PDA

View Full Version : Official NBA Discussion Thread

Livewire
October 16th, 2010, 07:39 AM
It may be a few weeks until the debut of the 2010 NBA season, but the off season has been one of the most talk about in years, with the rise of the Super Star 'Big 3' in Miami- Lebron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade, to the Celtics's Acquisition of Shaquille O'Neal.

Being from OH, I'm a little burned by Lebron leaving. but it's a business, and People need to realize that. I do think Miami will win the title now, though. I don't think the Lakers can pull off the three-peat, especially now that the Eastern Conference is loaded.

Discuss all things NBA in this thread, Title predictions, Player movement, the Rookie Draft, etc.

thedestinedblade
October 16th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Heat fan here! (Been one long before LeBron joined, lol) I'm definitely excited to see how our new team gels. I wanted the 3 of them to at least get some playing time together in the preseason, but it looks like it won't happen. I wouldn't be surprised if our team lost it's opening game at Boston.

Lakers will make the finals again. I don't see in anyone in the West who can challenge them. I think OKC will fall back to earth this season. Blazers have a chance if they can stay healthy, but that's a big if.

Captain Hobo.
October 16th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I think the Heat will win the title. The Lakes will make it to the finals. I think Kevin Durant will get MVP.

I am sad that Allen Iverson my favorite basketball player is going to retire after this season:(

Livewire
October 16th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Heat fan here! (Been one long before LeBron joined, lol) I'm definitely excited to see how our new team gels. I wanted the 3 of them to at least get some playing time together in the preseason, but it looks like it won't happen. I wouldn't be surprised if our team lost it's opening game at Boston.

Lakers will make the finals again. I don't see in anyone in the West who can challenge them. I think OKC will fall back to earth this season. Blazers have a chance if they can stay healthy, but that's a big if.

I think they're still working out the kinks, just like any other team. They'll get it together though, It is D Wade, Bosh and Lebron. I think they can win 70 games, provided they're healthy and rolling.

I dunno, Durant could probably carry that team himself if he wanted too, And I agree on the Blazers- No B. Roy, no Playoffs.

donavannj
October 16th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Wolves fan here eagerly awaiting Ricky Rubio's arrival. :D

thedestinedblade
October 16th, 2010, 09:29 PM

Enjoy Beasley. ;D Hope he's able to reach his full potential with the Wolves.

Livewire
October 17th, 2010, 09:04 AM

Have the T-wolves signed him yet?/What's the situation? I havent heard anything since the draft. :/

thedestinedblade
October 26th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Thought I'd bump this since today the official NBA season begins! I can definitely see my Heat losing tonight.

Kenshin5
October 26th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I think the Heat will win the title. The Lakes will make it to the finals. I think Kevin Durant will get MVP.

I am sad that Allen Iverson my favorite basketball player is going to retire after this season:(
He signed a two year deal with a team in Turkey, with an opt clause after the 1st year. So he may not retire at the end of the year. It really doesn't matter to me though, since he is already out of the eye of the NBA since he is in Turkey, so in my mind he already is retired. And should retire he could barely play when he was with the Grizzles so why should he stick around.

Livewire
October 26th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Thought I'd bump this since today the official NBA season begins! I can definitely see my Heat losing tonight.

From what I saw, they looked pretty bad. :/ I was surprised a bit, tbh.

thedestinedblade
October 27th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I'm not worried. I knew it would take some time for this team to gel. It was only made worse going against arguably the best defensive team in the NBA. Luckily we get the 76ers tonight.

Livewire
October 27th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I'm not worried. I knew it would take some time for this team to gel. It was only made worse going against arguably the best defensive team in the NBA. Luckily we get the 76ers tonight.

That's true. :0 The Celtics are always tough when they're healthy.

The only thing the 76ers have going for them is Evan Turner. :D

Kenshin5
October 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I could tell KG was fresh just by the way he looked on the court. Withstanding injuries and the return of Kendrick Perkins, I think they Heat will get killed in the front court if they have to face the Celtics in the play offs. I don't have statics for point in the paint but I would image Celtics had more. Rando looked a little rusting scoring wise, but he was business dishing out the Assists. Last night was good to watch but I am more interested in my favorite team and home team the Thunder and my second favorite the Bulls. I want to see how Boozer looks with the Bulls. And the other acquisitions they got during the off season.

donavannj-
October 27th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Enjoy Beasley. ;D Hope he's able to reach his full potential with the Wolves.

Beasley's better than what we've had the last few years.

Have the T-wolves signed him yet?/What's the situation? I havent heard anything since the draft. :/

Nope. He's still overseas, but intends to sign and play for the Wolves when his contract in Spain is done, last I checked.

Livewire
October 27th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Beasley's better than what we've had the last few years.

Nope. He's still overseas, but intends to sign and play for the Wolves when his contract in Spain is done, last I checked.

Ahhh I see. I hope he turns out well for them, the T-wolves haven't been the same since Garnett left. :/

thedestinedblade
October 27th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Cavs beat the Celtics, lol. See, you really can't take much from one game.

Livewire
October 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Cavs beat the Celtics, lol. See, you really can't take much from one game.

:0 True. Didn't see that one either.

Oh boy Lebron. :/ I'm sure some radio hosts are having a field day over that.

nm legend
October 28th, 2010, 10:10 AM
ugh...... i hope the heat get better...they better beat orlando in our first home game 2morro!! i cant wait.. and LIVE, do you have a team you go for?....im pretty sure Konohagakure doesnt have a team lol

Captain Hobo.
October 29th, 2010, 06:24 PM
The Lakers are doing good. The Magic are also pwning.

I think that would be a good finals.

Livewire
October 29th, 2010, 08:07 PM
ugh...... i hope the heat get better...they better beat orlando in our first home game 2morro!! i cant wait.. and LIVE, do you have a team you go for?....im pretty sure Konohagakure doesnt have a team lol

xD haha. I'm from Ohio, so the Cavs. But the whole Lebron fiasco has killed my love for them, both Lebron leaving and the Cavs owner Dan Gilbert being a total retard over it. I do have family in Indiana who are big time Pacer fans, so yeah. Dunno. xD

It's individual players for me now. I'd like to see the Celtics (KG) win again, or maybe Nash/Dwight Howard/Billups/Melo

Captain Hobo.
October 29th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I am watching the Lakers game right now and it looks like they are going to win.

thedestinedblade
October 30th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Heat by 26 against Orlando. :) We still need to get Bosh more involved in the offense, but we put on a clinic in the second half.

Livewire
October 30th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Heat by 26 against Orlando. :) We still need to get Bosh more involved in the offense, but we put on a clinic in the second half.

Looks like they're starting to put the pieces together. :D Orlando is a very good team, and they dropped them.

WriteThemWrong
October 30th, 2010, 08:17 AM
go clippers!!

i'm going to laugh so hard if the heat don't win the championship. that's pretty much the only option for them with their talent

thedestinedblade
October 31st, 2010, 11:37 AM
go clippers!!

i'm going to laugh so hard if the heat don't win the championship. that's pretty much the only option for them with their talent

Griffin has looked great. Sadly his teammates around him haven't.

WriteThemWrong
October 31st, 2010, 04:21 PM
Griffin has looked great. Sadly his teammates around him haven't.

kaman will probably get better as the season progresses. but other than him, clippers are short on talent and depth

Captain Hobo.
November 5th, 2010, 07:41 PM
The Horents beat the Heat. That surpised me. The Lakers look awesome so I am happy.

GaXeL
November 5th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Mmmm d rose and d Howard...
Bulls fan and magic fan...
Rose is so "beasley" (pun intended)

Livewire
November 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM
kaman will probably get better as the season progresses. but other than him, clippers are short on talent and depth

True. They look better than they have in the past few years, though. :/

donavannj
November 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Yay the Wolves are awful again this year! Back to back thumpings by the two Florida teams, including a club record loss margin (42 points)! :D

/totally sarcastic

thedestinedblade
November 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Yay the Wolves are awful again this year! Back to back thumpings by the two Florida teams, including a club record loss margin (42 points)! :D

/totally sarcastic

Rambis is an idiot. Why does he sit Love for long stretches during the game?

mystletainn
November 7th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I'm starting to finally enjoy watching the Knicks again without Isaiah around. So I may start watching the NBA on a regular basis.

Livewire
November 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I'm starting to finally enjoy watching the Knicks again without Isaiah around. So I may start watching the NBA on a regular basis.

I'm an Ohio/OSU guy, so I'll be watching them for some Evan Turner.

/totally sarcastic

D: yikes. They need some major overhauling in personnel and management.

thedestinedblade
November 7th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I'm an Ohio/OSU guy, so I'll be watching them for some Evan Turner.

Evan Turner plays for the 76ers not the Knicks. ;)

Livewire
November 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evan Turner plays for the 76ers not the Knicks. ;)

Oh God.

Herp a Derp.

Anyways, still hoping he does well. Amar'e Stoudemire (That's who I was thinking of xD) Is who I look forward to watching on the Knicks, is what I meant to say. Maybe he'll get some chemistry with his former coach Mike D'Antoni.

Sweet Candace
November 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I'm a Celtics and Thunder fan. The Celtics are getting up in age, but they have a shot to beat the Heat in the East.

In the West, the Thunder have youth and they could be the best team in the West for a couple of years because in a few years, there will a changing of the guard in the Western Conference.

donavannj
November 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
D: yikes. They need some major overhauling in personnel and management.

Eh. It's better than having McHale run things. I mean, seriously, Rambis has only been coach for one full season, and Kahn has also only been GM for one full season. Things change a lot more slowly in the NBA than they do in almost any other professional sports league.

Captain Hobo.
November 10th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Rajon Ronodo is looking awesome be is helping the Celtics a lot.

Livewire
November 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Eh. It's better than having McHale run things. I mean, seriously, Rambis has only been coach for one full season, and Kahn has also only been GM for one full season. Things change a lot more slowly in the NBA than they do in almost any other professional sports league.

That's true. You should be able to build a good team around Beasley.

Captain Hobo.
November 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I can't believe my Lakers lost. D:

Oh well, it wasn't by a lot.

Livewire
November 12th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I can't believe my Lakers lost. D:

Oh well, it wasn't by a lot.

Ehh, they're bound to loose a few games. xD

The Heat aren't clicking. 5-4. :/

donavannj
November 12th, 2010, 09:00 PM
The Heat aren't clicking. 5-4. :/

It takes a while for teams to get the chemistry together sometimes. Just look at the 03-04 Wolves and how they started: something like 13-11 before finishing 58-24 with the West's best record.

And I am amazed that the Wolves pulled out a 9 point win from a 14 point half-time deficit tonight. :O

Then again, it was against the Knicks.

Livewire
November 12th, 2010, 09:16 PM
It takes a while for teams to get the chemistry together sometimes. Just look at the 03-04 Wolves and how they started: something like 13-11 before finishing 58-24 with the West's best record.

And I am amazed that the Wolves pulled out a 9 point win from a 14 point half-time deficit tonight. :O

Then again, it was against the Knicks.

True. But with all the talk and hype surrounding them they're supposed to end up 72-10 or something. Plus Lebron sort of called out the coach after the Celtics thrashed them last night. They really have no big interior presence in the paint, and Bosh's numbers aren't enough yet. Given the oodles of talent, they should be 9-0 or 8-1 like the Lakers.

donavannj
November 13th, 2010, 12:52 PM
True. But with all the talk and hype surrounding them they're supposed to end up 72-10 or something. Plus Lebron sort of called out the coach after the Celtics thrashed them last night. They really have no big interior presence in the paint, and Bosh's numbers aren't enough yet. Given the oodles of talent, they should be 9-0 or 8-1 like the Lakers.

They may have oodles of talent, but, like you implied, they're really only basically stacked with guys in the 2, 3, and 4 spots, and their 4 plays much more like a 2 or a 3.

Livewire
November 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM
They may have oodles of talent, but, like you implied, they're really only basically stacked with guys in the 2, 3, and 4 spots, and their 4 plays much more like a 2 or a 3.

Yeah. :/ But from the sheer level of talent, most people would think they could overcome the lack of an interior presence like that.

Sweet Candace
November 17th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Miami has no big man. Chris Bosh is not supposed to be the big man, like he was in Toronto.

Kenshin5
November 17th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I guess Greg Oden is officially a bust since he is out for the season AGAIN. At least I saw him dominate at Ohio State for one year. So much for the "This is one of those Centers that comes around maybe once a decade". At least he has a legitimate reason unlike Adam Morrison. I mean if you can't produce on the Lakers then where can you produce?

Livewire
November 17th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Miami has no big man. Chris Bosh is not supposed to be the big man, like he was in Toronto.

I can definitely see the Heat going after one before the Trade deadline.

donavannj
November 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I can definitely see the Heat going after one before the Trade deadline.

They can have Darko Milicic. But only if they send us LeBron or D-Wade in exchange. ;D

/totally delusional because all his teams are being terrible or underachieving this fall, save for the Gopher basketball teams

Livewire
November 18th, 2010, 12:20 PM
They can have Darko Milicic. But only if they send us LeBron or D-Wade in exchange. ;D

/totally delusional because all his teams are being terrible or underachieving this fall, save for the Gopher basketball teams

Teehee. ;D If that doesn't work, Just have K-Love throw down some more 30-30 games. xD

thedestinedblade
November 18th, 2010, 03:11 PM

Nice game winner by Beasley yesterday. I'm rooting for the kid. His hairdo's always crack me up. ;)

Problem isn't Bosh as he was never an inside presence. Problem is the center position. Joel Anthony is terrible for us. :/ I don't know why the Coach continues to play him. Dude air balled a dunk yesterday against Phoenix. We are actually starting Z for him now. And Z's getting up there in age. Not many options out there right now aside from Dampier. Yes, we should be 8-3 if it wasn't for the 20 point blown lead to Utah, but hopefully we learned from yesterday's the game that we play a lot better with ball movement! The coach has no offensive sets so it's LeBron or Wade holding the ball for too long.

Livewire
November 24th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Nice game winner by Beasley yesterday. I'm rooting for the kid. His hairdo's always crack me up. ;)

Problem isn't Bosh as he was never an inside presence. Problem is the center position. Joel Anthony is terrible for us. :/ I don't know why the Coach continues to play him. Dude air balled a dunk yesterday against Phoenix. We are actually starting Z for him now. And Z's getting up there in age. Not many options out there right now aside from Dampier. Yes, we should be 8-3 if it wasn't for the 20 point blown lead to Utah, but hopefully we learned from yesterday's the game that we play a lot better with ball movement! The coach has no offensive sets so it's LeBron or Wade holding the ball for too long.

Rumor has it Lebron and Bosh went to Pat Riley and asked him to fire Spoulstra and take over. :0 Still just a rumor though.