PDA

View Full Version : Run Suicune, Run!

Guy
October 16th, 2010, 10:49 AM
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz121/cardcaptorkatara/Anime%20and%20TV%20Icons/Pokemon/Pikachu%20and%20Pokemon/suicine_pantsu_icons.gif Run Suicune, Run!
Do you enjoy taking on a challenge when confronted? Well, for the last two weeks of October and the first week of November, Pokémon Anime will be holding three different trivia games. This isn't a competition, but more so an event just for those who frequent here or are interested in playing. It's for the fun of it all really. All participants will earn an emblem as a token of thanks for taking part in the game(s), but we're just hoping you have fun in doing so.

How the event will be held:
★ Each week will hold a different game
★ Participants who decide to enter each week, must post here
★ A majority of the games will revolve figuring out clues, therefore answers must be submitted through PM to prevent others from figuring out the answers
★ At the end of each week, answers to the trivia will be revealed and all those who got each one correct will be announced.
★ As one event ends each week, the next will be revealed.

The Events & Weeks

Crossword Puzzle: Saturday, October 16 - Saturday, October 23
Who's that Pokémon?: Sunday, October 24 - Saturday, October 30
Suicune Scavenger Hunt: Thursday, November 4 - Saturday, November 13

Note: Each week's event will end at 12:00 AM EST Time Zone followed by the revealing of the new week's event.

Any questions you may have or problems you encounter with any of the trivia, please comment on them here. As for all submissions, please send your PM to me, Hiiro (http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=157820).

Thank you guys and have fun! Oh, and good luck chasing after Suicune. XD;

Guy
October 16th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Week One Event: The Crossword Puzzle
I'm sure all of us have done at least one of these in our lifetimes. Located in the spoiler (and link if the spoiler doesn't open for you), you will find a crossword puzzle. The challenge is to fill in each blank by trying to figure out the answer to each clue. Once you have completed it and are pretty sure you've got in down packed, then send in your submissions through PM. For all those who managed to fill in each clue correctly, your names will be announced at the end of the week.

A clue to get you all started. You can find every single one of these answers through the internet, HURR HURR.

[Crossword Puzzle Link (http://oi56.tinypic.com/2hxtxzd.jpg)]

http://i56.tinypic.com/2hxtxzd.png

Gumball Watterson
October 16th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Why did it have to be a crossword puzzle? >__>

In face, why did it have to be a badly developed crossword puzzle? I keep double checking my facts and there are many answers that aren't fitting.

Guy
October 16th, 2010, 12:01 PM

In face, why did it have to be a badly developed crossword puzzle? I keep double checking my facts and there are many answers that aren't fitting.
You probably have the right answers too, except that site I used to generate the crossword puzzle was... eh, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Anyway, Photoshopped it so words should fit much better into the puzzle. Let me know if you encounter anything else wrong.

My guess is that when you entered in some words, they weren't long enough to fill in all the boxes. Yes?

Vernikova
October 16th, 2010, 07:36 PM
You wanted me to post here for some reason. So this is the post. A quality post.

For future reference, bick = bike so yeah.

mervyn797
October 16th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Hey! The crossword was my idea!!
This one looks easy, except that I might have to do some research to figure out some of the answers.

curiousnathan
October 16th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I would like to enter Week 1. Kthanksbye.
Lol; XD
I quite like crosswords to be honest so hopefully I can complete it with ease and correctly. :3

wolf
October 16th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I'll join the chase after Suicune (joining week one, and most likely the others). :3

Forever
October 16th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Imma enter too because I like emblems this looks fun. :D Idk how many answers I'll get lol.

Zeffy
October 16th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I'm joining. Seems like fun! ^_~

Fithboy
October 16th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I'll join this too, please!

WonderGirl
October 17th, 2010, 12:19 AM
I'm joining! Some of them are a bit challenging though. Oh well, I'll try my best :)

SuperiorCat
October 17th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Entering~
*starts work on the crossword right away*

Mew~
October 17th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Pwease can I enter? :O

Heh, looks hard!~

mervyn797
October 17th, 2010, 01:17 AM
When I started off, it looked easy... but it isn't that easy. ._.;

Guy
October 17th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Yay, more entries!

Pointed out to me more than once, so I want to mention it for everyone. Number eight across, 'bick' is supposed to be 'bike'. Regardless, ignore that word. This egg was given to one of the characters after winning a riding contest. I accidentally put an extra letter in the name, but if you figure out the answer, you'll know what I mean.

Have fun~

Zeffy
October 17th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Yay, more entries!

Pointed out to me more than once, so I want to mention it for everyone. Number eight across, 'bick' is supposed to be 'bike'. Regardless, ignore that word. This egg was given to one of the characters after winning a riding contest. I accidentally put an extra letter in the name, but if you figure out the answer, you'll know what I mean.

Have fun~
A riding contest? Hmm...riding contest...that reminds of that episode. Gosh, this crossword puzzle is hard. I've only got 9. ;D

bOxieLiciOus
October 17th, 2010, 04:55 PM
i wanna join, this seems very challenging. :>

TheFuturePokemon
October 17th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I also want to join this.

mervyn797
October 18th, 2010, 02:13 AM

I solved it and I think all the answers fit in perfectly. And I think that they are right. :\

Forever
October 18th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Mervyn, everything except eight across fitted. XD;

And well, some were missing the last letter, but the word still existed fine on its own. I wonder how many have solved it correctly.

mervyn797
October 18th, 2010, 02:24 AM
O_O;
That's right. If the answer is what I filled in, I guess I made a spelling mistake. ._.

WonderGirl
October 18th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I have two that I can't find ;__;

mervyn797
October 18th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I have two that I can't find ;__;
Aww, don't worry! There is plenty of time left and you might be able to figure the answers by then! ^_^

Mew~
October 18th, 2010, 09:43 AM
^ Im having trouble finding three :O Tried searching too xD

Gumball Watterson
October 18th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I solved it and I think all the answers fit in perfectly. And I think that they are right. :\

I submitted mine too. I think I submitted it last night >__> my internal clock is out of whack again.

dragonite149
October 18th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Please may I join? This seems fun!

Deathshot
October 18th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I would like to try this as well. I already know a few of em from watching it oh so long ago in the 90s. :P

Guy
October 19th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Anyone and everyone is allowed to enter. Just let me know you're interested here, and I'll be looking forward to your submissions over the week. :]

Gumball Watterson
October 23rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
I'll be presuming contest 1 is officially over?

mervyn797
October 23rd, 2010, 10:18 PM
I'll be presuming contest 1 is officially over?
I think the title of the thread says so. ^^;

I wonder what the second contest will be about. Fan art? Maybe?

Mew~
October 24th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Awwww, looks like im too late :( I didn't get down to finding out what three of them were!

Gumball Watterson
October 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I wonder what the second contest will be about. Fan art? Maybe?

If it's fan-art, I'm sorta glad I just finally found out why my drawings were out of proportion >__> The heads are still too big but who cares, it's anime. I'll get better before next year.

Guy
October 24th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Sorry for the keep back guys. n_n; PC was being slow last night when I was going to announce everything, and then I just went to bed after awhile. Anyway, here you'll find not only the answers, and those who got them all right, but you'll also have week two's event: Who's That Pokémon?

For starters, the answers to the crossword puzzle were:
http://i54.tinypic.com/343p8bt.png

Those who got them all right were:
Vernikova, Forever
So, congratulations to you guys! Winner or not, you will all still receive an emblem for participating in this specific event. If you take part in the upcoming events, you'll receive individual emblems for that too. :]

For those who didn't get them all right, no one missed more than two answers. If you don't have your answers anymore and forgot which ones you got wrong, then please feel free to PM me and I will gladly give them to you.

Moving right along...

Week Two Event: Who's that Pokémon?
Who could forget this right? Remember watching the show on WB Kids and right when things were getting interesting the show would cut to commercial? Well, they never left us empty. They always brought up that one question we all remember, "Who's that Pokémon?"

That is what week two's event will be based off of. Except, this time you won't have a silhuoette to guess off of, but a Pokémon's description based on their appearance in the anime. So, get ready, get set, go!

1. I made my first appearance in, “Pokémon! I Choose You!” I’m noticed as the series mascot. Who am I?

2. I evolved to my final stage after really wanting to battle an Aerodactyl. I was bit ignorant to my trainer and cost him a match in the Indigo Plateau against one of his friendly rivals. Who am I?

3. I’m Pink and I get very upset when people fall asleep during my performances. I’m owned by Marina, Ursula, and my evolution is owned by Harley. Who am I?

4. I’m a female, and I have a male counterpart. The two of us make the perfect couple. Emily was my trainer and she called me, Maria. When I evolve, some consider me a Queen Pokémon. Who am I?

5. They say I am a Legendary Pokémon, yet I am not. In the original Pokémon Opening, I am seen running with Ash. Who am I?

6. I am owned by two main characters and am I starter Pokémon. It took me eight years to evolve to my second stage. Who am I?

7. Sometimes I’m portrayed as the “bad” Pokémon. Spider webs and Poison Stings are my signature moves when I appear. Who am I?

8. I’m a cheerful Pokémon. I was found in an egg; when hatched, my ownership was questioned, but I was later decided to remain under the control of a certain female. Who am I?

9. My first appearance was in “Don’t Touch That ‘Dile.” I was first spotted by two Pokémon of the main characters in this episode, but quickly ran off after one of them saw me. Who am I?

10. Not much attention is brought to me. I’m known as the Land Snake Pokémon. My PokéDex entry said, “We use our tails to burrow into the earth and evade capture.” Who am I?

11. I can be a bit clumsy. I also felt jealous when my trainer began to neglect me for her newly evolved Pokémon. Later, I evolved after fighting off a gang of Breloom and become a vital part to my trainer’s team. Who am I?

12. A gym leader owns me in my shiny form. I’m quite fast and at the time my signature move was Aerial Ace. Who am I?

13. Had awoken from the Millennium Comet for seven days and in the act befriended a boy named, Max. Who am I?

14. My biggest dream is to fly. I can only do that by becoming fully evolved. My head is known to be as hard as steel and I constantly try to learn to fly. Who am I?

15. I’m a second stage Steel-type Pokémon. I was owned by Paul until I later evolved between the time of being seen in a battle against Brandon and Ash. Who am I?

16. Am I a Legendary or not? Some say I am, others say not. If I can be owned by a regular looking trainer, then what does that say about me? Who am I?

17. I work with a group of other Pokémon just like me. We work for our queen, and if we’re male then we just won’t evolve. Who am I?

18. I am the sword to the shield, owned by a gym Leader who specializes in my type. He and his father never shared the same relationship after one of them left, but his father’s Pokémon is my counterpart. Who am I?

19. East, West I can appear differently. I am owned by both a coordinator and a trainer; my west form belonging to the coordinator and my east form belonging to the trainer. Who am I?

20. You see me waving to you at the end. I have yet to make my anime appearance, but already I am going to appear in my own movie. Who am I?
All submissions will be due by midnight of Saturday, October 30, 2010 ─ EST Time Zone. Remember to send them VIA PM and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Also, I've run low on ideas for next week's trivia. So, if you have any ideas, please feel to suggest them. :] Have fun!

Jorah
October 24th, 2010, 09:34 AM
My VernyVerny, you won and I'm so proud of you I want to cry. You are not the god of chess, but of crosswords. Pokemon crosswords.

This weeks looks easy and quick, so I might actually enter it. I like their fanart idea up there ^

Gumball Watterson
October 24th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Question. Are these appearances based on the Japanese state of the anime or the English state?

ben_pokemon
October 24th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Question. Are these appearances based on the Japanese state of the anime or the English state?
Japanese, I think because the questions mention <HEY DON'T GIVE ANSWERS> which yet has to appear in the dub.

Since I missed the first week, I sent my entry to Hiiro via PM. I have answered all the questions, but I'm still not sure whether 2-3 answers are correct. :)

Guy
October 24th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Both actually. Some of the questions asked haven't occurred yet in the Dub, but I kept those to a minimum.

Mew~
October 24th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Oh dear, I got all of the onces I did right only, i couldn't find out the answers to 5, 16 and 17 :(

The who's that pokemon seems easy :3 hopefully i'll get em all right!

fenyx4
October 24th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Hmm...for #6 Across, I thought it meant you had to write Top ##...one source said Misty's placement was Top 16, so I got confused as well, and that's what I wrote it as. Additionally, the answer didn't "cross" with another word, so you couldn't use other words to see any hints for letters or numbers...

For #1 Down I knew Dawn's mom said the catchphrase, but I thought it referred to "Daijobu!" and I typed the words in a separate list, so I didn't compare them in a written format... Daijobu fit the character limit so that's what I entered...

At least I got #8 Across right...spent a considerable amount of time looking for that one!

Oh well. :P Congrats, Vernikova and Forever! Anyway, this week's trivia looks interesting! I'd suggest doing a "Trainer's Choice" style trivia for an upcoming trivia (i.e., suggest a battle scenario between two Pokemon; name who has type advantage, etc.), but I really don't want to encounter another "Seviper" incident... :cer_laugh:

Additionally, for this week's trivia, this video comes to mind... :\ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9o5_W6hn9k

Forever
October 24th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Oh yay. XD;
...we can participate in next week's if we won this week's, right? XD;

Guy
October 24th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Oh yay. XD;
...we can participate in next week's if we won this week's, right? XD;
Yup, you can participate in all week events if you like.

I'm considering the fan art event for next week by the way. If I can't think up anything else, I might just run with it. /pun intended

Forever
October 24th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Sent answers in. Some of these answers were much easier, yet some were harder, so meh! Hopefully most are right, lol.

PlatinumDude
October 24th, 2010, 11:38 PM
I sent my answers in a while ago this morning (posting here just in case I have to post to enter).

Mew~
October 25th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I've submitted my answers, hope I get em right! :3
It was much easier than the crossword, I think I got em all right, not too sure if I got number 7 right though!
I wasn't quite sure about what to write in numbers like 15 or 2, because you didn't say to either write the pokemon they evolved into or the they were before so I just wrote both, I hope you will accept that!!

TheFuturePokemon
October 25th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I'm not quite sure about number 16.

Guy
October 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Sixteen was written very vaguely for various reasons, but a hint to everyone, and those who still have time to resubmit if they wish, this question relates to the Sinnoh League. That's all I can say.

Think about it before answering though.

Mew~
October 26th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Sixteen was written very vaguely for various reasons, but a hint to everyone, and those who still have time to resubmit if they wish, this question relates to the Sinnoh League. That's all I can say.

Think about it before answering though.

Heh, now Im even more sure I got it right :)

TheFuturePokemon
October 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Heh, now Im even more sure I got it right :)

Yah me too. The question had other possible answers.

Ynfiniti8
October 26th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I'll enter this tomorrow, it's late in England ;)
But I'll be looking fotward to this.

Night Soul
October 26th, 2010, 11:28 PM
This semms to be fun. I'll enter, too.

Guy
October 30th, 2010, 08:50 PM
PC didn't die on us this time. n_n; So, a few things here. Good news, we got in thirteen entries this time. I also have the answers to this week's trivia, "Who's that Pokémon?" as well as those who got them all correct, and finally, Week Three's planned event.

Week Two's "Who's that Pokémon?" Answers

1. I made my first appearance in, “Pokémon! I Choose You!” I’m noticed as the series mascot. Who am I? Pikachu

2. I evolved to my final stage after really wanting to battle an Aerodactyl. I was bit ignorant to my trainer and cost him a match in the Indigo Plateau against one of his friendly rivals. Who am I? Charmeleon or Charizard

3. I’m Pink and I get very upset when people fall asleep during my performances. I’m owned by Marina, Ursula, and my evolution is owned by Harley. Who am I? Jigglypuff

4. I’m a female, and I have a male counterpart. The two of us make the perfect couple. Emily was my trainer and she called me, Maria. When I evolve, some consider me a Queen Pokémon. Who am I? Nidoran (F) or Nidorina

5. They say I am a Legendary Pokémon, yet I am not. In the original Pokémon Opening, I am seen running with Ash. Who am I? Arcanine

6. I am owned by two main characters and am I starter Pokémon. It took me eight years to evolve to my second stage. Who am I? Cyndaquil

7. Sometimes I’m portrayed as the “bad” Pokémon. Spider webs and Poison Stings are my signature moves when I appear. Who am I? Ariados

8. I’m a cheerful Pokémon. I was found in an egg; when hatched, my ownership was questioned, but I was later decided to remain under the control of a certain female. Who am I? Togepi

9. My first appearance was in “Don’t Touch That ‘Dile.” I was first spotted by two Pokémon of the main characters in this episode, but quickly ran off after one of them saw me. Who am I? Suicune

10. Not much attention is brought to me. I’m known as the Land Snake Pokémon. My PokéDex entry said, “We use our tails to burrow into the earth and evade capture.” Who am I? Dunsparce

11. I can be a bit clumsy. I also felt jealous when my trainer began to neglect me for her newly evolved Pokémon. Later, I evolved after fighting off a gang of Breloom and become a vital part to my trainer’s team. Who am I? Torchic

12. A gym leader owns me in my shiny form. I’m quite fast and at the time my signature move was Aerial Ace. Who am I? Swellow

13. Had awoken from the Millennium Comet for seven days and in the act befriended a boy named, Max. Who am I? Jirachi

14. My biggest dream is to fly. I can only do that by becoming fully evolved. My head is known to be as hard as steel and I constantly try to learn to fly. Who am I? Bagon

15. I’m a second stage Steel-type Pokémon. I was owned by Paul until I later evolved between the time of being seen in a battle against Brandon and Ash. Who am I? Lairon

16. Am I a Legendary or not? Some say I am, others say not. If I can be owned by a regular looking trainer, then what does that say about me? Who am I? Heatran

17. I work with a group of other Pokémon just like me. We work for our queen, and if we’re male then we just won’t evolve. Who am I? Combee

18. I am the sword to the shield, owned by a gym Leader who specializes in my type. He and his father never shared the same relationship after one of them left, but his father’s Pokémon is my counterpart. Who am I? Rampardos

19. East, West I can appear differently. I am owned by both a coordinator and a trainer; my west form belonging to the coordinator and my east form belonging to the trainer. Who am I? Gastrodon

20. You see me waving to you at the end. I have yet to make my anime appearance, but already I am going to appear in my own movie. Who am I? Victini

→ For numbers two and four, I took either of those answers seeing as the clues went both ways.

Onto the fun part, here are those who got them all right. \o/

The Winner(s)...
AdvancedK47
Congratulations for answering each question correctly! If anyone noticed, every five question's answers were based on a certain generation; with the exception of the last five. Questions 1-5 (Kanto), 6-10 (Johto), 11-15 (Hoenn), 16-19 (Sinnoh), and 20 (Isshu). I also ordered them from easy, to mid-easy, to medium, to difficult.

Note: While the PokéCommunity Halloween Get-together is going on at the moment, I feel it best to hold off the third week event until it is over. Therefore, expect the third event to be up on Monday! I would tell you what it is, but I've decided to keep the suspense for the final game a surprise!!

mervyn797
October 31st, 2010, 02:18 AM
LoL
It seems that I lost it again.... *sigh*
Looking forward to the third contest now...

Mew~
October 31st, 2010, 02:51 AM
Damb it!! I got ONE wrong!!! It was 9, I wrote totodile for some reason :(

Forever
October 31st, 2010, 03:03 AM
I think I got three or four wrong, lol. /failure of knowledge about DPPt mostly

Hopefully Hiiro does go ahead with the idea I suggested. :D;
Btw, I don't think I put Totodile, hell yes. XD

Oh and congrats AK9!

mervyn797
October 31st, 2010, 03:27 AM
I got three wrong I guess. Bah! And I should follow the English series instead of the Japanese one. =(
And I wrote Totodile for the ninth one as well. XD

Jorah
October 31st, 2010, 03:58 AM
Ahhhhhh! The only one I got wrong was 19; I put down Shellos instead of Gastrodon >___< D: Well done, AK47 :DDD

Ynfiniti8
October 31st, 2010, 04:13 AM
Congrats AK. Which one did I get wrong? I think it must be the Shellos instead of Gastrodon thing like said by Jorah (Odd worded sentence go!).

Jordan
October 31st, 2010, 05:45 AM
Ah, 18/20 isn't bad I suppose, considering how I haven't watched the anime in over a year I believe. I thought the questions' pattern was going from easiest to hardest, but that's because of my biased knowledge of older seasons. Heh. Congrats AK47!

Gumball Watterson
October 31st, 2010, 06:38 AM
OMG I wasn't expecting to be the only one to get them all XD Thanks guys.

...So Hiiro up with a cliffhanging shenanigan? Not fun >__> I'm prepared for anything.

mervyn797
October 31st, 2010, 06:59 AM
I think I know what the next event is about. It's a s.... No, I'm not supposed to reveal it.
And yeah, congratulations AK-47!

dragonite149
October 31st, 2010, 07:09 AM
#16 could've been Darkrai or Latios too. But I put Flygon. Submitted before the clue LOL, and I didn't read the update. *Smacks head*

Anyways, some are staying BW spoiler free till the english release, so some wouldn't know about Victini.

Gumball Watterson
October 31st, 2010, 08:06 AM
#16 could've been Darkrai or Latios too. But I put Flygon. Submitted before the clue LOL, and I didn't read the update. *Smacks head*

Anyways, some are staying BW spoiler free till the english release, so some wouldn't know about Victini.

Except Victinigate was such a big scandal that you'd have to live under a rock to not know about it >__>

fenyx4
October 31st, 2010, 07:19 PM
Congrats on getting all of the answers, AdvancedK47!

LOL! :cer_laugh:

16. Am I a Legendary or not? Some say I am, others say not. If I can be owned by a regular looking trainer, then what does that say about me? Who am I? Heatran
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b7/485Heatran.png
That was one of the questions I thought I wouldn't have to worry about! When Hiiro mentioned the Sinnoh League as a hint, my mind went to the first Pokemon who, from my experience, has spurred the most debate about its Legendary status; Lucario.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Spr_4d_448.png

Since Maylene (and apparently several other NPCs) own one, I thought he would qualify as the answer. But according to Bulbapedia, Heatran is the first Legendary Pokemon to be entered by a regular Trainer in a Pokemon League competition. According to this Bulbapedia article (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_%28Generation_IV%29), it's permitted in the Battle Frontier facilities of Sinnoh and Johto as well. I was about to say, it would be very unfair if Trainers in the anime got to enter certain Pokemon in official League championships that are banned from entry in the games!

But I'm still confused...is Heatran Legendary or not? I thought it was all this time... :cer_confused:

Anyway, I await the next piece of trivia! :D

PlatinumDude
November 1st, 2010, 05:14 PM
Aww...I didn't win? I think I got 1 or 2 wrong out of all the questions I answered.

Blue_Drifloon
November 2nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
If number 4 can be either Nidoran♀ or Nidorina then number 11 should also have the the choice of either the evolved or pre-evolved stages Combusken or Torchic. Number 14 should also have the choice between Bagon and Shelgon.

Guy
November 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
If number 4 can be either Nidoran♀ or Nidorina then number 11 should also have the the choice of either the evolved or pre-evolved stages Combusken or Torchic. Number 14 should also have the choice between Bagon and Shelgon.
I was lean way with number 4 as the description wasn't exactly precise in words. However, Number 11 highly pointed at Torchic. Reasons being: Torchic is known to be clumsy, Combusken not really. Torchic was neglected after May got herself Beautifly, and Torchic evolved against Breloom.

The same would apply for number 14. In the anime, when Bagon was shown, it was constantly trying to learn how to fly, and in the clue I said, "My head is known to be as hard as steel." This doesn't apply to Shellgon, or else the description would have mentioned body or shell, and iron not steel.

With that over with though, you all can definitely expect the third game to come tomorrow. :]

Blue_Drifloon
November 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Your questions were all in the present tense and implied that the Pokémon "asking the questions" were the Pokémon at the end of the episode. Clean up your work next time and try to be like my king Blue_Drifblim and you might get it right.

Guy
November 2nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Your questions were all in the present tense and implied that the Pokémon "asking the questions" were the Pokémon at the end of the episode. Clean up your work next time and try to be like my king Blue_Drifblim and you might get it right.
Thanks for your input, Vernikova. I'll remember that for next time. ;)

Forever
November 3rd, 2010, 09:33 PM
Is it time for the third game now? :D

Guy
November 4th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Busy few days, so I got held back. Gosh Nica, can't you be patient? XD; Also, please don't forget to post here if you wish to enter. That way I can expect the number of people participating in this event. :]

Week Three Event: Suicune Scavenger Hunt
You must place yourself as Eusine in the hunt of finding Suicune. Unfortunately, Suicune is a quick Pokémon and has began running around certain areas of PokéCommunity; making it harder to catch. Your job is to find it, and follow its clues in order to catch it.

Suicune Scavenger Hunt: Thursday, November 4 - Saturday, November 13 You are given 9 days to complete the task if you decide on taking it. Good luck!

Looking around different sections, threads, posts, etc., you will see Suicune's name scattered around. Within this name has a clue to its next location. You do so by scrolling over it. To get you started, Suicune isn't too far away, but it has left a clue below.

Clue

Once you have found all x numbers of clues, you must then PM all the found locations to me, Hiiro. All those who manage to catch it, will earn themselves an emblem in doing so.

*As for the past two weeks, those emblems shall be made this week as well as the one for the scavenger hunt. For all those who participated, will be awarded once the event comes to a close and the emblems are uploaded to the Moderator CP.

What are you waiting for? Suicune isn't just going to sit there waiting for you! Go, go, gooo!

Forever
November 4th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Participating. Found two clues already so yay!

Gumball Watterson
November 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Omfg I'm having trouble just with the first one! >__>

Can't win them all, I guess. >_<

fenyx4
November 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/83/Spr_4d_245.png
Wild Suicune appeared!
"Heh...gotcha, Suicune. Now you're mine!"
"Fast Ball, go!" http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/70/Bag_Fast_Ball_Sprite.png
*wiggles once*
*wiggles twice*
*wiggles thrice*
*PAH! - bursts open*
Oh, no! The wild Pokemon escaped!
Wild Suicune fled! :t245: :P

DARN IT! :cer_pissed: >_< *sigh* The hunt is on! Gosh...this looks like it'll be a bit time-consuming... I don't even know the maximum number of clues! Oh well...I'm participating as well! YOU'RE MINE, SUICUNE!!!!

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/14/Spr_4d_006.png
"Go, Charizard! Use Fly!"
*flies off on rental Charizard's back; begins pursuit of the Aurora Pokemon*

Ugh...and the first clue is confusing me!

wolf
November 4th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Participating in this since you wanted me to post, and I think I found all of them. :3

Forever
November 4th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Found all already? :(
/is still having issues on the third clue
/is glad I found the last three or so :D

mervyn797
November 4th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Found them all? ;;
I've found just 2 as of now. =(

curiousnathan
November 4th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I'll be participating, and for real this time since the first game I couldn't. :\

fenyx4
November 4th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Found my second clue (counting the original one given)! Yes! :cer_boogie: And I LOL'd when I did, for a reason I'll divulge after the contest is over. :cer_laugh: ;)

curiousnathan
November 4th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Can't even find my first. X(

Mew~
November 5th, 2010, 03:18 AM
I've found the second one (well the one thats after the ckue in this thread) I don't seem to get the cule :\

Ynfiniti8
November 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I'll (attempt to) do this.

Forever
November 6th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Found all the answers (finally). Words of inspiration... don't think too hard about the first three, the clue will come to you if you take it on face value. The next one is easy as, while the last few are eaaaassssyyyyy.~

Blue_Drifblim
November 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I'll enter this. :D Should be fun.

Guy
November 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Four people so far have found all the clues, and even though the event is supposed to end tonight, I'm prolonging it till tomorrow, because I love you guys. :] Really, I just want more people to find the clues and enter. =P

...but, as a treat I want to show you guys what the emblems will look like.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/Quick_Kid/Revamp%202010/EnteiEmblem.png
The Search for Entei!
Through the ups and downs, you tried your hand at the Crossword Puzzle event for Run Suicune, Run!

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/Quick_Kid/Revamp%202010/RaikouEmblem.png
Rendering Raikou!
Right, wrong, or even close, you put your knowledge of guessing "Who's that Pokémon?" into full charge during Run Suicune, Run!

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/Quick_Kid/Revamp%202010/SuicuneEmblem.png
Run Suicune, Run!
Chasing Suicune around PokéCommunity, you followed clue by clue and managed to capture the running beast during Suicune's Scavenger Hunt.

Mew~
November 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Four people so far have found all the clues, and even though the event is supposed to end tonight, I'm prolonging it till tomorrow, because I love you guys. :] Really, I just want more people to find the clues and enter. =P

...but, as a treat I want to show you guys what the emblems will look like.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/Quick_Kid/Revamp%202010/EnteiEmblem.png
The Search for Entei!
Through the ups and downs, you tried your hand at the Crossword Puzzle event for Run Suicune, Run!

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/Quick_Kid/Revamp%202010/RaikouEmblem.png
Rendering Raikou!
Right, wrong, or even close, you put your knowledge of guessing "Who's that Pokémon?" into full charge during Run Suicune, Run!

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/Quick_Kid/Revamp%202010/SuicuneEmblem.png
Run Suicune, Run!
Chasing Suicune around PokéCommunity, you followed clue by clue and managed to capture the running beast during Suicune's Scavenger Hunt.
Wow those are epic!!! :O To bad I didn't even try the suicune thing, I stopped after I couldn't even find the 3rd one xD

Guy
November 12th, 2010, 11:48 AM
There's still time; a whole day's worth! You should keep trying.

A bit of extra help on each clue.

1st location: Really, just take a look outside of this thread, and don't go too far.
2nd location: Consider the word given in quotations as your main focus and look where your thoughts lead you.
3rd location: This is relatively easy actually. The clue given leads to a thread in the hinted area.
4th location: If you find the 3rd location and clue, then you'll easily know where to look for this one. You'll know the section, and when you find the thread just look for a certain super moderator's post.
5th location: After finding the clue from above, this will lead you straight to the right section. You just need to search those tacked threads, eh?
6th location: The clue given from the 5th location above is really easy.
7th location: This is also easy.
8th location: VERY easy.

Yeah, I realize I just told you how many clues there are excluding the one given when the scavenger hunt began. But, I'm hoping this clears up some confusion some have had as we near the end - Saturday, November 13th @ 12:00AM EST.

Ryanna Jameson
November 12th, 2010, 02:53 PM
All done. <3 Got stuck for a bit because I wasn't thinking properly, but completed the quest! Yay~

Gymnotide
November 12th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I... Found Suicune before I found the first clue.

Forever
November 12th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Hiiro, those clues even confuse me even though I found all the answers. XD

BUT! Awesome emblems, so pretty~

Guy
November 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I... Found Suicune before I found the first clue.
Well...I guess that means you just have to find those before it. XD;

Hiiro, those clues even confuse me even though I found all the answers. XD

BUT! Awesome emblems, so pretty~
Glad you like them.

The extra clues are supposed to go hand in hand with each new clue you find without giving it away. n_n;

mervyn797
November 13th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Even though I did manage to find the clues (with Nica's help. :P ), these clues surely make it quite easier than before.
And yeah, the emblems are pretty attractive.. XD

Gumball Watterson
November 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I get the feeling Hiiro is or Forever is going to make me feel damn stupid once this is over >__> I got the last clue, I got suicune, but I can't find that darn first clue! >__<

Guy
November 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM
First clue is just outside this thread in one of the stickies. Simple as that. XD

45 minutes left! Gogogogo!

Guy
November 13th, 2010, 09:31 PM
...and time's up!

This was actually my favorite event of them all, and I hope you guys enjoyed it just as much. So, for the moment you've all been waiting for...Suicune's hidden locations: → The Pokémon Anime Forum Guidelines (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=228449)
→ Spin-Off Quick Questions and Answers Thread (3rd Post) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5240040&postcount=3)
→ Black or White? (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=235905)
→ Other Entertainment: Celebrity Claim Thread (252nd Post) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6243958&postcount=252)
→ Graphics & Photography: What would you like to see more of in G&P (2nd Post) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6217649&postcount=2)
→ HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=209936)
→ Hiiro's "About Me" Biography (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=157820)
→ Run Suicune, Run (1st Post) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234586)
As for all of those who found each clue and eventually Suicune's final spot...

Forever, Wolflare, mervyn797, Blue_Drifblim, Logiedan, TheSmartOne, Gymnotide, and fenyx4
Congrats to all of you! It must have been fun trying to decipher a few of those clues. XD;

As promised, all the emblems for each of those who participated in their respective events will be awarded. I'll leave this thread open and stickied for the next couple of days for you guys to congratulate one another, discuss the locations, and if you have any suggestions for the next event, then feel free to suggest it here.

Thanks everyone for participating! There will definitely be another event coming in the future. :]

mervyn797
November 13th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Congratulations, Forever, Wolflare, mervyn797, Blue_Drifblim, Logiedan, TheSmartOne, Gymnotide, and fenyx4!!!
This was the best of all the three events we had. Some of the clues were really tough whereas others were dead easy.
And I hate myself for not knowing that the one posted in Hiiro's biography was also a clue. -_-;

Forever
November 13th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I get the feeling Hiiro is or Forever is going to make me feel damn stupid once this is over >__> I got the last clue, I got suicune, but I can't find that darn first clue! >__<

...why me? XDD;

Congrats everyone else, I know I struggled on the one that said "spin", so I told Hiiro to put it as "spin" rather than just spin looool. :3;

Oh and the B/W was so not obvious to me. XD

Ryanna Jameson
November 14th, 2010, 12:29 PM
That's odd, I found the B&W one right away. xD
I got stuck on the one in Hiiro's biography because I was not thinking straight. lol

Congrats to everyone who got them all~

Mew~
November 15th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Wow, I couldn't even find the spinoff one! xD

Is this the end of run, suicune run now or are there more events?

Edit: Nvm xD

Guy
November 16th, 2010, 11:03 AM
As all things come to an end, so does Run Suicune, Run! ): Congratulations to all winners and participants.

Until next time!