PDA

View Full Version : Guilty pleasures?

Gold warehouse
October 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Do you feel guilty for liking particular bands/movies/TV shows/whatever?

For music, I don't feel guilty about enjoying anything. I admit some of the music I listen to i bad music, but I just enjoy it all the same without feeling guilty at all. If people don't like it then they can get lost, music is all about enjoyment not about listening to something just for credibility.

For movies, I have one guilty pleasure. Romeo + Juliet because it's so corny and pretentious. I can't help feeling guilty over corny romance films.

All the TV shows I like are just awesome so there's no need to feel guilt there.

Your turn.

Alinthea
October 25th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Not really buddy.
Luckly, I only like cool things :P

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!
October 25th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Guilty pleasures. Hm...
-Gossip Girl
-Pet names
-Singing when I'm home alone
-Beauty and the Beast
-Ludacris (Shhhh! XD)

Eliminator Jr.
October 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Well, I listen to Nickelback sometimes.

JUST KIDDING

But in all seriousness, I don't have any shame in anything I listen to. Of course, you feel a bit embarrassed when somebody's looking through your iPod and sees something like Lisa Mitchell which is pretty pop-ish with female vocals, but bands like those certainly aren't guilty pleasures, I'm happy to admit I like them. As for movies, my favourite movie is The Bucket List and I've got no problem saying that. I'm happy with what I listen to.

Ayselipera
October 25th, 2010, 07:22 PM
For movies, I have one guilty pleasure. Romeo + Juliet because it's so corny and pretentious. I can't help feeling guilty over corny romance films.

Shoot out/fight scene in the beginning was thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm sort of searching my head right now for some true guilty pleasures of mine, but I can't seem to think of any. Actually come to think of it I really like Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, but I'm horribly embarrassed when anyone watches it with me. ...Yeah, it's a definite for guilty pleasure of mine. Sad to say~

As for music I'll openly say what I listen to without any bad feelings coming about. A.K.A. Peter Paul and Mary Puff the Magic Dragon. Same goes for shows.

Fernando
October 25th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Well, I definitely don't have many guilty pleasures when it comes to music I don't feel guilty at all however(I kind of feel guilty watching), Skins, a really enjoyable show I just love and the acting is amazing I can't wait for the U.S.A. series to premiere on MTV in January.

Forever
October 25th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Justin Bieber? :x I like some of his songs and due to the opinions of the fans...XD; Same for Miley Cyrus, idk, the public's general thoughts about them sort of make me feel guilty for liking some of that music.

Weeaboo Name
October 25th, 2010, 11:14 PM
My music taste is awesome as is my taste in tv/movies/anime/manga so no idon't feel guilty about it. Hmmm Saying that i wouldn't want to watch a lot of the anime i've seen with family :L.

Prometheus
October 26th, 2010, 03:51 AM
WWE PPV, My mum thinks its stealing because after it happens they replay it for FREE.

Gold warehouse
October 26th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Actually come to think of it I really like Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, but I'm horribly embarrassed when anyone watches it with me. ...Yeah, it's a definite for guilty pleasure of mine. Sad to say~

What. There are people that don't like Ace Ventura? I thought that was a film that was universally liked. People have awful opinions these days.

Well, I listen to Nickelback sometimes.

JUST KIDDING
Wouldn't be able to live that one down if it was true.

I sometimes listen to Linkin Park. I have no shame.

PlatinumDude
October 26th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I feel guilty for liking Japanese songs because not everyone can understand them (I don't). I only like them because of the rhythm they bring.

Avey
October 26th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I've never really confessed that I listen to Celine Dion...

Agent Clank
October 26th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I don't have any guilty pleasures, because all the stuff I watch/listen to is enjoyable and I don't feel guilty when I listen to it/watch it.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 26th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I have a guilty pleasure. The Secret Life of the American Teenager. :(

As for my taste in music, I have such a diverse thirst for sound, it pretty much makes it so that I can't have a guilty pleasure with listening to anything.

dannichols
November 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Well, I did have some.

Like going to see Alvin And The Chipmunks (The first one, not the second one) in theatres.

Going to see Hannah Montanna the movie in theatres.

And listening to some Hannah Montanna songs. Mostly the ones I like.

Sydian
November 15th, 2010, 01:25 PM
For music:

I like screamo and pop and RAP and there's nothing you can do about it.

For TV:

I watch Hannah Montana and enjoy it. -hair flip-

Etc:

I love dancing and baton twirling and once again, nothin you can do bout it. ;)

Yuoaman
November 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM
...the Inheritance Cycle - jeez that's some bad fantasy writing, but I can't stop reading it... It's a sickness.

Stratos99
November 15th, 2010, 06:08 PM
The Harry Potter Series. Granted I'm sure a lot of people here enjoy it as well I'd never go around irl telling people about it. I have every book and movie that's been released and I plan to see The Deathly Hallows asap, most likely opening weekend if not opening day in the US.

Yuoaman
November 16th, 2010, 12:43 AM
The Harry Potter Series. Granted I'm sure a lot of people here enjoy it as well I'd never go around irl telling people about it. I have every book and movie that's been released and I plan to see The Deathly Hallows asap, most likely opening weekend if not opening day in the US.

That's your guilty pleasure? I haven't met a person who didn't like Harry Potter at least a little.

Peeky Chew
November 16th, 2010, 02:01 AM
...the Inheritance Cycle - jeez that's some bad fantasy writing, but I can't stop reading it... It's a sickness.No it's not, it's brilliant!
Hello Kitty.

EmeraldSerenade
November 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM
....Korean/Japanese Music..

oh,
and i like watching b... NEVERMIND

Purple Materia
November 18th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Lucky Star. >_>

A lot of people flag male fans of Lucky Star as pedophiles... when it's a cute and innocent show.

Kura
November 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Dr. Who is pretty nerdy since it's all Scifi.. but I love it!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 19th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Pretty Cure (magical girl anime).
Most of the mid to late 1980's pop/romance music I listen to.
I think that's it. The TV shows I watch are hardly guilty pleasure material (America's Most Wanted, Forensic Files, etc.)