PDA

View Full Version : What category does your dream job fit in?

PGN
November 28th, 2004, 01:36 PM
...Out of the above choices...

Mine would be Video Games because I want to work for nintendo when I get older

Examples of jobs for each catogory:

Video Games-
Video Game Programmer
Video Games Graphic Artist
Video Game Storyline writer

Computers-
Computer Programmer
Computer Program Beta Tester

Health-
Doctor
Nurse
Dentist

Magazines:
Writer
Graphic Artist
Editor

...You get the point right?

Claire
November 28th, 2004, 01:39 PM
My dream job would be presenting animal documentaries all over the world ^^ im a total animal lover
But im heading for a job in HR (Human Resources) *Sigh*

Eliana
November 28th, 2004, 01:41 PM
...Everything. XD I want to be like 23 things...
The only thing I dont wanna do is Medical!

Carlito-san
November 28th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I wanna either be an military enginer or a video game designer/programmer. : :classic:

November 28th, 2004, 01:51 PM
My job falls under... nothing. I wanna be a test subject for private millitary experiments!

Kayleigh
November 28th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I love animals so I'm definitely going to work with them some day! My favorite kinds are dolphins, particularly the orca and bottlenose kind.

I've been thinking about exactly what I'd like to do once I'm older, and I'm almost certain that I want to work at Discovery Cove with bottlenose dolphins. I used to want to work with orcas, but now that I think about it I don't think that would be the best job for me. My mom even said that she could really picture me working with bottlenose dolphins, since they're a lot like I am -- Friendly, happy, and cheerful. ^_^ Plus, they're really cute! Not that orcas aren't, but they're just so big so it would be a pretty dangerous job.

And I'd still like to get married and have a family and all of that, but right now I just don't know if that will happen, (I hope it does, but I can't predict the future...) so just incase it doesn't I want to be prepared, because I'll have to work for money and training dolphins is what I've wanted to do ever since I can remember!

Oh yeah, and I could probably get an extra little job using my artistic abilities! That would be fun...

Teara
November 28th, 2004, 01:52 PM
What about marinebiology? ;-; It dosn't fit into any of the above...orcaz...*zniff*

But I zuppoze out of the choicez provided it would be magazine (zorta). I wouldn't mind being a photographer...ezpecially an ocean photographer X3

Kayleigh
November 28th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I wonder if PGN would mind me adding an 'Other' category? My choice doesn't fit into any of the others either, so it would probably be a good idea...

(And yeah! *high-fives Teara* Orcas! <3)

BladeForever
November 28th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Let's see.. Mines would have to deal with computers. I'd love to be a web-designer and so far it's been fun trying things on my own.(web-languages etc.) My 3 years paid off but I need to work harder at it. Though before that I always wanted to be a pilot. (I'm the King Of Jets) Sadly I gave up that dream a while back.

~Blade~

Bree~chan
November 28th, 2004, 02:31 PM
^Oh cool!BladeForever,that's what I want to be!XD
I love computers and animals,so I am going to be a website designer and some random job that involves animals!*Is still trying decide what animal job*XD

TRIFORCE89
November 28th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Anything with computer animation. I want to direct computer animated movies. Although just being an animator or something in video games would be nice too,

Greed
November 28th, 2004, 03:07 PM
I'd be a psychologist. I'll try to listen to other people's needs, since there's not much people who do. >>;

But if I were to pick of the above. I'd choose computers. :3

*dies*

Blaine
November 28th, 2004, 05:01 PM
I'd be a psychologist. I'll try to listen to other people's needs, since there's not much people who do. >>;

But if I were to pick of the above. I'd choose computers. :3

*dies*
There are many many therapists and psychologists and psychiatrists.
But I still commend you on such a career choice. It takes a lot to be able to listen to someone's fears and daily occurences and not be emotionally torn by it... ^^ That's a very noble choice.

Personally, I want to join the Peace Corps and work as a translator in Albania or Romania. When I return I'd like to work as a physician for people who cannot afford proper healthcare. I'd also like to be a social worker or something of the sort...

Kelsey
November 28th, 2004, 07:24 PM
My dream job fits into health. For I hope to one day become a Veteranarian. I have always wished to become one since I was 8 years old. I adore all animals, and I wish to do everything in my power to be able to help them and be sure that they can live long and healthy lives. ^_^

~Kelsey

PikaPal
November 28th, 2004, 07:25 PM
mine is sports, I want to work with racehorses.

Arcanine
November 29th, 2004, 07:58 AM
If I could get a job as a video game tester then that would be the job I want. All you have to do is play games all day and get paid for it too.

PGN
November 29th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Could a Mod add other to the poll? Members can't edit their polls...

Spectrum
November 29th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Something to do with video games/computers. Either a graphic artist or a beta tester.

AZSupraT
November 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Im living my dream job; Webdesigner

Claire
November 29th, 2004, 11:33 AM
I've been thinking about exactly what I'd like to do once I'm older, and I'm almost certain that I want to work at Discovery Cove with bottlenose dolphins. heehee ^^ i at one point wanted to do that ^^ i had emailed sea-world, but my asthma would just not let me be fit enough to survive the test >.> it involved diving down to a depth of 25ft, then swimming two lengths to their huge pool, and getting out and talking on a microphone without sounding out of breath ^^;
I also asked the Dolphin Research Centre in the Florida Keys (they have wild dolphins which come and go as they please, which is great ^^) but they only supply you with residence, and you dont really get paid ._.

I still wish i could film animal docutmentaries worldwide though ._.

Kayleigh
November 29th, 2004, 12:23 PM
heehee ^^ i at one point wanted to do that ^^ i had emailed sea-world, but my asthma would just not let me be fit enough to survive the test >.> it involved diving down to a depth of 25ft, then swimming two lengths to their huge pool, and getting out and talking on a microphone without sounding out of breath ^^;
I also asked the Dolphin Research Centre in the Florida Keys (they have wild dolphins which come and go as they please, which is great ^^) but they only supply you with residence, and you dont really get paid ._.

I still wish i could film animal docutmentaries worldwide though ._.Really? ^_^ I want to work with them so badly! And ohh, I've read a ton of stuff about it and I heard about all of that. Even though it would be hard and would take a long time to get up to the trainer position, I still would like to do it. It would definitely be worth it!

Oh, I know about that place! My grandmother's been there several times and she loves it. She goes every time she visits Florida. It sounds so neat, and I can't wait to go one day!

Aw, and good luck with that. I hope that you get to do it! You seem like you would be really good at working with animals too, especially since you're so friendly!

Anyway, I edited the poll for you PGN!

TRIFORCE89
November 29th, 2004, 12:48 PM
When I was little, I have no idea why but I had an email address, and I decided to email Disney. I asked them for a job for when I'm older. LOL I just pulled a random address off the Disney site, I never got a response. T_T;

Ryoutarou
November 29th, 2004, 12:54 PM
My job would be placed in graphic design I guess, mangaka. I take it as something I can really have a shot at. The actual drawing is easy, but the specs and page layout is whats hard. Plus having to figure out what type of supplies works best with what type of paper is kinda fun. I love drawing and manga, and it'd be so great to be able to make my own world so to say.

Even if it doesn't make people smile or anything, as long as it makes them think I'll be happy. I've always wanted to do a shounen style manga with a deep story and wide appeal, which can be hard. But I believe I have a good chance at it. Having a family would be kinda hard with this sort of job. I know that it can get hectic doing a 40 or so page issue a week, so if I had kids while I had a long manga running would be hard. That one I have to think about, but whatever happens will happen, so no point in thinking about it.

Another field I've always wanted to try was culinary arts, maybe having my own restaurant would be fun...not to mention hard work. But it'd be something I'd like doing.

Kyosuke
November 29th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Mine iscomputers, I used to want to do enginering, but after thinking about it, that seems way too complicated for me. I still have my passion towards computers, but I'm just not sure what I want to be, I can repair computers though...

xCloudx
November 29th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Video Games....I plan to work with Nintendo....but still keep my ROMS at my Home PC.

GO EVIL!

Pokemaster10000
November 29th, 2004, 07:50 PM
...Everything. XD I want to be like 23 things...
The only thing I dont wanna do is Medical!

Same here. One small mistake. BOOM! People die.
*does not want to be like Dr.Bob*XD

Mine would either fit into sports or video game programming....etc.

Flygon trainer
November 29th, 2004, 10:59 PM
I'm workign at being a palentologist. so I guess I don't fit in a particular catagory..

Cool Cr@cker
November 30th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Hey This is a great Thread!I have interests in 2 fields!
1)Software Engineer (or) Video Game Designing - I'm considered to be pretty Ok at Computers and Other stuff.I do know some languages too.Planning to take some courses!And who knows - I maybe working for Microsoft,Google,EaSports.(Nice to dream)
2) I have good interests in writing - I may want to be a journalist or a writer.And Maybe I'll be tomorrow's big thing.You even see me write PARRY HOTTER AND THE SECRET OF TOILET STINKS(XD!)

Miyu-chan
November 30th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I would want to be a psycologist or anything that is related to art.

Or maybe a famous singer. *_*

Claire
December 1st, 2004, 09:11 AM
Really? ^_^ I want to work with them so badly! And ohh, I've read a ton of stuff about it and I heard about all of that. Even though it would be hard and would take a long time to get up to the trainer position, I still would like to do it. It would definitely be worth it!

Oh, I know about that place! My grandmother's been there several times and she loves it. She goes every time she visits Florida. It sounds so neat, and I can't wait to go one day!

Aw, and good luck with that. I hope that you get to do it! You seem like you would be really good at working with animals too, especially since you're so friendly!

Anyway, I edited the poll for you PGN!

Heehee i wish i could, but i couldnt afford to attempt to get a crew together and travel abroad unfortunately ._. so i'll have to stick with HR -at least i still get to work with ppl..but animals are still my love
One of my sister's friends was really rich, and actually bought some animals -a giraffe, 3 zebras, goats, and pot-belly pigs XD it was so cool stroking a giraffe and zebras ^^ her friend wanted to turn it into a safari one day -they had a lot of land
Ya, the dolphin research center is really great ^^ i got to swim with 2 dolphins ^^ *loves them*
ok..i think id better stop before i get off-topic XD

Sumomo & Kotoko
December 1st, 2004, 02:20 PM
I want to be a Video Game Storyline writer,I have a good imagination.Or a Lego set maker.

Scyther5
December 1st, 2004, 06:32 PM
Well, I'd like to be a few things, but not together...

ether a (In no particular order)

Video Game/Comic Story line designer
Study/Work with sharks
Become a Professional Wrestler
Be in a grunge band

Sylphiel
December 1st, 2004, 06:41 PM
Out of the choices listed...it would be video games for me. One thing I wouldn't mind being a concept/graphics artist for a game - just because I'd like to see some original ideas of mine being used in things others could enjoy. And I like video games. So...why not?

Although there was one time I considered being an ornithologist, because I love birds...but nah. Game artist appeals to me more. And it would probably be better, anyways.

Intuition
December 3rd, 2004, 06:42 AM
My dream job is teaching little kids ^^ Really like the little rascals :D

IceKitten
December 3rd, 2004, 06:59 AM
My dream job would be going on the computer doing anything I want....so, computers? XD

Nah, on a serious note, I chose Video Games, I'd like to sell them o.o

Asher
December 3rd, 2004, 07:30 AM
I'd like to be a Video Game Storyline Writer. =/ I have neat ideas.

>.> Though being a nurse ain't a bad idea.

IceKitten
December 3rd, 2004, 07:34 AM
Nurses are very highly paid o_o

Asher
December 3rd, 2004, 11:46 AM
Nurses are very highly paid o_o

That's why I wanna be one. XD; -->>; Education--

Kayleigh
December 3rd, 2004, 04:52 PM
Heehee i wish i could, but i couldnt afford to attempt to get a crew together and travel abroad unfortunately ._. so i'll have to stick with HR -at least i still get to work with ppl..but animals are still my love
One of my sister's friends was really rich, and actually bought some animals -a giraffe, 3 zebras, goats, and pot-belly pigs XD it was so cool stroking a giraffe and zebras ^^ her friend wanted to turn it into a safari one day -they had a lot of land
Ya, the dolphin research center is really great ^^ i got to swim with 2 dolphins ^^ *loves them*
ok..i think id better stop before i get off-topic XDAw, maybe somehow you'll get enough money to do that! I hope so; I understand how it must feel, since I love animals a lot, too.

Wow! I'd love to have those kinds of animals! (Especially orcas and other dolphins! *sigh*) That must be really fun. I think that working at a zoo would be a nice job, too. It wouldn't beat being around dolphins to me, but it would probably be my second choice.

That's so neat! I got to pet one once when I was in Florida, but we didn't swim with them. Next time I go I'm definitely going to do that, though! O_O (Yeah, I guess so, lol.)

Oh, and my aunt has been a nurse for a long time... Trust me, from listening to her stories it sometimes doesn't seem like it would be worth the money to do that sort of stuff. XD She tells us about the job so much, and you'd definitely have to be willing to deal with some pretty gross stuff if you choose it as a career. But, it does help people a lot so I think it's a good job. You just wouldn't want to have a weak stomach, ah heh. o_o

Shana
December 5th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Other...I want to be a teacher.

Pounce
December 5th, 2004, 08:53 AM
yeee~ I'm with kayleigh and DF dadragonz- I've always wanted to be a marine biologist. it sounds kind of childish and farfetched from where I am right now, which is in high school, but I love the ocean and animals. I really want to work with marine animals, or at least in some sort of environmental organization that helps them, because I'm big on the environment in general, too.

it's a toss-up between that and foreign languages or linguistics, though. I know that if I majored in that it would be easy and fun, and I know it's something I should try to make use of my natural talent in. but I don't know how interesting it would be compared to some of the other things I want to do... that's why I'm hoping whatever job I decide on, I can use my language skills to go all over the world and not just have to stay stranded in the U.S. ^__^ like a marine biologist in.. Japan! *_* that would be cool.

computers have always interested me, and I'm taking computer science right now... but I don't know if it's something I really want to do. I could minor in it or something, and then incorporate that into marine biology too, just like I want to do with foreign languages. XD;;

*has big plans for college*

ryan
December 9th, 2004, 06:28 PM
alright, so here's the plan... as soon as i graduate high school, i go onto the cast of power rangers for a year. after that i go to college and study theology and film. after college i go to seminary to become a minister. then i'm a pastor. i also want to work part time as a substitute teacher. and if i get enough money saved up, i'll start my own record label. so, i fall under "other".

nadan the water queen
December 10th, 2004, 01:29 PM
i voted other, because i really want 2 b a singer more than anything else. i even wrote a song and it said that in it, this morning XD.

Mr Cat Dog
December 10th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I'd ultimately like to become a video games designer, but since I'm absolutely terrible at drawing, I'd laugh if I actually became one. Realistically, I'd like to become a Psychiatrist, so that would go under the health industry. I've always had a thing with mental health issues, ad the pay's good - so that's an added perk of the job XD

Virtual Headache
December 11th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Computers: I'd like to become a webdesigner or a programmer
I'd also like to be a cartoonist or a translator, but there was no category for it...

Kylie-chan
December 12th, 2004, 12:29 AM
I used to dream of being a teacher... then I wanted to work at Sea World in the Gold Coast at Discovery Cove... now I wanna be a journalist.

Amy-chan
July 19th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Some kind of work with animals. Biology, maybe, or animal training. And I also hope to become an author. *realizes how old this thread is and feels guilty*

Charizard_Fire_God
July 19th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Err, let's just say it's Charizard training, ok? Tch, it's the only thing I wanna do that even resembles work. XD

Cybex Mewtwo
July 19th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Video game designer baby! I've been playing since I was two! Gaming is in my blood!!! I would kill to make video games!

Ryoutarou
July 19th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Umm...yeah, this thread is way old.
*closed*