PDA

View Full Version : Ash's Father

zoo3891
October 10th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Who do you think ash's dad is. The pokemon wikia says that hewent off on his own journey from pallet town. We already seen that Giovanni couldn't because he is silver's dad.

Some logical guesses are:
Mr.Mime
Professor Oak
Professor Birch
and Bob Ross

Please post your guess

Vernikova
October 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Who is Ash’s father?
Ash’s father is a Pokémon Trainer traveling on his own who may or may not appear later on in the series.

None of the above.

e: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233332

Gumball Watterson
October 10th, 2010, 11:35 AM
The most logical thing would be that Pokemon is a George Lopez. Ash's father "went on a journey". Actually, he left Delia. I believe Delia got pregnant with Ash when she was 18 no? Getting knocked up at that age usually means the dad is going to leave you.

So yes, Ash's father "is on a journey"... to raise other kids with his wealth of being VP of some unknown company.

Which proves my life-time hypothesis that almost everyone in Pokemon is Mexican.

Ryanna Jameson
October 10th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Wait, Mr. Mime is a logical guess? Is it just me or is that incredibly wrong and most likely impossible? Because Ash was the one who gave Delia Mr. Mime. Regardless of the bestiality factor.

I'm going to have to agree with AK47 on this, even though I've been a longtime supporter of the Prof. Oak Is Ash's Daddy theory.

JakeyBoy
October 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
We already seen that Giovanni couldn't because he is silver's dad. Anime is not video games/manga. Silver isn't even in the anime, not like he is in the other media anyway.

Mr.Mime
Professor Oak
Professor Birch
and Bob Ross
Mr.Mime

...Define "logical".

Digimon Kaiser
October 10th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Ash is probably some bastard child whose dad died before he was born. Such a shame.

femtrooper
October 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I doubt that they will ever introduce Ash's father in the anime, or in the games. It's just not going to happen. I bet Ash's father either left when Delia was pregnant...or he really did leave for a Pokémon journey of his own. But who does that? How do people condone this behaviour? You don't knock somebody up and then decide to go on a Pokémon adventure. That's just not cool! What a bad Dad! No offense!

Way to take part in your son's life and just leave your wife to raise a child. Haha. Stupid Ash's Dad...

Cold Fusion
October 10th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm curious as to how Mr. Mime is a logical guess. That's just seems more impossible in my mind.

I've always been a big fan of Professor Oak being Ash's farther, and the most likely reason I've come to this because that is actually how he acts to Ash. He has become a fatherly figure he can come back too since the beginning of the anime. But Ash's dad isn't Professor Oak, for certain. Indeed in my opinion is that his farther "is a trainer on a journey" who I don't believe will ever appear later on in the series, it will make it too dramatical for the children audience of Pokemon.

Dooonerz
October 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Mr.Mime

LOL. I'm trying to think how Mr. Mime is a logical guess xD

Anywho, my guess would be on Prof. Oak. No logic behind it, but it would mean that Ash would be Gary's dad o.O

cyan.
October 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I don't understand Prof Oak, because then that would mean Ash was wayy older then Gary.

Gumball Watterson
October 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I don't understand Prof Oak, because then that would mean Ash was wayy older then Gary.

Actually, Professor Oak could have knocked another lady his age a while ago and had a daughter/son who knocked for Gary at the same time Oak knocked Delia for Ash.

Just sayin'

mervyn797
October 10th, 2010, 09:13 PM
This question has been asked so many times now. xD
Mr.Mime._.
How is that logical?

Ash’s father is a Pokémon Trainer traveling on his own who may or may not appear later on in the series.

This seems to me as the most 'logical' reply.

I don't really know why, but I always thought that Giovanni was Ash's father. XD;

And by the way, before making threads on such common questions, take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233332)
Vernikova has already answered your question there.

MrGriszell
October 10th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Ok think about this even tho its 13 years for us since ash started his journy its only been within a year for him. one of the episodes showed ash with his dad in a flashback ash was a little younger than he is now. for all we know ash could of seen his dad a day before the series start

AceTrainerChris
October 10th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Professor Oak is obviously the father of Giovanni

Mew~
October 11th, 2010, 07:37 AM
There was that guy Ash had a little memory of in the Twinleaf episode or Spencer hale - It was mentioned in Pokemon Live that Delia used to be a member of Team rocket! Maybe Giovanni banged her and shes kept it a secret from them both!

Vernikova
October 11th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Pokémon Live! isn't canon.

SuperiorCat
October 11th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Well. The subject is probably not brought up in the Ketchum household, because his Dad is dead. Traumatized 10 year would be traumatized if the truth was known.

I sense conspiracy shenanigans.

Either that or his father was some random Ditto?

RainbowWing
October 11th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Along time ago i always thought ash's father was dead, mostly because the English dub of the anime didn't talk about his dad at all, i think.
(LOL 4kids)

His dad is probably on his own adventure, and is probably a character we don't know about so far.

ORegan
October 11th, 2010, 12:59 PM
If you're son was Ash Ketchum, wouldn't you leave too? :P

Know what would be really funny though? If Ash never knew his father, and already met him and beat him in a battle in Kanto or Johto. :p

Also, a Mr. Mime is very logical if you believe this article on Bulbapedia stating that all humans are a sub-specie of Pokemon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Humans

They have no known genetic relationship to Pokemon at the present time, but according to Sinnoh myths, they once coexisted as a single species (possibly Mew) and were one and the same. This species transformed between human form and Pokémon form often. Eventually, this species evolved (in the Darwinist sense) into humans and the various species of Pokémon seen today.

Then again, it would mean that theoretically, Ash's father could also be a Caterpie. XD

Infernape
October 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM

Is it wrong I like this better than the Mr.Mime thing?

PearlShipper4Life
October 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM
So many guesses, I'm thinking some one we don't even know yet. It'd be cool if he was apart of an evil team.

Ryanna Jameson
October 11th, 2010, 01:59 PM
If Ash's father were any sort of Pokemon, there would be characteristics of that Pokemon observed in Ash. Ash is very human, so it is incredibly unlikely that his father was a Pokemon.

In any case, I'm also starting to like the idea that his father was a Rocket member, as well.

SIN1488
October 11th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Well you see, at some point Ash met Celebi and went back in time, creating a ripple in the space-time contiuum, and he is actually his own father..... Actually that's kind of creepy if you think about it..... :O

But really, I don't think they have ever shown him in the show, but I don't see why he wouldn't be in a future episode, as that might be kind of interesting.

2nd-Thanatos
October 14th, 2010, 09:06 AM
So yes, Ash's father "is on a journey"... to raise other kids with his wealth of being VP of some unknown company.

Which proves my life-time hypothesis that almost everyone in Pokemon is Mexican.

That would explain why nobody there seens to work and why on every new region there is a gang who "nobody tries" to stop.

[/sarcasm]

Would be kinda cool if Ash find his father turned to be a Pokemon Master and "there can be only one" thing xD
Like on GSC / HGSS when you find Red.

Hourglasshero
October 15th, 2010, 01:20 AM
ON A JOURNEY! XD
MAY OR MAY NOT BE SHOWN IN THE ANIME LATER ON!

WTF is Giovanni Silver's Dad? :o

Emonga
October 15th, 2010, 03:40 AM
I really don't know who is at or have a guess who he maybe. I hope we find out some day.

XFakerX
October 15th, 2010, 06:43 AM
He probably had a "good for nothing" father who left on a journey to be a pokemon master but instead he is now living alone in pallet as an unknown man. Similarly to Brock and Sabrina's fathers.

Pokémandias
October 16th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Oh I completely support the theory that Mr. Mime is Ash's father. He's the only person we ever see with Ash's Mom. You know that she doesn't keep him around just to dust and vacuum. Mr. Mime is her boyfriend it's as plain as day.

mervyn797
October 16th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Oh I completely support the theory that Mr. Mime is Ash's father. He's the only person we ever see with Ash's Mom. You know that she doesn't keep him around just to dust and vacuum. Mr. Mime is her boyfriend it's as plain as day.
The reason I find this illogical and baseless is that Mr. Mime is obtained by her It's Mr.Mime Time (EP 64) whereas Ash, as we know, was already born before that.

2nd-Thanatos
October 16th, 2010, 04:35 AM
The reason I find this illogical and baseless is that Mr. Mime is obtained by her It's Mr.Mime Time (EP 64) whereas Ash, as we know, was already born before that.

It depends on if you believe in time travels or not xDDD

mervyn797
October 16th, 2010, 04:55 AM
It depends on if you believe in time travels or not xDDD
So you guys won't give up on this, right? I don't think Delia had any encounter with Celebi or Dialga. >_>

Prometheus
October 16th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Maybe, In a couple of years like, Twenty? He'll come, Or maybe he's a great trainer!

SIN1488
October 16th, 2010, 09:34 AM

I don't really support that idea, but remember how Bill used his machine thing to turn into a pokemon? Well....... Maybe Ash's father did the same, but got stuck? :O

:P

2nd-Thanatos
October 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM
So you guys won't give up on this, right? I don't think Delia had any encounter with Celebi or Dialga. >_>

I was just joking. Nobody gets my sarcasm ._.

I actually think Ash's father left her mother. You never see her saying anything about him, except for one setence at the first or second episode. Even through Ash is a sucessful trainer in the Animé, she never said anything like "your father would be proud" or anything like that. She probably don't wanna talk about it.

And, of course, probably Ash's father don't even know who his son is. If he knew his son won more than 30 badges and been at least in the finals of every region Pokemon League, I think he would have passed by to say Hello.

Marowak10
October 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Oh yeah, definitively, a Ditto who wanted to be laid. He would of have do of based his design off something though. Which means the ditto in question would have to have seen EVERYTHING>

TJgamer
October 16th, 2010, 11:39 AM
He is only mentioned once in the series and is now never seen or heard of again......so far.
As for one of the choices.......none seem to be logical.
...Mr. Mime?! What kind of nonsense is that?

Shiny Politoed
October 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
The Narrator is his father.He is dead and is creepishly watching everything his son dose(like a guardian angel) from heaven and tells us people of his journey.

Steve Moore
October 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Ash's dad is Mr. Pokemon.

fenyx4
October 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Anime is not video games/manga. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Silver isn't even in the anime[/S-HIGHLIGHT], not like he is in the other media anyway.

...Define "logical".

Well, there was this one little scene in "Pokemon Chronicles". The Japanese opening, at least:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2c/Silver_in_the_Anime.png

Anyway, I personally think Ash's father is Silver/Shiruba, due to similarities they seem to share :):

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/25/AnimeSilver2.jpg

Professor Oak or Rocket Boss Giovanni being Ash's father would be interesting to see, but it would be weird for Ash to be related to Gary Oak or Silver (the red-head Johto rival)... The revelation of Ash's father (if not Silver from Pokemon Chronicles) would be a fitting to see in the last a Pokemon episode...

Pokémandias
October 17th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Well maybe Ash's mother's affinity for Mr. Mimes in general says that in the past she had a fling with a Mr. Mime. She's got invisible box fever.

CrimsonSunVersion
October 22nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Could Satoshi Taiji (Creator Of Pokemon) be the son of Ash Ketchum? Satoshi Taiji named the main character Satoshi (English name - Ash Ketchum).

Kirbychu
October 22nd, 2010, 06:20 PM
Could Satoshi Taiji (Creator Of Pokemon) be the son of Ash Ketchum? Satoshi Taiji named the main character Satoshi (English name - Ash Ketchum).
Explain to me how this makes any sense.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~
October 22nd, 2010, 10:16 PM
As others have stated before me, Ash's father is on a journey. I've also questioned on who his father could be, but unless Ash somehow stumbles across him and has to face him in a battle(Which I doubt will happen, though it would be interesting if he did) then I really don't think we'll EVER know who his Father is.

CrimsonSunVersion
October 23rd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Explain to me how this makes any sense.

I don't need to explain how hard is it to answer a simple question you just have to think of possible ways on who Ash's father really is. I doubt Satoshi Taiji is the father of Ash Ketchum.

Kirbychu
October 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
I don't need to explain how hard is it to answer a simple question you just have to think of possible ways on who Ash's father really is. I doubt Satoshi Taiji is the father of Ash Ketchum.
Nevermind, I really can't understand what you're trying to say. Grammar is your friend.

As mentioned before, Ash's father isn't anyone we've seen before, I'm not sure we'll even see him in the future.

Rucario
October 29th, 2010, 12:10 PM
His father is some jobless deadbeat that couldn't support the family in any way, it seems. But in all seriousness, it can't be Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime came while Ash was on his journey. A lot of people suspect it to be Giovanni, but I don't know. I believe that it could be Spencer Hale from Pokemon: The Third Move. Delia and Spencer Hale were apparently good friends and he wasn't much older than her and I think that it's a possibility. Or maybe Ash's father is dead. He killed himself because of Ash. He would rather have Gary as a son.

ZebraikaKnight
October 30th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Maybe he was an aspiring trainer who simply died before Ash was born. No need to make things so crazy.

I'm not arguing that Delia's copping a bit of Mime-meat, since she clearly is (and Barrier provides an excellent contraceptive) but I think that started a while after Ash's dad died.

Ryanna Jameson
November 1st, 2010, 07:05 AM
I'm still thinking Oak x Delia is what went down after Ash's dad died/left/vanished/got a restraining order put on him/was kidnapped/went into a coma, but according to Pokemopolis Delia and Oak include anyone in their love parties (Mr. Mime, Tracey, Brock, Muk).

...Yes, I realize Pokemopolis is not a viable source, although much of what they say makes a lot of sense. ^^;

AshPikastar
November 2nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Wow. This thread made me laugh so much during lunch that my friends had to come over to see what was going on.

Mr.Mime

Lol how is this even possible?

The Narrator is his father.He is dead and is creepishly watching everything his son dose(like a guardian angel) from heaven and tells us people of his journey.

I could actually see the Narrator as Ash father. So far this is the only one that makes sense.

Although I believe the Narrator being Ash father would make sense, I support the Oak x Delia one. You just never know.

Iqid Loopz
November 3rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
I think Ashs father was about go on his own Pokemon Journey. And Delia knew that he wont come back for a while and the father got into her pants. Probably . After the father left, Delia found out she was pregnent with Ashs fathers baby. Accidental pregnancy basicly. Leaving the father unaware.

And Ashs dad is probably still on his journey, or dead...or something without contacting home for the past I dont know how old Ashs is now...Probably old. But yea havent contact Delia for that long...that's my theory. But of coarse wrong.

bwburke94
November 12th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Giovanni is a candidate, since HG/SS and Adventures are not canon to the anime.

The two other frequent theories I've seen are Silver (the one from Sevii, not the rival or the Lugia) and Professor Oak. Oak is at least 50 years old as of Johto and has a grandson, while Silver has never met Ash.

It's worth noting that this is the ONLY singular rumor from any media to get a page exclusive to itself on TV Tropes.

PALKY
November 12th, 2010, 11:32 AM
we already know some things about ash's father.first of all he is better than ash.but he may be dead.[ash always lose,neither do a leuge]