PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I wish I knew what Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2 is about. I beat the game and I love the Tales characters but I have NO clue what the plot is.

thedestinedblade
July 12th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Well, if it's anything like the first one, the plot is really not important. These are just fan-service games. Missing the skits between characters would be the one thing I'd miss though. ;)

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM
True. I do love using a gun along with Zelos, Jade, and Arche in the same party. Also Asch and Suzu. And freakin Celcius as a playable character! Screw the plot I freaking LOVE this game!

Sora
July 12th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I don't have a PSP at all so I can't play any of the Mythology games, nor Tales of VS. I really wish I could, but I really just don't have the money. To be honest, I don't see myself getting another Tales of Game at all in the future, unless Namco grants my wish and it gets localized here. Graces F and Xilia both look amazing, but yeah, no PS3. ._.

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 03:13 PM
With the new systems coming out, PSPs are getting outdated. They have good Tales games and emulation for MORE Tales games so it's good that they're old. You can probably get a good deal on eBay or something now.

Sora
July 12th, 2011, 03:19 PM
yeah, I know. :( They mainly have the fan-service ones, but I've heard for the most part that they're good games. I miiiiight be able to get one on E-bay in the future, but as of right now, I really don't have any money. ;_; I just checked out the Tales of Xilia trailer, and it almost tempted me into saving up for a PS3, but yeah.

thedestinedblade
July 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I bought a PS3 just for this occasion. I've had it for about 2 years, and have yet to really use it. I knew eventually, though there'd be a game that would force me to buy it. Graces F is still a ways off (early next year) and who's know about Xillia, so you're in no hurry. Xillia does look great though; Much more excited for that than Graces.

Venusaur♣
July 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
May I join?

I've seen Tales of Phantasia, and most of Tales of Symphonia :D

Never played any of the games, but I might, if I do get the console(s).

Miss Doronjo
July 12th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Yup; you're in. =D

I never actually gotten around on watching the ToP OST; cause I was busy enjoying the ToS OST and readying myself for ToV: Final Strike. ^3^

Now, I'm not sure on this -- is a PS3 worth it for Tales of Xilla?

Venusaur♣
July 12th, 2011, 03:59 PM
My question too, but I'm extending it a bit, is it worth buying a console over the Tales of games? (Not just those games, a couple of others)

Are they entertaining or a long time, or just after they are completed? Does it take a long time to complete them or is it easy?

thedestinedblade
July 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM

Probably not, but the fact Graces F is getting localized for the PS3 as well might sway some people.

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 06:13 PM
What I want is for Vesperia to released in English. Not the Xbox360 version, the PS3. I don't have an Xbox360 and the PS3 version is a lot better!

Miss Doronjo
July 12th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Oh; the PS3 is totally better; that's why I'm claiming ToV to be more than a flashy game; the PS3 version as more of a plot, more bosses, even more characters / costumes. :3

[YURI IN ASCH'S COSTUME IS KEWWWL~]

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Oh; the PS3 is totally better; that's why I'm claiming ToV to be more than a flashy game; the PS3 version as more of a plot, more bosses, even more characters / costumes. :3

[YURI IN ASCH'S COSTUME IS KEWWWL~]

AHH! Is there ANY chance of an English release? Even if it's a fan translation or something? I NEED Vesperia and I sure as hell am not going to settle for the Xbox version! And Abyss costumes too!? OMG I have to get it!

I just read about Tales of Xillia. Why is there another Jade? Wouldn't it be weird if another Tales spin-off had both Jades?

thedestinedblade
July 12th, 2011, 06:48 PM
^lol, what do you mean another Jade? If you're referring to the main character, his name is Jude not Jade.

The chances of the PS3 version of Vesperia getting localized have sailed. It was between that or Graces F, and I think they went with the better choice.

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Ohhhh jUde. Damn u looks like a.

Sora
July 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
My question too, but I'm extending it a bit, is it worth buying a console over the Tales of games? (Not just those games, a couple of others)

Are they entertaining or a long time, or just after they are completed? Does it take a long time to complete them or is it easy?
Well, there isn't really a console that has more than just one Tales of Game, unless you want to count the fact that the Wii can both play Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. There's also the PS2, which has Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Legendia (I'll note that Legendia was one of the mothership games that less people enjoyed, and a lot of people were displeased with ToS2). Since you mentioned other games, I would suggest the console which would supply you with more games that you want to play outside of the Tales of Series.

The Tales of Series games are pretty long. Each of them have at least 80+ hours of gameplay (I can go through a game of Symphonia in about 20-30 hours, but I've played it many times and know the game by the back of my hand). Also, there are many side-quests that you can go on during the game/right before you go face the final boss for the game (least out of the games I played - only Symphonia and Abyss but hey), and the Tales of Series have it do you can so several playthroughs and use 'Grade' in order to make the nest playthrough more difficult, easier, keep you gald, etc etc. There are also some things you can only do second playthrough, as well as (in Symphonia's case) alternate "paths" you can choose to the end of the game (end of the game is the same, but the people you are with and some of the context are different).

Yeah... sorry for the tl;dr.

I can say anything when it comes to buying consoles solely for one game, because I got a Wii so I can play ToS2 of all games.

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Well, there isn't really a console that has more than just one Tales of Game

The PSP has quite a lot if you use emulators. If you count Japanese games and spin-offs, the PSP can play Tales of:
Destiny
Destiny 2
Eternia
Phantasia
Rebirth
Radiant Mythology 1, 2, and 3
VS.
Narikiri Dungeon 1, 2, and 3
Summoner's Lineage

That's 13 Tales games in one system.

Sora
July 12th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I separate the terms 'handhelds' and 'consoles', but yes, you are correct. If he wanted to know handhelds as well that is.

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 07:17 PM
The PSP can play PS1 games. Doesn't that count as console?

Sora
July 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
It would be pretty hard to get a PS1 these days. He could probably get a PS2 and a PS1 Memory Card so he can play PS1 games on the PS2, but the games for the PS1 are pretty difficult to find. It's funny, because out of the Tales of Games, I tend to see Symphonia the most. Least at the GameStop in the mall. To be quite honest, I think he should go for either Symphonia, Abyss, or Vesperia. I heard the others are good, but I hear the most good things about those three.

U.Flame
July 12th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Oh yeah. Definitively Symphonia and Abyss! Phantasia may be old but I also recommend it. It has plenty of sidequests and an incredible story like Symphonia and Abyss. But do NOT get the Gameboy Advance version! I know PS1 games are hard to find but the PS1 version is BEAUTIFUL. The English patch makes the entire game flawlessly English. It's definitely worth the hassle. Plus Japan is less censored so this version also contains less censorship. Phantasia, Abyss, and Symphonia. These three, I HIGHLY recommend.

ソラ
July 23rd, 2011, 12:36 AM
My plan Tales games to get this year, or atleast peaked in early 2012 is TotA (PS2), ToV(PS3), ToX, and ToS(PS2). I want mostly ToV, and ToX. But from what i heart TotA, and ToS are epic, and I want to try them. :3 I know I wont be able to get TotA, and ToS, ToV, and ToX from the remaining time we have left of this year or even peaked into the 2012 year, But if im lucky I could get ToX, and ToV. Also, Been trophy hunting, and getting more titles for my members in Graces F, and I got a few DLC like the Miku outfit for Sophie, and some bat type outfit for Cheria thats about it. My B-day is coming up I'll be asking for a 3,000 yen card so I can get more costumes for Asbel, Hubert, Pascal, Cheria, and Sophie(mainly the Idol Master costumes for the girls, and Flynn for Hubert, And Suzaku, and Haseo for Asbel) lol.Only Tales game I played for the PSP, I am not far in since I'm too hooked on Graces F is ToPNDX, and ToWRM3 for the PSP I recently hacked my PSP, so I can play the games I never could get.

U.Flame
July 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
You got Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3 working? I can't find a working version. Also, does Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X play Tales of Phantasia X? The one I tried crashed when I tried to select that option.

ソラ
July 23rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
You got Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3 working? I can't find a working version. Also, does Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X play Tales of Phantasia X? The one I tried crashed when I tried to select that option.
Yeah they both work for me. I just havent played all the way thats it. but I can load, save, and play for both of the games, and I did try the ToPX and it didnt crash for all for me.

Sora
July 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Phantasia, along with Eternia, Destiny 2, and Rebirth are all going on the PSP for Tales of Namco's 15th Anniversary. Nooo idea if any of these will be released in English though. I kind of doubt it, but we won't know until they say something. First we'll have to wait for Graces and hopefully/maybe Xilia.

U.Flame
July 24th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Yeah they both work for me. I just havent played all the way thats it. but I can load, save, and play for both of the games, and I did try the ToPX and it didnt crash for all for me.

Damn! You have tell me what custom firmware you're using, which ISO loader, and where you got the ISOs! Pwetty Pwese?

ソラ
July 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Damn! You have tell me what custom firmware you're using, which ISO loader, and where you got the ISOs! Pwetty Pwese?
actually. I dont really know. I did hack it. But my friend said he never even heard of this hack, it doesnt brick your psp, or it does not need pandora battery. But I can show you a video; also its CFW 6.39, and I think im using m33 or something I'm still new to it. and I cant really say where i get my iso. but some I get from actually ripping the game from my UMD, but the tales games I got. I got from this site, which i can't advertise, maybe in a PM.

v/Wtjf1CZnjcU

on topic: I started my Asbel Solo for ToGF this is a gonna be fun :D

U.Flame
July 24th, 2011, 11:15 PM
actually. I dont really know. I did hack it. But my friend said he never even heard of this hack, it doesnt brick your psp, or it does not need pandora battery. But I can show you a video; also its CFW 6.39, and I think im using m33 or something I'm still new to it. and I cant really say where i get my iso. but some I get from actually ripping the game from my UMD, but the tales games I got. I got from this site, which i can't advertise, maybe in a PM.

v/Wtjf1CZnjcU

on topic: I started my Asbel Solo for ToGF this is a gonna be fun :D

Yes, if you can send me the info through PM, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I'm trying to get Shadow in Tales of Phantasia. I know where he is, but I need the "Tools of Light". Anyone know what to do?

Cherrim
July 31st, 2011, 12:38 PM
I'm too paranoid to hack my PSP. :( Not that I have much to lose because my PSP is literally falling apart (I have to hold the battery pack cover in place lmao). But it means I'm missing out on things I can't afford to import. Luckily I can probably just borrow most of the Tales games from David/parallelzero... besides, I've been so hooked on what I can get my hands on that I don't have to worry about anything else for a while. <_< I still have Radiant Mythology 2 to start but I've been like mastering the first Radiant Mythology (which I still haven't beaten yet) so... still a ways to go.

But playing the spin off Tales of the World games have really, really made me want to play Destiny and Destiny 2. :( I like the characters I meet from them and want to see how their story goes.

U.Flame
August 5th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Tales of the Abyss is almost out for the 3DS! Who else is getting it? It's half the reason I got a 3DS in the first place.

Cherrim
August 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I'm not. :( I probably will one day when I get a 3DS... maybe. My favourite part of Abyss was playing through it several times with my best friend. We still have so much fun recounting our epic fight with Nebillim... I think it was on unknown (or else I have no excuse for this next part). I was Jade, he was Guy, and his job was to run around her really close to keep her distracted and targetting him and my job was to switch between Jade, Tear and... I think we brought Anise... and have them continuously attack and heal. If I didn't watch the other two, they'd run up and attack for no reason. XD; The fight literally took over an hour of this and by the end, we ran out of life bottles and it boiled down to a casting battle between Jade and Nebillim which... even plot-wise would be so epic. n_n;; I had to cast mid-level spells so that I could attack and get the heck out of the way when she cast her high-level spells in roughly the same time. But after 10 minutes of this or something, I dealt the last blow and we were just so amazed that we did it.

...but the 3DS version has no multiplayer. Not even local both-of-you-have-a-3DS-and-the-game multiplayer. And that's kind of the most important thing for me when it comes to Tales games. I've never played a main game all the way through with myself because it's way more fun playing with my friends. It's probably part of the reason I never finished any of the handheld games that weren't spinoffs. :x But regardless, the no multiplayer makes me sad and means it's not a "OMG OMG MUST HAVE".

If I give into my desires (which I really shouldn't because I don't have the money for them), I might end up with a Japanese 3DS eventually and if I do, I'll totally get Abyss 3DS on Japanese. VOICED SKITS. <3

Miss Doronjo
August 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Well its that, and a couple of other reasons why I own a 3DS. :)
Now one honest thing: I hate Abyss's World Map. @___@ Like...urgh; I hate the framing.
I really hope they fix that with the 3DS version.

Nebillim's a tough cookie in unknown. @__@ I used Guy, Tear, Jade and Anise. Honestly...it took me 4 tries. :|

Cherrim
August 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM
They did fix the framerate in the world map, if that's what you mean. :B

Sora
August 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
...but the 3DS version has no multiplayer. Not even local both-of-you-have-a-3DS-and-the-game multiplayer. And that's kind of the most important thing for me when it comes to Tales games. I've never played a main game all the way through with myself because it's way more fun playing with my friends. It's probably part of the reason I never finished any of the handheld games that weren't spinoffs. :x But regardless, the no multiplayer makes me sad and means it's not a "OMG OMG MUST HAVE".
omg, this. I have Legendia and Phantasia as well as Symphonia, Symphonia2, and Abyss, but I've never finished them. The reason being is the fact that Phantasia isn't multiplayer, and my sister never played Legendia with me (I'm not even sure if it's Multiplayer). XD;

Nebillim's a tough cookie in unknown. @__@ I used Guy, Tear, Jade and Anise. Honestly...it took me 4 tries. :|
Why thank you Shawn. Now I feel like such a horrible Abyss player. :( /never beat her on unknown, tymv

U.Flame
August 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM
...but the 3DS version has no multiplayer. Not even local both-of-you-have-a-3DS-and-the-game multiplayer.

Wait...what? WHY!? H-how DARE they! That's just evil...Did they give a reason why?

Also, wasn't the Playstation version of Phantasia multiplayer?

Miss Doronjo
August 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM
They did fix the framerate in the world map, if that's what you mean. :B

Another reason I should get it then. ^___^
It was the only thing I didn't like about Abyss. :(

Why thank you Shawn. Now I feel like such a horrible Abyss player. :( /never beat her on unknown, tymv

I won't strike it against you. :3 I just ~barely~ beat her in Unknown. @___@

Cherrim
August 12th, 2011, 05:29 PM
omg, this. I have Legendia and Phantasia as well as Symphonia, Symphonia2, and Abyss, but I've never finished them. The reason being is the fact that Phantasia isn't multiplayer, and my sister never played Legendia with me (I'm not even sure if it's Multiplayer). XD;

I'm pretty sure Legendia has multiplayer. :s I hope it does since the only way I'm gonna get through that is if my Tales roommate (and possibly our other roommate if we can convince him) plays with me. ><; But yeah that's the same reason I never played Phantasia to the end. :/
on why?

Wait...what? WHY!? H-how DARE they! That's just evil...Did they give a reason why?
I imagine because they're lazy. Abyss 3DS is literally a straight port of the NA version. Nothing new was added except some 3D effects. Implementing some sort of multiplayer would not only be hard to envision (how would 2P see/play the game outside of battles?) but obviously more effort than they cared to put in. :(

Another reason I should get it then. ^___^
It was the only thing I didn't like about Abyss. :(

I won't strike it against you. :3 I just ~barely~ beat her in Unknown. @___@
No kidding. She's ridiculous. :/

U.Flame
August 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Legendia surprisingly does NOT have multiplayer. But I think the Playstation version of Phantasia did. At least I think it did.

Cherrim
August 12th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Really? :( I thought it did. Uggggh I guess I have no reason to keep putting it off now. But it was so hard to get into the first time I played when I was all excited for another Tales game. ~_~ Now that I think it's crap AND I have no one to make play through it with me... ugh.

Miss Doronjo
August 12th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I don't see how envision-less it could of been to implant a multi-player mode in Abyss in 3DS. :|

They could of just made it a download play. @___@
Or a Wireless link.

U.Flame
August 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I just pre-ordered Abyss for the 3DS. I don't know why it wasn't on the list a few days ago, but now it is. ^_^

Cherrim
August 13th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Well they would have had to completely write new code to program in the wireless (of any sort) multiplayer, not to mention it would be a pretty huge addition and I'm not sure how much space is left on the DS card for that sort of thing. Abyss is a pretty big game, all things considered. :x Maybe there just wasn't room? *has no idea*

Wish they could've gathered the English cast back for it to record skits. ;_; That would have made it a day 1 buy and I would have a 3DS right now in preparation for it.

U.Flame
August 14th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Japan's usually the only one with voiced skits. Very few English ones have voiced skits.

metalheadtomboy
August 14th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I'm a big Tales fan I would like to join.

U.Flame
August 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Anyone can join, no form or official greeting needed. ^_^

Cherrim
August 15th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Japan's usually the only one with voiced skits. Very few English ones have voiced skits.
I know, but I still think it's dumb that they didn't voice the skits. They did for Legendia, iirc. (But then, they also left half of that game unvoiced, apparently, so I guess it's not a very good benchmark.) At least they proooobably will from now on since they were voiced in Symphonia 2. :s

U.Flame
August 15th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I hope so too. I've gotten used to silent skits but it's nice to hear voiced ones too. I still don't know why Symphonia 2 is the one of the only voiced skits but it was nice hearing classic Symphonia moments.

Miaka
August 15th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I'd like to join
My fv character is Richter Abend

Miss Doronjo
August 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome; I put you in. :)

Richter's pretty cool; though I would honestly see him as a hero or anti-hero rather than a villain.:(

Miaka
August 15th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome; I put you in. :)

Richter's pretty cool; though I would honestly see him as a hero or anti-hero rather than a villain.:(

Thank you
He is my hero and my fiance
Btw I like your signature is it from anime Bakemonogatari??

U.Flame
August 15th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Richter is an all right guy. But he is AWESOME in battle! Too bad he's only playable for a very short time...That's why he's my favorite character to play as in Tales of Vs. ^_^

Personality-wise, my favorite peoples are Arche, Jade, Zelos, and Moses.

Miaka
August 16th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Richter is an all right guy. But he is AWESOME in battle! Too bad he's only playable for a very short time...That's why he's my favorite character to play as in Tales of Vs. ^_^

Personality-wise, my favorite peoples are Arche, Jade, Zelos, and Moses.

Yeah he is
In TOW3 my Richter is lvl 130
Me too I only chose him in TOV

Cherrim
August 16th, 2011, 10:57 AM
My favourite Tales character overall is Jade but his general character (the old man) does tend to be my favourite in the games I play, I suppose. xD;

I didn't really like Richter much though... but I think one of the main reasons for it is because I got SO sick of the flashback of "COURAGE IS THE MAGIC THAT TURNS DREAMS INTO REALITY". :x That and I feel the new characters in ToS2 were completely overshadowed by the returning characters from the first game so I never felt a need to get attached to them. u_u;

thedestinedblade
August 16th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I thought that line was pretty corny, actually. ;)

Favorite character is probably Leon with Meredy, Kyle, and Rita close behind.

Cherrim
August 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
The first time I met Leon (while playing Tales of VS), I thought he was obnoxious and didn't understand at ALL why he was so popular. And then I played the first Radiant Mythology in English and inexplicably liked him but I want to save judgment until I play Tales of Destiny. @_@;; Just gotta... find a copy.

thedestinedblade
August 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
He's got a pretty intricate storyline spanning ToD and ToD2.

lol, I came across ToD years ago at a Gamestop before even knowing of the Tales series. I know it's received two remakes for the PS2 though. Not surprisingly none were ever considered for localizing.

Cherrim
August 16th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah. I might have spoilt myself for his storyline accidentally when skimming the Tales wiki for the basic Destiny plot points when doing translation work in VS. :'(

I suppose if I can't find a copy of the PS1 version I'll import a PS2 one but I'd really like to play it in English, haha.

U.Flame
August 16th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I have Tales of Destiny on my PSP through PS1 emulating. I haven't gotten far, but from what I've seen, Leon is a young and serious guy who is a LOT more powerful than he looks.

Cherrim
August 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah chances are I'll probably ROM it, but burn it to a CD and just play on PS2. It would probably be easier (...and so much cheaper) than finding a copy for sale. :s

U.Flame
August 17th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Is the PS2 version significantly better than the PS1 version? I like playing it on the PSP but I want to know what I'm missing out on.

thedestinedblade
August 17th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah. Improved graphics (obviously), battle system changes, more added content, voiced skits, blah, blah. The biggest change though is being able to play through the game with Leon as the main character so you learn more of his back-story. I've played a bit of it, and it's quite fun.

U.Flame
August 18th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I just had a thought. In the well-known scene in Abyss when Luke cuts his hair, it seemed rather odd that Tear would give him a knife. He was just talking about how useless he felt and he was quite overwhelmed with emotion, then all of a sudden, he asks for a knife. If you were in that situation, wouldn't you feel a red flag popping up?

darklord18
August 21st, 2011, 02:54 AM
ok i getting Tales of the world rm3 and I can't wait but i want to know

What DLC is there for the game, i heard something about emil/rubia limited edition, I saw some password thing and just wonder if there any that are worth it.
also is the enternal sword gettable in the game? I know one you need ToPNDX save for but are the ToP and ToS one gettable of thier respect wielders?, if so I can't wait to duel weild two enternal swords

btw i got a topic what the funniest thing in a tales game you seen

well the fact Cress and lloyd both use a form of the enternal sword and somehow your able to use it without the diamond ring nor the pact with orgin and the fact that there no skit involve them and the swords in RM2 or RM3. not something serioues but it just funny for me when i think of it.

ソラ
August 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
btw i got a topic what the funniest thing in a tales game you seen

Guy's Phobia "gynophobia" in Tales of the Abyss. Everytime it happens I'd can't stop laughing. xD

thedestinedblade
August 21st, 2011, 10:24 AM
But he has a legit reason for being scared of women. :\

Miss Doronjo
August 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but they still made it comical in the early scenes.

I guess I thought the "PREPARE TO DIE, EGGBEAR!" bit from ToV was funny. :3

U.Flame
August 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
When Zelos first appears in Tales of Symphonia 2. That was the best reaction from Emil EVER.

ソラ
August 21st, 2011, 12:04 PM
But he has a legit reason for being scared of women. :\

I know I got that far in Tota yesterday. I recently got the game, and I saw it in the anime before, but forgot hahha. But just his reaction of when girls get close to him makes me laugh, its not funny about what happen in his past. ): But, either way Guy is an epic character in my book.

Liacri
August 23rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
I'd like to join this. I've played Symphonia, Symphonia: DotNW, Abyss, and Vesperia, though I know the plotlines of Phantasia and Legendia because my sister's played them.

U.Flame
August 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
You can't join if you've seen the Gameboy Advance version of Phantasia! Playstation version only!

Nah anyone can join as far as I know. Still, try to get the translated Playstation version of Phantasia, it makes the Gameboy Advance version look like crap.

PokéSwimmer
August 25th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I'd like to join this club ^_^
I used to be really into the Tales Series back in the GCN/PS2 era. I also was (well, technically still am) a member of the Tales Forums, but I went inactive back in 2006.

Here is a list of the games that I have played:
-Tales of Phantasia (A translated version of the original SNES one, it was awesome)

-Tales of Symphonia (This game first got me into the series. It was my second favorite behind Abyss)

-Tales of the Legendia (Great storyline, kinda meh gameplay, I still have to finish it X_X)

-Tales of the World Narikiri Dungeon 3 (I actually imported this game, it was well worth it and surprisingly easy to play even without understanding Japanese)

-Tales of Phantasia (The GBA version, which sucked. I never got around to finishing it)

-Tales of the Abyss (By far my favorite game in the series)

-Tales of Sypmphonia: Dawn of the New World (I like to pretend this one never happened. I did play it all the way though though.)

Miss Doronjo
August 25th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Eh, I dunno; I feel I should give Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World another chance. :B

I added everyone in, BTW. :)
Welcome!

Sora
August 25th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I gave Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World several chances. Everytime I did I loved the original cast more and I ended up hating Emil and Marta a little bit more each time. xD; Decus and Alice got more love though! As for Ricther I basically didn't like him from the beginning.

Cherrim
August 25th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I played the first three chapters three times before I finally sat down with my brother, determined to make it all the way through. x_x;

I will probably NEVER play it again though. Only thing I liked were the voiced skits, pretty much, and I can get that with Symphonia PS2 sooo my desire to play is pretty shot. XD;

thedestinedblade
August 25th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I've never actually finished it. I believe I got somewhere near the end before I just stopped playing. I eventually sold it... lol. Maybe the game does receive some unwarranted hate, but can you really blame them?

ソラ
August 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I'm so Happy. I beat Tales of the Abyss yesterday. I cried x3, It was such a beautiful game *^* hahaha. I am going to pick up the 3D version, so I can officially play Abyss on the go! Also in 13 days Xillia will be release in Japan, I'mma pick that up, IMO it looks promising :).

U.Flame
August 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I still don't know who survived at the end of Abyss. At first I thought it was Luke and Asch in one body, then I did a sidequest involving Jade saying something about when a replica dies, the original takes it's body. Or was it the other way around? I don't know, and it's always frustrating thinking about it. It's a beautiful ending but, who was the person in the end?

Cherrim
August 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Don't forget spoilers guys. I know Abyss is like a million years old now but since it's getting re-released, there may still be people who want to pick it up and don't know the story yet! :x

As for the ending:
If you do all the Contamination Effect sidequests (the Jade ones :P), you eventually see a scene in theeee... Ortion Cavern, I think it was? Wherever Dist's lab was. There are two Cheagles in cages and it's mentioned that one is a perfect isofon/replica of the other (my terminology is a bit rusty!). When the original died, the replica absorbed the fonons that made up the original and the original was the personality that lived on. It may not have happened exactly like that, but I definitely remember that it was the original that lived on.

So if you go solely by that evidence alone, then all signs point toward Asch being the one who lived. However... it's also implied in the final segment of that sidequest that it could go either way. Dist confronts Jade about the big bang (which is what this phenomenon is called) and Jade says he's aware but that he doesn't think it will come to that. Or something along those lines! Maybe it was just Jade being sentimental about Luke but he so rarely does anything like that that it always made me wonder if he actually thought there was a chance it could be Luke. I don't think he'd say otherwise to Dist if he didn't think it was possible.

But it's also been forever since I played so I might have the details wrong here and there. All I know is that upon my first complete playthrough (ie, all story scenes), I thought it was meant to be Asch.

PokéSwimmer
August 27th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Don't forget spoilers guys. I know Abyss is like a million years old now but since it's getting re-released, there may still be people who want to pick it up and don't know the story yet! :x

As for the ending:
If you do all the Contamination Effect sidequests (the Jade ones :P), you eventually see a scene in theeee... Ortion Cavern, I think it was? Wherever Dist's lab was. There are two Cheagles in cages and it's mentioned that one is a perfect isofon/replica of the other (my terminology is a bit rusty!). When the original died, the replica absorbed the fonons that made up the original and the original was the personality that lived on. It may not have happened exactly like that, but I definitely remember that it was the original that lived on.

So if you go solely by that evidence alone, then all signs point toward Asch being the one who lived. However... it's also implied in the final segment of that sidequest that it could go either way. Dist confronts Jade about the big bang (which is what this phenomenon is called) and Jade says he's aware but that he doesn't think it will come to that. Or something along those lines! Maybe it was just Jade being sentimental about Luke but he so rarely does anything like that that it always made me wonder if he actually thought there was a chance it could be Luke. I don't think he'd say otherwise to Dist if he didn't think it was possible.

But it's also been forever since I played so I might have the details wrong here and there. All I know is that upon my first complete playthrough (ie, all story scenes), I thought it was meant to be Asch.

Is the contamination sidequest available during the first playthrough? I remember doing it in my second, but I never really finished that X_X
Also: here's my view on the ending:
I always thought Luke at the end was meant to be a combination of Asch and Luke, like their personalities fused or something. That way both Luke and Asch lived on and Natalia and Tear get in a fight over who gets him.

Cherrim
August 27th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I'm pretty sure it's available in any playthrough.

U.Flame
August 28th, 2011, 09:46 AM
here's my view on the ending:
I always thought Luke at the end was meant to be a combination of Asch and Luke, like their personalities fused or something. That way both Luke and Asch lived on and Natalia and Tear get in a fight over who gets him.

That 's what I thought at first, until I did I did the contamination effect sidequest. Now I just have no idea.

thedestinedblade
August 28th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I hate open endings. The producer of the game pretty much said that it's whoever you want to be. :\

PokéSwimmer
August 28th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I hate open endings. The producer of the game pretty much said that it's whoever you want to be. :\

Well I absolutely love open endings, they make you think. Endings that stay on your mind for a while after you finish are my favorite. Tales of the Abyss's ending was by far the best I've ever seen in a video game (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but still). Usually, I don't like most video game endings, but Abyss really did it for me.

U.Flame
August 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I love and hate open endings. They make you think, but also make me want to bang my head in confusion and frustration. >.<

thedestinedblade
August 29th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Open endings usually leave me with an empty feeling of wanting more. I guess some people liked it better in not knowing, but I would of liked something definite.

Sora
August 29th, 2011, 12:01 PM
It would be nice if we got a more definite idea of what exactly happened at the end. I don't think I ever did the contamination sidequest (I don't quite remember) but there's that constant nagging feeling of who exactly it could be. Seeing Tear's reaction I want to say it was Luke, but then what exactly happened with Asch. :/ I'm with U_Flame on open endings. I like them as long as I can come up with something definite in my head of what would have happened. With Abyss I can't seem to do that.

(In other news it's Tales of Symphonia's eighth anniversary today. Not that anyone really cares other than me though. xD)

ソラ
August 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM
It would be nice if we got a more definite idea of what exactly happened at the end. I don't think I ever did the contamination sidequest (I don't quite remember) but there's that constant nagging feeling of who exactly it could be. Seeing Tear's reaction I want to say it was Luke, but then what exactly happened with Asch. :/ I'm with U_Flame on open endings. I like them as long as I can come up with something definite in my head of what would have happened. With Abyss I can't seem to do that.

(In other news it's Tales of Symphonia's eighth anniversary today. Not that anyone really cares other than me though. xD)

I don't exactly know if its Luke or Asch, But I think its Luke's body with both Personality Like when Asch died, everything went into Luke's body ^^ that can be the answer?? Just guessing.

Oh Happy Birthday Symphonia!!! :DDD. (I need to get a gamecube controller and this game I already have a GC Memory Card).

Also I decided to Pre-order Xillia. Can't wait till that comes out :) 9/8/2011 :DD

Sora
August 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I know everything went into Luke's Body, which is why the question of the person at the end being Luke or Asch. It could be Luke in Aschs body, Luke and Asch in the same body, or whatever. So instead of answering anything it is actually the thing that bring up the many questions. :/

I have no plans on getting Xillia because I don't have a PS3.

Miss Doronjo
August 29th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I was kind of confused at that too. @___@ Since Asch died I only assumed that was Luke, but with Asch's hair + personality in the mix.

I didn't know if Tales of Xilla was worth getting a PS3; I've still yet to seen some gameplay of it.

Now, BTW: What's your max. hit combo in any Tales of game?

Cause I remember scoring a 310 hit combo in ToV with Yuri. ^___^
Soooo Fun. <3

Sora
August 29th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I think there are some gameplay videos around somewhere. Abyssal Chronicles have some videos up of it if you go to their site (not linking because lol I think that place has a forum). I'm curious to see how UFOtable did on the animation and everything (I know there are videos, but I mean most than just what's in the videos), then they took the spot as the animators. I liked their job on Tales of Symphonia: The Animation, but that's the most of what I know from them.

My Max Combo score is pretty pathetic at a bit over 100 in Tales of Symphonia. Enough for Lloyd to get his title, yeah.

Cherrim
August 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I was considering preo-ordering Xillia but I get the most enjoyment out of Tales games in English so I'll wait and see if it gets localized first and, if not, hopefully it'll get a best-of release. Also none of the characters look interesting to me and I don't know a thing about the plot. I'd mostly be getting it to see how well the movable-camera works and that's kind of a bad reason to buy a game, lol. :B

I have no idea what my max combo is because I never, ever pay attention to it. XD;

Sora
August 29th, 2011, 03:07 PM
What I currently find most interesting about Xillia right now (plot wise) is the fact that there are two sides of the story, and you either pick Jude's side, or Milla's side. I'm not too sure which side I would choose first if I ever did pick up the game. xD; Other than those two characters though, I have nooo idea about the other characters. I think I heard about them localizing it, but I think they might wait and see how well Graces F buys out before officially considering it. I think I might buy Graces F, just to show that I'm a Tales of Fan and that I do want them to release more things in English.

Cherrim
August 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I'll buy Graces just for that... I have almost no interest in playing the game itself but I do want them to localize new games so I'll definitely show my support there. :<

ソラ
August 29th, 2011, 04:45 PM
What I currently find most interesting about Xillia right now (plot wise) is the fact that there are two sides of the story, and you either pick Jude's side, or Milla's side. I'm not too sure which side I would choose first if I ever did pick up the game. xD; Other than those two characters though, I have nooo idea about the other characters. I think I heard about them localizing it, but I think they might wait and see how well Graces F buys out before officially considering it. I think I might buy Graces F, just to show that I'm a Tales of Fan and that I do want them to release more things in English.
Either that, or if fan cries for it. Like they did with Graces.

I'll buy Graces just for that... I have almost no interest in playing the game itself but I do want them to localize new games so I'll definitely show my support there. :<

Buying Graces for just localizing. Man, Graces is amazing :). It has a very good story, and the battle system is very addicting. Well to me that is. Also I'll be buying Graces in English as well. trying to make money to get yen psn cards to get Sophie's "Anise" Costume, and Cheria's "Natalia" Costumes. :)

EDIT: Idk my max combo I got yet, I have to look it up I know it is in my Graces File.

Sora
August 29th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Either that, or if fan cries for it. Like they did with Graces.

People cried for it so much because it was a good game and (ever more so) because there hasn't been a release since Vesperia. Now that could stab us in the back. We cried for it, and thus if they don't get the sales they're expecting from Graces F they might become more stubborn. Unlikely, since it seems like they're going to try localize more games, but in reality it's all about the money, just like with everything else. They don't get the amount they're looking for, then they're going to think that localizing things aren't worth it.

ソラ
August 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
People cried for it so much because it was a good game and (ever more so) because there hasn't been a release since Vesperia. Now that could stab us in the back. We cried for it, and thus if they don't get the sales they're expecting from Graces F they might become more stubborn. Unlikely, since it seems like they're going to try localize more games, but in reality it's all about the money, just like with everything else. They don't get the amount they're looking for, then they're going to think that localizing things aren't worth it.

Maybe they will would advertise it better they will get more sells. In my opinion Namco doesnt put too much effort into tales games for outside Japan. I never even heard of Tales games till 2009 or last year (On of those two). Never seen a single Commercial, or advertisement. The only reason we know that abyss and graces f is coming to america cause of the internet, People who doesnt have the internet wouldnt even know it exists. Fact is, Namco games other than Tales, sells more. They need to put more effort and not keep fans in the dark about Tales games. I mean it been Months since we heard a single news about Graces F. all we know it is releasing 2012, that is all no trailer, no information, nothing.

Cherrim
August 29th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Well it's sort of a vicious circle. Namco doesn't advertise the Tales games much, so they don't sell many... and then they don't sell many, so they funnel their marketing budget into more successful series that they know are attention grabbers. :(

U.Flame
August 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Tales series should be advertised. I already imagined an Abyss commercial. Starting with Jade saying "What would you do if you weren't really you?" Then Asch saying "Why you think you and I have the same face?" (Not showing Luke though to prevent spoilers) then Sync saying one of his "Replicas are just trash" lines, then a few replica moral conflicts later, it would go into gameplay details. And of course epic anime scenes.

Cherrim
August 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Honestly, if they did a commercial I worry it would end up like the first English trailer that was released... and it was pretty horrible. :'( If they stuck to anime cutscenes, though, it'd probably be better.

ソラ
August 29th, 2011, 09:07 PM
All I know Japan Tales they know how to advertise it. Their Trailers are amazing. Some of the english Abyss 3D Trailers like the game play trailer .... Im sorry but that was terrible.. I love abyss but the 3d gameplay they showed at Gamescon. Ive been watching Xillia, and Graces Japanese Trailers, I was convinced to get it.

Cherrim
August 29th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah but Tales is waaay bigger in Japan than here, hence the whole marketing budget thing. :( I also don't think their commercials would work as well here, since a lot of emphasis is just on the generic plots and then the mystic arte cut-ins IIRC which... probably would not be a big deal at all, here.

ソラ
August 30th, 2011, 10:47 AM
That is most true. Somethings in America that aren't popular that came from Japan, are a lot more popular in Japan.

Anyways, Since I got what I need in ToGf, Imma start my Sophie Solo run today. But not in Chaos Mode :x that stuff is scary D:.

Also, I made a file for Tales of Hearts a few days ago :3 via rom, but god Shingu's voice :DDDDD

thedestinedblade
August 30th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hm, Hearts actually has a translation script. Might have to try it out if not only for Kohaku. I doubt the patch will ever be completed anyways.

ソラ
August 30th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I'm playing Hearts without the english translation, I like Japanese, and I know what happens but not so sure.

Sora
August 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I've gotten myself a little bit more obsessed with Tales of Symphonia again so sometime this week I might just start it up and play a little bit of my current file. It's one I completely started over, and I want to see how much I can get done (even though I accidentally missed an easy title at the beginning of the game) in one play through. I managed to get Colette's "Friendship First" title; now I'm trying to aim for Genis' "I Hate Gels" title.

thedestinedblade
August 30th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I'm playing Hearts without the english translation, I like Japanese, and I know what happens but not so sure.

What do you mean by like Japanese? You actually understand some of it? I know some people don't care and just play for the gameplay itself. It's hard for me to fully experience the game that way, which is why I don't mind having to wait for Graces or Xillia.

ソラ
August 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
What do you mean by like Japanese? You actually understand some of it? I know some people don't care and just play for the gameplay itself. It's hard for me to fully experience the game that way, which is why I don't mind having to wait for Graces or Xillia.

I mean I like the language Japanese. I do actually understand most of it. But Im no where near fluent I catch some things i understand. Also the scenes help alot. I been playing Japanese games before I took classes, Most of it I guess. I love story, and gameplay. But Graces as a wonderful story and a superb battle system.

Yeah if Xillia gets a localization.

Cherrim
August 30th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I have no real interest in trying out the DS games. (Hearts... was one of the DS titles, right? XD) I tried Innocence as soon as Absolute Zero was done with their translation patch and I did enjoy it somewhat up until... a certain near-impossible boss fight and I just didn't like the characters or the story enough to grind long enough to get past there. :/ And since that was in English and I didn't get through it, I just kind of ignore the other ones. /bad tales fan

Apparently Tales of Xillia got a 39/40 from Famitsu! Not that... it... means anything at all to me since iirc Nintendogs got 40/40 and it was absolutely horrible. (And so did FF13, I think? And it was mediocre at best...) But still! I look forward to hearing about it from people who've played it. If it's good and it never gets localized, I'll probably import eventually.

darklord18
August 30th, 2011, 09:59 PM
well from all the trailer xilla doesn't interest me the bit like Abyss on the 3ds has.

on that note still waiting for TotW RM 3

also I wondering was ToD2 good on the PSP and wroth importing?

just cause I might get it along with ToPX when I next decide to buy them.

ソラ
August 31st, 2011, 09:59 AM
Well Lightning. People has different taste in games. I'm sure alot of people will agree with famitsu 39/40 seems well. But I'm sure I'll love it. FF13 I loved it, just got stuck on it, and I got new games so skipped it for the time being. Also Pokemon gets real good scores, and Pokemon is one of the best rpg series for handheld systems.

But I can't wait till Xillia tho, its another game for me to have on my PS3, and I personality think it is a good game from the looks of the trailers.

thedestinedblade
August 31st, 2011, 11:03 AM
The characters in Xillia, aside from Mira, kinda bore me visually. Either way, I try and stay away from most of the spoilers in hope that if it does get localized, it'll be brand new experience. Even after all this time, I know all the characters in Graces, but that's about it.

Only reason I stopped with Innocence, is that it just didn't feel right trying to play with a keyboard. I hate playing games on the computer already, much less action games that require some button mashing.

Cherrim
August 31st, 2011, 12:14 PM
I have a flash cart so the controls were natural for me... and I suppose the battle system translated okay to DS, but it was still kind of awkward. Regardless, it was the characters that made me not bother. u_u I don't think I liked any of them.

thedestinedblade
August 31st, 2011, 09:39 PM
lol, Luca is a somewhat more tolerable Emil basically. But yeah, I would agree; cast seems a bit lacking.

~Ryukaa
August 31st, 2011, 10:14 PM
I liked the characters in Tales of Innocence. xD;
The only character I'm really neutral about is Ricardo. He seemed to be there just for the ride. o3o

I recently started playing Tales of Eternia and Phantasia, and they're both brilliant.
Though, the voice acting in Eternia is pretty... monotone. xDD;;

thedestinedblade
September 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM
I don't know if I go as far as to call Eternia brilliant, but it does have it's moments. I have the PSX version and there is surprisingly a lot of voice acting in that one.

U.Flame
September 1st, 2011, 05:30 PM
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, my laptop broke but my new phone has internet. And congrats on playing PSX Phantasia again, it truely is epic!

Miss Doronjo
September 4th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Now I just want to ask:

What would be your arte list if you were fighting in an actual Tales of Game? (so if you were in an actual character in the game, what would your arte's be.)

So meaning, my arte list would go like this:

Tiger Blade
Shining Fang
Demon Fang
Indignation

Basically, I'd be a close combat specialist~ :3
I want to use much more artes; but this list just to give you an idea!

And yes; its also basically a "favorite artes and mystic artes" list. :3

Sora
September 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Tiger Rage
Raining Tiger Blade
Pow Hammer
Indignation
Shining Bind
Revitalize

You can have six moves if you use the c-stick up and down options on Symphonia, thus the six moves. I have sooo many favorite moves though, such as Eternal Damnation, Demon Seal, Cyclone, etc etc. xD;

Miss Doronjo
September 4th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Well, I guess if I were to really answer answer my own question:

Tiger Blade
Demonic Tiger Blade
Tempest
Ground Dasher
Indignation
Sword Rain Alpha

But, If there were extra slots available, I guess I'd also use:

Shining Fang
Dragon Swarm
Quazi Seal (It looks amaaaazing in ToS2. :3)
Big Bang (Though sometimes I'd like the name changed on this one. :x Like...Cosmic Blast or something.)

PokéSwimmer
September 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Ooh! ooh! I want to try this!

My ideal character would have these moves:

Artes:
(Fierce) Demon Fang
Psi Tempest
Rising Phoenix
Beast

Spells/throws:
Thunder Blade
Lord of Creation (throw)
Revive (From Symphonia)
Cure

Mystic Arte: Radient Howl

As usual, all spells and throws would be set to shortcuts (pretty sure Abyss can have 4). Lord of Creation is an insanely good move in Legendia.

darklord18
September 5th, 2011, 03:47 AM
I got tales of the world rm3 and love it but i got two question

were is the storage box I got some DLC and can't find it to get the DLC so can someone help?

and were on the site do I enter the password for the event battle in teh areana?

btw with the topci can we also say what I hi ogui would be?

ソラ
September 5th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I got tales of the world rm3 and love it but i got two question

were is the storage box I got some DLC and can't find it to get the DLC so can someone help?

and were on the site do I enter the password for the event battle in teh areana?

btw with the topci can we also say what I hi ogui would be?
To get Downloadable Content is going on the Playstation Network Store, if its Japanese region then go make a Japanese Region account which is quite easy, If it enter a code you can use the redeem option at the PSNstore.

Also Hu ogui it's the same as mystic artes yes?

Miss Doronjo
September 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Well, yeah of course; same thing, just different name~ :3

ソラ
September 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'm still a bit unfamiliar with all the artes, and Mystic artes, let me play more tales games, and get back with everyone on my costume sets. tho I know my favorite mystic artes/Blast calibur/hu ogui is from Sophie from Tales of Graces F, I dont know the name all I know its her 3rd Hi ogui.

darklord18
September 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM
never mind I got it

my hi ogui would be Judas famus one that Idk the name of the one were his mask break.
but my set idk I get back on ot you on that.

I like how Rm3 quest system is so helpful you get a quest Leave and/ it take you to the mape and place you right were you got to go. I guss they did this know fan would import it? lol

smile!
September 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I recently started playing Tales of Eternia and Phantasia, and they're both brilliant.
Though, the voice acting in Eternia is pretty... monotone. xDD;;

The only two games from the Tales series that I ever played. XD

But yeah, I love them both :3

Also, sorry for not being active... much. I always feel left out since I don't play many Tales of series to discuss so... yeah. Checks name on first post... Okay it's still there. *shot*

Might answer that Arte topic later hopefully

EDIT
So urm. I would have.. (Really basic though. XD I don't know that many Artes)

1. Sword Rain
2. Hell Pyre
3. Megasonic Thrust
4. Flame Dance (weird I know, I mean I'd use swords but this one is based off punches and kicks, whatever XD But if this skill is extendable from, say, a combo of multiple slashes and thrusts instead, just if, I'd take it) OR Rising Phoenix (if I can't have Flame Dance XD)
5. Since everyone and their grandma has it Indignation
6. Omega Demon Chaos

And for Mystic Arte, I'd go with Dragon Demon Chaos (extends from ODC). It looks cool :3

parallelzero
September 7th, 2011, 09:37 PM
JOINING!

I bring the two sexy opening sequences of Tales of Xillia as an offering.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1925104856727
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1924800049107

~Ryukaa
September 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I just watched those openings. Just... Holy crap. Wow. They're so beautiful. Ahh, man. One of the times I wished I had a PS3. <_>;

ソラ
September 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM
So like yesterday Play-asia got their pre-order of Tales of Xillia shippment at their warehouse and they posted pictures of it.

Since I pre-ordered it, it sent out later than usually. But mine ship.

Play-asia took these picture (Below all 3 Pictures were took by Play-asia)for people who pre-ordered it cause we requested a picture.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/320962_10150310844823812_106842498811_7897675_615859862_n.jpg
God I wish this was all mine *^*
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/311350_10150310895433812_106842498811_7897930_328623086_n.jpg
^ above is the wrong picture cause it shows the Charm and the Asain verison
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/301244_10150310907273812_106842498811_7897958_1341506447_n.jpg
^ this is the right picture hahah.
Play-asia announced that the pre-orders bonus will go to Japanese version and Asian version.

The Japanese version will get the one out of four charms and the Bonus DLC codes, and Asian will just get the Bonus DLC codes.

I got the asian version. So i'll get the DLC codes. :) so happy finally get to play it. (Soon, Im getting it tomorrow by the route of UPS is taking).

Imma choose Milla, and I love the openings :) I've been spamming the play button on Milla's opening.

Also the asian version is out of stock for the moment till the 20th, alot of pre-orders for that, and the Japanese version still 24H till it ships at the Play-asia site. PS3 Bundle was sold out quicker than you can say Mystic Artes. Bhaha.

Miss Doronjo
September 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Added!

Nooooooooooow, for a question:

Which Tales of character has the most in common with you?

Sora
September 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I just watched those openings. Just... Holy crap. Wow. They're so beautiful. Ahh, man. One of the times I wished I had a PS3. <_>;
And who was the one whow as concerned about UFOtable being the new animators for the game? xD

I haven't watched the openings yet; I'll get around to it in a bit.

I'm not too good at this, so I would rather have someone tell me what one I have in common (well... least personality wise). But to try to answer it myself... I have nooo clue. Probably have said that I'm a mix between Sheena and Colette, or Sheena and Presea, or something else. Personality wise that is. As for in general... I'm still not sure. It doesn't really help that the two Tales of Games that I know know are only Symphonia and Abyss, and none of them I really have anything in common with more than personality wise. I guess Lloyd because I life in the middle of nowhere near a town, buuut.

ソラ
September 9th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I got Tales of Xillia today! It's pretty fun. I like Jude's fighting style

Turns out I did get the Charm, I got Milla :)

Looks like they brought back TP. Unlike Graces, they didnt have TP in their system.
and also brought something really cool into the game that somewhat like titles, and gaining new skills.

Funny story too. My friend and I are sharing DLC with an account we both made. and we both got the asian version, and the Pre-order DLC code told us we had to use the Hong Kong PSN, so we did. Then he got enough money for the JPN account to by the Star divers costumes. And it did a little glitch where it wasnt starting up the game, so what we did was we deleted the data install, and reinstalled it, and it works now. thought i'd share haha.

Also, I wanted to take a picture of all my tales games I own. With my Milla charm.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/309717_272572309438475_100000571240366_1025232_1919339315_n.jpg

Which Tales of character has the most in common with you?:
Hmm I only played 3 tales games. But I have to go with Luke. Im scared to kill someone, and I act like spoiled at time. But laters in my years, I grown to be less spoiled. But I dont ever want to kill, I dont like hurting anything.

thedestinedblade
September 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM
^Let me know if there's any romance in Xillia (Without spoiling, of course) ;D

Tales character with most in common? Honestly no one comes to mind... I definitely have Raven's laziness, but that's about it.

ソラ
September 9th, 2011, 04:12 PM
^Let me know if there's any romance in Xillia (Without spoiling, of course) ;D

Tales character with most in common? Honestly no one comes to mind... I definitely have Raven's laziness, but that's about it.
Yeah sure no problem. If i get to the point if there is romance. I havent played much of it on the count of my hunger, and diabetes. my life comes first before games haha. But as soon as I seen any romance. I'll tell you without spoilers :).

U.Flame
September 9th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I think I'm like Lloyd. I'd like to find a way to help everyone, not just most people.

I have a question about 3DS Abyss. I know there are slight changes such as the touch screen having additional help, but someone earlier said there are also other changes such as artes and moveset. If this is true, where can I find a list of these changes? I tried Googling it but I couldn't find anything.

smile!
September 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Topic

Common? Let's see. I'm awkward around people. I wear glasses. People say I'm clever though I'm actually not that smart. I don't really have a great stamina. That sounds like... Keele. From Tales of Eternia. XD

~Ryukaa
September 10th, 2011, 12:15 AM
And who was the one whow as concerned about UFOtable being the new animators for the game? xD

Okay, I admit! I was a little too paranoid. xDD;;
I was just worried about how they would handle the animation, since this is their first go at a Tales game. But yeah, looks heaps better than I expected, eheh. ^^;

Having only beaten Tales of Symphonia, and only tried some of Innocence, Eternia and Phantasia; this question is kind of hard. I guess I would be closest to Genis and Zelos. Funny mix, yeah, I know. xDD;;
Genis' general personality is alot like mine in ways, but I think I have the trolling levels that Zelos has. Also, I sometimes do things with ulterior motives as well. So yeah. I also tend to make situations awkward time to time.

ソラ
September 11th, 2011, 09:23 PM
http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=709

There may be a localize. inside the game there is some files that are localized ready. Someone went to check the disc of Xillia, and this could be a possible localization of Tales of Xillia :DDD. But it isnt for sure. I heard there was files that may be localization ready for Vesperia PS3 too. But maybe, you never know.

darklord18
September 12th, 2011, 03:04 AM
um just cause it got stuff there hinting to it doesn't mean we get it here

I just order ToP X so I currently stop playing RM3 (i want to trade a save of toPX to get that entral sword)

also here a topic

what are your top fave song/theme/etc that are use in the game, not including opening and why.
here my

Fatalize I just love this song it so well done.
end of a thought I jsut love the theme and I hope the anime uses this theme for that battle and I jsut love it
sad memories. I not going to explain in detail jsut this battle made me cry and want my character to get kill. I love the remix it got RM3
the theme play when lloyd group survie and save lloyd. this is the only non battle theme I love, the fact this is great, and I was enjoying this more than knowing my group was ok. yeah really lol.
fury sparks. need I say more.
Fighting of the spirit this is one I can keep going back and listing to over and over.

strange I a leon and judas fan yet I don't have Leon battle theme in the list I like it but these surppass it.)

ソラ
September 12th, 2011, 10:01 AM
um just cause it got stuff there hinting to it doesn't mean we get it here

Thus is why i said "May" and "possible" its not for sure, its just something.
Probably depending on well Graces F sell.

ToVPS3 probably had those files cause of the Xbox 360 was in english.

U.Flame
September 12th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Just beat PSX Phantasia. I'm suprised that there wasn't an anime scene but it was still epic! I've been wondering, is PSP Phantasia better than PSX Phantasia? I know it has more features but did it take anything out of the original PSX version?

thedestinedblade
September 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
ToVPS3 probably had those files cause of the Xbox 360 was in english.

How's Xillia's battle theme btw? Last couple games Sakuraba's been lacking.

Edit: Never mind. Seems the OST is already out. I'll have to check it out myself.

smile!
September 12th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Favorite soundtracks?

Well. I've only played two games, Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Eternia. In ToE, there were't really many OSTs that I've taken a complete liking to. I do like the Van Eltia theme, the Aerial Board, Rem theme, and Sweet Memories, to name a few. But none really stuck to my head.

In Tales of Phantasia though I've got a truckload of OSTs that I like. Ironic, since I enjoyed ToE's gameplay more. But whatever.

ANYWAY.

Tomorrow is a Holiday
3SEBBAzNY5I

Ary
Rh9i3zEceC8&feature=related

Mint
eQ7o4_JuwN4

Bright Moonlit Night
VENsfUBLycY

I Miss You
if3A3uo9ogA&feature=related

Goodbye Friends
baFvLyckztQ

Just to name a few, really. I've got a ton of likes in the ToP OST. But the one I really personally favor is Tomorrow is a Holiday. How do I say... it's upbeat, harmonious while at the same time reminds you of something happy. And the title itself. XD I used to listen to this track on Fridays. lol.

And of course. Fighting of The Spirit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK1dj_GZ_Vo) is a staple like. XD

sad memories. I not going to explain in detail jsut this battle made me cry and want my character to get kill. I love the remix it got RM3

The name is very misleading. o.o The whole OST was very upbeat, methinks. Unless I got the wrong OST.

thedestinedblade
September 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM
lol, sadly I don't remember any songs from Eternia. Anyways, we had this topic not too long ago so I'll try and choose different tracks this time.

tZt8cvyDddU
Have no idea where this one plays in Legendia, but it's easily my favorite track in the game.

Rq6VJcIX0zo
This is a beautiful song. Plays at the start screen of Innocence.

BW3flhmTF34
The one track that stood out to me in Vesperia. Very peaceful. :D

J2DGtJvglTM
Nothing special about this battle theme, but I found it quite addicting and you can hear some Golden Sun in it too.

Miss Doronjo
September 12th, 2011, 02:46 PM
IIIIIIIII HAVE SO MANY, but, I can list my top ones:

Even though the ToS squeal was kinda "meh" compared to the original ToS, I have to say: the Wilderness of Sadness from Dawn of the New World is easily the best final boss track of the Tales of Series, imho. :> Its epic! I like fightining Richter; but he's no Abyssion though. I WISH HE WAS THOUGH! That could be like an amazing plot twist~ :3

QCKUK2qd5o4

Zaude has to be my favourite place in Tales of Vesperia. :3 Seriously, the music there is outstanding; and there had been a couple of times that I grew tired of certain places in Vesperia because of the music, BUT, not Zaude. Its awesome.

0sRBgEa9tiQ

And yeah, the epic duel between Lloyd and Kratos theme; I jsut realized: its a remix of Kratos's theme! Which is also cool.

uVkk8SQDB-o

I think everyone loves ToS's fatalize theme. :x

sm6Wy04Yaj0

I really gotten to liken ToA's At a time for farewell:

Vj8I_wl0xXk

And finally the meaning of birth; interestingly enough, someone said this in the youtube comments, which I couldn't agree more:
"Does anyone else think that this song is the perfect representation for Asch and Luke? The Woodwind and String instruments are Luke while the Brass and Percussion are representations of Asch. The two exist, in a few ways, as a perfect harmony yet both are constantly competing for control of the song. In a way, both complement and help each other in ways neither see, even if they deny it in the game.
I like how Asch barges in and how Luke seems to step aside at times, just like the game."

w-AoP3NOja0

And well, I guess those six for now~
There are lots more, but I'm kinda lazy posting them all, lol.

I guess you can say more of my favourite tracks:

~ Awkward Justice
~ Regal's theme
~ Fighting of the spirits (ToS's and ToP's versions)
~ The theme where you fight a Renegade member in ToS [forgot what that's called]

~Ryukaa
September 12th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Let's see... I have quite alot of songs that I'm fond of as well. xD;
Alright, let the list begin!

This song is absolutely fantastic for a home town theme. Sounds so good when you first start the game.
v/5ZeZJ37hsOs

Now, I haven't actually played Abyss yet. I have heard quite a few songs from the game, though.
And this song works so well for the first form of the final boss. Seriously. Really gets you in a "Let's kick your ass!" mood. xDD;;
v/Wk9fbj4q-i0

Ever since playing Symphonia, this song has been one of my favourites in any RPG I've played. One of those songs that really bring out the atmosphere.
v/gCwOeAyIQ2k

This is another great boss theme, and is also from Symphonia. I don't think anybody can hate on this song, really. xD;
v/25-BEGZCc0U

Also, this song. It seems really different from Motoi's usual style, and it turned out really well.
Another Tales game I've yet to play. o3o
v/j7d4dvaP5wo

There are other songs that I really like, but I can't think of them at the top of my head right now. But yeah, these are the ones that come to mind. They're all awesome, though. xD;

ソラ
September 13th, 2011, 11:25 AM
1.] Tales of the Abyss - Meaning of Birth; At first when i first heard it on youtube before I got to the fight of Asch, I thought it was the ending theme, but when I faced Asch, I was hoping up and down :D. One of my favorite tracks, and Miss Doronjo was right about the statement of the comment. Also the reason why, I love the melody, and how it sounds similar to Karma.

v/w-AoP3NOja0
Didn't want to go search for it, so I took the link from Miss Doronjo post haha.

2] Tales of Graces - I want to protect you ~white wishes~ (Ending Version);
I love this theme cause it reminds me of Sophie and Asbel's friendship and how they want nothing more to protect eachother. :3

v/oj23hqARZU4

3] Tales of Graces F - Battle Music - Idol Master Cheria Theme;
I love this theme I just love it, not much of a reason makes me just want to dance :D
this song is also feature in my theme below Cheria (Red head girl haha).

v/dx9aDkmIFQ8

4] Tales of Xillia OST - Clenching the Fists (Jude);
This is the most recent OST, I love this theme while i battle, gets me pumped up to kick some major monsters butt :D

v/joeqabwqMz4

5] Tales of Xillia OST - Melee Dance!; this one I havent heard yet in my ToX game. But I heard it on Youtube a bit before I got the game. I love it cause I just do, I cant really explain.

v/MkFFhn_dc6U

Well that is it, I have more, Just wanted to share you with these 5 :)

Sora
September 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I'll do favorite music later. Right now though, we have some news.

First, we have our new Tales of Game, which is the following:
http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/fusion/uploads/toir.jpg
According to the producers it's not going to be a 'remake' but a 're-imagination'.
It will be a complete reconstruction of the game's theme (story theme), battles and system. According to them, the game's scenario will be redone from its very beginning, its battle system improved (if not remade), and there will also be a new opening movie.

Also, it's going to have a new character that wasn't in the original game, aaaand it's for the Playstation Vita.

Personally, I'm a little clashed on this, because I want a Symphonia remake while I can't say whether or not Innocence was originally a good game or not, you don't really hear about it too often. Perhaps it could be that it was never released from Japan, but neither was Hearts or Graces (before they announced they were bringing it over) and you heard more about them.

ANYWAYS. To the next game. It doesn't have a title bar yet, but it's Tales of the Heroes: Twin Blade for the Playstation Portable. This is one of those spin-off games with a bunch of Tales of Characters, and it's going to feature characters from Tales of Phantasia all the way up to Tales of Xillia. So far the following characters have been confirmed:

Lloyd Irving - Tales of Symphonia
Zelos Wilder - Tales of Symphonia
Yuri Lowell - Tales of Vesperia
Flynn Scifo - Tales of Vesperia
Jude Mathis - Tales of Xillia
Milla Maxwell - Tales of Xillia

This one made me a little happier because two Symphonia characters we one of the first six announced. /brick'd. Buuuut, I still don't have a Playstation Portable. ;A;

Magazine image for Tales of the Heroes: Twin Blade (http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/BYd8F.jpg) || Tales of Innocence R Site (http://toi-r.namco-ch.net/)

thedestinedblade
September 14th, 2011, 12:58 PM
lol, the Vita seems to be nothing but ports at the moment. Why Innocence though? If I remember correctly, it didn't sell all too well in Japan in the first place. I really see no chance of it ever coming stateside. I don't think a new character can really save that bland cast either.

I really don't have much to say on the fan-service game because they really never interested me in the first place.

I know it won't be too long before Namco-Bandai reveals an enhanced version of Xillia. :/

Sora
September 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Right now I just want a flippin' Tales of Symphonia remake from them or something, or at least something with a more interesting cast. Tales of Xillia looks pretty nice, but other than Milla and maaaybe Jude none of that cast doesn't really strike me as interesting either. :/ Character wise they seem to have gone a little downhill since Vesperia, but that's my opinion.

Miss Doronjo
September 14th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Tales of Heros Twin Blade, huh?

Well, I'll be honest: I was toooo big of a fan of Tales of Cross over games, they're still fun! Just not my favourite. Well, I can't wait for this one then; cause it has Yuri and Flynn; whiiich makes me happeh.

You know, they could easily make a Tales of Symphonia remake or I dunno, squeal to it even! Featuring Mithos. i want a vesperia remake mysellf. </3

ソラ
September 14th, 2011, 03:57 PM
lol, the Vita seems to be nothing but ports at the moment. Why Innocence though? If I remember correctly, it didn't sell all too well in Japan in the first place. I really see no chance of it ever coming stateside. I don't think a new character can really save that bland cast either.

I really don't have much to say on the fan-service game because they really never interested me in the first place.

I know it won't be too long before Namco-Bandai reveals an enhanced version of Xillia. :/
except Innocence R isnt a port. Namco said they are re-building everything in this game.

The reason for Enhanced ports its cause of how badly they sold.
Xillia sold half million copies in the first week. Doubt there will be a Enhance port for Xillia. (Anytime soon that is)

I effing love Xillia. I think its a good game. I really do. :3

darklord18
September 14th, 2011, 05:39 PM
i going to be the first

Tales of twin sword hero is going to be great. but it need a bit of Judas in it (i a judas fanboy)

and ToI remake oh come on why not ToT which need a remake of the entire game. why something that is sorta better than tempest be remade when Tempest was so bad?

anyway on th topic of character personailty game after Vespiria werent that good.

but Vespiria can't compare to ToS personilty.

thedestinedblade
September 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Either way, you know they'll be making a Tales of Xillia (insert random letter) eventually. ;)

Reason for enhanced ports is to make quick cash. It doesn't require too much effort, and most of the time the payoff is quite good especially if it's a popular game.

Yes, this Innocence R is not just a simple port. They'll be various changes to the battle system and whatnot, but it's kinda hard for me to get excited about it. I would preferred an entirely new game for the Vita.

ソラ
September 15th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Sorry if this post seems weird, doing this on my iPhone;

Maybe Innocence R will be a test on how it runs for vita for future projects? Many companies do that.

U.Flame
September 15th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Will Innocence R be released outside of Japan?

ソラ
September 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Will Innocence R be released outside of Japan?
Not even released in Japan, I doubt we will know this early.

Miss Doronjo
September 15th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Well, as much as I disagree with the "Vesperia can't compare with Symphonia" topic, I guess after words, the games didn't struck me as fancy YET, but I need to play the games first. @_@;

U.Flame
September 15th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Gasp! The founder of the club hasn't played them yet?

Sora
September 15th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I think what Shawn means is the games such as Innocence and such. I know Shawn has played Symphonia and Vesperia, as well as Abyss (he did the Jabberwocky quest I asked him to do, lulz).

Anyways, Vesperia got a new version of itself not too long ago with a new character, so I don't see another one coming out soon. I wouldn't mind like..Destiny or Eternia getting reported because it's been a while for them and I have never played the games myself. Of course, I want Symphonia to get remade/whatever, mainly so it'll stop being overshadowed by Abyss just because of a better battle system. I still want to know their reasoning for Innocence. Perhaps they are just testing it, but still...

thedestinedblade
September 15th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Destiny's been remade twice. Eternia and Destiny 2 got a PSP port, so yeah, that only leaves Symphonia as still being "untouched." Well, there was that PS2 port, but I'm not sure that counts.

ソラ
September 15th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Destiny's been remade twice. Eternia and Destiny 2 got a PSP port, so yeah, that only leaves Symphonia as still being "untouched." Well, there was that PS2 port, but I'm not sure that counts.
I think it counts, they added two new anime scenes, they touched it.
Tales of Hearts didnt really get touched(I pretty much meant idk if Hearts CG Edition and Anime Edition got released at the same time).

thedestinedblade
September 15th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I guess. It was solely ported to the PS2 because Symphonia didn't sell well on Gamecube (in Japan, that is)

lol, ever hear of Tales of the Tempest? It was originally a mothership title, but because of the overwhelming negative reviews, it was removed from the mothership series. If any game needs to be remade, it's that one.

~Ryukaa
September 16th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I've played some of Tales of the Tempest. It's alright. Just feels... really easy. xD;
Anyway, I'm personally hyped about Tales of Innocence R. I don't care what anybody says, I loved the characters and story of the original. Really good stuff, imo.

I'm just wondering why they haven't remade Phantasia with the super awesome looking graphics at their disposal. o3o
I'm usually not too big on judging games based on graphics, but having Phantasia in Vesperia or Xillia's style would be fantastic.

parallelzero
September 16th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Destiny doesn't need another version. Overkiiiiill. x.x I'd rather Eternia or something get remade, since when I played through the EU version of Eternia for the PSP, it felt really old. I guess Phantasia would be nice, but like with Destiny I find no real appeal in the characters. Definitely my least favorite casts from what I've seen of them in the three Radiant Mythology games (a trilogy I finally finished a month or two ago \o/).

I'm kind of hoping ToI:R makes it to NA. At least now it isn't confined to the poor hardware of the DS. I started a run of the game fanslated on my DS, but maybe I should stop now. XD That said, I'd like it if we had more news on Graces F, or even a confirmation on Xillia being brought over. I don't know why they wouldn't. It's Japanese sales right now are ridiculous.

Miss Doronjo
September 16th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Mmm, here's a side question if you would like to answer; annnnd this might be a little weird, BUT:

Where would you go picnicing?

Basically, from any Tales game, where would you go picnicing, or at least, where you would like to travel to. (basically its a "favourite location" type of question).

You know what! I'd picnic in Zaude; YOU GET TO EAT INSIDE A WEAPON; sooo freakin' rad! Well, actually, theeee best reason I can come up with is that everything seems so peaceful inside; of course, then again, there's the rising water, you'd just have to get to high ground. :3

Sora
September 16th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Ahhh, So Destiny is there with Phantasia with already having it remade a few? I just know that Phantasia has been put on several ports, which is why I didn't recommend it to be remade/whatever. Tales of Symphonia diiiid get a new port, but it was a kind of a downgrade than an upgrade due to the lag and everything.

More news on Graces F or Xillia would be great. I don't have a PS3, but if those two get translated, I just miiiiight get one since that's two games I would like to play for it. I seem to get consoles these days for Tales of Games ( I got the Wii for ToS2 even though it doesn't compare to the original ) so it's a possibility.

I'll answer the question later ( need to stop delaying these. xD) I have to get ready to go to class. =3=;

ソラ
September 16th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Speaking about Tales of Graces: f. FilthieRich said on his twitter he is awaiting approval from higher ups to share news about ToGf. So there might be news soon? haha.

@the question

Lhant Hill. Seems like a nice place to picnicing (especially with Sophie~Chan). I have tiny obsession with Sophie :3.

Liacri
September 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'd probably go picnicking in Grand Chokmah. There's a park there, if I remember correctly. It seems like it would be a nice place for a picnic. Lots of waterfalls. Though you might have to beware of rampaging rappigs getting in the food....

(I am pretty new to this club, by the way, so... hi. :3)

U.Flame
September 19th, 2011, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=BinaryPeaches;6850504](he did the Jabberwocky quest I asked him to do, lulz).
What's this about a Jabberwocky quest? I always thought that enemy was too amazing to not have a purpose.

Inkpuddle
September 21st, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm so glad this club is still alive. ;_; I've been on a bit of a hiatus these past few months and I was sure it'd be gone when I came back. I suppose the upcoming release of Xillia has helped keep the club alive, but whatever the case I'm just glad it's active.

Where would you go picnicking?
Derris Kharlan, because space picnics are highly underrated. I'll have to remember not to put tomato on the sandwiches...

ソラ
September 22nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
I beat Tales of Xillia (Jude Story) today. For someone who asked me about romance in the game, there is some. :) not telling tho but there is some :3.

Now I have to grind for some Grade, and then start on Milla's story :3.

thedestinedblade
September 22nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
I beat Tales of Xillia (Jude Story) today. For someone who asked me about romance in the game, there is some. :) not telling tho but there is some :3.

Now I have to grind for some Grade, and then start on Milla's story :3.

Well, I have been seeing quite a bit of Jude x Milla fanart lately. ;)

Karasuma
September 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I'd like to join please?

I would love if Namco made a third Symphonia game, there's still so much to tell in the world of Sylvarant and Tethealla. I would like to use Lloyd and go on his Exphere adventure and more character development with Genis and Presea, like see them grow older(well for Genis erm..) and being able to visit Derris-Karlan again...we all miss Kratos and his epic sayings.

ソラ
September 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Well, I have been seeing quite a bit of Jude x Milla fanart lately. ;)
Ahhh yus.
Jude x Milla.

Imma put this in spoiler it has nothing to do with storyline but I dont recommend reading this since it is gameplay spoilers, and title spoiler, and system spoiler, if you're waiting for a possible localization (I highly doubt it will), then dont read it, but if you dont care since it has nothing to do with story, just system/gameplay/title spoiler than open it up :D
There are titles in the game and what you do is to be on link mode for 30 mins with a certian character, like say Jude Link to Milla for 30 mins, and you get the title Jude♥Milla, For Jude you need to Link all 5 of them linked for 30 mins excluding himself to get the Jude♥, As for Milla you need to get 4 of them linked for 30 mins each excluding Jude, and Milla, since Milla is in Jude♥'s titles to get Milla♥'s title. and so on, like Alvin is 3 of the characters to link to, Elise is 2 to link to, and Rowen is 1 to link to etc etc.

^ I thought it was funny tho.

I love the ending tho, I DO WISH I CAN POST THE VIDEO D: But I dont want to risk for spoilers. Unless someone wants me to :3 (I'll put it in a spoiler tag tho too)

thedestinedblade
September 22nd, 2011, 11:00 PM
I'll wait for localization (however low or high the chances may be). :)

Did you enjoy it more than Graces F or Abyss even?

ソラ
September 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
I'll wait for localization (however low or high the chances may be). :)

Did you enjoy it more than Graces F or Abyss even?
Nah, I like Graces F, and Abyss more. But since it is only my 3rd tales games. it is in my top 3 hahha. I have to play more to make a list tho. But I love Abyss ending, and I especially loved Graces Ending. But I thought Xillia is a great game, I love the characters, and the story. :3.

U.Flame
September 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Blasphamy! No Tales game is better than Abyss! Best characters, amazing story and best damns battle system I've ever seen.

ソラ
September 23rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
Blasphamy! No Tales game is better than Abyss! Best characters, amazing story and best damns battle system I've ever seen.
Tho Graces F, and Xillia has a better battle system then Abyss. :x

~Ryukaa
September 24th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Well, I guess Abyss is the best Tales game to have an English release! xD;
I wouldn't know, I haven't played it yet.

Symphonia is fantastic, though. Just saying. o3o

U.Flame
September 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I haven't tried those, but of all the Tales battles I've seen, Abyss has the best physics. The FOF, Overlimit, Mystic Artery and staggering physics. The NUMBER ONE reason why Abyss battles can't be beat: Jade. 'Nuff said.

ソラ
September 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I haven't tried those, but of all the Tales battles I've seen, Abyss has the best physics. The FOF, Overlimit, Mystic Artery and staggering physics. The NUMBER ONE reason why Abyss battles can't be beat: Jade. 'Nuff said.
Tales of Graces F has a no TP in the game, But you have to raise that number in right on your picture to have it has enough combos, to do artes, and you can do blast calibur early in the game if you want, BC is basically mystic artes.

Tales of Xillia - brought back alot of stuff in tota, except for FOF, they have TP back, they have mystic artes, but a new thing called the Link artes, where you can link a character up with eachother and make a whole new arte, and you can do another thing called Link Hi ougi, where you can do a hi ougi with eachother.

Sora
September 24th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Tho Graces F, and Xillia has a better battle system then Abyss. :x
Yeah. I hope you noticed that you're the only one who has even played those games. =3= Going with U_Flame here.

And Ryuryu, that's based on opinion. xD A lot of people like Symphonia the best, and a lot of people like Vesperia the best. Just saying. :3;

The 'link artes' were kiiiiind of in Tales of Symphonia 2, but not really. Just instead of using a high-ougi Emil and whoever is able to do a combined attack together. I guess they were more along the lines of the latter that you mentioned? As for FOF I'm not surprised.

Miss Doronjo
September 25th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Link Artes do remind me of Unions attacks from ToS 1 and 2. Well, except ToS 2 only has one Link MA. Ain Soph Aur with Marta or something.

I think I already said a lot on why Vesperia's my favorite, lol. <3 I love Abyss's gameplay too, I just didn't like the frame by frame that much.

Sora
September 25th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think that one would be the link mystic arte type of thing. There's those times when you can have two characters use an attack if you have the bar at half-full and decide to release it then. I think then it's monster and person though. I don't quite remember.

But yeah, link artes could be like the unison attacks in ToS. That's true.

My reasons for liking Symphonia kind doesn't have to do with the gameplay, since well... the gameplay is "lacking" compared to the others so to say? Not exactly it's fault since it was made before the other games and that haven't remade it or anything yet...

U.Flame
September 26th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Symphonic 2 was pretty damn good. But it's biggest flaw was not being able to level up the Symphonic 1 people.

thedestinedblade
September 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I wish that was the game's biggest flaw than I would have found it somewhat more enjoyable. The game just seems like a rushed mess.

Miss Doronjo
September 26th, 2011, 12:22 PM
It was good, in fact its very good for nostalgia purposes, it just; yeah, it feels like its rushed.

I would only say my biggest complaint is the fact that its sorta...unbalanced. You can honestly wipe out an entire monster's team with Emil, imho; or face a really tough level 50 enemy in like the first 50 minutes in the game.

Honestly, it still does have potential! I wouldn't mind a remake of it.

[and tbh, how many times have I said Emil and Marta needed their own human party members. xD]

Karasuma
September 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM
When you play the game for the second time its actually easier to beat Lloyd and you get a huge EXP. Lloyd was very easy to control in Symphonia 1 but I found him to be a bit of a pain in Symphonia 2. Perhaps he needed an extra Add Combo. I loved his Accelerate though.

Sora
September 27th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Since we're on the topic of Symphoniaaaaa

UYje2InnHCc

Ending theme for Tales of Symphonia the Animation: United Worlds. I love it. So much. hnnnnnng. The Opening should actually be released like... reaaaaally soon so I just can't wait to hear it. Ahhhhhh, I can't wait until November omg. <3

U.Flame
September 27th, 2011, 10:46 AM
The Symphonia anime is decent, but it's too rushed. Abyss had plenty of episodes to cover almost everything!

~Ryukaa
September 27th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Too rushed? No way. Each episode is more than half an hour long, and done beautifully. The animation itself is brilliant, and it's the most colorful OVA I've seen in my life. Not to mention it has original music, which sounds awesome. The Abyss anime was rushed, imo.
Besides, the Symphonia OVA isn't meant to be exactly like the game.

That's just my opinion, though.

Sora
September 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM
You reaaaaally have to be open-minded when it comes to the OVA. For one, it's not a full-fledged anime, like Tales of the Abyss. Of course they have to switch some things around and cut things out. It's basically what Ryuryu said, especially when it comes to the animation. Compared to Abyss' animation, which I found to be a bit lacking, Symphonia's is just gorgeous because of the amount of time spent on it (or rather, because of how long it takes for each episode to come out, so yeah).

The animation has it's good points, but you won't find it if you're just close-minded about it, and fret that it's not like the game and it's 'too rushed'. It's hard to fit everything into ten episodes, after all, and back then they probably didn't even know that they were going to give it this many episodes.

Also, while it may not have been a full-fledged anime, it got more openings and endings than Abyss', and each of them are just as amazing as the nest. I can't wait to see the opening for this upcoming two episodes, and apparently there is going to be a different ending for each of the two next episodes (I think?) so if it is the case I can't wait to hear what the other ending it going to be.

Miss Doronjo
September 28th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Do you know if they plan to make the OVA for Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk?

Sora
September 28th, 2011, 06:37 AM
They haven't said anything, so no idea. Think we might need to wait for United Worlds to end before hearing anything if they are.

U.Flame
September 29th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I'm not saying the Symphonia OVA isn't beautiful, and I know they cover less because of few episodes. I just prefer Abyss. Also, is it me or were the physics in the Symphonia OVA more exaggerated than Abyss? (High jumping, dust clouds with every attack, etc.)

Sora
September 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM
... Dust Clouds? You're going to have to give me example of these dust clouds. ._. I saw no dust clouds in the last episode. At all. I can't tell you about Abyss because I never watched the anime. Watched a few episodes here and there, but it didn't catch my attention like Symphonia. Might be because I have much more love for Symphonia than Abyss but...

Anyways, I'm fine with you preferring abyss, but I'm saying that your reason for liking it more can easily be an opinion and objected upon.

Now, I shall present to you an amazing image that shows some things for the next ToS episode. <3

Here's one at the UFOtable Cafe's site (http://www.ufotable.com/cafe/tokyo/gallery/tos/index.html)
Then there is this one (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/cutepresea/ToSUW1.jpg) and this one (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/cutepresea/ToSUW2.jpg)

And my comments in the spoiler.
Zelos with Wings! I really hope this doesn't mean that he'll be completely betraying the group. I really hope that it's the 'fake' betrayal, and they take it sort of like the Manga route. According to some people who have viewed the screening, Seles is at least going to mentioned in the next episode, so we'll just have to see! Also according to those that saw the screening, Yuan is going to be using Indignation. Can't wait!

Also...

mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos mithos

ソラ
September 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Well I have watched all of Abyss anime adaption. When I can find the ToS Ova I'll download them and watch them :3.
But I do want to play ToS first before watching the ova.

Sora
September 29th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Playing the game (or at least reading the manga) is definitely recommended before watching the OVA. Unlike the Abyss anime, it's just soo much easier to understand if you play the game first. I've learned that people have enjoyed the OVA more if they have played the game and know the story.

U.Flame
September 30th, 2011, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=BinaryPeaches;6868906]... Dust Clouds? You're going to have to give me example of these dust clouds.QUOTE]

The fight with Zelos and Regal for example. When Regal hit the ground, there was an exaggerated dust cloud effect. And it left bent and damaged concrete, which is a little much for falling from the not-so-high building.

The fight was still epically epic though. ^_^

Sora
September 30th, 2011, 01:53 PM
You said it like there was more than one instant, and that it happened too often. :/ Let's also not forget that Regal is different than your average human...

But, I'd rather not fret with the minor details. The majority of cartoons/animes defy the law of physics these days anyways.

U.Flame
September 30th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it did happen too often. But I can't watch it since my laptop broke so maybe you're right, maybe it's less exaggerated than I thought.

Sora
September 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I watched the Sylvarant Arc multiple times, as well as the other three episodes (first one I only watched once or so) of the Tethe'alla arc. While I don't remember every minor detail (especially not how many dust clouds there are) the ones I do remember can make sense (eg: the one when Zelos and Regal are fighting for the first time and Zelos is knocked into Altessa's house. Altessa's house is built out of rock and dirt, and thus would cause a dust cloud as such). Let us remember the environments that fought in.

Why are we arguing about dust clouds anyways. They have nothing to do with the plot, and like I said, physic laws are broken all the time in entertainment. :I Who really cares. Hell for all we know maybe that's how their magic works. =u= To be quite honest, I just want the next episode.

U.Flame
September 30th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to see how the anime finishes!

Miss Doronjo
October 2nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT YESTERDAY. :D
I didn't take the actual picture, but I saw it at a shop where they sell various plushes, and this was in it. :3

And yeah, its originally from Tokyo. :3

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ft152jTPWFY/TnIXv7JZvAI/AAAAAAAAAM0/ft7hTi5uZ60/s800/IMG_6865.JPG

~Ryukaa
October 2nd, 2011, 06:40 AM
Holy lord, I suddenly want a Repede plushie. That looks... so cuddly and wellmade! :DDD

U.Flame
October 2nd, 2011, 06:26 PM
I want a cheagle plushie! And a Colette plushie, Zelos plushie, Jade plushie, Noishe plushie, and most importantly, ARCHE! I comission a friend for an Arche crochet plushie but I think she's too busy. T_T

~Ryukaa
October 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Woah.
I just woke up, and I think that Repede plushie crept into my dreams. o3o
Weird. xDDD;;

A Cheagle plushie would be fun to throw around.

Sora
October 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
omg, that's adorable. xD

I myself would want either a Noishe or a Corrine plushie (omg corrriiiiiine. ;____;) Either of those would be fantastic! I wouldn't mind a Cheagle plushie either. For the time being though I guess I'm good with my several onecoin figurines. xD

I actually have an image of my Tales of Symphonia figurines (and I think myself as Mithos in the image). I'll see about digging it up and showing it you all if you'd like.

ソラ
October 3rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
So like i decided to buy Symphonia, but the PS2 version.
Mainly I dont own a GC Controller, and I dont have a memory card, and Im more of a Playstation Player than I am with a Nintendo player, I feel more comfortable with a PS1/PS2/PS3 controller to play rpgs.

Sora
October 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Just a fair warning that while the PS2 version does have more material, it's prone to far more lagging than the Gamecube version, because of the framerate. I'll have to punch something if you dislike how the game works because of the lag.

I've always wanted to play the PS2 version because >more material, but I've been told that it's not worth the constant lagging. This is why Symphonia needs to be remade.

ソラ
October 3rd, 2011, 05:52 PM
Just a fair warning that while the PS2 version does have more material, it's prone to far more lagging than the Gamecube version, because of the framerate. I'll have to punch something if you dislike how the game works because of the lag.

I've always wanted to play the PS2 version because >more material, but I've been told that it's not worth the constant lagging. This is why Symphonia needs to be remade.
Lagging should be the last of my worries. Now if it wont work. THEN I'll complain. Like i said Im more of a PS2 gamer, than i am a Nintendo gamer, I wouldnt dislike the game for just lagging, specially for an RPG I get catched on with story, and gameplay.

Cherrim
October 5th, 2011, 09:40 AM
He's played Abyss. That has the same lag rate as Symphonia did, I find, and since he hasn't played the GCN version, he won't know what he's missing. :P

Omg that Repede is adorable. ;_; I had no idea they even made that! They should make a puppy!Repede too.

Sora
October 5th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Really? When I heard you talk about the lag before, it sounded like it was worse than Abyss' Erica. xD I'm never listening to you again.

Aaaaanyways, I'm still standing by my 'Tales of Symphonia needs to be remade' or 'Prequel' stuff. (b'')b

A puppy Repede would be adorable, despite the fact that I never played the game in full. o3o

Cherrim
October 5th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Well it might have been worse simply because it was their first attempt at a PS2 game, but I imagine it was so bad mainly because I remember how instantaneous the load times were in the GCN. :<

Also puppy!Repede is in the prequel movie (First Strike... or whatever) so no need to even finish the game to see him. :>

ソラ
October 5th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Well I did order the game last night it should be shipped out tonight. I cannot wait~
Yes I did play Abyss. Infact, I beat it ~ and own it, and loves it :D
I'm sure imma love Symphonia from all the rumors I heard from certain people (i.e. Tara; And one other friend) :o I probably would love it :o I still need to finish Xillia I beat Jude's story, I'm on Milla's story right now Just taking my time haha.

Cherrim
October 5th, 2011, 10:38 PM
How's Xillia? Compared to the games you've played. I honestly haven't heard anything about it since the Famitsu review and I don't trust that magazine's reviews at all. :s

(And you will love Symphonia, though after recent games the battle system is a little painful to ease back into. But the story and characters are great.)

Sora
October 6th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Also puppy!Repede is in the prequel movie (First Strike... or whatever) so no need to even finish the game to see him. :>
yeah. I still need to watch First Strike. I've been meaning to (and was going to at a convention since they were showing it there) but I didn't get the chance. xD

Anyways. Yes, you'll love Symphonia. It's just as Erica says, though I've been playing Symphonia lately so the battle system is something I'm perfectly content with (and I actually had to ease my way back into Abyss' fighting style a little bit ago).

Speaking of Symphonia:
P6v4W3XKi2s
(dat screenshot before you click play hnnnnnnnnnng. <3333)

You guys have no idea how much I squealed (and still am) about this... except for Ryuryu who was on MSN when I was doing so. xD

U.Flame
October 6th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Squeeeee! That's so awesome! I'm guessing more depth on Martel?

ソラ
October 6th, 2011, 10:07 AM
How's Xillia? Compared to the games you've played. I honestly haven't heard anything about it since the Famitsu review and I don't trust that magazine's reviews at all. :s

(And you will love Symphonia, though after recent games the battle system is a little painful to ease back into. But the story and characters are great.)

I really really like Xillia, I love the gameplay and battle system, and the story.
Alot of the system in this game is really cool. But still it isnt my favorite Tales game, Its behind Graces and Abyss for me. My Favorite is Graces. But Abyss beat Graces by it's story imo. But Abyss will always be near the top of my top 5 (when i get a top 5 hahaha), Symphonia is gonna be my 4th tales game I own. Gonna still get the 3D version of Abyss haha I want to play Abyss when im like in a car, and be like "Yus, im playing abyss...in the car", or on a plane, or in my room in bed idk.

Also alot of people complained about ToX, that there isnt any Cameo battles. But that doesnt really piss me off, mainly I can careless with Cameo battles. If you want a cameo battle. dress them up in a Tales Outfit and fight them in arena, then there is your cameo battle >.> Also some people complain that it barely has any ingame costume, the costumes are there, just buy them, i know some people can't but it just a side thing to play dress up. I think there is a few more things people didnt like, say like it was too short, or it doesnt feel complete. It has a good amount of side events, titles to earn, trophies to get, it has a lot of content in this game, that it doesnt need a director's cut to make. I personally think its a good enough game to not get a enhance port, or a director cut, I know it isnt going on Xbox one of the Namco team said it via twitter, and Xbox failed hard in Japan. Also in Japan every game they ported to the Ps3 got a better outcome in sells. So basically if they make a updated version they may slap "Director's cut" and put it on PS3 like in Destiny for Ps2.

From the recent games of the battle system, and i played Abyss's battle system, it was easy to get used to, and it didnt bother me, so Symphonia's system I learn quickly and go with the flow and learn then I'll be fine.

yeah. I still need to watch First Strike. I've been meaning to (and was going to at a convention since they were showing it there) but I didn't get the chance. xD

Anyways. Yes, you'll love Symphonia. It's just as Erica says, though I've been playing Symphonia lately so the battle system is something I'm perfectly content with (and I actually had to ease my way back into Abyss' fighting style a little bit ago).

Speaking of Symphonia:
P6v4W3XKi2s
(dat screenshot before you click play hnnnnnnnnnng. <3333)

You guys have no idea how much I squealed (and still am) about this... except for Ryuryu who was on MSN when I was doing so. xD

What I said above to Erica. I'mma drop everything even ToX to play Symphonia tho, so I can beat it, and just take my time with it. I may have to look at youtube vids for the english version to get the story, since this version is in Japanese, But I'll be okay as long as I understand the characters, and know how to use the battle system, I'm sure I'mma fall for this game like I did with the others~.

That Trailer is epic btw :o After I beat ToS, Imma go download the Ova >:3

Sora
October 6th, 2011, 03:41 PM
All I'm going to say is don't look at Zelos by his cover. I hate it when people do that. xD

The OVA has (gonna have) three arcs. There's the Sylvarant Arc, Tethe'alla, and then the upcoming United Worlds arc. Sylvarant arc was 'eh'. They definitely bumped up their game with the Tethe'alla arc, and I have the feeling this last arc is going to be simply fa-bu-lous~~~!

U.Flame
October 6th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Ahh! Crisis! I found a badass Zelos fan stamp! Should it replace Arche on my avatar? I love them both! What about Jade? I couldn't find a stamp of him.

ソラ
October 6th, 2011, 07:22 PM
All I'm going to say is don't look at Zelos by his cover. I hate it when people do that. xD

The OVA has (gonna have) three arcs. There's the Sylvarant Arc, Tethe'alla, and then the upcoming United Worlds arc. Sylvarant arc was 'eh'. They definitely bumped up their game with the Tethe'alla arc, and I have the feeling this last arc is going to be simply fa-bu-lous~~~!

LOL oh I think i know who you are talking about, Nah. Im sure he is bad ass :o.

Does the OVA follow the game or is it like a thing after the game or something?

Cherrim
October 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM
The OVA sort of summarizes the game. It's pretty much taken directly from the game. But it's pretty, so it's worth watching.

I hadn't heard there's a third part to it though. :O I'm actually not even sure I'm caught up on Tethe'alla. @_@

Sora
October 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM
The OVA "follows" the game. It's quite different from the game though, but if you're open-minded about it you can enjoy it just as much as the game itself (and hell... the characters are animated, which is why I really enjoy the OVA, on top of other things such as the music). The manga is closer to the game itself, but it still have some differences for the same reason (lack of space). However, both of them do have some aspects that weren't really delved upon in the game, such as Zelos and Regal's past. The Manga delves more into Zelos, and Regal has his own episode to himself really in the OVA.

Basically, the game obviously tops all, but there are aspects of the Manga and OVA that people can argue is better than the Game. (There are also the drama CDs, but I never listened to them woe is i).

or just go with what Erica said, because that's basically what I said but in much simpler terms. xD

... You haven't Erica? Where have you been. xD The third part is releasing next month, and I have a feeling that these days two episodes are going to be amazing. <3 If you haven't seen about ten second of Mithos, I don't think you're caught up in Tethe'alla yet. :P

Cherrim
October 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I only saw two episodes of Tethe'alla. I'm... definitely behind. xD; I'll have to hurry up and download it when I get back to school on Monday. @_@

Miss Doronjo
October 7th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Don't worry, I need to catch up a bit too! I think I only have 2 more episodes to go in Tethe'alla; I haven't caught up, since I was busy with Soul Eater.

Well, I'm still pretty bothered by the fact that Abyss for 3DS is delayed until next year without any proper reason. :x

ソラ
October 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Don't worry, I need to catch up a bit too! I think I only have 2 more episodes to go in Tethe'alla; I haven't caught up, since I was busy with Soul Eater.

Well, I'm still pretty bothered by the fact that Abyss for 3DS is delayed until next year without any proper reason. :x

It could be that they want to have it on a date where nothing too big is selling so it can get some sells?

Also My ToS is in my town out for delivery. I cannot wait >.<. I love how Play-asia is fast

EDIT: I got Symphonia. I LOVE IT so far haha.
ALSO, Tales of Graces: f English videos are up, I cant hear their voices and the person is explaining the battle system and what not. so here it is the link. Link -->CLICK HERE FOR TOGF FOOTAGE! (http://gematsu.com/2011/10/first-english-tales-of-graces-f-footage)

darklord18
October 9th, 2011, 06:49 PM
ok I got ToP cross and NDx and been playing cross alot and I up to getting the flame sword and I just wondering

were do I get everyone best armor and weapons.

how to I get shadow, and pluto

and how do I unlock the pac man hi ogui and that time travling girl hi ogui?

and were do I find the following for cress Mumbane (i know it in treantwood but were in it?) Aifread (http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Aifread)'s quest to start it.

I want to be able to get the gold helm and blue and red line sheild before getting the enteral sword.

Sora
October 10th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I wish I could help you, darklord18, but I've never played the game so I can't. There are always Walkthroughs that could help you if you don't mind turning to them though.

Good to hear that you're enjoying it, Mattie! n__n It makes this fangirl who has ToS controlling half of her life happy.

Also (spoilers for those who wish to not know what might be happening in the next episode of the OVA):
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/cutepresea/UWZelos.jpg

Thoughts? Speculations? There is also a poster (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/cutepresea/ToSUW4.jpg) that shows Zelos with his fabulous orange wings. ;A;

Miss Doronjo
October 10th, 2011, 07:55 AM
My...only thought in the spoiler:

I guess Zelos is going to betray the group?

Sora
October 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Lalala~

Remember, Zelos betrays the group either way. The difference is whether he only "betrays" them and come back, or completely betrays them and well... dies. The image kind of points to the latter, in which I hope isn't true. :( Especially not in this episode which will (or a high probability) showing Martel's Death. There's only so much I can handle in one episode. ;;

ソラ
October 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Good to hear that you're enjoying it, Mattie! n__n It makes this fangirl who has ToS controlling half of her life happy.

Hahha Yeah Tara. Its a good game, I dont see any lag so far, it seems like a normal ps2 game when it comes to framerate haha. I love the battle system tho its pretty fun, specially using Lloyd with the two swords :D.

~Ryukaa
October 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM
/decides to start calling you mattie as well. o3o

Yeah, Symphonia is great. Probably my favourite Tales game.
...Then again, it's the only modern one I've played. xDD;;

darklord18
October 10th, 2011, 03:48 PM
ok here my thought on it

No zelos doesn't die I going to say he get beat but nearly kills everyone but in the end fail and turn on Mitho or whatever this name is and give lloyd the item to make the diamond ring and tell them to go to kartos while he give them time, and he fight while they do so but being weaken from the fight and up against Mithos he get beaten to the of that pic but hold them off enough for them to return with the pact and the enternal sword. since enternal sword is need to merge the two words. and since i don't remember Mithos even seen having it. if it confirm to be one epsiode it might be a very long epsiode but if it what i think it is it will be four episode since there way to much to cut out that is so need,

U.Flame
October 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Zelos! From that position, it looks like he's dying...NOOOOOOOO!

ソラ
October 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM

It indeed is. You can call me Mattie :D. But I didnt get the gamecube version I got the ps2 one in Japanese bahaha.
I like it alot.

Sora
October 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM

this is totally not my fault. just saying.

@darklord: the united worlds arc is going to be two episodes. all the screenshots and such that have been released and shown have been for the first episode. We've yet to see anything for the second episode as of yet. So yeah, they're going to be squeezing in quite a bit in this episode, and probably as well as the last episode.

darklord18
October 11th, 2011, 04:54 AM
man that a bit tight to sqeez in so much imo.

anyway I can't wait for the enternal sword anime look.

yeah ToS is great it got me into the series but one thing I didn't really like at first was the cursing, at the time I start playing it I didn't really like people cursing. though it funny at the sheena/zelos/Kratos/collect event in the final area lloyd said "If that[]fs not good enought for you." didn't anyone else laugh when they saw that typo. note I dr if the f is there but I pretty sure it either there before or after the box or something else.

Sora
October 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM
... I can honestly only remember one time in which there was one curse (in which would be when Genis first meets Zelos), unless you count 'damn' as a curse word. There was also when Zelos said 'SOB', but he didn't actually say it, just the letters.

I also don't remember a typo. Can you maybe be a bit more specific in when that happens?

U.Flame
October 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Cursing? Symphonia seemed to have a clean vocabulary to me. Abyss is the one that uses "bastard" quite often. (I actually like that) The most obsene word I've seen in a Tales game is in Symphonia 2 when Zelos called...what's her name...Alice? Anyways, he said "Why you little bi*ch!..." I haven't seen the newest Tales games so it can probably get worse from here. Not that I have a problem with that.

Oh yeah, the fan translation of Phantasia says sh*t here and there, but that's because Japan is less censored.

I just remembered a typo in Abyss too. In a sidequest, someone scanned Luke with something so Luke said "What are doing, pointing weird fon machines at people?" Notice the missing "you".

Sora
October 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I remember that part in Tales of Symphonia 2, but I think that's the worst I've heard from a Tales of Game (and ToS2 is more of a spin-off than a mothership title). If course, I can't say much either since I've only finished Symphonia, Abyss, and Symphonia 2.

For Symphonia though, other than 'What an ass' from Genis (talking about Zelos) there isn't much, though I suppose it depends on what words you considered to be curse words. I don't know how many are in the dialogue of the game, but if you include the words 'Damn' 'Hell' and 'Bastard' as curse words then you have the following (for the main cast derp):
Damn: Three people. Sheena, Kratos, and Zelos say 'Damn' when they die (or in Zelos' case, "Damn... ahaha" and Zelos has 'Damn, I must be a genius!' Four if you want to include Presea and Eternal Damnation
Hell: Kratos and Zelos. Hell Pyre. Of course here I remember clearly one time when Kratos says 'hell', and that's when he kills kvar. :v
Bastard: Lloyd. But only at Zelos, which means only if you take the Kratos route.

Again this is battles and main cast only. I'm too lazy to bother going to a script and counting every 'damn' 'hell' and 'bastard' there are in said script. :P;

</tara has no life but to stare at her voice clips and actually bother to do this>

ソラ
October 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I wouldnt know cursing in Symphonia cause i own the Japanese version.
But I do remember them saying "Sh*t", since i know that word in Japanese.
I say bastard alot so I wouldnt mind, I like abyss when they said bastard.
I havent played Symphonia yesterday So imma play it today, I didnt play it yesterday I was tired all day my back was hurting, and well I had school. But I'll play alot today after I pick up my niece :3. I just added the PS2 theme song of Symphonia on my ipod so :D thats makes me happy to have it.

Sora
October 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Well, I know for a fact that they don't say it in English, but it sounds like the Tales of Games in general were toned down a bit when it comes to language when localized if that's the case (considering what U_Flame said above).

I have both Japanese GC and PS2 openings on my iPod, but what did you expect. :P As for the English one I don't have it on my iPod, but I am fond of it in it's own way. While as an opening it may not prove to be as great as the japanese versions, it has a really nice remix during the game, in which I think it suits the mood more than the Heroic versions. Not saying that the Heroic versions aren't bad (they're amazing, especially So****e Boku ni Dekiru's <3), but the English track at the part just... suits the mood more. I don't even know if anyone will know that part of the game I'm talking about.

ソラ
October 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Well, I know for a fact that they don't say it in English, but it sounds like the Tales of Games in general were toned down a bit when it comes to language when localized if that's the case (considering what U_Flame said above).

I have both Japanese GC and PS2 openings on my iPod, but what did you expect. :P As for the English one I don't have it on my iPod, but I am fond of it in it's own way. While as an opening it may not prove to be as great as the japanese versions, it has a really nice remix during the game, in which I think it suits the mood more than the Heroic versions. Not saying that the Heroic versions aren't bad (they're amazing, especially So****e Boku ni Dekiru's <3), but the English track at the part just... suits the mood more. I don't even know if anyone will know that part of the game I'm talking about.

Hahha I have to listen to the GC version more I only listened to it once. I get used to the songs more and more by listening to it more than once haha. I'm used to the ps2 cause I sit there and watch the opening while I play the game before i load haha. I also heard the Heroic of the PS2 version which I was like WOW! Haha. I love remixes of the openings in Tales games, Like Meaning of Birth in ToTA how its the same melody of the opening "Karma", and I want to protect you ~ending version~ of Mamoritai of Tales of Graces. I love the creativity of the remixes. :).

Yeah, cause other countries doesnt want kids to be too influence by bad language i guess. (of topic has nothing to do with a tales game but another game) In Kingdom Hearts II, there is a scene, where Donald getting spanked by Daisy in the Japanese version, but in the english version they don't show it at all. (on topic), But I guess its okay, I know they will censor some stuff in ToGF, and im ready for that.

Sora
October 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Tales of the Abyss has several tracks in which are different versions of 'Karma', and to be quite honest, they're all my favorite tracks. Of course, I do enjoy the other tracks for Abyss ('Time to Rise the Cross' is amazing; the flute in the track is just... godly), but I've found myself to be enjoying 'Meaning of Birth', 'Mirrors', 'In between 1 and 0' and so on and so forth.

darklord18
October 11th, 2011, 09:44 PM
the scene I talking to is when your group get seperated and Lloyd the only one left (kratos/zelos tell him to look for derris emblem.) could just be my copy but who know.

anyway cursing for me was like damn and stuff like that, just how i was brought up. and ToS was first game i saw use it alot.

also a question which character had the best desgin and strangest desgin.

best desgin has to go to yuri, idk I just like the desgin of him.

strangest is Alice from ToS2, I just think it just strange.

Sora
October 11th, 2011, 09:51 PM
That makes sense now. I never considered 'damn' a curse word, nor did I ever really consider 'bastard' or 'hell' curse words either.

Mnn... I'm not too sure who I would give the Best Design to. So many people have amazing designs it would really just be easier for me to split them into categories. Like... one with the most epic beard would go to Van, outfit-that-looks-like-it-would-take-forever-to-put-on (long title is long) would probably go to Kratos in his Judgement outside, and so on and so forth. However, it's almost 2am here, so I'm not going to bother with trying to do something like that right now, ahah.

I looooved Alice's design. I think when it comes to Dawn of the New World the one with the weirdest design was her subordinate (not Decus, the other guy) and Marta's dad. But that's just me.

~Ryukaa
October 12th, 2011, 12:41 AM
"If that[]fs not good enough for you."

Actually, I encountered those kind of errors a few times. Not just that time. Probably around 5-7 at most. At first, it made me a little surprised. Thinking that Namco didn't check through the translation properly. But yeeeeah. I got used to it. xD;