PDA

View Full Version : Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

alienhunterx
November 27th, 2012, 11:50 PM
How far into the game does this go?
I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.
The current Beta 2 covers all the events of Johto and the Kanto Elite Four battles. I am sure he will add Kanto session in new beta 3

ℨᶾanana
November 28th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cool Hack .. I love your Tiles.. I need To learn how to make the cool Hack like you...and right now i'm gonna play this Hack.. ^^ Wooohoo!!

eragon_1121
November 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Argh, not again. This time I found out that I screwed up the gym leader battle palette. Today's patch fixes that as well as adds new Jasmine overworld sprites by Retribution.

Really appreciate the fast updates. Unfortunately, I've noticed a few other problems. The pokedex doesn't register the pokemon I catch, so my starter is the only pokemon that my pokedex says I own. Also, the pokegear doesn't register any trainers, except for Youngster Joey, even though the dialogue it triggered, so the only people whose phone numbers I have are Mom, Professor Elm, and Joey. Hoping you can find a fix for these, thanks.

UltraNerdtendo64
November 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Really appreciate the fast updates. Unfortunately, I've noticed a few other problems. The pokedex doesn't register the pokemon I catch, so my starter is the only pokemon that my pokedex says I own. Also, the pokegear doesn't register any trainers, except for Youngster Joey, even though the dialogue it triggered, so the only people whose phone numbers I have are Mom, Professor Elm, and Joey. Hoping you can find a fix for these, thanks.

Actually it does.
You have to leave the route, then go talk to the . One example is Fisherman Ralph (He is south from Violet City)
I talked to him after the battle. Nothing. I went to heal up, talked to him again, he asked to register me. I said yes and now he tells me when rare Pokemon are available to encounter in the water. :)

alienhunterx
November 28th, 2012, 11:56 PM
So this means that registering feature of Gen 2 is still available in this hack. Cool

diegoisawesome
November 29th, 2012, 05:15 AM
How far into the game does this go?
I would like to thoroughly play an actual DECENT Crystal Remake.

The current Beta 2 covers all the events of Johto and the Kanto Elite Four battles. I am sure he will add Kanto session in new beta 3
This is true, Beta 2 finishes right after the first credits (after the Champion).
Cool Hack .. I love your Tiles.. I need To learn how to make the cool Hack like you...and right now i'm gonna play this Hack.. ^^ Wooohoo!!
My tiles? Haha, most of them are FireRed tiles. The custom ones, however, you can thank Pokémon Palladium Project for.
The first one, I'm not having. Pokémon register fine for me. The Pokégear not registering any trainers is because I haven't programmed them in yet due to a lack of knowledge about how they work.
Actually it does.
You have to leave the route, then go talk to the . One example is Fisherman Ralph (He is south from Violet City)
I talked to him after the battle. Nothing. I went to heal up, talked to him again, he asked to register me. I said yes and now he tells me when rare Pokemon are available to encounter in the water. :)
...No, this doesn't work. Like I said, I haven't programmed the trainers in. So he can't call you for any rare Pokémon in the water...
So this means that registering feature of Gen 2 is still available in this hack. Cool

Nope, sorry, not yet.

Hound of Justice
November 29th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I have found some more trainers who can be registered and also my pokegear was flashing once and idk why lmao.
I hope you find a way to make all trainers to be able to reg you bc i need the evolution stones xD

diegoisawesome
November 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I have found some more trainers who can be registered and also my pokegear was flashing once and idk why lmao.
I hope you find a way to make all trainers to be able to reg you bc i need the evolution stones xD
Let me just make it clear that any and all trainers you can register the phone number of have not been programmed into the game by me and thus will not work properly. None of them will call to rematch (I think) and none of them will do their special event.

alienhunterx
November 29th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Let me just make it clear that any and all trainers you can register the phone number of have not been programmed into the game by me and thus will not work properly. None of them will call to rematch (I think) and none of them will do their special event.
So will you at least put that feature in beta 3 or not? Please do as some of them are very important NPCs you know;)

UltraNerdtendo64
November 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM
By the way, if this isn't too much of a bother, can you please, for fun, add in a Battle Frontier-ish place with the original Emerald Frontier Brains and Frontier Brains Theme (It's my 2nd favourite theme in all of Emerald)? And maybe get a passport or something from the old man on the SS Aqua (I think it was) after finding his granddaughter?

Hound of Justice
December 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
Yeah none of them ever call for a rematch or event some times the rematch icon my appear near a trainers name but nothing happens if you try to battle them again.
The only calls you get so far are the 4 from elm (stolen pokemon,egg,team rocket and master ball) and 1 from mom if you dont take the running shoes.

Anyway i tried one of your latest patches and liked the bug fixes and the changes like the new music and the ability to use the bike in gatehouses thank you for that.

In my playthrough however i found 2 new bugs:

1. Weird letter in the Dialogue with 1 of the WISE TRIO Members who dont let you to go to the Tin Tower after you get the Badge from the Ecruteaks Gym
Sorry i dont have a pic because theres no option to take a screenshot with My Boy! Emu
2. This is a weird one, something is wrong with the Pokedex my starter wasnt registered and some pokemon that i saw wasnt either, when my cyndaquil evolved the quilava was registered and the pokemon from the odd egg was registeted too.
I was near in the end of the game and my pokedex only had like 10 pokemon registered as seen and 2 as catched...
And the pokemon data always changes after a while other pokemon get registeted as seen and other just dissapear idk what could be wrong all my emu settings are fine so i think something is wrong with the hack i never had this kind of bug with the older versions

And the Sunday bug is back again even on My Boy! emu, Its again Wednesday instead of Sunday and some of the npcs who give you items on different days of the week dont appear idk whats wrong with the Android Emus :(

Edit: Heres the dialogue with the weird letter:
We, the WISE TRIO, are the protectors of the legendery POKeMON.

Btw @mikethepokemaster i didnt got the bug you was talking about it must have been caused by cheats like Diego said n you could try VBA-M its better

Edit 2: The Pokedex bug appears on Gameboid aswell can anyone check if this happens with VBA-M

diegoisawesome
December 1st, 2012, 01:38 PM
So will you at least put that feature in beta 3 or not? Please do as some of them are very important NPCs you know;)
I hope I can, but don't take that as confirmation.
By the way, if this isn't too much of a bother, can you please, for fun, add in a Battle Frontier-ish place with the original Emerald Frontier Brains and Frontier Brains Theme (It's my 2nd favourite theme in all of Emerald)? And maybe get a passport or something from the old man on the SS Aqua (I think it was) after finding his granddaughter?
That's the plan, once the rest of the game is done. Although since the Battle Tower is right off of Olivine, I don't think a passport would be needed.
Yeah none of them ever call for a rematch or event some times the rematch icon my appear near a trainers name but nothing happens if you try to battle them again.
The only calls you get so far are the 4 from elm (stolen pokemon,egg,team rocket and master ball) and 1 from mom if you dont take the running shoes.

Anyway i tried one of your latest patches and liked the bug fixes and the changes like the new music and the ability to use the bike in gatehouses thank you for that.

In my playthrough however i found 2 new bugs:

1. Weird letter in the Dialogue with 1 of the WISE TRIO Members who dont let you to go to the Tin Tower after you get the Badge from the Ecruteaks Gym
Sorry i dont have a pic because theres no option to take a screenshot with My Boy! Emu
2. This is a weird one, something is wrong with the Pokedex my starter wasnt registered and some pokemon that i saw wasnt either, when my cyndaquil evolved the quilava was registered and the pokemon from the odd egg was registeted too.
I was near in the end of the game and my pokedex only had like 10 pokemon registered as seen and 2 as catched...
And the pokemon data always changes after a while other pokemon get registeted as seen and other just dissapear idk what could be wrong all my emu settings are fine so i think something is wrong with the hack i never had this kind of bug with the older versions

And the Sunday bug is back again even on My Boy! emu, Its again Wednesday instead of Sunday and some of the npcs who give you items on different days of the week dont appear idk whats wrong with the Android Emus :(

Edit: Heres the dialogue with the weird letter:
We, the WISE TRIO, are the protectors of the legendery POKeMON.

Btw @mikethepokemaster i didnt got the bug you was talking about it must have been caused by cheats like Diego said n you could try VBA-M its better

Edit 2: The Pokedex bug appears on Gameboid aswell can anyone check if this happens with VBA-M
Wow, my bad. The patch from a short time ago that enabled sprites to be seen from other maps screwed up the Pokédex... That has now been fixed and uploaded, as well as the small text bug with the Sages.

Also new in this update: inescapable Pokémon, new music (and Silver sprite) from tonti, and new Falkner overworld sprite from Retribution!
And now more in-depth:
Pokémon that were inescapable in Crystal (such as Suicune or the Pokémon in the Rocket Hideout) are now inescapable in CrystalDust!
New music from tonti includes the two Bug-Catching Contest themes and a new Goldenrod City theme! The Silver battle sprite has also been updated by him.
A new and not-crap Falkner overworld sprite, made by Retribution, makes its debut!

Please share your opinions on all the new things in the thread!
(Don't worry, Android testing coming soon)

Hound of Justice
December 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM
Wow that was very fast lmao!
I like the list of changes and fixes in the new patch ill try it today when my net gets faster i can barely open this page haha :D
I wonder how could the sprites cause the dex glitch 0.o
Can you give an example of a use of the sprites that can be seen from other maps?
Thanks again for fixing the Dex for a moment i thot that its another Android exclusive bug :(

Cyclone
December 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
ElitePokes, you forgot to mention Baboa in the Safari Zone. His calls are scripted after you meet him and he registers you. ;)

But that was an addition to HG/SS and wasn't in the original Crystal. The question becomes whether diego is including the Safari Zone, in which case we have to account for this.

Cyclone

Shiny Zard
December 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
If this was more of HG&SS or Crystal, I would still play it! But is this legit or not: I found a Shiny Magikarp on the first try in the lake of rage.

Hound of Justice
December 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
I was talking about the available phone calls you get in this hack and its based on Crystal not the remakes so i didnt forgot anything :D

If this was more of HG&SS or Crystal, I would still play it! But is this legit or not: I found a Shiny Magikarp on the first try in the lake of rage.

Ofc it is your very lucky and congrats the only shiny pokemon i had in this hack was the famous red gyarados and the shiny pokemon from odd eggs :(
Buy its ok since im just testing the betas id have to delete my saves anyway :D

diegoisawesome
December 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Wow that was very fast lmao!
I like the list of changes and fixes in the new patch ill try it today when my net gets faster i can barely open this page haha :D
I wonder how could the sprites cause the dex glitch 0.o
Can you give an example of a use of the sprites that can be seen from other maps?
Thanks again for fixing the Dex for a moment i thot that its another Android exclusive bug :(
It was because the address that the mod was using accidentally overwrote the Pokédex caught/seen locations.
And an example of that would be the border between Routes 38 and 39; you can see a Beauty from Route 39 and a Cooltrainer from Route 38. That, or Azalea and Route 33; you can see the Hiker from Azalea.
ElitePokes, you forgot to mention Baboa in the Safari Zone. His calls are scripted after you meet him and he registers you. ;)

But that was an addition to HG/SS and wasn't in the original Crystal. The question becomes whether diego is including the Safari Zone, in which case we have to account for this.

Cyclone
I will not be having Baboa in the game, nor the Cianwood Safari Zone; you'll just have to wait and see for the Safari Zone.
That Shiny Magikarp is legit, nice job! Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that first sentence.

Android mini-update released! The Android day of the week bug has now been fixed! :D

Hound of Justice
December 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
And i just sent a bug report to the My Boy Devs about that bug haha :D
Thanks for the fix man this bug was annoying n thnx for the example thats a cool feature
Ur a Bug Killing Machine :D

patrick_20052005
December 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
I hope I can, but don't take that as confirmation.

Also new in this update: inescapable Pokémon, new music (and Silver sprite) from tonti, and new Falkner overworld sprite from Retribution!
And now more in-depth:
Pokémon that were inescapable in Crystal (such as Suicune or the Pokémon in the Rocket Hideout) are now inescapable in CrystalDust!
New music from tonti includes the two Bug-Catching Contest themes and a new Goldenrod City theme! The Silver battle sprite has also been updated by him.
A new and not-crap Falkner overworld sprite, made by Retribution, makes its debut!

Please share your opinions on all the new things in the thread!
(Don't worry, Android testing coming soon)
great update, i'll see what i can do for the upcoming patches. i hope i can contribute to the changes of this hack.

diegoisawesome
December 1st, 2012, 03:51 PM
And i just sent a bug report to the My Boy Devs about that bug haha :D
Thanks for the fix man this bug was annoying
Ur a Bug Killing Machine :D
Haha, thanks. It was a big problem on my part; the algorithms that I'd made to calculate the day of the week weren't exactly watertight.
great update, i'll see what i can do for the upcoming patches. i hope i can contribute to the changes of this hack.
That would be really nice! If anyone has anything they would like to add to the game, be it sprites, music, or what-have-you, feel free to contact me about it!

patrick_20052005
December 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
That would be really nice! If anyone has anything they would like to add to the game, be it sprites, music, or what-have-you, feel free to contact me about it!
you're welcome, i sent you a message, when i get to play the patch, i hope to send my feedback for the possible changes as well.

Hound of Justice
December 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Id love to have Pokemon following you like in the Remakes but i guess thats very hard to do :D
But can this be done at all?
Lol something like this but replace if with a Pokemon OW :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=UuQ_RbpeLPM

Chaos Rush
December 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM
I have some questions regarding Kanto:

1) Are you going to keep the maps the same size as they were in FR/LG, or are you going to shrink them like G/S/C did? (hint: please don't shrink them)
2) Will Cerulean/Fuschia & Cinnabar actually have their correct music like in HG/SS, or are you going to just make them use the Viridian City music like G/S/C did? (hint: please let them have their correct music)
3) Will Cerulean Cave be included?
3a) If Cerulean Cave is included, will it use the Rocket Hideout music from FR/LG, or will it have generic Kanto cave music like in HG/SS?
4) Will Seafoam Islands be fully included (and by fully included, I don't mean just Blaine's Gym like in G/S/C, I mean Blaine's Gym AND the actual cave like in HG/SS)
4a) If Seafoam Islands is fully included, will it use Viridian Forest music like in R/B/Y & FR/LG, or will it use Ice Path music like in HG/SS?
5) Are you considering restoring Route 23, or at least adding an explanation as to why it magically disappeared?
6) Will the Kanto Safari Zone be included?
7) Will Viridian Forest be included?

diegoisawesome
December 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Id love to have Pokemon following you like in the Remakes but i guess thats very hard to do :D
But can this be done at all?
Lol something like this but replace if with a Pokemon OW :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=UuQ_RbpeLPM
It's not possible to do since nobody's figured out how to make a sprite follow you. Besides that, I would have to have every single sprite of every single Pokémon in the game, and I can't do that.
I have some questions regarding Kanto: (Please be aware that my answers only represent the planned Kanto, as I haven't gotten there yet)

1) Are you going to keep the maps the same size as they were in FR/LG, or are you going to shrink them like G/S/C did? (hint: please don't shrink them) Sorry, they're being shrunk.
2) Will Cerulean/Fuschia & Cinnabar actually have their correct music like in HG/SS, or are you going to just make them use the Viridian City music like G/S/C did? (hint: please let them have their correct music) Sorry, they're having the same music as in GSC.
3) Will Cerulean Cave be included? Possibly.
3a) If Cerulean Cave is included, will it use the Rocket Hideout music from FR/LG, or will it have generic Kanto cave music like in HG/SS? I haven't even thought that far yet.
4) Will Seafoam Islands be fully included (and by fully included, I don't mean just Blaine's Gym like in G/S/C, I mean Blaine's Gym AND the actual cave like in HG/SS) Possibly.
4a) If Seafoam Islands is fully included, will it use Viridian Forest music like in R/B/Y & FR/LG, or will it use Ice Path music like in HG/SS? Again, still haven't gotten there.
5) Are you considering restoring Route 23, or at least adding an explanation as to why it magically disappeared? Not really, sorry.
6) Will the Kanto Safari Zone be included? No, the Safari Zone has been moved to the Sevii Islands.
7) Will Viridian Forest be included? If you mean as its own map, then no.
Responses in bold. I'm sorry that most of them aren't what you wanted to hear, but that's just the style of this remake.

Hound of Justice
December 1st, 2012, 04:41 PM
Too bad that would be very cool :(
Anyway my net is back to normal and i got the latest patch so bye im gna see you later haha
Oh and i forgot to ask about Magnemites do they hold Metal Coats in this hack?
In Crystal theres 8% chance to encounter 1 with metal coat i fought so many magnemites in this hack and used thief but never got any metal coat :(

patrick_20052005
December 1st, 2012, 05:22 PM
I was thinking if it would be possible to resize the gold, silver and crystal trainer sprites in order for them be with the same height with the fr/lg red, green and blue trainer sprites. If this seems confusing, i can post a picture for it. Since i think they look tall for their age. :D

Chaos Rush
December 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM
No, the Safari Zone has been moved to the Sevii Islands.
Please don't tell me you're going to shrink the Sevii Islands as well...

Cyclone
December 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM
Hopefully not shrunk, but if my idea holds, they might all be connected by Surfing Routes (and thus the actual minimap, if you were to envision it, would shrink). That was my proposal to this. There would have to be dark water that is not surfable as rocks all over the place would make no logical sense (though a middle between the two for Dive spots is logical and could connect all islands).

Cyclone

diegoisawesome
December 1st, 2012, 06:30 PM
Too bad that would be very cool :(
Anyway my net is back to normal and i got the latest patch so bye im gna see you later haha
In Crystal theres 8% chance to encounter 1 with metal coat i fought so many magnemites in this hack and used thief but never got any metal coat :(
Magnemites do, in fact, hold Metal Coatd; I'm not sure of the chances though.
I was thinking if it would be possible to resize the gold, silver and crystal trainer sprites in order for them be with the same height with the fr/lg red, green and blue trainer sprites. If this seems confusing, i can post a picture for it. Since i think they look tall for their age. :D
Yeah, it does seem a bit confusing. Could you post that picture?
Actually, I think I'd have to, to make it fit with the style of mapping of the rest of the game.

Hound of Justice
December 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Well ok atleast i know they hold the item i just hope i get it fast there are a lot of different pokemon in that route so it can get very annoying i start to hate every rattata/raticate i encounter there :D

Cyclone
December 1st, 2012, 07:03 PM
I have that problem in official games, too. Took me a lot of Solrocks over two sessions (based on battery...and patience) to find a Sun Stone.

Cyclone

patrick_20052005
December 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
Magnemites do, in fact, hold Metal Coatd; I'm not sure of the chances though.

Yeah, it does seem a bit confusing. Could you post that picture?

Actually, I think I'd have to, to make it fit with the style of mapping of the rest of the game.

So yeah, here are the sprites in the game if i'm not mistaken. I put the number of pixels on top of the sprite to indicate how many pixels off or under the actual ones are. I tested the protagonists of fr/lg, and they have the same height. Although this doesn't simply imply that reducing the pixels vertically anywhere on the sprite in order to lower their height, we still need to make their height proportionate to the official ones.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/size_comparison_protagonist.png

For the rival, i believe the frlg rival is a pixel or something taller than the protagonists, so i had it separated from the rest.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/size_comparison_rival.png

cheers, let me know what you think about it. :)

Hound of Justice
December 1st, 2012, 09:54 PM
Heh i have lots of patience but this is getting frustrating.
And btw there must have be a 5% chance to find one with metal claw like in emerald since this hack uses this game as a base

diegoisawesome
December 1st, 2012, 10:12 PM
So yeah, here are the sprites in the game if i'm not mistaken. I put the number of pixels on top of the sprite to indicate how many pixels off or under the actual ones are. I tested the protagonists of fr/lg, and they have the same height. Although this doesn't simply imply that reducing the pixels vertically anywhere on the sprite in order to lower their height, we still need to make their height proportionate to the official ones.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/size_comparison_protagonist.png

For the rival, i believe the frlg rival is a pixel or something taller than the protagonists, so i had it separated from the rest.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/size_comparison_rival.png

cheers, let me know what you think about it. :)
I see what you mean now. Yeah, they are certainly differently proportioned. Personally, Silver looks fine, but the hero sprites need to be changed.

Cyclone
December 1st, 2012, 10:31 PM
Heh i have lots of patience but this is getting frustrating.
And btw there must have be a 5% chance to find one with metal claw like in emerald since this hack uses this game as a base
I think what helped me was having a Lv.70ish Scrafty knowing Thief against Lv.48 Solrocks on Route 13 (again, in Unova). Thief at times knocks them out in one blow. When I finally got my Sun Stone (which got cloned immediately, and my original post about that adventure is in the Unova Journal thread at the top), the Solrock fainted on that first attack despite it being only 40 base power.

And yes, that Sun Stone was a 5% chance. And yes, I saw a couple dozen Solrocks in the session where I got it - plus enemies that keep you from running away and force you to waste time (yes, they stopped Lv.70 Pokés from running away).

Cyclone

patrick_20052005
December 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM
I see what you mean now. Yeah, they are certainly differently proportioned. Personally, Silver looks fine, but the hero sprites need to be changed.

Alright, thank you for your consideration. I just played through the latest patch, i haven't found any bugs, but i haven't visited much homes in the towns though, I only just collected badges quick and i've made it to ecruteak city.

Here are my thoughts, only minor suggestions though:

1. The pokegear background picture features a pokenav, not a pokegear.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/change_pokenav_bg_image.png

Yes, i know the pokegear is still a work in progress, but may i suggest that the background picture on the pokegear's menu be changed to the pokegear instead of the pokenav?

2. The mystery egg sprite, well i was wondering if you could replace it with the hg/ss one, since you used the squirtbottle..
This:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/mystery_egg_sprite.png

replace it with this:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/f9/Bag_Mystery_Egg_Sprite.png

diegoisawesome
December 2nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Alright, thank you for your consideration. I just played through the latest patch, i haven't found any bugs, but i haven't visited much homes in the towns though, I only just collected badges quick and i've made it to ecruteak city.

Here are my thoughts, only minor suggestions though:

1. The pokegear background picture features a pokenav, not a pokegear.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/change_pokenav_bg_image.png

Yes, i know the pokegear is still a work in progress, but may i suggest that the background picture on the pokegear's menu be changed to the pokegear instead of the pokenav?

2. The mystery egg sprite, well i was wondering if you could replace it with the hg/ss one, since you used the squirtbottle..
This:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/mystery_egg_sprite.png

replace it with this:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/f9/Bag_Mystery_Egg_Sprite.png
I have my spriter making the Pokégear sprite now, and I may swap out the egg sprites in the future.

In today's update: Goldenrod City Revamped!
http://i.imgur.com/IAjHb.png

Thanks to a new palette and a few new tiles, Goldenrod City feels completely different!
Personally, I think it's much improved over the last version. Tell me what you guys think!

Hound of Justice
December 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Ok ill download the new patch and try it ;)
Btw has the Ruins of Alph music changed and the poison animation when you are walking out of a battle

Edit:
Omg i started a new game and did set the day to Sunday and everything was ok but now that its Monday ingame its Friday and if i change my Androids day to Tuesday its Saturday ingame :(
Anyway the new Silvers sprite and Falkners OW sprite look better and i like how Goldenrod looks now and the new theme is just epic
And i forgot to mention about the new colours in Pokemon Stats they are great!

Edit 2:
If i set Monday as the current day ingame everything is normal and all days of the week work

diegoisawesome
December 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Ok ill download the new patch and try it ;)
Btw has the Ruins of Alph music changed and the poison animation when you are walking out of a battle

Edit:
Omg i started a new game and did set the day to Sunday and everything was ok but now that its Monday ingame its Friday and if i change my Androids day to Tuesday its Saturday ingame :(
Anyway the new Silvers sprite and Falkners OW sprite look better and i like how Goldenrod looks now and the new theme is just epic
And i forgot to mention about the new colours in Pokemon Stats they are great!

Edit 2:
If i set Monday as the current day ingame everything is normal and all days of the week work
Why on earth is this bug so hard to kill? I don't have the Android device with me right now but please let me know if this new version works.

Also new in this version: a new Pokégear background! And some big news: I've finally figured out generic trainers in the Pokégear! However, please note that this does not mean that all the trainers will be able to call and give you items and all just yet; this is still in the preliminary stages. Also, I'll need someone to come up with what they say when you call and what is said when you choose to "check" them. I may just take their "what they say" straight from Crystal, but I'll still need someone to do the rest.

patrick_20052005
December 3rd, 2012, 01:04 AM
I have my spriter making the Pokégear sprite now, and I may swap out the egg sprites in the future.
Thanks to a new palette and a few new tiles, Goldenrod City feels completely different!
Personally, I think it's much improved over the last version. Tell me what you guys think!

Awesome work, thanks a lot diego. i want to replay the game again with the new patch, thanks for the updates. :)

edit: just noticed elitepokes' post, i agree the falkner overworld looks perfect! the frlg feel is really there. :)
I'm thinking that there maybe a possibility that the falkner trainer sprite would be changed to accomodate the overworld's colors?

alienhunterx
December 3rd, 2012, 01:50 AM
Great update Diego. Hopefully all of the work is done soon. Best wishes!!!1

RicardoDTX
December 3rd, 2012, 04:54 AM
I'd just like to ask a few questions.
When was Beta 1 and Beta 2 released?

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now?

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand)

Thanks for your time, keep up the awesome work.
Gym Leader Whitney~

Superjub
December 3rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Thanks guys for the comments about the Falkner OW. :D I should hopefully be able to update a lot more of them soon. :D You'll also want to check out Jasmine too. She's decided to get a makeover too. ^^ Also, just thought I'd let you guys know I'm nearly done with Bugsy's new sprite. ;D

I'm replaying through the game at the moment. :) I think it's been mentioned before, but I think the Mart's early items (pre-first badge) is different to that of Crystals- notably, you coulnd't buy Escape Rope's at Violet City's Pokemon Mart in the original Crystal iirc (I have been playing Gold a bit recently so I might be getting my facts mixed up) but you can in CD. A bit minimal, but eh. Every little bit counts. ^^

Cyclone
December 3rd, 2012, 07:34 AM

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now?

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand)

Gym Leader Whitney~
From my knowledge, he's on Shining Opal right now; after a beta release, he switches hacks. However, there are a lot of new patches going out for this one, so I dunno NEmore...

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
December 3rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Hey Diego ill try the new version later when i get home to check the new Pokegear Background and the RTC bug also thats greats news for the Pokegear if you take the Trainers dialogues from Crystal it will be great.

Retribution i checked Jasmines OW aswell its great but my favorite is Falkners you did a really awesome job there i cant wait to see Bugsys OW :D
As for the market items i played Crystal not a long time ago when i was testing this hack and i think this hack got the same items for sale

At this stage this hacks Johto is the best Johto i ever saw its better than other hacks and even the original GSC (the only thing i miss is Pokegear and the other Legendaries but those will probably be available in future betas if everything goes well) keep up the awesome work guys ;)

Hehe the IPS file is 1,60 MB now :D

Superjub
December 3rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hey Diego ill try the new version later when i get home to check the new Pokegear Background and the RTC bug also thats greats news for the Pokegear if you take the Trainers dialogues from Crystal it will be great.

Retribution i checked Jasmines OW aswell its great but my favorite is Falkners you did a really awesome job there i cant wait to see Bugsys OW :D
As for the market items i played Crystal not a long time ago when i was testing this hack and i think this hack got the same items for sale

At this stage this hacks Johto is the best Johto i ever saw its better than other hacks and even the original GSC (the only thing i miss is Pokegear and the other Legendaries but those will probably be available in future betas if everything goes well) keep up the awesome work guys ;)

Ah, awesome. :D I'm glad that you really like them. :) I finished the Bugsy sprite earlier so expect it soon. :D I really tried to give it that "old school" look like Falkner's so hopefully it'll be well received. :D And I completely agree- this is one of the best hacks and, in my opinion, the definitive G/S/C hack (minus HG/SS ofc.) :)

Gym Leader Whitney
December 3rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
I just checked the pokegear new design, it looks amazing!

Ah, awesome. :D I'm glad that you really like them. :) I finished the Bugsy sprite earlier so expect it soon. :D I really tried to give it that "old school" look like Falkner's so hopefully it'll be well received. :D And I completely agree- this is one of the best hacks and, in my opinion, the definitive G/S/C hack (minus HG/SS ofc.) :)

Are you going to work on my sprite as well, Retribution?

EDIT: I found a bug, my pokegear says that its "Monday 44:17 pm".

Superjub
December 3rd, 2012, 10:42 AM

I might, although I think the current Whitney sprite is pretty good anyway. :D It's not a priority at the moment anyway- I want to work on sprites like Pryce and Claire first since I think they could be made more FR-like. :)

Eru_Paul
December 3rd, 2012, 10:45 AM

http://i.imgur.com/IAjHb.png

WOW! Awesome work with the palette! Really beautiful! :) Keep working, you're doing an excellent job!

Hound of Justice
December 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Whoa I was playing with the new patch when this happened

http://i49.tinypic.com/w02xqb.png

Mist appeared and a weird music started to play, all the npcs was missing in the route and no wild Pokemon appeared when suddenly this happened!
It appeared behind me and i freaked out and it started chasing me and my game crashed before it could come close to me :(
Idk if thats a easter egg or a little surprise so sorry if i spoiled it for you but i think i saved you from freaking out

Cyclone
December 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Whoa I was playing with the new patch when this happened

http://i49.tinypic.com/w02xqb.png

Fog appeared and a weird music started to play, all the npcs was missing in the route and no wild Pokemon appeared when suddenly this happened!
It appeared behind me and i freaked out and it started chaching me and my game crashed before it could come close to me :(
Idk if thats a easter egg or a little surprise so sorry if i spoiled it for you but i think i saved you from freaking out
Congratulations, you have unlocked Halloween Mode.

Kidding aside, what exactly happened here?

Cyclone

Жека
December 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
How about a picture of the old one for side by side comparisons? Good idea with revamping what you don't feel comfortable with.

Hound of Justice
December 3rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hahaha i was just kidding i used A Map and made this change to see your reaction :D:P
I think it would be awesome if Diego adds a scary place in Sevii Islands with 3 Gen Ghost Pokemon, do you like this idea?

Anyway i tried the new patch to check the new pokegears background and if the time bug was fixed but like with Whitney my pokegear was bugged but i have a worse problem

http://i48.tinypic.com/34gndw9.png

This happens with both My Boy! and Gameboid i cant even see the time and if i try to open the phone card the pokegear just exits

diegoisawesome
December 3rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Awesome work, thanks a lot diego. i want to replay the game again with the new patch, thanks for the updates. :)

edit: just noticed elitepokes' post, i agree the falkner overworld looks perfect! the frlg feel is really there. :)
I'm thinking that there maybe a possibility that the falkner trainer sprite would be changed to accomodate the overworld's colors?
Thanks for the comment! But the overworld sprite was actually made with the palette of the trainer sprite, so...
Great update Diego. Hopefully all of the work is done soon. Best wishes!!!1
Soon? Haha.
When was Beta 1 and Beta 2 released? Sometime in '09 and March 2012, respectively.

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now? I'm actually working on Shining Opal, but CrystalDust and new things for it keep bringing me back.

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand) There's supposed to be a script there to block you, which accidentally got disabled. Fixed and uploaded.

Gym Leader Whitney~
Comments in bold.

Thanks for the praise!
Thanks a lot! I'll insert the sprites later.

Try the latest patch, it may fix that issue. If not, shoot me a PM with your save file and the name of your emulator.
WOW! Awesome work with the palette! Really beautiful! :) Keep working, you're doing an excellent job!
Thanks for the comment!
How about a picture of the old one for side by side comparisons? Good idea with revamping what you don't feel comfortable with.
For those of you who want a side-by-side comparison:
http://i.imgur.com/VRgkj.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/IAjHb.png
Old is to the left, new is to the right.
I think it would be awesome if Diego adds a scary place in Sevii Islands with 3 Gen Ghost Pokemon, do you like this idea?

Anyway i tried the new patch to check the new pokegears background and if the time bug was fixed but like with Whitney my pokegear was bugged but i have a worse problem

http://i48.tinypic.com/34gndw9.png

This happens with both My Boy! and Gameboid i cant even see the time and if i try to open the phone card the pokegear just exits
Regarding the new area, it sounds interesting.
And about the Pokégear, no idea how but incorrectly inserting the BG image led to it working fine on some emulators and breaking on others. This is now fixed and uploaded.

Hound of Justice
December 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the fixes, too bad i cant check the new version now bc i need a computer to apply the patch :D
I dont get why theres no ips patcher app for Android when there are so many gba emus and various gba tools available 0.o
Well anyway ill wait until you insert the new OW to start a new game

alienhunterx
December 3rd, 2012, 11:51 PM

Gym Leader Whitney~
That's because the Beta2 ends there. Diego is working hard on Beta 3 which will include Kaanto and of course that SS Aqua

EnsaladaDeTomate
December 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
hmmm where u guys r downloading those little patches?

Hound of Justice
December 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
You get the last version of this hack from the link in the first post if Diego uploads a new version you can just get it from the same link

Edit:
I tried this hack with VBA-M and it looks awesome i also like the new pokegear background but i have a question will the pokegear flash like the pokenav did when a trainer wants a rematch when you add the ability to have rematches with trainers?

diegoisawesome
December 4th, 2012, 03:36 PM
You can get it from my site; the link in the first post is always up-to-date.
You get the last version of this hack from the link in the first post if Diego uploads a new version you can just get it from the same link

Edit:
I tried this hack with VBA-M and it looks awesome i also like the new pokegear background but i have a question will the pokegear flash like the pokenav did when a trainer wants a rematch when you add the ability to have rematches with trainers?
Please don't post direct links to the download, I'd rather people go through the download page for multiple reasons. If you could please edit the link out or change it to the download page, I would be happy.

Also, just letting you know that when I posted that I fixed it last night, I mean that it should work on Gameboid as well. And yes, it will flash correctly.

MrAPT1
December 4th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Things seem to really be shaping up here. I'm quite enjoying the updated goldenrod, and the new overworld sprites are nice too.

diegoisawesome
December 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Things seem to really be shaping up here. I'm quite enjoying the updated goldenrod, and the new overworld sprites are nice too.
Thanks for the comment and your contribution to the hack!
Also, new patch update: new overworld sprites for Bugsy and Whitney have been inserted, as well as the final squashing of the Android day of the week bug.

Hound of Justice
December 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM
O.o Sorry i removed the link, i tried the patch which i downloaded before this final fix for the day of the week and the new OWs and the time was fine except one thing Wesley who gives a Black Belt at Lake of Rage on Wednesday is missing maybe thats related to the time bug and maybe it got fixed with your last update i cant check it out now bc i just stopped playing the previous version at lake of rage :D
I also found a Hoothoot in a tree near the Sudowoodo event and the Pokedex shows that Hoothoots can be encountered in many places which is strange since night pokemon are not supposed to be in the hack for now
And something is wrong with those 3 apricorn trees there is nothing on them as if i already picked the apricorns

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11587560/img/11587560.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11587560)

Those trees on Route 46 seem to be out of place

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/11588058/img/11588058.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11588058)

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11589045/img/11589045.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11589045)

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/11589157/img/11589157.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11589157)

Superjub
December 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the comment and your contribution to the hack!
Also, new patch update: new overworld sprites for Bugsy and Whitney have been inserted, as well as the final squashing of the Android day of the week bug.

Awesome. :D Just noticed my last little comment on the PM sounds a bit redundant now. xD I'll download the latest patch and get to work on more OWs soon. :)

Hound of Justice
December 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Awesome. :D Just noticed my last little comment on the PM sounds a bit redundant now. xD I'll download the latest patch and get to work on more OWs soon. :)

Are you gonna change Pokemons OWs aswell?
The Pidgey looks a bit weird when it looks down and the Red Gyarados could be improved a bit

Cyclone
December 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/11588058/img/11588058.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11588058)

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11589045/img/11589045.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11589045)

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/11589157/img/11589157.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11589157)
I can explain that. You are seeing what happens at the map border. If diego keeps the maps EXACTLY identical, there's nothing he can do about this. Otherwise, he'd have to change a border tile, thus screwing up something below.

There IS one possible fix; he can add a small map covering the height of the area between Route 45 and Route 29 (to the east, and this can just be a continued downward extension of Route 45 to where it will meet Route 29) and fill in an appropriate border there. This might be the best option so that everything ties in the way it should. He'll need to cover the entire area or it will look wrong anywhere on the right of the map. (diego, if you're confused by this, send me the working copy on MSN and I'll do it.)

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
December 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I can explain that. You are seeing what happens at the map border. If diego keeps the maps EXACTLY identical, there's nothing he can do about this. Otherwise, he'd have to change a border tile, thus screwing up something below.

There IS one possible fix; he can add a small map covering the height of the area between Route 45 and Route 29 (to the east, and this can just be a continued downward extension of Route 45 to where it will meet Route 29) and fill in an appropriate border there. This might be the best option so that everything ties in the way it should. He'll need to cover the entire area or it will look wrong anywhere on the right of the map. (diego, if you're confused by this, send me the working copy on MSN and I'll do it.)

Cyclone

Hmm i see thanks for the detailed explanation i hope you guys work something out :)

Ill wait for a new patch before i start a new game again today i caught a legit shiny Slowpoke on Tohjo Falls and then had to delete my save bc i never use old saves for new versions of a game bc i fear that new bugs may be caused bc of that :(:D

Cyclone
December 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Hmm i see thanks for the detailed explanation i hope you guys work something out :)

Ill wait for a new patch before i start a new game again today i caught a legit shiny Slowpoke on Tohjo Falls and then had to delete my save bc i never use old saves for new versions of a game bc i fear that new bugs may be caused bc of that :(:D
In some cases, no you shouldn't. However, in other cases, there isn't any problem whatsoever. It depends on the updates.

At this point, I'd back up that save so you can keep the Shiny Slowpoke. However, since you should not be able to trade it off (unless you work out a connection between your computer and DS, in which case I would love one :P ), it's pointless to bother keeping.

Cyclone

Soar
December 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Just loaded it up now. Cant wait to play :D
I'm a big fan of your hacks so it wouldn't surprise me if its good.
Any dont have time, must begin playthrough!

Gym Leader Whitney
December 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Quick questions.
Is this game going to implement the Phisical/Special move categories introduced in gen IV, or is it going to be like in gen III and bellow?

Next Question.
Do the Pokemon in CrystalDust have GenII learnsets?
(I ask this because I tried to teach Dig to my Piloswine and I couldn't, after some research I discored that Piloswine can only learn Dig in Gen III or above)

Gym Leader Whitney~

Hound of Justice
December 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM
@Cyclone
Haha i deleted the save already this was my best playthrough ever i got a pitchu from the Odd Egg and catched a male shiny slowpoke within a couple of hours :D
I hope something like this happens in the future on the final version of this hack :)
Id go crazy if id get a shiny steelix :D

@Whitney
There will be no physical/special and i think the pokemon learn the same moves they could in gen 3 games

@Diego
Is Dunsparce available in this hack or it will be when you add trainers special events from phone card i believe that in crystal you can get this pokemon if Hiker Anthony calls you and tells that they appeared inside Dark Cave or something like that
And can you check if a npc inside Dark Cave gives you the DarkGlasses i think there was a bug in a older version i played some time ago he would not give me this item idk if it works ok now
Also will you add different sounds after Oak rates your pokedex like in Crystal?
Finally, since you changed how those pokemon evolve maybe you will want to change this guys dialogue
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/11599149/img/11599149.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11599149)
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/11599417/img/11599417.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11599417)
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11599525/img/11599525.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11599525)

Superjub
December 6th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Are you gonna change Pokemons OWs aswell?
The Pidgey looks a bit weird when it looks down and the Red Gyarados could be improved a bit

I may, although I don't know how good I'll be. xD I'm more used to working with human, but we shall see. :) I'm probably going to get all the important trainers (Gym Leaders, E4 etc.) out of the way first though. :)

Hound of Justice
December 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I may, although I don't know how good I'll be. xD I'm more used to working with human, but we shall see. :) I'm probably going to get all the important trainers (Gym Leaders, E4 etc.) out of the way first though. :)
Ok good luck with the sprites ;)

PokeReject
December 7th, 2012, 12:57 AM
umm, I'm not sure if this has been said before, but if you go into battle in Sprout Tower, the game crashes. However, I've only seen it happen on my Android's emulator, so I'm unsure if this has happened anywhere else.

Hound of Justice
December 7th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Are you using the latest patch?
Someone reported the same issue some days ago and it was fixed in a new patch.
Im using Android and dont get any crashes after battling all the Sages in that Tower

Gym Leader Whitney
December 7th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I also used android, and no problems until now.

Also if someone could tell me if the pokemons have their generation 2 learnsets with certain, I'd me most grateful.
I checked a few learnsets and until now they match their Gen II learnsets, Im not entirely sure though.

Gym Leader Whitney~

PokeReject
December 7th, 2012, 02:58 PM
that's probably the issue, I didn't update my patches :p
Thanks for helping me out ^^

alienhunterx
December 7th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I also used android, and no problems until now.

Also if someone could tell me if the pokemons have their generation 2 learnsets with certain, I'd me most grateful.
I checked a few learnsets and until now they match their Gen II learnsets, Im not entirely sure though.

Gym Leader Whitney~
The pokes will learn Gen 3 moves. Its just you have to wait and see. Trust me:D

Hound of Justice
December 8th, 2012, 03:44 AM
that's probably the issue, I didn't update my patches :p
Thanks for helping me out ^^
Lol glad to help you mate i hope you have a nice playthrough :P

dingopongo
December 8th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Uhm, have been reading arround but I couldn't find another case like mine, so here we go:

After letting the radio director free, he hands-off a Clear Bell which allows you to enter the Tin Tower. The bug appears when I try to head up to the third floor, the whole screen turns black and the game seems to keep going on (the speed shown on the VBA tool bar keeps in motion and so does the music).

Is at that place were the beta ends or is, in fact, a glitch?

Cyclone
December 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I know Johto is supposed to be complete, so I'd be inclined to say bug. This is all accessible within Johto without the trip to Kanto, I believe.

Cyclone

dingopongo
December 8th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I've tried patching again a clean different emmerald ROM, but the glitch keeps happening. I've also changed the VBA settings (save, emu, video and that stuff) but the screen will keep going black, so i'd better wait for further support.

Well, i'll keep playin' Shinning Opal meanwhile.

Cyclone
December 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM
The bug may be a misaimed warp in the Tower area.

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
December 8th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Last time i finished this hack there was nothing wrong with this area maybe sonething broke in a new patch you will have to wait diegoisawesome to check if somethings wrong.
Btw which VBA are you using?

dingopongo
December 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I'm using the last version, 1.7.2

Hound of Justice
December 8th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Hmm you can try to play on VBA-M, use your save file to check if you get this error on that emu and backup ur save file first

dingopongo
December 8th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Hmm you can try to play on VBA-M, use your save file to check if you get this error on that emu and backup ur save file first

Uh, I feel stupid right now :embarrass. Thanks for the advice, it totally worked. :D

diegoisawesome
December 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
O.o Sorry i removed the link, i tried the patch which i downloaded before this final fix for the day of the week and the new OWs and the time was fine except one thing Wesley who gives a Black Belt at Lake of Rage on Wednesday is missing maybe thats related to the time bug and maybe it got fixed with your last update i cant check it out now bc i just stopped playing the previous version at lake of rage :D
I also found a Hoothoot in a tree near the Sudowoodo event and the Pokedex shows that Hoothoots can be encountered in many places which is strange since night pokemon are not supposed to be in the hack for now
And something is wrong with those 3 apricorn trees there is nothing on them as if i already picked the apricorns

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11587560/img/11587560.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11587560)

The Apricorn trees and the border on Route 46 is fixed; I'm going to do a bit of research into Headbutt trees soon, because apparently, Bulbapedia is wrong.
Quick questions.
Is this game going to implement the Phisical/Special move categories introduced in gen IV, or is it going to be like in gen III and bellow?

Next Question.
Do the Pokemon in CrystalDust have GenII learnsets?
(I ask this because I tried to teach Dig to my Piloswine and I couldn't, after some research I discored that Piloswine can only learn Dig in Gen III or above)

Gym Leader Whitney~
1. Nope.
2. Gen III learnsets, but Gen II TM/HM programmings.
@Cyclone
Haha i deleted the save already this was my best playthrough ever i got a pitchu from the Odd Egg and catched a male shiny slowpoke within a couple of hours :D
I hope something like this happens in the future on the final version of this hack :)
Id go crazy if id get a shiny steelix :D

@Whitney
There will be no physical/special and i think the pokemon learn the same moves they could in gen 3 games

@Diego
Is Dunsparce available in this hack or it will be when you add trainers special events from phone card i believe that in crystal you can get this pokemon if Hiker Anthony calls you and tells that they appeared inside Dark Cave or something like that
And can you check if a npc inside Dark Cave gives you the DarkGlasses i think there was a bug in a older version i played some time ago he would not give me this item idk if it works ok now
Also will you add different sounds after Oak rates your pokedex like in Crystal?
Finally, since you changed how those pokemon evolve maybe you will want to change this guys dialogue
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/11599149/img/11599149.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11599149)
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/11599417/img/11599417.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11599417)
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11599525/img/11599525.png (http://picturepush.com/public/11599525)
Dunsparce does not appear in this hack as of yet. The BlackGlasses bug has been fixed, and the text about trade evolutions has also been fixed.
Uhm, have been reading arround but I couldn't find another case like mine, so here we go:

After letting the radio director free, he hands-off a Clear Bell which allows you to enter the Tin Tower. The bug appears when I try to head up to the third floor, the whole screen turns black and the game seems to keep going on (the speed shown on the VBA tool bar keeps in motion and so does the music).

Uh. What. The Tin Tower is not yet programmed into the game, except for the first floor. I'd be inclined to say that I have no clue how you even got to the second.

Also included in this update: a new wild Pokémon theme from tonti:
zP-_eXeouvk
Not only this, but (not shown in the video) a new battle backsprite for the male player is inserted, as well as a slightly updated female backsprite and new battle sprites for the male, female, and rival main characters!

dingopongo
December 9th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Yeah, i realised about that l8r. The room that i wasn't able to access was the one were you fight the wise trio, but I thought that building was actually the Tin Tower. Nevermind, the doubt is solved.

Thanks for the hard work in both hacks diego, I personally think it's awesome.

Leafgreen2itsmyidea
December 9th, 2012, 05:51 AM
this is cool man good stuff but lc is bettar

dingopongo
December 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I've beaten the e4, longing for the next beta-review. Great job diego, ;)

P.D: flammers, every forum has some

PokeReject
December 9th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I've come with another bug, although I think I've seen this somewhere before on this thread, but I'm not too sure. The bug I've come to mention is the phone memory bug, in which (my own experience so far) you only get one trainer's number (Joey) and you can't get the rest (so far Wade and Liz)

Hound of Justice
December 9th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Thank you for the quickfixes and the new changes, i only checked the new male heros sprite and its better than the previous one maybe i will have a speedthrough to check the rest of the new content some time later or ill just wait for more content to be added before i play again.

@ Dingopongo lol glad to hear that the problem is solved now

@ PokeReject Thats a very old bug, you can register only a few trainers and Mom & Elm dont worry though after reading one of Diegos latest posts im now sure that soon there will be huge phone card update :D

Btw Diego what about the Week Siblings and the Dudes Catching Tutorial bugs i posted earlier did you found a way to fix them and will you change the music that plays every time when Oak rates your Pokedex?
In Crystal a different music would play every time that you have catched 9-10 more new Pokemon.

Theres 1 weird thing about the animation that plays when a Pokemon or more in your party are poisoned,When playing with Gameboid theres only that sound playing when you are walking but On My Boy! Emulator there is the same sound playing but also an animation...
I guess this is an issue with Gameboid because its outdated and there is nothing wrong in the hack

alienhunterx
December 9th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Oh man every time I want to start the game with silence and meditation a new one pops up. How much is I have to wait more huh? As some new bug comes up in a new patch which I know is not the fault of you: Diego:D

Hound of Justice
December 9th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Lol the hack is in beta stage so yeah there are some bugs and more bugs are added with every new patch but they get fixed fast by the bug killing machine called diegoisawesome :D
Tbh i think there are only like 10-20 bugs in the latest version and most were reported and will be fixed in the near future and they will not cause any big problems anyway...

PokeReject
December 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM
well, I'll keep playing without complaining (maybe) but I know that this one is a favorite, hope you it all goes well ^^

alienhunterx
December 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM
So this means Crystal Dust can wait to be played by me when i try other hacks. (That's Final) :)

diegoisawesome
December 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, i realised about that l8r. The room that i wasn't able to access was the one were you fight the wise trio, but I thought that building was actually the Tin Tower. Nevermind, the doubt is solved.

Thanks for the hard work in both hacks diego, I personally think it's awesome.
Thanks for the appreciation!
Thank you for the quickfixes and the new changes, i only checked the new male heros sprite and its better than the previous one maybe i will have a speedthrough to check the rest of the new content some time later or ill just wait for more content to be added before i play again.

@ Dingopongo lol glad to hear that the problem is solved now

@ PokeReject Thats a very old bug, you can register only a few trainers and Mom & Elm dont worry though after reading one of Diegos latest posts im now sure that soon there will be huge phone card update :D

Btw Diego what about the Week Siblings and the Dudes Catching Tutorial bugs i posted earlier did you found a way to fix them and will you change the music that plays every time when Oak rates your Pokedex?
In Crystal a different music would play every time that you have catched 9-10 more new Pokemon.

Theres 1 weird thing about the animation that plays when a Pokemon or more in your party are poisoned,When playing with Gameboid theres only that sound playing when you are walking but On My Boy! Emulator there is the same sound playing but also an animation...
I guess this is an issue with Gameboid because its outdated and there is nothing wrong in the hack
The Week Siblings SHOULD be fixed. The bag problem is something I'll look in to tomorrow.
Prof. Oak's PC might have different music in the future.
well, I'll keep playing without complaining (maybe) but I know that this one is a favorite, hope you it all goes well ^^
Thanks for playing!

Tiny update today: the Pokédex has a new color scheme, as suggested and designed by tonti:
http://i.imgur.com/aFrbk.png
I know the searching menu hasn't had its palette changed yet; that should come with tomorrow's mini update.

alienhunterx
December 12th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the appreciation!

The Week Siblings SHOULD be fixed. The bag problem is something I'll look in to tomorrow.
Prof. Oak's PC might have different music in the future.

Thanks for playing!

Tiny update today: the Pokégear has a new color scheme, as suggested and designed by tonti:
http://i.imgur.com/aFrbk.png
I know the searching menu hasn't had its palette changed yet; that should come with tomorrow's mini update.
Boy what dedication. Simply your efforts are the best and that gear looks as hell awesome as ever.

diegoisawesome
December 13th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Boy what dedication. Simply your efforts are the best and that gear looks as hell awesome as ever.
Thank you for the comment! However, I realized I made a mistake; this is a new palette for the Pokédex, sorry.

alienhunterx
December 14th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Thank you for the comment! However, I realized I made a mistake; this is a new palette for the Pokédex, sorry.
:D haa haa haa When I first saw the snap by brain also told me exactly what you said my I was foolish enough not to mention it. :D

patrick_20052005
December 14th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the updates diego, the battle sprites as well as the updated backsprites and pokedex palette change look awesome. I'm so excited for the next beta, i was thinking if i could trade on vba emulator with fire red to enhance my experience of getting kanto starter pokemon early on the game. I haven't tried trading with fr/lg yet on my crystal dust, do you know how can this be done?

Hound of Justice
December 14th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Wow wth i didnt visit this thread because i didnt got a notification that there are new messages posted here and i missed a cool update xD

I found some bugs in the last version i tried (the one before the pokedex update), some are maybe fixed in the latest patch but i dont know for sure so maybe you will wanna have a look at them

I believe that there is a hidden Nugget somewhere in this place but i didnt found any
http://i45.tinypic.com/2m4yts3.png

I have 1 space left in my party but i get this when i try to get an ABRA
I can get it if i have 2 free spaces
http://i46.tinypic.com/4vh8cz.png

Some times theres no option of YES/NO for this npc when she asks if the player wants to register her in the phone but some times she asks...
http://i48.tinypic.com/15k6te.png

The reflection of the player appears in those flowers when you surf in that spot
http://i45.tinypic.com/288zg2q.png

Both npcs who are near the sick miltank got weird characters in their dialogues while the miltank is sick and when it becomes healthy their dialogues dont get updated and remain the same

And this happened after i left the Farm
http://i50.tinypic.com/ay0uuf.png

The clock stopped and its always night ingame i stopped playing because of this bug :(

Btw is it normal if my pokemons current hp wont incease when it lvl ups while its max hp increases
For example if my pokemon had 2/34 hp and by lvl up it gets +2 hp and it haves 2/36 hp instead of 4/36
This happens when my pokemon are almost ready to faint and the hp bar is red.
Edit: This Doesnt happens in Emerald

patrick_20052005 Try the VBA-M emulator it has an option to link you can start a new game in fr/lg and try to trade the starters to your crystaldust game

The Brahma Bull
December 14th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Hi! Diego, its been long time since I last posted... But I have always been keeping my eyes on in this thread... CrystalDust is becoming more & more crystal accurate with every small details... It looks very authentic & awesome... BTW, I was wondering if u figured out how to implement ruins of alph puzzle without any glitch... Waiting desparately for beta 3...

@patrick, if u r playing on pc, u can download vba link & use it to trade with FR/LG...

Hound of Justice
December 14th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Btw do you plan to change the look of the clock in the beggining of the game and in the players house or leave it like it is with the Emeralds design

And i wonder if getting stars in the trainers card will unlock some ingame dialogues (after the crystal original events are over) with some npcs like in hg/ss with nurse Joy having extra dialogues when the player gets some stars.
Also will npcs recognize the player as a champion after he becomes the champion?

As for the updates the male and female heros sprites and Bugsys & Whitneys OWs are awesome and the new wild pokemon theme is very cool nice job guys

patrick_20052005
December 14th, 2012, 07:37 PM
patrick_20052005 Try the VBA-M emulator it has an option to link you can start a new game in fr/lg and try to trade the starters to your crystaldust game

@patrick, if u r playing on pc, u can download vba link & use it to trade with FR/LG...

Thanks guys, but do i need to get the ruby, sapphire stone on my fr/lg save file to trade with crystal dust? since it is after all a hack of emerald. And with that in mind, i need to finish both e4s on fr/lg and crystal dust right?

Also, will there be an implementation of the time capsule in this game? I was wondering if it can bypass those requirements from fr/lg.

Hound of Justice
December 15th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Thanks guys, but do i need to get the ruby, sapphire stone on my fr/lg save file to trade with crystal dust? since it is after all a hack of emerald. And with that in mind, i need to finish both e4s on fr/lg and crystal dust right?

Also, will there be an implementation of the time capsule in this game? I was wondering if it can bypass those requirements from fr/lg.

Hmm i guess you will have to get the Ruby and Sapphire and have all the other requirements in your fr/lg games as for CrystalDust i think you will need to have the national dex because you needed it in emerald but since Diego changed the pokedex now Johto and Kanto Pokemon are registered so maybe he did enabled the national dex from the start of the game...

I love the new Pokedex design great job tonti!

I found a small bug, Im not sure if you are aware of this problem so ill just let you know that i get this when i try to compare the size of a Pokemon with the size of the Player
http://i45.tinypic.com/15e7a86.png

pokélover
December 16th, 2012, 05:59 AM
A really amazing hack it would be the best if you could use gameshark codes,catch all the starters and evolve Pokemon without trading in future releases...anticipating beta 3

Hound of Justice
December 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM
A really amazing hack it would be the best if you could use gameshark codes,catch all the starters and evolve Pokemon without trading in future releases...anticipating beta 3

Umm you can already evolve pokemon without trading and im sure that you can use the cheats from pokemon emerald...
As for the starters im sure they will be available in the future betas since all 386 pokemon will be catchable

matheusinho09
December 16th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Can someone give me a hand? After I defeated Rocket Team at the Radio Station, in Goldenrod, and i'm entering the 3rd floor of Tin Tower, the screen turns black and the game freezes... what should i do?

Cyclone
December 16th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Can someone give me a hand? After I defeated Rocket Team at the Radio Station, in Goldenrod, and i'm entering the 3rd floor of Tin Tower, the screen turns black and the game freezes... what should i do?
You shouldn't be able to go there yet. Within the last page, this was addressed:

Uh. What. The Tin Tower is not yet programmed into the game, except for the first floor. I'd be inclined to say that I have no clue how you even got to the second.
So go back to your save and don't head in there. There must be a flag that gets turned off by accident or something.

Cyclone

pokélover
December 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Umm you can already evolve pokemon without trading and im sure that you can use the cheats from pokemon emerald...
As for the starters im sure they will be available in the future betas since all 386 pokemon will be catchable

oh really that's awesome I didn't know you could evolve Pokemon like kadabra without trading but as for the emerald cheats they don't work ...if you use item codebreakers it messes up the night/day if you use Pokemon codebreakers the game freezes so its best not to use them....and by the way where did you find your heracross?????

matheusinho09
December 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
You shouldn't be able to go there yet. Within the last page, this was addressed:

So go back to your save and don't head in there. There must be a flag that gets turned off by accident or something.

Cyclone

Thanks Cyclone, I didn't see it...

Cyclone
December 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks Cyclone, I didn't see it...
No problem. :)

Just for future, check the previous couple of pages for the same problem next time; it's for your sake, not for ours, as you would get your answer faster. :) Obviously we wouldn't expect you to check 35 pages in full, however, as something in an updated build likely didn't happen on, say, page 17. :D

Cyclone

Hound of Justice
December 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Well cheats can do nasty stuff even to official games anf since this is a hack and it got lots of scrilts its not adviced to use any cheat at all this was never a problem for me bc i never use cheats :D
I found my heracross near the pokemon center near the union cave i used headbutt on a tree which can be blocked in Fridays when a weekly sibling stands there.
You can also encounter Aipoms in that tree ;)

Diego do you plan on having team magma & aqua on sevii since there will be 3 gen pokemon there those teams would fit well and make them search for Groudon n Kyogre or something like that and make those 2 pokemon be encountered after you defeat the teams
You could even add team rocket there and have some epic war between them with some strong trainers (Silver, Lance or key characters from other regions) helping you fight the teams :D

I was also wondering if you can make buttons l or r to open pokegear
It would be cool to have r for opening the gear and l maybe umm for opening the pokedex xD

Btw can u pls change my name in the credits to Giratina 777 :P

Projectwolfie
December 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Diego do you plan on having team magma & aqua on sevii since there will be 3 gen pokemon there those teams would fit well and make them search for Groudon n Kyogre or something like that and make those 2 pokemon be encountered after you defeat the teams
You could even add team rocket there and have some epic war between them with some strong trainers (Silver, Lance or key characters from other regions) helping you fight the teams :D

1. It's Orange Islands that he's putting in, I believe.
2. I vote no for this, even though Diego said OI will have it's own story. If OI's going to have it's own story, I feel it should be less "fanfic-like" than say... Liquid Crystal has been inserting for some unknown reason.

MrAPT1
December 17th, 2012, 04:29 PM
2. I vote no for this, even though Diego said OI will have it's own story. If OI's going to have it's own story, I feel it should be less "fanfic-like" than say... Liquid Crystal has been inserting for some unknown reason.
Actually, if I recall correctly, he was planning on putting in the Sevii Islands, not the Orange Islands.

diegoisawesome
December 17th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the updates diego, the battle sprites as well as the updated backsprites and pokedex palette change look awesome. I'm so excited for the next beta, i was thinking if i could trade on vba emulator with fire red to enhance my experience of getting kanto starter pokemon early on the game. I haven't tried trading with fr/lg yet on my crystal dust, do you know how can this be done?
Trading should work fine with the right version of VBA Link.
Wow wth i didnt visit this thread because i didnt got a notification that there are new messages posted here and i missed a cool update xD

I found some bugs in the last version i tried (the one before the pokedex update), some are maybe fixed in the latest patch but i dont know for sure so maybe you will wanna have a look at them

I believe that there is a hidden Nugget somewhere in this place but i didnt found any
http://i45.tinypic.com/2m4yts3.png

I have 1 space left in my party but i get this when i try to get an ABRA
I can get it if i have 2 free spaces
http://i46.tinypic.com/4vh8cz.png

Some times theres no option of YES/NO for this npc when she asks if the player wants to register her in the phone but some times she asks...
http://i48.tinypic.com/15k6te.png

The reflection of the player appears in those flowers when you surf in that spot
http://i45.tinypic.com/288zg2q.png

Both npcs who are near the sick miltank got weird characters in their dialogues while the miltank is sick and when it becomes healthy their dialogues dont get updated and remain the same

And this happened after i left the Farm
http://i50.tinypic.com/ay0uuf.png

The clock stopped and its always night ingame i stopped playing because of this bug :(

Btw is it normal if my pokemons current hp wont incease when it lvl ups while its max hp increases
For example if my pokemon had 2/34 hp and by lvl up it gets +2 hp and it haves 2/36 hp instead of 4/36
This happens when my pokemon are almost ready to faint and the hp bar is red.
Edit: This Doesnt happens in Emerald

I've fixed all these issues but the Pokégear girl (and possible HP bug) in the latest patch. If you have a save from after you talked to those girls, delete it because you can't use it anymore.
I'll fix more stuff tomorrow.
Hi! Diego, its been long time since I last posted... But I have always been keeping my eyes on in this thread... CrystalDust is becoming more & more crystal accurate with every small details... It looks very authentic & awesome... BTW, I was wondering if u figured out how to implement ruins of alph puzzle without any glitch... Waiting desparately for beta 3...

Sorry, the RoA puzzle might take a while to implement.
Btw do you plan to change the look of the clock in the beggining of the game and in the players house or leave it like it is with the Emeralds design

And i wonder if getting stars in the trainers card will unlock some ingame dialogues (after the crystal original events are over) with some npcs like in hg/ss with nurse Joy having extra dialogues when the player gets some stars.
Also will npcs recognize the player as a champion after he becomes the champion?

As for the updates the male and female heros sprites and Bugsys & Whitneys OWs are awesome and the new wild pokemon theme is very cool nice job guys
If someone would give me a new design for the clock and I liked it, I could use it.

The same requirements are necessary, sorry. But the idea for the Time Capsule sounds interesting.
Hmm i guess you will have to get the Ruby and Sapphire and have all the other requirements in your fr/lg games as for CrystalDust i think you will need to have the national dex because you needed it in emerald but since Diego changed the pokedex now Johto and Kanto Pokemon are registered so maybe he did enabled the national dex from the start of the game...

I love the new Pokedex design great job tonti!

I found a small bug, Im not sure if you are aware of this problem so ill just let you know that i get this when i try to compare the size of a Pokemon with the size of the Player
http://i45.tinypic.com/15e7a86.png
I'm fixing this now, expect a new patch tomorrow.
GameSharks are not supported and never will be. But evolving Pokémon without trading is possible right now.
All right, please explain what this 3rd floor is. Do you mean the third room, the first containing the guy that checks for the Clear Bell?
Well cheats can do nasty stuff even to official games anf since this is a hack and it got lots of scrilts its not adviced to use any cheat at all this was never a problem for me bc i never use cheats :D
I found my heracross near the pokemon center near the union cave i used headbutt on a tree which can be blocked in Fridays when a weekly sibling stands there.
You can also encounter Aipoms in that tree ;)

I was also wondering if you can make buttons l or r to open pokegear
It would be cool to have r for opening the gear and l maybe umm for opening the pokedex xD

Btw can u pls change my name in the credits to Giratina 777 :P
Don't you worry, I still have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing with Sevii. And yes, I can change your name. Expect this in tomorrow's patch.
1. Nope, it's Sevii. LaZ is doing Orange Islands.
2. I can't quite have Sevii in there without having my own story, as Sevii didn't exist in GSC...

So yeah, expect the "Dang it, I messed up again, lemme go fix that" patch tomorrow!

pokélover
December 17th, 2012, 11:45 PM
i was wondering will you be able to save your money by giving it to the mom in the next patch cause if you battle the elite four and if you lose they take a lot money from you so it's better to give all the cash to her and take it after you defeat them

Hound of Justice
December 18th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks Diego and btw i already deleted the save i start a new game after every new patch

Pokelover that is planned for a future beta when Diego finds a way.to implement this

Btw a question about the pokemon that appear at different times of a day you said that you will add them even if Advance Map wont be updated but will you add them in the same locations from Crystal or different locations?

And lol will you add pokemon OWs in sevii islands it would be nice to see pokemon in towns there are not many pokemons outside of the grass and battles id love to see more pokemons rather than always seeing only human npcs :d

pokélover
December 18th, 2012, 07:58 AM
That's good :)....btw I just got a poliwag how can I evolve it into a politoad without trading???

UtopiaRay
December 18th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Awe man! This is just sweet, just what i hoped for a Crystal remake on a Emerald based rom! This is going to be great!

diegoisawesome
December 18th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Btw a question about the pokemon that appear at different times of a day you said that you will add them even if Advance Map wont be updated but will you add them in the same locations from Crystal or different locations?

And lol will you add pokemon OWs in sevii islands it would be nice to see pokemon in towns there are not many pokemons outside of the grass and battles id love to see more pokemons rather than always seeing only human npcs :d
The Pokémon should pear at their normal locations from Crystal. And I might add in more Pokémon overworld in Sevii, but anything related to Sevii is still a long way away.
That's good :)....btw I just got a poliwag how can I evolve it into a politoad without trading???
Level it up once holding the item it needed to hold during a link trade otherwise.
Awe man! This is just sweet, just what i hoped for a Crystal remake on a Emerald based rom! This is going to be great!
Thanks for the praise!

By the way, small update today which fixes the bugs recently reported by ElitePokes (minus the HP bug; currently looking into that). However, a few small bugs from earlier still persist. These will be fixed within the next week or maybe as soon as tomorrow.

Gameb0y
December 18th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I apologize if this has been asked already but is there a physical special move split in here? I understand the original didn't, but when it was remade to HG/SS it was found there too. It would be really awesome if this does include it, if not its still cool as I can shred teams up with elemental punch alakazam. On another note, so far everything is amazing. It's unbelievable what you have done, I look forward to the next update.

alienhunterx
December 18th, 2012, 11:47 PM
No unfortunately Diego clearly stated earlier that there will be no Physical/Special splits in his hacks.

pokélover
December 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I tried your new bug fix patch and found a bug...in the beginning of the game before you get your new starter you can't talk to the lady who tells you not to go in the grass and you can't read the sign that describes new bark either....hope you can fix it soon :)

diegoisawesome
December 19th, 2012, 08:40 PM
On another note, so far everything is amazing. It's unbelievable what you have done, I look forward to the next update.
Thanks for the praise!
I tried your new bug fix patch and found a bug...in the beginning of the game before you get your new starter you can't talk to the lady who tells you not to go in the grass and you can't read the sign that describes new bark either....hope you can fix it soon :)
Sorry about this, I was testing something out and needed some in-game scripts to reuse.

Sorry guys, but I didn't get around to a bug fix patch today. Mainly because of this:
rbuO7dMWqEg
By the way, yes, that is my voice.

alienhunterx
December 19th, 2012, 11:22 PM
hey no problem Diego we know how busy you are due to upcoming Christmas and stuff:D

Hound of Justice
December 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Thats an very interesting video :D
Im waiting for the bugfixes to play in the battle tower again :)

pokemonromuser
December 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I played your game.... it was fun but i can't go to kanto.

pokélover
December 21st, 2012, 04:30 AM
hehe you know what would be a nice Christmas gift.........beta 3 :D

matheusinho09
December 21st, 2012, 08:29 AM
Diego, I found a bug in beta 2, and I don't know if you already fixed it...

I was playing, and suddenly, the night came, and the Pokégear was showing the time: 44:45 PM.

See ya

diegoisawesome
December 21st, 2012, 09:16 PM
hey no problem Diego we know how busy you are due to upcoming Christmas and stuff:D
It's not even that; I've just been distracted with things like Wonder Cards.
Thats an very interesting video :D
Im waiting for the bugfixes to play in the battle tower again :)
Well, you're done waiting. The bugfix patch for pretty much every reported bug is out now.
Minus, of course, the Headbutt trees and any new bug that I accidentally made.
hehe you know what would be a nice Christmas gift.........beta 3 :D
Sorry, that's not going to happen. But hey! Another Christmas gift might be coming your way... ;)
Diego, I found a bug in beta 2, and I don't know if you already fixed it...

I was playing, and suddenly, the night came, and the Pokégear was showing the time: 44:45 PM.

See ya
This has been reported before and fixed in today's patch.

So if you somehow missed it from my earlier comments, a bugfix patch is out today that should fix a lot of broken things. Get it now!

alienhunterx
December 22nd, 2012, 12:17 AM
If you mean it i think its about Shining opal right? That would of course make my life very very busy

Hound of Justice
December 22nd, 2012, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the fixes!
I feel that a new beta for Shining Opal is coming :D
Or maybe something involving Wonder Cards? :P

pokélover
December 22nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the fixes diego!! :D.....I wonder if you can get a togekiss in crystal dust?????

Cyclone
December 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
If you mean it i think its about Shining opal right? That would of course make my life very very busy
That would be nice, wouldn't it? :D

Cyclone

alienhunterx
December 24th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Yeah but actually not for me. You see I would be grinded on playing three new hacks at the same time while doing a walk through for one too

pokélover
December 24th, 2012, 08:25 AM
new bugs found :(....after you battle your rival in the burnt tower the old man standing outside has spelling errors in his dialogue,the sailor outside in olivine city has weird characters in his dialogue as well......hope you fix soon as always :)......and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU & EVERYBODY ELSE!!! :D

Hound of Justice
December 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I think you can evolve Togebi so yeah you can get Togekiss

Diego i have a lil suggestion for the credits
Add The PC Members in the credits as a whole and remove my name... many ppl here helped so it better be that way :D

Merry Xmas all its the last time you see me here :)
Why? Bc im a retired Pokemon Player :D
Good luck with ur hacks Diego ;)

Superjub
December 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM

Add The PC Members in the credits as a whole and remove my name... many ppl here helped so it better be that way :D

I think you're getting Togegetic and Togekiss mixed up. xD This hack doesn't contain any 4th gen or 5th gen Pokemon to my knowledge so I'm fairly sure Togekiss is unavailable, I'm sorry to say. I personally love it (serene grace ftw) but yeah, it's not available. Having said that, I wouldn't mine 4th gen being introduced, but I guess that's up to diegoisawesome (that, and I would doubt they would be implemented until at least the hack was finished/reached the Sevii Islands.)

And awwww. :( As many would agree, you were amazing at picking up errors etc. Good luck with life and a merry Christmas to you too (and everyone else of course.) :t225:

alienhunterx
December 25th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah removing unwanted pokes and adding 4th gen pokes as their replacement would be a great idea and will make this hack more likely to be playable by more fans.:D

HackChu
December 28th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Isn't this redundant seeing as how we already have the official remakes and the crystal remake on firered from LaZ?

EDIT: Also, could you call the double battle with Lance anytime, say if you want another battle with Lance with another group?

PokeReject
December 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
There's a move list bug that I really want to be open. My Feraligatr can't learn Waterfall :'(. I had to use a Gyrados as an HM Slave to get through the game. I was wondering if you can fix it. Please and thank you ^^

Satoshi Ookami
December 30th, 2012, 11:49 PM
There's a move list bug that I really want to be open. My Feraligatr can't learn Waterfall :'(. I had to use a Gyrados as an HM Slave to get through the game. I was wondering if you can fix it. Please and thank you ^^
Well... that's completely intentional ;)
As weird as it might seem, Feraligator couldn't learn Waterfall in the 2nd generation.

pokélover
December 31st, 2012, 05:24 AM
I found bugs in the cianwood gym......just wanted to let you know

PokeReject
December 31st, 2012, 03:01 PM
As weird as it might seem, Feraligator couldn't learn Waterfall in the 2nd generation.
Bulbapedia says diffently

Satoshi Ookami
December 31st, 2012, 11:40 PM
Bulbapedia says diffently
Bulbapedia says the same as I.
As you probably haven't read, I've specified "IN 2ND GENERATION".
And here's a proof on mentioned bulba:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Feraligatr_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_II_learnset#By_leveling_up

alienhunterx
December 31st, 2012, 11:47 PM
Feraligatr can also learn WaterFall in 3rd gen hacks. I remember mine learning it in Shiny Gold

Satoshi Ookami
December 31st, 2012, 11:50 PM
Feraligatr can also learn WaterFall in 3rd gen hacks. I remember mine learning it in Shiny Gold
Because it can from the 3rd generation onwards...
I keep repeating... 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd generation for god's sake o.O

PokeReject
January 1st, 2013, 01:03 AM
aw fudge, oh well. A simple mistake, sorry for that post

Cyclone
January 1st, 2013, 07:38 AM
Bulbapedia says the same as I.
As you probably haven't read, I've specified "IN 2ND GENERATION".
And here's a proof on mentioned bulba:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Feraligatr_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_II_learnset#By_leveling_up
Here's more proof: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Waterfall_%28move%29

Indeed, in second generation, it cannot learn Waterfall. In third generation, it can. And so ends the debate.

Cyclone

alienhunterx
January 2nd, 2013, 12:17 AM
Because it can from the 3rd generation onwards...
I keep repeating... 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd generation for god's sake o.O
My dear Friend Ash I know what are you saying.. I was just supporting your statement :). As this hack is 3rd gen based , Diego should add Waterfall for Feraligatr no matter what

Banjora Marxvile
January 2nd, 2013, 04:13 AM
My dear Friend Ash I know what are you saying.. I was just supporting your statement :). As this hack is 3rd gen based , Diego should add Waterfall for Feraligatr no matter what

That would ruin the point of him saying that movesets are now based on 2nd gen. He changed it to that for a reason, instead of leaving it (as it is a 3rd gen hack so it was there by default)

Hound of Justice
January 3rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Isn't this redundant seeing as how we already have the official remakes and the crystal remake on firered from LaZ?

EDIT: Also, could you call the double battle with Lance anytime, say if you want another battle with Lance with another group?
Liquid Crystal?
There are like 20 bugs even in New Bark Town hahahaha
The only good about lc its that its a big game :D
Id rather play 1 region in this hack than all 3 regions of lc :D

Lol sorry about the Togekiss comment i got confused xD

Cyclone
January 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Liquid Crystal?
There are like 20 bugs even in New Bark Town hahahaha
The only good about lc its that its a big game :D
Id rather play 1 region in this hack than all 3 regions of lc :D

Lol sorry about the Togekiss comment i got confused xD
I think they tried to make LC be a little later than the original Crystal, in that the characters may be different, new things may be added, etc. However, I do agree; if you plan a "remake", then things should be identical. Thus, this is the better hack.

Cyclone

alienhunterx
January 3rd, 2013, 11:53 PM
We should always praise hackers as they really put lot of their life in making a hack. Both LC and Crystal Rock in different ways

eragon_1121
January 6th, 2013, 04:52 PM
For some reason when I try to go to the Tin Tower it just shows a black screen. Any help?

diegoisawesome
January 6th, 2013, 08:21 PM
I'm really sorry for the huge delay in releasing the "Christmas" surprise. This is what happens when I set deadlines for myself... But guess what? Today is the day it's coming out!
Nope, it's for CrystalDust. As you'll see...
Thanks for the fixes!
I feel that a new beta for Shining Opal is coming :D
Or maybe something involving Wonder Cards? :P
Neither, as you'll see.
Thanks for the fixes diego!! :D.....I wonder if you can get a togekiss in crystal dust?????
Sorry, no 4th gen Pokémon in CrystalDust.
new bugs found :(....after you battle your rival in the burnt tower the old man standing outside has spelling errors in his dialogue,the sailor outside in olivine city has weird characters in his dialogue as well......hope you fix soon as always :)......and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU & EVERYBODY ELSE!!! :D
I can't find any errors with the old man's dialogue, but the sailor has been fixed.

Honestly, you've just done so much for this game that I think crediting you separately is really nice. But don't leave! I want you to beta test all my future hacks! :P.
In all seriousness, I wish you good luck with the rest of your life, as a beta tester or whatever you do for your real job. If you don't you should; you're good at it!
I think you're getting Togegetic and Togekiss mixed up. xD This hack doesn't contain any 4th gen or 5th gen Pokemon to my knowledge so I'm fairly sure Togekiss is unavailable, I'm sorry to say. I personally love it (serene grace ftw) but yeah, it's not available. Having said that, I wouldn't mine 4th gen being introduced, but I guess that's up to diegoisawesome (that, and I would doubt they would be implemented until at least the hack was finished/reached the Sevii Islands.)

And awwww. :( As many would agree, you were amazing at picking up errors etc. Good luck with life and a merry Christmas to you too (and everyone else of course.) :t225:
This isn't related to the post, but your Pryce sprites have been inserted and are in today's new beta!
Yeah removing unwanted pokes and adding 4th gen pokes as their replacement would be a great idea and will make this hack more likely to be playable by more fans.:D
...No thanks. The current Pokémon count is pretty good.

1st: Not really, considering the three remakes have different features that make them all good in different ways.
2nd. I could, with some modification. Interesting idea for the future...

Yeah, sorry to tell you, but Feraligatr couldn't learn Waterfall in 2nd gen and that's the way it's going to be here too.
I found bugs in the cianwood gym......just wanted to let you know
Could you please clarify?
We should always praise hackers as they really put lot of their life in making a hack. Both LC and CrystalDust Rock in different ways
This is true. People have different tastes and interests, and I think LC, CD, and HG/SS together fit into the main remake niches.
For some reason when I try to go to the Tin Tower it just shows a black screen. Any help?
This is (finally) fixed with today's patch.

Speaking of today's patch... This is a big one, containing 30k more changes than the last one...
The Proper DN System and Fixed Saves Patch!
Yes, you read correctly. A proper DN system that has decent palettes and... light-up windows!
http://o15.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CrystalDust_morning.pnghttp://o15.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CrystalDust_day.pnghttp://o15.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CrystalDust_afternoon.pnghttp://o15.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CrystalDust_night.png
(I'll update the first post later)
Not just this, but CrystalDust also saves on real hardware now!! Sadly, this means that your old save files won't work at all... However, save states should continue to work.
These features and a lot of other things are in today's patch! Download it now!

Chaos Rush
January 6th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Not just this, but CrystalDust also saves on real hardware now!!
That is pure awesomeness; I will try this immediately and give you a review when I'm done.

Even though I've previously expressed disappointment in carrying over certain aspects of G/S/C that were only there because of time and/or GBC hardware restrictions, I still wish you the best of luck on this hack.

alienhunterx
January 7th, 2013, 12:23 AM
All Hail Diego for coming back!!! Was that beta posted or yet to come today?

Cyclone
January 7th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Eh...

Yes, you read correctly. A proper DN system that has decent palettes and... light-up windows!
In other words, download, swap, and see if windows light up at night after you load your save state (not actual save since diego said they don't work, so create a save state before swapping).

Cyclone

Lugiaz Soul
January 7th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Speaking of today's patch... This is a big one, containing 30k more changes than the last one...
The Proper DN System and Fixed Saves Patch!
http://o15.com/w/images/3/31/CrystalDust_morning.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/2/2f/CrystalDust_day.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/3/33/CrystalDust_afternoon.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/d/d0/CrystalDust_night.png
(I'll update the first post later)
Not just this, but CrystalDust also saves on real hardware now!! Sadly, this means that your old save files won't work at all... However, save states should continue to work.
These features and a lot of other things are in today's patch! Download it now!
I see that my patience has been rewarded. Diego, you are the man! I wish you the best and a happy New Years!
EDIT: Found this using the latest patch. I was at the bug catching contest.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=66970&stc=1&d=1357594176

Hound of Justice
January 7th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I know that they work hard on those hacks i just dont like some things in lc so i just posted my opinion about it
Btw lol most of the bugs are fixed in new bark town in the new build xD

Anyway about this hacks update... holy... just wow i didnt see that coming :D
But still i cant really stay here even if i want lol i wish i could do many things at once but i cant so i have to leave... and it really sucks but hey thats how life works :D
I know that i did more work than some members here but still id rather see the pc members who helped with testing as a whole because tbh i didnt do anything hard and it did not take that much time lol its just minor help :)
Still its up to u if u want to change this im ok with my nickname staying on the credits after im gne.
Well bye this is really the last time im here i had a nice time here pc members are very helpful and friendly keep up the good work guys & girls ;)

diegoisawesome
January 7th, 2013, 04:29 PM
That is pure awesomeness; I will try this immediately and give you a review when I'm done.

Even though I've previously expressed disappointment in carrying over certain aspects of G/S/C that were only there because of time and/or GBC hardware restrictions, I still wish you the best of luck on this hack.
Haha, thanks. I know you and me have differences with preferred remake style, but to each his own. personally, I think that the smaller Kanto just adds to the GSC-ness of it and makes it really feel as though Kanto has changed after three years.
Well, I DID say that you can download it now...
I see that my patience has been rewarded. Diego, you are the man! I wish you the best and a happy New Years!
EDIT: Found this using the latest patch. I was at the bug catching contest.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=66970&stc=1&d=1357594176
Thanks for the compliment, but... what did you find, exactly?
I know that they work hard on those hacks i just dont like some things in lc so i just posted my opinion about it
Btw lol most of the bugs are fixed in new bark town in the new build xD

Anyway about this hacks update... holy... just wow i didnt see that coming :D
But still i cant really stay here even if i want lol i wish i could do many things at once but i cant so i have to leave... and it really sucks but hey thats how life works :D
I know that i did more work than some members here but still id rather see the pc members who helped with testing as a whole because tbh i didnt do anything hard and it did not take that much time lol its just minor help :)
Still its up to u if u want to change this im ok with my nickname staying on the credits after im gne.
Well bye this is really the last time im here i had a nice time here pc members are very helpful and friendly keep up the good work guys & girls ;)
Man, I'm really sorry to see you go. But if you have to, I guess you have to.

alienhunterx
January 7th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Than I am starting it right away now to match your work with Liquid crystal..;)

Lugiaz Soul
January 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
The text boxes have no text.

diegoisawesome
January 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Than I am starting it right away now to match your work with Liquid crystal..;)
Start with today's patch, because as Lugiaz Soul says....
The text boxes have no text.
Yeah, sorry. That was a repointing issue I made and didn't notice. Fixed in today's patch.
But can you see the image you apparently posted earlier? Because the confusion arose when I couldn't see them.

alienhunterx
January 8th, 2013, 11:23 PM
OK then here we go deleting old file and re patching in a new ROM. By the way how is the work on Shining opal?

pokélover
January 9th, 2013, 09:52 AM
ahhhh this is nice!!!.....and the bugs In the cianwood gym are 1.you can walk/step on on the rock in front of the last trainer in the gym. 2.the rock that the gym leader breaks respawns after about 3 steps after you defeat him

oh and I forgot to tell you when you talk to Mr.Pokemon with the red scale you don't get the option to say yes or no and after you trade you don't even get the experience share.......tried the new patch is just me or does the colors seem more vibrant and you put in some new tunes :D

mcandre
January 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I'm trying to change the starter Pokemon in CrystalDust using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer. I select Psyduck, Mantine, and Mantine, and save to a new rom file. But when I play the new rom, it still presents the starter Pokemon from CrystalDust, not the ones I chose.

What's wrong?

--

Are Mew and/or MewTwo catchable in Pokemon CrystalDust like in Emerald?

If not, is there a reliable Emerald code that spawns a random Mew?

Can we get a definitive list of catchable Pokemon and compatible movesets for Pokemon CrystalDust?

It's unclear whether Mew and/or MewTwo are obtainable in CrystalDust.

It's also unclear whether movesets are closer to Gen II, where very few Pokemon can learn specific HMs, or closer to Gen III, where most Pokemon can learn many HMs.

Could we clear up some of the differences between CrystalDust, the official Crystal, the official Emerald, and the official HeartGold?

diegoisawesome
January 16th, 2013, 09:05 PM
OK then here we go deleting old file and re patching in a new ROM. By the way how is the work on Shining opal?
All I can say about Shining Opal is that progress is happening... Just slower than I'd like.
ahhhh this is nice!!!.....and the bugs In the cianwood gym are 1.you can walk/step on on the rock in front of the last trainer in the gym. 2.the rock that the gym leader breaks respawns after about 3 steps after you defeat him

oh and I forgot to tell you when you talk to Mr.Pokemon with the red scale you don't get the option to say yes or no and after you trade you don't even get the experience share.......tried the new patch is just me or does the colors seem more vibrant and you put in some new tunes :D
I've fixed the first bug in today's patch. The second one isn't a bug, it happens in Crystal too. The third one may be because you have too many things in your inventory. I'll fix it later.
And yeah, the colors are a lot better now due to the new DN system.
I'm trying to change the starter Pokemon in CrystalDust using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer. I select Psyduck, Mantine, and Mantine, and save to a new rom file. But when I play the new rom, it still presents the starter Pokemon from CrystalDust, not the ones I chose.

What's wrong? I use a different system of starters than Emerald does.

--

Are Mew and/or MewTwo catchable in Pokemon CrystalDust like in Emerald? Not yet.

If not, is there a reliable Emerald code that spawns a random Mew? You shouldn't use GameShark codes on hacks.

Can we get a definitive list of catchable Pokemon and compatible movesets for Pokemon CrystalDust? Catchable Pokémon are the same as in Crystal daytime, and learnable moves (not TM moves) are the same as Emerald.

It's unclear whether Mew and/or MewTwo are obtainable in CrystalDust.

It's also unclear whether movesets are closer to Gen II, where very few Pokemon can learn specific HMs, or closer to Gen III, where most Pokemon can learn many HMs. TM and HM assignments are identical to Crystal.

Could we clear up some of the differences between CrystalDust, the official Crystal, the official Emerald, and the official HeartGold? How about ou play the game and see for yourself?
Responses in bold. And please, if I don't respond right away, give it a few hours or days. Please don't spam posts with essentially the same questions.

And now, we bring you today's update: the GB Player update!
The GB Player from HGSS (or GB Sounds in English games) has been inserted into CrystalDust! However, it's of a much higher quality. Some songs still have issues and sound effects haven't been ported, but it's pretty much working as it should.

To get it in-game, go to the questionnaire in any Pokémon Mart and type in the phrase "GAME BOY MUSIC PLEASE". The clerk will then give you the GB Player. The next update should have a way to be informed about this from within the game itself and have a questionnaire within the Goodenrod Dept. Store.

alienhunterx
January 16th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Looks like you already posted the reply of my question. So i have nothing to say more except the game play which is way too cool. Reminds me quite a lot of the original story.

Projectwolfie
January 17th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Awesome work with the Day/Night system actually being proper and real hardware finally working! Definitely what I've been waiting for to get back into playing again.

sate92
January 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM
where can i get evo stones like leaf for my weepinbell ?

LCCoolJ95
January 19th, 2013, 06:50 PM
This game looks promising, with lit up windows at night, and the GB player. Question, what are you going to do about the 25 extra slots between celebi and treecko?

Seppy
January 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
I'm actually playing this game, just have to beat the rockets in the radio tower at the moment.
I just wanted to say that i really like this remake version of crystal with the emerald rom. One thing that impressed me a lot, was the graphics: not a genius in this sector, but i don't know why, i like them so much, feels like playing the original game but with more life.
The story is much like the original game, and so i can't judge that. I just wanted to say that this hack is coming out pretty well and i'm really enjoying it. Have all my support for it, great job, soon i'll try even your other hack that i only started but haven't continued. Keep the wonderful work ;)

alienhunterx
January 23rd, 2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah I have nearly finished the game by now and never found even a slightest bug and yeah I must say we should all salute Diego for that. (Even slightest more cooler than Liquid Crystal) ;)

Projectwolfie
January 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM
We should always praise hackers as they really put lot of their life in making a hack. Both LC and Crystal Rock in different ways
Everything needs criticism. If it wasn't for criticism, hacks turn to crap because the hacker assumes that everything doesn't have any bugs, nothing is unbalanced, and everything flows well.

Satoshi Ookami
January 27th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Everything needs criticism. If it wasn't for criticism, hacks turn to crap because the hacker assumes that everything doesn't have any bugs, nothing is unbalanced, and everything flows well.
I don't think any hacker thinks like this.
If he/she does, then it's plain arrogance.

Projectwolfie
January 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I don't think any hacker thinks like this.
If he/she does, then it's plain arrogance.

Many get missed. It's just the whole thing about having more than one pair of eyes looking at the same thing.

But anyway, back to the subject. I was wondering, since Diego's last post was about codes and such... will there be a merchant that will sell every TM/consumable item there is VERY VERY late in the game for use in postgame? Just curious is all. Yet Another Fire Red Hack had one right before the E4, and it was a neat idea that worked well but this is GSC so it should be in faaaar later.

alienhunterx
January 27th, 2013, 10:31 PM
The above post made me think one thing Diego. I remember a man appears in Goldenrod on wednesday who sells TMs not actually found in the game. Will he be added also or this is already done?

Undisputed
January 29th, 2013, 12:33 PM
The guy that sells flamethrower and other TMs is already in the hack Hunter.
Hey Diego did you made any progress with this hack?
Just being curious

alienhunterx
January 29th, 2013, 10:24 PM
The guy that sells flamethrower and other TMs is already in the hack Hunter.
Just being curious
Thanks for the answer and I m sure he is building it and that's just it is slow due to his busy life but he is doing it man as I have strong faith in him ;)

javarkiller
January 30th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Wow i love playing pokemon emerald, This looks like a great modification, ill get feedback after the game!

Eru_Paul
February 4th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I bought the Soul Silver version and I'm already in Kanto... still I prefer your version, I can remember my childhood (and there are no Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon ¬¬). c:

Caramel-O
February 7th, 2013, 07:24 AM
It's seems really good hack... but now there's other similatr hacks around like LC and SG...
:/

alienhunterx
February 7th, 2013, 11:15 PM
It's seems really good hack... but now there's other similatr hacks around like LC and SG...
Believe me his work is entirely dedicated with original stuff where he showed more life taking the Gen 2 game on the upper notch

Hound of Justice
February 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Hello its been some time since my last post i tried the GB Player update and i love it like the items icon and dialogues when i turn it on and off xD.

Offtop

Saw ur Portal 2 video on youtube that was some funny **** lol

Found a bug with the GB Player if you turn it on or off very fast (with they SELECT key) when you enter a new area there will be no music at all.
This is fixed simply by entering another area

Nightsoul
February 22nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Hello.
Firstly sorry for my bad english I from Poland... I using Google Translate in some words...
Very nice hack :) Great idea to remake gbc ver.
I have small bug:
- after passing EliteFour I was in Violet city instead New bark town

And is not possible to find Gastly in Crystal dust... In gbc version gastly appears in Routes 31, 32, and 36, Tin Tower, Sprout Tower in Night
Is to be able to add it to the game? Thx for read this ;)

hayatekun24
February 23rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
This is not finished yet, right? I don't play unfinished hacks but I shall wait for this because it seems cool.

alienhunterx
February 24th, 2013, 11:38 PM
This is not finished yet, right? I don't play unfinished hacks but I shall wait for this because it seems cool.
Well it does cover all the Johto as well as the Elite Four in Kanto section. Isn't it enough????

Lunedi
March 2nd, 2013, 04:04 AM
Hello, ehm.. i have a little problem..
After beat Lance in the Pkmn League, After the credits and when i loaded my savegame
I appeared in the Trade Room of the CP :/!
I used the "Walk Through Walls" code from Emerald, but Elm doesn't give me the S.S.Ticket :/
PD: Sorry my bad english, i speak spanish

Cya~

alienhunterx
March 3rd, 2013, 10:29 PM
After beat Lance in the Pkmn League, After the credits and when i loaded my savegame
I used the "Walk Through Walls" code from Emerald, but Elm doesn't give me the S.S.Ticket :/

Cya~
That is because the latest beta which you played ends after beating Lance in the elite Four HQs

Lunedi
March 4th, 2013, 02:30 AM
That is because the latest beta which you played ends after beating Lance in the elite Four HQs

Beta 2:
Finished
Almost everything in Johto and some parts of Kanto

.... But nothing of Kanto..

Projectwolfie
March 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Beta 2:
Finished
Almost everything in Johto and some parts of Kanto

.... But nothing of Kanto..
FYI, E4 headquarters are in Kanto in GSC. Go to the original Crystal and check your map after the guy says you made your first step into Kanto.

Parsifal
March 5th, 2013, 04:09 AM
where the f is gym 4 leader morty ?

alienhunterx
March 5th, 2013, 10:47 PM
where the f is gym 4 leader morty ?
Well.. Have you checked the Tin Tower located North-West of Ecruteak city and completed the legendary dogs event there?

Hound of Justice
March 9th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Hey i was thinking if you can a make a repel system for emerald similar to the Port of the BW2 Repel system to GBA released by a guy in this forums for firered version

And you could add weather in Johto and Kanto too atleast in special towns or routes or extra places you may add in those 2 regions after GSC story
Like adding snow in the town with the ice gym or near the cave etc
Weather didnt exist in the original crystal but that was most likely due to limitations and it has nothing to do with the story so you could add it lol :P

Superjub
March 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Hey i was thinking if you can a make a repel system for emerald similar to the Port of the BW2 Repel system to GBA released by a guy in this forums for firered version

And you could add weather in Johto and Kanto too atleast in special towns or routes or extra places you may add in those 2 regions after GSC story
Weather didnt exist in the original crystal but that was most likely due to limitations and it has nothing to do with the story so you could add it lol :P

I agree about the Repel system- I loved that from B2/W2 and it wouldn't have a massive affect on the 'experience'. :)

As for weather, eeeeh. It was one of the things of LC I didn't really like and why I know you're not suggesting the same, if it was intended I think they would have done it in HG/SS (which they didn't.) :x I think weather in the Sevii Islands would be cool where Diego can pretty much do whatever he likes. :)

Also, just wondering, but did you get my Chuck overworld sprites? :) /kindapostingthisatadlate.

aj8600
March 9th, 2013, 06:29 PM
My date and time has been stuck on Sunday at 5:26 for hours possibly the whole time. it makes catching night only pokemon impossible. is the day night system not fully in place?

Cyclone
March 9th, 2013, 07:37 PM
My date and time has been stuck on Sunday at 5:26 for hours possibly the whole time. it makes catching night only pokemon impossible. is the day night system not fully in place?
Check that your real-time clock is turned on in your emulator, mebbe?

Cyclone

Projectwolfie
March 10th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Are you sure that you have the latest version? I remember Diego fixing this problem. :|

Flame999
March 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
this hack is good and I play it on my phone and the tiles bring back some memories of Siver/Gold like with the headbutt trees but I'm only at Violet City so far

icecool86
March 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM
So how far does this hack go

TruePunk79
March 13th, 2013, 05:38 PM
First off, I just wanna say I love your hack. But the way the time works just isn't the same as in Crystal. If you want it to be more accurate, I would recommend removing the dark tint you added for evening. It just looks like someone turned down the brightness setting. Doesn't look to good imo. Morning, day, and night all look amazing though. Just that evening.. oohh.
Also in gen II, night starts at 6:00 PM. You had it set so evening began at 5:00 which is a little early, I think. Night should start where you have it, it's perfectly fine. Just that evening seems kind of unnecessary.

I understand that you're probably busy at the time, but please just consider these changes. It would make the hack so much more like Crystal (better, too!) and maybe adding Phanpy on Route 46 and Hoothoot on Route 29? :D

alienhunterx
March 13th, 2013, 10:34 PM
First off, I just wanna say I love your hack. But the way the time works just isn't the same as in Crystal. If you want it to be more accurate, I would recommend removing the dark tint you added for evening. It just looks like someone turned down the brightness setting. Doesn't look to good imo. Morning, day, and night all look amazing though. Just that evening.. oohh.
Also in gen II, night starts at 6:00 PM. You had it set so evening began at 5:00 which is a little early, I think. Night should start where you have it, it's perfectly fine. Just that evening seems kind of unnecessary.

I understand that you're probably busy at the time, but please just consider these changes. It would make the hack so much more like Crystal (better, too!) and maybe adding Phanpy on Route 46 and Hoothoot on Route 29? :D
Hey it is a fan based hack and adding something cool does not spoils it's original thing. I say Diego deserves more than this

The Hack finishes after you beat Lance in Indigo Headquarters.......

TruePunk79
March 13th, 2013, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=alienhunterx;7579912]Hey it is a fan based hack and adding something cool does not spoils it's original thing. I say Diego deserves more than this

I don't mean to insult Diego at all, this is a great hack! This is the best gen II remake I've seen (even surpassing Liquid Crystal) I just think the evening doesn't look very good. That is just what I think.

Reaper716
March 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
first of all,i really love your hack about crystal version.Support u to keep go on~
i find some bugs which hope you can fix it
1: the phone card doesn't work, i can't register on it and never receive call
2: i can't fish any pokemon in olivine city wharf with any rod;it should have Chinchou,Tentacool and Tentacruel
Come on and keep going!

jgraves08
March 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM
can anyone tell me when things like graveler and haunter evolve? tahnk you

Reaper716
March 17th, 2013, 09:31 PM
graveler and haunter both evolve by trade

Lugiaz Soul
March 17th, 2013, 10:12 PM
lets skip the shining opal and finish this first. we all want it!

alienhunterx
March 17th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I am sure Graveler evolves around Lv 40-45 in this hack while Haunter may evolve through Moon Stone in CrystalDust

graveler and haunter both evolve by trade
No, I have to correct you. This is a hack man not an original ROM so all the Gen 3 pokes are available here who either evolve through Stones or through leveling up

Reaper716
March 18th, 2013, 06:05 AM
I am sure Graveler evolves around Lv 40-45 in this hack while Haunter may evolve through Moon Stone in CrystalDust

No, I have to correct you. This is a hack man not an original ROM so all the Gen 3 pokes are available here who either evolve through Stones or through leveling up
i am sorry to mislead him. Thanks for your correction

nomi1993a
March 20th, 2013, 12:02 AM
how to get hm surf,rock smash and strength., iam currently on gyarados event how to pass it i neither have surf nor strength plz help

Krusty Krab Pizza
March 20th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Is it possible for you to make the date/time customize-able? You see, I foolishly picked Sunday when MOM asked what day it was, and now it is always Sunday. This is inconvenient because I do not have access to the Bug Catching Contest, the Move Tutor, and all other events that don't happen on Sunday.

I know you are trying to make an exact replica of Crystal, but why not correct some the original game's faults? For example, Houndoom is only catchable in the Kanto region. I have no clue why they would have a JOHTO Pokemon exclusively in the KANTO region. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure you know of a few other faults.

P.S. Fantastic job on the music. I played SoulSilver and their music SUCKS compared to yours. Seriously, on the replayable scale, the music is 10 for 10.

Lugiaz Soul
March 20th, 2013, 09:11 PM
how to get hm surf,rock smash and strength., iam currently on gyarados event how to pass it i neither have surf nor strength plz help
get surf from the city with the burned building. there is a KIMONO house. talk to the guy inside of it. then use surf and surf to the bottom left corner of the map to the island and beat the gym leader and his wife will give u strength. man, my brain is dead.

alienhunterx
March 20th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Is it possible for you to make the date/time customize-able? You see, I foolishly picked Sunday when MOM asked what day it was, and now it is always Sunday. This is inconvenient because I do not have access to the Bug Catching Contest, the Move Tutor, and all other events that don't happen on Sunday.

I know you are trying to make an exact replica of Crystal, but why not correct some the original game's faults? For example, Houndoom is only catchable in the Kanto region. I have no clue why they would have a JOHTO Pokemon exclusively in the KANTO region. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure you know of a few other faults.

P.S. Fantastic job on the music. I played SoulSilver and their music SUCKS compared to yours. Seriously, on the replayable scale, the music is 10 for 10.
Check your emulator's settings and see whether that Real Time Clock is enabled or not.

Zeikku™
March 21st, 2013, 01:11 AM
Long time no speak. The hack has come a long way since we last spoke!

nomi1993a
March 21st, 2013, 05:45 AM
get surf from the city with the burned building. there is a KIMONO house. talk to the guy inside of it. then use surf and surf to the bottom left corner of the map to the island and beat the gym leader and his wife will give u strength. man, my brain is dead.

Hey dude thanx 4 the reply, 1 more thing i need to ask that where should i find, dratini,bagon, deino, larvitar and beldrum if u knw any of them plz let me knw thanx in advance
Currently iam in blackthorn city

Krusty Krab Pizza
March 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Check your emulator's settings and see whether that Real Time Clock is enabled or not.

The RTC is enabled. The time changes but the day does not. I just think it would be extremely convenient for us, Pokefans, to be able to change the date/time to fit our individual needs.

It would definitely be a distinguishing feature for this crystal hack. More people would want to play this one over others such as Liquid Crystal.

alienhunterx
March 21st, 2013, 10:35 PM
The RTC is enabled. The time changes but the day does not. I just think it would be extremely convenient for us, Pokefans, to be able to change the date/time to fit our individual needs.

It would definitely be a distinguishing feature for this crystal hack. More people would want to play this one over others such as Liquid Crystal.
Then simply un check it and then see the result after

nomi1993a
March 21st, 2013, 11:57 PM
hey i just finished pokemom league stuf, now what to do?
Am i, go to explore KANTO, or any thing else, w8ing 4 the reply thanx

Krusty Krab Pizza
March 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Then simply un check it and then see the result after

I've already experimented with the RTC. When I turn it off, the clock stops working..and if the clock doesn't work, then the day won't change. There must be a bug.

Does Diego still read this forum?

TruePunk79
March 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM

Clamperl -> Gorebyss (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaScale
Clamperl -> Huntail (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaTooth
Graveler -> Golem: level 38
Haunter -> Gengar: level up with high happiness at night
Kadabra -> Alakazam: level up with high happiness in the day
Machoke -> Machamp: level 39
Onix -> Steelix: level up holding Metal Coat
Poliwhirl -> Politoed: level up holding King's Rock
Porygon -> Porygon2: level up holding Upgrade
Scyther -> Scizor: level up holding Metal Coat
Seadra -> Kingdra: level up holding Dragon Scale
Slowpoke -> Slowking: level up holding King's Rock

Hound of Justice
March 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM
Idk if Diego reads this topic but i know that he visits PC...

Tho i would love to know whats going with this hack and Shining Opal there was not any updates or posts for a long time lol

0.PSP.0
March 24th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Anybody know where i can find a HootHoot? I've checked on Route 29 like in the original game, but I haven't found it. Just started playing it, great hack!

diegoisawesome
March 24th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Let me start off this post by apologizing for dropping off the face of the earth for the past two months. When I started on today's update, I told myself that I would not post on PC until I was done with it. However, it took me much longer than anticipated. So, on to the replies!
Looks like you already posted the reply of my question. So i have nothing to say more except the game play which is way too cool. Reminds me quite a lot of the original story.
Thanks!
Awesome work with the Day/Night system actually being proper and real hardware finally working! Definitely what I've been waiting for to get back into playing again.
Awesome, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!
where can i get evo stones like leaf for my weepinbell ?
You can't in this beta, sorry.
This game looks promising, with lit up windows at night, and the GB player. Question, what are you going to do about the 25 extra slots between celebi and treecko?
Does anything say I have to use them? I might use one for Mikachu for a Shining Opal crossover, but that would be all.
I'm actually playing this game, just have to beat the rockets in the radio tower at the moment.
I just wanted to say that i really like this remake version of crystal with the emerald rom. One thing that impressed me a lot, was the graphics: not a genius in this sector, but i don't know why, i like them so much, feels like playing the original game but with more life.
The story is much like the original game, and so i can't judge that. I just wanted to say that this hack is coming out pretty well and i'm really enjoying it. Have all my support for it, great job, soon i'll try even your other hack that i only started but haven't continued. Keep the wonderful work ;)
The graphics are what you like? Interesting.
Thanks for the support!
Yeah I have nearly finished the game by now and never found even a slightest bug and yeah I must say we should all salute Diego for that. (Even slightest more cooler than Liquid Crystal) ;)
Only "slightest" more cooler? XD
I was wondering, since Diego's last post was about codes and such... will there be a merchant that will sell every TM/consumable item there is VERY VERY late in the game for use in postgame? Just curious is all. Yet Another Fire Red Hack had one right before the E4, and it was a neat idea that worked well but this is GSC so it should be in faaaar later.
I don't know... That idea doesn't seem good.
Just being curious
Yeah, I certainly have, as shown by today's update. Unless you mean story wise.
Thanks for the answer and I m sure he is building it and that's just it is slow due to his busy life but he is doing it man as I have strong faith in him ;)
Well, it wasn't really due to the fact that I'm busy. It was glitches, problems that took me ages to solve, and then I guess life did have an impact on the delay, especially since I had driving classes which were every day after school until late at night for a while.
Wow i love playing pokemon emerald, This looks like a great modification, ill get feedback after the game!
Can't wait to hear the feedback!
I bought the Soul Silver version and I'm already in Kanto... still I prefer your version, I can remember my childhood (and there are no Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon ¬¬). c:
Haha, that's what CD is here for.
They may be similar, but they can't stand up to CD in terms of accuracy.
Believe me his work is entirely dedicated with original stuff where he showed more life taking the Gen 2 game on the upper notch
My point exactly.
Hello its been some time since my last post i tried the GB Player update and i love it like the items icon and dialogues when i turn it on and off xD.

Offtop

Saw ur Portal 2 video on youtube that was some funny **** lol

Found a bug with the GB Player if you turn it on or off very fast (with they SELECT key) when you enter a new area there will be no music at all.
This is fixed simply by entering another area
I'm glad you enjoy the GB Player! I'll get to work on fixing the bug soon.
Hello.
Firstly sorry for my bad english I from Poland... I using Google Translate in some words...
Very nice hack :) Great idea to remake gbc ver.
I have small bug:
- after passing EliteFour I was in Violet city instead New bark town

And is not possible to find Gastly in Crystal dust... In gbc version gastly appears in Routes 31, 32, and 36, Tin Tower, Sprout Tower in Night
Is to be able to add it to the game? Thx for read this ;)
The first bug has been fixed... I think. I can't recall if I actually fixed that and don't have time to check right now.
The second bug is because I don't have night Pokémon added in yet. They'll come in the future.
That's really limiting your options for hacks. Most hacks aren't done and will never be because they were abandoned by their authors.

Cya~
Reeeeealy hoping I fixed this.

I might add in some weather in Sevii, but the repel system still has bugs and it's not something I would want to take the time to port anyways. I mean, I've ported less important things in the past, but...
Also, just wondering, but did you get my Chuck overworld sprites? :) /kindapostingthisatadlate.
/kindareplyingtothisatadlate
Yes, I did get your sprites, and they're in the newest beta if you want to check them out in-game.
this hack is good and I play it on my phone and the tiles bring back some memories of Siver/Gold like with the headbutt trees but I'm only at Violet City so far
Thanks for supporting the hack!
You can beat the Elite Four and Champion and watch the credits, and then you can't go any farther.

To me, I felt as if the transition from day to night was a little abrupt, so I added in the afternoon colors. Before, it was pretty much really, really red before I made the colors how they are now. And I am not going to go through the effort of changing the color tint now, sorry.
first of all,i really love your hack about crystal version.Support u to keep go on~
i find some bugs which hope you can fix it
1: the phone card doesn't work, i can't register on it and never receive call
2: i can't fish any pokemon in olivine city wharf with any rod;it should have Chinchou,Tentacool and Tentacruel
Come on and keep going!
The first bug is an issue with the phone which I am hoping to sort out sometime when I get the chance. The second bug has been fixed in today's patch.
lets skip the shining opal and finish this first. we all want it!
Except me. I want to work on Shining Opal as much as I want to work on CrystalDust, maybe more because it's my original story and I get to have more fun with it.

In regards to your time issue, you may be using an old version of VBA. Try using the one from my site, in the Downloads section.
Long time no speak. The hack has come a long way since we last spoke!
Yeah, it has! Mind playing it again and giving me your feedback?
Hey dude thanx 4 the reply, 1 more thing i need to ask that where should i find, dratini,bagon, deino, larvitar and beldrum if u knw any of them plz let me knw thanx in advance
Currently iam in blackthorn city
If you need to know where a Pokémon is, look up where it is in Crystal. They have the same areas in CrystalDust.

Well, that's why I went through the trouble of making a settable clock and day of the week in the beginning of the game, whereas LC just spits out your computer time. If you update to the emulator on my site, the day of the week should work fine.
hey i just finished pokemom league stuf, now what to do?
Am i, go to explore KANTO, or any thing else, w8ing 4 the reply thanx
Sorry, that's when this beta ends.
Does Diego still read this forum?
In fact, yes I do. I've also been known to post updates occasionally and respond to posters when not working on an update.
Have some more faith in me! I'm not abandoning PC.
Idk if Diego reads this topic but i know that he visits PC...

Tho i would love to know whats going with this hack and Shining Opal there was not any updates or posts for a long time lol
In fact, I get email updates every time there's a post here. I've just been trying not to post here because I wanted to focus on the update.
Anybody know where i can find a HootHoot? I've checked on Route 29 like in the original game, but I haven't found it. Just started playing it, great hack!
Night and morning Pokémon haven't been added yet, sorry.

Well, that's what I get for abandoning this thread for two months.
Now, onto what I've been working on for that time.
I present to you...

The Perfectionist Update
In this update, I've done two big (to me) things:
1. Moved the clock setting sequence in the intro to be before Oak's introduction speech.
2. Made stairs have the stair climbing animation from FireRed.

I realize that this may seem like something small, but I assure you, it took quite some time to get it all working just the way I wanted it to. And personally, I think it improves the professionalism of the hack by a great deal. Download it from the site in the first post, as per usual.

Oh yeah, there's also a little something I wanted to bring to everyone's attention:
http://i.imgur.com/c5piqc5.png
When I saw this, I was stunned. To think that CrystalDust beat Liquid Crystal... It was a huge honor to even get into the top three, let alone get second place! Thanks, guys, for all your support. This award wouldn't be possible without your bug reports, your ideas, and most of all, the fact that you play the game. That's what keeps me going. You playing this. Without that, I think this wouldn't be half the hack it is today.

Once again guys, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And now onto the more minor, but still awesome awards:
http://i.imgur.com/fhOiYsX.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/62M2mMs.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/2mrkY7X.png

Thanks again, and let's make sure we get first this year!

Hound of Justice
March 24th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Haha! Hes back xD

Ty for the update keep up the good work man

btw im Undisputed lol its my 2nd acc

Also u may want to update the year to 2013 in the menu screen :D

alienhunterx
March 24th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I knew it you are there Diego and you came back really. Any apologies you made accepted at once (At least by me). Now congrats on being on the 2nd place. (Who won the first place coz I never checked). Now can you update Shining opal more now that you came back

Reaper716
March 25th, 2013, 05:29 AM
welcome back~!
no matter why u drop off, you finally back.
Your smooth character design is the biggest spotlight(for me)
its the time you should be the top one!

SinDx
March 25th, 2013, 08:06 AM
So I think (if I understand correctly) that there was an update today.

I went to o15.com and downloaded the Beta 2 version. Is that the latest update, or is there a small patches section I missed?

Hound of Justice
March 25th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Yes it is the latest version you get it from the same link

Satoshi Ookami
March 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I knew it you are there Diego and you came back really. Any apologies you made accepted at once (At least by me). Now congrats on being on the 2nd place. (Who won the first place coz I never checked). Now can you update Shining opal more now that you came back
Dude! How can you NOT check the most important event of ROM hacking section?!
Obviously Light Platinum won (because everyone wanted it finally out of nominations xD).

alienhunterx
March 26th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Dude! How can you NOT check the most important event of ROM hacking section?!
Obviously Light Platinum won (because everyone wanted it finally out of nominations xD).
That is because I am too lazy to read any other section in this website except Hacks section

Static-X
March 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I decided to give this hack a try after seeing the screenshots of it. Although i haven't reach the first gym leader yet, i can tell by all the details regarding the environment and the character models that a lot of work was put into this. The sounds of everything is magnificent, and the lights of the houses at night really make this game stand out from the rest. Even the main character's sprites are beautifully done. I will provide you more feedback once i advance more into the game. Overall, this is the best hack i have played so far because of the quality of it

hackstar
March 27th, 2013, 01:05 AM
this might call real demake of cystal!

diegoisawesome
March 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Haha! Hes back xD

Ty for the update keep up the good work man

btw im Undisputed lol its my 2nd acc

Also u may want to update the year to 2013 in the menu screen :D
Thanks for the comment! And about the year: 2012 is the year I released Beta 2, so it's going to stay 2012 until I update it to Beta 3.
The issue with Shining Opal is that I haven't really been working on it as much as I'd like. But once I have some big news, I'll inform everyone about it.
welcome back~!
no matter why u drop off, you finally back.
Your smooth character design is the biggest spotlight(for me)
its the time you should be the top one!
Thanks for the praise!
I decided to give this hack a try after seeing the screenshots of it. Although i haven't reach the first gym leader yet, i can tell by all the details regarding the environment and the character models that a lot of work was put into this. The sounds of everything is magnificent, and the lights of the houses at night really make this game stand out from the rest. Even the main character's sprites are beautifully done. I will provide you more feedback once i advance more into the game. Overall, this is the best hack i have played so far because of the quality of it
Thanks for your feedback!
this might call real demake of cystal!
Uhh... what?

Anyways, today's post is about a small new update that probably doesn't affect many people: the stuff that happens when you lose to Silver and the choice boxes that overlap the textbox (the day of the week and the apricorns). I've added in the gloating text for Silver and the fact that you can lose the first battle against him and still continue playing. Also, the choice boxes scroll down instead of overlapping the textbox.

Download the new patch from the same link as usual (in the first post).

Norepin
March 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
I've a question regarding pokemon evolution o.o
At which lvl evolve those pokemon which are supposed to be transferred to another game in order to evolve? (Kadabra -> Alakazam, Scyther -> Scizor, etc...)
Ps Great work you did, this game is awesome.

Reaper716
March 31st, 2013, 06:31 PM
I've a question regarding pokemon evolution o.o
At which lvl evolve those pokemon which are supposed to be transferred to another game in order to evolve? (Kadabra -> Alakazam, Scyther -> Scizor, etc...)
Ps Great work you did, this game is awesome.
you can see #974 in page 39

pikachuhatesmk
March 31st, 2013, 08:56 PM
I tried applying the patch to my rom, yet when I pull it up on my vba, it doesn't show anything, just a white screen

alienhunterx
March 31st, 2013, 10:39 PM
I tried applying the patch to my rom, yet when I pull it up on my vba, it doesn't show anything, just a white screen
Try changing your ROM and patch it again by the IPS file.

ReoNeky
April 1st, 2013, 05:27 AM
I'll try the beta now! good luck!, congratulations for this great hack!

Luck!

The Brahma Bull
April 1st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Hey! Diego...
Good Going with the CrystalDust...
I was thinking, is it possible to add the level up effect(the blue things or lines that pop up around pokemon while leveling up) from firered to crystaldust...
I know its a small detail but since u r making it FR style, it would be nice...
Good Luck! & keep us updating...

Hound of Justice
April 1st, 2013, 08:03 PM

go to save option choose 128k play

Apply latest patch to a american emerald rom with lunar ips if the save setting wnt help

@Diego

Great job u managed to make Game progress after losing to that noob thats a small but nice addition xD
Dsnt matter to me if its a big or small update im always glad to see a change in this hack

Going to try the newest version to check the hack last time i played it was many versions back i wna see whats new :)

diegoisawesome
April 1st, 2013, 08:17 PM
Set your save option to 128k or use the VBA I have on my site.
I'll try the beta now! good luck!, congratulations for this great hack!

Luck!
Thank you!
Hey! Diego...
Good Going with the CrystalDust...
I was thinking, is it possible to add the level up effect(the blue things or lines that pop up around pokemon while leveling up) from firered to crystaldust...
I know its a small detail but since u r making it FR style, it would be nice...
Good Luck! & keep us updating...
Nah, there's really no point to that.
go to save option choose 128k play

Apply latest patch to a american emerald rom with lunar ips if the save setting wnt help

@Diego

Great job u managed to make Game progress after losing to that noob thats a small but nice addition xD
Dsnt matter to me if its a big or small update im always glad to see a change in this hack

Going to try the newest version to check the hack last time i played it was many versions back i wna see whats new :)
I think you should redownload the patched you did so before today, because...

Today I bring you guys the Indigo Plateau Update!
Changes:
1. Made the Indigo Plateau and the rooms of the Elite Four and Champion resemble more closely their GSC counterparts. Credits to Project Platinum for making the new rooms and to tonti for egging me on to import them.
2. Finally fixed the tiny bugs with the legendary beasts (bad sprites and wrong cry order).
All I can say is have fun!

Static-X
April 1st, 2013, 10:27 PM
Even though i have already beaten the Elite Four, i am still enjoying the game by exploring it more. The small updates that you keep making is worth it because it shows you really care about the game and the people that play it. I am glad to see this kind of responsibly. I must say that this hack is the best i have ever played! :)

Hound of Justice
April 2nd, 2013, 02:07 AM
Nice 2 more reasons to try the newest beta xD

Btw can u check if u lose gold after losing the 1st battle to Silver in Crystal, i tried the new patch and after losing to him i still had 3000

The Brahma Bull
April 2nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
@Diego
1. Why can't we get into the bed at home(New Bark Town)? It's blocked, i can't go to sleep, lol...
2. I think, the overworld sprite for Gold(Hero) can get a little more better.
3. BTW, have you considered about adding some move tutors for 3rd Gen moves since CD contains all the TMs from the original 2nd Gen Crystal...you can add some of the move tutors aroud johto & kanto just as Firered did... I think, it will not hurt the authenticity of the game as its Gen 3 remake.

Nightsoul
April 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Whether it is possible to add the random weather as in pokemon fire red?

Superjub
April 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Awesome to know that my sprites are in. I'm glad you liked them. ^^ Also, a massive congrats on the awards- they're very well deserved. :D I think I might try out the newest version right now- I'm quite curious as to what the League looks like now and it seems to have been a while since I last played. xD