PDA

View Full Version : [Weekly Poll] "Smugleaf" as Tsutaaja's English name [ #4 ]

Forever
October 24th, 2010, 06:21 AM
[css-div=padding:10px;]How would you feel if "Smugleaf" was the English name for Tsutaaja?

★ Happy?
★ Annoyed?
★ No opinion?

Time for a poll that strays away from the poll ideas we've had in previous weeks. This one is just a light "what if" kind of poll and by no means confirmed to be the English name. But! Since Smugleaf has been the most popular fan-made name for the B/W Pokemon, we figured this would bring up some interesting opinions.

If you have any poll ideas, feel free to PM Kaori or myself with them. We may not use them the following week after you have suggested them, but we're likely to consider them in the near future.
[/css-div]

mervyn797
October 24th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Who came up with that name? >____> I need a better name for such an adorable Pokemon like Tsutaja! :>

PlatinumDude
October 24th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I don't care if Tsutarja's English name turns out to be Smugleaf. Smugleaf is a cool name, but I'm thinking that GameFreak may have their own ideas.

Amai
October 24th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I would laugh so hard.

YES

ALittleDizzy
October 24th, 2010, 10:22 AM
It's really a tough call on how much I care about these new pokes. From what I've seen some of them just look really overly goofy

Venusaur♣
October 24th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I'd be annoyed, I mean seriously, who wants a Pokemon named Smugleaf?

©ereal Killer
October 24th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Who came up with that name?

^This

;_______;

Wow, if it were Smugleaf... I'd die... of laughter of course...

I mean seriously? Smugleaf?? D:

Musician of Literature
October 24th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Smugleaf sounds like an extremely ugly name... It says it's a grass snake pokemon on serebii, so lets see... Verslide (Snakes slide on the ground and we are talking about grass, ver is the root for green

MrsNorrington
October 24th, 2010, 12:26 PM
His name is NOT Smugleaf! I'm so sick and tired of hearing that HORRIBLE name. His name is TSUTARJA! He's one of my top favourite Pokemon of Generation 5.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
October 24th, 2010, 12:43 PM
His name is NOT Smugleaf! I'm so sick and tired of hearing that HORRIBLE name. His name is TSUTARJA! He's one of my top favourite Pokemon of Generation 5.
We know that but it's a fan nickname, and besides we are talking about it's english name not it's Japanese name which we all know :)
I don't care if that was it's name as I'm nicknaming mine Snivy :)

Perrie ✿
October 24th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I would hate it if he got that as an English name .__.

Buuuutttt Ima nickname mine Tsutsy anyway :D

JP
October 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I don't really have an opinion on it. I wouldn't mind it, but I also wouldn't mind a different name lol.

Kamigoroshi
October 24th, 2010, 02:28 PM
In my opinion both the Pokemon and NPC names should remain with their orginal Japanese names, for every foreign release. Renaming them for different languages is unneeded and most of all unwanted. Nintendo/GAMEFREAK really should learn from this ever repeating mistake!

Kevin
October 24th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Who made the name up? =| Anyways I don't think it matters, really. 0_o

Though smug sounds awfully wrong to me, and so... Yeah... Hope it doesn't end up being called "Smug"leaf. And yeah, I dunno the definition of smug, though I don't want to, xP

AceDragonite
October 24th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Ugh, I can't stand that name, but there's no way that's going to happen, idk where that name even came from inb4 4chan

MrsNorrington
October 24th, 2010, 02:57 PM
We know that but it's a fan nickname, and besides we are talking about it's english name not it's Japanese name which we all know :)
I don't care if that was it's name as I'm nicknaming mine Snivy :)

I know that lol! But this poll is asking about our opinion on his nickname, and that's my opinion. I really despise that nickname.

dragon0fangz
October 24th, 2010, 04:50 PM
i know it won't, but Every person who has a Tsutarja will probably call it Smugleaf anyways.

Ooka
October 24th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Lol, Smugleaf = Win

For real, if it's the English name I'll use it.

MrsNorrington
October 24th, 2010, 05:36 PM
i know it won't, but Every person who has a Tsutarja will probably call it Smugleaf anyways.

Why would they? Tsutarja isn't difficult to pronounce. And if it is, then calling Taja works. In the anime when Tsutarja talks he says "Taja" it's very simple.

I have this Pokemon, but I'll never call it Smugleaf.

Logiedan
October 24th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I would say 'Yes Please.'
I'd probably be even more than 'Yes Please.' if they taken the name from the 'meme' and haven't thought about it at all.

Fushigidane-Chan
October 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I would like it. For the lols, of course, but I also do think it's a rather cool name. It rolls off the tongue.

Besides, if it isn't named Smugleaf (and it won't, unfortunately), I'll nickname my Tsutaja that anyway.

ManhattanTheStarr
October 24th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Ugh, this name is so poorly made... It looks smug, and has a leaf on its tail. ALL THEY DID WAS COMBINE THE TWO WORDS! (inb4almosteverypokemon'snameisjusttwowordsputtogether...)

But seriously, it's such an ugly name, IMO. If it IS the English name (lol, definitely not gonna happen) then Nintendo (Game Freak?) was definitely searching up web memes. T_T

Ynfiniti8
October 25th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Nooooo thank you. Even though mine shall be named Bullet (And he shall be Epicyness) instead of using the actual name, if they chose this, I would seriously drop my opinions of Gamefreak name-wise.

A Pixy
October 25th, 2010, 03:15 AM
OHMAHGAWD YES.

GIVE ME SMUGLEAF. SMUG SMUGLEAF IS THE SMUGGIEST SMUGGER THAT EVER SMUGGED A SMUG.

MrsNorrington
October 25th, 2010, 05:13 AM
As much as I hate the name Smugleaf for Tsutarja, my friend came up with one for Pokabu that is far worse: Piggyboo.

I dont know about you guys, but because of these horrible fan names I'm kinda terrified of seeing what the English names will be. I'm praying that they keep the Japanese names.....

Thank god we can nickname our Pokemon!

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 25th, 2010, 05:44 AM
The ol' Ninty? They'd more likely go with a name that actually works the same way as the Japanese name does. "Smugleaf" is my no means anywhere near similar in meaning to "Tsutaaja", so it can butt off. (So can "Wotter".)

And no, I wouldn't like it either.

twistedpuppy
October 25th, 2010, 06:01 AM
It makes no difference to me. I've never been upset over the choice of name for a pokémon. But then again this is the first time I have been deeply disappointed with many of the pokémon designs featured in this generation, so there is a possible chance they could use a lackluster name such as "Smugleaf" to name Tsutarja.

Åzurε
October 25th, 2010, 06:08 AM
I don't like it for the actual name. It feels like doing so would be stepping on the meme-appreciating communities' collective toes, in addition to being uncharacteristic of Nintendo. Smugleaf is almost dead for me anyways. Ever since the evolutions were revealed, it just... sorta died.

I miss the overuse of Smugleaf more than I would miss Over 9000 or What Is This I Don't Even.

★EP!K★
October 25th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I don't really mind if its named Smugleaf but I do admit it would be a quite uncreative name.

Alli
October 25th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I would still name it Taaja because I dislike the name Smugleaf. Now, if Seed bby were to be Churine's name, I would not mind at all!

Myles
October 25th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Ugh. That name has made me cringe every time I've read it since I first saw it. :/

Cyberglass
October 25th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I hate the name, mostly because it makes no reference to the fact that Tsutaja is a snake, which I consider much more of a defining characteristic than whatever "smugness" he may have.

Hopeless Masquerade
October 25th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Ugh. That name has made me cringe every time I've read it since I first saw it. :/

I completely agree with this statement. I am completely horrified by "Smugleaf."

otakulily
October 25th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Just watch. Nintendo is going to come up with some ridiculously stupid name as always and you're going to wish it was named Smugleaf.

In any case, I couldn't care less what its name turns out to be. It's not going to make me like Tsutaaja any more or less, though I actually don't find the name to be as unfitting as everyone else seems to think. I perfectly understand how it can be seen as "smug", more so than Tentacool is cool, or Bidoof is, well, a doof.

TwilightBlade
October 25th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah, NO. I would be fairly disappointed if any BW English name was like Smugleaf... Too basic words. Besides, Nuzleaf and Leafeon have leaf. Come up with some other grass word, doods. :(

Itstoppedatumbreon
October 25th, 2010, 01:54 PM
i dont care, im nicknaming mine smugleaf anyway AND GAMEFREAK CANT STOP ME

DragonsFire128
October 25th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I hate the name, mostly because it makes no reference to the fact that Tsutaja is a snake, which I consider much more of a defining characteristic than whatever "smugness" he may have.

OBJECTION!! Chikorita is not a chick. The name "Piplup" does not say "Penguin" to me. And "Mudkip" just sounds like it enjoys playing in mud. Not all starters' names reference a defining characteristic, and they don't have to. I think you should base your opinion of pokemons' names on whether or not they sound cool. Besides, if you don't like the name then you can nickname your pokemon. So you can call your Tsutarja "Serpentus" or something if you choose. That's probably why that option was added. That's what I do when I don't like pokemon names. For example, I don't like the name "Marowak" so I named my Marowak "Bones." I know it seems unoriginal but I like it. On top of all of this, Tsutarja evolves into it's second form at level 16 so you probably won't have to live with "Smugleaf" for too long.

As for my opinion of the name it sounds cool and fitting for a first form starter. I'll be happy with almost any name they decide to give Tsutarja, and even if I don't like the name he gets, it will only have that name for 11 levels before he evolves and I can always change his name.

PS Sorry this post is so long. I just wanted to explain a point. No hard feelings Cyberglass. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to be mean and if it does sorry.

Myles
October 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Chikorita is a chicory and Mudkip is a mudskipper. Although I do agree, what matters is whether or not it sounds good. And I don't like Smugleaf.

Forever
October 25th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I never actually stated my opinion on this. Pretty much no. If it's Smugleaf, I'll be really disappointed because... it's pretty much impossible and the worst name choice out of all the Tsutaaja nicknames. Whenever people say "Smuggy", I just cringe. :(

King Gumball
October 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I would be annoyed if Smugleaf became Tsutarja's English name. I never really liked that name anyway, and it is now way too over used. And it reminds me of Nuzleaf, whom I hate. I hope they come up with a more creative name.

Bluerang1
October 26th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Leavi! Leavi! Leavi!

Whatever it is, I'll be calling mine Leavi <3

Chord
October 27th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I would laugh so hard.

YES

This. Although I was going to name mine Smugleaf, I went with a simple name instead

Cataclysmic
October 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I doubt they'll actually use the name Smugleaf, but I don't guess I'd mind it if they did.

vaporeon7
October 28th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Sounds like something I'd nickname my Nuzleaf.

tkallab
October 28th, 2010, 04:37 AM
If his name is gonna be Smugleaf then there'll probably be some smartbottom who'll make the Smuglocke Challenge. ...Don't look at me now.

But yeah, it's a stupid name. Something with snake in the name would be better. I hope his name is gonna have 'vine' in it, because he's a green vine snake, vine has something to do with the grass type, and it could be corrupted with venom, a snake's poison.
Like Vinom. XD

Shuckle>You
October 28th, 2010, 05:24 AM
If GF come up with English names as disappointing as some of the 5th generation pokemon, then the name Smugleaf would be great! It would be pretty funny as well.

However, thinking about it, it doesn't roll of the toung. G and L just don't seem to work. To be honest, Ivley would be a good name for me, as people seem to be obsessed with including Ivy in the name, and it looks like it may be quite lively ;)

Koh
October 28th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Seriously, who started the SmugLeaf chain? It's not so appealing as everyone makes it sound.

Esper
October 28th, 2010, 07:14 AM
No. No. No. NO. That is not a creative enough name. It's just two words next to each other without any attempt to mix them. If that name gets used they may as well go with Hotpig for Pokabu and Sadshell for Mijumaru because they would be just as good bad.

fenyx4
October 28th, 2010, 09:16 AM
No. No. No. NO. That is not a creative enough name. It's just two words next to each other without any attempt to mix them. If that name gets used they may as well go with Hotpig for Pokabu and Sadshell for Mijumaru because they would be just as good bad.

Well, "Smugleaf" should consider itself lucky, then! :cer_laugh: Some Pokemon only get one noun/verb/adjective to their name without any changes! Gloom, Golem, Ditto, Mew...

Anyway, I'm still undecided. Perhaps it could be left as Tsutarja... :\

Guy
October 28th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Smugleaf is so unoriginal. Taking its smug look and the leaf on its tail together is something pretty much anyone can come up with; probably explains why it caught on so quickly. If it were to be dubbed that name, then yeah, I'd be disappointed. :\

Ninja Caterpie
October 29th, 2010, 03:23 AM
I'd lol, definitely. I'd crack up, maybe. But I'd also cringe. Ninty, Ninty, Ninty...

But they deffs need to call Daikenki Samurai Dialga Narwhal with a Beard.

Charizard203
October 29th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'd be really annoyed at the stupid Pokemon Company because Tsutarja is awesome and no offense Smugleaf is a sucky name

Myles
October 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Well, "Smugleaf" should consider itself lucky, then! :cer_laugh: Some Pokemon only get one noun/verb/adjective to their name without any changes! Gloom, Golem, Ditto, Mew...

Anyway, I'm still undecided. Perhaps it could be left as Tsutarja... :\

Yeah but they still flow well. If Meowth were called like 'Cat'. That wouldn't.

Kaori
October 30th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I never really thought Smugleaf had much thought and creativity used for an English name to Tsutaja, so I would be pretty disappointed if it were to be named that. I do however would like to know if the name GameFreak will come up with (if not Smugleaf) will be any better, as I'm hoping so, although I highly doubt it would end up being Smugleaf anyway. Smugleaf is basically just a theory created by someone out of appearance that caught on to others. It's too generic for my liking as well, but I am eager to find out the real English name it will turn out to have, and if it will be a step up or down towards the name Smugleaf. If Tsutaja's English name does end up becoming Smugleaf, I'd be a bit shocked at first, but also disappointed at GameFreak's ingenuity. ;\

kohei
October 31st, 2010, 08:53 AM
I never really like English Pokemon names, but Smugleaf is... it sounds like something fan-created.

tkallab
October 31st, 2010, 09:58 AM
It is fan created, actually.

King Syn
October 31st, 2010, 10:03 AM
Honestly, if they named it Smugleaf in the English version, I would so buy it just for that.

PsychoJigglypuff
October 31st, 2010, 10:06 AM
I'd just be like "Hah, seriously?" and then I wouldn't really care about it anymore. It's not a huge deal for me, really.

Blue Nocturne
October 31st, 2010, 11:35 AM
It wouldn't bother me that much, as Smugleaf would become a Janovy pretty quickly, then I don't ever need to bother with the name again, like I never bother with Magmar now I have a lovely Magmortar. It would annoy me a little to find that Game Freak actually used a fan name, and a pretty poor one at that. I would be less (or not at all) disappointed if they use Pignition or Emboar for the fire piggies, but smugleaf... No. Just... no.

BleuVII
November 1st, 2010, 02:16 AM
Whoah people. Down. It's just a name!

Smugleaf is actually a very good fan name... one that is better than some "official" names. Some of the names I've seen thrown around, like Snivy (get it? snake + ivy LOLZ) are just unwieldy. Smugleaf is easy to remember, quickly identifies the pokemon in question, and flows really well. I don't LOVE the name, but I wouldn't be disappointed by it. The only name that I would be really disappointed with would be "Wotter."

As for those who are saying "keep the Japanese." Well, honestly... go play the Japanese game. I'm playing it now, and I love it. But Pokemon has always had plays on words for the names of its monsters, and to leave them untranslated makes it REALLY easy to miss that.

Or are you still convinced that Squirtle's name is Zenigame?

Devil Flamingo
November 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM
Smugleaf is a cool name, but it's not going to be its English name, so there's no point in discussing it, XD.

AshPikastar
November 1st, 2010, 10:48 AM
Smugleaf actually isn't a really bad name. Too bad it won't be the name though.

Zorua
November 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I missed this. D:

But no, I really don't think Smugleaf should be Tsutaaja's english name. To be quite brief and frank, it just doesn't fit it at all. Although it's fine and some people may have grown used to the name, I feel that, game-wise, it just wouldn't fit, so it really shouldn't be called that. I'm just hoping Gamefreak calls it anything(better) but that, really.

tobi-ksla
November 10th, 2010, 04:29 AM
I answered, "Doesn't matter to me," because of these reasons:

1) "Smugleaf" sounds like a cool name, but I wouldn't mind if they gave it another name.

and

2)i know it won't, but Every person who has a Tsutarja will probably call it Smugleaf anyways.
^ That

hack1
November 10th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Yes please. If not, I will name my Tsutaaja Smugleaf anyeay. But yes please!

sasukeanditachi
November 10th, 2010, 05:12 PM
PLEASE NO! I have been hating this fan name since it started, I would be PISSED if they did this!

November 10th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I'm kind of getting tired of the fan name myself...it's just not as great as it used to be...

Kirbychu
November 10th, 2010, 06:45 PM
You guys act like everything in Black and White isn't goofy anyways. It's a children;s game, the names aren't really that important. We also have the marvelous nickname feature.

It would be a triumph. The Smugleaf meme now rivals "So I herd you liek Mudkips" in terms of popularity. Seeing it as the official name would be incredible! Any other name just wouldn't be the same. The thing that's so marvelous is that it's a name that the fanbase came up with jokingly, seeing the developers actually use it would be wonderful. Either way, the Pokemon will probably always be know as Smugleaf. It's inevitable that many people will be naming their smug grass snake Smugleaf anyways.

Zeph.
November 11th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Smugleaf is one of the worst names I've heard for anything, ever.

Plus I'm sure Gamefreak already have an English name planned.

yung_link
November 11th, 2010, 06:33 AM
i doubt Gamefreak will give it that name, mainly because it'd be obvious that they got it from the fans. they seem more creative than that...plus then fans might try to manipulate other pokemon's names D:

aguinn99
November 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I know I voted I dont care,but now I think smugleaf is almost as bad as jinx:http://pokemon.supercheats.com/artwork/124.pngthe name, and it might look as bad based on the name.it could almost be as bad as...see for yourself,becuese I will not say anything about this freak except that its a freak.http://ui21.gamespot.com/1716/mime_2.jpg

Xatumi
November 11th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Reptail + Royalte + Majestile

Those are my choices.

Reptile + Royal/Majesty

November 11th, 2010, 12:16 PM

Those are my choices.

Reptile + Royal/Majesty
Reptile sounds like Sceptile ... ah don't give ammunition to those who call Tsutarja a Treeco clone Gf...

Blaziquaza
November 11th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I coudn't care less, I'll be nicknaming mine Viper anyway. :D

TheArtist4merlyKnownAsLex
November 11th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I don't care if Tsutarja's English name turns out to be Smugleaf. Smugleaf is a cool name, but I'm thinking that GameFreak may have their own ideas.

This is my opinion as well. It would be nice, but it probably won't happen...

Livewire
November 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM

Those are my choices.

Reptile + Royal/Majesty

I like those, a lot. :D Makes sense to me, given the flavor info on that line.

Oh btw

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/060/742/original/Smugleaf-i-am-a-pokemon-with-a-popped-collar-Your-argument-is-invalid.jpg?1279763456

Maxim
November 11th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Smugleaf is okay.

But I hate the name Wotter. It's so childish and idiotic.

I can live with Smugleaf, but if Mijumaru ends up being "Wotter" then I'm gonna be butthurt.

Petemon
November 13th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Smugleaf hmmn it sounds like a treeko if im honest but i do think its a happy version of treeko i wouldn't mind it being called smugleaf

Halcyon
November 13th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Nope, I would object. But not to a large extent.
If it turns out to be 'Smugleaf', I really don't mind and I'll get used to it after a while.

Gumball Watterson
November 13th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Honestly, if the name really did become Smugleaf...

That'd be the most freakin cool thing Nintendo of America has ever done. I really wish it could be Smugleaf, because that's the name that really stuck already.

And if it is different, I'm still gonna call it Smugleaf~

Arc
November 13th, 2010, 09:19 PM
If Nintendo deemed Smugleaf as Tsutaaja's Official English name. I would cry joyful manly tears.

Yuoaman
November 13th, 2010, 11:43 PM
I like those, a lot. :D Makes sense to me, given the flavor info on that line.

Oh btw

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/060/742/original/Smugleaf-i-am-a-pokemon-with-a-popped-collar-Your-argument-is-invalid.jpg?1279763456

But it isn't a popped collar...

It's a Fleur de lis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur-de-lis), a symbol of French nobility.

Meduza
November 13th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Let's just put it this way.

Any person I battle with a Tsutarja named Smugleaf, I will be disconnecting and never giving it a second thought >_>

Yuoaman
November 13th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Let's just put it this way.

Any person I battle with a Tsutarja named Smugleaf, I will be disconnecting and never giving it a second thought >_>

Because you're petty...?

Just because someone likes a certain name is no reason to do something like that...

Nakuzami
November 14th, 2010, 07:52 AM
OK, I instantly fell in love with Tsutaaja. The fan names for any of the pokemon never caught up to me. I honestly got confused when people started using them =/

If they made Tsutaaja's english name Smugleaf, i'd shoot myself and have a "Smugleaf" named Kaa...

Superjub
November 14th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I like Smugleaf. :> I think it really fits him, and it also sounds good (in my opinion.) :)
Boarbeque better be Pokabu's English name. <3 <3 <3

Rettan
November 15th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Smugleaf?!?!
I like Tsutaaja too much for it to be insulted with that name D:
Hope Pokemon USA has a little more creativity

Meduza
November 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Because you're petty...?

Just because someone likes a certain name is no reason to do something like that...

I'm not petty and don't insult me pelase.

Forever
November 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'm not petty and don't insult me pelase.

Just before this "discussion" continues, if you both have anything further to say, relate it to the original thread topic.

Pikachu fan
November 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I don't like the name Smugleaf, so NO they shouldn't call it Smugleaf.
BUT, Wotter is an awesome name for Mijumaru, they should use that one.
but, not Smugleaf for Tsutarja, no no no no NO!!!

Gymnotide
November 15th, 2010, 09:32 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/otjfbr.png
If she weren't so smug, maybe I'd be against it.

Shadow Ball
November 15th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I don't like the name... but I'm not really fond of the pokemon either, so it doesn't matter much to me.

ponpasdejabon
November 19th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Puajjjj! i dont like "Smugleaf" for Tstuaaja, it's like "Smeargle + Leaf = Smugleaf??" i hope Tstuaaja english Name can be EVERY nname of the world, exepting Smugleaf.... It's Sounds like "Nose with something GREEN in it..."

I like (forTstuaaja...) a name like... i dont known, but NOT Smugleaf

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 19th, 2010, 01:09 PM
If Smugleaf was the English name of that Pokemon, then that would mean that I would automatically switch my chooser to a grass type rather than a water type like I have been doing for years xD

Anyways, it wouldn't matter to me because one: i nickname all of my Pokemon and two: the Pokemon name doesn't matter; it's how the preform in battle that matters the most.....besides Purugly has a weird name and I don't judge it but it is in fact ugly xD

:t354:TG

November 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Well we will all know what it's name is soon as they are going to reveal it on the 22nd I believe :)

Yuoaman
November 20th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Puajjjj! i dont like "Smugleaf" for Tstuaaja, it's like "Smeargle + Leaf = Smugleaf??" i hope Tstuaaja english Name can be EVERY nname of the world, exepting Smugleaf.... It's Sounds like "Nose with something GREEN in it..."

I like (forTstuaaja...) a name like... i dont known, but NOT Smugleaf

How does it have anything to do with Smeargle? If you looked at any discussion prior to this you would recognize that it's named that because Tsutarja has the appearance of being smug or haughty. It's a literal Smug Snake.

BlooMilk C.
November 20th, 2010, 01:47 PM
How does it have anything to do with Smeargle? If you looked at any discussion prior to this you would recognize that it's named that because Tsutarja has the appearance of being smug or haughty. It's a literal Smug Snake.
That changed my mind for me. I realized that the name fits for its appearance.

Shiny Gardevoir
November 20th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Now that I think of it... If you don't like the name, you can always nick name XD.
I hope it's not Smugleaf though... Please...

Tropical Sunlight
November 20th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Heh, tomorrow we'll see.
I'd like the name to be Smugleaf, but quite frankly, I don't think it's going to happen.

TJgamer
November 21st, 2010, 12:10 AM
I don't really care......much.
I slightly lean towards no.
Smugleaf is okay, but I would prefer something better.

Prometheus
November 21st, 2010, 04:45 AM
Its a good name and reminds me of Turtwig.

Binary
November 21st, 2010, 05:04 AM
I'd like some more options for Tsutaaja's English name. Heck, I'd just call it Tsutaaja no matter what it's English name is. So, no. thanks. aye.

miltankRancher
November 21st, 2010, 05:12 AM
I like smugleaf! Seems to be an appropriate name for Tsutaaja.

But Tropical Sunlight is right, maybe Smugleaf wouldn't see the light of day. Sigh...

But, I'll nickame him, yes, that's what I'll do!

Smugleaf!

pokeaziz16
November 21st, 2010, 07:04 AM
in my opinion, that name is horrible:s

fenyx4
November 22nd, 2010, 03:25 AM
Hmm...since the Isshu starter Pokemon names are being announced today (I've missed a slew of Bulbapedia news! Darn RuneScape!), I might as well comment in here before the reveal. Personally, I think I'd dislike it if Smugleaf were Tsutarja's actual English name. I really love the fanmade moniker, but not as the actual name though... It would ruin the meme (and partially the Pokemon's "presence") for me...

Though I'm hoping that somehow the term "Smugleaf" could be slipped into the English BW releases in some way...maybe as an offhand mention of Tsutarja or something? :D

Forever
November 22nd, 2010, 08:04 AM
For once, a weekly poll is actually being locked. Basically, it has served its purpose, and considering we'll most likely get the English starter names soon (and even if we don't get them today), you can discuss your thoughts on whether it should be Smugleaf or not in the English name speculation thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=228429).~

http://i51.tinypic.com/24mrgva.png