PDA

View Full Version : [Script] Game Maker: RPG Dialog Script

rm2kdude
October 28th, 2010, 08:35 PM
THIS IS THE OLD VERSION, THE NEWER VERSION IS APART OF MY RPG ENGINE. This as it stands is perfect for Pokemon

Features:
- Highlighted faces, highlights the face that's talking.
- Letter by Letter
- Finish pointer, can be animated.
- Specified colored text
- Display Name

The next version I want to feature:
- Menu choices
- Icons inside text(this is just a maybe, this really only seen in Zelda like games)
- Final Fantasy like Comic text (will probably just display static images as that's all they are, FF7/8/9 all used static, it was not fluid) Also saves me but loads of time.
Download Ver. 1A (http://rpgdev.org/downloads/game_maker/tutorials/rpg_text_box.gmk)

Arma
October 29th, 2010, 03:57 AM
I don't use game maker, but it'd seems like a must have if your planning to make a pokemon game with it.

shouldn't this be up the resource center?

Poeman
October 29th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Elarmasecreta, if you're making a pokémon game and can't make your own dialog system, there is a bigger issue.

Anyways, it would be cool to see some screens because I don't plan to use this so I'm not downloading it :P

rm2kdude
October 29th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I don't use game maker, but it'd seems like a must have if your planning to make a pokemon game with it.

shouldn't this be up the resource center?

This is just one peice of the puzzle, you need to know how to create poke_actors. Since Pokemon is different than standard rpgs you needs to learn to use variables, but actually a pokemon game actually and probably is easier than standard rpg actor coding.

var poke_id, caught_id, name, hp, hpmax, sp, spmax, exp, expnext, poke_type;

// poke example
if poke_id = 25 {
if caught_id < = 0 {
caught_id = 1;
show_dialog("Congradulations, you captured a Pikachu!")
scr_call_poke_naming();
}
else {
caught_id += 1;
show_dialog("You already caught this pokemon, would you like to keep it?")
scr_yes_no();
}
}

for setting stat's it's simple.
caught_id.name = "Pikachu";
caught_id.hp = 20;
caught_id.hpmax = hp;

get the idea.