PDA

View Full Version : TV series that deserve another season

Allied05
October 16th, 2010, 01:51 AM
TV series that should have gone to one more season.
Firefly
Angel
Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles
Pushing Daisies
Knight Rider (2008)
Reaper
Stargate Atlantis

Prometheus
October 16th, 2010, 05:34 AM
I agree, I wanted too see a proper end for Pushing Dasies.

©ereal Killer
October 17th, 2010, 01:11 AM
I agree, I wanted too see a proper end for Pushing Dasies.

Second you on that ;D

I just love the narrator xD

Monark360
October 17th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I'm still bitter over the loss of both Cavemen and Carpoolers. Damn writers strike. :(

I think Firefly will always be the classic "one more season" series. It's the first thing I go to in my head when I hear the question. Serenity was all kinds of epic, but there was too much to the series that the movie just didn't have. Plus, they killed my favorite characters. Totally wasn't fair.

tkallab
October 17th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Animaniacs was one of the most epic cartoons of all time, succesfully playing with every single trope. It ran for about six years, I believe. I would definitely love it if it were to make one more season and show all the kid's shows these days what real humor is...

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!
October 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM
I wish they'd continued Angel just because it was beyond amazing. Also...It's a long shot, but does anyone remember Slacker Cats? Haha.

CharCopter
October 17th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Mission Hill needs to come back on. I miss it.

Guy
October 17th, 2010, 09:25 AM
A series that I wrapped up not too long ago was Ghost Whisperer. Probably the biggest series I was really into for a long time. It ended with five seasons, and while the ending was satisfying by answering questions that were left on loose ends and made viewers feel content, it still felt like it could have continued on for one more season. It was actually canceled on its fifth season, and ABC didn't renew it for another one. Writers and actors were said to not sign any contracts as it was possible another network would pick it up, but that unfortunately never happened.

A lot more story could have been told, and it stands true seeing as that a sixth season was nearly taken up. So, I would see this as deserving.

My other idea though would to have the series renewed, with Melinda's son, Aiden more grown up (college student perhaps). It can elaborate more on the different abilities he has compared to his mother. As well as introduce a new method of story to the series. Then again, I guess that's what FanFics are for.

Boomburst
October 17th, 2010, 11:24 PM
What has happend to Viva Pinata? Sure, i belive Rare is making Viva Pinata 3. but they have completely forgottern about the tv show. :( And i like it more than pokemon.

Sora's Nobody
October 18th, 2010, 12:11 AM
What has happend to Viva Pinata? Sure, i belive Rare is making Viva Pinata 3. but they have completely forgottern about the tv show. :( And i like it more than pokemon.
Viva pinata on tv was really awesome. I agree. It was funny it was ridiculous. Wait, did it get cancelled?

Forever
October 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Out of the Blue. It finished recently... and I'm quite disappointed, the decision for the series to "finish" at 130 episodes, leaving it as a cliffhanger as to who gets shot is stupid. There were so many storylines starting up towards the end and I think ending it at that point was pointless, because the viewers want to know who died, leaving the entire series on a cliffhanger like that is unfair to everyone in my view. :( But yeah, OotB especially. Probably some other childhood TV shows too, I guess (are Rugrats and CatDog still going? I hope so!)

SIN1488
October 18th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Hell, even I watched and enjoyed that "Viva Pinata" show, and it's obviously aimed at a much younger audience. :embarrass

But anyways, as someone else said, Angel. Sure it was kind of cheesy, but it was also awesome at the same time. My favorite was that one with the puppets that were part of some kids show called "Smile Time", and Angel gets turned into a puppet at some point. :laugh:

Also, I'm sure someone has heard of this show though it's kind of obscure, but "Dead Like Me". It could have gone on for a few seasons longer, but I guess not enough people watched it or something. :(

Weeaboo Name
October 18th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Bones. I think it was coming to an end so yeah, that.

Captain Hobo.
October 18th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I think Zozy 101 and Drake and Josh should come back. I miss them:(

I used to always watch them.

SIN1488
October 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Drake and Josh should come back. I miss them:(

I used to always watch them.

Impossible, because Miranda Cosgrove is much older now. iCarly isn't bad though...... :o

Monark360
October 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Bones. I think it was coming to an end so yeah, that.
Bones is still on. :\

(Quotes don't count toward the character limit...or am I just being stupid?)

Arc
October 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM
GIMME MAH FREAKAZOID.

Ahem... But yeah, I would really love for Freakazoid to come back. I also want Angel to come back, that was a awesome show.

WriteThemWrong
October 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM
zombieland was originally suppose to be a tv show, i would love to see zombies on tv.

angel should definitely get another season.
greg the bunny was hilarious and premiered when i didn't hate seth green but i think i would love it if it came back.
and there's so many cartoons i wish would come back, shaolin showdown comes to mind

Raiskit
October 19th, 2010, 11:47 AM
^ Xiaolin Showdown. Yes, it would be nice if that show had another season. -nod-

Powerpuff Girls Z really comes to mind. Along with Shaman King (though I have no idea how they would pull that off). I would really enjoy if Ghost Whisperer had another season, Primeval as well.

fer
October 20th, 2010, 12:28 PM
In no doubt about it I honestly thought Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles did deserve another season, it left me quite confused how it got ended quickly and it didn't make much sense with the season finale, well for me at least. Honestly, I just loved the characters to death they were so awesome at acting especially Summer Glau who portrayed Cameron Phillips, the strange and mysterious former Skynet Infiltrator.

tigerfangred91
October 20th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Arrested Development :'( although it ended in the best way possible

SIN1488
October 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Arrested Development :'( although it ended in the best way possible

This one was good, but I don't even remember how it ended. ?0_o?

Haunted House of Onyx
October 20th, 2010, 03:25 PM
The Tick... The cartoon

I LOVED that show when I was 6, my father and I would always watch it together... That show was definately THE all time favorite cartoon ever... I would probably cry in satisfaction if that show was STILL running and had ONE more season... As well as Earthworm Jim, and AAAHHH Real Monsters.

butterbiscuit
October 20th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I liked Monk a lot, but most shows that I like a lot are still going. :b

Allied05
October 22nd, 2010, 03:28 AM
Exosquad
Battletech- cartoon
Mr Men Show (2008)
I really wish they had gone much longer.

PlatinumDude
October 22nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Even though I don't watch Drake and Josh that often, I feel that it deserves another season because the duo of Drake Bell and Josh Peck is hilarious.

Avey
October 24th, 2010, 03:00 AM
24. Would it have really killed Fox to authorise one more season? And Drake and Josh, not to tie up loose ends but just for the sake of more hilarious episodes.

Jolene
October 24th, 2010, 04:01 PM
They need to make another season of the modern Sherlock I have already watched all the episodes online there are only three!

CrimsonSunVersion
October 25th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I think the 8th Doctor should have a TV series following from Doctor Who The Movie (1996) to explore the time war era.

BHwolfgang
October 25th, 2010, 06:28 AM
It'd be amazing if the writers make another season for Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles. I watched that show every time there was a new episode, then it all ended suddenly. I personally liked the storyline, and the characters was good enough to keep me hooked.

Xiaolin Showdown is another series that I would love to see back again. I really want to see what happens now that Raimundo is the team leader and not Omi. Plus, there are many things that wasn't revealed, like Raimundo's relationship with Kimiko. I feel like Clay didn't have much time to shine, so hopefully the writers focus on him more if there's a 4th season coming up.

Gold warehouse
October 25th, 2010, 09:38 AM
All my favourite TV shows ended when they should have (or ended after the point where they should have) I've seen too many good TV shows ruined after they were dragged out too long.

The only one that comes to mind is Buffy, just because it didn't really have a very deep or complex plot throughout, it was just one of those series that could have gone on forever. Just mindless entertainment, but I enjoyed it when I was younger, and still probably would. Plus I hated the ending.

Sixto
October 27th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Heroes was a great show. Even though the ratings fell hard, I would've liked to see a proper final season.

George Lopez was hilarious. I would've liked to see Carmen come back and maybe have a baby at 16 to give it an ironic twist.

Hovo
October 30th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Legend of the Seeker definitely. Such a good show with a great cast. It's a shame it wasn't pulling enough ratings.

o0PinkSquid0o
October 31st, 2010, 08:09 PM
Definitely FireFly! They left it so unfinished and I don't think the movie did it justice either... it explained nothing

Shelldershucker
October 31st, 2010, 09:37 PM
TV shows that deserve another season

Future Weapons (a show that used to be on TechTV, back in TechTV's glory days before it became the Godawful G4...)

King of the Hill (I know to many here, KotH is a "stupid redneck show" but I am quite fond of Mike Judge and his comedy that doesn't rely on excessive politically liberal lampooning, although I think they still make new episodes on AS)

Avatar: The Last Airbender (They need to tie up some loose ends, like...where is Zuko's mom and what she been doing all these years or if there are surviving airbenders that narrowly escaped Fire Nation genocide). Or what will become of Ozai and Azula.

Yu Yu Hakusho (I've read somewhere the creator wasn't entirely done with the manga, but had to end it quickly because he became ill..so the TV show had to end where the Manga ended...)

Venusaur♣
November 2nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Bones, I want more Bones XD

It was really one of the only Soap Opera things I watched XD

Kid Coma
November 7th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Mission Hill, just Mission Hill.

King of the Hill (I know to many here, KotH is a "stupid redneck show" but I am quite fond of Mike Judge and his comedy that doesn't rely on excessive politically liberal lampooning, although I think they still make new episodes on AS)
I love KOTH, but it did last around 12 seasons. I'd say it had a pretty good run.