PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Formatted Site?

_Dean_
October 20th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I hardly am on my computer anymore. Maybe every other day, just because I'm so darn busy with work and studies. I mostly use facebook on the go on my droid.

I used to belong to a forum called Neoseeker and I recently checked back on my phone to find they had a mobile formatted site, which was really nice!

So my question here is how many of us have a smart phone (or internet capable phone) that you use to get on PC and would like to see a mobile formatted site?

Hybrid Trainer
October 20th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Erm. arkward.
there already is one:
Pokecommunity.mobi

_Dean_
October 20th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Eh its still not exactly what I'm talking about. It even says my device isn't supported. :/

Melody
October 20th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Yeah...the mobile support for this site is really more of an afterthought. x3

We have a supposedly "Mobile Friendly" skin or two...but really the only mobile friendly portion of PC is the archive (http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php)...which shows all threads past and current, but in read-only and text only mode...PMs/VMs and such are not supported...you can only see what's in the threads.

I really feel that some attention needs to be directed to the .mobi site itself. Perhaps finding a better mobile site provider or something? We definitely need to keep up with supporting all devices if we're gonna run a mobile site. x3

I'm thinking on any phone running the Android OS, you should be able to render the full version of PC just fine...it's just a matter of choosing a lightweight skin for PC on your device. (I suggest PokeGeneric or PC Pro or one of it's colorful variants)

_Dean_
October 20th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I am totally able to run the full site its just Mega lagging. D:

WonderGirl
October 20th, 2010, 07:35 AM
I go on PC with my BB (BlackBerry) lots of times, and it would have been cool if they made a mobile-friendly theme, though my awesome BB has no problems with that >:D

Gallaceon
October 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Mobile version of this site is cool, but its useless for me because i am most of the time online

Cherrim
October 20th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I know someone installed one meant mainly for the iPhone a while ago but it either stopped working or was deleted because I don't see it anymore (and it didn't work on my old mobile phone to boot).

:( I've got an Android phone and .mobi tells me the same thing (except in Spanish, wtf?). I wouldn't mind adding a mobile theme either but I actually have no idea where to find something like that. @_@ And last time it came up Steve said we should make it ourselves but I don't see the point, haha.

_Dean_
October 20th, 2010, 09:50 AM
The point would be for your loving members on mobile devices. :D

Even right now as I type the words don't even show up until about every fifth word or so.