PDA

View Full Version : The Valve Fanclub

Ciervo Volante
October 9th, 2010, 02:36 PM
The Valve Fanclub
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/ciervovolante/Sigs/valveclub.png
This is a club for anyone who is a fan of the video game company Valve, the makers of games like Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike.

Rules
- This goes without saying, but please follow all PC rules!
- You don't need to be a fan of all Valve games. Just one is good enough for me. 8'D
- No bashing characters/shippings/etc, and please respect your fellow members.
- Please do use spoiler tags when posting spoilers! (Major character deaths, big reveals, betrayals, etc)
- Stay on-topic, please?
- To join, please post "Sandvich" somewhere in your post to prove you read the rules.

Members
Ciervo Volante [Owner]
Zeffy
mervyn797
Chadie
Deathshot
Gentleman Fish
Sammyskitty
Hiroshi Sotomura
Steel*

Userbars, Buttons, etc
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6742/valveclubuserbar.png
Credit to Zeffy

To start us off, a topic:
What's your favorite Valve game?

Zeffy
October 12th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Joinage, because I play valve games. XP

sandvich

Ciervo Volante
October 12th, 2010, 05:36 AM
YAY OUR FIRST MEMBER!! ;U; *throws confetti* I was half-afraid nobody would join because that happened with the last club I made.

Plus also I forgot to answer my own topic;
What's your favorite Valve game?
I like them all. :U But I might like HL2 by just a liiiiittle bit more than the rest. xD

Zeffy
October 14th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I like most Valve games, really. But the good ol' Counter-Strike will be my favorite from them all. Team Fortress (Classic and 2) would come on close second.

mervyn797
October 14th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Oh great! A Valve fan club! I want to join as well.
I like Counter Strike, I'm a bit too addicted to it. XD And yeah, I like sandvich as well!

Zeffy
October 14th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Oh great! A Valve fan club! I want to join as well.
I like Counter Strike, I'm a bit too addicted to it. XD And yeah, I like sandvich as well!
I'm addicted to CS as well. Back during the summer I played Counter-Strike literally every day. xD

Chadie
October 14th, 2010, 05:00 AM
I actually like and played most of Valve games, but CS is definitely my favorite; we [me and my friends] used to go to this Internet network café every weekend and play against random people there. I kick ass in it. Left 4 Dead comes second, very closely. :D

Ciervo Volante
October 14th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Wow holy crap, I turn around and get all these posts? YAY. 8'D

actually I've never played CS.

@Chadie
Re-read the rules pleasu? ;u;

Chadie
October 14th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I forgot this was a group/club, haha. And sorry about that. I guess I want to join, Sandvich :D

Deathshot
October 14th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I am up for joining this as well!
If you wish to add me to steam: Deathshot333

btw-------

http://kotaku.com/5663410/steam-to-introduce-digital-trade+ins

Right now, if you buy a game from Steam, finish it and don't want it, well, you can...delete it. You can't go trade it in. But there are whispers that the digital purchase giant is considering implementing such a scheme.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter, taking a break from wildly speculating about the future of the industry, has actually gone on record to say he's heard Valve will soon be allowing those who download a game to trade it in.

"Steam is phenomenal, it's a great service," he told NowGamer. "Steam gives gamers enough other stuff so that they don't resent the fact they can't trade in their games. And you know, name all the Steam games that you've purchased that you've traded back in to somebody else for credit. Steam's about to let you do that supposedly, you know like trade and exchange, but they're going to take a fee from it."

Interesting. At the moment, if you delete a game you've purchased, you may not get anything back in return for offloading it, but you can download it again in the future. Giving consumers the option of forsaking that convenience in exchange for credit towards future purchases would, we'd imagine, go down a treat with most of Steam's regular users.

Ciervo Volante
October 14th, 2010, 03:32 PM
@Chadie
lol it's okay! Welcome to the club. 8D

@Deathshot
mm you're forgetting somethiiing.

But that trade-in thing sounds cool! I'd love to do that. xD

Deathshot
October 14th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Hmm What am I forgetting?

Btw, Favorite Valve game would have to be Half-life. I have played it since it was owned by Sierra.

Gentleman Fish
October 15th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Half life 1 just takes the sandvich (i wouldve used cake but its a lie)

Deathshot
October 15th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Half-life gave a lot of things when it was made. Just check out the mods for it and a sandvich.

Off-topic:Btw guys, the Trade-ins thing has been proven false.

Ciervo Volante
October 15th, 2010, 03:58 PM
@Deathshot
Ding ding ding! Also, sucks that the trade-in thing was false. XP

@Gentleman Fish
Welcome. 8'D

Thought I'd post this. You guys might like it. or not

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/ciervovolante/Art%20Crap/halflifedump.png

Zeffy
October 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Looks good. It kinda reminds me of something not related to Valve. xD

Roxanne Rosie
October 15th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Meh....Its kinda a tie between Portal, Half-Life and Left 4 Dead for Sammy

Sammy ordered a sandvich for lunch the other day at school, yes

Ciervo Volante
October 17th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Looks good. It kinda reminds me of something not related to Valve. xD

Eh, yeah. XD My style is pretty non-Valve-ish and stupid. XDD

Sammy ordered a sandvich for lunch the other day at school, yes

I had a sandvich for dinner. *u* *fistbump*

Roxanne Rosie
October 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Could someone make a userbar or banner?

Sammy would support this if we had one

Zeffy
October 18th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Could someone make a userbar or banner?

Sammy would support this if we had one
I'd gladly make a userbar! Time to get my graphic skills on! >:F

Roxanne Rosie
October 20th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Yay! Sammy can't wait for it!

Ciervo Volante
October 22nd, 2010, 06:31 AM
Hiya guys! Sorry I haven't been on in well, ages. My internet connection just went and exploded. x.x

Also thanks for making a userbar, Zeffy. XD I would have done it, but I haven't made one in years and it would probably turn out looking like a 3-year-old made it. xD;

Zeffy
October 22nd, 2010, 09:39 PM
Hiya guys! Sorry I haven't been on in well, ages. My internet connection just went and exploded. x.x

Also thanks for making a userbar, Zeffy. XD I would have done it, but I haven't made one in years and it would probably turn out looking like a 3-year-old made it. xD;

Meh, I'd probably get done with the userbar by tomorrow. I can't right now, I'm on my mom's laptop. D;

mervyn797
October 22nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
To be honest I've not even played a single game made by Valve except for Counter Strike. I once tried Half Life, but I never understood it's concept. ._.;

Zeffy
October 23rd, 2010, 03:07 AM

And lo, it is done! xD
Comments? Criticisms? Violent reactions?

Roxanne Rosie
October 23rd, 2010, 07:18 AM
ZefZef, It looks AMAZING!

Sammy played Portal yesterday in class. Sammy started a new game but as soon as Sammy got to GLaDOS, the bell rung and Sammy had to leave...

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 27th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Spah's sappin' mah Valveclub!

Hello, I am Dell and I would like to build on top of on this awesome fanclub. (But only if you don't make me build a sandvich dispenser.)

Ciervo Volante
October 28th, 2010, 02:27 PM
@Zeffy
The userbar is awesome! I'll add it to the first post, k?

@Hiroshi Sotomura
Ah, welcomes~ And too bad about the dispenser, I'm pretty hungry. xD

So, who's gonna be getting DotA2? I hadn't even heard of the first prior to the announcement, so... I must investigate! *puts on thinking cap*

Deathshot
October 28th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Btw My Steam : Deathshot333

Zeffy
October 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
DotA2? Ugh...I don't want to get addicted to it too. D;
I think I might get it, although I can play it on local computer shops when its out. :D

Ciervo Volante
November 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hahaha. Guys. I am SO sorry for not replying sooner. Things have just been so busy lately and I haven't had time for anything. So... yeah. So sorry. x.x

In other news; Portal 2 has been DELAYED. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-18-valve-confirms-portal-2-delay)

Not that this is a big surprise, given Valve's history with delays and all, but I was a bit depressed by it, seeing as how I have a bad feeling that the first half of 2011 isn't gonna be... great for me. I was looking forward to Portal 2 keeping me at least moderately sane, and all. But OH WELL, WON'T BE THE FIRST TIME IT'S HAPPENED. 8'D

Zeffy
November 22nd, 2010, 02:01 AM
The delay of Portal 2 doesn't bother me. I don't think I'm getting it, that's why.

Steel*
November 22nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Nice, a Valve Fanclub. I've played Half Life 1/2, have CS 1.6, CS CZ, and CS Source, but my best game out of all of them is Condition Zero. I had some good times with that game. I'd like to join this club; hopefully it doesn't die like all the other clubs I've tried to join -_-

Sandvich

TheAppleFreak
November 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
Ohey look, it's a Valve fanclub. I'mma join it now.

I own and play Portal and TF2 quite regularly, and I also own HL2 and the episodes but have not played them yet. My Steam ID is LordOfApple, by the way.

I own and play Portal and TF2 quite regularly, and I also own HL2 and the episodes but have not played them yet. My Steam ID is LordOfApple, by the way.

Ciervo Volante
November 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
Nice, a Valve Fanclub. I've played Half Life 1/2, have CS 1.6, CS CZ, and CS Source, but my best game out of all of them is Condition Zero. I had some good times with that game. I'd like to join this club; hopefully it doesn't die like all the other clubs I've tried to join -_-

Sandvich

Yay, welcome~ AND DON'T WORRY, I'MA MAKE SURE IT WONT DIE!! ;U;

*cough cough nudge*

lol we need a new topic. Any ideas guys?

Steel*
November 22nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Yay, welcome~ AND DON'T WORRY, I'MA MAKE SURE IT WONT DIE!! ;U;

*cough cough nudge*

lol we need a new topic. Any ideas guys?
Thanks! How about starting from the beginning? How people got hooked onto the valve game(s) I mean.

Ciervo Volante
November 23rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
@Steel*
Ah good idea~ xD

Well, I... actually don't know what got me started playing Valve games. ._. Like, I randomly asked for HL2 for Christmas last year, and the rest is history? XD

Steel*
November 23rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
Haha, that's really random. I remember my brother introduced me to Condition Zero when it was sort of new and I got addicted to CZ pretty fast. When I cleared all the main game missions on all difficulties I played random matches with bots and then eventually moved on to the online game. My first time playing online I stayed up until about 3 AM playing it; it was just too much fun even though I was a newbie at the time. From there it was only uphill as I got my brother and friend to try the online experience where we had many good times online. It's a long story.

Zeffy
November 24th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Counter-Strike. That's all I can say. Counter-Strike. xD

mervyn797
November 30th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Out of all three versions of Counter Strike, I still prefer 1.6. :P CS: Source is pretty good as well. Condition Zero missions were too easy. =(

Ciervo Volante
November 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Ahaha, one day I am gonna get CS. xD EVENTUALLY~

Also, happy really REALLY late, I mean, god I coulda said it sooner but NOOOOO Thanksgivin everyone. *_*

kidpunk
November 30th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I'll join.
My favorites are the L4D series games, but I'm also enjoy Counter-Strike 1.6, Team Fortress 1+2, and Portal.

Steel*
December 3rd, 2010, 10:07 AM
Out of all three versions of Counter Strike, I still prefer 1.6. :P CS: Source is pretty good as well. Condition Zero missions were too easy. =(
I don't see why 1.6 was so popular. Most of the levels were so poorly lit that it was difficult to see enemies and the abundance of hackers was disappointing. CZ main game missions were too easy? I don't know what you did, but I played it through all 4 difficulties and it wasn't that easy on expert mode, especially doing specific objectives such as winning a round in 45 seconds, killing 3 enemies with a shield without dying, etc. Grenades made it easy, but you could only have so much lol.

Zeffy
December 5th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I don't see why 1.6 was so popular. Most of the levels were so poorly lit that it was difficult to see enemies and the abundance of hackers was disappointing. CZ main game missions were too easy? I don't know what you did, but I played it through all 4 difficulties and it wasn't that easy on expert mode, especially doing specific objectives such as winning a round in 45 seconds, killing 3 enemies with a shield without dying, etc. Grenades made it easy, but you could only have so much lol.
Condition Zero is poop. What I want is just to kill other people around and not do game missions.