PDA

View Full Version : Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Omega Zero
October 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
All right, but you'll have to wait a while longer, although I am expecting to hit my internal release date.

Thanks for the support!
No, this will not have the 4th gen physical/special split. It's not necessary (or even wanted) for a hack that's trying to remake Crystal.

Also, I'm not sure if the released version has this or not, but have I shown you guys the ability to name your rival?

Damn, that's a bummer.

Oh well at least my alakazam will be pwnage with the elemental punches xD
and uhh i don't think you have shown us the ability to name our rival

Zeikku™
October 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM
This is coming along well, and it's great to see another remake here. I do have something to ask though :3 - Seeing as this is an Emerald hack, will the acro/ mach bike be included? You could incorporate some great cave/ route mechanics with those bikes - Especially if you have any secret areas (if you have any). Anyway, keep up the great work :).

P.S. I forgot to ask this on MSN (and MSN doesn't work that well anymore) - But what did you need done? I remember you asked for something - But I seriously cannot remember :(

caddo
October 25th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Dude, another great one. I'm incredibly excited about your next release. Am I correct in my understanding that you are planning on the character visiting the sevii islands? And if that is true, are you planning on visiting the Hoenn region too? That would be quite amazing. Anyways, this is very amazing. Can't wait.

I guess I'm your newest fan.

Lugiaz Soul
October 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Anything new? Can't wait to play again!

diegoisawesome
November 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I just started playing it, but aren't they supposed to ask you what day it is? (for bug catching contests and other time-based events) :)
In the version you're playing, it reads it right off of your PC's clock. In later versions, you have the ability to set it yourself.

Damn, that's a bummer.

Oh well at least my alakazam will be pwnage with the elemental punches xD
and uhh i don't think you have shown us the ability to name our rival
Well then, I guess I have to upload a video soon... ;)
This is coming along well, and it's great to see another remake here. I do have something to ask though :3 - Seeing as this is an Emerald hack, will the acro/ mach bike be included? You could incorporate some great cave/ route mechanics with those bikes - Especially if you have any secret areas (if you have any). Anyway, keep up the great work :).

P.S. I forgot to ask this on MSN (and MSN doesn't work that well anymore) - But what did you need done? I remember you asked for something - But I seriously cannot remember :(
The Acro Bike might be included in the Sevii Islands (I can think of at least one place I could use it in). ANd as for what I asked? I really have no idea. :S
Dude, another great one. I'm incredibly excited about your next release. Am I correct in my understanding that you are planning on the character visiting the sevii islands? And if that is true, are you planning on visiting the Hoenn region too? That would be quite amazing. Anyways, this is very amazing. Can't wait.

I guess I'm your newest fan.
Thanks! Yes, the player will visit the Sevii Islands three years after FireRed.
Anything new? Can't wait to play again!
Nothing really that new for now, sorry.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that some a-hole stole my flash drive the Thursday before last, and while I did manage to get it back, he deleted everything, including CrystalDust, which I only had a two-week old backup of. Since then, I've managed to get back to where I was when it was stolen, but I just wanted to let you guys know about this incident that might push back Beta 2.

Superjub
November 5th, 2011, 04:10 PM
In the version you're playing, it reads it right off of your PC's clock. In later versions, you have the ability to set it yourself.

Well then, I guess I have to upload a video soon... ;)

The Acro Bike might be included in the Sevii Islands (I can think of at least one place I could use it in). ANd as for what I asked? I really have no idea. :S

Thanks! Yes, the player will visit the Sevii Islands three years after FireRed.

Nothing really that new for now, sorry.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that some a-hole stole my flash drive the Thursday before last, and while I did manage to get it back, he deleted everything, including CrystalDust, which I only had a two-week old backup of. Since then, I've managed to get back to where I was when it was stolen, but I just wanted to let you guys know about this incident that might push back Beta 2.

Ouch. :( That sucks, but it's good you had a backup, and that you've got back to where you were. It's a shame, but I'll be patient, and I'll definitely play Beta 2 when it comes out. :) Good luck. :D
EDIT: Massive typos. I'm so stupid, sometimes. XD

DreamOrDestruction
November 30th, 2011, 03:44 PM
This hack looks very nice can't wait for next release.

LatiosBoy77
December 1st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Did you insert Lance's Battle Theme?

Can't wait to hear it!

VempireblacK
December 23rd, 2011, 03:56 AM
Keep undate fastly because I want to play it.....I want you to make this game
like Gold Sun/Shinygold and Liquid Crystal

Eru_Paul
December 24th, 2011, 09:08 AM
At least somebody who made a real remake of the 2nd gen. games! I really like the graphics, the gameplay. Keep going with the game, you're doing excellent! :D

patrick_20052005
December 30th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Just reposting this to say how great and pretty close the game is and i like most of the sprites too. :) The game closely resembles crystal, much like fire red closely resembles red. I will be awaiting future betas and releases. Just a suggestion, is it possible to include the apricorn balls? although i think it would be difficult to be transferred across games through trade, maybe replicas?

LatiosBoy77
December 30th, 2011, 01:56 PM
would you include radio for the pokegear?

MrAPT1
January 8th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I have to say that I can't wait for beta 2, however there are some small things that I would like to nitpick about.

In Cherrygrove city, rather than just the beach area being sandy, the whole dirt road leaves sand tracks, even the part leading into route 29.

The little grass tile decorations (The two little pieces of grass that stick up that are on some tiles) like the ones from Shiny Gold are cool, but they really feel out of place, and I think if you really want to achieve that FRLG style you should just remove them completely from the grass tiles, since FRLG didn't have them.

The ruins of alph chambers are lacking the Tanobi Ruin entrance decorations, and are instead just normal caves.
http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/6375/ruinsofalph2us.png
Perhaps you can try making them look something like this? I found the image from google and I like the way it looks.

Route 34's daycare center uses a Saffron City house rather than the original daycare house in FRLG.
http://media.strategywiki.org/images/8/82/Pokemon_FRLG_Route05.png
Here's a picture of it.

Goldenrod's PCC uses a regular Pokemon Center rather than the Trade Center Building from One Island.
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/maps/kanto-frlg/57.png

Which leads me to my next point. Goldenrod looks extremely messy in terms of tilesets. Everything looks really mashed together, not to mention it uses Saffron city's tiles and palettes. Something like this would be ideal, IMO. It's big, so I just linked to it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/DARKLINK107/pokemon/goldenrodrodcity.png

I don't know what your philosophy on using maps from Pallidium are (It went open source after it went down after HGSS was announced anyways if I recall correctly, so if you want to use some of the maps it should be fine) but I think the hack would really benefit from using some of them. Lots of them look pretty official, and blend with the FRLG tile sets pretty well.

A few things regarding player backsprites. I have never really been a fan of that particular Gold backsprite, because it looks pretty static when he throws the pokeball out, and the Lance one just looks off to me and a bit static as well, so I went and found some Gold and Lance sprites and Tweaked them just a bit.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad127/MrAPT1/GoldLance.png

In the tall grass of National park, whenever you get into a battle, the background colors for the battle screen look kind of weird. You might want to tinker with the palettes a bit so that it matches up with the normal grass wild battles.

One last thing, I remember you saying that you weren't going to use Arugurete's music because you weren't able to get a response from him. As of late I've seen a few Pokemon hacks use his team rocket battle theme and wild Johto battle theme (Liquid Crystal used the wild battle theme) and from what I can tell, he doesn't seem to mind or care, so I don't think it would hurt to take a few battle and or route themes from GoldenSun if you need to.

Personal nitpicks aside, I think you're doing a fantastic job, and I hope that you can keep up the good work.

diegoisawesome
January 8th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Ouch. :( That sucks, but it's good you had a backup, and that you've got back to where you were. It's a shame, but I'll be patient, and I'll definitely play Beta 2 when it comes out. :) Good luck. :D
EDIT: Massive typos. I'm so stupid, sometimes. XD
Thanks for the support!
This hack looks very nice can't wait for next release.
Thanks!
Did you insert Lance's Battle Theme?

Can't wait to hear it!
Hehe, a sneaky way to try to get around the "no asking for release dates" rule? ;)
Keep undate fastly because I want to play it.....I want you to make this game
like Gold Sun/Shinygold and Liquid Crystal
Okay, I guess...
At least somebody who made a real remake of the 2nd gen. games! I really like the graphics, the gameplay. Keep going with the game, you're doing excellent! :D
Thanks for the support!
Just reposting this to say how great and pretty close the game is and i like most of the sprites too. :) The game closely resembles crystal, much like fire red closely resembles red. I will be awaiting future betas and releases. Just a suggestion, is it possible to include the apricorn balls? although i think it would be difficult to be transferred across games through trade, maybe replicas?
I may include Apricorn Balls if the code to make custom Poké Balls at the moment isn't so buggy.
would you include radio for the pokegear?
I'm planning on it, but don't expect anything in that regard in Beta 2.

Huge post block below, comments in bold as usual:
I have to say that I can't wait for beta 2, however there are some small things that I would like to nitpick about.

In Cherrygrove city, rather than just the beach area being sandy, the whole dirt road leaves sand tracks, even the part leading into route 29.
That's due to the fact that I felt like an abrupt stop to the footprints would seem strange, and it all flows together better with the sandy prints anyways.

The little grass tile decorations (The two little pieces of grass that stick up that are on some tiles) like the ones from Shiny Gold are cool, but they really feel out of place, and I think if you really want to achieve that FRLG style you should just remove them completely from the grass tiles, since FRLG didn't have them.
I AM trying for an FR/LG style, but I felt that the maps were a bit empty and plain without the addition of a bit more diversity. Just because FR/LG didn't have them doesn't mean I can't. ;)

The ruins of alph chambers are lacking the Tanobi Ruin entrance decorations, and are instead just normal caves.
http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/6375/ruinsofalph2us.png
Perhaps you can try making them look something like this? I found the image from google and I like the way it looks.
Don't worry, that's changed for Beta 2.

Route 34's daycare center uses a Saffron City house rather than the original daycare house in FRLG.
http://media.strategywiki.org/images/8/82/Pokemon_FRLG_Route05.png
Here's a picture of it.
Well, it's not like the same people from that daycare are going to migrate to the outskirts of Goldenrod and rebuild their exact same house there, right? For that matter, the daycare on Four Island looked like the houses on Four Island and not that.

Goldenrod's PCC uses a regular Pokemon Center rather than the Trade Center Building from One Island.
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/maps/kanto-frlg/57.png
As I said above, they're not one and the same, so why would they look the same? Besides, the Pokécom Center is actually a stretched version of the Pokémon Center and says PCC. They're not identical.

Which leads me to my next point. Goldenrod looks extremely messy in terms of tilesets. Everything looks really mashed together, not to mention it uses Saffron city's tiles and palettes. Something like this would be ideal, IMO. It's big, so I just linked to it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/DARKLINK107/pokemon/goldenrodrodcity.png
I remember that map. It was the one for Crystal Shards, I think. Either that, or for Palladium and Crystal Shards used it (like pretty much everything else). In any case, the image you linked me looks more like a mash-up of tilesets than mine. The only thing different in terms of tiles (from Saffron) is the satellite dish on top of the Radio Tower. And if you mean mashed together in terms of map size, that's because that's how the original was, too.

I don't know what your philosophy on using maps from Pallidium are (It went open source after it went down after HGSS was announced anyways if I recall correctly, so if you want to use some of the maps it should be fine) but I think the hack would really benefit from using some of them. Lots of them look pretty official, and blend with the FRLG tile sets pretty well.
Ever since Palladium's site went into permanent maintenance mode, I haven't been able to find many of its resources, including maps. I'd be interested in seeing them, mainly for the tilesets because their mapping style differs from mine.

A few things regarding player backsprites. I have never really been a fan of that particular Gold backsprite, because it looks pretty static when he throws the pokeball out, and the Lance one just looks off to me and a bit static as well, so I went and found some Gold and Lance sprites and Tweaked them just a bit.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad127/MrAPT1/GoldLance.png
I actually like those backsprites. Where did you find them? I might use them.

In the tall grass of National park, whenever you get into a battle, the background colors for the battle screen look kind of weird. You might want to tinker with the palettes a bit so that it matches up with the normal grass wild battles.
They look weird because you're supposed to be inside grass, and it's darker. Anyways, that's how it was in Emerald, and I just did the same with FR/LG's colors, just darkened.

One last thing, I remember you saying that you weren't going to use Arugurete's music because you weren't able to get a response from him. As of late I've seen a few Pokemon hacks use his team rocket battle theme and wild Johto battle theme (Liquid Crystal used the wild battle theme) and from what I can tell, he doesn't seem to mind or care, so I don't think it would hurt to take a few battle and or route themes from GoldenSun if you need to.
I've already done so. And I have gotten a few responses sometimes, but (s)he doesn't seem to be active on YouTube that much, and so I can't contact them easily.

Personal nitpicks aside, I think you're doing a fantastic job, and I hope that you can keep up the good work.
Thanks!
All right, status update... Hmm, I don't know if I could write something useful here that won't give anything away. Eh, what the heck! Riddle time!

Four roads intersect at one place. Although you can see all of them, two are blocked and you must continue onwards. Later, you enter through one of the previously-blocked ones and exit the other.

Quickster
January 8th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the support!

Thanks!

Hehe, a sneaky way to try to get around the "no asking for release dates" rule? ;)

Okay, I guess...

Thanks for the support!

I may include Apricorn Balls if the code to make custom Poké Balls at the moment isn't so buggy.

I'm planning on it, but don't expect anything in that regard in Beta 2.

Huge post block below, comments in bold as usual:

All right, status update... Hmm, I don't know if I could write something useful here that won't give anything away. Eh, what the heck! Riddle time!

Four roads intersect at one place. Although you can see all of them, two are blocked and you must continue onwards. Later, you enter through one of the previously-blocked ones and exit the other.

Woah, thats pretty far! Sounds pretty good to me. Will that be the end of the beta? (Well after the roads..)

diegoisawesome
January 8th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Woah, thats pretty far! Sounds pretty good to me. Will that be the end of the beta? (Well after the roads..)
I think so. It's a pretty good place to stop for a while.

MrAPT1
January 9th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I actually like those backsprites. Where did you find them? I might use them.

if I recall correctly, they were some old sprites for Palladium that I had saved on my hard drive before the site went down. I basically just edited out Gold's goggles and completely redid Lance's head by using the HGSS sprite's head and touching it up a bit.

EDIT:

If you do decide to use them, use these updated ones. I fixed a few errors with Gold's hat and shaded Lance's neck a bit more.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad127/MrAPT1/GoldLanceUpdate.png

TheChaosBlue
January 9th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Whoa...time has been your friend, hasn't it diegoisawesome? XD

Can't wait to see the progress made, and will enjoy this new and upcoming beta!

MrAPT1
January 15th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Hey Diego, since you're using Emerald, have you considered inserting the FRLG Pokemon sprites and making animations for them?

http://spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=13645
I found this and from what I can tell it has all Kanto pokemon with FRLG style animations.

Sayan
January 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I just downloaded and played this hack and I really like it a lot. Crystal is my favorite game and is really close to my heart. I've been playing Liquid Crystal for the past few weeks, this definitely gives LC a run for it's money.

I especially like the world map, the animated sprites and the fact that it's based on Emerald (so I should be able to use stuff like Synchronise to get wild Pokemon of a certain nature and the EV reducing berries).

Just wanted to say one thing. In the very short time I've been playing, I've noticed that you have the Map Card in the Pokegear from the start, yet the man in Cherrygrove acts like he gives it to you after his dialogue. Please fix that.

Eru_Paul
January 26th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I found a situation with the PokéGear, the numbrers don't appear. I talked with all the trainers who own a "phone", but the numbers don't record.

Keep going! I really love your hack! I'll be waiting for the Beta 2. :)

hoheohi
January 26th, 2012, 06:33 AM
haizzzz why all new hack always dead?

Eru_Paul
January 26th, 2012, 06:49 AM

Crystal Dust isn't dead, can't you be patient? It isn't easy to make a Hack rom.

diegoisawesome
January 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
if I recall correctly, they were some old sprites for Palladium that I had saved on my hard drive before the site went down. I basically just edited out Gold's goggles and completely redid Lance's head by using the HGSS sprite's head and touching it up a bit.

EDIT:

If you do decide to use them, use these updated ones. I fixed a few errors with Gold's hat and shaded Lance's neck a bit more.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad127/MrAPT1/GoldLanceUpdate.png
All right, looks like I've got some inserting/crediting to do. ;)
Whoa...time has been your friend, hasn't it diegoisawesome? XD

Can't wait to see the progress made, and will enjoy this new and upcoming beta!
All right, thanks!
Hey Diego, since you're using Emerald, have you considered inserting the FRLG Pokemon sprites and making animations for them?

http://spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=13645
I found this and from what I can tell it has all Kanto pokemon with FRLG style animations.
I don't know if I would ever want to take the time and effort to insert all the FRLG Pokémon sprites. :/
I just downloaded and played this hack and I really like it a lot. Crystal is my favorite game and is really close to my heart. I've been playing Liquid Crystal for the past few weeks, this definitely gives LC a run for it's money.

I especially like the world map, the animated sprites and the fact that it's based on Emerald (so I should be able to use stuff like Synchronise to get wild Pokemon of a certain nature and the EV reducing berries).

Just wanted to say one thing. In the very short time I've been playing, I've noticed that you have the Map Card in the Pokegear from the start, yet the man in Cherrygrove acts like he gives it to you after his dialogue. Please fix that.
Thanks for the input. Just to let you know, the world map has changed and is now separated into Kanto and Johto maps.
I found a situation with the PokéGear, the numbrers don't appear. I talked with all the trainers who own a "phone", but the numbers don't record.

Keep going! I really love your hack! I'll be waiting for the Beta 2. :)
Yeah, that's due to me not having as much of an understanding of the Pokénav's Match Call feature as I'd like. I'll do some more research into it and see what I can do.

Crystal Dust isn't dead, can't you be patient? It isn't easy to make a Hack rom.
This is true, CrystalDust is very much alive and well. :D

hoheohi
January 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
This is true, CrystalDust is very much alive and well.
=p~ really? i can't wait

Sayan
January 29th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Keep up the good work Diegoisawesome! Really looking forward to future releases.

Btw, can you catch different Pokemon on the same spot at different times of the day?

Lugiaz Soul
February 4th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Long time no see! Still supporting this baby! Can't wait to play this on my 3ds!

Satoshi Ookami
February 5th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Long time no see! Still supporting this baby! Can't wait to play this on my 3ds!
Don't you think actual console might not support it or it might get buggy?

Eru_Paul
February 9th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I found two things, I hope this will be useful. ^^

* When you use the move CUT, the sprite turns to "Sapphire" (the female trainer from RSE). And when you fish, the overworld turns with strange colors.

* The Psychic overworld isn't the correct, or it is in purpose that you used the Cooltrainer overworld instead?

diegoisawesome
February 9th, 2012, 04:28 PM
=p~ really? i can't wait
All right then!
Keep up the good work Diegoisawesome! Really looking forward to future releases.

Btw, can you catch different Pokemon on the same spot at different times of the day?
Not at the moment, even though I know how to implement it. At this point, it would take a lot of work to get all the areas with all the Pokémon, and plus, AdvanceMap would no longer be able to read my wild Pokémon.
All right then, cool!
I found two things, I hope this will be useful. ^^

* When you use the move CUT, the sprite turns to "Sapphire" (the female trainer from RSE). And when you fish, the overworld turns with strange colors.

* The Psychic overworld isn't the correct, or it is in purpose that you used the Cooltrainer overworld instead?
The first one is due to my not having inserted all the necessary overworld sprites back then, and that's done now. The second one is wrong, because according to FireRed, that IS the right sprite for psychics.

Eru_Paul
February 10th, 2012, 09:08 AM
The first one is due to my not having inserted all the necessary overworld sprites back then, and that's done now. The second one is wrong, because according to FireRed, that IS the right sprite for psychics.

I'm sorry, I was confused because in the Seven Island the Psychic looked different. ^^'

Lugiaz Soul
February 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
[S-HIGHLIGHT][/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Don't you think actual console might not support it or it might get buggy?
Not with the DSCARDTWO.

MrAPT1
February 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Not at the moment, even though I know how to implement it. At this point, it would take a lot of work to get all the areas with all the Pokémon, and plus, AdvanceMap would no longer be able to read my wild Pokémon.
So does this mean you're going to add the night exclusives into the encounters for each route and make their appearances really rare until you get to the final release where you can insert this feature, or are you perhaps going to wait until the very end to implement the night time exclusives in any way at all?

diegoisawesome
February 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I'm sorry, I was confused because in the Seven Island the Psychic looked different. ^^'
It's fine, I was confused by their sprites too.
So does this mean you're going to add the night exclusives into the encounters for each route and make their appearances really rare until you get to the final release where you can insert this feature, or are you perhaps going to wait until the very end to implement the night time exclusives in any way at all?
It all depends on when AdvanceMap can support the wild Pokémon changes and not throw tons of errors when maps are loaded due to "corrupted" wild Pokémon data.

Eru_Paul
February 18th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I found another issue. Furret cannot learn the TM (why didn't you leave as a HM BTW?) "ROCK SMASH" (and normaly, Furret is able to learn it).

The National Park contest doesn't appear. The Guard always says "We hold Contests regularly in the Park. You should give it a shot". Or the day system isn't in this beta?

Sometimes, when I save through the game (not the emulator) and open the game, my save file is erased and this message appears "the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage". And that scares me... what if after the league my save is erased? :'C

Keep going! You have my support! ^^

P.S: I wonder if I can use my save in the next beta.

The Brahma Bull
February 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
hi! diego just a small suggestion, wouldnt it be great if you rename bag into PACK in menu like in original Pkmn Crystal... i always thought it was cool & different from all other pkmn game... BTW ur hack is awesome & im looking forward for beta 2 release...
Have u thought of apricorn balls... its really an unique feature of crystal... What about ruins of alph puzzle... hav u figured out how to implement it successfully without any glitch... you know its really a fun part of the game... i hope u will find a way to fix it... Anyway Best of Luck on ur great hack diego...

Jay the penguin
March 2nd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Looks good ! Can't wait to start playing it:D

The Brahma Bull
March 13th, 2012, 03:22 AM
hi! diego, hav u thought of the decorating the room feature for ur pkm crystaldust as it waz in the original pkm crystal vanilla & its also in emerald but in advance form... u can make big wailmer doll into snorlax doll & so on... i think that would be great if will be actually able to decorate ur room...
i think its a pretty good choice to make emerald as a base for crystal remake cuz i think they both hav somehow pretty much similar features like phone call, decorating room, animated pkm sprites & so on... u hav been able to implement day night system which is awesome...
Any way all the best in ur great hack... All that this hack needs is continuity, dedication, polishing, finishing & complition sooner or later... i hope this hack will be complete unlike others many... i'll be putting my eyes on this hack & its latest release... Again BEST WISHES!

diegoisawesome
March 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I found another issue. Furret cannot learn the TM (why didn't you leave as a HM BTW?) "ROCK SMASH" (and normaly, Furret is able to learn it).

The National Park contest doesn't appear. The Guard always says "We hold Contests regularly in the Park. You should give it a shot". Or the day system isn't in this beta?

Sometimes, when I save through the game (not the emulator) and open the game, my save file is erased and this message appears "the save file has been erased due to corruption or damage". And that scares me... what if after the league my save is erased? :'C

Keep going! You have my support! ^^

P.S: I wonder if I can use my save in the next beta.
Nope, you can't use your save in Beta 2. Sorry, but I keep adding things to the game start script...
hi! diego just a small suggestion, wouldnt it be great if you rename bag into PACK in menu like in original Pkmn Crystal... i always thought it was cool & different from all other pkmn game... BTW ur hack is awesome & im looking forward for beta 2 release...
Have u thought of apricorn balls... its really an unique feature of crystal... What about ruins of alph puzzle... hav u figured out how to implement it successfully without any glitch... you know its really a fun part of the game... i hope u will find a way to fix it... Anyway Best of Luck on ur great hack diego...
I'm not going to rename the bag. It would actually be a lot more work than you realize. And the Apricorn Balls... well, let's just say I tried and failed to add them in.
Looks good ! Can't wait to start playing it:D
Great! Make sure that you download the updated version though... ;)
hi! diego, hav u thought of the decorating the room feature for ur pkm crystaldust as it waz in the original pkm crystal vanilla & its also in emerald but in advance form... u can make big wailmer doll into snorlax doll & so on... i think that would be great if will be actually able to decorate ur room...
i think its a pretty good choice to make emerald as a base for crystal remake cuz i think they both hav somehow pretty much similar features like phone call, decorating room, animated pkm sprites & so on... u hav been able to implement day night system which is awesome...
Any way all the best in ur great hack... All that this hack needs is continuity, dedication, polishing, finishing & complition sooner or later... i hope this hack will be complete unlike others many... i'll be putting my eyes on this hack & its latest release... Again BEST WISHES!
I could probably make decorations available in my game, but not for Beta 2. Which brings me to...

POKéMON CRYSTALDUST BETA 2 IS RELEASED!!!!!

Yes, that's right, the release nobody expected! (well, maybe a few people) You can download the shiny new copy in the first post, and as always, report any and all bugs you find to me ASAP!

Thanks and have fun! :D

Darthatron
March 13th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Looking really good, diegoisawesome! When I get some free time around work/school I will play it. :)

The Brahma Bull
March 13th, 2012, 11:35 PM
WoW! never expected the release of beta 2 this month... I loved the screenshots & im downloading the latest patch... can't wait 2 start playing it... This hack looks professiona as if GAME FREAK had released it... THANX! =]

its a great hack... ive played it & reached to the cianwood city... but the interior of cianwood pharmacy looks like a normal house of a person... shouldnt it be like a small mart with pack of medicines in shelves...
it would be awesome if u give a new tower or building for olvine light house cuz bcuz current tall building doesnt seem like a light house though it was like that in gbc crystal... & too sad that ruin of alph puzzle is gone...
im impressed with the johto dex... wow! havnt seen much from other hacks... & pokegear is cool...
This hack is like a rebirth of crystal vanilla in GBA... its a perfect remake which is almost accurate to the original... i enjoy playing it...

Eru_Paul
March 14th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Awwww, I caught so much pokémon, but it doesn't matter.

YAAY! New beta! :D :D :D

Gawerty
March 15th, 2012, 01:02 PM
nice job diego i like your remake :) keep up the good work man!

PsychoToxin
March 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Oh, I hope this doesn't die like ShinyGold did. This and Liquid Crystal are my favorite hacks.

MrAPT1
March 15th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I've tried out the new demo, and I have to say that I am very very impressed. It blows shiny gold, crystal shards and liquid crystal out of the water. By far the best GSC remake out there, and it isn't even finished yet. Please diego, keep up the amazing work.

Also, will the ruin puzzles be implemented in a future beta?

Liquid crystal fan
March 15th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Hey this hack looks GREAT man! I have a few questions.
1.Is this hack flash cart compatible?
2. Will there be Apricorns?
3. Will Celebi be obtainable?
This hack looks great keep up the good work and dont give up! :D

The Brahma Bull
March 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
hey! diego, once again great hack... but i've found some issue...
1. i've defeated clair & completed the dragon den, received the badge... Prof. Elm called said he had something special to give... but went back to prof.elm & talked to him, he said his normal lines & acted as if he didnt even call... shouldnt he give you a masterball or something like that... or am i wrong here?
2. there's a little glitch with the day in the pokegear... i.e. instead of showing which day it is, it shows a different something 'ü' like symbol... is it only in my case or someone else has a same glitch?
thats it...
BTW this hack really gives you a nostalgic feeling & loved the day night system especially how the colour pallete changes even in battle... i see you've made johto dex as well & even the respective areas for the pokemons in the pokedex... are you the first person to do this? its simply awesome & cool...
Anyways, keep up the good work... we are all here to cheer you up all the time. i hope i dont bore you with a long posts all the time.
Best Regards!

diegoisawesome
March 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Looking really good, diegoisawesome! When I get some free time around work/school I will play it. :)
All right, thanks!
WoW! never expected the release of beta 2 this month... I loved the screenshots & im downloading the latest patch... can't wait 2 start playing it... This hack looks professiona as if GAME FREAK had released it... THANX! =]

its a great hack... ive played it & reached to the cianwood city... but the interior of cianwood pharmacy looks like a normal house of a person... shouldnt it be like a small mart with pack of medicines in shelves...
it would be awesome if u give a new tower or building for olvine light house cuz bcuz current tall building doesnt seem like a light house though it was like that in gbc crystal... & too sad that ruin of alph puzzle is gone...
im impressed with the johto dex... wow! havnt seen much from other hacks... & pokegear is cool...
This hack is like a rebirth of crystal vanilla in GBA... its a perfect remake which is almost accurate to the original... i enjoy playing it...
Thanks for your comments! The reason for the Pharmacy looking like that is because he was in a regular house in Crystal and so i thought he was operating out of his house or something. And I don't have any special tiles for the lighthouse so I decided to make it like that.
Awwww, I caught so much pokémon, but it doesn't matter.

YAAY! New beta! :D :D :D
Thanks!
nice job diego i like your remake :) keep up the good work man!
Thanks!
Oh, I hope this doesn't die like ShinyGold did. This and Liquid Crystal are my favorite hacks.
A new beta was just released and you're already talking about its death? :P
I've tried out the new demo, and I have to say that I am very very impressed. It blows shiny gold, crystal shards and liquid crystal out of the water. By far the best GSC remake out there, and it isn't even finished yet. Please diego, keep up the amazing work.

Also, will the ruin puzzles be implemented in a future beta?
Thanks a lot! The ruin puzzles may or may not be implemented in the future, depending on if I can find a way to port it over to Emerald correctly...
Hey this hack looks GREAT man! I have a few questions.
1.Is this hack flash cart compatible?
2. Will there be Apricorns?
3. Will Celebi be obtainable?
This hack looks great keep up the good work and dont give up! :D
1. I don't think so, but I haven't tested it.
2. There already are. ;)
3. In the future, yes, but not yet.
Thanks!
hey! diego, once again great hack... but i've found some issue...
1. i've defeated clair & completed the dragon den, received the badge... Prof. Elm called said he had something special to give... but went back to prof.elm & talked to him, he said his normal lines & acted as if he didnt even call... shouldnt he give you a masterball or something like that... or am i wrong here?
2. there's a little glitch with the day in the pokegear... i.e. instead of showing which day it is, it shows a different something 'ü' like symbol... is it only in my case or someone else has a same glitch?
thats it...
BTW this hack really gives you a nostalgic feeling & loved the day night system especially how the colour pallete changes even in battle... i see you've made johto dex as well & even the respective areas for the pokemons in the pokedex... are you the first person to do this? its simply awesome & cool...
Anyways, keep up the good work... we are all here to cheer you up all the time. i hope i dont bore you with a long posts all the time.
Best Regards!
Issue 1: Whoops, it was a scripting mistake on my part. I fixed it already, you can get the new beta patch now from the same link.
Issue 2: Hm, I don't know what's causing that, although I have had someone else report it... Can you tell me the emulator you're using and hopefully send me a save file so I can test it?
Thanks for the comments, too! I worked hard to get it looking really nice and accurate to Crystal.

miksy91
March 16th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'll probably test this hack later but I'd like to know something though:

1) Did you make it so that Entei and Raikou can be randomly encountered as wild pokemon after the event in done ?
2) Does mom save your money ?

I can't think of anything other special about crystal to ask but just wanted to know :D

The game looks impressive by the way.

jj_olli
March 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hi Diego, just wanted to say that the Hack is awesome, I only have 2 things to report.
1) I can only register the Phone number of the first trainer, mom and elm.
2) I think the Odd Egg is not randomized. In Crystal it had a 50% Chance of being a shiny, could be Any Baby Pokemon (I want my Pichu :D ). Furthermore they always knew Dizzy Punch.
And again, AWESOME Hack.

PsychoToxin
March 16th, 2012, 01:01 PM
A new beta was just released and you're already talking about its death? :P

I meant in the future. Also, I really do love the sprites you use. Additionally, out of curiosity, how do you plan on implementing the radio?

Maxim
March 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Bugs I've noticed so far:
-Trainer phone numbers don't register. I've asked several Trainers for the number and only Joey's number got registered.
-Abe, a Trainer in Violet Gym has a Hiker Trainer Class (instead of Bird Keeper)

Albert Clare
March 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I downloaded the first Beta some Time ago and enjoyed it quite a lot; I like the Idea of a largely-faithful Remake quite well, I admit.

I think this may also be my first Post, though I've been lurking long enough.

Edit: When I open the Pokégear, above the Time of Day, is simply written "û".

diegoisawesome
March 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I'll probably test this hack later but I'd like to know something though:

1) Did you make it so that Entei and Raikou can be randomly encountered as wild pokemon after the event in done ?
2) Does mom save your money ?

I can't think of anything other special about crystal to ask but just wanted to know :D

The game looks impressive by the way.
1 and 2: Not yet, but they're both things I'll try to implement in the future. :D
Thanks for the comments!
Hi Diego, just wanted to say that the Hack is awesome, I only have 2 things to report.
1) I can only register the Phone number of the first trainer, mom and elm.
2) I think the Odd Egg is not randomized. In Crystal it had a 50% Chance of being a shiny, could be Any Baby Pokemon (I want my Pichu :D ). Furthermore they always knew Dizzy Punch.
And again, AWESOME Hack.
1. I don't understand the trainer registering function yet, so the only people correctly registered are Elm and Mom. Joey just has the text of a hiker. :/
2. The species of the Odd Egg IS randomized, but the other two things aren't in yet. I tried making it 50% shiny, but it didn't work out...
Thanks for the compliment!
I meant in the future. Also, I really do love the sprites you use. Additionally, out of curiosity, how do you plan on implementing the radio?
Thanks! I'm planning to modify the radio Sebbe's making for LC for usage in Emerald. But that comes after Sebbe finishes it... :P
Bugs I've noticed so far:
-Trainer phone numbers don't register. I've asked several Trainers for the number and only Joey's number got registered.
-Abe, a Trainer in Violet Gym has a Hiker Trainer Class (instead of Bird Keeper)
1. See response 1 for jj_olli.
2. My bad, that was left there after I did some testing with the Hiker trainer class (it was glitched due to a bad trainer music hack). It's fixed and uploaded.
Thanks for the bug report!
I downloaded the first Beta some Time ago and enjoyed it quite a lot; I like the Idea of a largely-faithful Remake quite well, I admit.

I think this may also be my first Post, though I've been lurking long enough.

Edit: When I open the Pokégear, above the Time of Day, is simply written "û".
Can you tell me the emulator you're using and give me a save file I can use to replicate this bug? Seems a few people are having this problem, but I don't know what causes it... Thanks in advance!

There seems to be a small bug with the D/N system where the system glitches out if an arrow (like the one that leads into a gatehouse) is created after a water battle. I'm currently trying to fix this...

Lugiaz Soul
March 18th, 2012, 09:21 PM
50% shiny is not as good as 1%. Anyways, thanks for this awesome game. I'm going to play this on my phone now.

The Brahma Bull
March 19th, 2012, 01:17 AM
I find the intro of the game really interesting... almost all the sprites of pokemon are changed except the groundon & kyogre... it must be difficult or impossible to change them, i can understand that...
1.BTW Suicune surrounded by bunch of unknown,thats awesome...
2.But the best part of the intro is... guess what? you find espeon at day & umbreon at night in intro... now thats totally cool... didnt realize it at first...
3.just wondering, is that togepi flying at the beginning of the intro(i mean the one which is replaced for black shadowy image of latios)
Again, im lovin' it... just keep up the good work...

Albert Clare
March 19th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Can you tell me the emulator you're using and give me a save file I can use to replicate this bug? Seems a few people are having this problem, but I don't know what causes it... Thanks in advance!

The Emulator is the Visual Boy Advance Version 1.8, I believe. Time also doesn't seem to pass, though I wonder if this isn't because I tend to use Savestates — I didn't notice this until I wanted to catch an Oddish and found that it was still 10:06 a.m., which is when I started the Game (even though it was late the next Day when I went to catch one).

I'll send a link to the Emulator, Patched Rom, and Save via PM (apparently, I can't post a Link).

fawaz100
March 19th, 2012, 11:01 AM
where do i find Chinchou in the game? also Heracross?

Superjub
March 19th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I've been playing it (up until quite late last night actually, despite having school the next day.) :D Anyway. somethings I'd like to say...
* I love how you really tried to make it like a Crystal revamp, focusing more on the features of Crystal rather than adding your own stuff. I either like my remakes to be vanilla or branch off extremely, with their own storylines etc. I prefer not to have a mis-matched revamp, if that makes any sense.
* The attention to detail; I like how you made the Kimono girls' dresses match their Pokemon. :) Also, the same applies to making Rock Smash a TM again.

Some issues.
* You don't get Quick Claw from the lady with the Persian or at least I didn't. She just goes through the dialogue as if she's already given it to you.
* I'd of liked the day/night Pokemon to be available at, well, day and night. But I think you've already commented on this somehwere, so no biggie.

As I said, I'm really enjoying it right now (I'm actually playing it at this moment.) Thanks so much for making such a amazing hack. :D

Lugiaz Soul
March 19th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Got the first gym badge! Woohoo! So far so good! The only thing i notices was the û above the time. I don't know if thats because I'm playing this on Gameboid on my phone.
Oh, and Prof. Elm's Pokeball just says the same text. Doesn't say that its his last one.
Is that a glitch?

Liquid crystal fan
March 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM
This is compatible with Flash cart! Don't make it not compatible somehow lol. I did notice a glitch I saved in Mr Pokemons house and turned the game off then when I turned it on later it re-did the whole meet Professor Oak thing. I've had to restart a few times because the save file corrupted somehow. Oh and when I went back to New Bark this girl was all you can't leave without a pokemon even thought already had lol. But this looks great!:)

I found 2 errors 1. When your Rival uses the escape role it says Silver used an escape rope even if he has a different name. 2. The first trainer in the gym in Violet city has the name Hiker instead of Bird Keeper.
I'm going to report bugs and stuff like that as I play this is that ok with you?

diegoisawesome
March 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM
50% shiny is not as good as 1%. Anyways, thanks for this awesome game. I'm going to play this on my phone now.
Well, 50% shiny is actually the correct chance for the Odd Egg to be shiny, at least in the Japanese version. Also, as an update, I made it so the Odd Egg's Pokémon has the move Dizzy Punch (and apparently, shiny Odd Eggs were never broken in the first place!). :D
I find the intro of the game really interesting... almost all the sprites of pokemon are changed except the groundon & kyogre... it must be difficult or impossible to change them, i can understand that...
1.BTW Suicune surrounded by bunch of unknown,thats awesome...
2.But the best part of the intro is... guess what? you find espeon at day & umbreon at night in intro... now thats totally cool... didnt realize it at first...
3.just wondering, is that togepi flying at the beginning of the intro(i mean the one which is replaced for black shadowy image of latios)
Again, im lovin' it... just keep up the good work...
Thanks! All the credit for the graphics in the amazing new intro goes to blase005. Also, the changes to Groudon and Kyorgre are still WIP. The Pokémon flying in the beginning of the intro is Celebi (like Flygon in Emerald was there and also in the later part of the intro).
The Emulator is the Visual Boy Advance Version 1.8, I believe. Time also doesn't seem to pass, though I wonder if this isn't because I tend to use Savestates — I didn't notice this until I wanted to catch an Oddish and found that it was still 10:06 a.m., which is when I started the Game (even though it was late the next Day when I went to catch one).

I'll send a link to the Emulator, Patched Rom, and Save via PM (apparently, I can't post a Link).
Thanks a bunch! By sending me this, you've helped me figure out the cause of this problem (a broken day-of-week offset routine) and I've fixed and uploaded a new patch. Also, time doesn't seem to pass because you probably have the RTC unchecked in the settings (Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock).
where do i find Chinchou in the game? also Heracross?
You can look up the charts for Crystal (Day) for Chinchou, although Heracross might have been limited to only a few Mountain locations...
I've been playing it (up until quite late last night actually, despite having school the next day.) :D Anyway. somethings I'd like to say...
* I love how you really tried to make it like a Crystal revamp, focusing more on the features of Crystal rather than adding your own stuff. I either like my remakes to be vanilla or branch off extremely, with their own storylines etc. I prefer not to have a mis-matched revamp, if that makes any sense. Hey, me too. I don't like it when I'm playing a really-close Crystal remake and suddenly something new gets thrown in. LC is awesome because of all that it adds; CD is awesome because of its overall accuracy.
* The attention to detail; I like how you made the Kimono girls' dresses match their Pokemon. :) Also, the same applies to making Rock Smash a TM again. Thanks! Also, Whirlpool is an HM and actually works from the menu. :D

Some issues.
* You don't get Quick Claw from the lady with the Persian or at least I didn't. She just goes through the dialogue as if she's already given it to you. Whoops, event flag overlap... Fixed and uploaded.
* I'd of liked the day/night Pokemon to be available at, well, day and night. But I think you've already commented on this somehwere, so no biggie. Yeah, they'll be added once Advance-Map stops throwing a fit after a modification of the routines.

As I said, I'm really enjoying it right now (I'm actually playing it at this moment.) Thanks so much for making such a amazing hack. :D
Responses in bold. Thanks for the comments!
Got the first gym badge! Woohoo! So far so good! The only thing i notices was the û above the time. I don't know if thats because I'm playing this on Gameboid on my phone.
Oh, and Prof. Elm's Pokeball just says the same text. Doesn't say that its his last one.
Is that a glitch?
The first issue is the same one I fixed above. You also might not have the RTC enabled in your settings. If not, enable it (if you can even do that on Gameboid).
The second issue is actually not an issue. It says this in Crystal as well.
This is compatible with Flash cart! Don't make it not compatible somehow lol. I did notice a glitch I saved in Mr Pokemons house and turned the game off then when I turned it on later it re-did the whole meet Professor Oak thing. I've had to restart a few times because the save file corrupted somehow. Oh and when I went back to New Bark this girl was all you can't leave without a pokemon even thought already had lol. But this looks great!:)

I found 2 errors 1. When your Rival uses the escape role it says Silver used an escape rope even if he has a different name. 2. The first trainer in the gym in Violet city has the name Hiker instead of Bird Keeper.
I'm going to report bugs and stuff like that as I play this is that ok with you?
The glitches with the save file corrupting ARE the incompatibilities with the flash cart... I'm hoping JPAN can fix his variable hack like he did for FireRed...
The first of the two errors is an oversight by me from back when you couldn't name Silver... Fixed and uploaded. The second was a leftover from when I was testing out a bug with the Hiker class, also fixed and uploaded.

Thanks for all the posts and bugs you guys have been finding! All of it contributes to CrystalDust being a better game in the end!

Albert Clare
March 19th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks a bunch! By sending me this, you've helped me figure out the cause of this problem (a broken day-of-week offset routine) and I've fixed and uploaded a new patch. Also, time doesn't seem to pass because you probably have the RTC unchecked in the settings (Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock).

I'm glad I could be of Help; and thank you for the Bit about the Clock. Have you put a Sunstone anywhere, so I can evolve my Oddish once it is a Gloom? I'm very partial to Bellossom.

Edit: I've just checked the ROM — all seems to be in Order with the Clock.

diegoisawesome
March 19th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I'm glad I could be of Help; and thank you for the Bit about the Clock. Have you put a Sunstone anywhere, so I can evolve my Oddish once it is a Gloom? I'm very partial to Bellossom.

Edit: I've just checked the ROM — all seems to be in Order with the Clock.

So you have the clock on, but time still isn't passing? :/
Also, I haven't added a Sun Stone in. If you ever need to find an item location, just look it up for Crystal; I have the same locations.

Albert Clare
March 19th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I've checked it, and everything seems to be alright. The Day of the Week and Time ARE displaying properly. And I hope you don't mind if I add my own Sunstone, then...

Edit: I was mistaken — the Clock still won't progress (though I don't mind it all that much)...

diegoisawesome
March 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I've checked it, and everything seems to be alright. The Day of the Week and Time ARE displaying properly. And I hope you don't mind if I add my own Sunstone, then...

Edit: I was mistaken — the Clock still won't progress (though I don't mind it all that much)...
That's odd. Try saving it manually (Start -> Save) then enable the RTC, exit and re-enter the emulator.
Also, I don't mind if you add in a Sun Stone, as long as you don't mind any glitches that might occur (which shouldn't unless you make a whole new item that makes you have to repoint events).

Albert Clare
March 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Alright, I'll try that; and I think it ought to be fine if I just drop one in with AdvanceMap, though I won't need to evolve my Gloom until she learns Moonlight.

Trying a conventional Save merely got me a Message that the File had been erased owing to Corruption or Damage. I'm beginning to suspect it may be a Problem with the Emulator rather than the hacked ROM.

diegoisawesome
March 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Alright, I'll try that; and I think it ought to be fine if I just drop one in with AdvanceMap, though I won't need to evolve my Gloom until she learns Moonlight.

Trying a conventional Save merely got me a Message that the File had been erased owing to Corruption or Damage. I'm beginning to suspect it may be a Problem with the Emulator rather than the hacked ROM.
With the right settings, the emulator you sent me works fine. Can you send me over a copy of your vba.ini? (you didn't include one in your previous rar)

Albert Clare
March 19th, 2012, 06:32 PM
This is probably not the best of Answers, but I don't know what an INI is.

diegoisawesome
March 19th, 2012, 06:38 PM
This is probably not the best of Answers, but I don't know what an INI is.
Oh, then just send me the entire folder that your VBA is in.

Albert Clare
March 19th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Alright, I've sent you something I think is the INI — there wasn't any such Thing in the RAR which originally contained it — and I can send the entire Folder if that isn't it; I really do appreciate the Assistance.

The Brahma Bull
March 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM
hey! diego downloaded a latest patch & you've fixed the day bug in poke'gear & Prof. Elm script for masterball as well... no more 'u' symbol... that was really quick update... sorry i was late... i see albert clare & you have found out the problem... thank to you albert as well... but i dont have the problem of time not passing as albert is having... it is working fine with my emulator i.e. VBA version 1.7.2.560... i think this version is compatible with most of the hacks i play except for LC which requires 1.8, i guess...

Alright, I've sent you something I think is the INI — there wasn't any such Thing in the RAR which originally contained it — and I can send the entire Folder if that isn't it; I really do appreciate the Assistance.

Albert, i think you should try using VBA 1.7.2.560... if it works fine then it should be a problem with VBA 1.8...

diegoisawesome
March 20th, 2012, 04:13 AM
hey! diego downloaded a latest patch & you've fixed the day bug in poke'gear & Prof. Elm script for masterball as well... no more 'u' symbol... that was really quick update... sorry i was late... i see albert clare & you have found out the problem... thank to you albert as well... but i dont have the problem of time not passing as albert is having... it is working fine with my emulator i.e. VBA version 1.7.2.560... i think this version is compatible with most of the hacks i play except for LC which requires 1.8, i guess...

Albert, i think you should try using VBA 1.7.2.560... if it works fine then it should be a problem with VBA 1.8...
We already fixed it yesterday, but thanks for suggesting a fix anyways.

Silent Storm
March 20th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Wow, I am very impressed with the way this hack has turned out so far, and I haven't played much of this (just beat the rival), you should be proud.

P.S. I take it seeing the battle frontier and GL rematches are out of the question? xD

Liquid crystal fan
March 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Can I make a possible feature request could you put Crystal Onix in the game?
And could you maybe put Glaceon and Leafeon in there too? Lol.

Oh and will all the starters be available?

jj_olli
March 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM

Deiego won't do that, because it will be an accurate remake, without Fakemons or fourth/fifth generation Pokemon.

York
March 20th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Just registered to say that this is looking really promising, really like faithful-to-original remakes.

Will report bugs as I find them, keep being awesome.

diegoisawesome
March 20th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Wow, I am very impressed with the way this hack has turned out so far, and I haven't played much of this (just beat the rival), you should be proud.

P.S. I take it seeing the battle frontier and GL rematches are out of the question? xD
The Battle Frontier will definitely show up in the future, as soon as someone can make graphics for it that are in FireRed style. And Gym Leader rematches aren't out of the question, but perhaps not yet.

Crystal Onix doesn't have anything to do with Crystal or even the Sevii Islands planned for the future. Neither do Glaceon and Leafeon... The starters will all probably be available in the future.

Also, a very small bug fix has been uploaded today: Electabuzz can now learn Ice Punch via TM, like in Generation II. :P

Liquid crystal fan
March 20th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Lol I know I just love Crystal Onix. I'm in Goldenrod right now I'll report bugs as I go oh I did find a typo though the second Rocket grunt in the Well doesn't have TAILS all in caps.

diegoisawesome
March 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Just registered to say that this is looking really promising, really like faithful-to-original remakes.

Will report bugs as I find them, keep being awesome.
Whoops, didn't notice your post. Thanks for the feedback!
Lol I know I just love Crystal Onix. I'm in Goldenrod right now I'll report bugs as I go oh I did find a typo though the second Rocket grunt in the Well doesn't have TAILS all in caps.
That's a remainder from when I used to do plural capitals like that. It's minor, but it's fixed and uploaded anyways.

AquaBlitz11
March 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Surely, This will be good. *download* *play!!* :)

earlynovfan
March 20th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hey, i was really excited to play this, but after I patched this and opened VBA, it just stays at a white screen. Any suggestions?

diegoisawesome
March 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Surely, This will be good. *download* *play!!* :)
I hope you enjoy it!
Hey, i was really excited to play this, but after I patched this and opened VBA, it just stays at a white screen. Any suggestions?
Set this option in your VBA settings:
Options -> Emukator -> Save Type -> Selet both Flash and Flash 128k in this menu.
Also go to the folder where your .sa1 or .sav file for CrystalDust is and delete it. VBA makes one for you on game exit, even if you didn't play.

Lugiaz Soul
March 20th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Got my second badge! Yippee! Everything is just so smooth. One thing I did notice is that a lot of the battle themes sound a little off. I think some of the static beats are to loud sometimes that they conceal the melody. The music definitely needs polishing. In retrospect, I think this game is really good so far.
EDIT: Just got the new patch and am here to confirm that the day of the week is showing up properly on Gameboid. Good job Diego!
EDIT2: Beat Whitney's fat cow with burn status. Whew! This is really a fun game now. Just chillin' in the National Park at night. Music is great there. I noticed the Day/Night bug is still present. I know you can't fix this ATM. Another thing I noticed but wasn't sure if it was a bug. I had to talk to the squirtbottle girl's sister before i got the squirtbottle. I had already beat the gym leader. Is it supposed to be like that? I know it has to do with activating the event but I don't think that was necessary. Or was it? Ha ha!
EDIT3: Kind of lonely without window lights at night. Don't you think?

The Brahma Bull
March 21st, 2012, 01:19 AM
Ok! i've some suggestions & questions...

Trivia:
1.I think,at the burnt tower,when you encounter sleeping legendary dogs,suicune moves around you clockwise(thats right) but entie is supposed to be at left & raiku at right of suicune as per pkmn crystal... never mind, just a petty detail...
2.At goldenrod city, shouldn't sister of a lady from a flower shop be a little girl... i think she should have a lil' girl overworld...

Suggestion:
You can add various move tutors teaching generation III moves, since all the Tms in Crystaldust contains generation II...(like pkmn FR/LG did,but it was a bit different, they added tutors who wuold teach old generation I moves whose Tms were replaced by gen III moves) Since this is a remake on GBA,i think it wont hurt/defeat the originality of Pkmn crystal... like it didnt in pkmn FR/LG...

Questions:
1.Will you add weekly siblings(those who give hold items on specific days) & other day based events or people?
2.Will you add move relearner(not to be confused with move tutor,the one who teaches previous moves to your pkmn in exchange of mushrooms/heart scales)? You can add it most probably in kanto or seviis islands(like Pkmn FR/LG)...
3.Are you gonna add some extra events in kanto since there was nothing more to do in kanto in pkmn crystal?

Though it may seem long, but plz try to answer them... You know i'm very curious about this remake now... Good luck on the hack...

diegoisawesome
March 21st, 2012, 04:33 AM
Got my second badge! Yippee! Everything is just so smooth. One thing I did notice is that a lot of the battle themes sound a little off. I think some of the static beats are to loud sometimes that they conceal the melody. The music definitely needs polishing. In retrospect, I think this game is really good so far.
EDIT: Just got the new patch and am here to confirm that the day of the week is showing up properly on Gameboid. Good job Diego!
EDIT2: Beat Whitney's fat cow with burn status. Whew! This is really a fun game now. Just chillin' in the National Park at night. Music is great there. I noticed the Day/Night bug is still present. I know you can't fix this ATM. Another thing I noticed but wasn't sure if it was a bug. I had to talk to the squirtbottle girl's sister before i got the squirtbottle. I had already beat the gym leader. Is it supposed to be like that? I know it has to do with activating the event but I don't think that was necessary. Or was it? Ha ha!
EDIT3: Kind of lonely without window lights at night. Don't you think?
The part with the sister actually happens in Crystal. Also,mI agree that night is missing something, but I can't make it have lights in the windows very easily...
Ok! i've some suggestions & questions...

Trivia:
1.I think,at the burnt tower,when you encounter sleeping legendary dogs,suicune moves around you clockwise(thats right) but entie is supposed to be at left & raiku at right of suicune as per pkmn crystal... never mind, just a petty detail...
2.At goldenrod city, shouldn't sister of a lady from a flower shop be a little girl... i think she should have a lil' girl overworld...

Suggestion:
You can add various move tutors teaching generation III moves, since all the Tms in Crystaldust contains generation II...(like pkmn FR/LG did,but it was a bit different, they added tutors who wuold teach old generation I moves whose Tms were replaced by gen III moves) Since this is a remake on GBA,i think it wont hurt/defeat the originality of Pkmn crystal... like it didnt in pkmn FR/LG...

Questions:
1.Will you add weekly siblings(those who give hold items on specific days) & other day based events or people?
2.Will you add move relearner(not to be confused with move tutor,the one who teaches previous moves to your pkmn in exchange of mushrooms/heart scales)? You can add it most probably in kanto or seviis islands(like Pkmn FR/LG)...
3.Are you gonna add some extra events in kanto since there was nothing more to do in kanto in pkmn crystal?

Though it may seem long, but plz try to answer them... You know i'm very curious about this remake now... Good luck on the hack...
Entei IS at the left and Raikou IS at the right...
The girl's sprite in Crystal wasn't that of a little girl. I might add in Gen III move tutors, but not yet. Maybe in Kanto.
The Week Siblings are already in! Didn't you see them on your journey around Johto?
The Move Relearner will be added in, although I don't know whether I should add him in Fuschia City (where the Move Deleter is in FR/LG) or on Two Island, where he is in FR/LG.
I might add in more events in Kanto. Only time will tell...

The Brahma Bull
March 21st, 2012, 07:33 AM
i mean entie at left side & raiku at right hand side of suicune that means entei at right & raiku at left from our sight...
yaa... some how i didnt find the weekly siblings... i'll check carefully again if not then try to repatch...
again,yes there's a move deleter in fire red in fuchsia city... u can make a move relearner there because two island will be too far as it already contains johto & kanto, dont you think?

BTW,can you recommend the appropriate version of VBA emulator for pkmn crystaldust plz?

found some bugs/issues
1.at goldenrod pokecom centre, you can get infinite eggs... the lady just gives odd eggs again & again though you already have received one...
2.at the burnt tower, you cannot get the item there... though you use strength on boulder, somehow you can only move it one step ahead but its not further movable...
3.at lake of rage, i think there's some scripting error with fishing guru... though i havent ever shown him a magikarp before,he acts as if i have shown him one already & his sign post reads 4.38 inch magikarp by NEO(my player name)... should he tell you some history of lake of rage...
4.shouldn't hoothoot be available in route 29 & 30 at beginning...?
5.why isnt a twins battle in bugsy gym, a double battle? since they are a twins, it should be double battle though it was not in crystal's feature...
6.at secret place(access via using surf) side of goldenrod city, shouldnt the battle with three cool lady trainers be like a rapid fire battle... but somehow the last one(the one who gives soft sand) dont battle you unless you take a step near to her....
7.not a bug but a question,since there are 8 hms,will you use the dive may be after johto or kanto & have you made phanphy available at route 49(i guess) at the beginning...
plz try to answer them in numbers... i know i ask too much of questions right? but its just a curiousity you know...

diegoisawesome
March 21st, 2012, 03:30 PM
i mean entie at left side & raiku at right hand side of suicune that means entei at right & raiku at left from our sight...
yaa... some how i didnt find the weekly siblings... i'll check carefully again if not then try to repatch...
again,yes there's a move deleter in fire red in fuchsia city... u can make a move relearner there because two island will be too far as it already contains johto & kanto, dont you think?

BTW,can you recommend the appropriate version of VBA emulator for pkmn crystaldust plz?

found some bugs/issues
1.at goldenrod pokecom centre, you can get infinite eggs... the lady just gives odd eggs again & again though you already have received one...
2.at the burnt tower, you cannot get the item there... though you use strength on boulder, somehow you can only move it one step ahead but its not further movable...
3.at lake of rage, i think there's some scripting error with fishing guru... though i havent ever shown him a magikarp before,he acts as if i have shown him one already & his sign post reads 4.38 inch magikarp by NEO(my player name)... should he tell you some history of lake of rage...
4.shouldn't hoothoot be available in route 29 & 30 at beginning...?
5.why isnt a twins battle in bugsy gym, a double battle? since they are a twins, it should be double battle though it was not in crystal's feature...
6.at secret place(access via using surf) side of goldenrod city, shouldnt the battle with three cool lady trainers be like a rapid fire battle... but somehow the last one(the one who gives soft sand) dont battle you unless you take a step near to her....
7.not a bug but a question,since there are 8 hms,will you use the dive may be after johto or kanto & have you made phanphy available at route 49(i guess) at the beginning...
plz try to answer them in numbers... i know i ask too much of questions right? but its just a curiousity you know...
Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are in the same places they were in GSC, and that's how they'll be in CrystalDust.
Okay, the Move Relearner will be in the Move Deleter's old house in Fuschia City.
I use VBA 1.8.0-beta3 with the RTC turned on and Flash/Flash 128k both selected in the Save Type menu.

1. Whoops, my bad. It was a leftover from when I was testing out the addition of Dizzy Punch to the Odd Egg babies' movesets. Fixed and uploaded.
2. The boulder was set incorrectly in the person event settings. Fixed and uploaded.
3. The only issue with that is that the sign says your name. He's not supposed to tell you the history of the lake unless you talk to him during the Red Gyarados/Team Rocket events. The first problem is fixed and uploaded.
4. That's due to day and night not having different Pokémon yet.
5. It will only go into a double battle if you have more than one able Pokémon with you.
6. Only the first two battles happen one after the other. Even in Crystal, you had to walk down one for the last battle.
7. Don't worry, I will let you use Dive later in the game out of battle.

Also, the odd palette glitch with the arrows has been completely fixed! The new, fixed patch is available to download!

Lugiaz Soul
March 21st, 2012, 09:48 PM
Beat Morty! He was very fun and easy!
Here are two glitches I spotted.

Linkdude231
March 22nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
hey does anyone know where to find a thunderstone in this game? I'm trying to turn my eevee i got from bill into a jolteon but can't find one.

The Brahma Bull
March 22nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
hey! diego, dont you think its akward the way lance disappear after you talk to him at lake of rage... he goes like round & round up to screen... though it was like that in crystal, it seems a bit odd in GBA... It would be cool if you can make lance fly away in his dragonite like steven did in emerald... you can do it, cuz you're awesome... just a suggestion...
BTW ,i've two things to ask for now:
1.How can you evolve evee into espeon/umbreon? is it like in crystal day night basis or using sun stone/moon stone?
2.just a curiousity, have you thought of making the return of GIOVANNI at some point of the game, though not in johto or even in kanto vbut may be in seviis? You know what i disliked about crystal's storyline was that they never brought the GIOVANNI, just mentioned he was training somewhere.... & just disbanned it...

diegoisawesome
March 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Beat Morty! He was very fun and easy!
Here are two glitches I spotted.
Both are now fixed, but I'm not going to upload the fixed version yet because of a new feature that's being added in...
hey does anyone know where to find a thunderstone in this game? I'm trying to turn my eevee i got from bill into a jolteon but can't find one.
Thunderstones aren't available yet in CrystalDust, sorry.
hey! diego, dont you think its akward the way lance disappear after you talk to him at lake of rage... he goes like round & round up to screen... though it was like that in crystal, it seems a bit odd in GBA... It would be cool if you can make lance fly away in his dragonite like steven did in emerald... you can do it, cuz you're awesome... just a suggestion...
BTW ,i've two things to ask for now:
1.How can you evolve evee into espeon/umbreon? is it like in crystal day night basis or using sun stone/moon stone?
2.just a curiousity, have you thought of making the return of GIOVANNI at some point of the game, though not in johto or even in kanto vbut may be in seviis? You know what i disliked about crystal's storyline was that they never brought the GIOVANNI, just mentioned he was training somewhere.... & just disbanned it...
You can make Eevee evolve the same way you make it evolve in Emerald; 12 AM to 12 PM gives Umbreon, while 12 PM to 12 AM gives Espeon. Giovanni might be brought back in the future...

The Brahma Bull
March 23rd, 2012, 01:54 AM
hi! diego... i think somewhere, in earlier post you said you are gonna make entei & raiku roam around johto later,right? i heard in emerald somehow both latios & latias can be made go wild around... it would be perfect for entei & raiku...
i think for the buena password, the battle frontier point system would do the trick... sorry, what do i know about hacking... but i am still a supporter...=D

You can make Eevee evolve the same way you make it evolve in Emerald; 12 AM to 12 PM gives Umbreon, while 12 PM to 12 AM gives Espeon. Giovanni might be brought back in the future...

hey! diego
In Emerald,12 AM to 12 PM gives Umbreon, while 12 PM to 12 AM gives Espeon...
Don't you find this absurd... I mean what the hell was wrong with game freak making that...
Generally,i believe AM is supposed to be the day time whereas PM, the night time... According to day/night system in the game, it will seem like you are evolving evee into Umbreon at day & into espeon at day/night since people will not generally play at 12AM-3/4AM(dark time) though people like me might be exceptions...The remaining time would be 5AM-12PM, in which it wont be dark... Likewise,7PM-12AM(playable time) will be totally dark in which evee will evolve into espeon...
Isn't it possible to make it just opposite?

Khorney
March 23rd, 2012, 05:24 AM
good stuff mate - i'm going to wait until you finish the main quest with kanto before diving in, but it's looking good!

Eru_Paul
March 24th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Issues:

When I beat the last GYM and the Prof. calls me to give me the Masterball, I fly to New Bark, but he doesn't give me. He only says the same thing "call me if..."

Pichu repeated in the pokedex (Pichu- Pikachu - Raichu and then it is after Clefable).

In the Blackthorn GYM you can walk through one wall (the one which is next to the stair which goes to Clair).

Lugiaz Soul
March 24th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Fence is incorrect.
Why don't you make this gatehouse like the newer better one from GBA?

The Brahma Bull
March 25th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Issues:

When I beat the last GYM and the Prof. calls me to give me the Masterball, I fly to New Bark, but he doesn't give me. He only says the same thing "call me if..."

Pichu repeated in the pokedex (Pichu- Pikachu - Raichu and then it is after Clefable).

In the Blackthorn GYM you can walk through one wall (the one which is next to the stair which goes to Clair).

I believe, diego has fixed the first one you mentioned & its uploaded... You can download the latest patch...
But I don't know about other two, i guess i will check it too...
Diego,Keep up the Gr8 work,buddy...

Lugiaz Soul
March 25th, 2012, 05:44 PM
After I defeated Mahogony Gym, I was able to go East. As I walked back into Mahogony, I met with an invisible Rarecandybar dude. You got the flags messed up there.

diegoisawesome
March 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM
hi! diego... i think somewhere, in earlier post you said you are gonna make entei & raiku roam around johto later,right? i heard in emerald somehow both latios & latias can be made go wild around... it would be perfect for entei & raiku...
i think for the buena password, the battle frontier point system would do the trick... sorry, what do i know about hacking... but i am still a supporter...=D

hey! diego
In Emerald,12 AM to 12 PM gives Umbreon, while 12 PM to 12 AM gives Espeon...
Don't you find this absurd... I mean what the hell was wrong with game freak making that...
Generally,i believe AM is supposed to be the day time whereas PM, the night time... According to day/night system in the game, it will seem like you are evolving evee into Umbreon at day & into espeon at day/night since people will not generally play at 12AM-3/4AM(dark time) though people like me might be exceptions...The remaining time would be 5AM-12PM, in which it wont be dark... Likewise,7PM-12AM(playable time) will be totally dark in which evee will evolve into espeon...
Isn't it possible to make it just opposite?
I already know what I'm going to do for Entei and Raikou and Buena's Password. Also, I changed the Espeon/Umbreon evolutions in this new patch that makes it so that whatever it shows in-game will be what Eevee will evolve in to. That is, if it shows day, morning, or afternoon - Espeon. If it shows night - Umbreon. :)
good stuff mate - i'm going to wait until you finish the main quest with kanto before diving in, but it's looking good!
Okay, but there's already plenty to do in my game, so you should start playing now!
Issues:

The first one was fixed in an earlier patch. The second and third ones have been fixed and uploaded.
Fence is incorrect.
Why don't you make this gatehouse like the newer better one from GBA?
First one - fixed. I'm not going to change the second one yet because I can't get it to look right with the new-style gatehouse.
I believe, diego has fixed the first one you mentioned & its uploaded... You can download the latest patch...
But I don't know about other two, i guess i will check it too...
Diego,Keep up the Gr8 work,buddy...
All right, I will! Thanks!
After I defeated Mahogony Gym, I was able to go East. As I walked back into Mahogony, I met with an invisible Rarecandybar dude. You got the flags messed up there.
My bad, I linked that guy with Pryce's badge and not Elm's call. Fixed and uploaded.

Now, here's that feature you guys have been waiting for...
Apricorn Balls!

That's right, Kurt now gives you Apricorn Balls in exchange for Apricorns. The balls, their images, and their effects have all been added in! Hope you enjoy!
Up next on my feature list to tackle? The Bug-Catching Contest! Stay tuned for that!

NeonCoyote
March 25th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Diego, mind=blown. I've had a copy of B1 for the longest time, and i started playing it today, since I have a week off for spring break. I just hit the sudowoodo end in B1 and saw that you pushed out B2 not too long ago! Awesome work! Keep it up! XD

P.S. I'm messing around with cheats, trying to break the game. lol Well done! It hasn't failed me yet! XD

EDIT: I lied. Just several bugs. One is when I talk to (Eugene??) that guy in the burned tower. His name is bugged out. Another is when I surf and get to that one ruin towards the bottom. It opens a hole in the wall and I'm able to get all four items (i don't though. my bag is full). However, after I get the "Thus We Will Erect A Pokemon Statue Outside" message and fall down that hole, if I encounter a pokemon, the game freezes. I have screencaps, but the post limit doesn't allow me to post URLs... I'll try to work around it. Send me a PM for screenies...

Another bug: Calling you via the pokegear actually phones Mr. Stone from some non-existant company ;)

Another bug: Met suicune after making all three dogs scatter from the burnt tower. Can't interact with it... it's just standing there. I can't talk to it or anything. Took a screencap of this too.

The Brahma Bull
March 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I already know what I'm going to do for Entei and Raikou and Buena's Password. Also, I changed the Espeon/Umbreon evolutions in this new patch that makes it so that whatever it shows in-game will be what Eevee will evolve in to. That is, if it shows day, morning, or afternoon - Espeon. If it shows night - Umbreon. :)

All right, I will! Thanks!

Now, here's that feature you guys have been waiting for...
Apricorn Balls!

That's right, Kurt now gives you Apricorn Balls in exchange for Apricorns. The balls, their images, and their effects have all been added in! Hope you enjoy!
Up next on my feature list to tackle? The Bug-Catching Contest! Stay tuned for that!

Now, thats pure awesome... i'm certain that this is gonna be the best GBA remake of pokemon crystal...
1.You've made Espeon & Umbreon evolve at day & night respectively...
2.You've a most awesome title screen & intro...
3.You've made Apricorn balls which i always wanted to see in the crystal remake
4.you are working on bug catching contest...

This remake already looks the best one...
I'm supporting this hack all day all night long...

diegoisawesome
March 26th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Diego, mind=blown. I've had a copy of B1 for the longest time, and i started playing it today, since I have a week off for spring break. I just hit the sudowoodo end in B1 and saw that you pushed out B2 not too long ago! Awesome work! Keep it up! XD

P.S. I'm messing around with cheats, trying to break the game. lol Well done! It hasn't failed me yet! XD

EDIT: I lied. Just several bugs. One is when I talk to (Eugene??) that guy in the burned tower. His name is bugged out. Another is when I surf and get to that one ruin towards the bottom. It opens a hole in the wall and I'm able to get all four items (i don't though. my bag is full). However, after I get the "Thus We Will Erect A Pokemon Statue Outside" message and fall down that hole, if I encounter a pokemon, the game freezes. I have screencaps, but the post limit doesn't allow me to post URLs... I'll try to work around it. Send me a PM for screenies...

Another bug: Calling you via the pokegear actually phones Mr. Stone from some non-existant company ;)

Another bug: Met suicune after making all three dogs scatter from the burnt tower. Can't interact with it... it's just standing there. I can't talk to it or anything. Took a screencap of this too.
It sounds to me like you tried using your save file from Beta 1. Delete your save and play from the beginning.
Now, thats pure awesome... i'm certain that this is gonna be the best GBA remake of pokemon crystal...
1.You've made Espeon & Umbreon evolve at day & night respectively...
2.You've a most awesome title screen & intro...
3.You've made Apricorn balls which i always wanted to see in the crystal remake
4.you are working on bug catching contest...

This remake already looks the best one...
I'm supporting this hack all day all night long...
Thanks! I'm glad that you're enjoying my hack!

Christianzeo
March 26th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Seems Awesome! I just downloaded the patch. BTW, DOES the patch make the odd egg have a chance of being shiny?

Lugiaz Soul
March 26th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I forgot to mention that in the Ruins of Alph, if you enter the room with the four poke-balls and walk back out you cant go back in because the wall will be back to normal.

Al3X
March 26th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Is there a way to get rock smash again? i got it once then learned it to my krabby then traded him for voltorb, i thought maybe i could of bought another one at goldenrod but it wasnt there, does anyone know where i can get?

NeonCoyote
March 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I have to start all over again? Bummer... I guess I'll just hack new pokemon in... :/

diegoisawesome
March 26th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Seems Awesome! I just downloaded the patch. BTW, DOES the patch make the odd egg have a chance of being shiny?
Yeah, the Odd Egg has a 50% chance of being shiny (like in Jap Crystal).
Thanks for playing!
I forgot to mention that in the Ruins of Alph, if you enter the room with the four poke-balls and walk back out you cant go back in because the wall will be back to normal.
Can you tell me which room this is in? Thanks.
Is there a way to get rock smash again? i got it once then learned it to my krabby then traded him for voltorb, i thought maybe i could of bought another one at goldenrod but it wasnt there, does anyone know where i can get?
My bad, I didn't notice you could do that in Crystal. Fixed and uploaded.
I have to start all over again? Bummer... I guess I'll just hack new pokemon in... :/
All right, but if you're going to hack in Gen III Pokémon, keep in mind that they are not supported ATM.

Lugiaz Soul
March 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM
When you surf down to the bottom right cave at Ruins if Alph.

pokegirl42
March 26th, 2012, 11:44 PM
this looks intresting can't wait till it's done

NeonCoyote
March 27th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Gen III pokemon hack in fine, actually. I have that one green-lizard-reptile pokemon (I'm not too big on the pokemon, I just wanted something unique to use Cut with XD).

Anyways, I played (AGAIN) to the underground place in Mahogany Town where Team Rocket is doing their operations near Lake Rage and I interacted with the statue, but the caption is missing the first "I" in the caption "It's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny." So it reads " t's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny."

Also, after beating Pryce (or whatever that Ice gym leader is), there's a bug causing the player to move to the left after the gym victory.

Another bug... I can't get past the guy in Mahogany town. I flew back to Goldenrod to beat team rocket, but... I can't find them. There's an extra guy in the front, of the building, but other than that... I don't know where to go to beat them. :(

The Brahma Bull
March 27th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hi! diego... Just wanted to ask...
1.Will trading from crystal dust to FR/LG or R/S/E be possible? If not how will the pokemons like haunter,kadabra,machoke,scyther,etc evolve?
2.Will we be able to complete the johto dex(not national dex)?

yaa... i found the same issue at bottom right cave at Ruins of Alph... First when you enter there, there's a hole on the wall.. when you go inside it, there's four pokeballs that contain energy roots & something like that... again there's a hole on the floor from which we will reach to a place where there's written "We shall erect the statue outside" in unown letters... but when you come again later, there's no hole on the wall... i think this event is not suppose to happen initially...

NeonCoyote
March 27th, 2012, 10:57 AM
1.Will trading from crystal dust to FR/LG or R/S/E be possible? If not how will the pokemons like haunter,kadabra,machoke,scyther,etc evolve?

yaa... i found the same issue at bottom right cave at Ruins of Alph... First when you enter there, there's a hole on the wall.. when you go inside it, there's four pokeballs that contain energy roots & something like that... again there's a hole on the floor from which we will reach to a place where there's written "We shall erect the statue outside" in unown letters... but when you come again later, there's no hole on the wall... i think this event is not suppose to happen initially...

The move Surf is used to open the hole initially. I think the command lingers when you used a pokemon to surf to get there in the first place. That's probably why it opened.

Albert Clare
March 27th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Most of the Pokémon that evolve by trading have had this altered so that you can evolve them without it, though I think we're supposed to discover how on our own.

diegoisawesome
March 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM
All right, got it. Fixed and uploaded.
this looks intresting can't wait till it's done
All right, but play it now anyways!
Gen III pokemon hack in fine, actually. I have that one green-lizard-reptile pokemon (I'm not too big on the pokemon, I just wanted something unique to use Cut with XD).

Anyways, I played (AGAIN) to the underground place in Mahogany Town where Team Rocket is doing their operations near Lake Rage and I interacted with the statue, but the caption is missing the first "I" in the caption "It's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny." So it reads " t's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny."

Also, after beating Pryce (or whatever that Ice gym leader is), there's a bug causing the player to move to the left after the gym victory.

Another bug... I can't get past the guy in Mahogany town. I flew back to Goldenrod to beat team rocket, but... I can't find them. There's an extra guy in the front, of the building, but other than that... I don't know where to go to beat them. :(
Fixed the Persian statue bug. Also, the Pryce event and the TR event are related. Download the new patch and talk to Pryce again; that should fix it. If not... well, I guess I'll have to patch your ROM specially to get you past that event.

1. Trading is possible but trade evolutions have been replaced with other types.
2. You will be able to complete the Dexes later in the game. :)
The move Surf is used to open the hole initially. I think the command lingers when you used a pokemon to surf to get there in the first place. That's probably why it opened.
Actually, it's Flash, and it's due to a bug I made when I changed the variables to not interfere with other events.
Most of the Pokémon that evolve by trading have had this altered so that you can evolve them without it, though I think we're supposed to discover how on our own.
Yeah, exactly.

To all: I hope that the Ruins of Alph work exactly like they should for everyone now, because I've got to get back to making the Bug-Catching Contest. ;)

Al3X
March 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM
When does it end? I beat the elite four, and normally when you beat it on crystal you'd get a phone call then get the ss ticket from the prof but when i beat it i didnt get the call or any ticket or anything

diegoisawesome
March 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM
When does it end? I beat the elite four, and normally when you beat it on crystal you'd get a phone call then get the ss ticket from the prof but when i beat it i didnt get the call or any ticket or anything
That's exactly where it ends. You never get Elm's call, thus you never get on the S.S. Aqua and never go to Kanto.

Well... not never. Just wait for Beta 3. ;)

miksy91
March 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Are you planning the Kanto to be exactly the same as in GSC ? That would be kinda boring if you ask me although I understand the purpose of this hack is being a well-made remake of Crystal but still...
It doesn't stand as a region in Gen II - you can go anywhere you want, trainers are too weak for the worst pokemon you've got in the party, etc.
What you could at least do is to add extra stuff that they decided to be there but left out. For example Lavender Radio Tower (G/S/C games have own [Map Bank] for it meaning it "doesn't belong to" Lavender Town) and Safari Zone.

The Brahma Bull
March 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
hey! diego...
Cant we give kurt multiple apricorns of same colour like in pkmn crystal... cuz sometime 1 apricorn ball per day can be annoying...
But infact Apricorn balls is really an awesome feature... its totally cool which i havent seen from other remakes...

Albert Clare
March 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Random Detail — I think the lower-rightmost Tree of Route 46 (near the small Pool in which Dratini may be found) says "Hey, it's ASPEAR BERRY", and then you get a Leppa Berry.

Edit: Forgot Route Number.

The Brahma Bull
March 30th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Hey! diego...
i've met the weekly siblings now when i played in VBA 1.8.0 beta 3...
but i cant find hair cut brothers & grandma herb shop in goldenrod city underground... Have you added the hair cut brothers,herb shop & some guy outside game corner(who would teach you a TM for 4000 coins)? bcuz i really wanted to make my goldbat & evee happy soon to evolve them into crobat & umbreon respectively...

Maxim
March 31st, 2012, 12:52 AM
Are you planning the Kanto to be exactly the same as in GSC ? That would be kinda boring if you ask me although I understand the purpose of this hack is being a well-made remake of Crystal but still...
It doesn't stand as a region in Gen II - you can go anywhere you want, trainers are too weak for the worst pokemon you've got in the party, etc.
What you could at least do is to add extra stuff that they decided to be there but left out. For example Lavender Radio Tower (G/S/C games have own [Map Bank] for it meaning it "doesn't belong to" Lavender Town) and Safari Zone.

I don't see the need of expanding Kanto when Sevii is going to be in the game.

Of course, an addition or two wouldn't hurt but I'd prefer those to be new things, rather than merely bringbacks from FRLG.
I agree about making Lavender Radio Tower explorable (Lily and Fern must be put in, they're Mary and Ben's Kanto counterparts).

Anyway, Diego, good job on Kurt's Balls and cheers for Radio App (I've heard you've got some plans on putting it to the hack). I also wonder if converting Roulette to Card Flip is possible. But if it isn't, then Roulette is a good substitute.

The Brahma Bull
March 31st, 2012, 01:08 AM
diego! found small bug... at the battle tower, after getting frontier pass,if you look at battle frontier map on the pass & press cancel/back, the game gets reset itelf...

diegoisawesome
March 31st, 2012, 08:06 AM
Kanto will be a bit different, although the Safari Zone probably won't be added in (or maybe as an abandoned facility that is starting to fall apart... ;)).
hey! diego...
Cant we give kurt multiple apricorns of same colour like in pkmn crystal... cuz sometime 1 apricorn ball per day can be annoying...
But infact Apricorn balls is really an awesome feature... its totally cool which i havent seen from other remakes...
Well, the reason I don't have that feature is the same reason why I don't have Mom saving money for you. I don't know how to make a box that will let you choose a number..
Thanks for the feedback!
Random Detail — I think the lower-rightmost Tree of Route 46 (near the small Pool in which Dratini may be found) says "Hey, it's ASPEAR BERRY", and then you get a Leppa Berry.

Edit: Forgot Route Number.
Fixed, but I'm holding off on uploading until the Contest is done.
Hey! diego...
i've met the weekly siblings now when i played in VBA 1.8.0 beta 3...
but i cant find hair cut brothers & grandma herb shop in goldenrod city underground... Have you added the hair cut brothers,herb shop & some guy outside game corner(who would teach you a TM for 4000 coins)? bcuz i really wanted to make my goldbat & evee happy soon to evolve them into crobat & umbreon respectively...
The guy outside of the Game Corner is there, but I don't have the Underground shops yet..
I don't see the need of expanding Kanto when Sevii is going to be in the game.

Of course, an addition or two wouldn't hurt but I'd prefer those to be new things, rather than merely bringbacks from FRLG.
I agree about making Lavender Radio Tower explorable (Lily and Fern must be put in, they're Mary and Ben's Kanto counterparts).

Anyway, Diego, good job on Kurt's Balls and cheers for Radio App (I've heard you've got some plans on putting it to the hack). I also wonder if converting Roulette to Card Flip is possible. But if it isn't, then Roulette is a good substitute.
Thanks for the comments!
I don't think it would be worth it to change Roulette into Card Flip (they're almost the same thing, and it's better than everything being the slots). And like I said above, a few changes will be made to Kanto.
diego! found small bug... at the battle tower, after getting frontier pass,if you look at battle frontier map on the pass & press cancel/back, the game gets reset itelf...
My bad, that will be fixed and uploaded later.

Progress on the Bug-Catching Contest:
I have the script that leads you in and gives you 20 Park Balls, as well as the start menu changing while in it.

Farizerz
March 31st, 2012, 08:33 AM
hi diego!
i just came here to say your hack is awesome! i like the day&night feature but i don't see any difference between day&night because i can't find gastly, noctowl and any other night pokemon, is it just me or you actually didn't add night pokemon ? if you don't mind adding them would be great

and one more thing, IMHO i think its better to add any pokemon which can only found in G/S to your crystal dust to make completing pokedex more easier ^^

The Brahma Bull
March 31st, 2012, 10:16 AM
hi! diego, its great to hear about the progress on bug catching contest...
I see that the words are overflowng from the box in the descriptin of some pokemon in pokedex, in status or summary screen of a pokemon owned & even in description of berries... I guess the reason for this is that you are using a FR/LG font,right? Can you some how fix it...

Lugiaz Soul
April 1st, 2012, 10:21 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/fv8nf6.png http://i53.tinypic.com/zix25z.png http://i52.tinypic.com/14tone0.png
That's a post from Zodiac The Great. He got the Day N Night to work properly. You should ask him.

Platinum Lucario
April 2nd, 2012, 01:01 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/fv8nf6.png http://i53.tinypic.com/zix25z.png http://i52.tinypic.com/14tone0.png
That's a post from Zodiac The Great. He got the Day N Night to work properly. You should ask him.

Oh wow, fantastic! That can just show what we can really do with any ROM hack with a Day and Night system, it's great to see how the blue palette for the windows has been changed, this means that we can do anything with changing the palettes during different routines of the Day/Night system. It looks astonishing, though what I'd recommend... is a brand new tileset for the Johto region, but leave the Kanto region tiles exactly the same as they are.

jj_olli
April 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Bug report:
Eevee Always Evolves into Umbreon through Happiness, tested in all 24 Hours of Day.
Edit: The Eevee Bill gives you has a Burn heal attached to it.
Edit2: When talking to Eusine in the burned Tower after you talked to him for the first time an À and an E with dots above are in front of his name.
Edit3: When the Dogs are still Grey Entei's OW is the same as Suicunes And I think it should Be Raikou Entei Suicune not Entei Raikou Suicune.
Edit4: Some Flag is messed up, when I talk to Eusine after awakening the dogs, I can't fight Morty, because "He's not in the gym", but I can fight Silver again in the burned tower (although his sprite is gone) and encounter the dogs again (although their sprites are gone) so, I'm sitting in a loop with no way out :(
Keep up the good work Diego ;)

lucious101
April 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Great hack. Everything is almost perfect in it. Just found a couple visual glitches. Keep up the good work!

The Brahma Bull
April 3rd, 2012, 04:27 AM
hey! diego... we will not b needing frontier pass in crystal dust,right? since there is only a battle tower,no frontiers like in emerald... i was wondering will it be possible to use the frontier pass to make it store or show the kanto badges instead? Just a thought...

Lugiaz Soul
April 3rd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Oh wow, fantastic! That can just show what we can really do with any ROM hack with a Day and Night system, it's great to see how the blue palette for the windows has been changed, this means that we can do anything with changing the palettes during different routines of the Day/Night system. It looks astonishing, though what I'd recommend... is a brand new tileset for the Johto region, but leave the Kanto region tiles exactly the same as they are.
I definately agree that Johto needs some new tiles. A FR/LG style tree that looks like the one from GSC.

diegoisawesome
April 3rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
hi diego!
i just came here to say your hack is awesome! i like the day&night feature but i don't see any difference between day&night because i can't find gastly, noctowl and any other night pokemon, is it just me or you actually didn't add night pokemon ? if you don't mind adding them would be great

and one more thing, IMHO i think its better to add any pokemon which can only found in G/S to your crystal dust to make completing pokedex more easier ^^
I haven't added different wild Pokémon for night and morning because AdvanceMap throws errors when the hack is applied. I will add them in once AdvanceMap supports the change.
Also, I am planning on making all 386 Pokémon available in some form or another once my game is done.
hi! diego, its great to hear about the progress on bug catching contest...
I see that the words are overflowng from the box in the descriptin of some pokemon in pokedex, in status or summary screen of a pokemon owned & even in description of berries... I guess the reason for this is that you are using a FR/LG font,right? Can you some how fix it...
I'll fix those bugs in the future. They're not that important ATM.

I think that the way he did it is a way that can only be done in Ruby due to its no use of one of the palettes it has at its disposal. Zodiac then used that for his light effect. I can't exactly do that, though, since I'm using that slot... I'll see what I can do in the future.
Bug report:
Eevee Always Evolves into Umbreon through Happiness, tested in all 24 Hours of Day.
Edit: The Eevee Bill gives you has a Burn heal attached to it.
Edit2: When talking to Eusine in the burned Tower after you talked to him for the first time an À and an E with dots above are in front of his name.
Edit3: When the Dogs are still Grey Entei's OW is the same as Suicunes And I think it should Be Raikou Entei Suicune not Entei Raikou Suicune.
Edit4: Some Flag is messed up, when I talk to Eusine after awakening the dogs, I can't fight Morty, because "He's not in the gym", but I can fight Silver again in the burned tower (although his sprite is gone) and encounter the dogs again (although their sprites are gone) so, I'm sitting in a loop with no way out :(
Keep up the good work Diego ;)
Bug 1: Probably due to bad coding and no checking to make sure it actually worked. I'll fix that for the Bug-Catching Update.
Bug 2: Fixed.
Bug 3: They look fine to me...
Bug 4: Ack, darn it... My bad. I'll fix that up with the Bug-Catching Update.
Great hack. Everything is almost perfect in it. Just found a couple visual glitches. Keep up the good work!
Fixed, fixed, and fixed. Thanks!
hey! diego... we will not b needing frontier pass in crystal dust,right? since there is only a battle tower,no frontiers like in emerald... i was wondering will it be possible to use the frontier pass to make it store or show the kanto badges instead? Just a thought...
There will be a Frontier in the future, so the pass will be needed. And I already have a system to show the Knto gym badges... ;)
I definately agree that Johto needs some new tiles. A FR/LG style tree that looks like the one from GSC.
I agree too, but so far, nobody's been able to make one for me...

Bug-Catching Contest Progress:
Have only a few things left, including the actual judging and the timer. But the menu and storing of the Pokémon works!

Lugiaz Soul
April 3rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
Great to hear the Bug Contest is almost done! Can't wait to get the Pinsir, Scyther, and my Butterfree! They always seemed rare to me.

diegoisawesome
April 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Great to hear the Bug Contest is almost done! Can't wait to get the Pinsir, Scyther, and my Butterfree! They always seemed rare to me.
All right, I can't wait to be done with it! :p

Bug-Catching Contest progress:
Pretty much every way of exiting the contest (Fly, Teleport, running out of Park Balls, retiring with the menu, fainting, and just trying to leave the park area) has been accounted for and patched. I only have a few things left:
1. Making the entrance guy disappear and reappear on correct days (easy, just haven't gotten to it)
2. Make an actual script for walking into one of the gatehouses during the competition (again, easy)
3. Make random contestgoers appear, and make their talking scripts
4. Actual judging
5. Make check for after exiting battle with 0 Park Balls (easy)

jj_olli
April 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Nice Diego, sounds great, can't wait for the new patch, I want to continue my playthrough :)

The Brahma Bull
April 6th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Way to go! diego... Waiting for the upload... Cant wait to catch the scyther & pinsir...=D

cj777
April 6th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Any luck on the morty bug? I'm stuck with nothing to do. :( Looking forward to finishing this rom though. :) Thanks.

The Brahma Bull
April 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I recently repatched my rom with latest update & i have found that berries are not growing,moo moo milk is not sold per day anymore,kurt took the apricorn but doesnt finishes to make a ball... i dont know if its only with me...
The berry tree at route 45(where there is small pond) says Aspera berry but you get a Leppa berry...

diegoisawesome
April 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Nice Diego, sounds great, can't wait for the new patch, I want to continue my playthrough :)
Don't worry, the patch should be released soon.
Way to go! diego... Waiting for the upload... Cant wait to catch the scyther & pinsir...=D
The patch should be out soon.
Any luck on the morty bug? I'm stuck with nothing to do. :( Looking forward to finishing this rom though. :) Thanks.
The Morty bug is an easy bug to fix, but I'm trying to focus on the Contest right now... :/
I recently repatched my rom with latest update & i have found that berries are not growing,moo moo milk is not sold per day anymore,kurt took the apricorn but doesnt finishes to make a ball... i dont know if its only with me...
The berry tree at route 45(where there is small pond) says Aspera berry but you get a Leppa berry...
I think that's an issue with you, because you probably have the RTC turned off.

Shiny Zoroark96
April 8th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Where is Morty??,why he absent in gym

Superjub
April 8th, 2012, 07:26 AM
It's good to hear you're making progress with the Bug Ctaching Contest. Truthfully, when I was playing through the most recent beta (I've been enjoying it so far by the way), I did notice its absence. So yeah, I can't wait. :D Thanks for all you've done so far. :)

patrick_20052005
April 11th, 2012, 03:19 AM
is it possible that the poke gear be fixed to hold a lot of trainers' numbers in it?
Is it also possible to change the pokegear sounds? i was also thinking if mom has the option to be bank, like hold your money for you and stuff.

anyways, keep up the good work, this remake is one of my favorites. I might just finish this beta up to the where it can last and just trade off my pokemon from there using a link cable emulator to continue my adventure. :)

sayeef
April 11th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Excellent hack! I haven't played a Pokemon hack since Pokemon Shiny Gold!

awerqw22
April 11th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The pokemon crystal dust has a bug when opening he pokegear.it doesnt open after you first saved ur game

diegoisawesome
April 11th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Where is Morty??,why he absent in gym
Sorry, it's a glitch with the current beta. When the Bug-Catching Update comes out, that issue will be fixed.
It's good to hear you're making progress with the Bug Ctaching Contest. Truthfully, when I was playing through the most recent beta (I've been enjoying it so far by the way), I did notice its absence. So yeah, I can't wait. :D Thanks for all you've done so far. :)
No problem! Thanks for your support!
is it possible that the poke gear be fixed to hold a lot of trainers' numbers in it?
Is it also possible to change the pokegear sounds? i was also thinking if mom has the option to be bank, like hold your money for you and stuff.

anyways, keep up the good work, this remake is one of my favorites. I might just finish this beta up to the where it can last and just trade off my pokemon from there using a link cable emulator to continue my adventure. :)
1. You mean like registering random people who ask for your phone number? Sorry, but I haven't yet cracked that part of the Pokénav system.
2. I can't do this because of the simple fact that I can't make a way to choose numbers to store/withdraw money...
Thanks for your suppport!
Excellent hack! I haven't played a Pokemon hack since Pokemon Shiny Gold!
thanks for commenting!
The pokemon crystal dust has a bug when opening he pokegear.it doesnt open after you first saved ur game
Can you be more clear and perhaps post some screenshots? I need to know exactly what's wrong before I can fix it.

Bug-Catching Contes progress:
Just need to finish the judging! Although that's the hardest part...

Albert Clare
April 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I've just finished the Johto Quest, and I can safely say I enjoyed it very well. I had very few major Issues, though I would recommend that, until the Pokégear Glitch (it doesn't register Numbers correctly) is fixed, make Evolutionary Stones available; it was rather difficult to beat the Elite Four with a Pikachu, Growlithe, and Gloom (I did it mostly with the other Members of my Team and healing Items, and they worked just fine until the Elite Four, which were an interestingly faithful Reconstruction).

The Brahma Bull
April 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I've just finished the Johto Quest, and I can safely say I enjoyed it very well. I had very few major Issues, though I would recommend that, until the Pokégear Glitch (it doesn't register Numbers correctly) is fixed, make Evolutionary Stones available; it was rather difficult to beat the Elite Four with a Pikachu, Growlithe, and Gloom (I did it mostly with the other Members of my Team and healing Items, and they worked just fine until the Elite Four, which were an interestingly faithful Reconstruction).

I agree on that... I already completed the Johto like two times & it was fun. But we need evolutionary stones for now until Pokegear is fully functional... I used emerald cheat to get just a fire stone to evolve my growlithe but it seems to create a problem or a bug with day/night events or growing berries... I guess its better not to use emerald gameshark codes...

Pac-Man1096
April 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I'm just wondering... Do you ever plan on changing the PokeGear sprite or improving it? It seems to stand out from everything else in the game and it kind of bugs me. I have made a sprite myself and I would show it to you if I knew how to upload pictures.

Shiny Zoroark96
April 16th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I like D&N system that you are using in beta 1 than beta 2.
So,I suggest you using D&N system that you are using in beta 1

I hope next beta be better !

keebs750
April 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I absolutely love this hack. I have tried to play so many hacks and I just don't like the colors, tiles, graphics but this game wow. I am stuck at the morty gym glitch right now and I can't wait for the fix! Thank you guys for this awesome hack!

diegoisawesome
April 16th, 2012, 02:46 PM

I agree on that... I already completed the Johto like two times & it was fun. But we need evolutionary stones for now until Pokegear is fully functional... I used emerald cheat to get just a fire stone to evolve my growlithe but it seems to create a problem or a bug with day/night events or growing berries... I guess its better not to use emerald gameshark codes...
Well, with the Bug Catching Contest, I'm adding in a Sun Stone. But I'm not going to put in others unless I figure out how to make the Pokégear registration work.
I'm just wondering... Do you ever plan on changing the PokeGear sprite or improving it? It seems to stand out from everything else in the game and it kind of bugs me. I have made a sprite myself and I would show it to you if I knew how to upload pictures.
Which Pokégear sprite? You mean the one that spins around when talking to someone?
I like D&N system that you are using in beta 1 than beta 2.
So,I suggest you using D&N system that you are using in beta 1

I hope next beta be better !
What's bad about this one? Can you explain how the other one was better?
I absolutely love this hack. I have tried to play so many hacks and I just don't like the colors, tiles, graphics but this game wow. I am stuck at the morty gym glitch right now and I can't wait for the fix! Thank you guys for this awesome hack!
I'm hoping to have the fix out soon, keep watching this thread!

Almost done! I'm in the final stages of programming it in.

Pac-Man1096
April 16th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Well, with the Bug Catching Contest, I'm adding in a Sun Stone. But I'm not going to put in others unless I figure out how to make the Pokégear registration work.

Which Pokégear sprite? You mean the one that spins around when talking to someone?

What's bad about this one? Can you explain how the other one was better?

I'm hoping to have the fix out soon, keep watching this thread!

Almost done! I'm in the final stages of programming it in.
Yes, that PokéGear sprite. Something about it just seems to stand out from the professional quality of the rest of the game.

diegoisawesome
April 16th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Yes, that PokéGear sprite. Something about it just seems to stand out from the professional quality of the rest of the game.
Well, my spriter made it almost from scratch a bit quickly. If you came up with something better, I'd be more than happy to include it in the Bug-Catching Update.

Pac-Man1096
April 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I'm not pro or anything but I think I can come up with something a bit better. I'll see what I can do and thanks for the oppertunity!

Shiny Zoroark96
April 18th, 2012, 05:59 AM
This mean, hopefully Pokemon Crystal Dust be better in next beta
(no one bug)

This Pokemon hack that I like compared to the other Pokemon crystal remake

I like your hacked :D

diegoisawesome
April 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I'm not pro or anything but I think I can come up with something a bit better. I'll see what I can do and thanks for the oppertunity!
No problem! I'm always open to suggestions and contributions.
This mean, hopefully Pokemon Crystal Dust be better in next beta
(no one bug)

This Pokemon hack that I like compared to the other Pokemon crystal remake

I like your hacked :D
Better in next beta...? What do you mean by that?
Can you tell me what's wrong with this one?

Bug-Catching Update progress:
RELEASED!!!

This new patch fixes all bugs previously reported as well as a few bugs I found myself. And, of course, it includes the Bug-Catching Contest itself!

Please report any bugs you may have with the contest or any other part of my game and I will fix them ASAP. Thanks, and have fun!

keebs750
April 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Yay for new patch....but I can't find where to download it unless I just re-download the beta?

diegoisawesome
April 19th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Yeah, it's always the same download link to get the new patch. Just get it from o15.com and patch the IPS to a clean Emerald ROM to play.

Shiny Zoroark96
April 19th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Well, I will try your new patch of Pokemon Crystaldust, and I will report some bug if I find.
Good job :D

Gold011
April 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM
guys, i'm kind of new into this hack, i had played liqiud crystal, but, this one is good too, so i have some questions, the link to the latest ips patch of beta 2 of crystal dust includes the bug catching contest right?, if so, i want to ask the following, did you do beta testing of the bug contenst?, because, in any case a bug is found, either way, are hoenn pokemon obtainable, if so, the starters too?, and they are rare encounters (low rate encounter)?, how many gyms of kanto does this beta have, is viridian gym aviable or we have to wait till next beta?, last question, can you give and aproximate release date for beta 3?, thanks...

EDIT: i forgot to ask this, is scyther catchable now?, if so, does scyther evolve to scizor without trade?, also, how do i get kanto starters?

keebs750
April 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I don't know if this is a bug or it is just the end of the beta but when I beat Lance the game goes through the credits and a white screen appears. I can't do anything except reload a save.

KevinB8
April 19th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Do I have to patch over my already patched ROM and continue playing where I left off, or do I have to patch over a clean ROM and start my game all over?

diegoisawesome
April 19th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Well, I will try your new patch of Pokemon Crystaldust, and I will report some bug if I find.
Good job :D
Okay then, thanks!
guys, i'm kind of new into this hack, i had played liqiud crystal, but, this one is good too, so i have some questions, the link to the latest ips patch of beta 2 of crystal dust includes the bug catching contest right? Yes. if so, i want to ask the following, did you do beta testing of the bug contenst? Not extensively, but yes. because, in any case a bug is found, either way, are hoenn pokemon obtainable No. if so, the starters too? No. and they are rare encounters (low rate encounter)? No. how many gyms of kanto does this beta have 0. is viridian gym aviable or we have to wait till next beta? Next beta or beyond. last question, can you give and aproximate release date for beta 3? No asking for release dates, that's a forum rule. thanks...

EDIT: i forgot to ask this, is scyther catchable now? In the Bug-Catching Contest, yes. if so, does scyther evolve to scizor without trade? Yes, but you have to find out how. also, how do i get kanto starters? You don't, not yet.
Responses in bold.
Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but all of this has already been asked in the thread before or said explicitly by me...
I don't know if this is a bug or it is just the end of the beta but when I beat Lance the game goes through the credits and a white screen appears. I can't do anything except reload a save.
Well, the game should reset itself, but you can reset it manually and continue playing, although there's not much to do after the credits (that's the end of this beta).
Do I have to patch over my already patched ROM and continue playing where I left off, or do I have to patch over a clean ROM and start my game all over?
Just patch to a new ROM, delete the old one, and rename the new one to the same name. You should be able to use the same save file (unless it's from Beta 1, in which case, start from the beginning).

jj_olli
April 19th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hey Diego, I found a new bug, the Dude who teaches you how to catch Pokemon freezes when he is about to throw the Pokeball :(

diegoisawesome
April 19th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Hey Diego, I found a new bug, the Dude who teaches you how to catch Pokemon freezes when he is about to throw the Pokeball :(
My bad, I accidentally broke that when I made the Contest. Fixed and uploaded.

jj_olli
April 20th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Found a curious bug in the bug catching contest. When I start the contest I do not have any Pokemon
Does not happen when only 1 Pokemon is in the Party upon entering the contest
EDIT: Are Raikou and Entei catchable now? :)

DarkFlameSquirrel
April 21st, 2012, 07:37 AM
Registered on this site just to reply to this. I barely heard about this hack about an hour ago. Downloaded a clean version of Emerald and the ips file (the latest version) and the program to patch it. Made a copy of Emerald in case it screws. I patched the ips to it and once I ran the patched Emerald in VBA, it doesn't do anything. I just get that gray screen and nothing ever happens :( what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I feel so retarded now :/ all I had to do was change the setting to Flash 128k. Totally forgot about that. D: anyways I'll just keep this account for further problems/bugs XD

diegoisawesome
April 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Found a curious bug in the bug catching contest. When I start the contest I do not have any Pokemon
Does not happen when only 1 Pokemon is in the Party upon entering the contest
EDIT: Are Raikou and Entei catchable now? :)
Can you tell me what you had in your party (and if they were fainted) when you went into the contest? And do you get all of your Pokémon back once you leave?
Entei and Raikou are not catchable yet, sorry.
Registered on this site just to reply to this. I barely heard about this hack about an hour ago. Downloaded a clean version of Emerald and the ips file (the latest version) and the program to patch it. Made a copy of Emerald in case it screws. I patched the ips to it and once I ran the patched Emerald in VBA, it doesn't do anything. I just get that gray screen and nothing ever happens :( what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I feel so retarded now :/ all I had to do was change the setting to Flash 128k. Totally forgot about that. D: anyways I'll just keep this account for further problems/bugs XD
Glad you could find the solution.
And welcome to the community! Stay a while and explore the forums, it's a nice community.

DarkFlameSquirrel
April 22nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Dude holy crap this hack is awesome, and I especially freaking love that you were able to implement the Day/Afternoon/Night thing (not sure if there's a better/technical term for this). Quick questions, am I able to trade between Crystaldust and FR/LG/R/S/E and will there be cheats available someday so after I finish it and whatnot I can have a little extra fun? I'd browse through this thread but I don't exactly have the most cooperative internet connection at the moment.
Oh and will you be able to add a seasons feature later on? I saw the Day Night Seasons post but being a total n00b at rom hacking, most of it looked like Japanese to me :/ (my lame attempt at just innocently pimping up my Emerald ROM to make its gameplay much more pleasurable.)

diegoisawesome
April 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Dude holy crap this hack is awesome, and I especially freaking love that you were able to implement the Day/Afternoon/Night thing (not sure if there's a better/technical term for this). Quick questions, am I able to trade between Crystaldust and FR/LG/R/S/E and will there be cheats available someday so after I finish it and whatnot I can have a little extra fun? I'd browse through this thread but I don't exactly have the most cooperative internet connection at the moment.
Oh and will you be able to add a seasons feature later on? I saw the Day Night Seasons post but being a total n00b at rom hacking, most of it looked like Japanese to me :/ (my lame attempt at just innocently pimping up my Emerald ROM to make its gameplay much more pleasurable.)
You can trade between the versions, but trading is not completely supported yet. Cheats are the exact same as they are for Emerald. No, seasons are not being added because Crystal didn't have them.

Thanks for the post!

DarkFlameSquirrel
April 22nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
You can trade between the versions, but trading is not completely supported yet.

Elaborate on the unsupported part? I don't want to end up screw up the games or anything.
And no problem, personally I'm just grateful as hell that you're still active on this project. Usually people just end up abandoning cool stuff like this. Not that I blame them because stuff comes up and all but you know :) so thanks for that!

0shawott
April 22nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Can you tell me what you had in your party (and if they were fainted) when you went into the contest? And do you get all of your Pokémon back once you leave?
This happened to me, too. I had a Growlithe, a Poliwag, a Bayleef, a Nidorino, a Bellsprout, and an Egg. All of the Pokémon in my party disappeared and when I got in a battle I had the question mark in the circle thing. I didn't find out whether or not I got my Pokémon back because I just resumed a save state. Perhaps it's because of the egg? I would try again now, but the contest isn't on today. For some reason it was on yesterday (Sunday) though and the guards said things like:
'Today it is BOX1...'
'Today it is 851...'

diegoisawesome
April 23rd, 2012, 04:31 AM
Elaborate on the unsupported part? I don't want to end up screw up the games or anything.
And no problem, personally I'm just grateful as hell that you're still active on this project. Usually people just end up abandoning cool stuff like this. Not that I blame them because stuff comes up and all but you know :) so thanks for that!
I mean unsupported as in there may be some glitches I don't know about because I've never been able to actually make a trade work. :/
Also, Hoenn Pokémon are unsupported, mainly because the TMs they learn are completely out of whack.
Thanks for the support! I'm not the type of person to just give up on a project, so don't worry about CrystalDust dying in the near future.
This happened to me, too. I had a Growlithe, a Poliwag, a Bayleef, a Nidorino, a Bellsprout, and an Egg. All of the Pokémon in my party disappeared and when I got in a battle I had the question mark in the circle thing. I didn't find out whether or not I got my Pokémon back because I just resumed a save state. Perhaps it's because of the egg? I would try again now, but the contest isn't on today. For some reason it was on yesterday (Sunday) though and the guards said things like:
'Today it is BOX1...'
'Today it is 851...'
That sounds really messed up... Can you send me a save file through PMs?

Superjub
April 23rd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I can confirm the Bug Catching Contest glitch. Both times I tried it caused the glitch to happen. I had a similar team to the above too (Bayleef & an egg), but the rest were different. Also, from the top of my head, I remember trying to use an Escape Rope in Mt. Mortar (both floors) and getting a message saying I can't do that. There were some other oddities, but that's all I can remember from the top of my head. Anywya, I completed the beta (beat the champion) and I must say that I am really, really impressed. :D I love the small details that you added to make it like Crystal. Seriously, thank you. :D

jj_olli
April 23rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
I had a Pidgeotto, Quilava, Pikachu, Hitmontop, Furret and Togetic when the glitch happened

diegoisawesome
April 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I can confirm the Bug Catching Contest glitch. Both times I tried it caused the glitch to happen. I had a similar team to the above too (Bayleef & an egg), but the rest were different. Also, from the top of my head, I remember trying to use an Escape Rope in Mt. Mortar (both floors) and getting a message saying I can't do that. There were some other oddities, but that's all I can remember from the top of my head. Anywya, I completed the beta (beat the champion) and I must say that I am really, really impressed. :D I love the small details that you added to make it like Crystal. Seriously, thank you. :D
No problem! Glad you enjoyed it.
And if you can remember some of the oddities, that would be great!
I had a Pidgeotto, Quilava, Pikachu, Hitmontop, Furret and Togetic when the glitch happened
Thanks for the input, but I got it fixed.

With help from a save file from 0shawott, I've fixed the Bug-Catching Contest glitch, as well as the Escape Rope in Mt. Mortar bugs. The new patch is available for download!

DarkFlameSquirrel
April 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
So the update will be on the same link I downloaded 2.0 from on your website, right?

rakireid
April 23rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Awesome work so far keep it up ;)

Aussie Riolu
April 24th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I hatched a Shiny Magby from the Odd Egg! Yay!

EDIT: OK I see it has an increased Shiny Ratio but who cares really. I'm keeping the shinies I get and hoarding them all to my DS games. I love how it always has Dizzy Punch to keep it canon which I really like. Good job on that. If you can make all but Tyrogue be always Female (Which is how the Odd Egg acts in Crystal) then it would be perfect but it isn't really required.

But anyways I found a couple things. First, I found out that if you open the map on the Frontier Pass and then close it, the game will reset. Also that cloning glitch in Emerald that uses the Link Multi option in the Battle Tower is still in which is no problem really.

Overall, I really like this hack so far and I look forward when it's finished and see what kind of different features it has that the original didn't have, which I really do like.

EDIT 2: Just found something very serious: That Old Man in the Ecruteak Gym right? After awakening the Legendary Beasts, he disappears and you can enter the Gym right? Well he does disappear but the script still activates and thus I can't get into the gym...

diegoisawesome
April 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM
So the update will be on the same link I downloaded 2.0 from on your website, right?
Yeah, it is. It's always the same link for convenience.
Awesome work so far keep it up ;)
Thanks for the comment!
I hatched a Shiny Magby from the Odd Egg! Yay!

EDIT: OK I see it has an increased Shiny Ratio but who cares really. I'm keeping the shinies I get and hoarding them all to my DS games. I love how it always has Dizzy Punch to keep it canon which I really like. Good job on that. If you can make all but Tyrogue be always Female (Which is how the Odd Egg acts in Crystal) then it would be perfect but it isn't really required.

But anyways I found a couple things. First, I found out that if you open the map on the Frontier Pass and then close it, the game will reset. Also that cloning glitch in Emerald that uses the Link Multi option in the Battle Tower is still in which is no problem really.

Overall, I really like this hack so far and I look forward when it's finished and see what kind of different features it has that the original didn't have, which I really do like.

EDIT 2: Just found something very serious: That Old Man in the Ecruteak Gym right? After awakening the Legendary Beasts, he disappears and you can enter the Gym right? Well he does disappear but the script still activates and thus I can't get into the gym...
Congrats! By the way, it's not an increased shiny ratio, it's the exact same as Japanese Pokémon Crystal. And I can't make them always female except for Tyrogue, sorry.

You are using an older version of the patch, so that's why you were even able to get the Pass or have that Ecruteak Gym glitch... Just update and you should be fine.

Shiny Zoroark96
April 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Why this rom don't work for gpSP after fixed?

Aussie Riolu
April 24th, 2012, 11:38 PM
You are using an older version of the patch, so that's why you were even able to get the Pass or have that Ecruteak Gym glitch... Just update and you should be fine.

The latest is v2.0 right? That's what I'm using and I have that glitch...That's the latest patch I found on your site.

EDIT: Just a little thing. Elekid should be able to learn Ice Punch but it can't in this hack. :/

0shawott
April 25th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I still can't seem to give Kenya to the guard on Route 31: http://d.pr/i/p0oi
When I tried the Bug Catching Contest for the first time, this happened and I could not progress: http://d.pr/i/8qoQ
But the next time I tried, it worked perfectly, so that's not a problem.
Also, is there any way to edit the speed and handling of the Bicycle? I don't know about anyone else, but I find it very hard to use. That's pretty minor, and other than these couple of things I think this hack is really great! I never really enjoyed playing Liquid Crystal, I got up to Cherrygrove and it didn't really appeal to me, but this hack really does and I have enjoyed it very much so far.

diegoisawesome
April 26th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Why this rom don't work for gpSP after fixed?
I don't know what you mean. What 'fix', and what doesn't work?
The latest is v2.0 right? That's what I'm using and I have that glitch...That's the latest patch I found on your site.

EDIT: Just a little thing. Elekid should be able to learn Ice Punch but it can't in this hack. :/
It's actually the same link and it still says 2.0, but it's updated with the fixes. Including the one about Ice punch, sorry about that!
I still can't seem to give Kenya to the guard on Route 31: http://d.pr/i/p0oi
When I tried the Bug Catching Contest for the first time, this happened and I could not progress: http://d.pr/i/8qoQ
But the next time I tried, it worked perfectly, so that's not a problem.
Also, is there any way to edit the speed and handling of the Bicycle? I don't know about anyone else, but I find it very hard to use. That's pretty minor, and other than these couple of things I think this hack is really great! I never really enjoyed playing Liquid Crystal, I got up to Cherrygrove and it didn't really appeal to me, but this hack really does and I have enjoyed it very much so far.
Actually, you're not supposed to give Kenya to that guard. There's someone else on that route, and he fits the description of a 'fat, lazy guy' pretty darn well.
Next time you or anyone else gets this freezing issue, could you make a save state file and send it to me? I can't actually get it to freeze...
Sorry, I can't fix the bike's handling speed...
Also, thanks for the praise! I always appreciate comments like that!

0shawott
April 26th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Actually, you're not supposed to give Kenya to that guard. There's someone else on that route, and he fits the description of a 'fat, lazy guy' pretty darn well.
Next time you or anyone else gets this freezing issue, could you make a save state file and send it to me? I can't actually get it to freeze...
Sorry, I can't fix the bike's handling speed...
Also, thanks for the praise! I always appreciate comments like that!
Sorry, I actually skipped through the text where the guard gave you the Pokémon, and just assumed he wanted you to give it to another guard. Thanks for telling me!
And yeah, next time it freezes I'll send you a safe state.
Oh, by the way, I didn't know if you planned on inserting sprites for things like the Red Scale, Blue Card, etc.?

Shiny Zoroark96
April 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
I mean, after fixed some bug your Pokemon Crystal dust Roms, it's don't work on my gpSP symbian emulator, it's white screen on my emulator.But if I play it on VGBA it's working. Before your fixed it, it's work on my gpSP

Sorry if my english is bad because I'm Indonesian

diegoisawesome
April 27th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Sorry, I actually skipped through the text where the guard gave you the Pokémon, and just assumed he wanted you to give it to another guard. Thanks for telling me!
And yeah, next time it freezes I'll send you a safe state.
Oh, by the way, I didn't know if you planned on inserting sprites for things like the Red Scale, Blue Card, etc.?
Okay, thanks for the help!
And yes, I am planning on making sprites for them in the future.
I mean, after fixed some bug your Pokemon Crystal dust Roms, it's don't work on my gpSP emulator symbian, but it's work in VisualGB. Before your fixed it, it's work on my gpSP
Oh, that's probably because I made the patch in a way to fix an inner ROM dump bug. You need to use a gPSP ROM configuration file with configuration for Emerald to make it work correctly.

Maxim
April 28th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Okay, thanks for the help!
And yes, I am planning on making sprites for them in the future.

I think you should swallow your pride and just use their HGSS sprites. You won't make anything better and I think it's such a minor thing that it wouldn't hurt at all. Those sprites just fit perfectly. The only item you should resprite is Clear Bell, because it looks really strange in HGSS (but please, don't make it merely a blue-colored Soothe Bell).

Fanmade sprites of those things always suck - Red Scale is always recolored DeepSeaScale, SuperPotion is a recolored Potion (although it was never supposed to be a Potion at the first place, it's an English translation fail), Clear Bell is a recolored Soothe Bell etc. Previous fanremakes have given me bad experiences.

What this game needs is new tilesets for Johto (because of the reliance on FRLG tilesets, Johto seems bland), not something such unimportant like item sprites (when most HGSS sprites work just fine).

diegoisawesome
April 28th, 2012, 05:44 AM
I think you should swallow your pride and just use their HGSS sprites. You won't make anything better and I think it's such a minor thing that it wouldn't hurt at all. Those sprites just fit perfectly. The only item you should resprite is Clear Bell, because it looks really strange in HGSS (but please, don't make it merely a blue-colored Soothe Bell).

Fanmade sprites of those things always suck - Red Scale is always recolored DeepSeaScale, SuperPotion is a recolored Potion (although it was never supposed to be a Potion at the first place, it's an English translation fail), Clear Bell is a recolored Soothe Bell etc. Previous fanremakes have given me bad experiences.

What this game needs is new tilesets for Johto (because of the reliance on FRLG tilesets, Johto seems bland), not something such unimportant like item sprites (when most HGSS sprites work just fine).
Well, when I said 'make', I didn't strictly mean that I would actually make the sprites myself. I've used HG/SS item sprites in the past (Apricorns, Apricorn Balls, and the Mystery Egg). I just meant that I would get around to inserting them in the future.

Also, I realize that Johto needs a new tileset, but I can't make one and nobody else has stepped up as a spriter. So until I can find a spriter, it's staying the same...

Shiny Zoroark96
April 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/shiningbeauty/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7151073#post7151073)
Oh, that's probably because I made the patch in a way to fix an inner ROM dump bug. You need to use a gPSP ROM configuration file with configuration for Emerald to make it work correctly.Where I find gpSP ROM configuration Emerald?

0shawott
April 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Also, I realize that Johto needs a new tileset, but I can't make one and nobody else has stepped up as a spriter. So until I can find a spriter, it's staying the same...
Why don't you use public tiles like these (http://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/tiles)?

diegoisawesome
April 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Where I find gpSP ROM configuration Emerald?
Just look online for 'gpsp game_config.txt'. It's not that hard to find.
Why don't you use public tiles like these (http://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/tiles)?
I don't want to use those tiles because they don't fit the style I'm going for.

Chaos Rush
April 29th, 2012, 12:36 AM
SuperPotion is a recolored Potion (although it was never supposed to be a Potion
It's not a translation fail. The Japanese name for Potion is kizu gusuri (which means medicine/ointment), while the Japanese for Super Potion is ii kizu gusuri, which means "good" medicine/ointment. And the Japanese name for Hyper Potion is sugoi kizu gusuri, which means "amazing" medicine/ointment. I really don't see how they're translation fails, they're just subtly changed for the sake of localization. What, were you expecting them to be called, "Ointment", "Good Ointment", and "Amazing Ointment"?

@diegoisawesome: Just letting you know that your hack has some serious glitches when saving on actual hardware.

Maxim
April 29th, 2012, 05:51 AM
It's not a translation fail. The Japanese name for Potion is kizu gusuri (which means medicine/ointment), while the Japanese for Super Potion is ii kizu gusuri, which means "good" medicine/ointment. And the Japanese name for Hyper Potion is sugoi kizu gusuri, which means "amazing" medicine/ointment. I really don't see how they're translation fails, they're just subtly changed for the sake of localization. What, were you expecting them to be called, "Ointment", "Good Ointment", and "Amazing Ointment"?

F**k. Of course I meant SecretPotion.

Who on the Earth would need to resprite SuperPotion?

Joshawott
April 29th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Ah, another second generation remake. I say that happily as those were my favourite games in the series. Will there be any new areas, or any such thing? How about third generation Pokémon? Remixed music? Anyhow, you appear to have a lot of work done so I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of the hack.

diegoisawesome
April 29th, 2012, 06:46 AM

@diegoisawesome: Just letting you know that your hack has some serious glitches when saving on actual hardware.
Yeah, I know that saving on real hardware has massive glitches; this is caused by JPAN's 'fixed' variable hack. He released a fix for it, but only for FireRed...
F**k. Of course I meant SecretPotion.

Who on the Earth would need to resprite SuperPotion?
Haha, I knew what you meant.
Ah, another second generation remake. I say that happily as those were my favourite games in the series. Will there be any new areas, or any such thing? How about third generation Pokémon? Remixed music? Anyhow, you appear to have a lot of work done so I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of the hack.
Well, if you consider a new region to be a new area... ;)
Third gen Pokémon? In the new region.
Remixed music? Already in.
Thanks for the post!

pineapple juice
April 30th, 2012, 04:08 PM
This beats LiquidCrystal & ShinyGold(X) by a long shot, I love what you did with the PokeNav!

Aussie Riolu
April 30th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hmm strange. I just updated and that Ecruteak Gym glitch still happens although that Ice Punch thing is fixed. Maybe because I activated that script on accident which caused it to repeat?

I do have a save state before it happened so I'll have to test that out later...

diegoisawesome
May 2nd, 2012, 03:47 AM
This beats LiquidCrystal & ShinyGold(X) by a long shot, I love what you did with the PokeNav!
Thanks!
Hmm strange. I just updated and that Ecruteak Gym glitch still happens although that Ice Punch thing is fixed. Maybe because I activated that script on accident which caused it to repeat?

I do have a save state before it happened so I'll have to test that out later...
That's really odd... Try that save file out and report what happens.

ssj.mewto
May 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
awesome Remake! ive played Liquid Crystal but i hate that its hard

diegoisawesome
May 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
awesome Remake! ive played Liquid Crystal but i hate that its hard
Yeah, they changed the levels to make it more like recent games. I've kept the levels the same because of the way I remade Crystal. Glad to hear you're enjoying CrystalDust!

Skitty1
May 6th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Looks fun however the name sounds like a drug :p

Crackhead: Time to snort some CrystalDust! >:3

Aussie Riolu
May 7th, 2012, 03:21 AM
OK just checked it. If you activate that script in Ecruteak Gym before awakening the Legendary Beasts, it will infinitely loop when you go in there. If you awaken them first and then go to the Gym, it won't activate at all and you can challenge the Gym Leader.

EDIT: Actually...I just tested it again but activating the script before the beasts. It doesn't activate now. Apparently since the save was from the older beta, it caused glitches. My bad... I think because I activated the script on an older beta, it caused it. But it seems to work fine when I went back to an older save state, saved and then reset so the newer beta was applied or something like that.

diegoisawesome
May 7th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Looks fun however the name sounds like a drug :p

Crackhead: Time to snort some CrystalDust! >:3
Cannot unthink... O.O
OK just checked it. If you activate that script in Ecruteak Gym before awakening the Legendary Beasts, it will infinitely loop when you go in there. If you awaken them first and then go to the Gym, it won't activate at all and you can challenge the Gym Leader.

EDIT: Actually...I just tested it again but activating the script before the beasts. It doesn't activate now. Apparently since the save was from the older beta, it caused glitches. My bad... I think because I activated the script on an older beta, it caused it. But it seems to work fine when I went back to an older save state, saved and then reset so the newer beta was applied or something like that.
Glad to hear you've sorted out your issue. I'm happy you're able to keep playing!

Shiny Zoroark96
May 8th, 2012, 12:52 AM
I finished played on VBA, and I not found some bug.
But, when I played it on gpSP,
I found 2 bug.
1.I can't go to Ecruteak City gym
2.After I defeated my rival in Burned tower, I can defeated him again

Sorry if my English is bad

diegoisawesome
May 8th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I finished played on VBA, and I not found some bug.
But, when I played it on gpSP,
I found 2 bug.
1.I can't go to Ecruteak City gym
2.After I defeated my rival in Burned tower, I can defeated him again

Sorry if my English is bad
Both of those glitches are fixed in the latest version of the game. You can download it from the link in the first post.

faltora
May 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Great hack so far. How far can you go in Kanto?
Is Lugia & Ho-Oh catchable yet?
And last but not least, any approx time until beta 3 is done?

Best Regards,
Faltora

diegoisawesome
May 10th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Great hack so far. How far can you go in Kanto?
Is Lugia & Ho-Oh catchable yet?
And last but not least, any approx time until beta 3 is done?

Best Regards,
Faltora
1. You can go to Indigo Plateau in Kanto.
2. The legendary birds are not catchable yet.
3. No ETA yet, sorry.

faltora
May 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
1. You can go to Indigo Plateau in Kanto.
2. The legendary birds are not catchable yet.
3. No ETA yet, sorry.

Thanks for the fast answer. Alot of my budds(9 peeps) have started playing this hack on our EZ Flash IVs and enjoy it very much. May I ask how much you have done since the last update? :)

Edit: Also is trading working? We haven't had time to test it out yet.

Edit2: The rival encounter in the Tower where you first meet Euisune seems bugged. The game just freezes. :<

diegoisawesome
May 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the fast answer. Alot of my budds(9 peeps) have started playing this hack on our EZ Flash IVs and enjoy it very much. May I ask how much you have done since the last update? :)

Edit: Also is trading working? We haven't had time to test it out yet.

Edit2: The rival encounter in the Tower where you first meet Euisune seems bugged. The game just freezes. :<
When did you download the patch? That glitch was already fixed a while ago...

faltora
May 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
When did you download the patch? That glitch was already fixed a while ago...

Got it from your website, o15.com.

And the link labeled: "Download the Latest CrystalDust IPS Patch (2.0)!"

Edit: Tested it on the computer too with my save file, but it still says something like "Rival a " *text is removed* *music continues* and the game freezes. :/ Happend
for all of my buds. I played this before once and I never had any issues before.

diegoisawesome
May 11th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Got it from your website, o15.com.

And the link labeled: "Download the Latest CrystalDust IPS Patch (2.0)!"

Edit: Tested it on the computer too with my save file, but it still says something like "Rival a " *text is removed* *music continues* and the game freezes. :/ Happend
for all of my buds. I played this before once and I never had any issues before.
Well, I asked when, not where, but that's a different bug altogether. Can EZFlash save 128kb files? If so, set them to save that type of file. This glitch is happening because of the rival's name being deleted in the save file. Also, there's not much I can do for your current save file, unless you send it to me. Then I might be able to try to fix it manually.

faltora
May 11th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Well, I asked when, not where, but that's a different bug altogether. Can EZFlash save 128kb files? If so, set them to save that type of file. This glitch is happening because of the rival's name being deleted in the save file. Also, there's not much I can do for your current save file, unless you send it to me. Then I might be able to try to fix it manually.

I'll PM it to you later tonight. And yes it does save in 128kb files. But yeah please try to fix it.

PokemonGiratinaX
May 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Wow! What A Good Remakes :D!

diegoisawesome
May 11th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I'll PM it to you later tonight. And yes it does save in 128kb files. But yeah please try to fix it.
I haven't yet gotten the PM...
Wow! What A Good Remakes :D!
Thanks for the comment!

matheusinho09
May 12th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Yoooo, man! I'm almost crying here! This is awesome!!!
One of the best hacks i've ever played... I remembered when I used to play Pokemon Silver... f*ck, this is great

I have an idea for your hack: could you put the Orange League into? It would be perfect...

James4832
May 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM
ETA on next version? Please. PS Best crystal remake i've seen.

diegoisawesome
May 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Yoooo, man! I'm almost crying here! This is awesome!!!
One of the best hacks i've ever played... I remembered when I used to play Pokemon Silver... f*ck, this is great

I have an idea for your hack: could you put the Orange League into? It would be perfect...
Wow, thanks for the enthusiasm! Also, no Orange Islands. Instead, CrystalDust will feature the Sevii Islands from FR/LG, three years later.
ETA on next version? Please. PS Best crystal remake i've seen.
No ETA, sorry. I'm putting it on pause right now to work on other things.

James4832
May 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM
OK thank you for quick reply. Hope you get back into it.

Shiny Zoroark96
May 12th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I played it on my gpSP emulator, and I don't found a bug, good job !!!

If I may ask, do you plan to make battle frontier ?

matheusinho09
May 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Diego, can you help me? I didn't find the answer, but the pokemons that only evolve by trade, in this game evolve by level, right?

robxu9
May 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I don't know if I've mentioned this before (have I? It's been so long...), but have you ever considered using Ealgrete's music in this? (Or asked him?) The music in here feels so close to Liquid Crystal, and that music makes my ears want to bleed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27ZiFnhc9U for a sample.

diegoisawesome
May 13th, 2012, 08:05 PM
OK thank you for quick reply. Hope you get back into it.
Don't worry, I will.
I played it on my gpSP emulator, and I don't found a bug, good job !!!

If I may ask, do you plan to make battle frontier ?
yes, I'm planning on making the Frontier. The thing is, I need a lot of FireRed style graphics for it.
Diego, can you help me? I didn't find the answer, but the pokemons that only evolve by trade, in this game evolve by level, right?
Some do, but others evolve other ways as well. For instance, some may require leveling up with an item.
I don't know if I've mentioned this before (have I? It's been so long...), but have you ever considered using Ealgrete's music in this? (Or asked him?) The music in here feels so close to Liquid Crystal, and that music makes my ears want to bleed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27ZiFnhc9U for a sample.
Honestly, the music already inserted is good (and definitely not the kind that will make your ears bleed). However, I do agree that Ealgrete's music would be good. I've already asked them to make music for me, but they barely ever respond. I guess I can just keep trying.

PokemonHow
May 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I can only trade pokemon from Emerald but not from kanto and johto Pokemon. Probably we still yet to unlock the National Dex throughout the game? So, when can we trade pokemon from fire red?

hax999
May 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Pretty awesome hack man, but I found a little bug, after you trade with the man in goldenrod city a machop for an abra, after you talk to him again he will ask you to trade again, it's nothing big though.

diegoisawesome
May 16th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I can only trade pokemon from Emerald but not from kanto and johto Pokemon. Probably we still yet to unlock the National Dex throughout the game? So, when can we trade pokemon from fire red?
Hm? I didn't realize that you could only trade Pokémon from within the Hoenn Dex... I honestly thought that by changing the dex, that problem would go away... Looks like I'll have to do more research.
Pretty awesome hack man, but I found a little bug, after you trade with the man in goldenrod city a machop for an abra, after you talk to him again he will ask you to trade again, it's nothing big though.
My bad, it was a flag left over from the trade in Violet. Fixed and uploaded.

Aruaruu
May 18th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Wait..Does this have all 386 obtainable? Saw the pokenav pokegear and I exploded with excitement.

hax999
May 18th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I defeated the elite four, is this the end of the beta? Professor Elm didnt give me the pass for the boat to go to Kanto

Asuf
May 18th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I've always ignored this thread for some reason, I've played Shiny Gold and Liquid Crystal and thought well these hackers definately are the only ones who can remake this game (G/S/C), I got bored today and tried yours...
It is amazing! I can't really explain it, but I find it more enjoyable than the other two and I'm only up to Falkner!
I wish you good luck in finishing the game, your nearly there it seems, keep at it :) I'll continue playing BETA 2, Good work! :D

urho18
May 20th, 2012, 02:44 AM
if i remember correctly team rocket is supposed to take over the radio station after you beat the gym in mahogany town. i copied my save from beta 1, in which i had just caugth sudowoodo, to beta 2 and after i had gotten to ecruteak city and went back to goldenrod team rocket had taken over the radio tower. i couldn't even beat the 2 first raticates. does this happen 'couse some events might mess up from copying save from beta 1 to beta 2?

diegoisawesome
May 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Wait..Does this have all 386 obtainable? Saw the pokenav pokegear and I exploded with excitement.
Sadly, not all 386 are available... yet. ;)
I defeated the elite four, is this the end of the beta? Professor Elm didnt give me the pass for the boat to go to Kanto
Yeah, Beta 2 ends after the Indigo Plateau. Hope you enjoyed the game!
I've always ignored this thread for some reason, I've played Shiny Gold and Liquid Crystal and thought well these hackers definately are the only ones who can remake this game (G/S/C), I got bored today and tried yours...
It is amazing! I can't really explain it, but I find it more enjoyable than the other two and I'm only up to Falkner!
I wish you good luck in finishing the game, your nearly there it seems, keep at it :) I'll continue playing BETA 2, Good work! :D
Glad you think so! But finishing the game is still a long way away. After all, I have two regions left to make!
if i remember correctly team rocket is supposed to take over the radio station after you beat the gym in mahogany town. i copied my save from beta 1, in which i had just caugth sudowoodo, to beta 2 and after i had gotten to ecruteak city and went back to goldenrod team rocket had taken over the radio tower. i couldn't even beat the 2 first raticates. does this happen 'couse some events might mess up from copying save from beta 1 to beta 2?
Yeah, it's never a good idea to use a save file from an older beta for my hacks. Restart the game from scratch to ensure things like this don't happen.

jRpopopop
May 21st, 2012, 11:45 PM
when is the next beta will be released?

is entei and raiku cachable in this hack?

Aruaruu
May 22nd, 2012, 05:55 AM
Sadly, not all 386 are available... yet. ;)

:] That "yet" made me happy.

off topic: Anybody know a way I can remove the roaming legendary Pokemon in Fire Red?

The Zororoaster
May 22nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
This hack is so cool! I really like the little touches you put in here, like the full Pokegear. I cannot wait until it is fully completed.

diegoisawesome
May 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
when is the next beta will be released?

is entei and raiku cachable in this hack?
Entei and Raikou are not yet available.
:] That "yet" made me happy.

off topic: Anybody know a way I can remove the roaming legendary Pokemon in Fire Red?
I'm glad to see that my response made you happy, but this isn't exactly the right thread to ask about legendary Pokémon in FireRed, even if that part is off topic...
This hack is so cool! I really like the little touches you put in here, like the full Pokegear. I cannot wait until it is fully completed.
You and me both. :)

jRpopopop
May 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
Oh.i thought entei and raiku is available in this hack.i got so excited that i finished your hack in just 1 day of playing :)))

scripps34
May 24th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I've only been playing this hack for the past 10 minutes, and already I can say that this is without a doubt, the best hack I have ever played. The attention to detail is absolutely fantastic.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one for sure!

diegoisawesome
May 25th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Oh.i thought entei and raiku is available in this hack.i got so excited that i finished your hack in just 1 day of playing :)))
Sorry that Entei and Raikou aren't in, but glad to see you liked it so much you finishde it quickly.
I've only been playing this hack for the past 10 minutes, and already I can say that this is without a doubt, the best hack I have ever played. The attention to detail is absolutely fantastic.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one for sure!
Wow, thanks for all the praise!

Gregas
May 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM
What hatches from the Odd Egg?

Doa
May 27th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I am generally difficult to impress, but I must say that this is a very good hack. Using Emerald was a neat touch, and this is the most detailed Johto remake I've seen yet.

Being an analyst of details myself, I noticed a couple of bugs:
- When I got Youngster Joey's number, the PokeGear (nice job on editing the PokeNav, by the way) registered him as a Union Cave trainer.
- I said yes to Bug Catcher Wade's number, but it didn't show up at all.

I think those might simply be difficult to script, but has anyone else noticed any problems with the PokeGear?

Also, nice work with the custom music. It's comparable to Liquid Crystal's (which I didn't like at first, but changed my mind on), but different.

vezix
May 30th, 2012, 05:20 AM
ok,i really like this hack without a doubt. there only several things need to fix like pokegear when i registered others name it would not appear... and in goldenrod department store there should be no roof as like overworld sprite have and during the night the roof are like still during day . and the radio does not work? ok wait till new beta!!!!!! I LIKE THIS HACK THE MOST!!

mavy42
June 1st, 2012, 01:01 AM
are there any updates?
tis is off topic but pls continue shining opal after you're done with this!
tnx!

days
June 6th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Sounds promising given the reviews

string3r
June 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Do pokemon that required evolving by trading evolve normally?

Rokou
June 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I am generally difficult to impress, but I must say that this is a very good hack. Using Emerald was a neat touch, and this is the most detailed Johto remake I've seen yet.I was about to say something like this.

This is actually one of the best hacks I ever played, your effort and endurance is just amazing. I hope you'll finish this masterpiece.

diegoisawesome
June 9th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I am generally difficult to impress, but I must say that this is a very good hack. Using Emerald was a neat touch, and this is the most detailed Johto remake I've seen yet.

Being an analyst of details myself, I noticed a couple of bugs:
- When I got Youngster Joey's number, the PokeGear (nice job on editing the PokeNav, by the way) registered him as a Union Cave trainer.
- I said yes to Bug Catcher Wade's number, but it didn't show up at all.

I think those might simply be difficult to script, but has anyone else noticed any problems with the PokeGear?

Also, nice work with the custom music. It's comparable to Liquid Crystal's (which I didn't like at first, but changed my mind on), but different.
Thanks for the praise! The reason that you can't get the numbers of standard trainers is because I still haven't found a way to create them.
ok,i really like this hack without a doubt. there only several things need to fix like pokegear when i registered others name it would not appear... and in goldenrod department store there should be no roof as like overworld sprite have and during the night the roof are like still during day . and the radio does not work? ok wait till new beta!!!!!! I LIKE THIS HACK THE MOST!!
Whoops, my bad on the roof of the Dept. Store. Fixed and uploaded.
What hatches from the Odd Egg?
Read up on how the Odd Egg works in Japanese Pokémon Crystal; they're the same chances.
are there any updates?
tis is off topic but pls continue shining opal after you're done with this!
tnx!
Don't worry, work is expected to start on Shining Opal soon.
Sounds promising given the reviews
Try it out! I'm pretty sure you'll like it.
Do pokemon that required evolving by trading evolve normally?
Well, they don't use trade evolutions. Find out how they evolve now on your own!
I was about to say something like this.

This is actually one of the best hacks I ever played, your effort and endurance is just amazing. I hope you'll finish this masterpiece.
Thank you! I love reading comments like this - they make me feel like working.

ProSynchro
June 10th, 2012, 12:14 AM
i dont like this hack manly because rattata and pidge have weird poses

jj_olli
June 11th, 2012, 07:03 AM

Well, you don't like the original Emerald sprites? That's okay, make better ones and show 'em to everyone.

Projectwolfie
June 12th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I have to say, I agree with the comments lately comparing Crystaldust to other remakes of Gen 2. Crystaldust just... feels a lot more authentic, I guess I should say. It really does what it says on the tin, and that's exactly what I've been looking for. It's also a lot better on plenty of levels than other hacks of this variety that I've played.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for Kanto to be finished.

diegoisawesome
June 13th, 2012, 05:26 AM

Well, you don't like the original Emerald sprites? That's okay, make better ones and show 'em to everyone.
Thanks. Not liking a hack simply for the sprites (which have been unchanged from Emerald anyways) is never a good idea.
I have to say, I agree with the comments lately comparing Crystaldust to other remakes of Gen 2. Crystaldust just... feels a lot more authentic, I guess I should say. It really does what it says on the tin, and that's exactly what I've been looking for. It's also a lot better on plenty of levels than other hacks of this variety that I've played.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for Kanto to be finished.
Thank you! I'm guessing that feeling a lot more authentic comes from doing a very accurate and no-cut-corners remake.