PDA

View Full Version : Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [BETA 2 RELEASED!!!]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Hound of Justice
April 4th, 2013, 12:36 AM
I wonder if anyone caught any shiny pokemon this hacks lucky i had some shiny pokes

Edit:

Well since lc is discontinued this hack is the last remake thats still active i hope this gets completed as it is the most stable top quality hack i ever played :)

Static-X
April 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I wonder if anyone caught any shiny pokemon this hacks lucky i had some shiny pokes

Edit:

Well since lc is discontinued this hack is the last remake thats still active i hope this gets completed as it is the most stable top quality hack i ever played :)

I agree!

I really hope this hack ends up being finished since the creator has done such an amazing job so far

alienhunterx
April 4th, 2013, 11:38 PM
And it could become more amazing if Diego adds Orange Islands as well somehow

Hound of Justice
April 5th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Yeah and a Crystal Onix!
Lmao...

vC1oud
April 6th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Diegoisawesome can u email me at [email protected] plz thanks. :)

diegoisawesome
April 6th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Even though i have already beaten the Elite Four, i am still enjoying the game by exploring it more. The small updates that you keep making is worth it because it shows you really care about the game and the people that play it. I am glad to see this kind of responsibly. I must say that this hack is the best i have ever played! :)
Thanks a lot!
Nice 2 more reasons to try the newest beta xD

Btw can u check if u lose gold after losing the 1st battle to Silver in Crystal, i tried the new patch and after losing to him i still had 3000
If you lose to Silver in Crystal, you don't pay him any money.
@Diego
1. Why can't we get into the bed at home(New Bark Town)? It's blocked, i can't go to sleep, lol...
2. I think, the overworld sprite for Gold(Hero) can get a little more better.
3. BTW, have you considered about adding some move tutors for 3rd Gen moves since CD contains all the TMs from the original 2nd Gen Crystal...you can add some of the move tutors aroud johto & kanto just as Firered did... I think, it will not hurt the authenticity of the game as its Gen 3 remake.
1. Fixed in today's beta.
2. I think it's fine just the way it is.
3. Move tutors are really tedious to add in, but I might think about it for Kanto.
Whether it is possible to add the random weather as in pokemon fire red?
You mean as in Liquid Crystal? Hahahaha no. I personally disliked that feature.
However, if you're talking about just having different weather in some places, I think Sevii Islands might have some.
Awesome to know that my sprites are in. I'm glad you liked them. ^^ Also, a massive congrats on the awards- they're very well deserved. :D I think I might try out the newest version right now- I'm quite curious as to what the League looks like now and it seems to have been a while since I last played. xD
Awesome! Tell me what you think!

Edit:

Thanks!
I agree!

I really hope this hack ends up being finished since the creator has done such an amazing job so far
Thanks for your praise!
Yeah and a Crystal Onix!
Lmao...
Orange Islands is for LC. I already took the Sevii Islands, and well, I don't even have room for them.
Diegoisawesome can u email me at [email protected] plz thanks. :)
Uh, why don't you just send me a PM?

Anyways, today's update fixes a few minor bugs and finally makes Dude's Pokémon catching tutorial work as it did in Crystal. Try it out if you want to see for yourself!

abc123456789
April 7th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Thx diegoisawesome for a version very interesting. But I have a problem: the pokegear registered only 3 telephone number, one of mom, one of prof. elm, one of Joey, and when I meet a new trainer, it no more registered. You can explain? Thank you.
And at last I'm so sorry for my bad English! ._.

Zeikku™
April 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
So, Diego, I gave the hack a playthrough until the Pokémon League and I have to say you've done a pretty good job :). I think the only noticeable thing missing from the game is the sliding panel puzzles from the Ruins of Alph. I think you've incorporated Emerald's features well and I'm liking the official stock tiles and stock-looking custom tiles and animations; everything looks consistent which is somewhat of a rarity nowadays :D!

As a suggestion, I think you should change some Pokemon sprite animations because I find Emerald's sprites a little horrible looking at times. I think having some revamped ones from Crystal would make the experience a little more nostalgic. Like I said, this is some great work though!

Hound of Justice
April 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Orange Islands is for LC. I already took the Sevii Islands, and well, I don't even have room for them.

About this space limit is there any way to bypass it?

Thanks for another small update since i didnt start playing yet i will start from this latest patch if i have any free time (500 updates will be released probably before i can play lol)

As for what Zeikku said i agree, i hate how Rattatas look xD
I Know that its lots of work but could you work on changing all the 386 pokemons sprites in the future
Sprites that wasnt used in any other game or hack would make this hack more unique
Or revamped sprites from Crystal like he suggested

vC1oud
April 8th, 2013, 07:31 AM
I would have to say this is one of the BEST remakes of Crystal hands down just finished it after playing the original Crystal and WOW!! Just like the original with some awesome improvements. Cant wait for the beta 3!!!!!

iPika
April 9th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I had problems going into the cave after the random PokeCentre close to the guy selling Slowpoketail. It gave me the black screen (dramatic music). I also got the black screen when I entered the road to the Ruins of Alph (closest to Sudowoodo) and the other one (also towards RoA but the road is from the east). They all give me the (absolutely lovely) black screen.

diegoisawesome
April 11th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Thx diegoisawesome for a version very interesting. But I have a problem: the pokegear registered only 3 telephone number, one of mom, one of prof. elm, one of Joey, and when I meet a new trainer, it no more registered. You can explain? Thank you.
And at last I'm so sorry for my bad English! ._.
I haven't figured out yet how to add trainers in to the Phone Card correctly. Joey is just a coincidence.
So, Diego, I gave the hack a playthrough until the Pokémon League and I have to say you've done a pretty good job :). I think the only noticeable thing missing from the game is the sliding panel puzzles from the Ruins of Alph. I think you've incorporated Emerald's features well and I'm liking the official stock tiles and stock-looking custom tiles and animations; everything looks consistent which is somewhat of a rarity nowadays :D!

As a suggestion, I think you should change some Pokemon sprite animations because I find Emerald's sprites a little horrible looking at times. I think having some revamped ones from Crystal would make the experience a little more nostalgic. Like I said, this is some great work though!
Thanks for playing! And about the sprites... I can't really change them without having something to change them to.
About this space limit is there any way to bypass it?

Thanks for another small update since i didnt start playing yet i will start from this latest patch if i have any free time (500 updates will be released probably before i can play lol)

As for what Zeikku said i agree, i hate how Rattatas look xD
I Know that its lots of work but could you work on changing all the 386 pokemons sprites in the future
Sprites that wasnt used in any other game or hack would make this hack more unique
Or revamped sprites from Crystal like he suggested
There's no way to just bypass it easily. Besides, I don't need to as I'm not including the Orange Islands.
I would have to say this is one of the BEST remakes of Crystal hands down just finished it after playing the original Crystal and WOW!! Just like the original with some awesome improvements. Cant wait for the beta 3!!!!!
Thanks for the comment!
I had problems going into the cave after the random PokeCentre close to the guy selling Slowpoketail. It gave me the black screen (dramatic music). I also got the black screen when I entered the road to the Ruins of Alph (closest to Sudowoodo) and the other one (also towards RoA but the road is from the east). They all give me the (absolutely lovely) black screen.
This has been fixed in today's update. It turns out that the Ruins of Alph music for the GB Player was broken. Download the new version to continue playing.

Hound of Justice
April 11th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I played up to the 4th gym without getting any bugs everything is nice and i noticed many fixes and changes from the last time i played including new icons for key items :)
Only small things like the bargain shop are missing from Johto and the radio and phone features but its not a big deal

Since im not gna check the ruins of alph ill skip this update

Reaper716
April 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
bug here~i can't fish anything with any rod in everywhere
,and that, is it Magnemite have 5% hold a Metal Coat (http://pokemon.aucy.com/gba/items.php?search=Metal Coat&ver=em)?
also, is it the game has a sketch to catch celebi?(the original crystal method or the Celebi crystal version method?)

diegoisawesome
April 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I played up to the 4th gym without getting any bugs everything is nice and i noticed many fixes and changes from the last time i played including new icons for key items :)
Only small things like the bargain shop are missing from Johto and the radio and phone features but its not a big deal

Since im not gna check the ruins of alph ill skip this update
Thanks for playing again!
bug here~i can't fish anything with any rod in everywhere
,and that, is it Magnemite have 5% hold a Metal Coat (http://pokemon.aucy.com/gba/items.php?search=Metal Coat&ver=em)?
also, is it the game has a sketch to catch celebi?(the original crystal method or the Celebi crystal version method?)
Your bug doesn't seem to be a problem with me. Are you sure you're fishing Emerald's way?
Magnemite should still have a 5% chance to hold a Metal Coat.
Celebi's event has not been made yet.

Today, there's a small update to the GB Player. Everything should sound a bit more accurate now.

alienhunterx
April 12th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Man not a day passes in which there is not an update. Can you at least make a reasonable change and then release a beta. Just a friendly suggestion ;)

blurqe
April 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Today, there's a small update to the GB Player
Man not a day passes in which there is not an update.
What do you mean by this? Is the "beta 2" on his website being changed but left with the same label? Is there some other method of downloading this that I am unaware of?

alienhunterx
April 14th, 2013, 10:26 PM
He meant that he has made a small update today that has been automatically made available in his download website

SP458
April 14th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I've been playing your wonderful mod for a few days and I'm around Route 38. After capturing a Magnemite, I found out that it knows Metal Sound, a Gen III move. Is it just a detail?

Projectwolfie
April 17th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I've been playing your wonderful mod for a few days and I'm around Route 38. After capturing a Magnemite, I found out that it knows Metal Sound, a Gen III move. Is it just a detail?

Last I checked Pokemon still have Gen 3 learned moves.

amandayoung
April 18th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Based off of Pokémon Emerald (U)
Features:Why people want to play this and not Liquid Crystal some other remake
Awesome! I love it so much and I can't wait for the final release <3 I also tried the multiplayer functionality using the VBA-Link wireless adapter and it works perfect, like the original Emerald version. No lag or communication errors at all. Please DO NOT REMOVE this awesome thing from your game! All the other good hacks I've played ( Liquid Crystal, Flora Sky, Light Platinum ) have the multiplayer removed or it is corrupted and bugged. Please make it like the original Pokemon Crystal and keep the multiplayer feature alive as it is now. Even if your rom runs out of space, remove something else but keep the multiplayet intact!!!!
I am 21 and I love remember the good old times with my friends... We use Hamatchi to play online Emerald, and now your hack offer us a great single player too, exactly like original pokemon Crystal, my favourite game of all times.

JojoBloops
April 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Hmm.. reading your description.. it sounds almost exactly like HGSS put into GBA. I might give it a try though.

Satoshi Ookami
April 19th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Hmm.. reading your description.. it sounds almost exactly like HGSS put into GBA. I might give it a try though.
It's actually Crystal to GBA not 4th gen remakes =D

arjiegodz
April 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
will we see the beta 3 of this game or not?

lucious101
April 24th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I looked though the thread and can't find information about the friendship system. Did you leave the Gen 3 system from emerald or did you implement the Gen 2 system to match Crystal?

Britani Knight
April 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM

I'm pretty sure beta 3 will come eventually, just need to be patient.

patrick_20052005
April 25th, 2013, 01:03 AM
oh wow the sprite changes and music alterations are just so amazing. :) I wish to the new additions like the sevii islands that are planned to be included after the kanto quest in the coming beta.

I forgot if i asked this already, but diego would it be possible to include your mom buying you some pokemon dolls as you progress in the game? i somehow missed that feature.

The Brahma Bull
April 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Hey! Diego
The game freezes when u enter inside the battle tower... Only black screen appears...

Hound of Justice
April 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
So i won the elite 4 and lance and i liked the changes in the rooms the hack didnt had any bugs until the end when i won lance i teleported to violet town after the credits
Also finally all the week siblings appear now and the time bugs with gameboid are fixed.. except a new little problem kurt never gives me a ball after 1 day and i cant enter the bug catching contest after i compete once...
And a small graphical glitch when i evolved slowpoke to slowking while i was holding a kings rock some black boxes appear for 1 sec this happened with politoed too so it has to do with pokes that evolve while holding an item

alienhunterx
April 25th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Man this could be because you are playing it on Gameboid, the Day and Night system is not working properly for you???

The Brahma Bull
April 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Berries are not growing...

alienhunterx
May 2nd, 2013, 12:32 AM
Check the real time clock settings from the emulator.

Hound of Justice
May 4th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Check the real time clock settings from the emulator.

So desperate for post count that you have to post unhelpful crap all the time arent you :D

HeyJowd
May 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Um, hey there everyone. I've encountered a problem with freezing in-game.
I just finished beating clair and i've recieved the master ball from Prof. Elm.
When i set foot to kanto, the game freezes.

I've already set foot here once in order to get the moon stone inside tohjo falls and it didn't freeze before.

Please help! I really love this hack, And i really wanna finish it because GSC was the first ever pokemon game i've played, and out of all the GSC hacks i've played, this is the one I love the best. Nostalgia feels all over.

Please help me :((( thanks in advance

Josephine
May 6th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Awesome stuff, I'll be sure to download and give it a play soon.

Two tiny things that I've noticed however, from the screenies you have on show, are that the rocket executives you're fighting in the screen below are both simply called "TEAM ROCKET EXECUTIVE"

http://o15.com/w/images/0/09/CrystalDust_lancecoop.png

(Maybe think about giving them more distinguishable names, like "ROCKET EXECUTIVE MICHAEL" and "ROCKET EXECUTIVE LANEY")

and that you have "CUTS" in all caps in the the next screen below, where it probably shouldn't be for continuities sake.

http://o15.com/w/images/a/ad/CrystalDust_farfetchd.png

(It's typically only nouns that are capitalised. CUT would be capitalised as it's the name of a move, but not the action of cutting)

I haven't thumbed through all the pages in here so I apologize if these have already been pointed out.

amandayoung
May 6th, 2013, 11:55 AM
It would be awesome if you imported the BW2 repel system as seen here:
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291023
Keep it up! This is the best remake for Crystal out there! We can't wait for Beta 3, and hopefully a final completed version soon!!!

Satoshi Ookami
May 7th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Keep it up! This is the best remake for Crystal out there! We can't wait for Beta 3, and hopefully a final completed version soon!!!
Well... Repel system has been implemented for FR...
Diego would have to do all the work of porting it to Emerald by himself.

pranish999
May 13th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Wow pokemon crystal dust came in 2nd place

MrAPT1
May 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM
So after some consulting with Diego, we both have agreed that posting my track progress here would be a pretty good idea, so I'll be doing that whenever I can get around to it.

Anyways, as of late I've worked on 2 themes that you guys probably won't be hearing until the next beta is released, so I figure I'd let you guys listen to them early.

(Spoilers because the video display is rather large)

FNkJOXK0t4s

CoFEXIVbOzI

alienhunterx
May 17th, 2013, 10:51 PM
So after some consulting with Diego, we both have agreed that posting my track progress here would be a pretty good idea, so I'll be doing that whenever I can get around to it.

Anyways, as of late I've worked on 2 themes that you guys probably won't be hearing until the next beta is released, so I figure I'd let you guys listen to them early.

FNkJOXK0t4s

CoFEXIVbOzI
The music hears great. Too bad only the music section is being progressed though....

catroZ
May 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Wow, been playing the hack ever since Beta 2 came out.
BTW, I'm wondering whether DIA(DiegoIsAwesome) will release Beta 3, 'cause he's after updating the main thread

amandayoung
May 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Awesome! I've been playing the hack for the past two weeks and I have not encounter any bugs or something annoying at all! The only thing it might should be improved in the next beta is the regional map full view. Personally I like the pallete and graphic details better in Liquid Crystal town map. ( I haven't got enough posts to attach images so i give the links to compare the two of them! )

Liquid Crystal: linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2yorbza.png

Crystal Dust: o15.com/w/images/9/92/CrystalDust_johtomap.png

!Oblivion
May 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!

Repartee
May 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!

You need to change the save type to Flash 128k

alienhunterx
May 19th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Also you must be using a clean Emerald hack so that this foes not occurs. Generally the white screen issue comes from the bad choice of base ROM

diegoisawesome
May 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Man not a day passes in which there is not an update. Can you at least make a reasonable change and then release a beta. Just a friendly suggestion ;)
Hah, I guess your suggestion worked. It's been a few weeks since my last update.
Awesome! I love it so much and I can't wait for the final release <3 I also tried the multiplayer functionality using the VBA-Link wireless adapter and it works perfect, like the original Emerald version. No lag or communication errors at all. Please DO NOT REMOVE this awesome thing from your game! All the other good hacks I've played ( Liquid Crystal, Flora Sky, Light Platinum ) have the multiplayer removed or it is corrupted and bugged. Please make it like the original Pokemon Crystal and keep the multiplayer feature alive as it is now. Even if your rom runs out of space, remove something else but keep the multiplayet intact!!!!
I am 21 and I love remember the good old times with my friends... We use Hamatchi to play online Emerald, and now your hack offer us a great single player too, exactly like original pokemon Crystal, my favourite game of all times.
Thanks for your comment! I will NOT be removing multiplayer.
Eventually.
I looked though the thread and can't find information about the friendship system. Did you leave the Gen 3 system from emerald or did you implement the Gen 2 system to match Crystal?
The friendship system? You mean the methods for Pokémon to become friendlier? It's the same as Emerald.
I forgot if i asked this already, but diego would it be possible to include your mom buying you some pokemon dolls as you progress in the game? i somehow missed that feature.
I may be implementing that in the future, after I make the banking system work.
Hey! Diego
The game freezes when u enter inside the battle tower... Only black screen appears...
I've fixed this in today's update. Sorry for taking so long!
So i won the elite 4 and lance and i liked the changes in the rooms the hack didnt had any bugs until the end when i won lance i teleported to violet town after the credits
Also finally all the week siblings appear now and the time bugs with gameboid are fixed.. except a new little problem kurt never gives me a ball after 1 day and i cant enter the bug catching contest after i compete once...
And a small graphical glitch when i evolved slowpoke to slowking while i was holding a kings rock some black boxes appear for 1 sec this happened with politoed too so it has to do with pokes that evolve while holding an item
I think I've fixed the teleportation to Violet glitch. I dunno what's up with Kurt and the Contest, though.
And I've never seen the glitch when evolving via held item on level up.
You probably need to enable the RTC in your emulator. If you're using Windows, just download the VBA package from my website.
Um, hey there everyone. I've encountered a problem with freezing in-game.
I just finished beating clair and i've recieved the master ball from Prof. Elm.
When i set foot to kanto, the game freezes.

I've already set foot here once in order to get the moon stone inside tohjo falls and it didn't freeze before.

Please help! I really love this hack, And i really wanna finish it because GSC was the first ever pokemon game i've played, and out of all the GSC hacks i've played, this is the one I love the best. Nostalgia feels all over.

Please help me :((( thanks in advance
Fixed this in today's update. This and the Battle Tower glitch were because of errors in the GB Player.
Awesome stuff, I'll be sure to download and give it a play soon.

Two tiny things that I've noticed however, from the screenies you have on show, are that the rocket executives you're fighting in the screen below are both simply called "TEAM ROCKET EXECUTIVE"

http://o15.com/w/images/0/09/CrystalDust_lancecoop.png

(Maybe think about giving them more distinguishable names, like "ROCKET EXECUTIVE MICHAEL" and "ROCKET EXECUTIVE LANEY")

and that you have "CUTS" in all caps in the the next screen below, where it probably shouldn't be for continuities sake.

http://o15.com/w/images/a/ad/CrystalDust_farfetchd.png

(It's typically only nouns that are capitalised. CUT would be capitalised as it's the name of a move, but not the action of cutting)

I haven't thumbed through all the pages in here so I apologize if these have already been pointed out.
The first one is simply keeping with the way GSC had it. I don't want to give them names they didn't already have *coughHGSScough*. And the second one? The S after an all-caps word has been capitalized since Gen II. I used to have it the other way, but I ended up changing it back.

Well... Repel system has been implemented for FR...
Diego would have to do all the work of porting it to Emerald by himself.
Besides that and the fact that it's buggy, I don't think it fits in with the "accurate remake" theme here.
Wow pokemon crystal dust came in 2nd place
It certainly did!

FNkJOXK0t4s

CoFEXIVbOzI
Loving the music, man!
The music hears great. Too bad only the music section is being progressed though....
Look, I apologize, but not only am I trying to work on Shining Opal at the time, but I've had less free time recently. CrystalDust Beta 3 will get here when it gets here and not a moment sooner.
Wow, been playing the hack ever since Beta 2 came out.
BTW, I'm wondering whether DIA(DiegoIsAwesome) will release Beta 3, 'cause he's after updating the main thread
I have literally made NO progress on Beta 3. I haven't even made the script for Elm's phone call. And it's a good thing too, otherwise I wouldn't be able to send out bugfixes so easily.
Awesome! I've been playing the hack for the past two weeks and I have not encounter any bugs or something annoying at all! The only thing it might should be improved in the next beta is the regional map full view. Personally I like the pallete and graphic details better in Liquid Crystal town map. ( I haven't got enough posts to attach images so i give the links to compare the two of them! )

Liquid Crystal: linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2yorbza.png

Crystal Dust: o15.com/w/images/9/92/CrystalDust_johtomap.png
Thanks! FRLG style all the way!

You need to change the save type to Flash 128k

Also you must be using a clean Emerald hack so that this foes not occurs. Generally the white screen issue comes from the bad choice of base ROM
These two problems could be what's causing your white screen issue. Generally though, it's the first one.
If you don't want to bother setting up your emulator yourself, just download VBA straight from my site.

Onto today's update! It's not a very big one, mostly bugfixes, but I've also included new Town Maps made by yours truly:
http://o15.com/w/images/9/92/CrystalDust_johtomap.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/9/99/CrystalDust_kantomap.png
Tell me if you have any bugs with them! (If the images haven't updated for you, Shift+Refresh)

chaosrules
May 23rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
I'm really interested in this hack, as Crystal was my first Pokemon game. The main story is finished, correct?

unknown231
May 24th, 2013, 05:40 PM
i can't wait for the Beta 3!!!!!!!! i hope there's a new pokemon like 4th or 5th gen :)

Satoshi Ookami
May 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM
i can't wait for the Beta 3!!!!!!!! i hope there's a new pokemon like 4th or 5th gen :)
What would they do in 2nd generation remake?

Repartee
May 25th, 2013, 08:29 PM
We just download the latest patch from the wiki site right? Is there anyway of telling if it is the latest patch?

diegoisawesome
May 25th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I'm really interested in this hack, as Crystal was my first Pokemon game. The main story is finished, correct?
The Johto story is finished. Kanto is a work in progress.
What would they do in 2nd generation remake?
Exactly.
We just download the latest patch from the wiki site right? Is there anyway of telling if it is the latest patch?
Well, it does say "Download the Latest CrystalDust Patch" as the download link, so I'd assume that's the latest. ;)

long21
May 26th, 2013, 03:29 AM
I think it would be nice if you added physical/special split in beta 3

jj_olli
May 26th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Diego said that won't happen, and I don't like the Physical Special split in 3rd generation hacks. Just seems out of place.

Satoshi Ookami
May 26th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Was it in the 2nd generation? No. There's no point in adding it.

People seem to be too demanding from the other hacks...
You guys should really understand that this is supposed to be 2nd generation remake and quoting diego "Most accurate one". So you shouldn't suggest things that do not exist in 2nd generation.

AtecainCorp.
May 27th, 2013, 09:13 AM
diegoisawesome? Cam you share with me your method for HEADBUTT TREES? I'm duno with it. I try do Headbutt Trees for Pokemon Ruby. And allways I failed.

Nikerblack
May 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Hi Dude am.. i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's JUST AWESOME!!!
,But the point is today i just arrived at ecruteak city and i met the 3 legendary dogs..i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear ??
Note : i have not met them in the bushes..
Once more i say your ROM is AWESOME :D and cya!

Hi ..amm i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's just AWESOME!!!
but the point is, i arrived to ecruteak city today and i met the 3 Legendary Dogs,i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear?????
Note : i have not met them in the bushes!

Repartee
May 30th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Ok, I few things:
*Why is the Mach bike put in instead of the normal bike/acro bike? I find the Mach bike not really useful and I'm pretty sure crystal had a normal bike
*I've only got 2 trainers registered on my phone card, Dana and Joey.
*If you look at the area tab on the Pokedex the map is really distorted.
*Berries don't regrow! I know that my Real Time Clock works since the weekdays and lapras work and the in-game time is synced with my actual time.

Treetwig
May 31st, 2013, 02:49 AM
Awesome hack!!! I've finished it 9 hrs. =) and I haven't found any bugs good job!I be waiting at full version =)

Casavult
June 1st, 2013, 06:43 PM
Oh wow, this looks fantastic! Great work OP. I can't wait to try BETA 3.

Keep up the great work! :)

patrick_20052005
June 2nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
I finished the newest beta and I liked it very much, the tiles from fr/lg work nicely as well as the custom leaves and trees that can be cut. I just wanted to point out some suggestions and errors that i have found.

errors:
Farfetch'd as a missing animation when moving (it floats), i hope this gets addressed in the future beta.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/farfetchds_morefluidmovement_zpsa5587272.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/farfetchds_morefluidmovement_zpsa5587272.png.html)

My pokemon doesn't trigger a headbutt animation on a tree, however the whirlpool hm is outstanding.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/headbutt_zps05aa88e0.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/headbutt_zps05aa88e0.png.html)

This happens when checking the pokedex area page.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/mapfix_zps74447883.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/mapfix_zps74447883.png.html)

Sprite-wise, the girl trainer's face looks puffy while running as opposed to the boy trainer.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/runninganimation_weird_zps05c7e80e.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/runninganimation_weird_zps05c7e80e.png.html)

Suggestions:
Contrary to rby, gsc had a different pokemon used during surf (most likely a lapras) i was hoping if it would be possible to request for a custom surf animation to compensate for this as the current animation (which uses fire red/ leaf greens) resembles the rby surf animation (a seel/ dewgong looking pokemon) (you can search for the old sprites as reference)
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/surf_changesprite_zpsdd0b2f98.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/surf_changesprite_zpsdd0b2f98.png.html)

Let me know what you think, thank you for updating us from time to time with this hack. =)

diegoisawesome
June 3rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
diegoisawesome? Cam you share with me your method for HEADBUTT TREES? I'm duno with it. I try do Headbutt Trees for Pokemon Ruby. And allways I failed.
Just make a script based on the rock smash rocks.
Hi Dude am.. i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's JUST AWESOME!!!
,But the point is today i just arrived at ecruteak city and i met the 3 legendary dogs..i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear ??
Note : i have not met them in the bushes..
Once more i say your ROM is AWESOME :D and cya!

Hi ..amm i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's just AWESOME!!!
but the point is, i arrived to ecruteak city today and i met the 3 Legendary Dogs,i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear?????
Note : i have not met them in the bushes!
You can't find them in the wild yet, sorry to say, except for Suicune.
Ok, I few things:
*Why is the Mach bike put in instead of the normal bike/acro bike? I find the Mach bike not really useful and I'm pretty sure crystal had a normal bike Well, I don't have Acro Bike sprites, so I'm using the Mach Bike until I can get its speed down.
*I've only got 2 trainers registered on my phone card, Dana and Joey. I have not yet programmed the normal trainers into the Pokégear. I've stated this multiple times in this thread.
*If you look at the area tab on the Pokedex the map is really distorted. Fixed in today's update.
*Berries don't regrow! I know that my Real Time Clock works since the weekdays and lapras work and the in-game time is synced with my actual time. No clue about this, everything seems to be working fine here.
Responses in bold.
Awesome hack!!! I've finished it 9 hrs. =) and I haven't found any bugs good job!I be waiting at full version =)
Thanks for your support!
Oh wow, this looks fantastic! Great work OP. I can't wait to try BETA 3.

Keep up the great work! :)
Thanks for the comment!
I finished the newest beta and I liked it very much, the tiles from fr/lg work nicely as well as the custom leaves and trees that can be cut. I just wanted to point out some suggestions and errors that i have found.

errors:
Farfetch'd as a missing animation when moving (it floats), i hope this gets addressed in the future beta.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/farfetchds_morefluidmovement_zpsa5587272.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/farfetchds_morefluidmovement_zpsa5587272.png.html)

My pokemon doesn't trigger a headbutt animation on a tree, however the whirlpool hm is outstanding.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/headbutt_zps05aa88e0.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/headbutt_zps05aa88e0.png.html)

This happens when checking the pokedex area page.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/mapfix_zps74447883.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/mapfix_zps74447883.png.html)

Sprite-wise, the girl trainer's face looks puffy while running as opposed to the boy trainer.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/runninganimation_weird_zps05c7e80e.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/runninganimation_weird_zps05c7e80e.png.html)

Suggestions:
Contrary to rby, gsc had a different pokemon used during surf (most likely a lapras) i was hoping if it would be possible to request for a custom surf animation to compensate for this as the current animation (which uses fire red/ leaf greens) resembles the rby surf animation (a seel/ dewgong looking pokemon) (you can search for the old sprites as reference)
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/surf_changesprite_zpsdd0b2f98.png (http://s126.photobucket.com/user/blue_orangepatrick2006/media/surf_changesprite_zpsdd0b2f98.png.html)

Let me know what you think, thank you for updating us from time to time with this hack. =)
The first glitch is because I don't have walking frames for it. The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.
The next two have been fixed in today's update. I hope you like my new custom girl walking sprites!
And the last one is the same as the second one: I don't have sprites for that so I made do with what I had.

So today's update is small: the Pokédex location map has been fixed and so have the female running sprites.

alienhunterx
June 3rd, 2013, 10:40 PM
Looking at the title screen I should say that it should also be checked upon. That Suicune looks weird. I hope you will change it in future when you are free for it

patrick_20052005
June 3rd, 2013, 11:23 PM
The first glitch is because I don't have walking frames for it. The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.
The next two have been fixed in today's update. I hope you like my new custom girl walking sprites!
And the last one is the same as the second one: I don't have sprites for that so I made do with what I had.

So today's update is small: the Pokédex location map has been fixed and so have the female running sprites.

@diego:
that is fine, the updates are nice i've just checked.

the change is subtle for the walking animation but i see the positioning of the hands on the girl is different, i've also seen the running animation is fixed now too, thanks! =) and thanks for fixing the map.

Hound of Justice
June 4th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Umm what the menu screen is the best i ever saw in any hack it looks like platinums versions screen which is cool

Ty for the bug fixes Diego i have the berry bug too maybe its a gameboid issue..
bug contest works in the first time but if i come for the second time in a different day i cant enter again the npc says the contest is over

As for the bicycle you could use the acro bike which got around the same speed like the crystal bicycle
You could remove the jumping thing when u press b or leave it for use in sevii islands

amandayoung
June 4th, 2013, 11:03 AM
The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.

Maybe if you used the Sudowoodo animation for shaking tress but with the small trees model? Just an idea... I don't even know what the thing below does but i found it in the game files.

'-----------------------
#org 0x242CEA
lock
faceplayer
checksound
sound 0x10D
applymovement 0xE 0x8242D69
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x242D69
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw FE 'End of Movements

Repartee
June 4th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Umm what the menu screen is the best i ever saw in any hack it looks like platinums versions screen which is cool

Ty for the bug fixes Diego i have the berry bug too maybe its a gameboid issue..
bug contest works in the first time but if i come for the second time in a different day i cant enter again the npc says the contest is over

As for the bicycle you could use the acro bike which got around the same speed like the crystal bicycle
You could remove the jumping thing when u press b or leave it for use in sevii islands

Interesting, I'm using gameboid aswell...

EDIT: Just tried out VGBA and MyBoy! without any success.

Hound of Justice
June 4th, 2013, 09:42 PM
And i thought that the android time bugs were gne... atleast the week siblings show up now some were missing before
But one of the newest patches must have broken berries and the bug contest lol

Satoshi Ookami
June 4th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Looking at the title screen I should say that it should also be checked upon. That Suicune looks weird. I hope you will change it in future when you are free for it
What's weird about it? It looks pretty dark.

And i thought that the android time bugs were gne... atleast the week siblings show up now some were missing before
That's why people should only play hacks on PCs... Portable platforms won't ever have the best support possible...

Projectwolfie
June 5th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Interesting, I'm using gameboid aswell...

EDIT: Just tried out VGBA and MyBoy! without any success.
I don't know if it's the issue with your emulator or not, but you should get GBA.Emu or Retroarch (you might want to put down the money for .emu if you don't want to wade through a whole bunch of setup time) either way.

Almost everything else is gpsp based and/or just copies of gameboid which is a HORRIBLE thing for testing or playing hacks audio-wise at least, those two mentioned are VBA-M (basically VBA with all fan projects and improvements mixed inside of it, what most people who know what they're doing suggest now for GBA, much better sound by the way) based, which means if you're still having problems it's not an android issue and should be on PCs as well as they're right on the same mark as them. Your emulation playing will thank you in general anyway if your device is fast enough.

@Ash which is exactly why people are shifting away from old, outdated PSP emulators as their base for applications. I for one find playing portable emulators a bit more rewarding on a portable thingy.

Now that aside... it may very well be a gpsp-only bug, but I have no idea why such a thing would be. o.O

Quickster
June 5th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Maybe if you used the Sudowoodo animation for shaking tress but with the small trees model? Just an idea... I don't even know what the thing below does but i found it in the game files.

'-----------------------
#org 0x242CEA
lock
faceplayer
checksound
sound 0x10D
applymovement 0xE 0x8242D69
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x242D69
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw 13 'Delay4
#raw 0 'Face Down
#raw FE 'End of Movements

Ahh,yes. This would be a good idea. If you have an extra OW you can make it the headbutt tree with maybe two frames and just make it face left and down or something.

Repartee
June 5th, 2013, 08:42 PM
I don't know if it's the issue with your emulator or not, but you should get GBA.Emu or Retroarch (you might want to put down the money for .emu if you don't want to wade through a whole bunch of setup time) either way.

Almost everything else is gpsp based and/or just copies of gameboid which is a HORRIBLE thing for testing or playing hacks audio-wise at least, those two mentioned are VBA-M (basically VBA with all fan projects and improvements mixed inside of it, what most people who know what they're doing suggest now for GBA, much better sound by the way) based, which means if you're still having problems it's not an android issue and should be on PCs as well as they're right on the same mark as them. Your emulation playing will thank you in general anyway if your device is fast enough.

@Ash which is exactly why people are shifting away from old, outdated PSP emulators as their base for applications. I for one find playing portable emulators a bit more rewarding on a portable thingy.

Now that aside... it may very well be a gpsp-only bug, but I have no idea why such a thing would be. o.O
None of those emulators are compatible with my phone :( . It's weird because I could've sworn that the berries and time based events were working a few patches ago.

alienhunterx
June 5th, 2013, 10:21 PM
What's weird about it? It looks pretty dark.
That is why I don't like it. Take LC title screen for example. How beautiful. I just suggested him to make Suicune appear more real that is all

None of those emulators are compatible with my phone :( . It's weird because I could've sworn that the berries and time based events were working a few patches ago.
Then try Vbag for instance. It is the best after VBA I guarantee you for that. Problem is it is for Nokia Symbians...

chaosrules
June 6th, 2013, 03:43 AM

This isn't really the right place, but do you know if saves and save states from Gameboid will work on GBA.emu?

Projectwolfie
June 6th, 2013, 05:22 AM
This isn't really the right place, but do you know if saves and save states from Gameboid will work on GBA.emu?
It should work, mine migrated okay. Just make sure they're all matching names and whatnot. One minor thing to keep in mind is that there's one flaw to the emulator: GBA.emu doesn't have a savetype selection menu yet, but it's coming later and that only effected one hack I play. It autodetects for every game I throw at it just as fine as the PC version, just remember that if there's a hack that requires you to do it on VBA you're in savestate land for a while.

None of those emulators are compatible with my phoneThat can unfortunately happen. :/

You can "sideload" Retroarch just fine (it's free, they actually provide alt. links to download in their own forums), you can try it but something tells me that you might not have the power in your phone to run it so you should probably stick with MyBoy (it's better than Gameboid, pretty much just that but upgraded with sound fixes and other improvements. You won't even miss anything if you have the free version.)

Repartee
June 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM
A bit off topic, but My Boy! has added LINK SUPPORT!!!!! My physics class is going to turn into a pokemon tournament now!!

diegoisawesome
June 9th, 2013, 07:51 AM
...Looks weird? How exactly? It's trying to look like the Emerald title screen with a dark Rayquaza.
@diego:
that is fine, the updates are nice i've just checked.

the change is subtle for the walking animation but i see the positioning of the hands on the girl is different, i've also seen the running animation is fixed now too, thanks! =) and thanks for fixing the map.
Glad to fix the reported bugs!

I've encountered the berry bug myself, but only when playing on my phone or whatnot. This makes it hard to debug, but I'll try to see what happened.
That wouldn't work, seeing as Sudowoodo is a sprite and headbutt trees are tiles. But thanks for suggesting it anyways.
I honestly can't think of anything I've changed recently that would cause this.
That's why people should only play hacks on PCs... Portable platforms won't ever have the best support possible...
Well, I still want to play on a flashcart, even though that has literally zero support from its manufacturers. That doesn't mean I should only play on a PC; it only means I have to deal with whatever issues I might find on my own. (I know it's not a phone but it's the same thing as what you mentioned)

It's really odd because the issue persists even onto VBA-M-based emulators.
That is why I don't like it. Take LC title screen for example. How beautiful. I just suggested him to make Suicune appear more real that is all

Then try Vbag for instance. It is the best after VBA I guarantee you for that. Problem is it is for Nokia Symbians...
If I was better at making completely custom stuff, I would want to make a Suicune running through a scrolling background. but since I can't, I just opted for a Suicune-based background looking like the Emerald one.

alienhunterx
June 9th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Great to see you replied as always... OK I will not further demand about that Title Screen so Peace !!!

Projectwolfie
June 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
It's really odd because the issue persists even onto VBA-M-based emulators.
What. I... that's weird. Maybe it has to do with how emulators do the RTC on mobile? Just taking a shot in the dark.

diegoisawesome
June 10th, 2013, 09:17 PM
What. I... that's weird. Maybe it has to do with how emulators do the RTC on mobile? Just taking a shot in the dark.
Yeah, I ended up finding out what it was: there's a flag that's set when you set the clock that was being reset when the Oak intro sequence was done. I moved where that flag was set and it works fine now. Oh, and it was sporadic about whether the glitch would occur or not: it happened half the time on VBA on my PC too. But only when starting a new game.

To everyone with the day of the week glitch: Download today's patch from the first post, then restart your games (as in, make a new save with New Game). Daily events should start working as they should again!

Hound of Justice
June 11th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Yeah, I ended up finding out what it was: there's a flag that's set when you set the clock that was being reset when the Oak intro sequence was done. I moved where that flag was set and it works fine now. Oh, and it was sporadic about whether the glitch would occur or not: it happened half the time on VBA on my PC too. But only when starting a new game.

To everyone with the day of the week glitch: Download today's patch from the first post, then restart your games (as in, make a new save with New Game). Daily events should start working as they should again!

Thank you i will download the latest patch glad that this bug is finally fixed

Offtopic :
Wow MyBoy Emulator can link now and soon there will be wi-fi and bluetooth link to anyone who uses Android emus go get this emulator!

chaos_envoys
June 11th, 2013, 05:55 PM
@diegoisawesome How to download today's patch? First post only link to your website..

diegoisawesome
June 11th, 2013, 06:10 PM
@diegoisawesome How to download today's patch? First post only link to your website..
That would be the correct link. My website always has the link to the latest patch.

alienhunterx
June 11th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Besides Diego has a unique habit of luring people to see his website . He usually links there of his all projects...{XD}

Hound of Justice
June 12th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Because his projects are hosted on his site duh

Repartee
June 12th, 2013, 08:37 PM
So we have to start a new game, that sucks... goodbye typhlosion D:

Jericho21
June 17th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Just curious, is this game finished? As in both regions and you get to battle Trainer Red?

alienhunterx
June 17th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Just curious, is this game finished? As in both regions and you get to battle Trainer Red?
No, the hack is still at that point when you beat Lance in the Elite Four matches. But rest assure because Diego is working on to complete Kanto region also

AF13unown
June 22nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
I have question, how about legendary pkmn quest (like celebi, ho-oh, lugia)
whether it will be added in the next beta ?

Sorry for my bad english :)

Joseph17Prophet
July 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM
So while i was battling the first firebreather trainer in union cave I got distracted and when went back to playing the game I thought I was battling a wild pokemon and tried to catch but right as the game said that I used a pokeball it froze. On an unrelated note, this game is awesome! I cant wait for the next update.

Hound of Justice
July 7th, 2013, 10:07 AM

Sorry for my bad english :)

Legendaries will have their story in future betas xD

@Joseph17Prophet
I guess this is a bug and game freezes if you try to catch anothers trainer pokemon or a once in a time only random freeze if you want save game and try to catch another trainers pokemon and see if the game freezes or not

Joseph17Prophet
July 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Legendaries will have their story in future betas xD

@Joseph17Prophet
I guess this is a bug and game freezes if you try to catch anothers trainer pokemon or a once in a time only random freeze if you want save game and try to catch another trainers pokemon and see if the game freezes or not
Well i took your advice and tried to replicate the glitch, it wasn't hard. I tried to catch the zubat of the red haired girl rocket in slowpoke well and the game froze again. I wonder what causes a freeze like this?

pokemon_geek_24
July 7th, 2013, 05:45 PM
is there going to be a beta 3

Joseph17Prophet
July 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Is the basement level of the Goldenrod City Dept. Store working properly?

diegoisawesome
July 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM
So we have to start a new game, that sucks... goodbye typhlosion D:
Yeah, sorry about that.

Sorry for my bad english http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/smilies/cerulean/1.%20smile.gif
The legendary quests will be added in the future.
So while i was battling the first firebreather trainer in union cave I got distracted and when went back to playing the game I thought I was battling a wild pokemon and tried to catch but right as the game said that I used a pokeball it froze. On an unrelated note, this game is awesome! I cant wait for the next update.

Well i took your advice and tried to replicate the glitch, it wasn't hard. I tried to catch the zubat of the red haired girl rocket in slowpoke well and the game froze again. I wonder what causes a freeze like this?
I've fixed this in today's update. I accidentally broke this when writing my Poké Ball extension hack. Sorry!
Download the newest version from my site as usual.
It should be. Why do you ask?

Hound of Justice
July 8th, 2013, 01:53 AM

Last time i checked everything was working fine there xD

@Diego

Pokeball extension hack? :D

Joseph17Prophet
July 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Yeah, sorry about that.

The legendary quests will be added in the future.

I've fixed this in today's update. I accidentally broke this when writing my Poké Ball extension hack. Sorry!
Download the newest version from my site as usual.

It should be. Why do you ask?
Im trying to get the boxes to move. Bulbapedia says you just go to a new area and come back and the boxes will have rearranged. Is that nit the case for this hack or am I missing something?

Never mind. It seems to work after the patch =P

diegoisawesome
July 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Pokeball extension hack? :D
Yeah, the one I made a while back for the Apricorn Balls.
Im trying to get the boxes to move. Bulbapedia says you just go to a new area and come back and the boxes will have rearranged. Is that nit the case for this hack or am I missing something?

Never mind. It seems to work after the patch =P
I didn.t change anything about the basement in the latest patch. I made it like in Crystal, where every time you took the elevator, it would change the boxes. If you only stepped into the elevator then back out, it wouldn't trigger (like in Crystal).

Joseph17Prophet
July 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I know, I went to another floor then went back. But if you didnt change anything then it must have been a unique glitch (maybe if i had reloaded my rom and tried again before patching it would still have worked). Also there is usually a guy in the Underground tunnel who will sell you stuff for cheap prices on monday mornings. Has he not been added yet?

anhlong1122
July 9th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Can I get pokemon that require trading in this hack?

Joseph17Prophet
July 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM

Yes, it says that in the first post.

anhlong1122
July 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
I have read that #1 post for 3 times and can't see anything about that.

diegoisawesome
July 10th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I know, I went to another floor then went back. But if you didnt change anything then it must have been a unique glitch (maybe if i had reloaded my rom and tried again before patching it would still have worked). Also there is usually a guy in the Underground tunnel who will sell you stuff for cheap prices on monday mornings. Has he not been added yet?
It was probably that the random number generator kept generating the same number every time (I've had that happen to me for six consecutive tries). And that guy, as well as the other salespeople down there, haven't been added yet.
It actually doesn't say that in the first post, but yes, you can get the trade evolution Pokémon without trading.

Phoenixdown0
July 10th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Once fully finished I am sure I'll be playing this hack

Жека
July 11th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Any possibility of custom intro video? Some guy has created a way and has a tutorial on these forums. I would love to see a custom intro!

Hound of Justice
July 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Any possibility of custom intro video? Some guy has created a way and has a tutorial on these forums. I would love to see a custom intro!

That would be great i like how the emeralds intro was changed but a custom made intro would be better in my opinion

Joseph17Prophet
July 12th, 2013, 11:22 PM

I'm sorry, I have no idea what made me think it was.

anhlong1122
July 13th, 2013, 08:28 AM
It was probably that the random number generator kept generating the same number every time (I've had that happen to me for six consecutive tries). And that guy, as well as the other salespeople down there, haven't been added yet.

It actually doesn't say that in the first post, but yes, you can get the trade evolution Pokémon without trading.
thanks men
Btw, what is left after the credit roll? I can't go to Kanto.

Hound of Justice
July 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM
thanks men
Btw, what is left after the credit roll? I can't go to Kanto.

Beta 2 ends after u become the johto champion

Mr.Kane
July 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM

What would you say makes this a better option for me to play rather than Liquid Crystal?

Joseph17Prophet
July 14th, 2013, 06:36 PM
What would you say makes this a better option for me to play rather than Liquid Crystal?

that depends on what you are looking for. Liquid Crystal is almost done (if not already, I havent checked in a while) and also has a bit more story added, some new characters, new areas, and and different diculty level. Crystal Dust stops after you defeat the elite four with just some catchable pokmon missing (night, some legendaries, and 3rd gen) but it is as close to a direct gba remake of crystal you will ever get. I felt I was a kid again playing pokemon for the first time. Also deigoisawesome is very active for a rom hacker and has so far been really dedicated to his work (which is a rare feature when it comes to rom hackers becuase a lot just quite after a few betas). The beta on his website get with bug fixs when he finds them and he is currently wirking on kanto region.

Projectwolfie
July 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Actually Liquid Crystal is on Haitus last I checked, but that's beside the point. Here's why I prefer CD:
>Less bugs
>Story stays true to the original, no extra plot and what's added after Red will probably be avoidable.
>Bug Catching.
>Emerald advantage is used very well.
They're both great, but that's about the gist.

Charizardguy
July 22nd, 2013, 05:46 AM
Is there a way to go past Lance? I saved my game before fighting him but when my game restarts it loads an older save.

Projectwolfie
July 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
The game ends at Lance currently. :P

Spark
July 23rd, 2013, 05:54 AM
Great remake! :3
I really like how you use FireRed tiles in Emerald!
Best of luck, I'm looking forward for updates.

• Spark

Hacker Bisharp
July 30th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I don't know if this is normal but i found wild Pokèmon here:
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5763/lqxx.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/lqxx.png/)

alienhunterx
July 30th, 2013, 10:36 PM
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5763/lqxx.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/lqxx.png/)
Where is your sprite??? I am not seeing it anywhere ;). Is it behind that tower?

Hacker Bisharp
July 30th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Where is your sprite??? I am not seeing it anywhere ;). Is it behind that tower?
Yes, i am behind the tower XD

shamus24
July 31st, 2013, 01:37 AM
i love how faithful this feels to the original games, while still being inventive and fun to play. the phone card/pokegear graphics give me a huge feeling of nostalgia that hg/ss didn't quite manage to capture :)

RIAD99
July 31st, 2013, 03:03 AM
good luck with the game
i will donwload it when the next beta is released

Hacker Bisharp
August 1st, 2013, 05:30 AM
I Think i've found other little errors
http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/689/znlc.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/znlc.png/)http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/843/99un.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/99un.png/)
I can not go under

diegoisawesome
August 2nd, 2013, 09:12 PM
Once fully finished I am sure I'll be playing this hack
Okay, but there's an entire region to explore right now!

That would be great i like how the emeralds intro was changed but a custom made intro would be better in my opinion
The code for custom intros hasn't gotten advanced to the point where something like that would be feasible.

that depends on what you are looking for. Liquid Crystal is almost done (if not already, I havent checked in a while) and also has a bit more story added, some new characters, new areas, and and different diculty level. Crystal Dust stops after you defeat the elite four with just some catchable pokmon missing (night, some legendaries, and 3rd gen) but it is as close to a direct gba remake of crystal you will ever get. I felt I was a kid again playing pokemon for the first time. Also deigoisawesome is very active for a rom hacker and has so far been really dedicated to his work (which is a rare feature when it comes to rom hackers becuase a lot just quite after a few betas). The beta on his website get with bug fixs when he finds them and he is currently wirking on kanto region.
I'd agree with all of Joseph17Prophet's post, except for the statement that I'm working on the Kanto region. I'm actually working on my other hack at the moment.
Is there a way to go past Lance? I saved my game before fighting him but when my game restarts it loads an older save.
I don't know why it would load an earlier save, but the game ends just past Lance, so you're not missing out on much.
Great remake! :3
I really like how you use FireRed tiles in Emerald!
Best of luck, I'm looking forward for updates.

• Spark
Thanks for the comment!
Thanks, I fixed that in today's update.
i love how faithful this feels to the original games, while still being inventive and fun to play. the phone card/pokegear graphics give me a huge feeling of nostalgia that hg/ss didn't quite manage to capture http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/smilies/cerulean/1.%20smile.gif
Thanks for commenting!
good luck with the game
i will donwload it when the next beta is released
Do you mean full beta? If so, then you might have to wait a while.
I Think i've found other little errors
http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/689/znlc.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/znlc.png/)http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/843/99un.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/99un.png/)
I can not go under
Thanks, fixed in today's beta.

Speaking of today's beta...

New Update: The Graphical Tweak Update!
There's not much changed that REALLY affects gameplay, but a lot of things look a lot better now. Goldenrod's Dept. Store looks like an actual department store now, for example.
Download it, as always, from the link in the first post.

Жека
August 2nd, 2013, 11:02 PM
Can you post some pics of the new graphical updates?

diegoisawesome
August 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Can you post some pics of the new graphical updates?
Sure! Here's a few existing screenshots in which something was changed with this update:
http://o15.com/w/images/2/2f/CrystalDust_day.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/3/3d/CrystalDust_silverkick.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/3/34/CrystalDust_elmcall.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/9/91/CrystalDust_whitney.png
There's more graphical changes, but I think it's cooler to find those in-game for yourself!
Also, minor bugfix update today. It fixes one string of text and soft-resetting on hardware.

alienhunterx
August 5th, 2013, 12:00 AM
http://o15.com/w/images/3/3d/CrystalDust_silverkick.png
Wow I really like this screenie. Awesome jumping made by our character {XD}

AtecainCorp.
August 5th, 2013, 12:48 AM
DiegoIsAwensome? Can you explain me how are you add extra TOWN MAP to your game?

Жека
August 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Sure! Here's a few existing screenshots in which something was changed with this update:
http://o15.com/w/images/2/2f/CrystalDust_day.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/3/3d/CrystalDust_silverkick.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/3/34/CrystalDust_elmcall.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/9/91/CrystalDust_whitney.png
There's more graphical changes, but I think it's cooler to find those in-game for yourself!
Also, minor bugfix update today. It fixes one string of text and soft-resetting on hardware.
That lab looks really cool!

Hound of Justice
August 8th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Lol you can patch emerald with this hack in 1 minute with the slowest pc on earth and dont need to be a pc expert to patch

Helscreamz123
August 9th, 2013, 07:37 AM
question once a new beta is released how the hell will I repatch it? and will is still get my save game file? :/

Hound of Justice
August 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Download the beta from the same link always...
Patch to a clean rom...
Better start a new game when you play an updated version

diegoisawesome
August 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Wow I really like this screenie. Awesome jumping made by our character {XD}
Thanks!
DiegoIsAwensome? Can you explain me how are you add extra TOWN MAP to your game?
Mostly, plenty of ASM hacking.
That lab looks really cool!
Thanks!
question once a new beta is released how the hell will I repatch it? and will is still get my save game file? :/

Download the beta from the same link always...
Patch to a clean rom...
Better start a new game when you play an updated version
You don't have to start a new game EVERY time I release a minor update. It's only the major ones that add new content or fix some start-of-game bug that need to be started from the beginning.

Helscreamz123
August 9th, 2013, 05:48 PM
AWW WHY? BUT THE UGH should've waited for the orange islands to come out -_-

Hound of Justice
August 10th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Lol You need the usa rom of emerald dude im sure all the roms of this release on the whole internet are the same

And dont ask for roms here

rrps700
August 10th, 2013, 04:07 AM
you don't actuall need to patch over it on visualboy advance you can just play from the .gba if you have the .ips in the same folder with the same name it makes updating way easier

Satoshi Ookami
August 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM
im sure all the roms of this release on the whole internet are the same
For IPSs. Not for UPSs thanks to the checksums...

AlphaDrache
August 11th, 2013, 07:18 AM
This is the best second gen. remake I have ever seen!
More original and cleaner in mapping than other and cool asm stuff.
The FR style is also nice. The custom Gfx fits in perfectly.
Hopefully it will be finished sooner or later.

It seemed you are the only person who have managed to hack the glowing colour of rayquazas shilouette and the green colour when the Pokémon logo comes in.

Can you share the Offsets with us please?
That would be really cool for all Emerald hackers.
There are plenty other things you could add to your findings thread.

I read the hack would be very accurate to Crystal but will you add sevii islands and orange islands?
Sorry if someone ask that allready.

Good luck with this.

mikethepokemaster
August 11th, 2013, 01:20 PM
how do i evolve onix is it by happiness or by training him with metal coat attached please reply and thank you. :)

TheEXeS0r
August 11th, 2013, 11:55 PM
how do i evolve onix is it by happiness or by training him with metal coat attached please reply and thank you. :)

I think it evolves by training with metalcoat.

mikethepokemaster
August 12th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Thank you for information :)

alienhunterx
August 12th, 2013, 10:49 PM
The best place to save a hack before waiting for a new beta is the Pokecenter.

TheEXeS0r
August 13th, 2013, 02:19 AM

Isn't it better to save in your bed in the starting town??

AF13unown
August 14th, 2013, 01:20 AM
i started new game with latest patch
but after down stair in my room, i was teleported to lilicove city

i mean violet city not lilicove, hahaha...
and i dont get pokegear from my mom

All stair in goldenrod city dept. Store is error
stair in underground entrance is error
stair in radio tower is error

alienhunterx
August 14th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah that place is also great but considering the post the guy below made , I am in fear of saving it there lol

TotallyShweetAwesome
August 15th, 2013, 07:32 AM
I really love this hack so far :D

Unzenith
August 15th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Can you catch all the Pokémon in this game?

alienhunterx
August 15th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I do believe that all pokes upto 3rd generations (maybe some legendaries are exceptional) are available in this hack

Projectwolfie
August 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM
In the least, all games in GSC up to the end of the beta. Gen 3 pokemon are in the hack but they're much more rare than the default.

Frosty~
August 17th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted about this bug yet but oh well. After derping around a bit I went back into Burned Tower and the script for Silver and the legendary dogs restarted. I don't have a picture for Silver but for the dogs/Eusine:

cunkstar
August 17th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Badass hack so far man. I'm curious if you have a rough time frame for the beta 3 release?

Gigabyyyte
August 17th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Hi, diegoisawesome! I'm a HUGE fan of your work. Dude, many of us are waiting for Beta 3. Not to piss you off, but when will you start working on it again? :) Haha. And once you do get back on CrystalDust, I hope you can make some swarms or roaming legendaries like HGSS have. It's even better if you can have some sort of Celebi event, for that matter. ;)

diegoisawesome
August 21st, 2013, 04:35 PM
AWW WHY? BUT THE UGH should've waited for the orange islands to come out -_-
Think about it this way: if you'd waited for the Orange Islands, you'd be waiting for quite a while. This way, you get to play now.
This is the best second gen. remake I have ever seen!
More original and cleaner in mapping than other and cool asm stuff.
The FR style is also nice. The custom Gfx fits in perfectly.
Hopefully it will be finished sooner or later.

It seemed you are the only person who have managed to hack the glowing colour of rayquazas shilouette and the green colour when the Pokémon logo comes in.

Can you share the Offsets with us please?
That would be really cool for all Emerald hackers.
There are plenty other things you could add to your findings thread.

I read the hack would be very accurate to Crystal but will you add sevii islands and orange islands?
Sorry if someone ask that allready.

Good luck with this.
Thanks for the comments! In regards to the color modifications, I honestly don't feel too proud of the hacky method I used for Rayquaza's glow and am not planning to release it to the general public, and as for the color for when the Pokémon logo comes in, I don't remember that offset. And I'm only adding the Sevii Islands, not Orange Islands.

Both places aren't likely to be changed in upcoming updates, so it's up to you.
i started new game with latest patch
but after down stair in my room, i was teleported to lilicove city

i mean violet city not lilicove, hahaha...
and i dont get pokegear from my mom

All stair in goldenrod city dept. Store is error
stair in underground entrance is error
stair in radio tower is error
I have no clue what's up with your ROM, but everything works fine over here.
I really love this hack so far :D
Thanks!
Not all of them yet, but by the time it's done, you should be able to catch all Pokémon available in Emerald.
I do believe that all pokes upto 3rd generations (maybe some legendaries are exceptional) are available in this hack

In the least, all games in GSC up to the end of the beta. Gen 3 pokemon are in the hack but they're much more rare than the default.
You guys are both wrong. There are no Gen III Pokémon available except by evolutions if applicable.
I don't know if anyone has posted about this bug yet but oh well. After derping around a bit I went back into Burned Tower and the script for Silver and the legendary dogs restarted. I don't have a picture for Silver but for the dogs/Eusine:
I'll look into what causes this. I haven't had much time to hack recently since I've been up to my ears in real life stuff.
Badass hack so far man. I'm curious if you have a rough time frame for the beta 3 release?
Please don't ask for release dates. The one time I gave a date out, it was delayed by a week or two.
Hi, diegoisawesome! I'm a HUGE fan of your work. Dude, many of us are waiting for Beta 3. Not to piss you off, but when will you start working on it again? :) Haha. And once you do get back on CrystalDust, I hope you can make some swarms or roaming legendaries like HGSS have. It's even better if you can have some sort of Celebi event, for that matter. ;)
I've promised myself that I would work on Shining Opal until the next beta was released and not progress any on CrystalDust's story, and I'm going to keep that promise. Though I release periodic updates with new features and whatnot, I try to work on Shining Opal as much as I can.
And as for new legendary events, of course I'll have them in for Beta 3.

Now for an announcement. Coming soon to CrystalDust, an amazing creation by shiny quagsire:
GawzjtiBL8A
Available right after I sort out my IRL stuff.

patrick_20052005
August 21st, 2013, 05:33 PM
The new player's house and prof elm's lab look fantastic!

And that revamped crystal opening is stunning, I like the colors used in it, and that seismic toss effect on suicune and the unowns works perfect. :)

Some problems I've found during my play of the newest beta:
When i turn on the GB Player, there's no nostalgic sounds (mute background), when i go back to the original fr/lg sounds, the sounds do come back though.

edit:

also i'd like to know if this can be changed:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/pokedex_listing_zps79e56a44.png
I think the texts went past the margin (to be much near the orange borderlines of the dex entry), can this be adjusted so that they are centered only on the white space? :)

note that there are quite a lot of pokemon that have this, onix, and bellsprout to name a few, i haven't obtained much in my dex to distinguish each and every pokemon.

Hound of Justice
August 22nd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Whoa nice that new intro looks great!

@patrick_20052005

I believe that Diego said he will fix the text bug in Pokedex some time later

Жека
August 22nd, 2013, 05:14 PM
Think about it this way: if you'd waited for the Orange Islands, you'd be waiting for quite a while. This way, you get to play now.

Thanks for the comments! In regards to the color modifications, I honestly don't feel too proud of the hacky method I used for Rayquaza's glow and am not planning to release it to the general public, and as for the color for when the Pokémon logo comes in, I don't remember that offset. And I'm only adding the Sevii Islands, not Orange Islands.

Both places aren't likely to be changed in upcoming updates, so it's up to you.

I have no clue what's up with your ROM, but everything works fine over here.

Thanks!

Not all of them yet, but by the time it's done, you should be able to catch all Pokémon available in Emerald.

You guys are both wrong. There are no Gen III Pokémon available except by evolutions if applicable.

I'll look into what causes this. I haven't had much time to hack recently since I've been up to my ears in real life stuff.

Please don't ask for release dates. The one time I gave a date out, it was delayed by a week or two.

I've promised myself that I would work on Shining Opal until the next beta was released and not progress any on CrystalDust's story, and I'm going to keep that promise. Though I release periodic updates with new features and whatnot, I try to work on Shining Opal as much as I can.
And as for new legendary events, of course I'll have them in for Beta 3.

Now for an announcement. Coming soon to CrystalDust, an amazing creation by shiny quagsire:
GawzjtiBL8A
Available right after I sort out my IRL stuff.
I knew this would come after shiny_quagsire released his stuff. Good work S_Q!

alienhunterx
August 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
True but you can add those in this hack right?? Maybe some of them can be replaced with the unwanted ones

Frosty~
August 25th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I was wondering, even though this is supposed to be a "99%" accurate remake of Pokemon Crystal, are you going to input some aesthetic changes like the BW2 Repel System By Darthatron or mugshots with every battle or even Pokemon following you? But I love this hack, and I hope by the next beta I can still use my old save file.

chaos_envoys
August 26th, 2013, 02:40 AM
not compatible with my gpsphone.... the version after the eructeak gym fix is not supporting gpsphone i suppose... the game always shows white screen every time I launch it.. I really want to play this game on my iphone though...

ShuyaSen
August 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I've been trying to get the 2nd beta to work on my visual boy but whenever I load up the patch into my emerald and start the game, it just gives me a white screen.....Is there anything else I need to do when patching the beta on to my emerald or am I missing something?

Hound of Justice
August 27th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I've been trying to get the 2nd beta to work on my visual boy but whenever I load up the patch into my emerald and start the game, it just gives me a white screen.....Is there anything else I need to do when patching the beta on to my emerald or am I missing something?

Try setting the save file size to flash 128kb in the settings menu

jcfan4u
August 28th, 2013, 02:27 PM
GOODJOB! this honestly is one of the best roms i have ever played. i thank you so much for putting youre time into this but a few questions.....

1. where is wooper and mareep? it says belove dark cave but i searched for about a hour and no luck:/ i also looked where they usually are but still no luck

2. i thought dratini could b bought in the game corner?

CrystalMarina
August 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
It looks like I have another Crystal remake to play! It looks great from what I'm seeing so far. Keep up the good work!

alienhunterx
August 30th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Also if what ElitePokes says is not working, try another clean Emerald ROM and patch with it again

jcfan4u
August 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Sorry idk if im missing something but whenever i beat the elite four ive got no call from elm and when i call him or visit him he keeps talking about the egg and to tell him when it hatched....(it hatched awhile back and i visited him with togepi in the 1st slot yet he still asks about the EGG) please help me anyone

alienhunterx
August 31st, 2013, 12:25 AM
Sorry idk if im missing something but whenever i beat the elite four ive got no call from elm and when i call him or visit him he keeps talking about the egg and to tell him when it hatched....(it hatched awhile back and i visited him with togepi in the 1st slot yet he still asks about the EGG) please help me anyone
This could be because the older flag resets again and again here. Have you talked again with Prof to receive a Master Ball or Everstone earlier?

sereb
August 31st, 2013, 05:19 AM
Just registered to say that I am having a lot of fun playing CrystalDust :) even if not being able to catch Ledyba or Hoothoot makes me miss my favourite pokes ;)

I grew up with Red and an original gameboy but Silver/Crystal were the pokemon games that really struck a chord with me, so this is great to be able to replay it ~13 years later.

I also wanted to report that Elm doesn't acknowledge my Togepi hatched. Using VBA-M 1.8.0 and save states.

ShuyaSen
September 1st, 2013, 04:03 AM
@ElitePokes and @Alienhunterx, thanks you two for yur wonderful advice and I was able to solve that minor issue

AF13unown
September 2nd, 2013, 05:22 AM
is remoraid and qwilfish cacthable with good rod in this hack?

AtecainCorp.
September 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
I tuned this hack. And play it now on my NDS with SuperCardSD Device... Good work... I wait for Beta 3. If you need help ask me. Also if you want implement extra Pokemon to 27 empty space. I can help you with fully implement of Gogoat with riding function.

eXtremeDevil
September 4th, 2013, 01:26 AM
I don't know if this has been said before (I have not found anything) but I get a bug when I try to enter the Victory Road (the last trainer next to the door you cross where the policeman ask you about your badges is corrupted and I can never cross the door).

Is there any solution? Thanks!

AtecainCorp.
September 5th, 2013, 01:49 AM
I don't know if this has been said before (I have not found anything) but I get a bug when I try to enter the Victory Road (the last trainer next to the door you cross where the policeman ask you about your badges is corrupted and I can never cross the door).

I think that you have an problem with your rom. I do not have this problems in game. I do not reach Victory Road on NDS gameplay. But on PC I do not have this problem. I think that you have bad rom.

eXtremeDevil
September 5th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Can you send me your ROM so I can test it with my save and see if the error's gone?

Chaos Rush
September 5th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I've played through Olivine City so far, and I have to say good job. I'm impressed as to how you ported over many little details from FR/LG, such as the stair-climbing animation.

Here are just little quirks I wrote down as I was playing through:
-Congratulations on actually using a custom sprite for the mother. I'm tired of seeing G/S/C remakes that uses the FR/LG mom, even though in the original G/S/C, Red's mom and Gold's mom had different sprites. But anyways, good job :)

-Asking for daylight savings time is kinda stupid, and it's confusing to say yes or no. Why not just let us reset the time whenever we want? I know that you're trying to be as accurate to the original Crystal as possible, but asking for daylight savings time is just plain obsolete in today's age, where we can change the time of our smart phones whenever we want. Also this would allow flashcart users like me to play time-based events, such as the Bug Catching Contest.

-I hate the New Bark Town music you're using. I've heard it in so many G/S/C remakes. They're terrible remixes that hardly take advantage of the Sappy engine's capabilities. Although I saw that you mentioned earlier that it's being changed, so that's good.

-Elm's Lab remix is just plain terrible

-you should probably change the Emerald Match Call jingle to a remix of the PokeGear phone number jingle

-Loving the PokeGear graphic!

-G/S/C had different trees for Kanto and Johto, but you're just using the FR/LG tree, just like every other G/S/C remake :/ But you've acknowledged that in the past, so it's good to know that it will get changed by the final.

-Congratulations on actually having a regional dex instead of giving us the National Dex, that's the first I've seen in a G/S/C remake. Good job :)

-Can't stand the regular battle music either. I hear it too much, and it doesn't sound very FR/LG-ish, all I hear is that stupid electric guitar instrument.

-Should the PokeManiac really be using the male Cooltrainer OW sprite? Knowing you, it was probably intentional, but they have no resemblance to each other whatsoever.

-In the original G/S/C, PokeManiac Isaac (Goldenrod Tunnel) had a Lickitung that specifically knew the move Cut. I'm pretty sure it doesn't know Cut in your hack, might want to fix that for accuracy.

-Goldenrod City music is great

-The very beginning of the evolution music sounds wonky

-The Town Map poster graphic that's inside of many houses is exactly the same as FR/LG, which is wrong because the map depicts the shape of Kanto

-In the original G/S/C, Psychic Greg (Route 37) had a Drowzee that specifically knew the moves Hypnosis and Dream Eater, hence his dialogue. In CrystalDust, he just has a regular Drowzee, so I would fix that just for accuracy.

-In the Burned Tower, would it really have been that hard to make the beasts actually jump around, instead of... "fly" around? It just looks really unprofessional.

-You really shouldn't be using the FR/LG Channler sprite for the Medium Trainer class, because they are two separate, distinct Trainer classes

-I encountered a wild Tentacool by WALKING behind the lighthouse

-unchanged 8-bit GBC tiles in the lighthouse... this is a joke, right? -_- Those 16-bit staircases look really out of place here.

I'll play through up to the Elite Four whenever I have time. This hack is a great Crystal remake, the only problems I have with it are problems I had with the original G/S/C, so from a 100%-nostalgic-remake point-of-view, I have to say this hack is definitely one of the more-polished hacks that I've played. I love how it doesn't feel like I'm playing a noob hack, it feels like I'm actually playing a Pokémon game. I'll definitely be looking forward to the next release!

leshaloh
September 6th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I guess, I have some sort of bug: after obtaining the badge in Goldenrod, I went to National Park and Sudowoodo tree, but when I tried to go back for squirtbottle, Rockets were everywhere. They block my path to the flower shop, and I can't get to the third floor of Radio Tower to obtain Basement Key and proceed with Rocket's quest (originally it must appear after 7th gym or something like that, after phone call, and no one should block my way to the 3rd floor in that case).

Hound of Justice
September 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I played again to check the graphics update, i like the new elms lab and Goldenrod looks even better now :)

2 bugs that i found with My Boy Emu 1.5.10:

* The guy who gives miracle seed is bugged he gives me infinity seeds IF I TALK to him when i face him from ABOVE

* After Togepi hatches if i call elm or visit him nothing happens he just saying to call him if the egg changes

Note that i was using speed up from the emulators menu so that could cause those if you have free time you could check those issues

Btw if you add Mikachu could you add some pokes from next Gens just for the fun after main story is over?
For example add Giratina, Arceus, Kyu, Reshiram and other legendaries in a event or some story that teleports the player to another region where in a small hidden area you can fight those pokes xD
Or portals to enter another dimension to catch giratina or dialga and palkia or some thing like that
I think im asking for a lot :D

CoolTrainer_J
September 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Awesome, I can't wait till I get a beta for my hack I am making.... won't let me post the screenshots until I have 15 posts and won't let me post my hack until I have four screenshots...

So bothersome the rules are sometimes right?

Hound of Justice
September 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Erm what why when who how

Raiou435
September 14th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Not sure if something is wrong with the phone card but I can't register other trainers only mom, Elm and Youngster Joey.

Hound of Justice
September 14th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Phone Card aint working properly now i think it will be available in the future if the creator of this hack manages to make it it work somehow similar to Crystal

Hound of Justice
September 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I never asked this before does this hack supports linking, i tried to trade starters from crystaldust to another crystaldust but i got a connection error with my boy emulator by using local link (to connect 2 roms with the same device)

I contacted the devs of my boy and they told me this hack doesnt support link...

I tried with 2 emerald games and traded fine...

lit000
September 17th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Is this an ACCURATE REMAKE?
And the beta will go until..?

I mean...
Is this an original (just graphically-GBA'd) carbon copy of pokemon crystal?
And "some parts of kanto" is an unclear explanation of how far can I go.

Jet Pilot
September 17th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Wow thanks! It feels like I'm playing Heart Gold on my iPod 4 kind of :P. I don't have my laptop right now so this is a good replacement, good job!

Hound of Justice
September 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Yes this has to be the most accurate remake on the whole internet

Only Parts of Kanto are the Poke League and victory road

Beta 3 will probably have all Kanto or most of it
And after Kanto is completed there will be a 3rd map of Sevii Islands with extra post GSC events such as legendary pokes and 3rd gen pokes and unique events

Btw this hack got a Bug Catching contest, apricorns, headbutt trees and other unique features and its very stable and professional looking :)

Even a custom intro is coming in future update xD

stasis1
September 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
is it possible to get all pokemon in this hack?

Hound of Justice
September 20th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Not you cant get all yet i think you will be able too in the final betas

Mew
September 22nd, 2013, 07:58 AM
This or this? (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=242023)

(Or Shiny Gold, or stick with my SoulSilver?)

memorymewza
September 22nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
thx u i like this very much

Projectwolfie
September 22nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
This or this? (http://http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=242023)

Or Shiny Gold, or stick with SoulSilver??

psst, Diego! thank for Mikachu in sig banner
Actually, Shiny Gold is surpassed by both Crystal hacks on this board. Not to be mean or anything, it just is. Also since they're both planned to be finished... well yeah. ShinyGold X is still fun though. :P

It's actually your choice. CrystalDust personally I am bias to because it provides a MUCH more faithful rendition of Crystal than LC. LC isn't bad at all, but the idea behind that is pretty much a demake of HGSS with plot that you'll either love or hate (and I... don't like the new plots thrown in. Not my cup of tea.).

So it's pretty much your preference. I'd play both, they're both well put together items that are among the best here on PC.

There's also a Crystal: Emu Edition by Locksmitharmy running around Romhacking.net that's pretty much exactly Crystal with everything catchable. More decisions, yay!

Satoshi Ookami
September 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
Actually, Shiny Gold is surpassed by both Crystal hacks on this board. Not to be mean or anything, it just is. Also since they're both planned to be finished... well yeah.
Because both came after Shiny Gold ;) Shiny Gold's popularity is mainly because Zel started the remake wave with SG being the first remake ;)

Hound of Justice
September 23rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
I like CD more because well its Stable and professional looking...
Only Johto is available which makes this hack a bit small but just look at this Johto
So many cool small or big scripts that make this hack unique and it stays close to the original
And updates only even if they are small add more cool things that bring this hack closer to perfection
And its base is Emerald do i need to say more? xD

Lots of hacks look better than CrystalDust but idk the scripting is just poor and unprofessional looking
No offence just telling my opinion

Edit:

And lol idk about ShinyGold i wasnt into hacks back then i tried to play on GameBoid but the hack crashed every time i pressed Start so i deleted it :D
Maybe if Zel would update this hack it could be better than both cd and liquid crystal :D

Hound of Justice
September 24th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Btw if you add 4th gen legendaries in the extra spots you could use ows of light platinum if Wesley allows u to use them

Edit

Which rom did you use to make this hack there is a trm release and another from coolrom they are both usa but different not all hacks work on the trm release
Just wondering and i always used trm for this hack but i noticed that i can patch the other rom too so i wonder if theres a difference

Shangahyando
September 24th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Got a question. How do I evolve pokemon that require trade to do so? Do I have to open vba link something thingy and trade them in both sides or you have added another way to evolve? And if you hopefully did, what is it?
Sorries for bad English.

Andrew13112001
September 25th, 2013, 02:59 AM
I have a major problem.I am at Ecruteak City,I battled my rival,and I fall down.Then after the legendary beast left,I talked to Eusine.Then,he got to the place where it was supposed to be a ladder.Then,I needed myself to go back up to...but there is no ladder .-. .I checked on Youtube,and there was a ladder...but on my game,it's nowhere.I can't play anymore this amazing hack :(((((
HELP PLEASE!

Orifiel
September 25th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Do you have the latest version of the game?

AF13unown
September 25th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Got a question. How do I evolve pokemon that require trade to do so? Do I have to open vba link something thingy and trade them in both sides or you have added another way to evolve? And if you hopefully did, what is it?
Sorries for bad English.

Graveler → Golem: lv38
Machoke → Machamp: lv39
Kadabra → Alakazam: level up with high happiness(day)
Haunter → Gengar: level up with high happiness(night)
Scyther → Scizor: level up holding Metal Coat
Onix → Steelix: level up holding Metal Coat
Poliwhirl → Politoed: level up holding King's Rock
Slowpoke → Slowking: level up holding King's Rock
Porygon → Porygon2: level up holding Upgrade
Seadra → Kingdra: level up holding Dragon Scale

Shangahyando
September 25th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Graveler → Golem: lv38
Machoke → Machamp: lv39
Kadabra → Alakazam: level up with high happiness(day)
Haunter → Gengar: level up with high happiness(night)
Scyther → Scizor: level up holding Metal Coat
Onix → Steelix: level up holding Metal Coat
Poliwhirl → Politoed: level up holding King's Rock
Slowpoke → Slowking: level up holding King's Rock
Porygon → Porygon2: level up holding Upgrade
Seadra → Kingdra: level up holding Dragon Scale
Thank you! I like it how they have to hold specific item and level up instead of being trade, haven't seen it in any other hack.

Hound of Justice
September 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Andrew i got past that event on the latest version of this hack you must have a bad emu or old version of the hack

TheAmazingSpiderMan
September 27th, 2013, 03:41 AM
from where i can download this ??

Hound of Justice
September 27th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Check the first post and try to find the link *facepalm+

Misledangel
September 28th, 2013, 10:32 AM
no physical/special split :(

TheEXeS0r
September 28th, 2013, 03:27 PM
this is not based of firered, so there is no patch for it

AntiRellik1
September 28th, 2013, 04:37 PM
This hack is great. How the heck did you manage to get the clock set up immediately after pressing new game? I also want to know how you managed to get it to warp you to your room immediately (removing the ugly truck scene). I'm guessing they're ASM hacks.

Misledangel
September 29th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Oh yeah i almost forgot about that anyways looking forward to this :)

Ngon
October 2nd, 2013, 06:57 AM
This hack looks amazing, but I can't seem to get it to work. If I extract the rom from the zip file (which I tried as a last resort) I just get a white screen. If I try running the .zip file of it, it says it's an unsupported file type. I tried changing the save type to 128k as well. It didn't work. Personally, I've never played a rom hack before, so pardon me if I sound like a noob, lol.

Hound of Justice
October 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Get a emerald rom from the internet and use lunar ips to patch the CrystalDust.ips file to the emerald rom

Ngon
October 2nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
I've tried roms from two sites but I get the same result. That result being that VBA says it's an unsupported file type.

Satoshi Ookami
October 3rd, 2013, 12:50 AM
I've tried roms from two sites but I get the same result That result being that VBA says it's an unsupported file type.
Two ROMs are never enough in Emerald hacks. You should try more and more different ones.

Hound of Justice
October 3rd, 2013, 03:41 AM
They are enough because most sites host the same rom release xD
And the roms you used are different but they both work with this hack i tried both

Hey Diego i wonder if there will be a Valve Easter Egg in this hack xD

Ngon
October 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Which brings me back to square 1. :P

Ngon
October 5th, 2013, 06:42 AM
That's probably the problem. I was using the original VBA.

EDIT: So how is it as far as gameshark codes? After I beat this I wanna be able to go through it the 2nd time with cheats.

Hound of Justice
October 5th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I dont know you can try to use a cheat from Emerald usa version maybe it will work

Ngon
October 5th, 2013, 08:14 AM
They don't seem to work. I guess with all the changes none of the values match. Oh well. :P

Hound of Justice
October 5th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Hehe enjoy a cheat free game then xD

Shangahyando
October 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Does the author even come here?

Ngon
October 5th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Hehe enjoy a cheat free game then xD

I most certainly am. :D Love this hack!

Hound of Justice
October 6th, 2013, 01:11 AM

Check his activity smartass

Misledangel
October 6th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Waiting for it to be done :3 havent ever played generation 2 :3

Mew
October 6th, 2013, 07:48 AM
CrystalDust... How big file size is the zip file for the ips?

Projectwolfie
October 11th, 2013, 11:47 AM
There's a patch for all versions. The reason why PSS isn't in this is because this hack is meant to be a faithful recreation of Crystal.
Honestly... I've never seen a hack as a great way to start playing anything.
Unless if it's extremely minor and specifically just for playing the game without constraints like Crystal: Emu Edition
CrystalDust... How big file size is the zip file for the ips?
It's not in zip file when downloading it from his site, and it's 1.9 MBs.

diegoisawesome
October 14th, 2013, 12:36 AM
It's been a while, hasn't it? Blame my desire to not post until the current update is ready.
But... here it is!
The new player's house and prof elm's lab look fantastic!

And that revamped crystal opening is stunning, I like the colors used in it, and that seismic toss effect on suicune and the unowns works perfect. :)

Some problems I've found during my play of the newest beta:
When i turn on the GB Player, there's no nostalgic sounds (mute background), when i go back to the original fr/lg sounds, the sounds do come back though.

edit:

also i'd like to know if this can be changed:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/blue_orangepatrick2006/pokedex_listing_zps79e56a44.png
I think the texts went past the margin (to be much near the orange borderlines of the dex entry), can this be adjusted so that they are centered only on the white space? :)

note that there are quite a lot of pokemon that have this, onix, and bellsprout to name a few, i haven't obtained much in my dex to distinguish each and every pokemon.
Thanks for the comments!
I've never had that issue with the GB Player myself. And the Pokédex is still very much WIP.
Whoa nice that new intro looks great!

@patrick_20052005

I believe that Diego said he will fix the text bug in Pokedex some time later
Thanks for the post!
I knew this would come after shiny_quagsire released his stuff. Good work S_Q!
Yeah, he rocks! I love the new intro!
True but you can add those in this hack right?? Maybe some of them can be replaced with the unwanted ones
They're still programmed in, I just haven't given them any locations in the ROM yet.
I was wondering, even though this is supposed to be a "99%" accurate remake of Pokemon Crystal, are you going to input some aesthetic changes like the BW2 Repel System By Darthatron or mugshots with every battle or even Pokemon following you? But I love this hack, and I hope by the next beta I can still use my old save file.
I'm not planning on adding anything in like that, sorry.
And for Beta 3, you most likely will not be able to keep your old save.
GOODJOB! this honestly is one of the best roms i have ever played. i thank you so much for putting youre time into this but a few questions.....

1. where is wooper and mareep? it says belove dark cave but i searched for about a hour and no luck:/ i also looked where they usually are but still no luck

2. i thought dratini could b bought in the game corner?
1. Union Cave for Wooper, and Mareep isn't available in CD yet.
2. No, that's in Gold and Silver, not Crystal.
It looks like I have another Crystal remake to play! It looks great from what I'm seeing so far. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the praise!
This bug has finally been fixed in today's beta, but if you've already gotten the Togepi egg, you're kind of out of luck. If you really REALLY want that Everstone, you'll need to restart the game.
Just registered to say that I am having a lot of fun playing CrystalDust :) even if not being able to catch Ledyba or Hoothoot makes me miss my favourite pokes ;)

I grew up with Red and an original gameboy but Silver/Crystal were the pokemon games that really struck a chord with me, so this is great to be able to replay it ~13 years later.
Thanks for the comment!
is remoraid and qwilfish cacthable with good rod in this hack?
Depends on if you can catch them in Crystal or not.
I tuned this hack. And play it now on my NDS with SuperCardSD Device... Good work... I wait for Beta 3. If you need help ask me. Also if you want implement extra Pokemon to 27 empty space. I can help you with fully implement of Gogoat with riding function.
I highly doubt I'll need to implement a Gogoat riding function into a 2nd gen remake, but thanks anyways.

It sounds like the game glitched up your rival's name for some reason. Not sure what to do about that besides have you send me your save.
I've played through Olivine City so far, and I have to say good job. I'm impressed as to how you ported over many little details from FR/LG, such as the stair-climbing animation.

Here are just little quirks I wrote down as I was playing through:
-Congratulations on actually using a custom sprite for the mother. I'm tired of seeing G/S/C remakes that uses the FR/LG mom, even though in the original G/S/C, Red's mom and Gold's mom had different sprites. But anyways, good job :) Thanks!

-Asking for daylight savings time is kinda stupid, and it's confusing to say yes or no. Why not just let us reset the time whenever we want? I know that you're trying to be as accurate to the original Crystal as possible, but asking for daylight savings time is just plain obsolete in today's age, where we can change the time of our smart phones whenever we want. Also this would allow flashcart users like me to play time-based events, such as the Bug Catching Contest. I ask for DST for those few users that have an RTC-enabled flash cart. I always want maximum compatibility for all users.

-I hate the New Bark Town music you're using. I've heard it in so many G/S/C remakes. They're terrible remixes that hardly take advantage of the Sappy engine's capabilities. Although I saw that you mentioned earlier that it's being changed, so that's good. Yeah, I hate most of the clonex25 music in the hack too. That's what I have tonti for now!

-Elm's Lab remix is just plain terrible Yep.

-you should probably change the Emerald Match Call jingle to a remix of the PokeGear phone number jingle On tonti's To Do list.

-Loving the PokeGear graphic! Thank blase005 for that!

-G/S/C had different trees for Kanto and Johto, but you're just using the FR/LG tree, just like every other G/S/C remake :/ But you've acknowledged that in the past, so it's good to know that it will get changed by the final. In regards to the trees you sent me, I'm holding off on inserting them because they weren't quite to my liking.

-Congratulations on actually having a regional dex instead of giving us the National Dex, that's the first I've seen in a G/S/C remake. Good job :) Thanks!

-Can't stand the regular battle music either. I hear it too much, and it doesn't sound very FR/LG-ish, all I hear is that stupid electric guitar instrument. Yeah, something else tonti needs to get on.

-Should the PokeManiac really be using the male Cooltrainer OW sprite? Knowing you, it was probably intentional, but they have no resemblance to each other whatsoever. I have no OW spriter, so I make do with what I have.

-In the original G/S/C, PokeManiac Isaac (Goldenrod Tunnel) had a Lickitung that specifically knew the move Cut. I'm pretty sure it doesn't know Cut in your hack, might want to fix that for accuracy. Fixed. But I'm not entirely sure that his moveset is correct (did it ONLY have Cut, because that's all I saw it use).

-Goldenrod City music is great Thank tonti!

-The very beginning of the evolution music sounds wonky Ehh, I think it sounds okay.

-The Town Map poster graphic that's inside of many houses is exactly the same as FR/LG, which is wrong because the map depicts the shape of Kanto No GFX designer. All people I have on graphics don't do it as their main thing.

-In the original G/S/C, Psychic Greg (Route 37) had a Drowzee that specifically knew the moves Hypnosis and Dream Eater, hence his dialogue. In CrystalDust, he just has a regular Drowzee, so I would fix that just for accuracy. Same issue with this guy too. Were those two its ONLY moves?

-In the Burned Tower, would it really have been that hard to make the beasts actually jump around, instead of... "fly" around? It just looks really unprofessional. No GFX creator.

-You really shouldn't be using the FR/LG Channler sprite for the Medium Trainer class, because they are two separate, distinct Trainer classes Fixed, finally.

-I encountered a wild Tentacool by WALKING behind the lighthouse Fixed.

-unchanged 8-bit GBC tiles in the lighthouse... this is a joke, right? -_- Those 16-bit staircases look really out of place here. No GFX designer; I made do with what I had.

I'll play through up to the Elite Four whenever I have time. This hack is a great Crystal remake, the only problems I have with it are problems I had with the original G/S/C, so from a 100%-nostalgic-remake point-of-view, I have to say this hack is definitely one of the more-polished hacks that I've played. I love how it doesn't feel like I'm playing a noob hack, it feels like I'm actually playing a Pokémon game. I'll definitely be looking forward to the next release!
Responses in bold as always. Thanks for your post!
I guess, I have some sort of bug: after obtaining the badge in Goldenrod, I went to National Park and Sudowoodo tree, but when I tried to go back for squirtbottle, Rockets were everywhere. They block my path to the flower shop, and I can't get to the third floor of Radio Tower to obtain Basement Key and proceed with Rocket's quest (originally it must appear after 7th gym or something like that, after phone call, and no one should block my way to the 3rd floor in that case).
I have no clue. That's never happened to anyone else here.
I played again to check the graphics update, i like the new elms lab and Goldenrod looks even better now :)

2 bugs that i found with My Boy Emu 1.5.10:

* The guy who gives miracle seed is bugged he gives me infinity seeds IF I TALK to him when i face him from ABOVE

* After Togepi hatches if i call elm or visit him nothing happens he just saying to call him if the egg changes

Note that i was using speed up from the emulators menu so that could cause those if you have free time you could check those issues

Btw if you add Mikachu could you add some pokes from next Gens just for the fun after main story is over?
For example add Giratina, Arceus, Kyu, Reshiram and other legendaries in a event or some story that teleports the player to another region where in a small hidden area you can fight those pokes xD
Or portals to enter another dimension to catch giratina or dialga and palkia or some thing like that
I think im asking for a lot :D
Both glitches have been fixed.
And you'll see what I have planned much, much later...
I never asked this before does this hack supports linking, i tried to trade starters from crystaldust to another crystaldust but i got a connection error with my boy emulator by using local link (to connect 2 roms with the same device)

I contacted the devs of my boy and they told me this hack doesnt support link...

I tried with 2 emerald games and traded fine...
It should support linking just fine. Heck, I tried it with physical hardware and it worked great.
Wow thanks! It feels like I'm playing Heart Gold on my iPod 4 kind of :P. I don't have my laptop right now so this is a good replacement, good job!
Thank you!
thx u i like this very much
Thank you!
Which rom did you use to make this hack there is a trm release and another from coolrom they are both usa but different not all hacks work on the trm release
Just wondering and i always used trm for this hack but i noticed that i can patch the other rom too so i wonder if theres a difference
I'm using a clean ROM ripped straight off my cartridge. No save patches, nothing.
I have a major problem.I am at Ecruteak City,I battled my rival,and I fall down.Then after the legendary beast left,I talked to Eusine.Then,he got to the place where it was supposed to be a ladder.Then,I needed myself to go back up to...but there is no ladder .-. .I checked on Youtube,and there was a ladder...but on my game,it's nowhere.I can't play anymore this amazing hack :(((((
HELP PLEASE!
I haven't had this issue, sorry.
Thank you! I like it how they have to hold specific item and level up instead of being trade, haven't seen it in any other hack.
Thanks!

There IS a patch for it, but I'm not inserting it into my faithful Crystal remake, sorry.
This hack is great. How the heck did you manage to get the clock set up immediately after pressing new game? I also want to know how you managed to get it to warp you to your room immediately (removing the ugly truck scene). I'm guessing they're ASM hacks.
Yep. Very frustrating to make but also very rewarding once they were done.
Oh yeah i almost forgot about that anyways looking forward to this :)
Great!
This hack looks amazing, but I can't seem to get it to work. If I extract the rom from the zip file (which I tried as a last resort) I just get a white screen. If I try running the .zip file of it, it says it's an unsupported file type. I tried changing the save type to 128k as well. It didn't work. Personally, I've never played a rom hack before, so pardon me if I sound like a noob, lol.
Hey Diego i wonder if there will be a Valve Easter Egg in this hack xD
Maybe not THIS hack.
So how is it as far as gameshark codes? After I beat this I wanna be able to go through it the 2nd time with cheats.
It really depends on the cheat. Some work and some don't. I just recommend not using them at all.
Yep.
I most certainly am. :D Love this hack!
Thanks!
You should play it now! It won't be done for quite some time!

Now that that's out of the way (phew), it's time for what you've all been waiting patiently for.
(also, new [really old but I just found it again] update CSS!)
[css-div="width:95%;border-color: #444;border-style: solid;border-width:3px;background-color: #CCC;padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;font-size: small;color: #555;text-shadow: #AAA 0px 0px 2px;"]Intro and Bag Update - 10/14/2013
http://o15.com/w/images/e/e0/CrystalDust_presents.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/0/02/CrystalDust_introunown.pnghttp://o15.com/w/images/3/30/CrystalDust_introsuicune.png
This has been a long time in the making, mainly because of the bag. The intro actually took shorter to make than the bag. Can you believe it?

Anyways, new features in this patch include:

A whole slew of bugfixes!
A COMPLETELY NEW INTRO, made by shiny quagsire!
The bag interface completely ported over from FireRed!
A new Youngster encounter theme from tonti!
A new sprite for the Medium!
And more? I think so, maybe.

Download it, as per usual, from the link in the first post!

Here's a video for people who want to watch the intro for themselves:
ze3wqAOeECA
[/css-div]

Lightracer
October 14th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Wow! This crystal remake is awesome! I can't wait for the next beta! You're AWESOME MAN!
Edit: Just a thought, maybe you should replace the boy battle sprite with something like in Shiny Gold. It would look more accurate.

Shufflejoy
October 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I found a minor bug in the status display of a Pokemon; some ability descriptions are cut off. I attached a screenshot of Totodile's status screen as an example.

Hound of Justice
October 14th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Finally a new update!
Looks great

Жека
October 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Good job! Getting closer to what the official version would have looked like :D

Hound of Justice
October 14th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Moxxie that was reported already and will be possibly fixed in final betas since its a small bug

I played up to the first Youngster battle, no bugs found and that new intro is so badass now you have 1 more thing that makes this hack unique xD

You even changed that rijon warning at the startup its so better now :D

And congrats for reaching 2MB on the ips file lol

Shufflejoy
October 14th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Moxxie that was reported already and will be possibly fixed in final betas since its a small bug

The one time I don't search the thread first... *facedesk* Thanks, good to know.

Repartee
October 14th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Awesome! Love the new intro!

Projectwolfie
October 16th, 2013, 08:55 AM
For the Drowzee: it's definitely not just Hypnosis and Dream Eater. I didn't even know it had those until my second playthrough. I'm pretty sure Confusion was one of it's moves.

ilikecomedians
October 17th, 2013, 04:39 AM
The radio function in the PokeGear isn't working for some reason. It says "The RADIO isn't done yet..." Also, when I enter the underground tunnel in GOLDENROD, the guy that gives your Pokemon' haircuts isn't there.

Shufflejoy
October 19th, 2013, 01:57 PM
The radio function in the PokeGear isn't working for some reason. It says "The RADIO isn't done yet..." Also, when I enter the underground tunnel in GOLDENROD, the guy that gives your Pokemon' haircuts isn't there.

Well, the radio obviously hasn't been completely implemented yet. It even tells you so when you select it.

I can't say for sure if that's the same reason the haircut guy isn't there, but it seems fairly likely.

Mew
October 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hey Diego, real fan of your hacks here! I thought up something neat for CrystalDust. You should put Mikachu as a hidden event in your CrystalDust! (Like Gary/Shining Opal playable character to give/trade to you) or under the truck with Strength.

Edit: I CALLED THE HACK L----- CRYSTAL!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL

Жека
October 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Hey Diego, real fan of your hacks here! I thought up something neat for CrystalDust. You should put Mikachu as a hidden event in your CrystalDust! (Like Gary/Shining Opal playable character to give/trade to you) or under the truck with Strength.

Edit: I CALLED THE HACK LIQUID CRYSTAL!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL
No, please no Fakemons. Would be cool to actualy get a secret event for the GS Ball or something. Make it really secretive, and hide it really good. No one must know! It should be so secretive, it will basically not even be there :D Trololololol

AtecainCorp.
October 24th, 2013, 09:17 AM
I notice an one bug. When i save with turned on GB PLAYER it freeze at DIEGOISAWENSOME PRESENTS screen. When i save with turned off GB PLAYER i do not have this failure. Meybe it was only failure of soft <I play your game on SUPERCARD SD> But is important failure.

BlueHax
October 24th, 2013, 08:35 PM
How do trade evolutions work. Are they done by leveling up as usual hacks work? Also how are they done. Thnx :).

BlueHax
October 25th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Glitch when you meet Sliver in burned tower. HELP PLEASE. The event just keeps repeating itself!!!

Frosty~
October 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
How do trade evolutions work. Are they done by leveling up as usual hacks work? Also how are they done. Thnx :).

Diego wants us to figure out how they evolve. So.. I guess experiment? I didn't have a Pokemon that needed trading so I can't help you out with them.

Ace_Master_of_Turtles
October 26th, 2013, 02:07 PM
how did you get that AMAZING title video ಥAಥ it made me wanna go do something awesome

tuta39
October 27th, 2013, 03:07 AM
what should I do? I trade Togepi with pikachu in emerald and now I can't trand them back to their OT help me please T^T. Thank you

diegoisawesome
October 27th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Wow! This crystal remake is awesome! I can't wait for the next beta! You're AWESOME MAN!
Edit: Just a thought, maybe you should replace the boy battle sprite with something like in Shiny Gold. It would look more accurate.
Thanks for the comment!
I think the battle sprite works fine, personally. Shiny Gold's isn't mine and it looks weird, anyways.
Finally a new update!
Looks great
Thanks!
Good job! Getting closer to what the official version would have looked like :D
Thanks for the comment!
I played up to the first Youngster battle, no bugs found and that new intro is so badass now you have 1 more thing that makes this hack unique xD

You even changed that rijon warning at the startup its so better now :D

And congrats for reaching 2MB on the ips file lol
Thanks again!
Awesome! Love the new intro!
Thank shiny quagsire for that!
For the Drowzee: it's definitely not just Hypnosis and Dream Eater. I didn't even know it had those until my second playthrough. I'm pretty sure Confusion was one of it's moves.
Could someone please find out what moves these "special trainer Pokémon" have, exactly? I can't find information on these anywhere.
That stuff isn't done. And the radio gives you a pretty good reason as to why it's not working.

Edit: I CALLED THE HACK LIQUID CRYSTAL!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL
I really don't know about that. I don't want to put Mikachu into CrystalDust because it would feel less official.
No, please no Fakemons. Would be cool to actualy get a secret event for the GS Ball or something. Make it really secretive, and hide it really good. No one must know! It should be so secretive, it will basically not even be there :D Trololololol
Oh, don't worry, there's an event for the GS Ball planned.
I notice an one bug. When i save with turned on GB PLAYER it freeze at DIEGOISAWENSOME PRESENTS screen. When i save with turned off GB PLAYER i do not have this failure. Meybe it was only failure of soft <I play your game on SUPERCARD SD> But is important failure.
Fixed with today's update! I knew I forgot something in the intro.
That's been posted multiple times in the thread, not only by me.
Glitch when you meet Sliver in burned tower. HELP PLEASE. The event just keeps repeating itself!!!
I don't know what to say. It works fine over here.
how did you get that AMAZING title video ಥAಥ it made me wanna go do something awesome
That intro is thanks to shiny quagsire!
what should I do? I trade Togepi with pikachu in emerald and now I can't trand them back to their OT help me please T^T. Thank you
I don't know why trading back wouldn't work if it worked the first time.

[css-div="width:95%;border-color: #444;border-style: solid;border-width:3px;background-color: #CCC;padding:0px 0px 10px 0px;font-size: small;color: #555;text-shadow: #AAA 0px 0px 2px;"]A NEW New Bark Town - 10/27/2013
Today's update gives New Bark Town an amazing new theme, thanks to tonti:
S1t_ZhzPVlw
Along with this, a few bugs were fixed:

The intro sequence works fine after saving with the GB Player enabled.
Other minor fixes I can't remember right now, but they're there!

As always, download from the same link in the first post.
[/css-div]

Hound of Justice
October 27th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Nice another update hope to see more soon

Жека
October 28th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Sounds delicious :D Brought a tear to my eye.

Missmillerz
October 30th, 2013, 08:39 PM
This looks really nice ;O;

gonna have to add it to my list lol

TruePunk79
November 3rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
I've been looking for a Wooper in Union Cave forever and haven't found one. I have the latest patch too... Where are they?? >~<

AF13unown
November 4th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I've been looking for a Wooper in Union Cave forever and haven't found one. I have the latest patch too... Where are they?? >~<

you can found it by surfing

unknown231
November 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM
another update, i hope it finished the kanto quest already.

more ups to come :)

Neeragon
November 6th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Even after patching it up with fresh emerald(U) it doesn't work.! Why.!

Master_Bait
November 6th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Just wanna ask something. Is it possible to patch another Emerald-only patch over a CrystalDust-patched ROM? (for example: patching a Moemon Emerald patch over the CD-patched rom)

Mew
November 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I really don't know about that. I don't want to put Mikachu into CrystalDust because it would feel less official.

Maybe you could make 2 versions - one official-seeming and one with custom things (Mikachu, newer Pokémon from Gen 3, etc...)

robsterinside
November 9th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Anxiously waiting for complete Kanto! :) This is my favorite hack

Lightracer
November 12th, 2013, 12:35 AM
I'm so excited to see beta 3! Kanto! Kanto! Kanto!

Hound of Justice
November 12th, 2013, 02:52 AM
What i want to see more than Kanto is the new storyline in Sevii Islands xD

Lightracer
November 14th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Hey, i found a glitch. Talking to the scientist at the 3rd floor of the radio tower lower left corner, will turn the screen dark red and corrupt music beeps will play on the backround.