PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Old Pokemon in Gen V

Gymnotide
October 19th, 2010, 11:32 AM
ITT: cbf searching for proper thread.

This thread is ONLY to discuss changes made to Gen I-IV Pokemon or additions that make certain Pokemon better or worse. Examples:

Moveset changes --
Omastar gained Shell Break, which trades -1 DEF, -1 SpD for +2 ATK, +2 SpA, and +2 SPE. This is a phenomenal change, as Omastar doesn't really need his defenses and becomes a Special Attack juggernaut with the sharps in both his SpA and SPE stats.
Manectric gained Volt Change, which is a big excitement for me.
Volbeat's Tail Glow now grants +3 SpA instead of only +2. This is really exciting for Baton Pass.
Ampharos gained Cotton Guard, which grants +3 DEF. Not exactly strategically useful, but I would love that for in-game use.
Shedinja gained Life Gamble LOL!!

Ability changes --
Ninetales gained Drought. Politoed gained Drizzle. Now that we have every permanent auto-weather condition on a legal user, I can see many different weather-based teams arising.
Ditto gained Eccentric, which when paired with Choice Scarf, allows Ditto to copy and outspeed ANY Pokemon right off the bat. This makes Ditto a much more viable Pokemon and one that can wreck teams that aren't ready for it.
Slowbro gaining Regeneration makes me very happy. Now he's even bulkier than before. You can expect to see him on my team.
Charizard gained Solar Power, significantly buffing his already-strong Special Attack. With Ninetales' Drought in stow, there might be some havoc to be wreaked (unless Hippowdon or Tyranitar come to save the day).

The question to answer, though is: what changes are you most looking forward to playing with once the game comes out in English?

MartinJF
October 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Shinx got magnet rise, which can really help Luxray.

Fushigidane-Chan
October 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Ninetales is amazing now. It got exactly what it needed to compete against its fellow Fire-types.

Amai
October 19th, 2010, 12:45 PM
About Shedinja and Life Gamble..

Maybe when you use it at exactly 1 HP, it kills yourself and the Pokemon you use it on instantly (1-hit KO)

Erufuun
October 19th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Okay... How about the type changes for Rotom??
PLEASE tell me that not all of them have Levitate?!
Fan Rotom is part Flying type now... Levitate and Flying?! What the heck is with that? XD

Devil Flamingo
October 19th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Actually, Cotton Guard would definitely be useful on Ampharos if you would prefer it to Reflect. With his good HP and SpDef, a defensive Ampharos is a mini-tank. Slap a Calm or Sassy Nature on the thing, make it have Cotton Guard or Reflect, and possibly Light Screen or Thunder Wave, plus two attacks, and the wool-less sheep is set for life, yep. :D Cotton Guard works wonders on my Elfoon whether I use it in sync with Substitute or Protect, or even by itself. Never underestimate the power to max out your defense in only two turns. :D I can also see defensive Altaria sets running this move; it's epic win. The only other non-5th-gen pogey that got it is Jumpluff, but just like with Marakacchi, I don't see how it's going to use it given its defenses. As far as I'm concerned, only Altaria, Ampharos and Elfoon have a base defense stat anywhere near decent enough to warrant the use of this move (90, 75, and 85 respectively).

I'll post about other changes lately; gotta do homework now lol.

PlatinumDude
October 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Okay... How about the type changes for Rotom??
PLEASE tell me that not all of them have Levitate?!
Fan Rotom is part Flying type now... Levitate and Flying?! What the heck is with that? XD
The Rotom forms still have Levitate, though their types are different now. And I agree; Flying with Levitate is really redundant.

Blaziken gets Speed Boost to boost its mediocre Speed over several turns. It also gets Hi Jump Kick as a more reliable STAB move than Superpower.

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
October 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I love the additions of new moves and dream world abilities for gen 3 Pokemon :)
Though I think that swamperts dsa isn't as good as they could have given it, they should have given it swift swim...as it's fast on mud and rain and the ground make mud...

GaXeL
October 19th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I lol'd at shedinja, I'd rather have wonder guard

Gymnotide
October 19th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I lol'd at shedinja, I'd rather have wonder guard

Shedinja's only ability still remains to be Wonder Guard. It gets a new egg move called Life Gamble, though. Life Gamble does damage to your foe equal to the amount of HP you have left (and then it kills you). It's funny because it will always do 1 HP and Shedinja dies.

edit I'm excited that Sableye is actually usable now. He gained Mischievous Heart so he now has priority Substitute, Recover, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Confuse Ray. Even Garchomp can't kill Sableye unboosted.

Cyberglass
October 20th, 2010, 05:02 AM
I'm interested in the new Shuckle move, Power Split, which not only makes it that much more of a wall, it allows it to attack back and actually do some damage. Combined with Power Trick, this makes Shuckle a strong tank with an ungodly attack stat, high special defense, and a lower defense stat which doesn't matter because the opponent just had its attack halved anyway. Of course, this takes a while to set up and only leaves room for two attacks, but I'm excited as a Shuckle fan that the little guy can now fight back instead of just absorbing damage.

Devil Flamingo
October 20th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Shedinja's only ability still remains to be Wonder Guard. It gets a new egg move called Life Gamble, though. Life Gamble does damage to your foe equal to the amount of HP you have left (and then it kills you). It's funny because it will always do 1 HP and Shedinja dies.

edit I'm excited that Sableye is actually usable now. He gained Mischievous Heart so he now has priority Substitute, Recover, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Confuse Ray. Even Garchomp can't kill Sableye unboosted.

oh god, finally! seriously, Keen Eye and Stall are so much fail, he really needed something different, and finally GF delivered via DW! he's gonna be so much win now plz. :D

Oh, and if Life Gamble on Shedinja doesn't prove GF likes to troll people, I don't know what does.

...Wait, no, hold on. Real trolling would be for Blissey, Wailord or Mamanbou to learn Life Gamble and fire off a special move off their huge HP, hah (though Life Gamble is special, meaning Mamanbou wouldn't be so good with it given her pathetic spA, but Blissey and Wailor would make awesome use of it all the same, hmmm).

Anyways, other goodies that I'm excited about include Regeneration Tangrowth. This guy really needed something to differentiate him from all other Grass types and GF finally delivered. I adore Tangrowth, but his boring abilities in DP made me stop using him, and sent him to UU after a few months in UU. Being able to recover HP with that awesome base 100 is gonna be win.

Pokeball Mushroom makes better use of Regeneration though, with one less weak, just as many resistances, access to Spore, and 114 base HP. :D

Forever
October 20th, 2010, 07:21 AM

...lol that's an amazing attack. It's like giving it Curse. Totally pointless. o_O

I haven't been really keeping up with the changes regarding other Pokemon, but drought and drizzle in the first post? I dunno, those abilities don't really match up with those two imo, but oh well, GF's choice. :x Seems more for stronger Pokemon? idk (then again they're probably strong and I don't even know probably lol).

Vader
October 20th, 2010, 07:26 AM
The Rotom forms still have Levitate, though their types are different now. And I agree; Flying with Levitate is really redundant.

Blaziken gets Speed Boost to boost its mediocre Speed over several turns. It also gets Hi Jump Kick as a more reliable STAB move than Superpower.

Blaziken with Speed Boost will be ridiculous if used correctly. o__o Hi Jump Kick still carries the recoil if it misses though, right? So it's still a bit of a double edged sword.

Jak
October 20th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Can anyone say hello Speed Boost Blaziken? :) I was also a little sad about the Rotom form type changes, but it also brings in some crazy new type combos, like Grass/Electric, Ice/Electric, and my favorite, Fire/Electric. Though without the ghost typing anymore, what's gonna happen to it in the metagame? Hm hm hmmm.

I haven't been really keeping up with the changes regarding other Pokemon, but drought and drizzle in the first post? I dunno, those abilities don't really match up with those two imo, but oh well, GF's choice. :x Seems more for stronger Pokemon? idk (then again they're probably strong and I don't even know probably lol).

Politoed and Ninetales needed it. Now they can play in a higher tier than they did in generation IV. At least that's what I'm hoping for. Even though they don't look the part, this is still good for those two.

It doesn't autofaint, but even still, tacking this on to Shedinja is pretty lol.

Tony Stark
October 20th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Politoed and Ninetales needed it. Now they can play in a higher tier than they did in generation IV. At least that's what I'm hoping for. Even though they don't look the part, this is still good for those two.

Drizzle Politoed and Drought Ninetales should be meta-game breaking in OU now. I can see weather teams being everywhere. :D it'll make things interesting, that's for sure.

Gymnotide
October 20th, 2010, 10:51 AM
It doesn't autofaint, but even still, tacking this on to Shedinja is pretty lol.

Life Gamble does damage equal to your remaining HP to both sides. The only way it doesn't autofaint is if the foe dodges, the foe is immune to Fighting-type attacks, the target faints before the attack works, or the foe uses Protect / Detect. Shedinja will die after inflicting 1 HP.

King Gumball
October 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Life Gamble does damage equal to your remaining HP to both sides. The only way it doesn't autofaint is if the foe dodges, the foe is immune to Fighting-type attacks, the target faints before the attack works, or the foe uses Protect / Detect. Shedinja will die after inflicting 1 HP.

Lol that is pretty pathetic, only inflicting 1Hp then dieing. What a waste.

GaXeL
October 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM

O lol that's even funnier

October 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Blaziken with Speed Boost will be ridiculous if used correctly. o__o Hi Jump Kick still carries the recoil if it misses though, right? So it's still a bit of a double edged sword.
Yeah but with the lens that increase accuracy on (I forgot there name) it will also never miss...and be very dangerous...

Erufuun
October 20th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Oooh, and what about Porygon2 with the new hold item Evolution stone?? (Which raises both defenses of a Pokemon capable of evolution one stage) He is now a GODLY tank!! I mean he now has the ability to wall as well as Pokemon like Skarmory and Lugia! And with Trace, which can destroy Pokemon like Gyarados, Jolteon, Heatran! (Just to name a few) With Recover as well! I really hope he doesn't get banished to Uber or something. ;~;

Gymnotide
October 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah but with the lens that increase accuracy on (I forgot there name) it will also never miss...and be very dangerous...

That's a bad item. Also, it still has a 1% chance to miss.
You're better off using something more... Potent.

Oooh, and what about Porygon2 with the new hold item Evolution stone?? (Which raises both defenses of a Pokemon capable of evolution one stage) He is now a GODLY tank!! I mean he now has the ability to wall as well as Pokemon like Skarmory and Lugia! And with Trace, which can destroy Pokemon like Gyarados, Jolteon, Heatran! (Just to name a few) With Recover as well! I really hope he doesn't get banished to Uber or something. ;~;

Dusclops and Gligar are also notable users of the Pre-Evolution Stone.

Åzurε
October 20th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I laugh at Shedinja. If I manage to acquire one with Life Gamble, I'd keep it just for lulz. Claw Sharpen+ Baton Pass has the possibility of being a new trick for Sheddy.

Lapras has Hydration to go with Rest now. Bulky waters seem to have gotten some good tricks overall, as well. Boiling Water seems a viable substitute for Surf in some cases.

PlatinumDude
October 20th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Life Gamble + Shedinja might see some sort of use. When it's up against a Pokemon with 1 HP left (will be obvious when the opponent hangs on using Sturdy, Endure or Focus Sash), it can use Life Gamble and take the opponent with it. Other than that, it's a lulzy combo.

Sceptile + Unburden is pretty much pointless, IMO, because Sceptile is fast enough already.

Niprop
October 20th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Sabeleye, Lickilicky, and most importantly, Ditto all got major improvements that will likely help them rise in usage. Heck, even Seaking got an immunity to Electric attacks. As for those worrying about it's former position of one of the worst fully evolved Pokémon it the game, don't worry, Lumineon fills up that space left behind quite nicely, so Luvdisc won't feel so lonely.

As for Porygon2...

I hoped...

I thought of the idea...

I dreamt of the notion...

As soon as I learned of the Miracle [of Evolution]...

I cheered.

Porygon2, now equipped with the Prevolution Stone, has defenses on par with giants such as Deoxys-D and Lugia! Coupled with the fact that It has higher Special Attack then both, along with Trace, makes it very, very formidable.

However...

As for Porygon-Z on the other hand, all it got was Analyze (This coupled with the fact that it is the only Pokémon to learn Trick-Room naturally is starting to make me think that Game Freak considers it bulky...), a hand-me-down from Porygon2, and Psycho-Shock, which though is only really useful for taking down Blissey, is still a much better option to attempting to go mixed (no thanks to Download), or relying on Hyper Beam.

Oh well, I'm just happy that Porygon2 is now to the extreme! (Being able to learn Curse again wouldn't hurt, though!)

Ninja Caterpie
October 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Ugh, the abilities are Dream World abilities, for goodness sake. This means they don't exist yet. I doubt every Pokemon will get their Dream World abilities (particularly not starters like Speed Boost Blaziken and Perversity Jaroda); it'll probably be a small percentage that do. Honestly, some abilities are so overpowered it seems like GameFreak are just trolling us and are never going to release them.

blaQk
October 20th, 2010, 11:43 PM
This means they don't exist yet. I doubt every Pokemon will get their Dream World abilities (particularly not starters like Speed Boost Blaziken and Perversity Jaroda); it'll probably be a small percentage that do.

Well you see, one would hope for this but with generation one starters already released, generation two starters getting released in eight days, and generation three starters getting released on November 20th, and you being able to breed the ability on, no such luck.

However, yeah, people are blowing all if this way out of proportion with all the bad theorymon going around in this thread and elsewhere. While some of the changes introduced this generation are "cute," they are far from game-breaking. I have been playing generation five for the last few days, and nothing has really just screamed "look at what I have become."

Weather teams are "ok," but hardly "amazing." Ditto is Wobbuffet bait. Pretty much all the examples posted in the OP's post are bad. GameFreak isn't going to change Rotom-F's ability just because of it's type. Blaziken is cute, but people don't know how to run it, lol. I haven't even seen anyone use an Evolution Stone pokemon. And to the guy who said Unburden on Sceptile is useless, that's because it is useless. Sceptile was fine the way he was.

It's things like Technician Breloom that should be mentioned and discussed. That thing is, ugh.

560cool.
October 20th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Can anyone say hello Speed Boost Blaziken? :)
^this
Well, I mus say, with a few SB stages up, it can become better than Ape. But I'm still looking at that fat pig with a Base 130 Atk., which is slightly annoying with his bulkiness.
But still, Ken becomes OU, right ? That's a nice thing, buuuut I'm sad that...
Aqua Jet Weak

Ninja Caterpie
October 21st, 2010, 12:49 AM
Well you see, one would hope for this but with generation one starters already released, generation two starters getting released in eight days, and generation three starters getting released on November 20th, and you being able to breed the ability on, no such luck.

FFFFFF i haven't checked oh lord. Well, Ninetales hasn't been released. My point still stands.

+ Scarf Ditto owns Blaziken.

Ditto is Wobbuffet bait.
and Wobbuffet is uber bait.

It's things like Technician Breloom that should be mentioned and discussed. That thing is, ugh.

I agree. Bullet Seed + Mach Punch is like uber powerful. I should start playing this meta instead of theorymoning though...

Gymnotide
October 21st, 2010, 05:55 AM
I'm talking less about competitive than you think. Obviously, we're not talking about gamebreaking changes, either.

shvihka
October 21st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Seaking gets Lightningrod as dream world ability.
Very neat but shame that Seaking has abysmal SpA..

Blue Nocturne
October 21st, 2010, 01:05 PM
Speaking from a non-competitive viewpoint, I'm very happy to see that Mewtwo, despite the fact that I have never used nor cared about him (though looking at his potential movepool, WHY?), now has a signature move. Shadow Ball.. maybe, but he could only learn that via TM.

But the new abilities and moves are still quite interesting to read about and learning how they can be used competitively will provide quite a few weeks worth of Blue Nocturne's Pointless Trivia Time. I'm particularly excited about these moves that are Special Attacks but use the defense(?) stat; the Ditto thing and Porygon2.

blaQk
October 21st, 2010, 03:09 PM
I'm talking less about competitive than you think. Obviously, we're not talking about gamebreaking changes, either.

Right.

Speaking from a non-competitive viewpoint, I'm very happy to see that Mewtwo, despite the fact that I have never used nor cared about him (though looking at his potential movepool, WHY?), now has a signature move. Shadow Ball.. maybe, but he could only learn that via TM.

Mewtwo could learn Shadow Ball in generation four.

Erufuun
October 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM
Also, how about Cloyster?? He gets the amazing move SHELL BREAK!
At the cost of losing defences only a stage, Speed, Special attack, and Attack all get sharply raised!! And with Skill link, (And Icicle spear's recent increase in power) he has a base 125 power STAB attack, along with a 125 base power Rock attack, (Rock blast) and throw in Hydro pump for an awesome sweeper!! So going on my team with Speed boost Blaziken and Evolution stone Porygon2~ <3

Gymnotide
October 21st, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mewtwo could learn Shadow Ball in generation four.

Poster probably meant that Shadow Ball was Mewtwo's "signature move" because he used it in SSBM. However, since it's not even in his level-up movepool, it doesn't count.

October 21st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Also, how about Cloyster?? He gets the amazing move SHELL BREAK!
At the cost of losing defences only a stage, Speed, Special attack, and Attack all get sharply raised!! And with Skill link, (And Icicle spear's recent increase in power) he has a base 125 power STAB attack, along with a 125 base power Rock attack, (Rock blast) and throw in Hydro pump for an awesome sweeper!! So going on my team with Speed boost Blaziken and Evolution stone Porygon2~ <3
wow that is awesome, I am going to get a Cloyster with Skill link now, but that sa is quite rare at least in gen 4 it was...

Erufuun
October 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
wow that is awesome, I am going to get a Cloyster with Skill link now, but that sa is quite rare at least in gen 4 it was...

I thought it was just 50/50 chance like most abilities?? I guess when you are breeding though, the children are more likely to have the ability of the parents!

October 21st, 2010, 06:29 PM
I thought it was just 50/50 chance like most abilities?? I guess when you are breeding though, the children are more likely to have the ability of the parents!
It was rare to find in gen 4 oddly enough, but in gen 5 there is a 50 chance of finding it.

Arma
October 22nd, 2010, 03:25 AM
Should somebody be foolish enough to use Desukaan, I got my pursuit Slaking ready.:badsmile:

Gymnotide
October 22nd, 2010, 05:30 AM
lol Desukaan isn't exactly broken as to make a counter just for him.

[Your Name Here]
October 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Spiritomb should be in Black and White. Maybe it could be treated like a legendary and be caught after you battle Geechisu (or Dennis?!?).

And what about Rotom? He could be in an old TV in an old house.

There should also be some others from each generation.

PlatinumDude
October 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
;6239630']
And what about Rotom? He could be in an old TV in an old house.

Rotom can be obtained from an in-game trade after the National Dex (by giving the person who has it a Ditto).

Subsuck
October 23rd, 2010, 02:52 AM
Am i the only one who thinks that it's kinda wierd that Gliscor got Poison Heal? Wouldn't Intimidate make more sense? It's still kinda cool altough it dosen't make up for the fact that he lost Roost this generation, but maybe a set with Leftovers could be usefull if you manage to switch in against a Toxic. Then you get both Leftovers and Poison Heal recovery every turn. Roost would still be better though :(

I also like it that Tangrowth gets Regeneration. He needed it to considering that he lost Synthesis this generation :(

Now lets just hope that these Dream World abilities turn out to be true.

PlatinumDude
October 23rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
Am i the only one who thinks that it's kinda wierd that Gliscor got Poison Heal? Wouldn't Intimidate make more sense? It's still kinda cool altough it dosen't make up for the fact that he lost Roost this generation, but maybe a set with Leftovers could be usefull if you manage to switch in against a Toxic. Then you get both Leftovers and Poison Heal recovery every turn. Roost would still be better though :(

I also like it that Tangrowth gets Regeneration. He needed it to considering that he lost Synthesis this generation :(

Now lets just hope that these Dream World abilities turn out to be true.
Giving Gliscor the Toxic Orb is more reliable than switching it into Toxic.

Also, I can't help but wonder why Delibird got Insomnia as a DW ability. It already has Vital Spirit!

I like the new abilities of the Johto legendary beasts, though (Volt Absorb Raikou, Flash Fire Entei, Water Absorb Suicune).

Subsuck
October 23rd, 2010, 04:21 AM
Giving Gliscor the Toxic Orb is more reliable than switching it into Toxic.

I know. It's just a thought i had. Leftovers + Poison Heal can be effective even if it's hard to do.

Pokemon Champion Red
October 23rd, 2010, 04:38 AM
Life Gamble + Shedinja might see some sort of use. When it's up against a Pokemon with 1 HP left (will be obvious when the opponent hangs on using Sturdy, Endure or Focus Sash), it can use Life Gamble and take the opponent with it. Other than that, it's a lulzy combo.

Sceptile + Unburden is pretty much pointless, IMO, because Sceptile is fast enough already.
Sheddy with Life Gamble just makes a lulzy Pokémon even more lulzy.

Subsuck
October 23rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
I just noticed that Crawdaunt gets the awesome Adaptability. To bad he dosen't get any priority moves. He would have been awesome with Sucker Punch and Aqua Jet. He DOES however get Dragon Dance so maybe he could be an effective sweeper with Waterfall and Crunch.

Devil Flamingo
October 26th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I don't know if this is the right place, but I need to rave about this somewhere...

Oh god, I just found out: Growth raises both offenses two stages under sunlight! Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph, this is so much win for the sad weed that plagues UU and NU, it's not even funny! And of course, it is epic win for many a Grass which are actually good but got better.

But ofc, Nintendo had to be a little beech and cheat Exeggutor out of it; it doesn't get Growth, therefore no awesome NastyPlot-esque move under Chlorophyll. Vileplume and Bellossom cannot learn it either, but Venusaur and Victreebel can (yay for Victreebel? with sun support, her Growth is both a Swords Dance and a Nasty Plot, ha!) and Shiftry, Cherrim and Tangrowth also get to abuse this, haha.

Shiftry and Tangrowth, however, will be, hands down, the best users of the move, thanks to Chlorophyll and having good stats in both offenses (100/90 and 100/110 respectively). After one boost, these guys can fire awesome Trickery (Shiftry) and Earthquake (Tangrowth) and [insert grass move here] which is just epic win. I prefer Shiftry for it, however, due to greater speed under sunlight, and the fact that I'll be too busy using Tangrowth defensively (Regeneration for the win) to consider using it offensively. XD

Oh, and Cherrim? Yeah, just get that little girl growing under the Sun and even with its pathetic 60 attack (increased by Flower Gift, remember?) it will be able to do nice damage, but the better part is going to be abusing Weather Ball and [insert grass move here] under sunlight after one use of Growth. My god, she's going to wreak so much havoc if you manage to get her that stat boost under sunlight, seriously. XD Expect even more Groudon + Cherrim and Ninetales + Cherrim combos this generation, folks.

My favourite, Roserade, also gets it, but it's an inferior user of it compared to Shiftry / Cherrim / Tangrowth. XD She has better things to do.

Naya Rivera
October 26th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I don't know if this is the right place, but I need to rave about this somewhere...

Oh god, I just found out: Growth raises both offenses two stages under sunlight! Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph, this is so much win for the sad weed that plagues UU and NU, it's not even funny! And of course, it is epic win for many a Grass which are actually good but got better.

But ofc, Nintendo had to be a little beech and cheat Exeggutor out of it; it doesn't get Growth, therefore no awesome NastyPlot-esque move under Chlorophyll. Vileplume and Bellossom cannot learn it either, but Venusaur and Victreebel can (yay for Victreebel? with sun support, her Growth is both a Swords Dance and a Nasty Plot, ha!) and Shiftry, Cherrim and Tangrowth also get to abuse this, haha.

Shiftry and Tangrowth, however, will be, hands down, the best users of the move, thanks to Chlorophyll and having good stats in both offenses (100/90 and 100/110 respectively). After one boost, these guys can fire awesome Trickery (Shiftry) and Earthquake (Tangrowth) and [insert grass move here] which is just epic win. I prefer Shiftry for it, however, due to greater speed under sunlight, and the fact that I'll be too busy using Tangrowth defensively (Regeneration for the win) to consider using it offensively. XD

Oh, and Cherrim? Yeah, just get that little girl growing under the Sun and even with its pathetic 60 attack (increased by Flower Gift, remember?) it will be able to do nice damage, but the better part is going to be abusing Weather Ball and [insert grass move here] under sunlight after one use of Growth. My god, she's going to wreak so much havoc if you manage to get her that stat boost under sunlight, seriously. XD Expect even more Groudon + Cherrim and Ninetales + Cherrim combos this generation, folks.

My favourite, Roserade, also gets it, but it's an inferior user of it compared to Shiftry / Cherrim / Tangrowth. XD She has better things to do.

I kinda think everyone knew this.

Everyone is sure Venusaur is going to go to OU because of it. In the sun with his DW ability he gets Nasty plot + Swords dance + Instant Solarbeam + Agility+4

Vader
October 27th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I kinda think everyone knew this.

Everyone is sure Venusaur is going to go to OU because of it. In the sun with his DW ability he gets Nasty plot + Swords dance + Instant Solarbeam + Agility+4

It's nice to see Venusaur (and other Grass types) get some love from Gamefreak finally. Now it won't be the least used starter. :/

I noticed Crawdaunt has adaptability. SD + Waterfall + STAB + Adaptability= Ouchies. Give it Return, and it will have perfect neutral coverage.

Gymnotide
October 27th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Just for fun, I'll ruin Tyranitar's actual uses and run him with Trick Room / Endeavor Rankurus. That being said, Sand Stream got buffed so hard with Sand Throw and Sand Power coming out in this generation.

imevil
October 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM
shedninja is officially unbeatable with life gamble

Vader
October 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Just for fun, I'll ruin Tyranitar's actual uses and run him with Trick Room / Endeavor Rankurus. That being said, Sand Stream got buffed so hard with Sand Throw and Sand Power coming out in this generation.

It (TTar/Sand Stream) makes Doryuuzu a nightmare to face in a sandstorm. :0

Gymnotide
November 11th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I really, really appreciate Giga Drain's power boost. More often than not, it lets my Erufuun get back to full health even on a neutral hit ('cause I'm letting it hold Big Root in-game...). Plus, the added PP is great.

Kura
November 17th, 2010, 07:50 PM
:C Nidoking is still my number one. I shall still adamantly suckerpunch any psychic in my way ;_; <3

インフェルノの津波
November 17th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I love the fact Ttar gets a better Ability. No more Sandstorm!

Also I'm impressed by some moves...

LIKE HYPNOSIS HAS BETTER ACCURACY

Combine that with Gengar, and you gets a troll.

Gymnotide
November 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I love the fact Ttar gets a better Ability. No more Sandstorm!

Also I'm impressed by some moves...

LIKE HYPNOSIS HAS BETTER ACCURACY

Combine that with Gengar, and you gets a troll.

Unfortunately, I don't really see Tension being more useful than Sand Stream in any fashion. Tyranitar is a Rock-type after all and he gets 50% SpDEF to combat Surf, etc.

インフェルノの津波
November 17th, 2010, 09:37 PM
The point is that you won't have to have an anti-sandstorm team if you have Ttar.

Tension at least helps a little, don't get me wrong Sandstorm is good too, but it's a double-edged good. That's why I hesitate to use Ttar, just for that ability.

Vader
November 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM
:C Nidoking is still my number one. I shall still adamantly suckerpunch any psychic in my way ;_; <3

Nidoking certainly got beefed up - Encourage + Life Orb combo really hurts. Even with neutral coverage. plus priority Sucker Punch for more Psychic killing. xD