PDA

View Full Version : Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

ADLFM14
June 13th, 2012, 05:46 AM
i really loved the idea for making a story of my fav gbc game pokemon crystal a gba game really nice keep up the good work dude

vezix
June 15th, 2012, 08:36 PM
hey .... is the haircut shop at underground at goldenrod city never opened?

leachim_paloyz15
June 15th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Waaa! This looks awesome! ^^
I just downloaded the BETA 2, we'll see.

diegoisawesome
June 26th, 2012, 07:13 PM
i really loved the idea for making a story of my fav gbc game pokemon crystal a gba game really nice keep up the good work dude
Thanks! Glad you liked it!
hey .... is the haircut shop at underground at goldenrod city never opened?
Sorry, not in this beta.
Waaa! This looks awesome! ^^
I just downloaded the BETA 2, we'll see.
Hope you enjoy the hack!

Chaos Rush
June 27th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Since this hack is supposed to be very authentic, I'm just curious, but why are you using Kanto trees in Johto? G/S/C had taller, pointer trees for Johto, and Kanto just used the exact tree tiles from the Japanese Red & Green versions.

To make it more "authentic", I think you should use a custom tree for Johto, and then use the FR/LG trees for Kanto.

helmy96
July 1st, 2012, 11:52 PM
Another crystal remake! Finish this and let's play liquid crystal as well and compare them :D Love how you stayed true to the game!

diegoisawesome
July 2nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Since this hack is supposed to be very authentic, I'm just curious, but why are you using Kanto trees in Johto? G/S/C had taller, pointer trees for Johto, and Kanto just used the exact tree tiles from the Japanese Red & Green versions.

To make it more "authentic", I think you should use a custom tree for Johto, and then use the FR/LG trees for Kanto.
Well, I'd like a lot of things to look different in Johto, but when I asked for a tiler to see what they could do (because current public tiles aren't what I'm looking for) nobody stepped up/suggested what I needed. When I can get nice, FireRed-styled Johto tiles, then I will certainly insert them.
Another crystal remake! Finish this and let's play liquid crystal as well and compare them :D Love how you stayed true to the game!
Thank you! Glad you like it!

The Brahma Bull
July 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Hey! Been long time...
Why the dragonair in blackthorn city(house with old lady) stays still like a doll... It doesnt face at u when talked from other sides...
I found all the weekly siblings except for Santos of saturday... I looked everywhere in blackthorn city but he is just not there...
Anyway still great hack & desparately waiting for the next beta... Keep us updating if u r working on it...

Eru_Paul
July 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Hi! I found a mistake when you walk around the Tin Tower, you can walk through between the trees and the left side of the tower.

I anxiously expect the next beta (and I hope I don't have to erase my sav. hahaha)

The Brahma Bull
July 5th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Hi! I think you should use the battle tower building either from ruby/sapphire or emerald because the current building that you are using resembles a trainer tower of firered which is not a battle tower...
Battle tower in R/S/E,HG/SS,D/P/Pt are similar as Game freak intended it to be... Battle tower & trainer tower from fired are two separate towers...

YogiBerra
July 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Hello,

I downloaded the most recent beta a few days ago and immediately fell in love. This is one of the best made hacks I have ever seen. I just finished reading the thread and wanted to report to you how great this is. I am currently in Ice Path and in no hurry to finish the beta anytime soon.

The Pokegear is great, the day/night system is good, everything is spot on to Crystal (except for the Headbutt trees lacking the entire list of Pokemon they should have ;_; oh well). I have no complaints other than the Phone Card not working, but I have faith in your ability to fix that in the future.

You've said you're looking for a tile maker, and nobody has really stepped up. Well, although I have very little experience making tiles specifically, I know my way around some image editing programs and am a quick study, so I would be willing to help. If you're interested, send me a PM and we can discuss. Although I will admit I didn't really notice anything too terribly similar to the Kanto region from FireRed other than the trees, but that's probably because I'm not terribly observant.

I also wanted to thank you for making your XSE tutorial way back whenever you made it. It has really helped me a lot in my own hacking endeavors (limited as they may be currently) and I appreciate it a lot.

Great hack, and I'm really looking forward to another beta, and eventually the full release. If you want or need any help I would be fully willing to provide my services, I've done a bit of hacking and am currently (passively) working on a hack of my own.

diegoisawesome
July 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Hey! Been long time...
Why the dragonair in blackthorn city(house with old lady) stays still like a doll... It doesnt face at u when talked from other sides...
I found all the weekly siblings except for Santos of saturday... I looked everywhere in blackthorn city but he is just not there...
Anyway still great hack & desparately waiting for the next beta... Keep us updating if u r working on it...
Santos of Saturday should be on the other side of the right-hand ledge under the gym. The bug has been fixed and uploaded.
Hi! I found a mistake when you walk around the Tin Tower, you can walk through between the trees and the left side of the tower.

I anxiously expect the next beta (and I hope I don't have to erase my sav. hahaha)
Fixed and uploaded. Just letting you know, you'll probably have to restart because I'm constantly adding flags and variables to be set before the game starts.
Hi! I think you should use the battle tower building either from ruby/sapphire or emerald because the current building that you are using resembles a trainer tower of firered which is not a battle tower...
Battle tower in R/S/E,HG/SS,D/P/Pt are similar as Game freak intended it to be... Battle tower & trainer tower from fired are two separate towers...
Well, I would use the tiles for the Battle Tower, but they don't fit with FireRed's graphical style.
Hello,

I downloaded the most recent beta a few days ago and immediately fell in love. This is one of the best made hacks I have ever seen. I just finished reading the thread and wanted to report to you how great this is. I am currently in Ice Path and in no hurry to finish the beta anytime soon.

The Pokegear is great, the day/night system is good, everything is spot on to Crystal (except for the Headbutt trees lacking the entire list of Pokemon they should have ;_; oh well). I have no complaints other than the Phone Card not working, but I have faith in your ability to fix that in the future.

You've said you're looking for a tile maker, and nobody has really stepped up. Well, although I have very little experience making tiles specifically, I know my way around some image editing programs and am a quick study, so I would be willing to help. If you're interested, send me a PM and we can discuss. Although I will admit I didn't really notice anything too terribly similar to the Kanto region from FireRed other than the trees, but that's probably because I'm not terribly observant.

I also wanted to thank you for making your XSE tutorial way back whenever you made it. It has really helped me a lot in my own hacking endeavors (limited as they may be currently) and I appreciate it a lot.

Great hack, and I'm really looking forward to another beta, and eventually the full release. If you want or need any help I would be fully willing to provide my services, I've done a bit of hacking and am currently (passively) working on a hack of my own.
Thanks for the offer and praise! As an example of your ability, can you send me trees that are in the FireRed style of graphics but resemble the trees from GSC? They need to be as big as FireRed's trees too.

Whispeon
July 10th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Absolutely fantastic. The best Crystal remake I've ever played! (well, the first, too, but that's not important)

I've found a couple of hitches along the way. They aren't hugely important, but it will help make the game a little better:
-You got Entei and Raikou's cries the wrong way round when you release the dogs from the burned tower.
-In the house on the route to the League (forgot which route it is), if you click the radio, it says something about books instead.

Also, I would maybe suggest putting the Pokémon Contest hall where the Pokéatholon is in HGSS (although considering you want Johto to be pretty much the same as it is in Crystal, I'd imagine something like this would go on one of the Sevii Islands.

YogiBerra
July 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the offer and praise! As an example of your ability, can you send me trees that are in the FireRed style of graphics but resemble the trees from GSC? They need to be as big as FireRed's trees too.I'm working on this now, and I've basically finished except for the coloring, which I find is the hardest part of spriting. But as soon as I'm finished I will PM you the image.

Dimebag
July 16th, 2012, 01:13 AM
I love this hack !!!! It's great! But one of the things i don't like very much is the tiles...Why ????? Why did you use FR/LG tiles in an emerald hack ? ( since emerald's tileset is awesome) . Other than that the hack looks good.I'll play it when it's finished ;) oh and this game will be a 100% remake of crystal right ? or it will have a post game quest ? ( like liquid crystal has orange islands ) And finally, is beta 3 the final one ?

sir.euge
July 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Lemme make you feel good! This game feels very authentic and true to the Johto region. Lovin' it!

Lugiaz Soul
July 17th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I can't believe I still haven't finished the game! I had like a bunch of screenies saved on my phone with some wall glitches but they got erased. So far, so good!

nakroz
July 18th, 2012, 09:43 AM
awesome work man !! i havent play the hack yet, i'll wait the final version but, i have just few questions:
1. How i can rematch the trainers ? (like in emerald or like in red fire?)
2. what did u do for the pokmn which evolve by trading ?
3. will be there all pokemon until the third gen ?
4. the moves will have a distinction from physical and special or will be like the other game until the third gen ?
sorry hope u understand my english s bad ;)

Eru_Paul
July 19th, 2012, 06:58 AM
It's a really small detail, but in the battle towerm the trainers have Hoenn pokémon... (I really hate 3rd gen pokémon xD), shouldn't it be only Kanto/Johto Pokémon?

awesome work man !! i havent play the hack yet, i'll wait the final version but, i have just few questions:
4. the moves will have a distinction from physical and special or will be like the other game until the third gen ?

1. You cannot rematch them (yet).
2. You have to guess. ;D
3. (I'll let the creator answer that - I hope not xD)
4. (I'll let the creator answer that)

diegoisawesome
July 19th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Absolutely fantastic. The best Crystal remake I've ever played! (well, the first, too, but that's not important)

I've found a couple of hitches along the way. They aren't hugely important, but it will help make the game a little better:
-You got Entei and Raikou's cries the wrong way round when you release the dogs from the burned tower.
-In the house on the route to the League (forgot which route it is), if you click the radio, it says something about books instead.

Also, I would maybe suggest putting the Pokémon Contest hall where the Pokéatholon is in HGSS (although considering you want Johto to be pretty much the same as it is in Crystal, I'd imagine something like this would go on one of the Sevii Islands.
Thanks for the comments! The two bugs you've mentioned have been fixed and the patch has been uploaded. Also, I am planning on putting the Contest Gall on one of the Islands.
I'm working on this now, and I've basically finished except for the coloring, which I find is the hardest part of spriting. But as soon as I'm finished I will PM you the image.
Thanks! Can't wait to see your work!
I love this hack !!!! It's great! But one of the things i don't like very much is the tiles...Why ????? Why did you use FR/LG tiles in an emerald hack ? ( since emerald's tileset is awesome) . Other than that the hack looks good.I'll play it when it's finished ;) oh and this game will be a 100% remake of crystal right ? or it will have a post game quest ? ( like liquid crystal has orange islands ) And finally, is beta 3 the final one ?
The reason I used FR/LG styled graphics is because, personally, I dislike RSE's graphical style. I much prefer FR/LG's style to it. Also, CrystalDust will have a post-game quest that takes place in the Sevii Isles. No, Beta 3 won't be the final beta.
Lemme make you feel good! This game feels very authentic and true to the Johto region. Lovin' it!
Thanks for the praise!
I can't believe I still haven't finished the game! I had like a bunch of screenies saved on my phone with some wall glitches but they got erased. So far, so good!
Wow, you still haven't finished it? Haha, maybe you should get to doing that? And wall glitches?
1. You can't, not yet.
2. I changed their evolutions to ones available in-game. Find out what they are!
3. There will be Pokémon from the third gen, at least in the Sevii Isles.
4. No, the Physical/Special split will not be in this hack.
Thanks for the post!

It's a really small detail, but in the battle towerm the trainers have Hoenn pokémon... (I really hate 3rd gen pokémon xD), shouldn't it be only Kanto/Johto Pokémon?

1. You cannot rematch them (yet).
2. You have to guess. ;D
3. (I'll let the creator answer that - I hope not xD)
4. (I'll let the creator answer that)
Well, the Battle Tower is still unfinished. I just basically made it playable for anyone who wanted to battle in it - I didn't refine it.

Dimebag
July 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
will all 386 be obtainable without trading ?

diegoisawesome
July 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
will all 386 be obtainable without trading ?
That's planned, but not yet.
Also, on an unrelated note, a small fix was uploaded which contains working CUTtable really tall grass.

Yukima
July 20th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Hi!

Just dropping by to say that your work is amazing. I'm looking forward to when this is completed!

There's one major glitch/error I came across when I started playing Beta 2. When I enter Elm's lab for the first time, I end up in a glitchy Battle Tower room and immediately end up fighting a trainer battle, with NO useable pokemon (of course not, I haven't gotten one yet!). I end up sending out a Missingno-like... thing... and then white out, and then end up in the middle of Tin Tower. O_o;

I tried using 3 different Emerald (U) ROMs - I'm pretty sure all 3 were clean - and the same thing has happened.

diegoisawesome
July 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Hi!

Just dropping by to say that your work is amazing. I'm looking forward to when this is completed!

There's one major glitch/error I came across when I started playing Beta 2. When I enter Elm's lab for the first time, I end up in a glitchy Battle Tower room and immediately end up fighting a trainer battle, with NO useable pokemon (of course not, I haven't gotten one yet!). I end up sending out a Missingno-like... thing... and then white out, and then end up in the middle of Tin Tower. O_o;

I tried using 3 different Emerald (U) ROMs - I'm pretty sure all 3 were clean - and the same thing has happened.
Oh man... I put that in as a test to get me to Ecruteak quickly for something with the CUTtable really tall grass.... and I left that in in the published version. Whoops! The new version has been uploaded; just redownload it and apply it.

pokevictor
July 26th, 2012, 12:32 PM
wow just wow ur incorporating two maps into the game just wow that alot of work especially preventing it from mixing time events very nice work

diegoisawesome
August 2nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
wow just wow ur incorporating two maps into the game just wow that alot of work especially preventing it from mixing time events very nice work
Thanks! It was hard work that I'm glad you enjoyed!

In other news, CrystalDust has been nominated for Hack of the Quarter! Vote here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285694

Lugiaz Soul
August 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Oh yea baby. I'ma vote for you!

Yukima
August 3rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
Just a few more things I noticed while playing through the beginning (I didn't get very far just yet!):

-My starter Pokemon's HP refilled after the first Rival battle (not that I mind, but... ^^; )
-The Pokemon catching Dude's BAG has glitchy colors (when playing as the girl)

rellikami
August 4th, 2012, 02:34 AM
[QUOTE=Yukima;7285147]

-My starter Pokemon's HP refilled after the first Rival battle (not that I mind, but... ^^; )

I believe that happens in the actual game.

Cyclone
August 4th, 2012, 04:10 AM
[QUOTE=Yukima;7285147]

I believe you are correct. It happens in the other games too (this is probably because there is no Pokémon Center), but it's not shown in every game.

Cyclone

Projectwolfie
August 4th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Not sure if this bug was mentioned yet, but I've run into a problem in the first Rival battle. The dialog happens before it and everything's working perfect, cue battle music and... black screen. Only the Rival battle music is playing and nothing else is happening.

I'm using the latest version of Gameboid if it matters.

ProSynchro
August 4th, 2012, 02:24 PM
where do i download this?

Projectwolfie
August 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Link to the site is on the first page.

rpg man
August 4th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Love it! keep it up!

um...Bug or glitch or somthing...

i found a wild shiny mewtwo in the frist route of this game and it was lv.50 0.o( same thing happened on LC only it was a shiny mew )

why!?

Cyclone
August 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Love it! keep it up!

i found a wild shiny mewtwo in the frist route of this game and it was lv.50 0.o( same thing happened on LC only it was a shiny mew )

why!?
And you didn't catch it? :P

I just asked him about this because it seemed weird to me. It's definitely not supposed to happen. I'll play it soon and grind for a while to see if I can reproduce it, but that may not happen this evening.

Cyclone

diegoisawesome
August 4th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Oh yea baby. I'ma vote for you!
Thanks for the vote!
Just a few more things I noticed while playing through the beginning (I didn't get very far just yet!):

-The Pokemon catching Dude's BAG has glitchy colors (when playing as the girl)
I'll look into the second glitch, because, as explained below...

I believe you are correct. It happens in the other games too (this is probably because there is no Pokémon Center), but it's not shown in every game.

Cyclone

Not sure if this bug was mentioned yet, but I've run into a problem in the first Rival battle. The dialog happens before it and everything's working perfect, cue battle music and... black screen. Only the Rival battle music is playing and nothing else is happening.

I'm using the latest version of Gameboid if it matters.
That's odd. I've never heard of that happening before, and I'm sure a lot of people here play on Gameboid.

Link to the site is on the first page.
Thanks for answering his question!
Love it! keep it up!

why!?
...What. I... honestly have no idea what could be. Perhaps you have cheats left on or your emulator's screwy?
And you didn't catch it? :P

I just asked him about this because it seemed weird to me. It's definitely not supposed to happen. I'll play it soon and grind for a while to see if I can reproduce it, but that may not happen this evening.

Cyclone
Thanks for helping him look into this.

Christianzeo
August 4th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Seems quite interesting, I'll have to download it, once my cat installs more rom ;)

Quickster
August 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Hey, I dont know if this is what youre looking for, but Alistair's tree tile is skinnier that the default and I figured Id link you to it just in case it works for you.
http://pkmnhackersonline.com/tiles/

diegoisawesome
August 5th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Seems quite interesting, I'll have to download it, once my cat installs more rom ;)
So your cat's the tech at your place? Interesting, my dog needs to over clock my CPU next week. :p
Hey, I dont know if this is what youre looking for, but Alistair's tree tile is skinnier that the default and I figured Id link you to it just in case it works for you.
http://pkmnhackersonline.com/tiles/
That looks nice, but it's not quite what I want. Thanks though.

Volcanix769
August 5th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I already played SG and LC since they're all related to G/S/C. So far, I heard that this game is amazing, so I'll play it. Here's my future team:
Meganium
Crobat
Aipom
Quagsire
Forretress
Magmar

Also, will the TMs be like the ones in Pokemon Crystal?

diegoisawesome
August 5th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I already played SG and LC since they're all related to G/S/C. So far, I heard that this game is amazing, so I'll play it. Here's my future team:
Meganium
Crobat
Aipom
Quagsire
Forretress
Magmar

Also, will the TMs be like the ones in Pokemon Crystal?
They already are, as well as the HMs.

Cyclone
August 5th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Also, per the comment about a Lv.50 Mewtwo earlier, I grinded on Route 29 for a while and never came across it. Must be a glitch with a previous game that was running or something.

And yes, looking very much like Crystal right now. I'm currently loitering about outside of Violet City training while constantly having Nurse Joy talk about how I'm out late. LATE? ME? BAH!

;)

Cyclone

Volcanix769
August 6th, 2012, 04:19 AM
There's a problem with the time. So I started my time at 7:09, and after an hour, it still says that. The time hasn't changed.

Cyclone
August 6th, 2012, 05:12 AM
There's a problem with the time. So I started my time at 7:09, and after an hour, it still says that. The time hasn't changed.
Did you get a message before the New Game screen popped up? It would have told you something wasn't installed. I checked and found that my Real Time Clock wasn't turned on. I had to check it then close the emulator (loading another game and returning did nothing) then try again before I could activate the clock feature, removing the message.

Cyclone

Volcanix769
August 6th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Did you get a message before the New Game screen popped up? It would have told you something wasn't installed. I checked and found that my Real Time Clock wasn't turned on. I had to check it then close the emulator (loading another game and returning did nothing) then try again before I could activate the clock feature, removing the message.

Cyclone

Oh yes, I did, due to that I had to change the emulator. Plus, about the Odd Egg, it can either be Magby, Elekid, or Smoochum? And I can't find Wooper anywhere, I checked Route 32 and Union Cave, it's not there. It's Night in my game.

rpg man
August 6th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Oh yes, I did, due to that I had to change the emulator. Plus, about the Odd Egg, it can either be Magby, Elekid, or Smoochum? And I can't find Wooper anywhere, I checked Route 32 and Union Cave, it's not there. It's Night in my game.

Werid i got a whooper! REAL EASY

Volcanix769
August 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM

Wait, where did you get it at?

diegoisawesome
August 6th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Also, per the comment about a Lv.50 Mewtwo earlier, I grinded on Route 29 for a while and never came across it. Must be a glitch with a previous game that was running or something.

And yes, looking very much like Crystal right now. I'm currently loitering about outside of Violet City training while constantly having Nurse Joy talk about how I'm out late. LATE? ME? BAH!

;)

Cyclone
I don't believe you're going to find the Mewtwo, as it was probably a one-time glitch.

Cyclone
Thanks for helping out.
Sorry, but wild Pokémon don't change depending on the time of day yet. Also, the Odd Egg works the same way it does in Japanese Crystal; read up on that if you want to know more.
Could you help Volcanix out by telling him where you found Wooper?

Projectwolfie
August 6th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Hmm... no one's encountered the rival bug? Odd. I'll try recreating it, I know that I've got the latest version of Crystaldust running and that my emulator's working properly. Could be just a one time random SNAFU. Only thing weird that I can think of that I did, was contact the guy who gives you a map card and take the tour after I get the phonecall from Elm.

EDIT 1: did it exactly as before, same black screen. Happens without fail.
EDIT 2: talked to the guy and got the map card before going to Mr. Pokemon's house. It's definitely not those two events, because the black screen happens without fail there too. This is really weird. I'll try going from a fresh start, and with a new ROM.
EDIT 3: I guess it just screwed up during the patching process before, or something. Works fine now. Sorry for troubling you with this.

cooley
August 7th, 2012, 05:35 AM
We have the same Rocket Admin sprites, haha.
I'm impressed by the hack however. Emerald isn't an easy ROM to hack, I'll look forward to playing this one. Kudos.

diegoisawesome
August 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hmm... no one's encountered the rival bug? Odd. I'll try recreating it, I know that I've got the latest version of Crystaldust running and that my emulator's working properly. Could be just a one time random SNAFU. Only thing weird that I can think of that I did, was contact the guy who gives you a map card and take the tour after I get the phonecall from Elm.

EDIT 1: did it exactly as before, same black screen. Happens without fail.
EDIT 2: talked to the guy and got the map card before going to Mr. Pokemon's house. It's definitely not those two events, because the black screen happens without fail there too. This is really weird. I'll try going from a fresh start, and with a new ROM.
EDIT 3: I guess it just screwed up during the patching process before, or something. Works fine now. Sorry for troubling you with this.
Glad to see you could sort it out.
We have the same Rocket Admin sprites, haha.
I'm impressed by the hack however. Emerald isn't an easy ROM to hack, I'll look forward to playing this one. Kudos.
Thanks for the comment!

Well guys, Hack of the Quarter is still going on and CrystalDust is losing by almost ten votes. If you like CrystalDust, go vote now!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285694

The Brahma Bull
August 11th, 2012, 04:10 AM
My vote for Pokemon CrystalDust... Come on guys we need more votes...

Eru_Paul
August 12th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I did vote for Crystal Dust! :D

I wonder... do you have an aprox. date to release the Beta 3?

I'm not rushing you, I'm just curious. :3

Cyclone
August 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I also am looking forward to the new beta, but I know he's also working on Shining Opal concurrently, so I suspect with this new beta out recently that the next beta for Shining Opal is more likely to come before the next one for this. But he knows better what he's doing, so I'll let him address that. :)

Cyclone

diegoisawesome
August 13th, 2012, 05:39 AM
My vote for Pokemon CrystalDust... Come on guys we need more votes...
Yeah, we need as much votes as we can get.
I did vote for Crystal Dust! :D

I wonder... do you have an aprox. date to release the Beta 3?

I'm not rushing you, I'm just curious. :3
No, I never have approximate release dates for betas.
I also am looking forward to the new beta, but I know he's also working on Shining Opal concurrently, so I suspect with this new beta out recently that the next beta for Shining Opal is more likely to come before the next one for this. But he knows better what he's doing, so I'll let him address that. :)

Cyclone
That's incorrect, I'm not working on them concurrently. I work on one, release it, then work on the other. Please stop answering for me.

CrystalDust has fallen behind again in HotQ. It's at least 20 votes behind Snakewood and one behind Dark Future. We want CrystalDust to win, so go and help by voting here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285694

Notepads
August 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Very nice hack :P will be trying this out soon!

Hound of Justice
August 16th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Hey dude thank you for this mod, its my fav remake of gen2 so far i like that u updated the graphics sounds features and pokemon and made it like the vanilla crystal but i think some extra battles rivals and maps will make it better.
anyway i like the pokegear and day night system i made it up to ruins of alph with beta 2 and i have some questions
1. Will u make a puzzle for the ruins lol
2. Does pokemom that appear in the night and other in day system works?
3. is there a weather system in this mod like in liquid crystal or there will be snow and rain in certain maps and/if u planning to make this for later
4. can we make bases like in emerald, dive under water and does headbutt works like in crystal
5. mom doesnt save money anymore will u change this
6. where does beta 2 ends and can u tell the status of the upcoming beta will u release it soon
7. does pokemon from gen3 exist and can we catch all pokemon and legenderies will have their own made up areas where we can find them?
8. will u add new maps
9. does pokegear work like in crystal will random trainers call me and tell stuff like they did in crystal
Thats it all lol good job with the mod i hope new beta comes out soon i will go vote for crystal dust now :d

diegoisawesome
August 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Very nice hack :P will be trying this out soon!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy the game!
Hey dude thank you for this mod, its my fav remake of gen2 so far i like that u updated the graphics sounds features and pokemon and made it like the vanilla crystal but i think some extra battles rivals and maps will make it better.
anyway i like the pokegear and day night system i made it up to ruins of alph with beta 2 and i have some questions
1. Will u make a puzzle for the ruins lol I'm hoping that I can get this working for Beta 3.
2. Does pokemom that appear in the night and other in day system works? Not yet, it's something else I want in for Beta 3.
3. is there a weather system in this mod like in liquid crystal or there will be snow and rain in certain maps and/if u planning to make this for later Weather may be used in future maps, such as on the Sevii Islands.
4. can we make bases like in emerald, dive under water and does headbutt works like in crystal Maybe in the future, definitely in the future, pretty much.
5. mom doesnt save money anymore will u change this I'm hoping to have this in for Beta 3.
6. where does beta 2 ends and can u tell the status of the upcoming beta will u release it soon Beta 2 ends after the Johto quest (aka after you get into the Hall of Fame). Beta 3 will be worked on after the next beta of my other game, Shining Opal, is released.
7. does pokemon from gen3 exist and can we catch all pokemon and legenderies will have their own made up areas where we can find them? Pokémon from gen 3 will be available in the wild on the Sevii Islands. Legendaries will have their own plotlines in the future.
8. will u add new maps Yes.
9. does pokegear work like in crystal will random trainers call me and tell stuff like they did in crystal Not at the moment, but this is planned.
Thats it all lol good job with the mod i hope new beta comes out soon i will go vote for crystal dust now :d
Responses above in bold.
SAme here it looks really interesting.
Thanks!

Hound of Justice
August 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM
btw i tested with gameboid i hope that there wwnt be any bugs on it that the vba m doesnt havey

nice thnx for the fast reply will there be a gs ball event for celebi.
btw good work with the video in the start of the hack :d

Cyclone
August 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
ElitePokes, items 1, 4, and 9 are things I wondered and I also brought those up.

I was not familiar with the Ruins puzzles (I don't recall if I tried them on the ROM as the story went away from there and I quit before going back, so I never had an Unown either but will make sure to in SS when I play), so I actually asked how they were supposed to work. I am familiar with this (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ruins_of_Alph), so maybe someday it will match this as closely as possible; I hope identically, but we'll see. :)

The trainers in the Match Call...yeah, weird Route numbers were listed. I was confused. I hope those get working, and if they can't, I'm sure the feature is easy to pull by removing all scripts related to it (and in fact never GIVING it to the player). I think the complication is that it's hard-coded to Emerald's Route system.

I discovered while researching the Sevii Islands two beta maps that never got used in the official game; I'm dearly hoping those get turned into something useful. My hope is at least one legendary plot line, but it's his call on that. Using those two additional maps increases the use of third-gen Pokémon however, especially in the water...maybe the strongest ones can go in those two unknown areas and they only get added to the map upon being visited (like Rebirth Island...speaking of which, that item would need to be obtained somehow somewhere since we can't collect event items unlocking the areas, but I'm sure that's covered in the plans).

I don't get the point of Mom saving money. After all, it reduces what you have on hand and limits your abilities. I don't get why that was a feature at all in any official game. Does it earn interest?

I think the reason the game didn't do well in the vote (way behind in third right now, go vote for it if you still can) is because it's virtually identical to Crystal, which is a shame...I like the fact it maintains that simplicity, and the fact that it was done on the Emerald platform is a remarkable achievement. I can tell you it's harder to do a remake than it is to do any other type of hack, specifically because you have to match exactly what is shown in the other game, no deviations. Of course, what you add on top of the basic story can be what makes the hack unique, such as a weird cave that shows up later in the game on, say, Route 34 that wasn't there before (something clearly blows a hole in a wall to cause this), or word of a cave on a new map connected to an original one at an appropriate spot (say at the top of a waterfall) that could lead to something new, or even connect to another new region with third-gen. Pokémon. The options for adding on to a remake like this are limitless, and I am sure there are a lot of things diego wants to try once the rest of the game is working. For now, I won't keep going into random ideas since there's no point right now. :)

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
August 16th, 2012, 08:28 PM
what i like in this hack is.that it feels that there was a lot of work put to it there are so many things that are unique in this remake that make it my future game that i will finish
liquid crystal is good and its a remake like firered was to red and blue with more new events and stuff but even beta 3.2 got many things that i hate like theres no pokegear some npcs have wrong sprites and stuff but things like extra events weather system and ruins of alph that i do like and crystal dust is missing
i wish they would unite the projects and make a perfect remake lol

Cyclone
August 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM
We can always wish, yes? LMAO Maybe once both projects are done Liquid Crystal could be imported into another version of CrystalDust or something...but that would be WAAAAY down the road and I'm fairly sure how diego would feel about that, I think. Unless LC people approach him and they do something from there, I will assume that is NOT happening. ;)

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
August 16th, 2012, 10:09 PM
heheh.
thats my last msg till beta 3 gets released bb all :d

mavy42
August 18th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Hello! Still supporting your hacks till now. Tried it, it was great! Because of that I give you a banner! Hope beta 3 is coming this year! Wondering why no one made a banner for an awesome game like this??!!! Give Credits! Add me as friend!

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/crystaldustbanner.png (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234566)

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/mavy42/crystaldustbanner.png (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234566)

Camred123
August 18th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I want to say I LOVE this hack. I think it even rivals Pokemon Shiny Gold. Even if this game is still in beta! I can't wait until the radio works and you can go to Kanto.When you do add Kanto I have a suggestion, after you beat the Kanto Gyms Giovanni should be behind the last gym waiting for a person worthy of a battle. I would love to see that happen ^u^

Cyclone
August 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I want to say I LOVE this hack. I think it even rivals Pokemon Shiny Gold. Even if this game is still in beta! I can't wait until the radio works and you can go to Kanto.When you do add Kanto I have a suggestion, after you beat the Kanto Gyms Giovanni should be behind the last gym waiting for a person worthy of a battle. I would love to see that happen ^u^
Forgive me, I have never finished G/S/C/HG/SS and have only recently started SS. I know in Kanto that Giovanni WAS the final Gym Leader. What role does he play in the second generation?

That is awesome praise, BTW. Never looked at it that way and yes, it does work very well so far. However, I've broken from it for now to play the real SS so I can work on getting a Shiny Nincada out of Emerald once I have the two games finished.

Cyclone

Projectwolfie
August 18th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Forgive me, I have never finished G/S/C/HG/SS and have only recently started SS. I know in Kanto that Giovanni WAS the final Gym Leader. What role does he play in the second generation?
Basically in GSC, Team Rocket's goal is to contact Giovani because he left without a word and people want him back after the team being disbanded. In HGSS though, they added a little bit of a plot twist later on.

Hound of Justice
August 19th, 2012, 02:38 PM
umm since diego wants it to look like a vanilla crystalbi dnt think this will happen but he could add giovani in the islands if he adds some good plot for him
anyway what happened in hg and ss i nevr played those and never will :d

Dr. Fizzle
August 21st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Played the beta, and its pretty good for an emerald hack! Never thought people would hack with emerald!

Satoshi Ookami
August 22nd, 2012, 12:19 AM
Played the beta, and its pretty good for an emerald hack! Never thought people would hack with emerald!
It's not that hard if you are extra careful =)
We were just kinda afraid because of the bad feedback and how easily it glitches.

diegoisawesome
August 22nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
btw i tested with gameboid i hope that there wwnt be any bugs on it that the vba m doesnt havey

nice thnx for the fast reply will there be a gs ball event for celebi.
btw good work with the video in the start of the hack :d
Gameboid shouldn't have any more bugs than VBA, but I'm not sure as I haven't tested there. Also, the GS ball will have an event in CrystalDust, just wait.
what i like in this hack is.that it feels that there was a lot of work put to it there are so many things that are unique in this remake that make it my future game that i will finish
liquid crystal is good and its a remake like firered was to red and blue with more new events and stuff but even beta 3.2 got many things that i hate like theres no pokegear some npcs have wrong sprites and stuff but things like extra events weather system and ruins of alph that i do like and crystal dust is missing

We can always wish, yes? LMAO Maybe once both projects are done Liquid Crystal could be imported into another version of CrystalDust or something...but that would be WAAAAY down the road and I'm fairly sure how diego would feel about that, I think. Unless LC people approach him and they do something from there, I will assume that is NOT happening. ;)

Cyclone
Well, I'm already good friends with LaZ, so no need for any approaching. And I don't think that there will be any "importing" like you say.

Hello! Still supporting your hacks till now. Tried it, it was great! Because of that I give you a banner! Hope beta 3 is coming this year! Wondering why no one made a banner for an awesome game like this??!!! Give Credits! Add me as friend!

It looks good, but I have a few things you could change.
1. Could you swap the boy and girl sprites?
2. CrystalDust is one word, could you fix that? Thanks!

umm since diego wants it to look like a vanilla crystalbi dnt think this will happen but he could add giovani in the islands if he adds some good plot for him
anyway what happened in hg and ss i nevr played those and never will :d
Don't worry, an event for Giovanni is already planned.

It's not that hard if you are extra careful =)
We were just kinda afraid because of the bad feedback and how easily it glitches.
Emerald has a bad reputation for glitching, even though it's actually Advance-Map that causes it. Once you change its ini file, it works great!

Lord Varion
August 22nd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Oh gosh! Beta 2 is out.
Man, I'm slow... I'll go play it now, I loved Beta 1 of this!!

LiquoriceBeef
August 22nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
This hack is EPIC. Does it have any Hoenn Pokemon?

Hound of Justice
August 22nd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Damn i couldnt resist and i played/tested this hack up to ecruteak or idk how its called to help find bugs and stuff even if i hate checking betas :D
So here are some questions and bugs i found and features that i liked or disliked
(thats a lot of stuff sorry lmao)

1. Features & Bugs:
Odd Egg should have 14% to hatch a shiny Poke like in the English Crystal
50% is too much i got a shiny Pichu in CDust and with Crystal i got a Shiny Elekid so 14% would not be that bad...
2. Silver could beat the player & mock him then leave in Crystal in our 1st fight but in CD we white out and need to beat him to progress will this change?
3. Mediums in Ecruteak Gym got some odd sprites in Crystal they were some old women that was kinda weird like they was choking 0.o Will you change to the original Sprites?
4. Daycare used to give the odd egg in Crystal by himself in the English version and there was no ticket will this change?
5. Pokemon Models like those in daycare and the rattata vs pidgey scene look a bit crystal like will u change them to have gba like models
6. I think theres a sound when the player shrinks in the beggining where oak introduces us in Crystal but theres no sound in CD and thats the same thing like Emerald had
7. H is missing from the word Pinch in Chikoritas Ability
8. Blue Card and Odd Ticket Got no Icons and no Descriptions (there was no ticket in eng crystal btw like i mentioned before)

Questions: (enjoy reading lol)
1. What is that plot with no power in island one in goldenrod center i think that was absent in eng crystal
2. Does pokemon like Onix evolve by lvling while they hold the item you needed to trade them with it so they can evolve?
And pokes like Haunter to only lvl up without any items (making those evolve with stones would be a bit dumb so i hope haunter,graveler,kadabra and machoke wont need em)
2. Wheres Ghastly??? :(
3. How does the game pick a winner for the bug contest i got 2nd place with a scyther and the winner had a venonat i was like wth lol
4. Does the guy from the bicycle shop calls you some time later after he gives us a bicycle and says that he gifted it because we helped him promote his bikes?
5. Can Headbutt Make sleeping Pokes appear and are all pokemon that was supposed to appear available (Only saw caterpie so far in ilex forest i got 6-7 diff pokes in Crystal)
6. Does Unown Pokedex exists i have around 10 of Unowns and still cant get it...
7. Do you think that you can make more Trainers to register in pokegear, is it possible to do this?
8. Will you change Groudon and Kyogre to Entei and Raikou in the Opening Video?
9. What about Pokemons moves will they be able to learn moves like they would in Crystal or like in all 3rd Gen Games?
10. Hmm the radio is working in our house and another house in our town will other places get radio working too + pokegear?
11. Are player sprites fixed when go fishing and can we fish while surfing on a poke? (idk if that could happen in crystal i think im confusing games lol)
12. Are Time events like sellers appearing in goldenrod market and undeground available?
13. Can rock smash make pokemon appear like in crystal
14. Will Deoxys have 4 forms and will they change somehow
15. Will togebi and golbat evolve like in crystal
16. will legendaries have special battle music

And finally i can say that i liked stuff like the bug contest,time system,opening video 3 versions, goldenrod city,player sprite and that you didnt change the lvls of pokes i stopped playing liquid crystal only bc of the crazy lvls and the fact that it was always raining and it was boring to lvl up my pokemon while waiting 5 secs every time bc of rains animation lol, and ignore my older post about adding new rivals and areas in Jhoto lol game will look better without them maybe you can add those including bases and the ability to Dive in Sevii Islands lets keep Jhoto and Kanto Vanilla (Well Kanto could get some extras actually its a bit empty)
And sorry for my English hehe

Thats it i wont play beta2 any further and wait for the next beta or the Final release so sorry i wont be able to report any bugs bc i dont want to spoil my game lol, Thank You again Diego and all the people who helped you improve this Hack i hope 1 day i will see A Final Release! (pls finish it lol i hate seeing hacks getting abandoned and this 1 is my favorite and got lots of potential)

Btw i used Gameboid 2.4.7 and a Rom of CD Beta2 that was uploaded in June so maybe you fixed or changed some of the bugs and features i posted, i cant patch my rom with your latest IPS bc i cant with Android it would be cool if you would pm me a link with a Rom with the latest CD Patch.
Sorry if its against the rules by asking for that

This hack is EPIC. Does it have any Hoenn Pokemon?

Not yet the creator said he will add them at Sevii Islands

rubyholder
September 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
why i can't go to the Kanto region.i'm beat e4 in jolto but i can't get a ticket to go to the kanto.
who can help me?

rpg man
September 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Emerald to Crystal.

This Hack is Very, Very Good.

Keep it up!

diegoisawesome
September 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Oh gosh! Beta 2 is out.
Man, I'm slow... I'll go play it now, I loved Beta 1 of this!!
All right! Glad that you can play!
Damn i couldnt resist and i played/tested this hack up to ecruteak or idk how its called to help find bugs and stuff even if i hate checking betas :D
So here are some questions and bugs i found and features that i liked or disliked
(thats a lot of stuff sorry lmao)

1. Features & Bugs:
Odd Egg should have 14% to hatch a shiny Poke like in the English Crystal
50% is too much i got a shiny Pichu in CDust and with Crystal i got a Shiny Elekid so 14% would not be that bad... It's set up like the Japanese version of Crystal because of the inclusion of the Pokécom Center. 50% is fine.
2. Silver could beat the player & mock him then leave in Crystal in our 1st fight but in CD we white out and need to beat him to progress will this change? If I can change it, I will. But I probably can't.
3. Mediums in Ecruteak Gym got some odd sprites in Crystal they were some old women that was kinda weird like they was choking 0.o Will you change to the original Sprites? No, the FireRed sprites are fine.
4. Daycare used to give the odd egg in Crystal by himself in the English version and there was no ticket will this change? Read the note about the shiny percentages.
5. Pokemon Models like those in daycare and the rattata vs pidgey scene look a bit crystal like will u change them to have gba like models They already are from FireRed...
6. I think theres a sound when the player shrinks in the beggining where oak introduces us in Crystal but theres no sound in CD and thats the same thing like Emerald had I might change this in the future, if I can.
7. H is missing from the word Pinch in Chikoritas Ability Text problems with the GUIs are rampant. For now, just ignore them.
8. Blue Card and Odd Ticket Got no Icons and no Descriptions (there was no ticket in eng crystal btw like i mentioned before) They'll be in later, I just wanted to get Beta 2 out there even with no things for some items.

Questions: (enjoy reading lol)
1. What is that plot with no power in island one in goldenrod center i think that was absent in eng crystal Yeah, that's my custom game plot that's coming after the Crystal plot.
2. Does pokemon like Onix evolve by lvling while they hold the item you needed to trade them with it so they can evolve? Yeah, that's how I made it.
And pokes like Haunter to only lvl up without any items (making those evolve with stones would be a bit dumb so i hope haunter,graveler,kadabra and machoke wont need em) They don't need items, just leveling up as you said.
2. Wheres Ghastly??? :( He'll be in as soon as I add in different Pokémon for different times of the day (and as soon as Advance-Map recognizes them).
3. How does the game pick a winner for the bug contest i got 2nd place with a scyther and the winner had a venonat i was like wth lol It's random, with some Pokémon having more than a chance of others of winning. The winners may surprise you.
4. Does the guy from the bicycle shop calls you some time later after he gives us a bicycle and says that he gifted it because we helped him promote his bikes? No, not at this moment.
5. Can Headbutt Make sleeping Pokes appear and are all pokemon that was supposed to appear available (Only saw caterpie so far in ilex forest i got 6-7 diff pokes in Crystal) There are less Pokémon in the trees than Crystal, but some are there.
6. Does Unown Pokedex exists i have around 10 of Unowns and still cant get it... The Unown Pokédex does not exist. Sorry.
7. Do you think that you can make more Trainers to register in pokegear, is it possible to do this? In the future.
8. Will you change Groudon and Kyogre to Entei and Raikou in the Opening Video? In the future.
9. What about Pokemons moves will they be able to learn moves like they would in Crystal or like in all 3rd Gen Games? They're going to stay as they learn in Gen III.
10. Hmm the radio is working in our house and another house in our town will other places get radio working too + pokegear? In the future.
11. Are player sprites fixed when go fishing and can we fish while surfing on a poke? (idk if that could happen in crystal i think im confusing games lol) I'm fairly certain that both work.
12. Are Time events like sellers appearing in goldenrod market and undeground available? Some are, but not all.
13. Can rock smash make pokemon appear like in crystal Yes.
14. Will Deoxys have 4 forms and will they change somehow No, it will have its Emerald form.
15. Will togebi and golbat evolve like in crystal Yes.
16. will legendaries have special battle music They already do.

And finally i can say that i liked stuff like the bug contest,time system,opening video 3 versions, goldenrod city,player sprite and that you didnt change the lvls of pokes i stopped playing liquid crystal only bc of the crazy lvls and the fact that it was always raining and it was boring to lvl up my pokemon while waiting 5 secs every time bc of rains animation lol, and ignore my older post about adding new rivals and areas in Jhoto lol game will look better without them maybe you can add those including bases and the ability to Dive in Sevii Islands lets keep Jhoto and Kanto Vanilla (Well Kanto could get some extras actually its a bit empty)
And sorry for my English hehe

Thats it i wont play beta2 any further and wait for the next beta or the Final release so sorry i wont be able to report any bugs bc i dont want to spoil my game lol, Thank You again Diego and all the people who helped you improve this Hack i hope 1 day i will see A Final Release! (pls finish it lol i hate seeing hacks getting abandoned and this 1 is my favorite and got lots of potential)

Btw i used Gameboid 2.4.7 and a Rom of CD Beta2 that was uploaded in June so maybe you fixed or changed some of the bugs and features i posted, i cant patch my rom with your latest IPS bc i cant with Android it would be cool if you would pm me a link with a Rom with the latest CD Patch.
Sorry if its against the rules by asking for that I think it might be, so I'm going to err on the side of caution and just say you're fine with the June copies.
Responses in bold.
why i can't go to the Kanto region.i'm beat e4 in jolto but i can't get a ticket to go to the kanto.
who can help me?
Kanto isn't done yet. The beta stops after you beat the Champion.
Emerald to Crystal.

This Hack is Very, Very Good.

Keep it up!
Thanks for the comment!

rpg man
September 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Well i just want to say Congrats Cause Emerlad is a hard to hack and your doing Great!

Maxim
September 10th, 2012, 01:44 AM
3. Mediums in Ecruteak Gym got some odd sprites in Crystal they were some old women that was kinda weird like they was choking 0.o Will you change to the original Sprites? No, the FireRed sprites are fine.

No they aren't, 'cause there are no Mediums in FR/LG. Channelers and Mediums aren't quite the same thing, they're based on two different Japanese concepts. Not to mention that Mediums (as opposed to Channelers) are supposed to be elderly.

By the way, have you thought about including Japanese-only mobile events from Crystal (http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blogs/1970/gs-ball-mystery-deepens-51331/) (yes, there were different ways to obtain GS Ball and other items)? They weren't pre-programmed, the Mobile function apparently patched your game, so it's impossible to access those events now (unless someone somewhere in the world still has a working patched game with a working save). There are no videos for them, so you'll have to use your imagination a bit. But I think it'd be very interesting if you included them.

Cyclone
September 10th, 2012, 06:11 AM
By the way, have you thought about including Japanese-only mobile events from Crystal (http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blogs/1970/gs-ball-mystery-deepens-51331/) (yes, there were different ways to obtain GS Ball and other items)? They weren't pre-programmed, the Mobile function apparently patched your game, so it's impossible to access those events now (unless someone somewhere in the world still has a working patched game with a working save). There are no videos for them, so you'll have to use your imagination a bit. But I think it'd be very interesting if you included them.
I believe this is a video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeX0_vL6g0Q) Granted, it's Shiny Gold, itself a hack.

This shows the acquisition in Goldenrod. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFyikZaCnW4) (Crystal)

Here's the Celebi encounter after placing the GS Ball in the shrine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFyikZaCnW4) (Crystal)

That's just a small sample.

Cyclone

Lugiaz Soul
September 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I think you should work on this game instead of the other one. I have no interest in the other one.

Quickster
September 11th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I think you should work on this game instead of the other one. I have no interest in the other one.

I think your opinion is great and all, but Diego's not gonna drop his other project. Maybe you dont like it, but there are people that do.

On a related note, this is still looking good. Keep up the awesome work!

Cyclone
September 11th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I think your opinion is great and all, but Diego's not gonna drop his other project. Maybe you dont like it, but there are people that do.

What Quickster said. I personally like the idea behind Shining Opal and am currently playing Soul Silver, so this game would be repetitive right now but more of interest upon the project's close. Also, I've been providing some possible input on Shining Opal, so while the final say is Diego's, I am eager to see if any of my ideas get implemented - or not. I know of a couple so far, at least.

If there were one criticism that would be valid about Shining Opal, it would be the difficulty levels of Pokémon between Routes 2-3 being rather...how can I say it?...unbalanced. Soul Silver (and thus CrystalDust) could also come across as imbalanced; after all, wild Pokémon are still rather weakish in the path to Mahogany Town (due most likely to the fact you can go there before going to Mahogany Town - I actually did that in Soul Silver). However, it's still possible to defeat them. Once you're on Route 3 in Shining Opal, if your Pokémon are not ready, you're facing a lot of knockouts.

Cyclone

Maxim
September 12th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I believe this is a video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeX0_vL6g0Q) Granted, it's Shiny Gold, itself a hack.

This shows the acquisition in Goldenrod. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFyikZaCnW4) (Crystal)

Here's the Celebi encounter after placing the GS Ball in the shrine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFyikZaCnW4) (Crystal)

But this is not what I meant. I DO know how the Celebi event looks like after obtaining GS Ball, it's no mystery. Also, not all mobile events were GS Ball-oriented.

Also, the way of acquision shown in that video is English-only and unused. In Japanese version, you obtained GS Ball for answering questions in a Dragon Den-like quiz. It's described in the link I posted. Did you even open it?

POKEDUDES
September 12th, 2012, 01:53 AM
This is a great hack
keep it up :D

diegoisawesome
September 12th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Well i just want to say Congrats Cause Emerlad is a hard to hack and your doing Great!
Thanks for the support!
No they aren't, 'cause there are no Mediums in FR/LG. Channelers and Mediums aren't quite the same thing, they're based on two different Japanese concepts. Not to mention that Mediums (as opposed to Channelers) are supposed to be elderly.

Wow, I never knew either of those things before. I'll switch over the sprites for the channelers to the mediums sometime.
The thing is,mi already have a whole storyline made up for the GS Ball and besides, I wouldn't know how to program those special events into the game. In CrystalDust, you get the GS Ball pretty much like in Eng Crystal, after you complete its story.

That's just a small sample.

Cyclone
That's not what he meant. That's pretty much how you get the GS Ball in Eng Crystal and he was trying to explain all of the events that could be done with the Mobile Adapter in Jap Crystal.

This is true. I have a lot of fans of Shining Opal too (including myself) and I've been wanting to finish that game for years now.
Also, to Quickster, thanks for the support!
This is a great hack
keep it up :D
Thanks for the support!

Cyclone
September 12th, 2012, 06:50 AM
But this is not what I meant. I DO know how the Celebi event looks like after obtaining GS Ball, it's no mystery. Also, not all mobile events were GS Ball-oriented.

Also, the way of acquision shown in that video is English-only and unused. In Japanese version, you obtained GS Ball for answering questions in a Dragon Den-like quiz. It's described in the link I posted. Did you even open it?
Yes I did, and I read about the questionnaire. My point was noting there are videos of the GS Ball event even if they are not the full Japanese event.

I think tying it to the storyline would be a nice addition; you must do this event to unlock this Gym or something.

Cyclone

rpg man
September 12th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I think Maybe Ho-oh and Lugia get in a fight and Celebi calms them down and Kurt makes the GS Ball?

diegoisawesome
September 12th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Yes I did, and I read about the questionnaire. My point was noting there are videos of the GS Ball event even if they are not the full Japanese event.

I think tying it to the storyline would be a nice addition; you must do this event to unlock this Gym or something.

Cyclone
Well, the way you said it, it sounded like you didn't know about the differences. Oh well.
I think Maybe Ho-oh and Lugia get in a fight and Celebi calms them down and Kurt makes the GS Ball?
Not even close, sorry to say.

abyssthesavior
September 19th, 2012, 02:41 PM
5 days searching in National Park for a Sunkern to appear(done so everytime the time in the game changed from morning to day, day to night, and night to when i go to sleep, then in the morning for a bit again, and hit replay 4 more times) and cant find it at all. Is it really still in National Park like in the original Crystal? or am i pretty much looking for a hay in the needle stack that doesn't even have a single strand of hay in it? (and yes i know thats not how the saying goes...i reversed it to show the needles poking at me in comparison to my anger towards the situation.)

Cyclone
September 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I just checked the appearance rates and Pokémon in National Park. I think what diego tried to do is accommodate the Bug Catching Contest Pokémon - which are not normally available in National Park outside of the contest - in the main grass area.

Looking at the list, I see the following Pokémon and appearance rates:

Caterpie: 20%
Weedle: 20%
Metapod: 10%
Kakuna: 10%
Paras: 10%
Venonat: 10%
Butterfree: 5%
Beedrill: 5%
Scyther: 5% (taking up both a 4% and 1% slot)
Pinsir: 5% (taking up both a 4% and 1% slot)

Since Butterfree and Beedrill are the final evolutions of Caterpie and Weedle respectively, I'd be willing to suggest (hence why I'm replying before you diego) that Sunkern can take the place of Butterfree/Beedrill. Might this be a good alternative?

Cyclone

diegoisawesome
September 19th, 2012, 04:54 PM
5 days searching in National Park for a Sunkern to appear(done so everytime the time in the game changed from morning to day, day to night, and night to when i go to sleep, then in the morning for a bit again, and hit replay 4 more times) and cant find it at all. Is it really still in National Park like in the original Crystal? or am i pretty much looking for a hay in the needle stack that doesn't even have a single strand of hay in it? (and yes i know thats not how the saying goes...i reversed it to show the needles poking at me in comparison to my anger towards the situation.)
Wow, that's an error nobody else would've caught. I just realized that somehow, I managed to replace all Sunkern encounters in that map with Ledyba. Fixed and uploaded.
I just checked the appearance rates and Pokémon in National Park. I think what diego tried to do is accommodate the Bug Catching Contest Pokémon - which are not normally available in National Park outside of the contest - in the main grass area.

Looking at the list, I see the following Pokémon and appearance rates:

Caterpie: 20%
Weedle: 20%
Metapod: 10%
Kakuna: 10%
Paras: 10%
Venonat: 10%
Butterfree: 5%
Beedrill: 5%
Scyther: 5% (taking up both a 4% and 1% slot)
Pinsir: 5% (taking up both a 4% and 1% slot)

Since Butterfree and Beedrill are the final evolutions of Caterpie and Weedle respectively, I'd be willing to suggest (hence why I'm replying before you diego) that Sunkern can take the place of Butterfree/Beedrill. Might this be a good alternative?

Cyclone
Actually, you WERE looking at the Bug Catching contest map. The two are separated completely, hence why you were seeing that encounter rate.

Cyclone
September 19th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Wow, that's an error nobody else would've caught. I just realized that somehow, I managed to replace all Sunkern encounters in that map with Ledyba. Fixed and uploaded.

Actually, you WERE looking at the Bug Catching contest map. The two are separated completely, hence why you were seeing that encounter rate.
Oh? I wasn't aware you implemented the Bug Catching Contest map. I didn't think the mechanics for it were there in Emerald.

Cyclone

diegoisawesome
September 19th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Oh? I wasn't aware you implemented the Bug Catching Contest map. I didn't think the mechanics for it were there in Emerald.

Cyclone
Mechanics? It was all done using scripts, like GSC did. If you notice, every time you enter, it's due to a scripted event. And since it's a scripted event, I can choose which map to send you to.

Cyclone
September 19th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Mechanics? It was all done using scripts, like GSC did. If you notice, every time you enter, it's due to a scripted event. And since it's a scripted event, I can choose which map to send you to.
Oh! In that case, that's awesome. I don't have the other tools so don't see the scripts. :)

Cyclone

abyssthesavior
September 20th, 2012, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=diegoisawesome;7345482]Wow, that's an error nobody else would've caught. I just realized that somehow, I managed to replace all Sunkern encounters in that map with Ledyba. Fixed and uploaded./QUOTE]

so basically when you say "fixed and uploaded", i just have to re-download the patch, use it on a new clean Emerald ROM, and i can find sunkern in national park like in original crystal?

Cyclone
September 20th, 2012, 01:27 PM

so basically when you say "fixed and uploaded", i just have to re-download the patch, use it on a new clean Emerald ROM, and i can find sunkern in national park like in original crystal?
Correct. Get a fresh Emerald and patch it with the update. As for the Ledyba, if it's not supposed to be there at all (it was found via Headbutt in SS), perhaps release it to keep true to the game. :)

Cyclone

abyssthesavior
September 20th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Correct. Get a fresh Emerald and patch it with the update. As for the Ledyba, if it's not supposed to be there at all (it was found via Headbutt in SS), perhaps release it to keep true to the game. :)

Cyclone

And it worked out! Also wanted to mention that in the bug catching contest i took part in i found scyther, caught it with ease, and beat 2 other guys who each had a paras. so now that i got lvl 14 sunkern AND a sun stone i can evolve it and(if im not mistaken) it will learn razor leaf once it evolves! thanks Cyclone and diegoisawesome. :D

diegoisawesome
September 20th, 2012, 02:54 PM
And it worked out! Also wanted to mention that in the bug catching contest i took part in i found scyther, caught it with ease, and beat 2 other guys who each had a paras. so now that i got lvl 14 sunkern AND a sun stone i can evolve it and(if im not mistaken) it will learn razor leaf once it evolves! thanks Cyclone and diegoisawesome. :D
No problem! Thank you for telling me about the bug in my game that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise!

Critx
September 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
This game is soo epic! Never give up on it or Shining Opal!

dyee
September 20th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Aww man! I was hoping for a few badges in Kanto when you said "some of Kanto".

Great hack, nonetheless. I look forward to playing the next beta.

abyssthesavior
September 21st, 2012, 07:17 AM
No problem! Thank you for telling me about the bug in my game that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise!

honestly if i wasnt so set on having a zubat as my flying-type team member, i probably wouldnt have discovered it. and i am glad i helped. btw in case Cyclone didnt tell you yet for me, i personally feel imo that CrystalDust is a better remake than Liquid Crystal. sure LC has some unique events but CrystalDust so far has stayed true to the original. btw did you ever put in a move tutor or move relearner? ive yet to get to ecruteak and am unsure as to what bill is repairing in the Pokemon Center.

Cyclone
September 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM
honestly if i wasnt so set on having a zubat as my flying-type team member, i probably wouldnt have discovered it. and i am glad i helped. btw in case Cyclone didnt tell you yet for me, i personally feel imo that CrystalDust is a better remake than Liquid Crystal. sure LC has some unique events but CrystalDust so far has stayed true to the original. btw did you ever put in a move tutor or move relearner? ive yet to get to ecruteak and am unsure as to what bill is repairing in the Pokemon Center.
In the original, Bill meets you for the first time at Ecruteak City whjen you first walk into that Pokémon Center (this is a SoulSilver experience, but I figure it's probably cloned here). I don't know what he's repairing, either.

There was one buggish thing I found in the original game as well that I edited into the Bug Catching Contest page on Bulbapedia; if you have yet to meet Bill and participate in the Bug Catching Contest when you first have it available, you will see that whatever Pokémon you catch is referred to as going to Bill's PC at the end of the contest. As I have yet to do the contest in the hack, I don't know if this bug is replicated, but I don't think the original script checked if the player had met Bill by referring to the correct variable that would display it as "Someone's PC".

Cyclone

abyssthesavior
September 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
In the original, Bill meets you for the first time at Ecruteak City whjen you first walk into that Pokémon Center (this is a SoulSilver experience, but I figure it's probably cloned here). I don't know what he's repairing, either.

There was one buggish thing I found in the original game as well that I edited into the Bug Catching Contest page on Bulbapedia; if you have yet to meet Bill and participate in the Bug Catching Contest when you first have it available, you will see that whatever Pokémon you catch is referred to as going to Bill's PC at the end of the contest. As I have yet to do the contest in the hack, I don't know if this bug is replicated, but I don't think the original script checked if the player had met Bill by referring to the correct variable that would display it as "Someone's PC".

Cyclone

i meant i dont know what bill will be repairing or setting up in CrystalDust. not in the original. in original crystal he is fixing up some time trading thing that enabled you to trade pokemon from your gsc games to your rby games and vice-versa. however no gen 2 pokemon or gen 2 moves were allowed or "the server would crash". i just dunno if in CrystalDust bill sets up the move relearner like in LoZ's liquid crystal hack.

TruePunk79
September 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
Do you have an idea when beta 3 will be released?

rellikami
September 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM

Diegoisawesome has previously specified that he does not release ETAs on his releases

Cyclone
September 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Additionally, he is working on Shining Opal ATM. I do know he alternates those releases.

I would have answered this earlier, but thought he'd be in to explain that.

Cyclone

TruePunk79
September 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Anyone know if there is a physical/special split? Or is it the same as gen III games.

Projectwolfie
September 24th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Anyone know if there is a physical/special split? Or is it the same as gen III games.

No split is in this hack, just like the original GSC and the generation after it.

Critx
September 24th, 2012, 09:39 AM
This hack is very nice.

But......

Cyclone
September 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM
This hack is very nice.

But......
I don't think you finished that thought?

Cyclone

Critx
September 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I did....MUHAHAHA

HAHA

diegoisawesome
September 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM
This game is soo epic! Never give up on it or Shining Opal!
Don't worry, I'm not going to give up on either.
Aww man! I was hoping for a few badges in Kanto when you said "some of Kanto".

Great hack, nonetheless. I look forward to playing the next beta.
Sorry about not having more of Kanto in yet. Thanks for the comment!
Thanks for the compliment! In CrystalDust, Bill's just fixing up the Ecruteak Wireless Club. Maybe I should add in something about how you can connect with games three years prior? (RSE/FRLG)

Cyclone
That bug doesn't exist in my game, but it's interesting to note that GSC has it.
Nope, sorry, no ETAs.
Diegoisawesome has previously specified that he does not release ETAs on his releases
That is true. Thanks for clarifying!
Additionally, he is working on Shining Opal ATM. I do know he alternates those releases.

I would have answered this earlier, but thought he'd be in to explain that.

Cyclone
Sorry about that, I was on vacation.

No split is in this hack, just like the original GSC and the generation after it.
This is correct. Thanks for clarifying!
This hack is very nice.

But......

I don't think you finished that thought?

Cyclone

I did....MUHAHAHA

HAHA
I don't know what you're talking about? What "but" is there?

Makeruno
September 25th, 2012, 12:40 AM
The game looks well done, but I do prefer to play games that have a totally new story line. GSC remakes are fun, but im getting kinda bored of doing the same thing everytime I play this type of hack. But i'll try it anyway. :)

Satoshi Ookami
September 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
This hack is very nice.

But......
Where's the "Wait for it"?

Eru_Paul
September 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hi Diegoisawesome, I hope your vacation went well. :)

I've found an issue. When you go to the house where the guy gives you the ITEMFINDER, he doesn't turn to you when you talk to him. He stays in the same position.

diegoisawesome
September 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM
The game looks well done, but I do prefer to play games that have a totally new story line. GSC remakes are fun, but im getting kinda bored of doing the same thing everytime I play this type of hack. But i'll try it anyway. :)
I promise you, you won't be bored playing CrystalDust!
Where's the "Wait for it"?
I'm actually wondering that myself!
Hi Diegoisawesome, I hope your vacation went well. :)

I've found an issue. When you go to the house where the guy gives you the ITEMFINDER, he doesn't turn to you when you talk to him. He stays in the same position.
My bad, thanks for noticing. Fixed and uploaded, if anybody really cares about repatching and all to fix it (although it's good for first-time users).

Hound of Justice
October 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Hey i saw a radio card for the pokegear in 1 of the screenshots but never got 1 ingame does it play any music lol.
Another question will you make any new cards for pokegear to use in the sevii islands for your custom storyline there

Cyclone
October 9th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Pokégear isn't working yet and not implemented in the beta. Pushing Y tells you as much. As for whether it plays music or what else it does, diego has to answer that.

Cyclone

diegoisawesome
October 9th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Hey i saw a radio card for the pokegear in 1 of the screenshots but never got 1 ingame does it play any music lol.
Another question will you make any new cards for pokegear to use in the sevii islands for your custom storyline there
The Radio Card doesn't work at the moment, but it will play music and work like it should in the future.
Pokégear isn't working yet and not implemented in the beta. Pushing Y tells you as much. As for whether it plays music or what else it does, diego has to answer that.

Cyclone
Uh, the Pokégear works pretty well at the moment, minus the Radio Card and some of the Phone Card. I don't know where you got that it doesn't work yet from.

Cyclone
October 9th, 2012, 07:40 AM
The Radio Card doesn't work at the moment, but it will play music and work like it should in the future.

Uh, the Pokégear works pretty well at the moment, minus the Radio Card and some of the Phone Card. I don't know where you got that it doesn't work yet from.

What is it that doesn't work, then? Maybe I'm thinking of the radio card...or am I mixing up Shining Opal with this now?

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
What is it that doesn't work, then? Maybe I'm thinking of the radio card...or am I mixing up Shining Opal with this now?

Cyclone

Lol you mix s opal with this hack and Diego are you working on beta 3 or s opal now

Cyclone
October 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Lol you mix s opal with this hack and Diego are you working on beta 3 or s opal now
I'm fairly certain I've got this one right. He alternates between the games, and this one was the last release. Thus, he's on Shining Opal right now.

Cyclone

diegoisawesome
October 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM

Cyclone
Yeah, the Pokégear doesn't work in Shining Opal.
I'm working on Shining Opal at the moment. Beta 3 of CrystalDust will be started on once Beta 3 of Shining Opal is out.
I'm fairly certain I've got this one right. He alternates between the games, and this one was the last release. Thus, he's on Shining Opal right now.

Cyclone
Yeah, this is correct.

Hound of Justice
October 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Ok cant wait for new updates on this hack i love your asm hacks an your bug free hacks hehe

aeTIos
October 14th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Are you using any super hacky asm code in this hack? The game crashes when I get challenged by trainers (when the [!] appears above their head), which I obviously did not like... I can challenge the trainers though.

and yes this is my first post here

diegoisawesome
October 14th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Are you using any super hacky asm code in this hack? The game crashes when I get challenged by trainers (when the [!] appears above their head), which I obviously did not like... I can challenge the trainers though.

and yes this is my first post here
I AM using a ton of ASM code in the game, but none of it is "super hacky". Trainer encounters work fine for me and pretty much everyone else that's played. What emulator are you using?

Hound of Justice
October 15th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Are the legendaries catch rates ok i caught a Suicune with my first pokeball which was an ultra ball and suicune had almost half of its hp and was burned.
Also lances dragonite and charizard dont show up in pokedex after the double fight versus team rocket is it supposed to be like that idk if a friendly teams pokemon should be registered in our pokedex but we saw those pokemon so why not
And btw in the same fight we can check lances pokemons stats lol that may spoil the final fight for new players

Hound of Justice
October 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
This guy wont talk to me after i win him

http://i50.tinypic.com/xonv5y.png

And this guy is drunk maybe lol

http://i45.tinypic.com/34652dv.png

I think this switch opens and closes all the doors in crystal if i remember well but in this hack it closes all but doesnt open them all

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qu6edh.png

diegoisawesome
October 16th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Are the legendaries catch rates ok i caught a Suicune with my first pokeball which was an ultra ball and suicune had almost half of its hp and was burned.
Also lances dragonite and charizard dont show up in pokedex after the double fight versus team rocket is it supposed to be like that idk if a friendly teams pokemon should be registered in our pokedex but we saw those pokemon so why not
And btw in the same fight we can check lances pokemons stats lol that may spoil the final fight for new players
Legendary catch rates are unchanged. That was actually luck.
I'm not sure why they don't appear in the Pokédex... I'll see what I can do.
And it won't quite spoil the final fight; Lance's Pokémon are underleveled in the double team battle.
This guy wont talk to me after i win him

http://i50.tinypic.com/xonv5y.png

And this guy is drunk maybe lol

http://i45.tinypic.com/34652dv.png

I think this switch opens and closes all the doors in crystal if i remember well but in this hack it closes all but doesnt open them all

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qu6edh.png
Both text errors are fixed and uploaded. The last picture isn't a glitch: in Crystal, it only opens the correct pathway out, like I did in CrystalDust.

Hound of Justice
October 16th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Wow thanks your awesome! Heheh ill try to find more bugs now 3)

aeTIos
October 17th, 2012, 05:08 AM
I AM using a ton of ASM code in the game, but none of it is "super hacky". Trainer encounters work fine for me and pretty much everyone else that's played. What emulator are you using?

I'm using a port of gpsp. It could also be the emulator (which I hope not)

Hound of Justice
October 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Some more stuff:

When i battle those twins near the sudowoodo tree event in a double battle after 1 of their pokemon used encore the battle music stops until i win them then the sound is normal again

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lny0j9.png

Those Electrodes in team rockets base have voltorbs OW lol

http://i45.tinypic.com/fzbt5u.png

The key for team rockets base in goldenrod got wrong description

http://i50.tinypic.com/bfnbrr.png

Same with the card for the radio tower

http://i47.tinypic.com/s3zhb6.png

diegoisawesome
October 18th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm using a port of gpsp. It could also be the emulator (which I hope not)
Which port? Is it the one for the Supercard DSTWO or iPlayer, or am I way off base here? I have the GPSP ports for the iPhone and DSTWO, and it works fine on both.
Some more stuff:

When i battle those twins near the sudowoodo tree event in a double battle after 1 of their pokemon used encore the battle music stops until i win them then the sound is normal again

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lny0j9.png

Those Electrodes in team rockets base have voltorbs OW lol

http://i45.tinypic.com/fzbt5u.png

The key for team rockets base in goldenrod got wrong description

http://i50.tinypic.com/bfnbrr.png

Same with the card for the radio tower

http://i47.tinypic.com/s3zhb6.png
The first one is a bug that I can't replicate. I tried it out myself, but it worked as it should.
The second one is because I was lazy and didn't want to make a new overworld or something like that.
The third and fourth ones are just because I haven't changed the default text for the items yet. It's the same reason why a lot of new items don't have a description or picture.

Hound of Justice
October 19th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Ok heres some more things

Theres 2 spaces to enter this gatehouse...

http://i48.tinypic.com/4gkxvp.png

But theres only 1 space in the other side

http://i47.tinypic.com/2wnpg21.png

There are 2 X Defend in the second market from the beggining of the game

http://i47.tinypic.com/175r8w.png

Cyclone
October 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Theres 2 spaces to enter this gatehouse...

But theres only 1 space in the other side
This actually happens in Johto itself. See Route 38:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/64/Johto_Route_38_HGSS.png

That gatehouse? There are two tiles to enter from. I believe both go to the same spot. Same from the Ecruteak City side. I just tested it, and this is verified. Flew to Ecruteak City, and you can enter the gatehouse on the left from two tiles (and the one on the right as well, and from Routes 38 and 42 respectively). However, you can only exit the gatehouse on either side of either one from one tile each, and it goes to the upper of the two entry tiles on the town or Route maps. Since diego is replicating the game, I don't expect he'll change anything, but who knows; maybe he'll expand it.

The two X Defend does seem like a legitimate bug, however.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 19th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Hm ok Cyclone

More stuff i found:

This woman says that before you get the map card in crystal and something about pokemon after we get the card but in this hack she already says her 2nd speech before we get the card

http://i48.tinypic.com/2upz1c1.png
http://i45.tinypic.com/veu2w2.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/vo5w5y.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/2r7pmh3.png

And this text is missing too, that guy says this when pokeballs are available in the first market and in this hack he only says when they will sell pokeballs

http://i50.tinypic.com/2e4xlyf.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/21or2w5.png

Also 2 other minor stuff
1. In crystal the pokemon pc is named bills pc from the start in this hack its name is someones pc
2. In crystal we can remove or add the town map and the bed in our house via the decorations option in the pc
in the first parts of the game will you add an option for that in this hack?

Heheh im playing crystal and crystaldust from the start at the same time to find every bug or missing text in this hack xD

Cyclone
October 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM
1. In crystal the pokemon pc is named bills pc from the start in this hack its name is someones pc
2. In crystal we can remove or add the town map and the bed in our house via the decorations option in the pc
1. It is? I obviously don't remember this. Tells you how long ago I played Crystal!

2. I know R/S/E has the secret base option, but I don't know whether the bedroom had a similar option. Thus, this might be difficult to replicate unless you start in your "secret base" - a.k.a. your bedroom.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Lol i noticed that about bills pc when i played crystal yesterday and maybe it will be easy to add an option to put away bed and other stuff with asm hacks im not a hacker though so idk if its possible :p

Some last stuff for today first i noticed in Violet City this house and the other 1 with the pidgey and the 2 wonen look very different than the ones in crystal.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2hnrm90.pnghttp://i47.tinypic.com/20rsrhe.png

There are 2 weird things here, First the town map uses a model of a portrait and second when you click on the open window it says "my reflection looking good" 0.o

http://i50.tinypic.com/692ds4.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/24zktty.png

In this house in another town of this hack you can see how the town map looks like and this closed window gives a proper "my reflection looking good" message

http://i45.tinypic.com/28wmffc.png

And also this object is missing

http://i45.tinypic.com/j7682g.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2r26skj.png

This happens in both houses

And some questions:

1. Will you add lights outside the houses at night in the future?
2. Is the hoothoot of the dude who teaches how to catch pokemon supposed to miss its tackle attack he did miss once for me lol
3. Will you add different music when its night for sevii islands and maybe for johto & kanto too?
4. Why did you choose Sevii Islands for the third region is there any specific reason for this?
Im asking because maybe it would be better to make it a different island or a big or medium sized region we visited sevii in fr/lg an adventure in a new area would be better in my opinion (like liquid crystal where they made valencia islands as the 3rd region)
5. Will there be 16 badges like in crystal or will you add some gyms in sevii and add more badges and will we be able to check badges earned in kanto and sevii if you add more badges?

Thats it no more beta testing today for me ill stop at the beggining of route 32 and continue tommorow hehe

Ghost Emperor
October 19th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Oh cool game :) ill surely love to play it:)

Satoshi Ookami
October 20th, 2012, 12:32 AM
@ElitePokes: You do realize that Diego does not have any obligation to make the hack EXACTLY as Crystal, don't you?

Hound of Justice
October 20th, 2012, 08:53 AM
He said that he wants his hack to look like vanilla crystal with some minor changes in johto and kanto and a new storyline for sevii im just asking questions and making suggestions...

RedZero
October 21st, 2012, 08:05 AM
This looks pretty cool i like the emerad rom base are you going to leave the battle frontier in it tho?

Cyclone
October 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
He said that he wants his hack to look like vanilla crystal with some minor changes in johto and kanto and a new storyline for sevii im just asking questions and making suggestions...
Suggestion. Why not see if these are the types of changes he wants to make by asking him? I've offered an idea for Shining Opal that I thought would be great and talked with him about it directly, and even offered to create some of the maps for it; he likes the idea but prefers to do it himself if he uses the idea, so I'm respecting and leaving it at that (though that offer remains extended as I know he's in school while I'm roasting in a chair).

My point, however, is that not everyone needs to see everything. I started pointing out bugs in the Light Platinum thread but eventually decided to just go ahead and fix the ones I can, and I'm keeping in contact with Ash regarding other things I think are quirky (just seeing if they're supposed to be, in part).

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM
Dude i played this hack and crystal and i noticed that he really cares about stuff that most people wont even notice when they play and he made this hack look exactly like crystal even add the same text for things like the reflection text or the text for the pokemon pictures and stuff and he said it himself that he wants his hack to look exactly like crystal and have some minor changes in kanto and johto.
Im just a guy who likes this hack and im trying to understand what diego wants to do with it in the future so im asking questions and if he wants he will answer to them i dont demand anything from him.
And i saw that he didnt include some stuff and im not him to know if he didnt add them on purpose so thats why i posted those pics to show them to him and ask him because maybe he forgot to add them hes a human after all and he can forget too.
And after all i was trying to find missing texts and bugs i dont tell him to add things i would love to see in the hack like new areas or trainers if i want something new in the hack i will suggest it to him here.

Anyway why make so much noise about this im asking the creator of this hack not you if you dont like it then just ignore me lol or if you think my ideas are bad your welcome to correct me but i will ignore people like ash who will answer for the creator of a hack and i saw him being like this in other posts in other hacks hahah so i will just do what i said.

Cyclone
October 21st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Dude i played this hack and crystal and i noticed that he really cares about stuff that most people wont even notice when they play and he made this hack look exactly like crystal even add the same text for things like the reflection text or the text for the pokemon pictures and stuff and he said it himself that he wants his hack to look exactly like crystal and have some minor changes in kanto and johto.
Im just a guy who likes this hack and im trying to understand what diego wants to do with it in the future so im asking questions and if he wants he will answer to them i dont demand anything from him.
And i saw that he didnt include some stuff and im not him to know if he didnt add them on purpose so thats why i posted those pics to show them to him and ask him because maybe he forgot to add them hes a human after all and he can forget too.
And after all i was trying to find missing texts and bugs i dont tell him to add things i would love to see in the hack like new areas or trainers if i want something new in the hack i will suggest it to him here.

Anyway why make so much noise about this im asking the creator of this hack not you if you dont like it then just ignore me lol or if you think my ideas are bad your welcome to correct me but i will ignore people like ash who will answer for the creator of a hack and i saw him being like this in other posts in other hacks hahah so i will just do what i said.
Note that he's not working on this hack right now. Thus, it's up to him whether to do "fixes" now, or whether he wants to wait until he's done the next Shining Opal beta. Heck, maybe he'll even contact you via PM. You do know he'll read all this, however, as he subscribes to his hack threads.

The rest I am sending you via PM, and that should thus close this line of discussion here. I get the feeling that emotions are going up a little here and would rather keep it out of this thread.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 21st, 2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah i know that he is working on opal now and that he will probably read those messages and its up to him if he will fix or add something if he wants to do it and when he wants to do it im not telling him to do it now i will finish this hack and post any question or bug report i will find here and then visit this thread again after a very long time so dont worry i wont get this thread to have 50 pages full of pics lol

And yeah this got a bit off topic so that will be my last off topic sorry :p
Btw i aint no hacker if i could fix something i wouldnt be here and i would probably make my own crystal remake :d
But i wouldnt make 1 bc playing ur own hack wouldnt be that cool because i would know anything that will happen and that would suck wouldnt it? :p

Cyclone
October 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM
But i wouldnt make 1 bc playing ur own hack wouldnt be that cool because i would know anything that will happen and that would suck wouldnt it? :p
No, actually. Some people merely create hacks for others' enjoyment. :)

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 22nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Yeah but i rather play someone elses hack so i wont know what to expect :p

I found 2 more bugs

The animation is messed up here if the player goes in this position it appears as the tools are above him

http://i46.tinypic.com/20f6zb5.png

Nidoran Male, Nidoran Female and Sunkern areas are Unknown in the Pokedex but they can be seen at National Park when the Bug Contest is not held

And some questions

In Crystal Ilex Forest was always dark because of the big trees in this hack it can be day and night will this change in the future
Is Headbutt working ok i used Headbutt like 50 times or more and only 3 pokemon appeared i used to get like 8 pokemon in 10 tries in Crystal
Will you add a shaking animation for the trees when we Headbutt them?

Cyclone
October 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
The animation is messed up here if the player goes in this position it appears as the tools are above him

Nidoran Male, Nidoran Female and Sunkern areas are Unknown in the Pokedex but they can be seen at National Park when the Bug Contest is not held

And some questions

In Crystal Ilex Forest was always dark because of the big trees in this hack it can be day and night will this change in the future
Is Headbutt working ok i used Headbutt like 50 times or more and only 3 pokemon appeared i used to get like 8 pokemon in 10 tries in Crystal
Re the bugs, those qualify as bugs moreso than the earlier posts. The tools are simply a tile error (easy fix) and the Pokémon whose areas are unknown is definitely something that also needs fixing.

As for the question I've bolded (I can't answer the other two): the trees I Headbutt in SoulSilver either have nothing all the time or have specific Pokémon that appear all the time. I can Headbutt the same tree knowing I'll get Exeggcute at all times, whereas another might produce Ledyba at all times. Trees are individually determined. I don't think this kind of setting can be set in the case of what we can do on an Emerald base, meaning Headbutting trees comes across more as a standard percentage like walking through the grass. Normally, 3 Pokémon in 50 steps is a good number, and once in a while in games I see more often and less often. For Headbutting, I think I can agree the percentage needs to be higher, maybe more like a 65% or more.

Cyclone

diegoisawesome
October 22nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Wow, I forget to respond to posts on the thread for a few days, and look what happens. XD
Hm ok Cyclone

More stuff i found:

This woman says that before you get the map card in crystal and something about pokemon after we get the card but in this hack she already says her 2nd speech before we get the card

http://i48.tinypic.com/2upz1c1.png
http://i45.tinypic.com/veu2w2.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/vo5w5y.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/2r7pmh3.png

And this text is missing too, that guy says this when pokeballs are available in the first market and in this hack he only says when they will sell pokeballs

http://i50.tinypic.com/2e4xlyf.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/21or2w5.png

Also 2 other minor stuff
in the first parts of the game will you add an option for that in this hack?

Heheh im playing crystal and crystaldust from the start at the same time to find every bug or missing text in this hack xD
The two problems are fixed and uploaded. I actually didn't miss the second one, but it simply would never say the right text until I fixed it. The first one, I wasn't aware of until now. Thanks!
Bill's PC will be Someone's PC until you meet Bill simply because it makes more sense than knowing straight off who Bill is and what PC is his. As for number two, that simply isn't possible with my current knowledge, sorry.
1. It is? I obviously don't remember this. Tells you how long ago I played Crystal!

2. I know R/S/E has the secret base option, but I don't know whether the bedroom had a similar option. Thus, this might be difficult to replicate unless you start in your "secret base" - a.k.a. your bedroom.

Cyclone
The bedroom has the option of putting down dolls and such, but it can't remove the bed or the Town Map.
Lol i noticed that about bills pc when i played crystal yesterday and maybe it will be easy to add an option to put away bed and other stuff with asm hacks im not a hacker though so idk if its possible :p

Some last stuff for today first i noticed in Violet City this house and the other 1 with the pidgey and the 2 wonen look very different than the ones in crystal.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2hnrm90.pnghttp://i47.tinypic.com/20rsrhe.png

There are 2 weird things here, First the town map uses a model of a portrait and second when you click on the open window it says "my reflection looking good" 0.o

http://i50.tinypic.com/692ds4.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/24zktty.png

In this house in another town of this hack you can see how the town map looks like and this closed window gives a proper "my reflection looking good" message

http://i45.tinypic.com/28wmffc.png

And also this object is missing

http://i45.tinypic.com/j7682g.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2r26skj.png

This happens in both houses

And some questions:

1. Will you add lights outside the houses at night in the future?
2. Is the hoothoot of the dude who teaches how to catch pokemon supposed to miss its tackle attack he did miss once for me lol
3. Will you add different music when its night for sevii islands and maybe for johto & kanto too?
4. Why did you choose Sevii Islands for the third region is there any specific reason for this?
Im asking because maybe it would be better to make it a different island or a big or medium sized region we visited sevii in fr/lg an adventure in a new area would be better in my opinion (like liquid crystal where they made valencia islands as the 3rd region)
5. Will there be 16 badges like in crystal or will you add some gyms in sevii and add more badges and will we be able to check badges earned in kanto and sevii if you add more badges?

Thats it no more beta testing today for me ill stop at the beggining of route 32 and continue tommorow hehe
The reason for the houses looking different is because I don't have the right tiles for them, so I have to make due with what I have. This goes for the incense burner as well. The portrait is not supposed to be a Town Map, just an unusable portrait. Fixed. The window is actually not open, so the player can still see their reflection.
And now for your questions:
1. I wish to be able to, but the only way I know how right now would be very hacky.
2. He can miss, the NPC's Pokémon aren't perfect.
3. I may, but instead, I'm having someone make the GB Player for the hack. It'll be much better than the one in HG/SS!
4. Well, considering Liquid Crystal took the Orange Islands as a region you can go to, I thought it would be interesting to see how the Sevii Islands are after three years. Besides, after never seeing it mentioned again outside of FR/LG, I thought it needed some attention.
5. I'm not planning for more gyms on Sevii right now, but that doesn't mean that there never will be. And yes, you can check the badges of the other regions if you're in them.
Oh cool game :) ill surely love to play it:)
Thanks for the comment!
@ElitePokes: You do realize that Diego does not have any obligation to make the hack EXACTLY as Crystal, don't you?

Yeah, exactly. I really do appreciate the oddities that ElitePokes is telling me, and I'm glad that CrystalDust can be more accurate.
This looks pretty cool i like the emerad rom base are you going to leave the battle frontier in it tho?
There will be a Battle Frontier in the future.
Suggestion. Why not see if these are the types of changes he wants to make by asking him? I've offered an idea for Shining Opal that I thought would be great and talked with him about it directly, and even offered to create some of the maps for it; he likes the idea but prefers to do it himself if he uses the idea, so I'm respecting and leaving it at that (though that offer remains extended as I know he's in school while I'm roasting in a chair).

My point, however, is that not everyone needs to see everything. I started pointing out bugs in the Light Platinum thread but eventually decided to just go ahead and fix the ones I can, and I'm keeping in contact with Ash regarding other things I think are quirky (just seeing if they're supposed to be, in part).

Cyclone
It's perfectly fine if he posts the glitches here. It gives more attention to the game.

I found 2 more bugs

And some questions

The bugs are fixed and uploaded. Ilex Forest will probably not get perma-night; instead, being slightly darker will have to suffice. Headbutt has been slightly reduced in Pokémon variation due to Emerald's limitations, and there might be an animation in the future.
Re the bugs, those qualify as bugs moreso than the earlier posts. The tools are simply a tile error (easy fix) and the Pokémon whose areas are unknown is definitely something that also needs fixing.

As for the question I've bolded (I can't answer the other two): the trees I Headbutt in SoulSilver either have nothing all the time or have specific Pokémon that appear all the time. I can Headbutt the same tree knowing I'll get Exeggcute at all times, whereas another might produce Ledyba at all times. Trees are individually determined. I don't think this kind of setting can be set in the case of what we can do on an Emerald base, meaning Headbutting trees comes across more as a standard percentage like walking through the grass. Normally, 3 Pokémon in 50 steps is a good number, and once in a while in games I see more often and less often. For Headbutting, I think I can agree the percentage needs to be higher, maybe more like a 65% or more.

Cyclone
Headbutting acts completely different in GSC. Maybe I should up the amount of Pokémon in the trees though.

Hound of Justice
October 23rd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Wow thank you for the many fixes and for answering my questions i see that this hack got the potential to become 1 of the best!

machomuu
October 23rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Just wanted to say you're doing a great job. Few hacks have the level of quality and polish that this has, and the way the scripts work to reproduce what was is rather incredible, this is game completely emulates the feel of what would have been a 3rd generation remake. Heck, if I saw this in a store and didn't already know that it wasn't official, I'd probably think that it was.

Hound of Justice
October 23rd, 2012, 05:36 PM
I battled the twins again and this time the battle music was fine idk what happened the last time i cant reproduce this bug :(
As for Bill theres a guy in Violets Pokemon Center who says that Bill Made the Pokemon PC Storage and his sister says that too so we should already know whos the storage system is :p
Have you added sleeping pokemon when encountering pokemon via headbutt sleeping pokemon like hoothoot at day drop from trees in crystal (i heard that some pokemon are asleep at day and some others at night idk if thats true) and are all the headbutt pokemon available like pineco and noctowl or you cant add them all?
Also the lady that gives the Return or Frustration TMs in Sunday at the Goldenrod Market is always there and says what she should say after she gave the TM or both tms if its possible bc i never got the frustration tm so idk if that can happen but i havent got any of them yet, in Crystal she only appears in Sundays (or maybe on other days too im not 100% sure yet)

Cyclone
October 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
I battled the twins again and this time the battle music was fine idk what happened the last time i cant reproduce this bug :(
As for Bill theres a guy in Violets Pokemon Center who says that Bill Made the Pokemon PC Storage and his sister says that too so we should already know whos the storage system is :p
I know this too having played SoulSilver recently. However, even after that the game still refers to it as "Someone's PC". If you want him to replicate the game exactly, this must be maintained. You could go without talking to these sprites.

One thing he DID fix that I consider a Nintendo bug is after the Bug-Catching Contest, where GF sends your contest Pokémon to "Bill's PC" but later it still shows as "Someone's PC" with your Pokémon in there. Surprised that got through the bug testing since the Bug-Catching Contest HAD to have been tested thoroughly. They missed that particular bug (pun entirely intended).

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Lol but your talking about SoulSilver and im talking about Crystal :P
As for SoulSilver i didnt knew about the bug bc i havent played that game up to that point

diegoisawesome
October 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Wow thank you for the many fixes and for answering my questions i see that this hack got the potential to become 1 of the best!
Thanks for the praise!
Just wanted to say you're doing a great job. Few hacks have the level of quality and polish that this has, and the way the scripts work to reproduce what was is rather incredible, this is game completely emulates the feel of what would have been a 3rd generation remake. Heck, if I saw this in a store and didn't already know that it wasn't official, I'd probably think that it was.
Wow, thanks a lot!
Have you added sleeping pokemon when encountering pokemon via headbutt sleeping pokemon like hoothoot drop from trees in crystal (i heard that some pokemon are asleep at day and some others at night idk if thats true) and are all the headbutt pokemon available like pineco and noctowl or you cant add them all?
Also the lady that gives the Return or Frustration TMs in Sunday at the Goldenrod Market is always there and says what she should say after she gave the TM or both tms if its possible bc i never got the frustration tm so idk if that can happen but i havent got any of them yet, in Crystal she only appears in Sundays (or maybe on other days too im not 100% sure yet)
Well, in FRLG, you had people that would talk to you about Bill making the Storage System as well, yet until you met Bill, the PC is referred to as "Someone's PC". I did the same here.
You can't get sleeping Pokémon at night, sorry to say. All of the headbutt Pokémon are available, just maybe not in the same area they were before.
The lady appearing every day is a glitch, fixed and uploaded.

Hound of Justice
October 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Lol ok then :P
Thanks for the fix ill download the patch and go to sleep xD

Edit:

Well hello i played up to ecruteak city and got some more questions for some things

In the outside area of the daycare house there was no pokemon OWs where the daycare couple keep the players pokemon when you dont give them any pokemon to raise for you and an ow of the pokemon or 2 of them would appear when you let them keep a pokemon or two to raise them for you
In this hack there are always 3 pokemon OWs outside of the house and they are not the players pokemon will that change in the future?
Also you could go there in crystal and you could use surf and find a hidden item

The other thing is that wild Growlithe can hold a burnt berry in crystal that cures freezing and in this hack they hold a rawst berry that cures a burn condition. (they hold a rawst berry in emerald too so maybe this need to change to make the hack more crystal like)

And last the dialogue with Kurt is a bit weird after he gives me a pokeball if i talk to him he will say "You have an APRICORN for me? Fine! I'll turn it into a BALL.'' but i dont have any Apricorns and then the Apricorn Menu Appears and when i select Cancel he will say "Oh... That's a letdown...''
In Crystal if you dont have any apricorns he will just say hes normal dialogue about making custom pokeballs if i bring apricorns to him

Oh and btw have you fixed the 2 X Defend in Violets Market Menu?

Edit 2:

Do badges boost pokemon stats some gym leaders tell me that the badge they gave me boosts a certain stat but i cant tell if my stats changed i was wondering the same for the official games

Do Raikou and Entei Roam Johto and if not is it possible to have them do that?
In Emerald Latios and Latias can roam the region so i think its somehow possible to make the 2 legendery dogs roam Johto

Hound of Justice
October 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Played some more and found bunch of more stuff

I found 3 trainers whos pokemon order is different from crystal and thats nothing major but maybe you will want to change them
1. The Guy in the route near Mahogony uses Diglett Geodude and Dugdrio in Crystal in CD he uses diglett dugdrio then geodude
2. The woman rocket executive in the mahogony uses arbok murkrow then gloom in crystal in CD she uses arbok gloom then murkrow
3. The man rocket executive where murkrow tells u the password for the electrodes area uses Zubat raticate koffing in crystal but i forgot the order in cd i think its zubat koffing and raticate sorry you can check it yourself if you want :(

Theres a dude in Ecruteaks Pokemon Center who tells about the Gyarados but theres a typo and he says Gyrados instead

Then i found a Marill in Violet while i was surfing they arent supposed to be there u can find those in Mr Mortar

Theres a trainer after u exit mr mortar who got a nidorino and nidorina, the nidorinas lvl in crystal is 16 in cd its 14

In Ecruteak after you get the badge if you try to go to tin tower in crystal you can enter this area and talk to those people in cd a man never lets you pass in that place after you get the badge and he just tells about an outstanding event that happened also in crystal he had an animation every time that the player would try to go in that area he would run fast to the players direction and not let him pass if he didnt have the badge in cd he just talks to you and you go back if you try to go to this place without the badge
Anyway here are all the dialogues in that area when you get the badge

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vjx4dl.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/9rq7g0.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/11h6ikk.pnghttp://i47.tinypic.com/2ly0uhe.pnghttp://i50.tinypic.com/nxw014.pnghttp://i50.tinypic.com/10prk8x.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/35cfqes.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/wrkrgl.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/2egb0vn.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/bdsl69.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/1231w8p.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/ra23xl.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2vslreq.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/fogles.pnghttp://i50.tinypic.com/c6vpu.png

The last 5 show dialogue if you try to go to tin tower and that man stops you

Cyclone
October 26th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Good eye on the Marill in Violet City, it's not even in the Gen. IV remakes in that location. As for this, however...

Played some more and found bunch of more stuff

I found 3 trainers whos pokemon order is different from crystal and thats nothing major but maybe you will want to change them
1. The Guy in the route near Mahogony uses Diglett Geodude and Dugdrio in Crystal in CD he uses diglett dugdrio then geodude
2. The woman rocket executive in the mahogony uses arbok murkrow then gloom in crystal in CD she uses arbok gloom then murkrow
3. The man rocket executive where murkrow tells u the password for the electrodes area uses zubat raticate and koffing but i forgot the order in crystal and cd sorry you can check it yourself if you want :(
Pokémon order is decided by the opponent AI. This can be witnessed when watching a video of any hack or by playing certain battles multiple times; in Groment City on the Light Platinum hack, this becomes obvious. I played the battle with Gym Leader Atlas twice. Both times, I had different orders of Pokémon. The video showed a third.

This is something that cannot be controlled by the hack creator or even an official game's creator; the only one with any control at all is the leader first one sent out, and the rest are random. It's equivalent to you: when your eyes lock, you both send out the one at the front of your party; when you finish a round, you get to choose another Pokémon. The only difference is they don't get forewarned about your new choice after one of yours goes down, and theirs always stays out even if you bring up one with a 4x weakness to it (they can switch, but it costs a turn).

Also, there is one thing to consider in this remake. He may add Pokémon to some areas that are not found anywhere else in the game. Don't rule out this possibility; if the Pokémon you don't recognize in an area is not found ANYWHERE in the original game, leave it be. It's there because we can't trade from our emulators. That's it. :) My guess is this will happen more in Kanto and not Johto (unless it's in the 152-251 group).

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 26th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Wew i didnt knew about this but after playing crystal and this hack i battled many trainers and only found those 3 use a different order so idk...
As for for different pokemon yeah i know that so far i havent found any new pokemon in johto so maybe he will add them for kanto like you said and sevii too.

Anyway here some more stuff i found

This Carbos in mt mortar is missing you can go there from the second entrance to the cave where there are many items inside
http://i47.tinypic.com/o5qr6x.png

Just a button that makes a sound in goldenrods market i wonder if you add it :P
http://i46.tinypic.com/i3i1bp.png

Theres a pink apricorn in this tree in crystal theres nothing in this tree though in this hack
http://i48.tinypic.com/214xyk3.png
Update: Now i got one after suicune was near it after he flees...

This guy keeps repeating 2 things in crystal in this hack he only talks about the poke gear not the pokedex heres the missing dialogue
http://i46.tinypic.com/2mcklc.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2j6a9kx.png

This text is missing here near mahogony
http://i47.tinypic.com/qn0k0j.pnghttp://i50.tinypic.com/16scp4.png

The POTION item is missing from the items menu in mahogony in the place where the bad guy sells 4 items

This is the mail from the spearow you get to give to a fat guy who gives you the NIGHTMARE TM in cd you get a letter but cant read it will this change in the future?
http://i47.tinypic.com/35cj5n5.png

The 1st trainer andrew uses 2 marowaks and the other uses a kangaskhan in this hack you gave kangaskhan to the first trainer and the marowaks to the second :P Their dialogues are fine though this is in union cave near the place where you can find the lapras
http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhmw53.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/s187ki.png

And a question, do we get umbreon and espeon like we did in crystal?

BlackWhiteRobin
October 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM
how did you deal with the phone thing? its amazing!

Hound of Justice
October 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I became the champion today hehe
The elite 4 and lances battle music, animations before the battle and rooms was just awesome you did an amazing job :)

And ofc i found more bugs and stuff

The shuckle and the spearow with the letter we get are counted as traded pokemon but i didnt got them from a trade

The last 2 unown puzzles (the ones you can go from union cave) always reset after i solve them and use dig
The secret areas behind the walls in those chambers wont activate when i use HMs

This happened when i used dig after i did the last unown puzzle (the one you can do if you move the boulder in the union cave to go to the chamber with the puzzle)
http://i46.tinypic.com/fjgmx4.png
I went outside of the chamber and appeared in this place!
There was wild claydol and golbats at high lvls here and i could go to some of the doors and i went to 1 of them and everything was black there and no music was playing and there was no way to get out so i loaded my previous save and after catching a claydol i found how to exit from there and did the puzzle to exit the place

A typo in Mahogonys Gym
http://i48.tinypic.com/hti7t2.png

In the bug catching contest there are different trainers appearing for the 3 different days i found a trainer that i couldnt see in crystal so i wonder if you made it have the same trainers from crystal or have random trainers
Also at the end of the contest when you get the prize and can talk with the other trainers the guard says that some pokemobn may be seen in the park instead of saying that the bug contest is over for that day.
He tells this if you exit and enter again

In crystal when you surf you can talk, battle trainers, pick items from the land and be spotted by trainers and battle them if you are close to them in cd you cant tho will you change this if you can, i could read a sign while i was surfing in cd so i think you could do it easy
The frontier thing you have in the trainers card menu still shows the frontier map from emerald and the players face in the map is the face of the emeralds male character when you are close in the battle tower in this hack

And a question for the end will you add this animation for more important characters only the elite 4 and the champion got it
You could add it for Silver, Eusine, the Gym leaders and some other trainers like the team rockets executives and custom trainers in your storyline in the sevii islands :)
http://i47.tinypic.com/swadtt.png

Cyclone
October 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Comment on Bug-Catching Contest: in HeartGold and SoulSilver, I always find different Trainers in the contest (though it could depend on day of the week, I haven't tested this). Not sure about Crystal or the old G/S. So having random Trainers makes it kinda match the newer games.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I saw in a site that in crystal you find 5 trainers and they are different in each different days contest

MrAPT1
October 29th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I'd like to offer a suggestion, regarding the stat menus. Perhaps you could change the palettes to what they were in Ruby and Sapphire? They were very close to the original stat screens in jap GSC regarding setup and colors, and I think it'd make the hack more authentic looking if you changed them up like this, rather than the new palettes emerald uses.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad127/MrAPT1/StatusScreens.png

Hound of Justice
October 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM
A quick suggestion, you cant escape in the fight with the wild voltorbs koffings and geodudes in team rockets hideout in mahogony in crystal in cd you can run away and the battle just restarts you could change this in the future

Edit:

For some reason its never sunday in my game and its wednesday instead and the people who give you items that boost the power of a attack type dont appear in wednesday saturday and sunday (well for sunday maybe bc its never sunday in my game)
I didnt use any cheats and the rtc should work fine on gameboid so idk whats wrong
Also when i try to play in the bug contest there are no other trainers in the contest and my game freezes after i catch a pokemon and wait the guard to announce the winners i could escape with fly but the scyther i caught wasnt on my party or pc but it was registered as catched on my pokedex
I used fly before while i was in the contest so maybe i broke something?
Now i cant even start the contest my game freezes every time the guard tells me to catch the strongest bug pokemon i can when im ready to enter the national park

alienhunterx
October 31st, 2012, 12:35 AM
So the info tells that this beta ends at somewhere in Kanto. Can you tell where exactly? Also I am seeing screen shots of Gen 2 hacks in this thread. What does that means? I mean its an Emerald hack isn't it?

Platinum Lucario
October 31st, 2012, 02:45 AM
Also I am seeing screen shots of Gen 2 hacks in this thread. What does that means? I mean its an Emerald hack isn't it?

That's actually comparing Pokémon CrystalDust with the original Pokémon Crystal. And stating the stuff that appears in Crystal that is missing in CrystalDust. So that's why. ;)

Cyclone
October 31st, 2012, 08:47 AM
I don't think Kanto itself is programmed into the game yet. I don't know if you can use the ship to get there, or whether you go to the ship and are told that's the end of the beta. Since the initial E4 in the original games IS actually located in Kanto, it's safe to presume that it ends for now, in Kanto, probably after beating the E4.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
October 31st, 2012, 06:35 PM
Beta ends after you become the champion
Only the route to the league and the league are available in kanto
The last thing you can do is to try to go to the ship but you will find that its missing :P
The dialogues in that place are updated though as if the ship is there
Hey Diego if the person who works on the map tool wont update it will you add pokemon that appear in the night to random places?
You can add them in sevii or in kanto and johto as a bonus after completing the vanilla story
@Alienhunterx read what ShinySilver said or check the comments near the 2 gen screens to find why
In other words no1 did offtopic so dont panic :D

alienhunterx
October 31st, 2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the replies and my next question is what legendaries are available in beta 2?

Hound of Justice
November 1st, 2012, 06:32 PM
Suicune only i guess and Unowns if you count them as Legendery

Cyclone
November 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Unowns are not Legendary.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
November 1st, 2012, 07:54 PM
Some ppl consider them legendery :D

alienhunterx
November 2nd, 2012, 01:39 AM
So I suppose the creator strictly went throught he path of original game. But at least the other two dogs as well as Johto legendaries be included:(

Hound of Justice
November 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Well the creator said he will add other legenderies and stories for them later in sevii probably
For now its ok you can play in johto and obtain 100-120 pokemon or more and get suicune just wait for the next betas for the rest legenderies
You can play in Battle Tower after you defeat the champion if you dont have anything else to do, its fun im making a 50 lvl team to play in multi with a cpu ally :)
Now im waiting for the next beta with the ship that takes us to kanto to get a metal coat to evolve my onix :D

alienhunterx
November 3rd, 2012, 01:36 AM
Well the creator said he will add other legenderies and stories for them later in sevii probably
For now its ok you can play in johto and obtain 100-120 pokemon or more and get suicune just wait for the next betas for the rest legenderies
You can play in Battle Tower after you defeat the champion if you dont have anything else to do, its fun im making a 50 lvl team to play in multi with a cpu ally :)
Now im waiting for the next beta with the ship that takes us to kanto to get a metal coat to evolve my onix :D
So does that means the game is same as that of oroiginal crytsal but only in gba format with nothing new?

johnr754
November 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
I once thought this was once just your generic remake of Crystal/Gold/Silver, like almost every other rom-hack out there, but then I notice you done good work, and I congratulate you.

Also, I haven't played it yet, but it looks impressive. Mainly because it's an Emerald hack.

Hound of Justice
November 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
The game is a remake of crystal with almost everything same with very minor changes and ofc updated graphics and sound
The story will be the same for johto and kanto but there will be a third region (Sevii Islands) that will have its own story trainers,legendery pokemon and 3rd gen pokemon
If you have played the creators other hack you will notice that he is very creative with a good sense of humour so Sevii will probably be a very interesting place
And maybe there will be some new events in the 2 first regions after you finish the original story
Yes this game may not have extra rivals or new things yet but its a very stable remake you wont find any game breaking bugs or have to restart your game all the time because a script doesnt activates :D
Just wait for future betas for extra new content :)

Cyclone
November 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
The game is a remake of crystal with almost everything same with very minor changes and ofc updated graphics and sound
The story will be the same for johto and kanto but there will be a third region (Sevii Islands) that will have its own story trainers,legendery pokemon and 3rd gen pokemon
If you have played the creators other hack you will notice that he is very creative with a good sense of humour so Sevii will probably be a very interesting place
And maybe there will be some new events in the 2 first regions after you finish the original story
Yes this game may not have extra rivals or new things yet but its a very stable remake you wont find any game breaking bugs or have to restart your game all the time because a script doesnt activates :D
Actually, Sevii Islands will probably be similar to this (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sevii_Islands) as used in FireRed/LeafGreen. The difference, since they didn't exist in Crystal, is that he can do whatever the heck he wants with them. :D

Since Ash and friends surfed on Lapras from island to island, it would further make sense if Surfing could be turned on and new water Routes created to allow passage; travel to the main entrance would still be by boat from Kanto, matching the anime. But that might be too much. Heck, a "New Island" with a Lv.100 Mewtwo on it would be awesome. :D

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
November 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Traveling from one island to another with surf would be cool and he could add a weather system for the islands and make it rain at some and add snowing for others :)
Btw i wonder how to get a Eon Mail to give it to the lady in Goldenrods Center, in Crystal you could get it only with Mystery Gift...

Cyclone
November 3rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Traveling from one island to another with surf would be cool and he could add a weather system for the islands and make it rain at some and add snowing for others :)
Btw i wonder how to get a Eon Mail to give it to the lady in Goldenrods Center, in Crystal you could get it only with Mystery Gift...
Well, the islands are tropical (south of Kanto), so don't count on snow. Bad thunderstorms however? You bet it's possible. ;)

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
November 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
That would be awesome i like rain in games and there could be snow atleast in 1 of the islands, maybe where articuno will be located :)

Cyclone
November 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
That would be awesome i like rain in games and there could be snow atleast in 1 of the islands, maybe where articuno will be located :)
Hmm. Whatever one has more of a mountain peak, snow starting into the mountains. Interesting, Mr. Holmes, very interesting...

Cyclone

EnglishMilkshake
November 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Pokemon ROM Hacking can be tough by normal means, but you deserve props for your skills.

Lord Varion
November 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Pokemon ROM Hacking can be tough by normal means, but you deserve props for your skills.

ROM hacking isn't all too hard, once you get up and know what to do and how to do things.

alienhunterx
November 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
As this is a hack so the evolution changes as well as avaialablity of pokes upto 3rd ge must be at least available for catching right?

Hound of Justice
November 5th, 2012, 05:21 AM
You will be able to catch all the 386 pokes most likely
And yeah the pokemon who evolve via trade can evolve with other ways

Stodd
November 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM
i'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, maybe i missed it, but what about trade evolutions? onix, haunter, kadabra, sedra, machoke, graveler, and company. do they evolve naturally?

Cyclone
November 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
i'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, maybe i missed it, but what about trade evolutions? onix, haunter, kadabra, sedra, machoke, graveler, and company. do they evolve naturally?
I think ElitePokes answered this right above you. As to how they each evolve, that I have no idea; I'm sure once the game is complete there will be a full list provided by diego (unless that part is already figured out and he might list them regardless).

Cyclone

Stodd
November 5th, 2012, 10:48 PM
oh ok thanks cyclone. lovin it so far! keep it up!

alienhunterx
November 5th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Another thing which impresses me the creator's idea of a GB original game hack into an Emerald ROM as abase. Normally you see it on a FireRed ROM :classic:

Hound of Justice
November 6th, 2012, 07:23 AM
So far i only tried to evolve Kadabra to play at Battle Tower and Onix and managed to evolve Kadabra by lvling up at a very low lvl :D
My Onix still wont evolve so i guess i need it to hold Metal Coat to evolve and you can get 1 in the ship that gets you to Kanto (or is there another way to get this item?) and beta 2 of this hack ends before this event lol

Cyclone
November 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM
So far i only tried to evolve Kadabra to play at Battle Tower and Onix and managed to evolve Kadabra by lvling up at a very low lvl :D
My Onix still wont evolve so i guess i need it to hold Metal Coat to evolve and you can get 1 in the ship that gets you to Kanto (or is there another way to get this item?) and beta 2 of this hack ends before this event lol
Per Bulbapedia for the original Crystal (a good source since this is an attempt at a clone):

S.S. Aqua, held by wild Magnemite, held by Maggie (Power Plant)
Seems you may want to hound the wild Magnemite with Thief. They're on 6 and 11 in Kanto, 38 and 39 in Johto (I know the latter as I fought a lot of them in SS too - paralysis sucks!).

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
November 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Oh yeah i forgot about the magnemites thanks lol and yeah Paralysis sucks :D
Dragonairs with Thunder Wave are the most annoying pokemon you fight in GSC

Жека
November 7th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I love this game. It is the best. I really want you to finish it.

Hound of Justice
November 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I found a new small bug : Dragonairs and Suicunes Numbers show ??? In the Hall of Fame
There may be more Pokemon with this problem

alienhunterx
November 7th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I found a new small bug : Dragonairs and Suicunes Numbers show ??? In the Hall of Fame
There may be more Pokemon with this problem
Has the creator announced previously to continue this hack?

Cyclone
November 8th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Uh, yes. He is developing both this and Shining Opal in turn. Right now, it's Shining Opal.

Cyclone

alienhunterx
November 9th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Shining Opal you say han so I should check that out too

Hound of Justice
November 9th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Hey i found some more bugs

Update on Sunday never happening in my game:
If i set the day to be Sunday in the beggining of the game its Sunday but the next day it becomes the current day in my Androids systems date... And days change normally untill its supposed to be Sunday but its Wednesday instead and then Monday and etc...

This is a Biker as you see in Battle Tower but in the battle he gets a Kimono Girls Sprite
http://i49.tinypic.com/sdpnqw.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/295d82r.png

This also happens in Battle Tower with my Jumpluff some times
http://i47.tinypic.com/35cl947.png

In the route near Lake of Rage this happens
http://i47.tinypic.com/289ygy0.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/vikzts.png

Golbat is shown to appear in New Bark Town in the Pokedex which is not true
http://i47.tinypic.com/1z6wb5s.png

This is a funny one :D Maybe happens if you never go through that gate when the 2 team rockets members are there
http://i45.tinypic.com/2rpzdaw.png

This 2 women in the multi challenge in the Battle Tower look like they are flying like ghosts instead of walking which is a bit creepy :D
http://i48.tinypic.com/2v8sqad.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/2yls7zn.png
This happened in the Game Corner i had a free space for a pokemon but this dialogue was appearing
http://i47.tinypic.com/o6cqqg.png

Some Suggestions:

Since we cant walk on all the other tools in this shop you could change this for this tools too bc we can walk on them now
http://i46.tinypic.com/4h5k6b.png

This PC would make a beep in Crystal maybe you will want to change this in the future
http://i48.tinypic.com/35leywi.png

You could change this dialogue since sleeping Pokemon never appear in this hack yet
http://i49.tinypic.com/2uzxyc3.png

In Crystal you cant give Berries to the sick Miltank until you talk to the man in the near house in this hack however you can without speaking to him this could change too

And a question, is there any use for the Battle Points for now, i won lots of them and dont know what to do with them :P

alienhunterx
November 9th, 2012, 11:28 PM
My thought is as he is working on two hacks at a time so he gets little time to look on both but cheer up it shall be fixed in future:cool:

Hound of Justice
November 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I found 1 more bug:

I did this tutorial when it was night but the battle scenario turned to morning at the ending of the tutorial
http://i45.tinypic.com/10h50jt.png

And 2 little things, the player can use the Bicycle inside the Olivine Lighthouse in this hack and he couldnt in Crystal will this change?
The HP of all Pokemon is restored after the Team Rocket event in Azalea in Crystal in this hack its not tho

BroskiRage
November 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM
i remember playing shining opal this person is good

Poke'mon1
November 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
where is the update download link? did you fix town map & phone calls?

Cyclone
November 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM
He's currently working on Shining Opal, so I don't know if he's planning a quickie bugfix release based on things reported as yet. Nonetheless, once Shining Opal comes out, it'd be nice to see a version 2.1, and then working on Kanto for beta 3.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
November 16th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Hey btw Kurt can make multiple balls in a day in Crystal if you bring Apricorns of the same colour in this hack we cant do that though

Cyclone
November 16th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Hey btw Kurt can make multiple balls in a day in Crystal if you bring Apricorns of the same colour in this hack we cant do that though
Can confirm. I just got 10 Level Balls the other day in SS.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
November 16th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Yeah u get multiple balls in the remakes too
I dont know if theres any limit on how many balls he can make in crystal i didnt found any info on wikipedia

alienhunterx
November 17th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Does that means he will make only one ball per day?

Satoshi Ookami
November 17th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I don't know if you played Crystal only on emulator but I believe Kurt was meant to create one ball per day.

Hound of Justice
November 17th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Taken from Bulbapedia:
In HeartGold, SoulSilver (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver_Versions), and Crystal (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Crystal_Version), he allows players to give him multiples of one kind of Apricorn, resulting in gaining more than one of his special Poké Balls per day.

I Tested Crystal Usa release with GBCoid on my Android and got 2 fast balls in a day after giving 2 white apricorns

He makes 1 ball per day in Gold n Silver and the same happens in this hack but this hack is a remake of Crystal and as i said in Crystal you get more than 1 balls in a day if you give apricorns of the same colour.

Hey btw in Crystal in Dark Cave you get a Hyper Potion in this position in your hack you get a Super Potion
http://i45.tinypic.com/v6j9j6.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/zmh8w3.png

And a question can we get Shuckle with Rock Smash like in Crystal so far i only get Krabbys

maolad
November 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM
how to patch my pokemon crystal dust without "new game"? because i want to continue my game, when i patch it i cannot continue my game :(, i can only see "new game" :((

diegoisawesome
November 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Holy crap. ElitePokes, that is just awesome what you've done.
I've never had anyone go through the game so meticulously, pointing out things I never would have noticed.
And for that:
http://i.imgur.com/z6Ywt.png
Please note that I have edited out the bug reports from ElitePokes' posts and that they have all been fixed and uploaded. Again, thanks, ElitePokes!
Lol ok then :P
Thanks for the fix ill download the patch and go to sleep xD

Edit:

Well hello i played up to ecruteak city and got some more questions for some things

In the outside area of the daycare house there was no pokemon OWs where the daycare couple keep the players pokemon when you dont give them any pokemon to raise for you and an ow of the pokemon or 2 of them would appear when you let them keep a pokemon or two to raise them for you
In this hack there are always 3 pokemon OWs outside of the house and they are not the players pokemon will that change in the future?
Also you could go there in crystal and you could use surf and find a hidden item

There's simply no feasible way of having your actual Pokémon overworld sprites appear there. Instead, I opted for the 3rd gen method of doing it where random other Pokémon would appear there instead. Also, I guess the hidden item will either move or just not be there; it's honestly not as important as having everything else work right.

The other thing is that wild Growlithe can hold a burnt berry in crystal that cures freezing and in this hack they hold a rawst berry that cures a burn condition. (they hold a rawst berry in emerald too so maybe this need to change to make the hack more crystal like)

This is not really the type of change I want to make. If I were to change such small details, especially when it's for every single Pokémon, it starts to be a real hassle.

Edit 2:

Do badges boost pokemon stats some gym leaders tell me that the badge they gave me boosts a certain stat but i cant tell if my stats changed i was wondering the same for the official games

All of them but one, I believe, do what they say. I would have changed that one, but I don't know how that's decided. For now, it's the same as in Emerald.

Do Raikou and Entei Roam Johto and if not is it possible to have them do that?
In Emerald Latios and Latias can roam the region so i think its somehow possible to make the 2 legendery dogs roam Johto

For the moment, the legendary beasts do not roam the region. I should have this figured out for Beta 3, though.
Responses in bold.
Also, there is one thing to consider in this remake. He may add Pokémon to some areas that are not found anywhere else in the game. Don't rule out this possibility; if the Pokémon you don't recognize in an area is not found ANYWHERE in the original game, leave it be. It's there because we can't trade from our emulators. That's it. :) My guess is this will happen more in Kanto and not Johto (unless it's in the 152-251 group).

Cyclone
This is not the case for this area, or any area. Any Pokémon you find that aren't supposed to be there are glitches and I would be thankful if they were reported. :)
Just a button that makes a sound in goldenrods market i wonder if you add it :P
http://i46.tinypic.com/i3i1bp.png

No, it's not even worth it to make that.

This is the mail from the spearow you get to give to a fat guy who gives you the NIGHTMARE TM in cd you get a letter but cant read it will this change in the future?
http://i47.tinypic.com/35cj5n5.png

In fact, you do get to "read" it; once you deliver the message, the guy that you give it to reads it exactly how it reads on the letter.

And a question, do we get umbreon and espeon like we did in crystal?

Yes, it's all in and working.
Responses in bold.
how did you deal with the phone thing? its amazing!
Thanks for the compliment! It was rather easy; I just found the dialogue, found where it was being called from, and then figured out the phone system quite easily. Sadly, I still haven't figured out the system for normal trainers.
I became the champion today hehe
The elite 4 and lances battle music, animations before the battle and rooms was just awesome you did an amazing job :)

Thanks!

The shuckle and the spearow with the letter we get are counted as traded pokemon but i didnt got them from a trade

I really didn't have much choice here. It was just simpler to make it from a trade, as it's not like any other "given" Pokémon; it's more like a traded one, but without the trade.

The secret areas behind the walls in those chambers wont activate when i use HMs

They're not supposed to activate with HMs; one needs a Water Stone and the other, a Ho-Oh.

In the bug catching contest there are different trainers appearing for the 3 different days i found a trainer that i couldnt see in crystal so i wonder if you made it have the same trainers from crystal or have random trainers

There are the same trainers in as in Crystal; they may have different chances of appearing, though.

In crystal when you surf you can talk, battle trainers, pick items from the land and be spotted by trainers and battle them if you are close to them in cd you cant tho will you change this if you can, i could read a sign while i was surfing in cd so i think you could do it easy

This would be pretty difficult to do with anything but signs, so it's staying as is.

The frontier thing you have in the trainers card menu still shows the frontier map from emerald and the players face in the map is the face of the emeralds male character when you are close in the battle tower in this hack

The Battle Tower is, as of now, unfinished and a work in progress. I only made the necessary modifications for it to not completely spazz out on entering, but nothing much else.

And a question for the end will you add this animation for more important characters only the elite 4 and the champion got it
You could add it for Silver, Eusine, the Gym leaders and some other trainers like the team rockets executives and custom trainers in your storyline in the sevii islands :)
http://i47.tinypic.com/swadtt.png

Nah, I'm keeping it only for the best of the best.
Responses in bold.
I'd like to offer a suggestion, regarding the stat menus. Perhaps you could change the palettes to what they were in Ruby and Sapphire? They were very close to the original stat screens in jap GSC regarding setup and colors, and I think it'd make the hack more authentic looking if you changed them up like this, rather than the new palettes emerald uses.

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad127/MrAPT1/StatusScreens.png
That's a really good idea! I've included it in the latest patch.
A quick suggestion, you cant escape in the fight with the wild voltorbs koffings and geodudes in team rockets hideout in mahogony in crystal in cd you can run away and the battle just restarts you could change this in the future

I'm going to try to fix this for Beta 3 because the method I have now is kind of a cop-out.

Edit:

For some reason its never sunday in my game and its wednesday instead and the people who give you items that boost the power of a attack type dont appear in wednesday saturday and sunday (well for sunday maybe bc its never sunday in my game)
I didnt use any cheats and the rtc should work fine on gameboid so idk whats wrong

I really can't help you much with Gameboid related problems as I don't have an Android to test it on, sorry.
Responses in bold.
Hey Diego if the person who works on the map tool wont update it will you add pokemon that appear in the night to random places?
You can add them in sevii or in kanto and johto as a bonus after completing the vanilla story
The most likely thing I'll do would be to add them in even if the map program isn't modified and hope for the best.
So I suppose the creator strictly went throught he path of original game. But at least the other two dogs as well as Johto legendaries be included:(

So does that means the game is same as that of oroiginal crytsal but only in gba format with nothing new?
Not quite. Well, for now it is, I suppose. But the entire hack is a very accurate remake of Crystal, and that's its main pull. After the storyline of Crystal is done, though, many other things will definitely be added, such as tie-ins to my other hack.
I once thought this was once just your generic remake of Crystal/Gold/Silver, like almost every other rom-hack out there, but then I notice you done good work, and I congratulate you.

Also, I haven't played it yet, but it looks impressive. Mainly because it's an Emerald hack.
Thanks for the compliments, but you really should play it sometime!
Since Ash and friends surfed on Lapras from island to island, it would further make sense if Surfing could be turned on and new water Routes created to allow passage; travel to the main entrance would still be by boat from Kanto, matching the anime. But that might be too much. Heck, a "New Island" with a Lv.100 Mewtwo on it would be awesome. :D

Cyclone
Ash and co. traveled from island to island in the Orange Islands, not the Sevii Islands. In fact, the animé never visited that location. But I might add in the ability to surf from one island to another; it's too early for me to say.
Different weather on different islands? Certainly possible.
For the moment, you can't get an Eon Mail, sorry.
Thanks for the compliment!
As this is a hack so the evolution changes as well as avaialablity of pokes upto 3rd ge must be at least available for catching right?

You will be able to catch all the 386 pokes most likely
And yeah the pokemon who evolve via trade can evolve with other ways

I think ElitePokes answered this right above you. As to how they each evolve, that I have no idea; I'm sure once the game is complete there will be a full list provided by diego (unless that part is already figured out and he might list them regardless).

Cyclone
I thought you guys would have more fun trying to see how they evolve yourselves, but here's the complete list of changed trade evolutions (only applicable to the latest patch):
Clamperl -> Gorebyss (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaScale
Clamperl -> Huntail (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaTooth
Graveler -> Golem: level 38
Haunter -> Gengar: level up with high happiness at night
Kadabra -> Alakazam: level up with high happiness in the day
Machoke -> Machamp: level 39
Onix -> Steelix: level up holding Metal Coat
Poliwhirl -> Politoed: level up holding King's Rock
Porygon -> Porygon2: level up holding Upgrade
Scyther -> Scizor: level up holding Metal Coat
Seadra -> Kingdra: level up holding Dragon Scale
Slowpoke -> Slowking: level up holding King's Rock
oh ok thanks cyclone. lovin it so far! keep it up!
Thanks!
Another thing which impresses me the creator's idea of a GB original game hack into an Emerald ROM as abase. Normally you see it on a FireRed ROM :classic:
Yeah, I decided to use Emerald after seeing all it had to offer versus FireRed.
I love this game. It is the best. I really want you to finish it.

Uh, yes. He is developing both this and Shining Opal in turn. Right now, it's Shining Opal.

Cyclone
This is true, but bugfixes (as you can see) are still being made.
Shining Opal you say han so I should check that out too
Yeah, you definitely should.
You could change this dialogue since sleeping Pokemon never appear in this hack yet
http://i49.tinypic.com/2uzxyc3.png
I'm keeping it in there because I might figure it out in the future.
I don't know if you played Crystal only on emulator but I believe Kurt was meant to create one ball per day.

Yeah u get multiple balls in the remakes too
I dont know if theres any limit on how many balls he can make in crystal i didnt found any info on wikipedia

Can confirm. I just got 10 Level Balls the other day in SS.

Cyclone

He can't make multiple balls in this hack for the same reason Mom can't hold your money: I'm not quite sure how to make a number selection box.
I don't believe the Town Map and phone calls were broken... But the download link is in the first post.
i remember playing shining opal this person is good
My thought is as he is working on two hacks at a time so he gets little time to look on both but cheer up it shall be fixed in future:cool:
VERY near future, in fact. ;)
And a question can we get Shuckle with Rock Smash like in Crystal so far i only get Krabbys
Yeah, Shuckle can make an appearance.

Thanks to everyone, and especially ElitePokes, for the posts over the last week or so! This game is becoming more and more polished due to your help! Keep reporting those bugs!

alienhunterx
November 19th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Thanx Diego for all my answers. Boy you are one caring hack owner.:)
Have you already posted the fixed beta on first page?

Hound of Justice
November 19th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Wew thank you very much for adding me in the Credits and for fixing all those bugs like alienhunterx said you are a caring hack owner ;)
And yeah lol im a crazy gamer who cares even about the most little details :D

Sorry for the Unown Puzzles i never did them in Crystal and though they require HMs xD
As for Spearow and Shuckle they are threated as traded pokemon in Crystal too i noticed it and was ready to edit my post but you replied before i could do it.
And lol the guy who gives you the Spearow said you can read the message but not lose it thats why i reported it :P
Man idk why im having problems with RTC with Gameboid ill try another emu for Android maybe ill get lucky
If AdvanceMap never gets updated you can include night Pokemon like Ghastly in locations that best fit them for example you could make an abandoned old haunted house in one of the islands and put Ghastly there ;)

Edit:

Well i think those are my last reports for Beta 2 i believe i did everything that can be done except the Battle Tower which isnt yet finished so i will just try your latest patch to check if anythings wrong and report back
This is nothing major just some little stuff i found in the previous patch i was playing

This dialogue is a bit different in this hack i reported it just in case you want to change it
http://i49.tinypic.com/23kdg92.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/1z1srx2.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/90c51z.png

Heh as for this window i think its opened because it uses the same model as the one in ELMs lab which is open maybe you could use the other closed window from the lab if it fits in the houses in Violet
http://i47.tinypic.com/24vmykx.pnghttp://i50.tinypic.com/2a7vd3l.png

And i was wondering if you will add Condition for the Poke Gear to check pokemon stats for the contests or was it replaced by Radio Card
http://i47.tinypic.com/34ooknr.png

Edit 2:

Damn still the same with Sunday on Gameboid but All Days seems to work as they should with My Boy! 1.1.14 Emulator too bad that the speed is slow 0.o
Well since this is an emu problem ill live with it and wait Gameboid to get updated (I Guess that will never happen xD) or buy a faster Android to play with full speed.
Atleast im glad that its not a bug of this hack :D

MrAPT1
November 20th, 2012, 09:44 AM
So, since this is a FRLG style remake, I thought I'd try my hand at making a remix of Cherrygrove city in the same kind of music style FRLG has, and I think it'd sound nice in your hack, so if you want the midi I have it right here.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/5598/Cherrygrove%2BCity%2BFRLG.mid

It uses the FRLG Viridian city voice group, so I assume there should be no need to edit stuff around to get it to sound right after running it through MID2AGB, or at least I assume that Emerald has the same instruments as FRLG does.

If you want a good idea of how it sounds in game, I have a video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUa914UEKDg

The only thing I have to ask is if you know how to loop music, since I can't. :cer_confused:

patrick_20052005
November 20th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I haven't played beta 2 yet, but i was thinking, would it be possible to have the old fr/lg trainer sprites in the hack be changed, specifically Sailor, Hiker, Lass, Youngster, Picknicker, bugcatcher, Camper, Scientist, Fisherman, Swimmer m and Swimmer f, beauty, Pokefan f, and Pokefan m, SchoolKid, Psychic (sorry they're quite a lot actually, but some sprites need not be such as: the same biker (rby, and gsc), juggler (frlg to hgss - recolor only) or some that have same poses (beauty fr/lg and beauty hg/ss)) just like how from rby they changed in appearance in gsc? Or if there are no sources, may i contribute some sprites for them; though i may not guarantee, or if you want to make things easier maybe resizing and recoloring some hgss trainer sprites to fit the gba could also work?

possible resizing only of hgss sprites: youngster, lass, bug catcher, scientist, swimmer f and swimmer m, supernerd, school kid, juggler (or simply a recolor)
notable mentions are: psychic, picknicker, camper, hiker, fisherman, sailor, pokefans f (specifically, there's no wailmer nor bonsly in crystal anyway) and pokefan m (these trainer sprites were also maintained from dppt to hgss). makes them quite poor imo since they were just recycled. thus i believe hgss lacks mostly in originality as compared to frlg.

although, seeing elitepokes screenshots of the game as well as the meticulous posts, i'll be rooting for this hack all the way. :)

diegoisawesome
November 20th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Thanx Diego for all my answers. Boy you are one caring hack owner.:)
Have you already posted the fixed beta on first page?

Thanks for the compliment! The beta can always be downloaded from the same page.
Wew thank you very much for adding me in the Credits and for fixing all those bugs like alienhunterx said you are a caring hack owner ;)
And yeah lol im a crazy gamer who cares even about the most little details :D

Sorry for the Unown Puzzles i never did them in Crystal and though they require HMs xD
As for Spearow and Shuckle they are threated as traded pokemon in Crystal too i noticed it and was ready to edit my post but you replied before i could do it.
And lol the guy who gives you the Spearow said you can read the message but not lose it thats why i reported it :P
Man idk why im having problems with RTC with Gameboid ill try another emu for Android maybe ill get lucky
If AdvanceMap never gets updated you can include night Pokemon like Ghastly in locations that best fit them for example you could make an abandoned old haunted house in one of the islands and put Ghastly there ;)

Like I said, even if it never gets updated, I'll put them in eventually.

Edit:

Well i think those are my last reports for Beta 2 i believe i did everything that can be done except the Battle Tower which isnt yet finished so i will just try your latest patch to check if anythings wrong and report back
This is nothing major just some little stuff i found in the previous patch i was playing

This dialogue is a bit different in this hack i reported it just in case you want to change it
http://i49.tinypic.com/23kdg92.pnghttp://i48.tinypic.com/1z1srx2.pnghttp://i49.tinypic.com/90c51z.png

I actually fixed up a few phrasings around the game; not too much though. I just think it looks better like I have it.

Heh as for this window i think its opened because it uses the same model as the one in ELMs lab which is open maybe you could use the other closed window from the lab if it fits in the houses in Violet
http://i47.tinypic.com/24vmykx.pnghttp://i50.tinypic.com/2a7vd3l.png

Blame my lack of custom tiles.

And i was wondering if you will add Condition for the Poke Gear to check pokemon stats for the contests or was it replaced by Radio Card
http://i47.tinypic.com/34ooknr.png

For the moment, it's replaced with the Radio Card, although I'll probably combine the Ribbon checker and condition checker into one menu once I get that far.

Edit 2:

Damn still the same with Sunday on Gameboid but All Days seems to work as they should with My Boy! 1.1.14 Emulator too bad that the speed is slow 0.o
Well since this is an emu problem ill live with it and wait Gameboid to get updated (I Guess that will never happen xD) or buy a faster Android to play with full speed.
Atleast im glad that its not a bug of this hack :D

Good news! I found an Android device I can use, I just hope Gameboid works on it.
Responses in bold.
So, since this is a FRLG style remake, I thought I'd try my hand at making a remix of Cherrygrove city in the same kind of music style FRLG has, and I think it'd sound nice in your hack, so if you want the midi I have it right here.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/5598/Cherrygrove%2BCity%2BFRLG.mid

It uses the FRLG Viridian city voice group, so I assume there should be no need to edit stuff around to get it to sound right after running it through MID2AGB, or at least I assume that Emerald has the same instruments as FRLG does.

If you want a good idea of how it sounds in game, I have a video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUa914UEKDg

The only thing I have to ask is if you know how to loop music, since I can't. :cer_confused:
I can certainly loop, and the song sounds pretty good. Let's continue talking over PMs.
I haven't played beta 2 yet, but i was thinking, would it be possible to have the old fr/lg trainer sprites in the hack be changed, specifically Sailor, Hiker, Lass, Youngster, Picknicker, bugcatcher, Camper, Scientist, Fisherman, Swimmer m and Swimmer f, beauty, Pokefan f, and Pokefan m, SchoolKid, Psychic (sorry they're quite a lot actually, but some sprites need not be such as: the same biker (rby, and gsc), juggler (frlg to hgss - recolor only) or some that have same poses (beauty fr/lg and beauty hg/ss)) just like how from rby they changed in appearance in gsc? Or if there are no sources, may i contribute some sprites for them; though i may not guarantee, or if you want to make things easier maybe resizing and recoloring some hgss trainer sprites to fit the gba could also work?

possible resizing only of hgss sprites: youngster, lass, bug catcher, scientist, swimmer f and swimmer m, supernerd, school kid, juggler (or simply a recolor)
notable mentions are: psychic, picknicker, camper, hiker, fisherman, sailor, pokefans f (specifically, there's no wailmer nor bonsly in crystal anyway) and pokefan m (these trainer sprites were also maintained from dppt to hgss). makes them quite poor imo since they were just recycled. thus i believe hgss lacks mostly in originality as compared to frlg.

although, seeing elitepokes screenshots of the game as well as the meticulous posts, i'll be rooting for this hack all the way. :)
I actually have the appropriate trainer sprites, it'd just take a long time to get them and their associated overworlds into the game.

Also, I made a change to the hack so big, so grand, it will blow you away from its sheer awesomeness!
Change log:

Shifted copyright on title screen over to the right by four pixels. XD

So yeah, download the latest patch if you (like me) were really annoyed by that off-center text.

patrick_20052005
November 20th, 2012, 10:01 PM
yeah, blame my ignorance, i have only played beta 1 up to national park or sudowoodo, can't remember how far, it's been a while. thanks for the updates! :)

edit: lol for the update, blame perfectionism. :p

Cyclone
November 20th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Also, I made a change to the hack so big, so grand, it will blow you away from its sheer awesomeness!
Change log:

This changes the entire hack immensely. It must be played again as this change will provide a great increase in enjoyment to the hack.

(That what you were going for? ;) )

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami
November 21st, 2012, 01:00 AM
Change log:

So yeah, download the latest patch if you (like me) were really annoyed by that off-center text.
IT CAN'T BE! Such an beatufiul and purely awesome update!
You almost gave me a heart attack!

diegoisawesome
November 21st, 2012, 07:30 AM
yeah, blame my ignorance, i have only played beta 1 up to national park or sudowoodo, can't remember how far, it's been a while. thanks for the updates! :)

edit: lol for the update, blame perfectionism. :p
They're not actually IN the hack. I said that it would take a long time for them to insert, meaning they aren't actually in yet. It would just take a really long time to insert them, and I don't even have their appropriate overworld sprites, so they would look strange.
This changes the entire hack immensely. It must be played again as this change will provide a great increase in enjoyment to the hack.

(That what you were going for? ;) )

Cyclone

IT CAN'T BE! Such an beatufiul and purely awesome update!
You almost gave me a heart attack!
Yeah, I know, right? The text now is so grand and beautiful...

Hound of Justice
November 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
OH MY GOSH WHAT AN UPDATE!!! Lol
Im sure your Android will open Gameboid that emu works on almost every device at max speed even basic devices

patrick_20052005
November 22nd, 2012, 01:13 AM
They're not actually IN the hack. I said that it would take a long time for them to insert, meaning they aren't actually in yet. It would just take a really long time to insert them, and I don't even have their appropriate overworld sprites, so they would look strange.

Yeah, I know, right? The text now is so grand and beautiful...

oh that's fine. at least there's plans on adding them soon, appropriate overworlds, uhmm, would it be possible for some recolors on some of the old overworlds to match the new ones you will be using? since the transition from rby to gsc used the same overworlds for the trainers (unless of course i believe you wanted it to match entirely, it's better that way since it makes this remake all the more better than hgss). but i appreciate the replies and the updates so far. :)

diegoisawesome
November 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
OH MY GOSH WHAT AN UPDATE!!! Lol
Im sure your Android will open Gameboid that emu works on almost every device at max speed even basic devices
Do you know if it'll run well on an Inspire II?
oh that's fine. at least there's plans on adding them soon, appropriate overworlds, uhmm, would it be possible for some recolors on some of the old overworlds to match the new ones you will be using? since the transition from rby to gsc used the same overworlds for the trainers (unless of course i believe you wanted it to match entirely, it's better that way since it makes this remake all the more better than hgss). but i appreciate the replies and the updates so far. :)
...There's no plans on adding them soon, and I don't think I said anything about that. That being said, however, there's still the possibility of having the new ones in the future. But probably the far future.

Also, it's time for another update! *cue collective groan from fans*
Yeah, I know, too many updates recently. I think I should either call this the "Diego, stop making so many updates!" Update or... the Beginnings of New Music Update!

tonti is now working with me to bring the GBC music to (better) life with a fresh, new soundtrack, starting with Cherrygrove City for some odd reason. Also, Azalea Town and Violet City have had their pitches changed to sound more accurate to their GBC counterparts. In the future, the missing tracks, such as Eusine's theme, Clair's theme, and the two themes for the Bug-Catching Contest, will be added to the game. Afterwards, revamps of the Pokémon Center and Pokécom Center themes are planned, and after that... Who knows?

Hound of Justice
November 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Very nice i love to see this hack getting updated i cant wait to listen the new music on the future update ;)
Can you post the Inspire 2 cpu speed i never had one so idk if it can run Gameboid, my E15i XPERIA can run CrystalDust without any problems and i think i get 60 FPS all the time and my phone is medium specs

diegoisawesome
November 22nd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Very nice i love to see this hack getting updated i cant wait.to listen the new music on the future update ;)
Can you post the Inspire 2 cpu speed i never had one so idk if it can run Gameboid, my E15i XPERIA can run CrystalDust without any problems and i think i get 60 FPS all the time and my phone is medium specs
Just curious, what did you think of the new Cherrygrove theme that's in-game? I'd like to get other peoples's opinions on it besides myself and tonti's. I made a mistake on the name; it's called the Exhibit II. Its clock speed is 1 GHz and has 512 MB RAM. I doubt its ability to run Gameboid because I've seen it struggle with other, average intensity tasks.

alienhunterx
November 22nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Lol your profile shows you are working hard on Shining Opal but here you are telling us updates of CrystalDust not that ha ha

Cyclone
November 23rd, 2012, 06:26 AM
Lol your profile shows you are working hard on Shining Opal but here you are telling us updates of CrystalDust not that ha ha
Quickie bugfixes. :)

Cyclone

patrick_20052005
November 23rd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Do you know if it'll run well on an Inspire II?

...There's no plans on adding them soon, and I don't think I said anything about that. That being said, however, there's still the possibility of having the new ones in the future. But probably the far future.

Also, it's time for another update! *cue collective groan from fans*
Yeah, I know, too many updates recently. I think I should either call this the "Diego, stop making so many updates!" Update or... the Beginnings of New Music Update!

tonti is now working with me to bring the GBC music to (better) life with a fresh, new soundtrack, starting with Cherrygrove City for some odd reason. Also, Azalea Town and Violet City have had their pitches changed to sound more accurate to their GBC counterparts. In the future, the missing tracks, such as Eusine's theme, Clair's theme, and the two themes for the Bug-Catching Contest, will be added to the game. Afterwards, revamps of the Pokémon Center and Pokécom Center themes are planned, and after that... Who knows?

Let's just say im keeping my hopes up for them in the FAR future. =))

Hound of Justice
November 23rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
I like the new music more than the old one ;)
Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol

Cyclone
November 23rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol
And therein you just explained why the others lag. More features.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
November 23rd, 2012, 12:22 PM
Nah lol i dont think thats the problem those features should have no impact on performance like the auto IPS and UPS patching on My Boy! emu for example :D

mikethepokemaster
November 25th, 2012, 05:38 AM
in the game after i beat busy and get his badge i go the exit and the rival come up to battle but after the battle start instead of saying the rivals name it pull a bunch of gibberish and doesn't play.

Hound of Justice
November 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Hm do you use the latest patch, did you used any cheats or glitches and which Emu are you using?
Ill check if this happens to me too

mikethepokemaster
November 25th, 2012, 01:39 PM
im using emulator v.23.2 and the cheats i used was master ball cheats and rare candy cheats. maybe

Hound of Justice
November 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Hmm you mean VBA-ReRecoding or Tigra Emulator for Android?

mikethepokemaster
November 25th, 2012, 03:00 PM
the recording vba i use the compurtER to play my Rom or i use my jpsp to play my Roms.

alienhunterx
November 26th, 2012, 12:20 AM
So Diego, will you add Kanto full or there will be another beta where the game would be completed

diegoisawesome
November 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Yeah, only because there's so much things that could be done to make CrystalDust even better and I keep getting distracted by them.
All right, then I have slightly higher hopes now. XD
in the game after i beat busy and get his badge i go the exit and the rival come up to battle but after the battle start instead of saying the rivals name it pull a bunch of gibberish and doesn't play.
That sounds like the rival name didn't load from the save file into memory. Are you using 64KB save files or 128KB save files?
im using emulator v.23.2 and the cheats i used was master ball cheats and rare candy cheats. maybe
Or it could be cheats. Don't use cheats with ROM hacks, unexpected things might happen.
So Diego, will you add Kanto full or there will be another beta where the game would be completed
The next beta will either have a partly finished Kanto or a completely finished Kanto, but neither will mean the game is complete.

eragon_1121
November 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM
First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!

diegoisawesome
November 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
First off, wanted to say that I absolutely love this hack as well as Shining Opal; you really put a lot of effort into both and I applaud you. Secondly, I want to know if I'm the only one having problems with Sprout Tower. Whenever a wild pokemon or trainer battle is triggered, the game freezes and I can't continue. I have not been able to make it past the second floor, so I don't know if the problem persists for the rest of the tower. I'm using My Boy! Free for Android. I'm hoping someone can find a fix for this; if not, I can always transfer my save to my computer and continue using VBA, because it seems no one else had raised this issue. Thanks in advance!
Ack, my bad. I managed to break the indoor battle tileset with one of my recent updates; today's update fixes that issue.

Also in today's update: more music from tonti (and the proper credits for him in the music section)! This time, it's Eusine's and Clair's themes. Even if this doesn't matter to you, you should still update as the bug reported by eragon_1121 is fixed in this version.

patrick_20052005
November 27th, 2012, 07:30 AM

no wonder i couldn't progress. thanks for posting. :)

eragon_1121
November 27th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Ack, my bad. I managed to break the indoor battle tileset with one of my recent updates; today's update fixes that issue.

Also in today's update: more music from tonti (and the proper credits for him in the music section)! This time, it's Eusine's and Clair's themes. Even if this doesn't matter to you, you should still update as the bug reported by eragon_1121 is fixed in this version.

Works perfectly now, thanks! I also wanted to mention that when I battled Falkner, the background was a bunch of red, black, and white lines that looked really weird. However, I was able to finish the battle just fine, so it's nothing gamebreaking. Also, this was on the previous version and not the latest update, so I don't know if it's been fixed already.

By the way, the music is fantastic. Best of luck and keep up the great work!

Hound of Justice
November 27th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks for reporting the Tin Towers bug i also had it when i played with My Boy! to check mikethepokemasters bug report about Azalea
And thanks Diego for the quickfix and new music ill check it out :D

Chaos Rush
November 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Any chance that you'll ever fix the hardware saving issue? I understand that JPAN was the one that made the variable-RAM-repointing patch, and that he only re-released a non-glitched version for FireRed. But considering the ASM hacks you've made, I'm just wondering if you can look into it. It won't even save properly on the homebrew Wii emulator for GBA (VisualBoyAdvance Gx).

I would really like to play this hack, and there are very few hacks that I bother playing on hardware. Consider that as a compliment, because it means through just the screenshots I can see the amount of effort you've put in. Basically, if it looks crappy, I won't bother playing it, or I'll play it on an emulator at 1000% speed just for fun. But if it looks like a decent quality hack, I'm definitely putting it on my flashcart and playing through it thoroughly.

(Also would you like for me to sprite a Johto tree for you? I've brought up the point in the past that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had separate trees, but in your hack you're just using FR/LG trees, but you said you would change it if someone made a new tree, and of course you'll use the standard FR/LG tree for Kanto)

diegoisawesome
November 27th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Works perfectly now, thanks! I also wanted to mention that when I battled Falkner, the background was a bunch of red, black, and white lines that looked really weird. However, I was able to finish the battle just fine, so it's nothing gamebreaking. Also, this was on the previous version and not the latest update, so I don't know if it's been fixed already.

By the way, the music is fantastic. Best of luck and keep up the great work!
Argh, not again. This time I found out that I screwed up the gym leader battle palette. Today's patch fixes that as well as adds new Jasmine overworld sprites by Retribution.
Any chance that you'll ever fix the hardware saving issue? I understand that JPAN was the one that made the variable-RAM-repointing patch, and that he only re-released a non-glitched version for FireRed. But considering the ASM hacks you've made, I'm just wondering if you can look into it. It won't even save properly on the homebrew Wii emulator for GBA (VisualBoyAdvance Gx).

I would really like to play this hack, and there are very few hacks that I bother playing on hardware. Consider that as a compliment, because it means through just the screenshots I can see the amount of effort you've put in. Basically, if it looks crappy, I won't bother playing it, or I'll play it on an emulator at 1000% speed just for fun. But if it looks like a decent quality hack, I'm definitely putting it on my flashcart and playing through it thoroughly.

(Also would you like for me to sprite a Johto tree for you? I've brought up the point in the past that in G/S/C, Johto and Kanto had separate trees, but in your hack you're just using FR/LG trees, but you said you would change it if someone made a new tree, and of course you'll use the standard FR/LG tree for Kanto)
I hope to fix it soon, but the issue wi that is the way that JPAN had to rewrite it. Basically, he looked at every save block to find out where the free space was... Obviously, this will be different seeing as it's Emerald and not FireRed. I think I'm going to try to tackle this issue soon, though.

Look out for more music in a new update coming soon!

UltraNerdtendo64
November 27th, 2012, 11:11 PM
How far into the game does this go?
I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.