PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt for October [MLB Discussion Thread]

Livewire
October 2nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
Even though the regular season is almost over, October is here, and that means the playoffs are looming! Right now, these MLB teams are looking to compete for a chance to go to October for a Wold Series Birth.

As of 10/2/2010

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/standings

Right now, playoff scenarios look like this:

American League:

Central- Twins 94-67
East- Yankees 95-65
West- Rangers 89-71
Wild Card- Rays 94-66

National League:

Central- Reds 90-71
East- Phillies 97-64
West- Giants 91-70
Wild Card- Tied Braves 91-70 and Padres 91-70

My tentative Wold Series matchup will be the Rays Vs. Phillies, their pitching rotations are just too good to compete with. I'd be shocked if either of them didn't make it to the World Series.

What are some of your opinions on the playoff situation?

/Discuss

123wert50
October 3rd, 2010, 06:55 AM
Rays vs. Phillies.

Ya. That sounds right. Maybe Giants though.

Team Fail
October 3rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Well, the Yankees only have one decent pitcher. If he gets hurt, they are done for.

Livewire
October 3rd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Well, the Yankees only have one decent pitcher. If he gets hurt, they are done for.

If Sabathia gets hurt I don't see them winning the World Series. The Rays are too deep, plus the Giants/Phillies are extremely good at pitching too.

Barker
October 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM
My Padres came up short yesterday. :(

Oh well, hopefully the Reds can get in. I have a soft spot for them out of the remaining NL teams.

Livewire
October 4th, 2010, 07:45 AM
My Padres came up short yesterday. :(

Oh well, hopefully the Reds can get in. I have a soft spot for them out of the remaining NL teams.

:/ I was hoping they'd be able to pull it out. I think they deserve to win.

Yay!! :D We'll be on the road though, most likely against the Giants. At least we didn't get the Hallyday/Oswalt/Hamels death machine first.

donavannj
October 4th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hip-hip hooray! The Yankees rotation is in disarray!

That's all I have to say on the matter, other than: PUT DA BEATDOWN ON DEM YANKEES, TWINS!

Livewire
October 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hip-hip hooray! The Yankees rotation is in disarray!

That's all I have to say on the matter, other than: PUT DA BEATDOWN ON DEM YANKEES, TWINS!

Hooray! xD

God lets hope. I can't stand the Yankees.

Joe Maur FTW.

Sweet Candace
October 4th, 2010, 01:22 PM
2010 World Series: Rays vs. Phillies.

I think Tampa can beat Texas and New York/Minnesota. They are the team to beat in the AL, despite all the experts gushing over a possible New York-Philadelphia rematch.

Philly has an easy path. Cincinnati and Atlanta/San Francisco.

Rays win in 6 games.

donavannj
October 4th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I think the Rays are very beatable. If I recall correctly, there were at least 3 no-hitters against them this season. That's a sign that they're very beatable.

Hooray! xD

God lets hope. I can't stand the Yankees.

Joe Maur FTW.

Mauer isn't really the key at this point. The Twins need their right-handed hitters like Cuddyer to hit well against Sabathia to keep the game reasonably close.

Sweet Candace
October 4th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Minnesota has a hard task; the Yankees. Every time the Twins played the Yanks, they always got whacked. I would like to see Minnesota play in the ALCS, but they'll need to play out of their minds to beat the Bronx Bombers.

donavannj
October 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Well, the issue is more that they need to match the patience of the Yankees, since the Yankees will keep taking pitches when the playoffs roll around, even if they're down 0-2 in the count. Also, the Yankees are slumping right now, and they may very well be tired and showing their age relative to the rest of the majors.

All four AL teams have shown weaknesses in the last month. Personally, I'd rather just be playing the Rangers and hope the Rays put away the the Yankees, but the Yankees certainly aren't going to walk over the Twins this year, contrary to the beliefs of the national media.

Livewire
October 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Well, the issue is more that they need to match the patience of the Yankees, since the Yankees will keep taking pitches when the playoffs roll around, even if they're down 0-2 in the count. Also, the Yankees are slumping right now, and they may very well be tired and showing their age relative to the rest of the majors.

All four AL teams have shown weaknesses in the last month. Personally, I'd rather just be playing the Rangers and hope the Rays put away the the Yankees, but the Yankees certainly aren't going to walk over the Twins this year, contrary to the beliefs of the national media.

^ This. The big AL teams kinda took the last week of the season off or so, hence the 3-4 game losing streaks. Minnesota will have it tough without Morneau, he's done for the year. :/ That's a shame.

I'm not sure the AL Champ will be able to handle Philly though. D: That's the big task, to beat the 3-man Cy Young rotation.

donavannj
October 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
^ This. The big AL teams kinda took the last week of the season off or so, hence the 3-4 game losing streaks. Minnesota will have it tough without Morneau, he's done for the year. :/ That's a shame.

Morneau's been out for two-and-a-half months. I don't think it'll be as big a hit as people keep making it out to be.

Livewire
October 4th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Morneau's been out for two-and-a-half months. I don't think it'll be as big a hit as people keep making it out to be.

Yeah, but they'll miss what he brings to the table as a big bat. Granted they did just fine without him, but I'd like as much offense as I can get.

donavannj
October 5th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Yeah, but they'll miss what he brings to the table as a big bat. Granted they did just fine without him, but I'd like as much offense as I can get.

With Morneau out, Cuddyer moved from Right Field to First, and Kubel moved from DH to Right Field, allowing Thome to be in the lineup more regularly as a DH. The advantage of having Morneau at this point would be fore defense.

Sweet Candace
October 5th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I think the Rays and the Yankees have the firepower to combat the Phillies pitching rotation.

donavannj
October 5th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I think the Rays and the Yankees have the firepower to combat the Phillies pitching rotation.

I also think they Rays may just as easily be no-hit by that super-rotation that Philly has.

Livewire
October 5th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I also think they Rays may just as easily be no-hit by that super-rotation that Philly has.

Especially if they don't have a 100% Evan Longoria. He should be healthy though, Maddon kept him out of the last few games to get him ready fot the post season.

Well my Reds have the Phillies in the NLDS. :/ Oh boy. Well at least they've played them pretty close so far. Lets hope.

Sweet Candace
October 5th, 2010, 10:56 AM
The Rays are very aggressive in swinging. Which is why they got no-hit and got perfectoed two times in 2 years.

Livewire
October 5th, 2010, 06:26 PM
The Rays are very aggressive in swinging. Which is why they got no-hit and got perfectoed two times in 2 years.

I've begun to notice that. It must work, given the 96-66 record which is best in the AL I believe, one over NY.

Red1530
October 6th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Roy Halladay has pitched a no-hitter (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101006&content_id=15455266&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb) against the Reds! This marks the second time in post season history that a no-hitter has been pitched. Right now the New York Yankees are in a pitched battle against the Minnesota Twins. Here are the scores of the playoff games played today.

NLDSCIN: 0
PHI: 4
ALDSTEX: 5
TB: 1

NYY: 6
MIN: 4

Livewire
October 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Hallyday is downright amazing. So is Cliff Lee. just wow.

Yankees take Game 1, 6-4 over the Twins. :/

donavannj
October 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I cursed up a storm on my way home from school when Teixeira whacked that homer of off Crain, who keeps cracking under pressure for some reason. >:(

Sweet Candace
October 7th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Ugh...that's all they talked about was Halladay's no-hitter. I heard about it once, I don't need to keep hearing about it...

Livewire
October 7th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Ugh...that's all they talked about was Halladay's no-hitter. I heard about it once, I don't need to keep hearing about it...

I have ESPN on now, and they are STILL talking about it. :/ They had it on when I went to bed at 12 too.

Sweet Candace
October 7th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Sure it's the second-ever playoff no-hitter, but there has to be other pieces that are far more important.

donavannj
October 7th, 2010, 09:58 AM
That's why I never watch ESPN anymore and just stick with local sports radio since they often mix in other topics besides sports and have a more local focus. For instance, my favorite sports radio station went from talking about who's really running the Vikings and how long into the Monday night game Randy Moss and Brett Favre would wait to change up a play and just air it out, to talking about how they were going to help one of the single men on the show pick up women.

Anyways, back on topic, here's hoping Pavano goes deep into the game so our bullpen doesn't have to show its face until late, and that Pettitte gets knocked out early in the game because of a fury of offense by the Twins.

Sweet Candace
October 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM
The Twins need to win Game 2 as I think the series shifts to the Bronx for Games 3 and 4. Going down 0-2 to a heavy hitting team like the Yankees is bad. Real bad.

Livewire
October 7th, 2010, 10:56 AM
The Twins need to win Game 2 as I think the series shifts to the Bronx for Games 3 and 4. Going down 0-2 to a heavy hitting team like the Yankees is bad. Real bad.

The Reds are in the same boat. They need to take game two, but they most likely won't win because it's against Oswalt, who absolutely owns Cincinnati. He's like 22-1 against Cinci all-time, I think. Ugh.

AceDragonite
October 7th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I hope the Rays can come back and beat Texas.

Livewire
October 7th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I hope the Rays can come back and beat Texas.

Last time I checked the Rangers were winning game 2, 2-0 I think. :/ It was early though.

Sweet Candace
October 7th, 2010, 01:35 PM
The Rangers are up 6-0 in the bottom of the 8th...

Livewire
October 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM
The Rangers are up 6-0 in the bottom of the 8th...

Oh boy. :/ I hate to say it, but the Rays aren't looking too hot. I'm not so sure they can come back in a best of 5 series, being down 0-2 already. :/

Sweet Candace
October 7th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Tampa's getting whacked all over the place. Maybe a shift in location to Arlington might help their sagging offense.

donavannj
October 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Twins just keep blowing it when it matters. >:(

Livewire
October 7th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Twins just keep blowing it when it matters. >:(

It would appear that nobody is having a good day with their MLB teams. D:

donavannj
October 7th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I could totally see this coming because the Twins are built for the regular season and not the postseason as it stands right now. :(

123wert50
October 8th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Honestly I think Game 7 will be :

Rays V.S. Phillies

Winners : Rays.

Sweet Candace
October 8th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I doubt the Rays can get themselves out of this hole they dug for themselves.

Red1530
October 8th, 2010, 01:49 PM
It would appear that nobody is having a good day with their MLB teams. D:Except Yankees, Rangers, Phillies, and Giants fans. I am posting the scores from Thursday.

ALDSNYY: 5
MIN: 2
(Yankees lead series 2-0)

TEX: 6
TB: 0
(Texas lead series 2-0)
NLDSATL: 0
SF: 1
( San Fransisco lead series 1-0)
Friday night's games an impressive comeback by the Braves and a collapse of the Reds defense. Tonight the Yankees and the Rangers go for the sweep.

NLDSATL: 5
SF: 4
( Series tied 1-1)

CIN: 4
PHI: 7
( Phillies leads series 2-0)

123wert50
October 9th, 2010, 01:24 PM
The Phillies are looking good, and so are the Rangers.

Livewire
October 10th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Well, At least Cincinnati got to the playoffs in the first place. :/ I kinda knew thew would need a miracle to beat the Phillies.

Sweet Candace
October 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Twins were swept by the Yankees last night.

donavannj
October 10th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Twins were swept by the Yankees last night.

In a pathetic effort, I might add. >:(

Livewire
October 10th, 2010, 06:33 PM
In a pathetic effort, I might add. >:(

Ugh. They literally cannot win a series in the post season. They always play the Yankees, and subsequently loose. :/

donavannj
October 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Ugh. They literally cannot win a series in the post season. They always play the Yankees, and subsequently loose. :/

In '06 they played the A's and were swept. This is actually the most pathetic effort this decade, however, because they had no excuses such as exhaustion or a lack of home-field advantage.

I'd say that Gardy needs to leave, but I don't think there's a single manager available to replace him. Unless Freddi Gonzalez is still available, but I'm not sure if he's got what it takes to manage in the postseason. :x

Livewire
October 10th, 2010, 09:00 PM
In '06 they played the A's and were swept. This is actually the most pathetic effort this decade, however, because they had no excuses such as exhaustion or a lack of home-field advantage.

I'd say that Gardy needs to leave, but I don't think there's a single manager available to replace him. Unless Freddi Gonzalez is still available, but I'm not sure if he's got what it takes to manage in the postseason. :x

That's true, I cant think of a quality, big name manager left. Bobby Cox will be gone after this year, Lou already is, Joe Torre is too. :/

Sweet Candace
October 11th, 2010, 06:21 AM
The Twins I believe are planning to give Gardenhire an extension. He's good, but there aren't any managers that could replace a guy like him, so Minnesota is forced to stick with him until a good manager comes out and is available.

donavannj
October 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Yes, they are very much planning an extension for him. Consistently winning the division is certainly better than suffering in the cellar most years like Kansas City does, with only the occasional winning season.

Sweet Candace
October 11th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Philadelphia and New York Yankees clinched a berth in their respective LCS series. We'll need to find out who'll join them to complete the LCS.

donavannj
October 11th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I'm kinda eager to see Texas face the Yankees, since I recall something about Cliff Lee for sure staying if they Rangers went deep or something like that.

Livewire
October 11th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I'm kinda eager to see Texas face the Yankees, since I recall something about Cliff Lee for sure staying if they Rangers went deep or something like that.

Let's hope, the Rangers could be a post season staple if they keep Lee for awhile. In addition to keeping their big bats like Kingsler, Vlad and Josh Hamilton.

Sweet Candace
October 11th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I don't know if Lee will stay with Texas. We'll have to wait and see with him. Will he stay in Texas or go play a team play like New York [Yankees], who tried to make an offer for him.

Livewire
October 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I don't know if Lee will stay with Texas. We'll have to wait and see with him. Will he stay in Texas or go play a team play like New York [Yankees], who tried to make an offer for him.

Oh I hope not. The Yankees 'collecting' all the good players out there gets old after awhile. :/

Sweet Candace
October 11th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Oh I hope not. The Yankees 'collecting' all the good players out there gets old after awhile. :/

I totally agree with you. That's the reason why I hate the Yankees. The MLB needs a salary cap; it'll probably cripple the Yankees.

Livewire
October 11th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I totally agree with you. That's the reason why I hate the Yankees. The MLB needs a salary cap; it'll probably cripple the Yankees.

Agreed. I hardly find it fair to other clubs who arent loaded. :/ I wish there were plans to use one in the MLB, but I don't see it happening, unfortunately.

Sweet Candace
October 11th, 2010, 11:53 AM
And teams like Tampa Bay, Cincinnati and San Diego should be praised that they're competitive without a high payroll.

Red1530
October 11th, 2010, 02:14 PM
If Tampa Bay defeat the Rangers, it is going to be a crazy ALCS. I am going to post the scores of the Divisional Series games that were played over the weekend.

ALDS
MIN: 1
NYY: 6
(Yankees win series 3-0)

October 9
TB: 6
TEX: 3
(Texas leads series 2-1)

October 10
TB: 5
TEX: 2
(Series tied 2-2)
NLDS
PHI: 2
CIN: 0
(Phillies win series 3-0)

SF: 3
ATL: 2
(San Fransisco leads series 2-1)

Livewire
October 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
The Giants-Braves game a final? That series just got interesting. :) Lets hope the Braves can get one for Bobby.

Red1530
October 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM
The Giants and the Rangers have advance to the NLCS and ALCS respectively. The ALCS begins on Friday and the NLCS begins Saturday. The Ranger's wining the ALDS marks the first time in franchise history that they won a post-season series. The Rangers have faced the Yankees in post-season play four times. However the meetings were in the ALDS. This is the first time they will face each other in the ALCS. I am going to post the scores from the last DS games.

ALDS
TEX: 5
(Texas wins series 3-2)
NLDS
SF: 3
(San Fransisco wins series 3-1)

Livewire
October 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM
The Giants and the Rangers have advance to the NLCS and ALCS respectively. The ALCS begins on Friday and the NLCS begins Saturday. The Ranger's wining the ALDS marks the first time in franchise history that they won a post-season series. The Rangers have faced the Yankees in post-season play four times. However the meetings were in the ALDS. This is the first time they will face each other in the ALCS. I am going to post the scores from the last DS games.

ALDSTEX: 5
(Texas wins series 3-2)
NLDSSF: 3
(San Fransisco wins series 3-1)

Awesome. Please do.

To continue with the Yankee hatin', Lets go Rangers! And I'm sort of rooting for the Giants now, I get tired of seeing the same teams win every year. :/

Sweet Candace
October 14th, 2010, 02:34 PM
2010 World Series: Rangers vs. Phillies.

Going out on a limb and saying the Rangers vanquish the Yankees and deny them a 2009 WS rematch with Philadelphia.

Livewire
October 14th, 2010, 07:03 PM
2010 World Series: Rangers vs. Phillies.

Going out on a limb and saying the Rangers vanquish the Yankees and deny them a 2009 WS rematch with Philadelphia.

i'll take that bet. I think they can do it. I'm not sold on the Giants' offense being able to handle the Triumvirate of Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels, though. :/ Such a nastyyy combination.

Sweet Candace
October 15th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Giants have a good pitching rotation too. I think it'll come down to whoever can get the most offense in the NLCS, and I think Philly has the better shot to advance.

Livewire
October 15th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Giants have a good pitching rotation too. I think it'll come down to whoever can get the most offense in the NLCS, and I think Philly has the better shot to advance.

That's true. Tim Lincecum Vs. Roy Halladay in game one is a pitcher's dream come true. :D It'll be a great game.

thedestinedblade
October 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Wish there was a face palm smiley, lol. Rangers just choked away the lead in the 8th.

Livewire
October 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Wish there was a face palm smiley, lol. Rangers just choked away the lead in the 8th.

You can't be serious. DDDD: Come on Rangers. I last saw it was 5-0.

Sweet Candace
October 16th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Oh man, the Rangers really blew a golden opportunity to go up 1-0. This loss will probably come back to haunt them...

thedestinedblade
October 16th, 2010, 06:24 PM
The Giants are up 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th. So much for the pitcher's duel.

Livewire
October 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Oh man, the Rangers really blew a golden opportunity to go up 1-0. This loss will probably come back to haunt them...

All even at one a piece. :) Hopefully they'll keep it up.

thedestinedblade
October 16th, 2010, 07:05 PM
All even at one a piece. :) Hopefully they'll keep it up.

Really?! Wasn't even aware Yankees/Rangers played today. D:

Livewire
October 16th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Really?! Wasn't even aware Yankees/Rangers played today. D:

Yup, the Rangers managed to pull it out. Thier first home playoff win ever, which I find crazy. O___o This is the ball club of Nolan Ryan, for pity's sake.

Sweet Candace
October 17th, 2010, 04:56 AM
The Giants beat the Phillies 4-3 last night. Game 2 is tonight I believe.

Livewire
October 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
The Giants beat the Phillies 4-3 last night. Game 2 is tonight I believe.

I didn't see that coming. D: I know it's a little early to call, but I'd like a Rangers-Giants WS. :DDD

Sweet Candace
October 17th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I don't how both LCS's will pan out. I think they both might go to the max 7 games.

RED BARON
October 17th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Looking forward to the game tomorrow! Go Rangers!

thedestinedblade
October 18th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Rangers blew out the Yankees. Cliff Lee is not human.

donavannj
October 18th, 2010, 07:35 PM

I'd make a comment on how it's odd that the Twins have beat him more recently than the Yankees, but then I remember who has a more comprehensive scouting report on him because of who he originally played for (Indians).

And it'd be nice to see the Rangers in the Series this year.

Livewire
October 18th, 2010, 08:43 PM

Wow. 0____0 There is really no other way to describe him. It's unreal just how nasty he has been for the Rangers in the PS so far. Just wait til he gets to make mincemeat out of whichever NL team the Rangers (presumably) will play. Imagine Halladay vs Lee. :DDDD

Sweet Candace
October 19th, 2010, 08:17 AM
13 K's on the most powerful team in the AL, that's out of this world.

thedestinedblade
October 19th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Been waiting for Burnett to give up the big hit. Finally did in the 6th. 3-run homer to Molina. Ranger have the lead 5-3.

Livewire
October 20th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Been waiting for Burnett to give up the big hit. Finally did in the 6th. 3-run homer to Molina. Ranger have the lead 5-3.

10-3 Rangers. :D One more game until the World Series. At the beginning of the season I would have never thought that would happen.

Sweet Candace
October 20th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Yeah, the Rangers are one win away from vanquishing the Yankees. They'll have to beat CC to do so, though.

Red1530
October 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM
The Yankee offense has finally awaken this evening. This combined with a great performance from CC has kept the Yankee playoff hopes alive.

Livewire
October 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
The Yankee offense has finally awaken this evening. This combined with a great performance from CC has kept the Yankee playoff hopes alive.

I figured they'd be able to come back, they are still the Yankees. :/ Now it's back to Texas, I think? Or to NYC?

Sweet Candace
October 22nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
The Phillies and Yankees have to fight to force a Game 7. I don't know if they'll be able to pull it out and both force Game 7's. They might both be defeated in their respective Game 6's.

Livewire
October 22nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
The Phillies and Yankees have to fight to force a Game 7. I don't know if they'll be able to pull it out and both force Game 7's. They might both be defeated in their respective Game 6's.

At this point, I think the Phillies have a better chance to not get eliminated than the Yankees, but that's just me. I do want both of them to loose, though.

Red1530
October 22nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
At this point, I think the Phillies have a better chance to not get eliminated than the Yankees, but that's just me.I have to agree with you on the first point as the Phillies have home field advantage for Game 6 and a possible Game 7. The Yankees have to win tonight and Saturday to get to the World Series while on the road. The only good news is that Texas failed to clinch at home when they had Tampa Bay in a 2-0 hole.

thedestinedblade
October 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
Hoping the Rangers put an end to the series tonight.

Big 2 out double by Vladimir to give the Rangers to lead!

Rangers have blown open the game!

RED BARON
October 24th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Can't believe the Rangers are in the World Series.

Go Rangers!

Sweet Candace
October 24th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Rangers vs. Giants. My 'going out on a limb' guess was spot on. Now who will win the World Series?

Hmm....

donavannj
October 24th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I want Texas to so they have more leverage in keeping Cliff Lee away from the Yankees. They've certainly got the market size down there to become a big payroll team. :D

Sweet Candace
October 24th, 2010, 12:27 PM
If Cliff Lee gets that World Series ring, it'll hopefully entice him to stay in Texas and try and win another one.

If San Francisco wins the World Series, it'll seal Cliff's fate; he'll be a Yankee in 2011.

Anti
October 24th, 2010, 10:01 PM
With the Reds gone, I've been turning my attention to hoping that the Phillies and the Yankees lose, and both did! Now I can watch the World Series without really caring at all who wins. I'll pick San Francisco just because the favorites haven't done very well this postseason and the Giants have the pitching to survive the Rangers and their impressive hitting. I don't care either way though, I'll be looking forward to watching!

Livewire
October 25th, 2010, 06:59 AM
With the Reds gone, I've been turning my attention to hoping that the Phillies and the Yankees lose, and both did! Now I can watch the World Series without really caring at all who wins. I'll pick San Francisco just because the favorites haven't done very well this postseason and the Giants have the pitching to survive the Rangers and their impressive hitting. I don't care either way though, I'll be looking forward to watching!

A fellow Ohioan. :DD

Same here, I'm just glad we have some fresh blood in the WS this time. It's nice to see the 'little guys' get a shot at a title.

thedestinedblade
October 25th, 2010, 08:03 AM
ESPN must be hating this. :laugh:

Livewire
October 25th, 2010, 12:53 PM
ESPN must be hating this. :laugh:

I bet, seeing as a week and a half ago they were all raving how Godly Roy Halladay and the Phillies were. xD

Sweet Candace
October 25th, 2010, 02:57 PM
It's funny how one week can change the view of the entire network.

Livewire
October 27th, 2010, 06:00 AM
It's funny how one week can change the view of the entire network.

True. They could worl on being un-biased a tad better. XD

Well game one is tonight. Any predictions?

With Lee pitching tonight, I'm going Rangers. He's just too good.

thedestinedblade
October 27th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Never bet against Lee. I have the Rangers in a close one.

Sweet Candace
October 27th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I think the Rangers will win an epic Game 1 and win the series in 6.

Livewire
October 27th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I think the Rangers will win an epic Game 1 and win the series in 6.

That ^ I do think the series will be close, each should go well into the 8th-9th innings, no blow-outs or anything.

Kelp
October 27th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Lincecum will make it or break it for the Giants, I say they win it all.

Sweet Candace
October 28th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Game 1 was a bit of a blowout, but I still think the Rangers will win the series.

Livewire
October 28th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Game 1 was a bit of a blowout, but I still think the Rangers will win the series.

:0 Boy I messed up that call. I was honestly surprised by the high score.

Sweet Candace
October 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM
The Giants got to Cliff Lee early. I think that was the big surprise.

Livewire
October 31st, 2010, 07:22 PM
The Giants got to Cliff Lee early. I think that was the big surprise.

Yeah. Well it looks like the Giants are about to go up 3-1. :0

thedestinedblade
November 1st, 2010, 03:15 AM
Series done. I was hoping for a memorable 7-game series.

Sweet Candace
November 1st, 2010, 07:41 AM
Texas has one last gasp effort with their ace, Cliff Lee. Texas really needs him to play out of his mind to have a chance at a Game 6.

Livewire
November 1st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Texas has one last gasp effort with their ace, Cliff Lee. Texas really needs him to play out of his mind to have a chance at a Game 6.

I'm hoping he has his stuff tonight. :/ Otherwise its all over for Texas.

Sweet Candace
November 1st, 2010, 04:43 PM
If San Francisco can get to Cliff Lee like they did in Game 1; yes, it's all over for Texas.

Livewire
November 2nd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Well Giants won the World Series, so I guess our focus should turn to next year. xD I must say 2010 was very fun to watch.

Sweet Candace
November 3rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
There will be a lot of changes going into the 2011 MLB Season, like will Cliff Lee be wearing pinstripes? Will the Yankees be able to keep Jeter and Rivera? Will Jose Bautista still be hitting homers north of the border?

There are so many questions and only a couple of months to answer them.

Livewire
November 3rd, 2010, 08:59 AM
There will be a lot of changes going into the 2011 MLB Season, like will Cliff Lee be wearing pinstripes? Will the Yankees be able to keep Jeter and Rivera? Will Jose Bautista still be hitting homers north of the border?

There are so many questions and only a couple of months to answer them.

If the Yankees opt to go without Rivera and/or Jeter, I'd expect them to try to sign Cliff Lee.