PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: YouTube Videos on Profile

Massacre.
October 25th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I've just noticed that my YT video doesn't work. I've seen other members videos, and they work, I embedded it right, the way PC works, and not to mention me embedding it on another forum site using VB3. What is this?

Timbjerr
October 25th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Did you change the "v=" in the url into a "v/"?

That's the most common mistake I see regarding embedding youtube videos.

Failing that, are you even sure that the user that posted the video hasn't disabled embedding?

Massacre.
October 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Did you change the "v=" in the url into a "v/"?

That's the most common mistake I see regarding embedding youtube videos.

Failing that, are you even sure that the user that posted the video hasn't disabled embedding?

I don't know, but I know they haven't disabled embedding. I'll try again, as right clicking shows "video loading" as it's just a gray box.

EDIT - It still stays a gray box.

Melody
October 25th, 2010, 05:32 PM
You might want to clear out your cache, history and related browser settings just to be sure. Attempt loading the video on a PC profile in a different browser or on a different PC and make sure it's not just an incorrectly configured browser or plugin.

Noah Ridgewood
October 25th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I checked your profile through the mod CP. It has v=W2i237xj2Mk still. I can't edit member profiles through the mod CP, but that is indeed your problem.

Embedding is enabled in the video on YouTube. Change it to v/W2i237xj2Mk in your profile page, hit save, refresh, and there you go!

Massacre.
October 26th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Thanks Patchy! Mods please close this :)