PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Affiliates

AaronOnPokemon
October 7th, 2010, 03:28 PM
How about having affiliates on this site; such as fan sites, Pokédex sites and Pokémon game sites. Then they will like to you and then the forum will get more members.

I think this is a pretty fool proof plan :)

Zet
October 7th, 2010, 03:39 PM
We used to have affiliates but really they were kinda pointless and not needed seeing as how no one bothered clicking on them.

AaronOnPokemon
October 7th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Well they are more for the other site, not this one....

Because this site is well known it already gets a lot of traffic. And if you have it so people can apply to become affiliated with this site there will be a lot more traffic :)

Arcanine
October 7th, 2010, 03:53 PM
PC is pretty well known around the interwebz when it comes to Pokemon. So chances are if we affiliate with someone it'll likely be some small site/forum where no one knows and it'll be helping them and not us. With 200,000 members, and 6,000,000 posts... I don't think we're hurting.

AceDragonite
October 7th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I don't mean to dwell in the past, but I was talking to a PC vet and they said PC may have lost some affiliates due to the behavior of a site admin from one of the affiliates.

Melody
October 7th, 2010, 04:00 PM
The answer is very likely to be no. Quite simply PC does not have an affiliate program any longer, it was canceled for good reasons and I doubt you'd ever have a chance unless you could convince every admin here to agree. That being said this is a bad idea nonetheless. PC does not need to affiliate itself with other websites.

Gumball Watterson
October 7th, 2010, 09:08 PM
What was "affiliation" in the old days was simply Community Sites. 3 of them, I believe. PPN, Seafoam Islands, and some other site I don't remember. PokeCommunity was sort of a joint operation. But of course, the community sites were dropped because PC was actually running strong independently.

Or at least that's what I can remember >__> I feel like I missed something.

The point is, if you Google "Pokemon Forums", Pokecommunity is the first result. There is 0 need for affiliation of any sort at that point.