo.
Mon: Yosuga no Sora.
Tuesday: Bleach.
Wednesday: Motto To Love-Ru -Trouble-.
Thursday: Kami no Mizo Shiru Sekai.
Friday:

I'm also currently making my way through Azumanga Daioh, K-On!!, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl and Strawberry Panic but I tend to watch these randomly when i have 20 minutes.

If my mind is really blank i might even watch the odd episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! or Card Captor Sakura.

*realises i'm possibly watching too much anime.I've always found these viewing schedules to be a little odd and I guess something that's hard to stick to when you must fall back on needing subs to understand anime. Even with the shows I watched raw, I can't really stick to anything like this. I tried it a few times in the past and it was nothing I could stick to for longer than a couple of weeks because I'm too damn ADD and would drift off into different shows and forget about others.

Jordan
October 8th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I don't think I've ever used any sort of schedule besides watching an episode of Mushishi afterschool every weekday for about a month. I tend to watch whatever I'm in the mood for, which unfortunately results in several short series unfinished for months. :<

otakulily
October 8th, 2010, 06:10 PM
In terms of keeping up with current stuff, I don't really bother following a schedule since fansubbers always seem to let me down. :( In any case, I stop caring what day of the week a certain series airs after the first couple of episodes. The last time I decided to stick to a "schedule" was about a year ago when I decided I would complete one 13-26 episode series every weekend. I think I lost about 95% of my sanity during that month. I did manage to complete a lot of decent anime series though, including both seasons of S&W and Zetsubou Sensei. I left of at Kino's Journey which I still haven't finished. D:

RYOUKI
October 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I don't think I've ever used any sort of schedule besides watching an episode of Mushishi afterschool every weekday for about a month. I tend to watch whatever I'm in the mood for, which unfortunately results in several short series unfinished for months. :<
My schedule consist of anime that's airing here locally, so Wednesday for Hayate no Gotoku S2, and Fairy Tail. :<

But speaking of airing anime this season, it's quite hardcore. Panty and Stocking, Yosuga no Sora (omg, it's like I'm reading Kira-Kira again) and not to mention Togainu no Chi, which is a Shounen-ai anime.

Look at what someone says on MAL.

About the "getting wet and having multiple orgasms", im sorry to disappoint you but girls are not like boys, it takes much more to stay like that. Also, if we girls have to see all the damn ecchi scenes with huge boobs and other stuff, in almost all animes, (not to mention Highschool of the dead) which is like WTF for us and we dont say a word, so
we actually deserve to have our fangirl moments watching animes with hot guys, since they are very rare.
i actually think this is an anime that can be enjoyed by boys as well, since it has good action.

Maaan, she makes a good point. Seriously hardcore stuff this season.

Also Amagami SS new OP is <3, the animation, not the song. D:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 9th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I don't have a set schedule for watching anime... whenever I get the time, I'll watch a few episodes. Fortunately, since I'm not watching many new series, the entire series that I do watch are already subbed so I can watch them at will. A recent exception was Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and I'll probably end up starting Amagami SS before it's completed. Also, Fresh Pretty Cure is completed but it's taking FOREVER to get subbed :/

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 06:27 AM
It's about bounty hunters.

IN SPACE. n_n

Oh, and I don't watch new anime, I watch old anime.

'Cuz I'm cool. /Shades
I prefer newer anime because of the artwork, and sometimes they have better plots and storylines :o

Surigamaru
October 9th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I do not really mind somehow outdated artwork, such as from the 90s, so an interesting plot with good character development and an intriguing setting would do just fine, for me that is. I watched Cowboy Bebop a while back, and though the art was indeed obsolete and 'hard-on-the-eyes', I didn't really care, for it had everything I mentioned before.

I just watched the second episode of MM! and it wasn't as good and as funny as the first episode, but it was, nonetheless, enjoyable. A guy confesses to Yuuki in Middle School, comes to her house one day and really forces a kiss on her, which, all together, developed her 'Androphobia', or fear of men. That was messed up.

Jordan
October 9th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I prefer newer anime because of the artwork, and sometimes they have better plots and storylines :oThe keyword is "sometimes", because when compared to Cowboy Bebop, U.C. Gundam, Ghost in the Shell, Rurouni Kenshin and a host of other 90's anime (excluding older series too), the vast majority of anime plots/stories nowadays are paper thin. Keep in mind whether or not something is hard on the eyes can depend a lot on video quality.

Surigamaru
October 9th, 2010, 07:36 AM
The keyword is "sometimes", because when compared to Cowboy Bebop, U.C. Gundam, Ghost in the Shell, Rurouni Kenshin and a host of other 90's anime (excluding older series too), the vast majority of anime plots/stories nowadays are paper thin. Keep in mind whether or not something is hard on the eyes can depend a lot on video quality.

I agree with this. And with that, generic, formulaic, and cliche anime started to show. Nowadays, a "handful" of anime actually interest me. Not-so-old shows such as Clannad are what keeps me anticipating an anime that may capture my interest.

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I haven't seen a lot of pre 2000 anime. Ima Soko Ni Iru Boku (http://myanimelist.net/anime/160/Ima_Soko_ni_Iru_Boku) and Grave Of The Fireflies (http://myanimelist.net/anime/578/Grave_of_the_Fireflies) allow me to say that there has always been good anime around as much as there have been bad ones. Naruto, Green Green... see where i'm going here? lol

I would think there is a lot more anime aimed at the younger age group now, it does seem that every other anime is a highschool romcom or an ecchi fighting anime. I dunno :/

Surigamaru
October 9th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Ima Soko Ni Iru Boku (http://myanimelist.net/anime/160/Ima_Soko_ni_Iru_Boku)

Is this one any good? Does it have romance? From the synopsis, it looks pretty interesting.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 08:20 AM
A couple of my friends have talking about "Grave of the fireflies". Is that any good? What are its genres? :o

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 08:20 AM
No real romance although some is implied i guess. The main character is 11 :L

And GOTF is a tragedy mainly. It's set in a war and it's a story of a pair of siblings daily lives. Brilliant but i doubt you'd wan't to watch it more than once.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 08:21 AM
The keyword is "sometimes", because when compared to Cowboy Bebop, U.C. Gundam, Ghost in the Shell, Rurouni Kenshin and a host of other 90's anime (excluding older series too), the vast majority of anime plots/stories nowadays are paper thin. Keep in mind whether or not something is hard on the eyes can depend a lot on video quality.
Thats true, but I mean the drawings. Like Kanon (original) doesn't seem to have good drawings compared to Kanon 2006.

A Pixy
October 9th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I prefer newer anime because of the artwork, and sometimes they have better plots and storylines :o

You shouldn't make assumptions just because something is old. That's not fair. D:

I plan on watching some older, 80s anime.

Captain Harlock and Fist of the North Star.

And 90s anime are pretty cool too.

I'm watching 6 ATM (Only if you count DBZK)

Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Rurouni Kenshin and Mobile Suit Gundam I.

Besides, if we're talking about 'Art Style' there were less 'Generic Anime Style' back then.

Hyper-detailed:

http://www.force-anime.com/ekmps/shops/uk2usa/images/fist_of_the_north_big.jpg

Or cartoony:

http://scholarization.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/one-piece-550.jpg

:<

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 08:27 AM
You shouldn't make assumptions just because something is old. That's not fair. D:

I plan on watching some older, 80s anime.

Captain Harlock and Fist of the North Star.

And 90s anime are pretty cool too.

I'm watching 6 ATM (Only if you count DBZK)

Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Rurouni Kenshin and Mobile Suit Gundam I.

Besides, if we're talking about 'Art Style' there were less 'Generic Anime Style' back then.

Hyper-detailed:

http://www.force-anime.com/ekmps/shops/uk2usa/images/fist_of_the_north_big.jpg

Or cartoony:

http://scholarization.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/one-piece-550.jpg

:<
I've never really seen an anime from the 90's unless you count Pokemon because I don't seem to like the artwork.

I prefer more newer artwork:
http://www.techbanyan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/large_bleach.jpg

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Ok this seems a legit time to ask this question. Which anime series has your favourite artwork?

For me the pretty ones like Clannad and Kanon rate very highly. Also 5 Centimetres Per Second and Air. For something a bit different i liked Bakemonogatari and Zoku / Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Over to you.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 08:36 AM
5cmps ftw.

But some of my favorite artwork is:
Bleach
Clannad
Amagami SS
High School of the Dead
And the Sacred Blacksmith.

Surigamaru
October 9th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Clannad had a nice artwork, but really, most of the new anime now have great art, especially Fortune Arterial and MM!; I like such styling the most.

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I've always thought Bleach was holding back with their animation, i do like it though.

HOTD has some of my favourite character design. All of the characters are really well done.

I'm still waiting a while so start Ama SS down to the fact it's one i'll go through quickly. "oh just one more arc before i go to bed"... what is that like? it looks pretty.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I've always thought Bleach was holding back with their animation, i do like it though.

HOTD has some of my favourite character design. All of the characters are really well done.

I'm still waiting a while so start Ama SS down to the fact it's one i'll go through quickly. "oh just one more arc before i go to bed"... what is that like? it looks pretty.
Amagami SS is my second favorite romance right after Clannad. I highly recommend it :D

Jordan
October 9th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Clannad had a nice artwork, but really, most of the new anime now have great art, especially Fortune Arterial and MM!; I like such styling the most.MM!'s artwork strikes me as the typical moe slice-of-life style seen in quite a few anime nowadays, to be honest. I'm just in it for the masochists.

For backdrop art, there's no beating the Aria series and 5cm/s. Those two works have some of the most beautiful and detailed backdrops of the anime I have seen. If we're talking about character art, then I guess anything by Kyoto Animation. They use moe effectively while making each design memorable. Now if we're talking about robot art, pick a Gundam series. Anyone of them (especially the recent 00 and Unicorn).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I'll probably get around to starting Amagami SS sometime this week. There's a couple short series I want to wrap up first.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I'll probably get around to starting Amagami SS sometime this week. There's a couple short series I want to wrap up first.
Good :D
I'm sure you'll love it. :D

Just a question, are there any romance anime like Clannad or 5cmps out there?

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I've been told about the Ef - a tale of series. Also Kanon and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien are pretty spectacular.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM

True Tears. Kimikiss Pure Rouge. Kimi ni Todoke. Though the first one should be a familiar name to you :P

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 10:00 AM
True Tears. Kimikiss Pure Rouge. Kimi ni Todoke. Though the first one should be a familiar name to you :P
Yup. I've seen the first XD Kimikiss seems interesting and the other doesn't seem to interest me.

Surigamaru
October 9th, 2010, 11:59 AM

Kanon, Air, Toradora!, ef - tale of memories, Myself; Yourself, Tokimeki Memorial ~ Only Love ~, Itazura na Kiss, sola, Love Hina..I could go on for hours, lol. Basically, all of them are romantic anime, but most have love triangles or at most, a harem.

A Pixy
October 9th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I've never really seen an anime from the 90's unless you count Pokemon because I don't seem to like the artwork.

I prefer more newer artwork:
http://www.techbanyan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/large_bleach.jpg

Yes, BLEACH's character designs and general art style are one of its few positive points, but don't you get sick of seeing something similar and have something incomparable to anything you seen before? o3o

jigglyppuff8
October 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Air... romantic anime

Ahahahahahahahaha. Not really. I'll admit to crying once near the conclusion, but the show's a complete trainwreck otherwise.

A Pixy
October 9th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Air the Movie is a romance.

Or, so I've been told. >_>

I DON'T WATCH ROMANCE.

I'M A SHONEN-ACTION GUY.

AND SUSPENSE.

AND WHATEVER GENRE COWBOY BEBOP FALLS UNDER.

Jordan
October 9th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I had to give Air three chances before I actually managed to complete it. Most of the positive opinions come from people who saw it when it was first out and was touched by what little story it had. Since then, however, Key and other slice-of-life writers have done much better. Oh, and there weren't really much romance in Air. It was more of a fantasy than anything else.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Kanon, Air, Toradora!, ef - tale of memories, Myself; Yourself, Tokimeki Memorial ~ Only Love ~, Itazura na Kiss, sola, Love Hina..I could go on for hours, lol. Basically, all of them are romantic anime, but most have love triangles or at most, a harem.
I've seen the crossed out ones and the bolded ones I'm interested in.
Yes, BLEACH's character designs and general art style are one of its few positive points, but don't you get sick of seeing something similar and have something incomparable to anything you seen before? o3o
Nope o3o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 9th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I need to see Air... and the rest of Kanon. problem is, this little voice inside me keeps saying, "Those series are licensed, you need to find a way to watch them legally"...

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Air? From what I heard it pretty good. But idk what its about o.o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 9th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure either, but it's a Key/KyoAni collaboration, so it must be good xD

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure either, but it's a Key/KyoAni collaboration, so it must be good xD
Never heard of those o.o
Then again I don't really care about what company thing made them.

A Pixy
October 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Nope o3o

Well, phooey.

Oh, and the only two people I know who've watched Air hated it. o3o

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I liked Air. i had to watch a couple of episodes twice as i watching in my regular 4am timespot. It was a pretty nice story though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 9th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Never heard of those o.o
Then again I don't really care about what company thing made them.

Key: The makers of the Air visual novel (as well as Kanon, Clannad, and Angel Beats) from which the anime series are based.

KyoAni: Short for Kyoto Animation, the production company of the aforementioned anime series.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Key: The makers of the Air visual novel (as well as Kanon, Clannad, and Angel Beats) from which the anime series are based.

KyoAni: Short for Kyoto Animation, the production company of the aforementioned anime series.
Key is one of my favorite makers then o3o

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Key are certainly up there with SHAFT and Aniplex with that lineup.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Key are certainly up there with SHAFT and Aniplex with that lineup.
Ohh.

Do you know what the most famous one is?

jigglyppuff8
October 9th, 2010, 01:10 PM
That's like saying "Which is more famous, NBC, ABC, or Fox?" Preferences are preferences. I'm a fan of SHAFT personally.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 01:12 PM
That's like saying "Which is more famous, NBC, ABC, or Fox?" Preferences are preferences. I'm a fan of SHAFT personally.
Oh. I thought that one company was rated the best o.o

Well, since I'm a big fan of Clannad and AB! I'll go with Key.

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I would have to go with Key as well.

A little OT but has anybody seen Azumanga Daioh? I'm slowly making my way through that. It's pretty cutesy but it's entertaining and weird as well.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Nope. But I think I've heard about it. Isn't it Shoujo or something?

Surigamaru
October 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha. Not really. I'll admit to crying once near the conclusion, but the show's a complete trainwreck otherwise.

o_O

I watched 3 or 4 episodes only, dropped it afterward. But people seem to like it and many say it is a romantic anime, so yeah.

Did anybody watch Durarara!? I want to try it.

Weeaboo Name
October 9th, 2010, 01:28 PM
'tis. I guess that's why it has the strange ability to make me giggle like a little girl. A couple of the characters really crack me up for some reason.

And Durarara! is one i've been thinking about watching for a while but haven't started.

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 01:28 PM
^I want to try watching it too.

Seems like its pretty good, and it has good artwork :D

A Pixy
October 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I prefer good animation over good art. o3o

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I prefer good animation over good art. o3o
I mean, I'm up for a good plot and all, but if it doesn't have good art, it doesn't get my attention.

A Pixy
October 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I mean, I'm up for a good plot and all, but if it doesn't have good art, it doesn't get my attention.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/pokemon-diamond-and-pearl-ds-screenshot.jpg

Game looks like crap. Better move on. :<

Owl
October 9th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Actually, the game looks pretty good :D

For ex. I don't really like the Sailor Moon's artwork D:

digi-kun
October 9th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Ohh.

Do you know what the most famous one is?

Of all the animation studios, I'm pretty sure Bones is the most popular right now, and Gainax is probably the most famous.

Bones: RahXephon, Angelic Layer, Wolf's Rain, Scrapped Princess, Fullmetal Alchemist + Brotherhood, Eureka 7, Ouran High School, Darker Than Black, Soul Eater, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Heroman, Star Driver

Gainax: Nadia, Evangelion, Mahoromatic, FLCL, Abenobashi, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Melody of Oblivion, He is my Master, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Hanamaru Kindergarten, Panty & Stocking + Garterbelt

Oops, I forgot. This is for anime series. Anime movies goes for Studio Ghibli for obvious reasons.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I've never heard of Bones before o.o

Anyways just watched 7 episodes of Myself;Yourself and I enjoyed them :D

A Pixy
October 10th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I've never heard of Bones before o.o

Anyways just watched 7 episodes of Myself;Yourself and I enjoyed them :D

Studio Bones has 3 basic criteria:

1. CGi
2. Good animation when they want to flaunt their budget
3. HORRIBLE animation at the cost of #2

My favourite animation studio will always be Studio Ghibli, because...

They're Studio Ghibli. :<

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Studio Bones has 3 basic criteria:

1. CGi
2. Good animation when they want to flaunt their budget
3. HORRIBLE animation at the cost of #2

My favourite animation studio will always be Studio Ghibli, because...

They're Studio Ghibli. :<
Whats Cgi?

Studio Ghibli? It reminds me of that fat kid in iCarly. :o

A Pixy
October 10th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Whats Cgi?

Studio Ghibli? It reminds me of that fat kid in iCarly. :o

Computer Generated Imagery.

You know, 3D animation. o3o

AND THAT'S GIBBY.

HE'S ONE BIG, 'I'M FAT SO I'M GONNA TAKE MY SHIRT OFF TO SHOW YOU ALL HOW FAT I AM' JOKE.

STUDIO GHIBLI IS THE CREATOR OF SOME OF MY FAVOURITE ANIMU OF ALL TIME. D:<

Weeaboo Name
October 10th, 2010, 05:04 AM
CgI = Computer-generated imagery <too slow>

I like Studio Ghibli too. Spirited Away, Castle In The Sky and Grave Of The Fireflies FTW.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Computer Generated Imagery.

You know, 3D animation. o3o

AND THAT'S GIBBY.

HE'S ONE BIG, 'I'M FAT SO I'M GONNA TAKE MY SHIRT OFF TO SHOW YOU ALL HOW FAT I AM' JOKE.

STUDIO GHIBLI IS THE CREATOR OF SOME OF MY FAVOURITE ANIMU OF ALL TIME. D:<
Ohh.

Calm down there pixy XD
I haven't heard of them before so I can't say I hate or like them yet.

A Pixy
October 10th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Weird.

Most people watched Spirited Away at the very least.

The second most popular would be That Piece of Crap with Cristian Bale Howl's Moving Caslte.

Third would be Princess Mononoke or My Neighbour Totoro.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Weird.

Most people watched Spirited Away at the very least.

The second most popular would be That Piece of Crap with Cristian Bale Howl's Moving Caslte.

Third would be Princess Mononoke or My Neighbour Totoro.
Spirited away creeped me out so I didn't watch it.

Surigamaru
October 10th, 2010, 05:18 AM
CGI, like the above said, include 3D graphics, but not only that, also special effects, color, image manipulations, and the like.

Spirited Away was the best anime movie I watched, though I wish I watched it when I was kid, but oh well. Princess Mononoke is my second favorite.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 10th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I've seen some of the Miyazaki films. I saw a few of them on Cartoon Network, I think it was about four years ago or so.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 05:19 AM
My favorite anime movie would be 5 Centimeters per Second.

Weeaboo Name
October 10th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Are Hayate the Combat Butler! (http://myanimelist.net/anime/2026/Hayate_the_Combat_Butler!), Special A (http://myanimelist.net/anime/3470/Special_A) or Zero no Tsukaima (http://myanimelist.net/anime/1195/Zero_no_Tsukaima) any good? I have all 3 sitting on my HD but haven't got around to starting them.

5 Centimeters Per Second, Bleach - Memories of Nobody and Grave of the Fireflies are my highest scoring movies, even if the first one is actually a 3 part series.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Are Hayate the Combat Butler! (http://myanimelist.net/anime/2026/Hayate_the_Combat_Butler%21), Special A (http://myanimelist.net/anime/3470/Special_A) or Zero no Tsukaima (http://myanimelist.net/anime/1195/Zero_no_Tsukaima) any good? I have all 3 sitting on my HD but haven't got around to starting them.
Zero no Tsukaima is win. And its 2 sequels XD

Surigamaru
October 10th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Hayate is an anime you can watch if you have absolutely nothing to do. It is basically an indirect-harem with a little bit of romance, and it has your typical tsundere-like character. I dropped it because it had too much fillers, which as you know, may spoil the little plot it had.

Special A had the worst art. I couldn't go on with it, so I stopped. People say you would get used to the art, but I didn't; it was just too horrible.

Zero no Tsukaima, is also a harem-ish anime, with a fantasy, magic setting. Personally, I like it, a lot, and it managed to keep me entertained all throughout the three seasons. Also had a tsundere-like female in it.

Jordan
October 10th, 2010, 05:40 AM
All the Ghibli movies are at least good, and at best masterpieces. I'm surprised Madhouse Studios haven't been mentioned yet, though. They tend to have no signature style and have created a vast number of innovative anime like Monster and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Oh, and Cardcaptor Sakura anyone?

Hayate is an anime you can watch if you have absolutely nothing to do. It is basically an indirect-harem with a little bit of romance, and it has your typical tsundere-like character. I dropped it because it had too much fillers, which as you know, may spoil the little plot it had.

Zero no Tsukaima, is also a harem-ish anime, with a fantasy, magic setting. Personally, I like it, a lot, and it managed to keep me entertained all throughout the three seasons. Also had a tsundere-like female in it.I thought Hayate's main point was being a comedy? Shows like those can sacrifice a bit of plot if its best aspect is simply to make people laugh. Louise, I think, isn't just tsundere-like: she is pretty much walking tsundere service.

Weeaboo Name
October 10th, 2010, 05:48 AM
In Zero no Tsukaima is the Tsundere Louise Françoise Le Blanc? SHe's voiced by my favourite voice actress. She plays the Tsundere in both Toradora! and the Shana series.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 05:52 AM
In Zero no Tsukaima is the Tsundere Louise Françoise Le Blanc? SHe's voiced by my favourite voice actress. She plays the Tsundere in both Toradora! and the Shana series.
I didn't know that o.o

I need to start watching Toradora! again.

Weeaboo Name
October 10th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Zero No and Shana share basically the whole voice cast.

And i agree Toradora! was quality.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Zero No and Shana share basically the whole voice cast.

And i agree Toradora! was quality.
I wonder why I stopped watching it.....oh well I'll watch it again later.

I'm not that familiar with voice actors :C

jigglyppuff8
October 10th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Toradora! was one of my first anime (the first I actually downloaded IIRC), so a couple of things went over my head the first time. Rewatching it for good ol' nostalgia or something like that.

A Pixy
October 10th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I wonder why I stopped watching it.....oh well I'll watch it again later.

I'm not that familiar with voice actors :C

I only know VAs and Seiyuu I like.

o3o

Surigamaru
October 10th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I thought Hayate's main point was being a comedy? Shows like those can sacrifice a bit of plot if its best aspect is simply to make people laugh. Louise, I think, isn't just tsundere-like: she is pretty much walking tsundere service.

Yes, it's mostly a parody, so it's meant for comedy. I admit it was funny, but pure comedy does not interest me; a simple, nice [side] plot would do just fine, hence why I dropped it. Purely subjective, by the way.

I watched Toradora! last summer I think. It is one of the best anime I watched. Tiaga is the first tsundere I ever saw.

Anybody liked Lovely Complex?

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Never seen it, but it has been recommended to me.

A Pixy
October 10th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I get recommended for a lot of things.

I just don't recommend things.

I have horrible taste.

I LIKE ONE PIECE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Weeaboo Name
October 10th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Lovely Complex was ok i guess. The main guy annoyed me a hell of a lot though.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Zero No, it's very entertaining actually. I can see a lot of similarities between it and Shana.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I'm sure you'll enjoy Zero no even more as it goes on XD

Surigamaru
October 10th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I reached episode 6 of White Album, and I must say, wow. I never expected it to be that good, but till now, it is great.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I reached episode 6 of White Album, and I must say, wow. I never expected it to be that good, but till now, it is great.
I've never heard of that anime, is it new?

Surigamaru
October 10th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Yes, kinda. It started airing during the first quarter of 2009, so it's fairly new. I strongly recommend it. It's very underrated.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Yes, kinda. It started airing during the first quarter of 2009, so it's fairly new. I strongly recommend it. It's very underrated.
Oh. Does it have good art? Plot? Genre? :o

kohei
October 10th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Some thoughts on anime of this season:

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - My kind of anime. I just found the mindkilling 30 minutes so enjoyable.

Ikamusume - Ika-chan is cute. That's it really.
Hate the original manga, so at least the anime is going somewhere.

Fortune Arterial - I really don't like anime when the protagonist and I share the same name. It's awkward.
And this was pretty much 30 mins of pure awkward and "oh god please stop calling my name."
So no, only episode 1 for me.

SoreMachi - I like the original manga, so didn't have much expectations for the anime.
I expected right, the anime seems to be going too fast, and the unique atmosphere the manga has just doesn't translate to anime.
Probably going to be typical Shaft animu.

Milky Holmes - Oh please god no. Fast paced to the point it made no sense, and not funny too. Nor cute.
Why the heck this Bushiroad give the go-sign to this....?

Star Driver - Missed episode 1 today, apparently is good, so will need to catch up.

Surigamaru
October 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Oh. Does it have good art? Plot? Genre? :o

The art is very good, to me that is. It's not THE best, but it didn't bother me at all. It's a romantic, slice of life anime, though the romance in it is somehow unclear sometimes.
Read the plot here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Album_%28visual_novel%29) if you like.

And kohei, I agree with you on Panty & Stocking.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Some thoughts on anime of this season:

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - My kind of anime. I just found the mindkilling 30 minutes so enjoyable.

Ikamusume - Ika-chan is cute. That's it really.
Hate the original manga, so at least the anime is going somewhere.

Fortune Arterial - I really don't like anime when the protagonist and I share the same name. It's awkward.
And this was pretty much 30 mins of pure awkward and "oh god please stop calling my name."
So no, only episode 1 for me.

SoreMachi - I like the original manga, so didn't have much expectations for the anime.
I expected right, the anime seems to be going too fast, and the unique atmosphere the manga has just doesn't translate to anime.
Probably going to be typical Shaft animu.

Milky Holmes - Oh please god no. Fast paced to the point it made no sense, and not funny too. Nor cute.
Why the heck this Bushiroad give the go-sign to this....?

Star Driver - Missed episode 1 today, apparently is good, so will need to catch up.
You really live in Japan right? If so, your lucky.

I'm interested in Fortune Arterial.
And you mean you missed it when it was on TV?

Chadie
October 10th, 2010, 10:51 AM
The new thread looks great :D I am Chad -, if anyone remembers -_-

Okay, so I haven't been watching much anime lately, but hopefully I will get back to it, now that the new Fall anime have been released. From what I read here and from the reviews on MyAnimeList, this season is either great or disappointing :O So, what can you guys recommend me from this year's new collection?

jigglyppuff8
October 10th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Everything sucks. Go watch X anime from before 2008.

Chadie
October 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Not even Psychic Detective Yakumo? >:-( I have been dying to watch this, since I read the manga before. I don't want to download anything that will suck later on; I have a terrible bandwidth and my ISP sucks, badly.

But, my friend bought me Clannad and True Tears. Hopefully these will entertain me for the time being.

Weeaboo Name
October 10th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Welcome back Chad. I'll give a quick round-up of my favourite anime so far this season.

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - Loved the manga, the series also started with a real bang. My tip to be anime of the season.

MM! - From 2 episodes it seems it's going to be a very strong comedy. Not too clichéd.

Bakuman - From the creators of Death Note, a slice of life anime about a pair that team up to create a manga. It seems well written and nice to watch.

Yosuga no Sora - Twincest/harem/romance and pretty artwork.

The sequels i've started watching are for To Love-Ru! and Sora no Otoshimono.

Basically a good start to the season.

----

Fortune Arterial ep 1 was ok Char, it seemed to be a little more serious than R+V but still ok.

Chadie
October 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Too..many..O_O (not really), but thank you for that Lapras (you have something else I can call you? xD)

From your descriptions, Bakuman sounds the most interesting. I just might give it a go. I believe I read the manga. I am watching previews of some; not much appealing.

And To Love-Ru's sequel is already airing? :O Nice.

Weeaboo Name
October 10th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Feel free to call me Keiran if that's easier, that goes to everyone in here if you want.

It is a lot, i have way too much free time :/ :L

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 10th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Okay, what's the traditional high school romance anime this season? I'm having trouble picking it out from the vague summary descriptions I've seen elsewhere, lol

Weeaboo Name
October 10th, 2010, 11:23 AM
A couple would fit that description. Yosuga no Sora would possibly be the best fit.

jigglyppuff8
October 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM
But that'll probably end up with Twincest end anyway. MM! or Fortune Arterial maybe? There's still Amagami SS from last season too.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 11:30 AM
But that'll probably end up with Twincest end anyway. MM! or Fortune Arterial maybe? There's still Amagami SS from last season too.
Twincest? The only kind of incest anime I have seen is Kiss x Sis but thats not real incest :/

digi-kun
October 10th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Okay, what's the traditional high school romance anime this season? I'm having trouble picking it out from the vague summary descriptions I've seen elsewhere, lol

Hmmmm, there are a few I'll throw out there that fit your normal criteria (romance, no special powers)
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai - Not really romance, but it has a lot of Otaku vs. Society things going, AND its not just people standing around talking about their day [coughluckystarcough]
Yosuga no Sora - OP by eufonius, its a harem-ish anime, based off an eroge, though it has incest and takes advantage of the no-censors on the station its airing on. I'm expecting something out of it.
Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The world god only knows) - This is probably the closest you can get to High School Romance this season. It has a small supernatural element to it, but that's really only to move the plot. Basic plot: Protagonist is an expert in eroge. One day he receives a request to "catch" girls. Guy has to go through romance sequences with each of the girls in order to collect loose souls inside girls' hearts. The easiest way to do such is to have the girl fall in love with you. Despite how it sounds, the first episode's story was surprisingly feelgood from what I had thought it would be. Music is also really fitting for the scenes. Take a try at it.

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Don't remind me of Lucky Star, that show was pretty annoying and stupid :/

digi-kun
October 10th, 2010, 11:40 AM
bah, Nodoka beat Shana....

Nyeh, I mention it because first thing people thing when they hear "Otaku Girl" and "Slice of Life" is Lucky Star

Chadie
October 10th, 2010, 11:41 AM
LS? I thought I liked it during the first couple of episodes, then it started getting a little stupid to me. I did manage to finish it, but it certainly wasn't what I call a great anime. The last couple of episodes where good, though. MY OPINION

Owl
October 10th, 2010, 11:41 AM
bah, Nodoka beat Shana....

Nyeh, I mention it because first thing people thing when they hear "Otaku Girl" and "Slice of Life" is Lucky Star
Oh.

Well, anyone seen Myself;Yourself? I'm on episode 7 right now, its turning out to be pretty good.

Chadie
October 10th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I watched it, but it was slow to me. I am pretty sure there was something that disturbed me in it. Might re-watch it someday, though.