PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Cherrim
May 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM
'Sides, they could always do what the manga did.
What did the manga do? (I have the first two or three volumes but I totally forgot about it after that, apparently. T_T)
No, they already dismissed that possibility. They said it will also take place in a more modern setting.
Oh, I missed that, I guess.

I'm a little excited for the modernity thing. Are we finally going to get a Tales game that takes place at the height of a technological era instead of thousands of years later when the only technology is stuff unearthed by archeologists? 9_9

Sora
May 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
What did the manga do? (I have the first two or three volumes but I totally forgot about it after that, apparently. T_T)
The manga took both routes and put them together. Zelos lived after betraying them, but Kratos joined them for the final battle. Sort of like what you had said in your previous post.

Spoilers for United World and such nya.
Not sure at this point if Lloyd is going to learn the details about his mother but he had a nice chat with Zelos before his betrayal scene in the animation. All we know at this point is more Kharlan Heroes and some scene with Kratos and Lloyd. Or... something. Can't say much about the other two camera pics that have given us.

~Ryukaa
June 1st, 2012, 01:00 AM
I'm really considering cosplaying for this convention I go to every year called Manifest. o3o
Because I'm really lazy when it comes down to wigs, I'm thinking of just going as Jude from Xillia.
The costume's 90 bucks, though... not to mention shoes... and his gauntlets.
Ooooh, boy. Cosplaying's not cheap. xD;

Anyway, I'm craving Graces. Can't wait for it.
Also, Namdai better make some awesome announcement about Symphonia on Wii U at E3. I know you can do it, Namdai.

ソラ
June 1st, 2012, 10:50 PM
No, they already dismissed that possibility. They said it will also take place in a more modern setting.

And to add, Baba also said "I assure you it is a completely new mothership tales game."

EDIT: this is where i go that information from a weeks back. Assumptions of new mothership title (http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=893)

It got announced it is Tales of Xillia 2 (http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=903)

Here is the logo

http://andriasang.com/con1ac/tales_of_xillia_2/23zxh.jpg

EDIT X2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35xRU2zU2A

~Ryukaa
June 2nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Aww, no. D:
For some reason, I'm kinda disappointed. Ah, well.
Can't really say if it's going to be good or not. Hopefully, it will be.
If Namdai announces the first game over E3, I'd be over the moon, though. o3o

Sora
June 2nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
I was reading one of my friend's plurk and a reason why some people might seem disappointed because compared to the other sequels Xillia 2 is coming out so much sooner after Xillia was released. Not that it wasn't expected as Erica (and I'm sure others) have called it but eh. I can't have an opinion because I never played Xillia.

So lol they lied when they said it would be a completely new mothership title.

NOW TO BUG YOU GUYS WITH NEWS THAT YOU JUST MIGHT IGNORE OVER XILLIA 2
http://ova-tos.com/images/top/tos_main_120531.jpg
The PV is/was shown in the Tales of Festival so hopefully Animate will be putting it up on their site soon. I wanna see it so bad. But here are the small images from the main website that they put up when they finally put up more info on the episode:
http://ova-tos.com/images/story/s02/001.jpg http://ova-tos.com/images/story/s02/002.jpg http://ova-tos.com/images/story/s02/003.jpg http://ova-tos.com/images/story/s02/004.jpg http://ova-tos.com/images/story/s02/005.jpg

And finally this on twitter:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/cutepresea/UW2Zelos.jpg

Also this which was in the Tales of Magazine. Not a high quality but hopefully there will be a higher quality one soon!:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mf14xg.jpg

You guys can obviously see where my priorities are.

thedestinedblade
June 2nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
So instead of an enhanced version, I guess they just decided to go straight for a sequel instead. Hard to get excited when I've yet to play the first game, but definitely looked more modern (the dude's outfit for one)

I guess QTE are the new addition for this entry?

Cherrim
June 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
I knew it would be Xillia 2. :P I think the whole "it'll be an entirely new mothership title" was either a mistranslation or they include sequels as mothership titles. Either is likely, I suppose. I'm not too terribly thrilled about this since I haven't played Xillia.

That said, the new UK Tales twitter had some interesting tweets earlier:
"Tales fans I know you are all excited for Tales of Xillia 2 but all I can tell you right now is to stay tuned!"
source (https://twitter.com/TalesofU/status/208894137372647424)
Yep all I can say right now is we are listening to you and please stay tuned for more info.
source (https://twitter.com/TalesofU/status/208896582383435776)

Is Xillia on the table for localization...?

ソラ
June 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I knew it would be Xillia 2. :P I think the whole "it'll be an entirely new mothership title" was either a mistranslation or they include sequels as mothership titles. Either is likely, I suppose. I'm not too terribly thrilled about this since I haven't played Xillia.

That said, the new UK Tales twitter had some interesting tweets earlier:

Is Xillia on the table for localization...?

Here some possibly good news :)
Namco Bandai Has A Little "Surprise" For Tales of Fans In The West (http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=906)

~Ryukaa
June 4th, 2012, 09:49 PM
EAlucRkmPHg

Awww, yesss! Can't wait for this! : D

Also, translation:
Yggdrasill: It's almost time... Sister...
*Yggdrasill is planning Martel's revival.
*His wish will finally be fulfilled.
*Colette is taken away because of Zelos's betrayal.
*Will she become the vessel for Martel's soul?
*Lloyd and the rest head to Welgaia for the final confrontation.
Zelos: It's... my win!

Last part:
Kratos: Do you have someone you love?
Yuan: What the hell are you suddenly--??!

U.Flame
June 11th, 2012, 01:47 PM
What's with Pascal's obsession with Sophie in Graces? At first, I thought it was curiosity and admiration. But I just saw a scene where Pascal's friend tries to see which guy would make the best boyfriend for Pascal, then Pascal ended up choosing Sophie! Is there more to her obsession than I originally thought? (Poor Hubert.)

Sora
June 24th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I don't know much about Pascal but she's some type of researcher right? Couldn't that be it?

In other news the second United World episode has been out for a few days. I think the RAW is on youtube but I'll wait until the subs before linking it (from youtube) here. As for the third and last United World episode that has been postponed until October. I... actually don't mind because the thought of the very first and the very last episodes being released in the same month is actually pretty awesome to me.

Graceful
July 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Would like to join please! ^w^
I've only played Tales of the Abyss, but I'm planning to buy Tales of Vesperia and I'm planning to borrow my older sister's copy of Tales of Graces f (if she has it yet, that is...><)
Please? ^^

ソラ
July 6th, 2012, 12:05 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/399413_470685492960997_1893711131_n.jpg
Tales of Xillia got announced officially for North America, and Europe. the Date is unknown but the year is 2013.

Source Tales Series Facebook fanpage (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.470685462961000.118576.171035032926046&type=1)

U.Flame
July 7th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Damn, Graces still feels new, I'm still playing Abyss (never gonna stop), and I've yet to play translated Innocence. I need a moment to comprehend this...

Cherrim
July 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Excited about Xillia. I heard bad things about it when it was first released but now that I have a few friends who've played it, I really want to. I was going to import if a localization hadn't been announced sometime this year and now I don't have to import. :> (Ugh import prices.) I hope it comes out in early 2013. Maybe I'll even finish Graces before then. Maybe.
Would like to join please! ^w^
I've only played Tales of the Abyss, but I'm planning to buy Tales of Vesperia and I'm planning to borrow my older sister's copy of Tales of Graces f (if she has it yet, that is...><)
Please? ^^
AN ANISE FAN. ♥ Welcome. :>

ソラ
July 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Excited about Xillia. I heard bad things about it when it was first released but now that I have a few friends who've played it, I really want to. I was going to import if a localization hadn't been announced sometime this year and now I don't have to import. :> (Ugh import prices.) I hope it comes out in early 2013. Maybe I'll even finish Graces before then. Maybe.

AN ANISE FAN. ♥ Welcome. :>
From what I heard its coming spring 2013. I'm alright on it. I beat it, just cant wait to know the story even more better. :3

Cherrim
July 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I imagine we'll probably see it around the same time we saw Graces f this year if they specified Spring 2013. Otherwise, they announced Graces f's localization in February of last year and it didn't come out for a year after that. :( Hopefully we don't have to wait until next summer for Xillia.

ソラ
July 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I imagine we'll probably see it around the same time we saw Graces f this year if they specified Spring 2013. Otherwise, they announced Graces f's localization in February of last year and it didn't come out for a year after that. :( Hopefully we don't have to wait until next summer for Xillia.
Yeah, all i know is the spring 2013 is a rumor. but 2013 is certain which what Namco said.

Algo Fonix
July 16th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joinin' yo.

All this about Xillia makes me want to finish Graces f up. I'm always drawn back to Rebirth though. :/ I don't think I'll ever finish that one.

Cherrim
July 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Welcome! :>

I have to finish Graces f too. I was playing with my brother but he never shows much interest in playing and I don't want to go on without him if he does actually want to continue... so I might end up waiting for September and playing with my roommate when he comes back for fall term. ._. Or I guess I could just copy the save file and continue on anyway. Hmm.

I got Tales of Destiny PS2 the other day! Well, borrowed it. :D I can't wait to start. I've never played that game.

Algo Fonix
July 16th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks!

I enjoyed what I played of the Destiny remake. I can't wait til it's fan translated so I can see what was revised about the story and whatnot.

I just have to be in a Tales mood otherwise I find it so hard to get into a game... which is weird considering it's one of my favorite series. ;_;

Cherrim
July 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I don't know the story to begin with... all I know is what I've seen from the characters in side games. :x

I feel the same way though. Even when I'm in a Tales mood, sometimes I can't play them. I tried playing Legendia the other month and I just couldn't get into it despite really wanting to play a Tales. There's been a lot of hype in the fandom for various reasons though so I'm hoping that sort of rubs off on me so I'll be able to dive into my Tales backlog soon.

Tetrakeet
July 19th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I love the Tales series! I've been playing since Tales of Symphonia. I love the battle systems of the games and also the characters. Unlike most people, I LOVED ToS2, because capturing monsters was a lot of fun. Emil and Marta were different from most of the Tales characters too, I liked them both. The newly released Graces is great too, it gave me a lot of smiles. I heard Xilia is being brought to the US and I'm really excited for that one!

Oh yes, may I join this club? ^^

U.Flame
August 2nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
What kind of curry does Jade eat? There are many different types of curry in the world and I'm no expert but can the type of curry be identified.by looking? I've always wondered which kind he eats.

Algo Fonix
August 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
I don't know the story to begin with... all I know is what I've seen from the characters in side games. :x

Oooh, well... I'd definitely not play the original then. XD It's hasn't aged so well, honestly. I got into it like early into the PS2 days so it was not as old-school feeling at the time.

Anyway, yeah. I actually popped in Eternia the other day and played some again. I love that gaaaaaame.

LadyAyeka
August 8th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I'm a Tales fan, so I'd like to join!

I own both Tales of Symphonia games but so far haven't bought any others, though Tales of the Abyss appears to be available for DS or 3DS cause I saw it with those games at Target the other day. Someone told me Tales of VS. is good.

I also have seen the OVA for Tales of Eternia and the first episode of the Symphonia OVA. Very well animated, especially the Symphonia one. I also am a big fan of the Symphonia OVA's opening theme, "Almateria," despite its odd mish-mash of lyrics from Japanese, English, and who knows what other languages. And I actually enjoyed the Eternia one even though I've never played that game.

I've beaten Tales of Symphonia a couple of times already; I maxed it out at 104 hours the first time because I did all the sidequests (including Niflheim). I'm playing it again so I can have game clear data to start a new game of Dawn of the New World with, since it prompts you for this when you start the game.

Like someone else said, I dislike Lloyd's new VA in Dawn of the New World; his old VA was just fine. Don't know why they changed it. I'm also not a huge fan of the Wii controls for that game, using the Nunchuk to move and the Wiimote for everything else. It's pretty confusing.

ソラ
August 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
So like i picked up Tales of Vesperia the other day on the PS3. :)
So far I realllly like it :) I'm excited to advance farther into the story, I also watched the movie Tales of Vepseria: the First Strike on the FUNi website when I subscribed to their elite subscriber. But all in all, I stopped playing one of my games to play ToVPs3. :3

NarutoActor
August 9th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I never joined a club before, but I love the tales of series sooo much. I grow up on tales of symphonia, and it is my all time favorite game.

Zelos is the best character, just sayin'

U.Flame
August 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah! Zelos! Broho-I mean brofist! Also Jade.

I just experienced a really weird glitch in Destiny. It might have to do with the fact that that I'm playing the PS1 version converted to PSP.
In battle, spells may freeze the game. It's pretty rare, but it's happened. Weirdest part was the last time it happened, Philia called out "Ray"at the same time it froze. Then she didn't stop. Even though the game was frozen, she was calling out all her moves. (Which was a spoiler to me! >.<) Then after she voiced all moves, other voices were heard. It was conversations. (Which is weird because I don't remember any voice acting out of battle) I couldn't understand who was talking and what was going on. It was either a really long one or a bunch one after the other. I couldn't tell. My PSP's battery actually died before the voices were finished.

Did this happen to anyone before? I know Phantasia has been known to have freezing issues when converted to PSP but what about Destiny? And when does voiced conversation actually happen? Also an unrelated question, why is Destiny's American release a text-only translation? This is the only Tales game I know (any game I know for that matter) that doesn't translate voices.

Sora
August 13th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I could probably think of a few reasons as to why Destiny isn't voices but I'm frankly too lazy to come up with them haha. But I finally watched Phantasia's OVA after putting it off. Pretty good, I suppose. Some changes of course but what to do expect when they try to put a whole game into four episodes. Which is why I'm really glad that they extended Symphonia's even if it doesn't always follow the story and the ending is going to be different.

Anyways welcome everyone who is new here! It seems that it's not often we can get an actual discussion going on (I've tried okay) since everyone is interested into different things here but that's all right. We manage haha.

~Ryukaa
September 4th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I got Tales of Graces f last Thursday, and so far it's been an absolute joy to play. xD;
Honestly, I didn't like Tales of the Abyss too much, so Graces feels like a breath of fresh air!
Symphonia will always be the best, though. o3o

thedestinedblade
September 9th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Managed to get through the PSX port of Phantasia yesterday. Doesn't take you too long to realize how badly Namco did with the localization of the GBA version. Anyways, great game that's made me decide to go back and play Symphonia. (Symphonia being a distant prequel) Wanna try out the PS2 version since it least has a menu patch which should make it a lot more easy to navigate, but the differences between the two versions don't seem to be much honestly.

Miss Doronjo
September 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I'm playing Tales of Innocence. Has anyone played it? The main character reminds me of Emil - shy, and has a 'kick ass' persona in him.

By the way, I -should- make a discussion topic...

What are your favourite tales character designs?

For example, I myself like Yuri Lowell's simple, yet mysterious attire, as well as Rita Mordio's asymmetrical clothing design. :3

~Ryukaa
September 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I've played Tales of Innocence! It was pretty good, apart from the awful level design. xD;

Hard question. o3o
Even though it wasn't a really good game overall, I'm going to have to say Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Emil and Marta's costumes were freaking awesome, imo! : D

Miss Doronjo
September 14th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I do like Marta's design as well~ Mmm, but yeah, pity that the game didn't had the 'edge' when it could of been easily corrected. u-u

PS. I added the new members. If i missed anyone, let me know. ^-^

ソラ
September 14th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I have a few favorites.
But mine would probably be Flynn. I know Guy and Flynn are basically a recycled design. But I like Flynn's attire, his solider outfit, also I like him in Luke's, and his First Strike Costume :3

Miss Doronjo
September 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hey yeeeah, don't they have Yuri and Flynn's first strike costumes on Vesperia PS3? (I think it was in a network store)

ソラ
September 14th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Hey yeeeah, don't they have Yuri and Flynn's first strike costumes on Vesperia PS3? (I think it was in a network store)

Yes, Also, there is I think Estelle's in armor costume when you buy the blu-ray of First Strike in Japan. I want to buy it just for that costume, but 100 bucks for the movie is..like outrageous. My friend gave me the first strikes costumes :3 Im like YEEE

Miss Doronjo
September 14th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Yes, Also, there is I think Estelle's in armor costume when you buy the blu-ray of First Strike in Japan. I want to buy it just for that costume, but 100 bucks for the movie is..like outrageous. My friend gave me the first strikes costumes :3 Im like YEEE

Mmm, I've only played Vesperia for PS3 about twice, and because of that, it's the reason why Vesperia is arguably my favorite Tales Game~ :3 (the content, and awww, Patty is adorable~) I love the first strike costumes too. :3 Yuri's first strike costume looks better than Yuri's certificated knight costume, imo.

A little off topic from the discussion question, and this is about 2 days old, but there was an article saying that Baba would personally recommend Tales of Hearts: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/12/tales-producer-says-you-should-play-tales-of-hearts/

Well, there are more content in there... like how he became bombarded with people asking him to localize Tales of Vesperia for PS3, and how he wants to localize Tales games that weren't released to the west, but... not much inquiry on this. (Maybe there will be future plans?)

ソラ
September 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Mmm, I've only played Vesperia for PS3 about twice, and because of that, it's the reason why Vesperia is arguably my favorite Tales Game~ :3 (the content, and awww, Patty is adorable~) I love the first strike costumes too. :3 Yuri's first strike costume looks better than Yuri's certificated knight costume, imo.

A little off topic from the discussion question, and this is about 2 days old, but there was an article saying that Baba would personally recommend Tales of Hearts: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/12/tales-producer-says-you-should-play-tales-of-hearts/

Well, there are more content in there... like how he became bombarded with people asking him to localize Tales of Vesperia for PS3, and how he wants to localize Tales games that weren't released to the west, but... not much inquiry on this. (Maybe there will be future plans?)

Though, Baba did recommend to play it, he still said he has no plans to localizing it. ): But I wouldnt mind to play Hearts, I gotta get money saved up to import hearts :3

Miss Doronjo
September 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Though, Baba did recommend to play it, he still said he has no plans to localizing it. ): But I wouldnt mind to play Hearts, I gotta get money saved up to import hearts :3

Yeaaaah. ;w; It's kinda too soon for more localizations anyway - unless they plan to make a port just before, or just after they release Tales of Xilla.

I haven't played Hearts yet, but I hear it's really good - better than Innocence if I recall... but Innocence was really fun too, so I'm not sure on that.

ソラ
September 14th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah, unless its what they did with Abyss 3D and Graces this year, like a remake/Port to another handheld like Vita, or 3DS, but I see Hearts would be remade to the Vita like Innocence R being on Vita. I want to see Hearts to get the similar remake.

Miss Doronjo
September 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah; I was kinda disappointing on how they've said Innocence R wasn't going to be localized, even though Innocence R looks promising and fun, but I do hope that Hearts will have improved graphics on the Vita too~

Oh yeaaah, you guys knew about the Design-your-own-Tales-T-Shirt contest sponsored by Baba, right? (yeah, this was a month ago)

In case you've missed it, this was the winning design:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.31.843.403/p843x403/424698_494071253955754_1936749927_n.jpg

I personally, enjoy this art myself~! I hope they'll release it - even if its in Japan I miiight be pondering to buy it overseas.

~Ryukaa
September 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Well, they could always put up Hearts as a downloadable eShop title on the 3DS. o3o
If they don't release it, then I'm still happy with Graces f and Xillia. xD;

Also, I'll definitely be grabbing one of those T-Shirts when they release it! It looks awesome. : D

Miss Doronjo
September 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the titles I have too~ <3 I'm saving up for a PS3 solely to play Xillia. And for an opportunity to fully play Graces f. But yes... then I'd have to support the console by buying games like, I dunno, Disgaea? (But I love Disgaea too, so that won't be a problem~!)

They have other T-shirts too, like this one:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582831_490319817664231_616952720_n.jpg

*Power Hammer... so OP ;w;*

Well, I have another question for you all - Which Tales game, in your opinion, had the best ending? (not counting credits)

Because as much as I love Vesperia... I felt Abyss had more of a strong and emotional ending. It was really great, and the best in my opinion. <3 Destiny II comes in second tied with Symphonia.

~Ryukaa
September 14th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Which Tales game, in your opinion, had the best ending? (not counting credits)

Well! The only Tales games I've actually finished are Symphonia, Abyss and Innocence, so... I'd have to say Symphonia. It really finished the story well, and leaves you with a really strong feeling of satisfaction. It was also quite emotional as well, from what I can remember.
The Abyss ending felt somewhat rushed to me, but hey! That's just me.

Miss Doronjo
September 15th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Yeah, Symphonia's was awesome, but it was kind of a giant tease how it ended with Lloyd -just- as he was about to name the New World Tree, but, I guess it was for the best (ended in a more dramatic way, teehehe) and with some good speculations~

U.Flame
September 15th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Yeah, Symphonia's was awesome, but it was kind of a giant tease how it ended with Lloyd -just- as he was about to name the New World Tree, but, I guess it was for the best (ended in a more dramatic way, teehehe) and with some good speculations~

What about the likely theory that Symphonia la a prequel to Phatasia? If the theory is correct, (I believe it is) then the Tree's name is Yggdrasil.

Also I JUST discovered the solution to my obsession of identifying every enemy in Abyss. After 800 hours of playing, I dicovered Anise can use Inspect Eye on Colosseum enemies. Since Magic Lens can't be used on them, I've given up on identifying them until just now. I don't know how I just thought of this after 800 hours but it's finally done. Yay.

thedestinedblade
September 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM
What about the likely theory that Symphonia la a prequel to Phatasia? If the theory is correct, (I believe it is) then the Tree's name is Yggdrasil.

Also I JUST discovered the solution to my obsession of identifying every enemy in Abyss. After 800 hours of playing, I dicovered Anise can use Inspect Eye on Colosseum enemies. Since Magic Lens can't be used on them, I've given up on identifying them until just now. I don't know how I just thought of this after 800 hours but it's finally done. Yay.

It's not a theory, it was confirmed long ago that Symphonia was a distant prequel to Phantasia. (1000 years before, I believe) Not many of the same locations, Ymir Forest is the only one that comes to mind, but there are numerous references and the giant tree of course. ;)

Miss Doronjo
September 15th, 2012, 09:03 AM
So correct me if I'm wrong, but the timeline of events is like this right (at least from the events and speculation I've gathered):

Symphonia > Dawn of the New World > Phantasia > Narikiri Dungeon 1 > Summoner's Lineage

I heard rumors that Vesperia might of been 2000 years after Symphonia, but... eh, rumors and rumor control.

Yeah, most people say that Lloyd named the tree 'Yggdrasil', (which I, myself suspect,) but some even speculate it might of been 'Smphonia' or 'Mithos'.

U.Flame
September 15th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah that timeline seems accurate. I haven't played Vesperia so I don't know what to make of that theory. If the Symphonia-Phantasia theory is correct, then the Tree's name is officially Yggdrasil.

Despite overwhelming evidence, the Symphonia-Phantasia theory is still only a theory because there hasn't been an official statement or confirmation about it. But it's still very likely true. Phantasia takes place around 4000 years after Symphonia because the Asalian Calender supposedly starts the moment the worlds were reunited.

Miss Doronjo
September 15th, 2012, 07:47 PM
It makes sense~ People also often say that Symphonia is a good candidate too.

By the way, speaking more about timelines, about Tales of Graces, there's something... interesting in this skit. u///u

9yrCsqXVhT8

Sooo um... Abyss and Destiny II sort of have the same timeline as Graces? @_@
Or... is this strictly cameo.

U.Flame
September 16th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Huh, I haven't encountered that skit yet. Of course Anise would try to marry rich people.

Miss Doronjo
September 16th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Huh, I haven't encountered that skit yet. Of course Anise would try to marry rich people.

True, but Nanaly?
I have to question that. xD

...Eh, I don't mean to bombard with questions, and I'm sorry about that, but I just want to ask everyone: If you lived in a world in one of the Tales Games, where would you live? I myself would find Terca Lumireis (from Vesperia) to be pretty subtle and cozy. <3

thedestinedblade
September 18th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I heard rumors that Vesperia might of been 2000 years after Symphonia, but... eh, rumors and rumor control.

Haven't heard that one. What suggests that both games take place in the same universe?

Sora
September 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM
The Tales of Games loves cameos (especially in the more recent ones with all the costume changes and such) so I wouldn't be surprised if that was simply cameo.

And... I haven't played Vesperia but I don't think there is any thing that says that they were in the same universe? After all, it would be weird for Aselia to go from Mana to Blastia to Mana again or something wouldn't it? But, again, I know next to nothing about Vesperia other than the characters. Story? n o p e. But there are definitely more for the Symphonia - Phantasia timeline.

As for the question.... I'm not sure. I actually wouldn't mind living in Iselia because it's near a forest and I don't like the idea of living in big cities (visiting them yeah sure but not living in them). Thus, I probably wouldn't like living in Palmacosta or anything.

Miss Doronjo
September 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Haven't heard that one. What suggests that both games take place in the same universe?

I wouldn't know - it was only rumors. Something to do with Mana being developed to Aer, but it's rather vague. I had a hard time understanding it myself.

The Tales of Games loves cameos (especially in the more recent ones with all the costume changes and such) so I wouldn't be surprised if that was simply cameo.

And... I haven't played Vesperia but I don't think there is any thing that says that they were in the same universe? After all, it would be weird for Aselia to go from Mana to Blastia to Mana again or something wouldn't it? But, again, I know next to nothing about Vesperia other than the characters. Story? n o p e. But there are definitely more for the Symphonia - Phantasia timeline.

As for the question.... I'm not sure. I actually wouldn't mind living in Iselia because it's near a forest and I don't like the idea of living in big cities (visiting them yeah sure but not living in them). Thus, I probably wouldn't like living in Palmacosta or anything.

Vesperia actually has the term 'Mana', but it's formed from something called Aer. (I'd go on to that point, but it'll involve spoilers). And Blastias use Aer for specific purposes. So yeah, it would be weird.

By the way, have you guys heard about the Aselia Con? Supposedly, it's a Tales Convention that's coming to North America~

You can see the news here: http://aseliacon.webs.com/

~Ryukaa
September 19th, 2012, 12:56 AM
If I lived in North America, I would be over the moon from the announcement of Aselia Con. o3o
Even though I don't, that's great for you guys! : D
It'll also be an awesome way to show how much dedication there is to the Tales series to Bamco. o3o3o

Miss Doronjo
September 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM
If I lived in North America, I would be over the moon from the announcement of Aselia Con. o3o
Even though I don't, that's great for you guys! : D
It'll also be an awesome way to show how much dedication there is to the Tales series to Bamco. o3o3o

Oh yesss, it's a great chance to show em' how much love of Tales we have from overseas. <3 A lot of people hope that this will increase our chances on getting released games too.
I really, really, really hope it comes to Canada someday too. ;w; CANADA MISSES ALMOST EVERYTHIIIING.

By the way, apparently a group called Tales of Outlaw was responsible for Aselia Con. There's a picture of some of them in cosplay here:

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/431258_591419064700_1086792731_n.jpg

I haven't heard of them before, but I adore the Arietta cosplay~ <3

ソラ
September 19th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Here is some Tales of Xillia ENG screenshots.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.470685462961000.118576.171035032926046&type=1

Miss Doronjo
September 19th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Mmm, english screens already!

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/296337_502329399796606_1321627908_n.jpg

A hundred... what. xD

Oh, and this is the cover art:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/397371_502332229796323_1537469102_n.jpg

Is it just me, or is this localization going fast. :3 I mean, It's good to be seeing English screens out so quickly. I remember back when Graces was announced there was such a drought of information that we were actually excited to see English text in those Gametrailers videos. Perhaps they're fairly far along and we'll see a release by spring?

ソラ
September 19th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Oh Europe's boxart got revealed already wow. Yeah going fast, I think it is going to come out 1Q of 2013?? Hm, not too sure.

Miss Doronjo
September 20th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I'm guessing around spring - summer time, since Ni no Kuni will come out around... the end of January I believe, so fans might be occupied with that for a while.

More news: Famitsu's is going to apparently have Namco's 'big scoop' as it were.

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/namco-bandai-special-scoop-in-next-weeks-famitsu

There's no guarantee that this 'scoop' will be anything Tales related at all, but it can be - around the time ToX2 was announced at TalesFes, I seem to remember the word being that there were several Tales in the works. If it's something related to Tales.. I dunno - we can expect a remake or port. (heee, I see other fans speculating it might be Symphonia for 3DS or Wii U~)

But, eh... what do you guys think? Any hopes (if any?)

Sora
October 2nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
I'm hoping it's something Symphonia related. After all, Symphonia is going to be reaching it's tenth anniversary next year, and the ending to the animation is actually later this month. (I would post up boxart and such but 've learned that you guys don't care hahaha). But those are my two cents. If it doesn't end up being Symphonia whatever console/portable it's on that will be the next type I get. That said, I'm slightly wishing it'll be for the 3DS since I already want one, but I also want it for the Wii-U (more than for the 3DS) because multiplayer and I'll probably be wanting the Wii-U in the future anyways.

But if it's not Symphonia related that's all right too. It's a little curious to know if it'll be an actual remake or a port. Chances are though it'll probably be a port since Namco has never actually remade a Tales of Game.

Miss Doronjo
October 3rd, 2012, 04:23 AM
I would love to see a Synphonia port~ They could do it like Abyss and make it for 3DS. <3 But yeah, the Wii U is also an awesome idea. Although I won't have much people playing it multiplayer with me. ;-; I already saw the box art xD but yeah, I can't wait for that. :3

Also:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tokkurin/imgs/3/1/3163dd9a.jpg

There's a possible hint that Tales of Vesperia might be a OVA by Ufotable~ ;-; I really hope it doeeeees.

If you guys don't mind me asking a topic question: What do you think is the most useful arte?

IMO, If it's not Indignation, it's Aurora Wall by Reid.

Sora
October 3rd, 2012, 04:42 AM
Well there is also Tales of Magazine scans that I can show. But again, no1currs hahaha.

Guess it depends on whether the 3DS is actually the portable that can hold all of Symphonia on it. iirc that's why it wasn't chosen to be ported on other portables in the past. Symphonia is a huuge game, after all.

UFOtable really suits the Tales of Series. They really do. I wouldn't mind seeing something Vesperia made by them. Speaking of Vesperia the price of the game need to go down haha. Was considering buying it but used it was still $35-40 which is actually more than Graces F (and i don't have a PS3 so ... ). If anything I'll buy it online sometime but eh.

As for more useful arte ... I find myself using the Tiger Blade attacks a lot, so I guess to me those would be the more useful. Also Center for Guy. Oh god could I not live without that Tech for him. But that might be because I fought Sync and Arietta using just Guy on occasion in the past.

But this is not including healing artes, because obviously they are quiiiite useful. Especially Raine's broken revitalize that heals the whole screen. I was disappointed when they 'fixed' it in Abyss haha.

~Ryukaa
October 3rd, 2012, 05:23 AM
I'm interested in seeing the Symphonia OVA stuff, but you might have already shown me on MSN. o3o3o

Personally, I think the idea of having a portable Symphonia would be amazing. I would love for it to be on the 3DS, buuuut. The port of Abyss was really compressed. I wouldn't want to see Symphonia go through the same thing, especially since it's my favourite game in the series. I would much rather it be on the Playstation Vita or the Wii U.

If Ufotable really DOES announce a Vesperia animation, I'll be really excited. : D
It's the Tales game I'm most interested in playing, but I've never had the chance to. I don't own a 360, and I really don't want to use a script to play the PS3 version or anything. Not to mention none of the stores around here have it, anymore. I'd still pick up a copy if I saw one, even though I wouldn't be able to play it. For the sake of having it, I guess. xDD;;

I'll answer the topic question later, since I don't remember the name of the arte I really like to use in Graces f... o3o
Speaking of Graces, I just beat it today. Very impressed with it, I am. : D
One of the best entries I've played so far! I wonder how Xillia is going to fare...

Shdwj
October 3rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Please sign me up for this club. The 'Tales of' series has to be my favorite RPG series so far. :>

LividZephyr
October 9th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I'd like to join as well. I LOVE ToS, TotA, and ToV and want to play more. Too bad I don't have a PS3...

AseliaCon sounds... saturating. I'd love to go there. Fort Worth is a long ways from me, though!

Shdwj
October 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hm. No one's posted on here in a while.

Alright, I have a question: did anyone else enjoy that attraction system in Tales of Symphonia as much as I did? The various decisions you made throughout the course of the story affected the way the other members of the party viewed you. You were then allowed to choose among the top three members who liked Lloyd the most, and your choice would alter the story in one way or another. I found it very unique.

Also, anyone else a LloydxSheena fan here? Haha.

LividZephyr
October 12th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hm. No one's posted on here in a while.

Alright, I have a question: did anyone else enjoy that attraction system in Tales of Symphonia as much as I did? The various decisions you made throughout the course of the story affected the way the other members of the party viewed you. You were then allowed to choose among the top three members who liked Lloyd the most, and your choice would alter the story in one way or another. I found it very unique.

Also, anyone else a LloydxSheena fan here? Haha.
I always like going with Sheena. Colette is too high-maintenance and SORRY SORRY SORRY to be an ideal girlfriend (though Emil is like Colette but a hundred times worse). Sheena can hold her own and she's got a real good heart, too. I also like Presea but I don't know about her being ideal for Lloyd.

I really did enjoy that system, but I wasn't going to try to get every last one of them. Now that YouTube exists, I can see all of those scenes. I've only gotten Colette, Kratos, and Sheena since I've only played through Symphonia three times. Abyss is my favorite, then Symphonia, then Vesperia. Though I did write an FAQ for Vesperia... xD

Shdwj
October 12th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I always like going with Sheena. Colette is too high-maintenance and SORRY SORRY SORRY to be an ideal girlfriend (though Emil is like Colette but a hundred times worse). Sheena can hold her own and she's got a real good heart, too. I also like Presea but I don't know about her being ideal for Lloyd.

I really did enjoy that system, but I wasn't going to try to get every last one of them. Now that YouTube exists, I can see all of those scenes. I've only gotten Colette, Kratos, and Sheena since I've only played through Symphonia three times. Abyss is my favorite, then Symphonia, then Vesperia. Though I did write an FAQ for Vesperia... xD

Haha, yeah, I've always found Lloyd and Sheena quite cute together. I heard that Namco performed some decent fan-service in Knights of Ratatosk: apparently there's a scene (I'm not sure whether or not it's optional) where Emil is talking to Lloyd, and Emil asks him who among his original party he was the most fond of (correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't actually played the game). The game then lets the players choose whoever they want, and afterwards a scene involving Lloyd and the chosen character will commence.

The Kratos story path was also interesting, but I won't spoil anything for anyone. Although there's that 'spoiler' button feature on this forum. Yeah.

Sadly, I have yet to play Vesperia. I don't own an Xbox, and Namco didn't bother to create an English version for the PS3 port in Japan. It looks like a really good game too. However, I have played Tales of Graces, and at the moment it is my favorite 'Tales of' game. Although they altered the battle system in Graces, I believe it was for the better. The old system was wonderful but the one in Graces was interesting as well. Also, to me each of the characters are memorable.

Now. If only Xillia could arrive more quickly.

Also, kudos to you for writing a FAQ on Vesperia. That's quite a feat.

LividZephyr
October 12th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Haha, yeah, I've always found Lloyd and Sheena quite cute together. I heard that Namco performed some decent fan-service in Knights of Ratatosk: apparently there's a scene (I'm not sure whether or not it's optional) where Emil is talking to Lloyd, and Emil asks him who among his original party he was the most fond of (correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't actually played the game). The game then lets the players choose whoever they want, and afterwards a scene involving Lloyd and the chosen character will commence.
I wouldn't know about KoR / DotNW. I got about four hours into it before I got a screeching headache from the utter badness of the entire thing. I sold it and got some of my money back. I regret even considering buying that thing. Seriously... I couldn't put up with Emil for another hour, even.

Sadly, I have yet to play Vesperia. I don't own an Xbox, and Namco didn't bother to create an English version for the PS3 port in Japan. It looks like a really good game too. However, I have played Tales of Graces, and at the moment it is my favorite 'Tales of' game. Although they altered the battle system in Graces, I believe it was for the better. The old system was wonderful but the one in Graces was interesting as well. Also, to me each of the characters are memorable.
What I gathered about that was the Vesperia thing was that there was a deal between Microsoft and Namco. Microsoft paid for the Vesperia localization and advertising to get permanent rights to the Vesperia name in America (notice how quickly it was released after the Japan version, and how high-quality the voice acting is) PLUS a one-year exclusivity contract in Japan so they could sell more Xbox 360s there. Microsoft also may have directly paid Namco to do that latter part. The details are well-concealed, but that theory is the most likely case.

Vesperia IS a great game. It has one of the most fun battle engines I have ever encountered. Although the plot is somewhat disappointing, it's also unique, and the characters are overall likable. The protagonist is widely considered one of the best JRPG protagonists ever, much like Luke fon Fabre.

Now. If only Xillia could arrive more quickly.
For sure. If Xillia came stateside, I'd need a PS3 so I could get that AND Graces. But I don't have the money right now.

Also, kudos to you for writing a FAQ on Vesperia. That's quite a feat.
Thanks! I spent a long time on that thing. It's not a walkthrough, just some Frequently Asked Questions for a board sticky to reduce the flow of duplicate topics - including Coliseum strategies worked on with other players and various notes about things all over the game. The Word files I have are like 3MB collectively at least... and since the thing required several updates, I tinkered with it a lot, added new questions, took out ones that were to shut certain people up. I also worked on a boss strategy FAQ with another guy... and I still remember a lot even though I haven't played Vesperia in a year and a half. Maybe I should. I never finished my recent run of Abyss though...

Shdwj
October 12th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't know about KoR / DotNW. I got about four hours into it before I got a screeching headache from the utter badness of the entire thing. I sold it and got some of my money back. I regret even considering buying that thing. Seriously... I couldn't put up with Emil for another hour, even.[quote]

Haha. I had a feeling the sequel wouldn't be as good, so I didn't bother picking it up. I can't actually say for myself how it is, though. I've heard that some people liked the game, so yeah. What kinda bothered me was that it was on the Wii. I mean, I love the console, but I wasn't so sure how the game would work with the Wii-mote. Although, I guess I should have done a little more research on that.

[quote="LividZephyr"]What I gathered about that was the Vesperia thing was that there was a deal between Microsoft and Namco. Microsoft paid for the Vesperia localization and advertising to get permanent rights to the Vesperia name in America (notice how quickly it was released after the Japan version, and how high-quality the voice acting is) PLUS a one-year exclusivity contract in Japan so they could sell more Xbox 360s there. Microsoft also may have directly paid Namco to do that latter part. The details are well-concealed, but that theory is the most likely case.

Vesperia IS a great game. It has one of the most fun battle engines I have ever encountered. Although the plot is somewhat disappointing, it's also unique, and the characters are overall likable. The protagonist is widely considered one of the best JRPG protagonists ever, much like Luke fon Fabre.

Wow, I didn't know that deal between Microsoft and Namco. I just don't wanna pick up an Xbox because I'm not sure what other games I'd get besides Vesperia, games from the Halo series, and Banjo-Kazooie, nyehehe. :> Aw, well. Maybe someday I'll get to play it. Have you watched the Vesperia OVA? I believe it received an English dub. It's on Bluray, too. Now if only I had the money, hehe.

Cherrim
October 13th, 2012, 08:44 AM
What I gathered about that was the Vesperia thing was that there was a deal between Microsoft and Namco. Microsoft paid for the Vesperia localization and advertising to get permanent rights to the Vesperia name in America (notice how quickly it was released after the Japan version, and how high-quality the voice acting is) PLUS a one-year exclusivity contract in Japan so they could sell more Xbox 360s there. Microsoft also may have directly paid Namco to do that latter part. The details are well-concealed, but that theory is the most likely case.

That was the presumed deal that MS had made but I'm fairly certain one of Namco's PR people finally refuted that and said they hadn't made any real exclusivity deals in the west... it's just that Vesperia PS3 was never on the table for localization. Whether that's true or not is a little debated but I feel like it would have been easier to just let the "Microsoft paid for exclusivity" rumour fly than outright admit they didn't want to bother localizing the game again so I've always taken it to be true.

(I'm always surprised to hear Luke is so liked. I think he's crazy popular in Japan but almost literally everyone I know in the West absolutely hated him throughout the whole game, haha.)

Miss Doronjo
October 14th, 2012, 06:46 AM
That was the presumed deal that MS had made but I'm fairly certain one of Namco's PR people finally refuted that and said they hadn't made any real exclusivity deals in the west... it's just that Vesperia PS3 was never on the table for localization. Whether that's true or not is a little debated but I feel like it would have been easier to just let the "Microsoft paid for exclusivity" rumour fly than outright admit they didn't want to bother localizing the game again so I've always taken it to be true.

(I'm always surprised to hear Luke is so liked. I think he's crazy popular in Japan but almost literally everyone I know in the West absolutely hated him throughout the whole game, haha.)

Well, it was the timing - there was improper timing for the version to be released, and they've held that off for a while, until the ship was pretty much sailed. However, there -is- plans to release older versions, maybe like Tales of Hearts or Vespy PS3 in the future, [although this hasn't been confirmed yet. ;-;].

I actually like Long-haired Luke in the beginning (well, I hated him before, but he's growing on me). Like, he could of been different - a rude, bratty spoiled boy that somehow has the heart of gold. Hm...

Cherrim
October 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Well, it was the timing - there was improper timing for the version to be released, and they've held that off for a while, until the ship was pretty much sailed. However, there -is- plans to release older versions, maybe like Tales of Hearts or Vespy PS3 in the future, [although this hasn't been confirmed yet. ;-;].

I actually like Long-haired Luke in the beginning (well, I hated him before, but he's growing on me). Like, he could of been different - a rude, bratty spoiled boy that somehow has the heart of gold. Hm...
Well, we're seeing a bit of a Tales resurgence so it wouldn't be THAT strange to see a Vesperia PS3 announcement but I do think the ship has sailed. I'm never quite sure what to think of Hideo Baba's comments because on the one hand he says a lot of hopeful things about wanting Western fans to play games we never had a chance to play but on the other hand... do we really know how much say he has in localization? He's the producer of the series but the series is very much based in Japan and localization is an afterthought. They're bringing him around to different conventions to help hype Tales of Graces f which is doing wonders, I think, but I'm not sure if we can take the rumours at face value or if they're just PR quotes that can hype people without making any real commitments. (I'm so negative when it comes to localizations, lol. Of course I'd love them but I've seen so many games skipped over that I don't like to get my hopes up too much. D:)

I really like Luke in all forms. I think he's funnier and more interesting as the conceited brat in the beginning but I think of all the Tales protagonists I know thus far, he went through the largest transformation through to the end of the game and I admire him for it.

U.Flame
October 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I've taken up hacking Symphonia 2. I removed the unfair level cap from Lloyd and the others, replaced some of my monsters with Alice, Decus, Brute, Magnar, Richter (both normal and demon), and some boss monsters like Album Atrium. The game is so awesome now! Now if only I could increase the difficulty beyond Unknown. Unknown was too easy even before I hacked awesomeness into my team.

Sora
October 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Unknown with 1/2 EXP. And don't use your monsters from previous files. They make the game easier than if you just restarted your monsters from the beginning and have to level them up again. I haven't played the game in years though; haven't even touched Symphonia in a good few months. In fact other than roleplaying Mithos at a dreamwidth roleplay I don't know how much I'll be into Symphonia once I'm done with the final episode. It's probably because I have lost my pride as a Symphonia fan in the past few months, but the fanatic in me is starting to wane. Maybe I just need a break idk but ... yeah.

U.Flame
October 24th, 2012, 07:50 PM
But the problem isn't the level, it's the difficulty. In Abyss, Van can be quite the challange even at level 200, Nebilim is still near-impossible. In Symphonia 2 level 200 have have you dominating the final boss like nothing. It needs a challenge still challenging at level 200.

When I beat Abyss for the 11th time I felt I was losing my Abyss fanaticism. Then after a couple years I got the 3DS verdion and I'm back to Abyss fanaticism, so sometimes a break can work. So when does the final Symphonia episode come out anyways?

ソラ
October 24th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Well, not sure if anyone cares or not, but Tales of Hearts is getting a remake/port to the PS Vita, titled Tales of Hearts R.

http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/9628545e.jpg

Sora
October 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM
But the problem isn't the level, it's the difficulty. In Abyss, Van can be quite the challange even at level 200, Nebilim is still near-impossible. In Symphonia 2 level 200 have have you dominating the final boss like nothing. It needs a challenge still challenging at level 200.

When I beat Abyss for the 11th time I felt I was losing my Abyss fanaticism. Then after a couple years I got the 3DS verdion and I'm back to Abyss fanaticism, so sometimes a break can work. So when does the final Symphonia episode come out anyways?
Being at a lower level naturally makes the game more difficult, which is why I suggested it haha. You're complaining that it's too easy. Then make the game more difficult. Tales of Games gives you several ways to do that. By adjusting how much EXP you get, how you get EXP (which is a case in Symphonia. I don't remember if the other Tales of Games have it though) etc. You can also do a playthrough where you only use level 1 techniques etc etc. It's one of the amazing things about the Tales of Games.

Oooh. I know a few people who would love to hear that news. Not sure if they have heard it yet but yeah!

zid_sen
October 28th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I like to Join this club~
Cuz i am a big fans of tales game, my first tales game is Tales of The Abyss

Vesperia is already in PS3 -_-
Yeah, Luke is something else. His heart is full of gold XD
For example, In outside, he always bully Mieu! But he protect and actually kind toward Mieu~

Well, not sure if anyone cares or not, but Tales of Hearts is getting a remake/port to the PS Vita, titled Tales of Hearts R.

http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/9628545e.jpg

Really?
Maybe it's a lied news, because the one that going to be remake in PS Vita is Tales of Innocence, it will became Tales of Innocence R.

Anime or Game?

U.Flame
October 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Anime. I heard it was scheduled for Oct 24. Is the anime finished now?

zid_sen
October 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM

I'm waiting for the one that has it subtitle, you meaning Tales of Symphonia OVA,right?
I'm only watch it until the part that Zelos betrayed the other and followed Mithos.
OMG! I'm waiting for the next part~

Sora
October 30th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Vesperia is already in PS3 -_-

I'm pretty sure they were talking about the PS3 version being Localized since only the 360 version ever was. Just like how the PS2 version of Symphonia never localized.

Yup. Though there hasn't even been any sightings of the RAW up anywhere yet. I honestly haven't even seen the second United World episode Subbed (other than the first two minutes. Kharlan group okay.) so I guess I should get around to that sometime.

I'm waiting for the one that has it subtitle, you meaning Tales of Symphonia OVA,right?
I'm only watch it until the part that Zelos betrayed the other and followed Mithos.
OMG! I'm waiting for the next part~
I'm guessing you haven't watched the second OVA episode yet (Lloyd and gang fight their way into the tower and encounter Mithos who have merged his sister with Colette. We saw how that went in the game; it's the same there). It's subbed on Youtube last time I checked. Again, I just haven't gotten around to watching it subbed.

A ... fair warning to everything that the ending to the OVA is indeed different than that of the game. If you're interested I'll spoiler it but otherwise just ... yeah. I haven't watching it yet but I've been told and its well .. weird.

Cherrim
October 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I... don't think I even finished the Tethe'alla arc. :[ The episodes just took so long I kept forgetting about them and then just stopped paying attention to news of them to avoid spoilers lol.

Sora
October 30th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Well, I guess in a ... month or so (unless you don't mind Raws then hopefully within the next few days) it would be a good time to watch the rest of it since you will no longer have to wait for any more episodes once you are finished! I really enjoyed United World, even if it's mainly because there were Kharlan moments (which were pretty much straight from Tales of Fandom II with a few changes, but besides the point ... )

Cherrim
October 30th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I think I've only watched one episode total with subs so it's not a big deal to me. I'll just make sure to look for them this week!

Oh no, I'll probably never play Tales of Fandom 2 then if it takes out one of the main reasons to... oops. XD;

ソラ
October 30th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Really?
Maybe it's a lied news, because the one that going to be remake in PS Vita is Tales of Innocence, it will became Tales of Innocence R.

They already remade Innocence, the game been out for a while now, They announced Hearts R.

Sora
October 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I think I've only watched one episode total with subs so it's not a big deal to me. I'll just make sure to look for them this week!

Oh no, I'll probably never play Tales of Fandom 2 then if it takes out one of the main reasons to... oops. XD;
You should be able to find everything but the last episode no problem! It's just the last one everything is waiting one haha. xD;

And yeaaah. It was honestly the only thing I have ever watched that is from Tales of Fandom 2. Though the Fandalia Flower part is different in the game than it was in the animation (which is the biggest Kharlan part) if that makes up for anything.

zid_sen
October 31st, 2012, 12:07 AM
They already remade Innocence, the game been out for a while now, They announced Hearts R.

Reaaly? That's a good news, sorry i think that was a lied news,
but i really prefer that Tales of Hearts R should be in Wii!
Because the game is really cool! But in NDS it's graphic doesn't really support T_T

Ice Car
October 31st, 2012, 01:39 AM
Am I allowed to post in here without being a member of the club?

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/Ice_Car/Miscelleneous/Foeyay.png

ソラ
October 31st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Reaaly? That's a good news, sorry i think that was a lied news,
but i really prefer that Tales of Hearts R should be in Wii!
Because the game is really cool! But in NDS it's graphic doesn't really support T_T

Yup really, Gonna be for PSVita, they did a teaser at the end of Innocence two pictures came up, Hearts, and Tempest.

Here is screen shots of some of the game, the game been reported 50% done.
Going to be out sometime Spring 2013.

http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e722208886.jpghttp://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e722060eeb.jpghttp://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e721e937ec.jpghttp://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e721a586ed.jpghttp://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e721cd2f9f.jpg

Source: Report of date and more screens. (http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1010)
Report of 50% done & Scans (http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1009)

Miss Doronjo
October 31st, 2012, 06:33 PM
I know they're planning to release Xilla near the beginning of 2013, but is there any news of localization overseas for Hearts R? =(

U.Flame
October 31st, 2012, 08:30 PM
If localizations don't happen, get the Japanese version. At least the Escort titles don't require you to understand the story. That's why I got Radiant Mythology 2 and just now, 3. The Radiant Mythology series gets better with every sequel! Why did they only localize the first?

ソラ
November 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM
I know they're planning to release Xilla near the beginning of 2013, but is there any news of localization overseas for Hearts R? =(

I dunno, I remember reading a bit back that Baba want's western fans to play Hearts, he said to Import it, since he has no plans to localizing it, but that was for the DS version, who knows about ToH-R

Sora
November 1st, 2012, 08:28 PM
If localizations don't happen, get the Japanese version. At least the Escort titles don't require you to understand the story. That's why I got Radiant Mythology 2 and just now, 3. The Radiant Mythology series gets better with every sequel! Why did they only localize the first?
Tales of Hearts R isn't an escort title though; it's a mothership title with it's own full cast. It's basically a redo of Tales of Hearts with probably some extras and so forth like with Tales of Innocence R.

Anyways, I don't believe we will be seeing any word of whether or not it will be localized until 2013 in the least. Maybe not until Xillia is out and they see how it does. But Graces F did pretty well as far as I remember so we'll see. Especially since Vita isn't doing so well (so I've heard. Anyone if free to tell me other wise or back me up with this).

U.Flame
November 2nd, 2012, 12:51 AM
Oh crap that's right, it isn't just escort titles that are kept from us.

So I've been playing Radiant Mythology 3, while I don't know Japanese or info about Ruca, it seems the game hints at a possible Emil X Ruca relationship though I could be wrong. From what I've seen of Ruca, I think they would make a perfect gay couple.

zid_sen
November 2nd, 2012, 03:24 AM
Oh crap that's right, it isn't just escort titles that are kept from us.

So I've been playing Radiant Mythology 3, while I don't know Japanese or info about Ruca, it seems the game hints at a possible Emil X Ruca relationship though I could be wrong. From what I've seen of Ruca, I think they would make a perfect gay couple.

They two is something like a "Lonely 2 Personal character"
Isn't you know? Emil has a "Ratatosk Mode" and Ruca has "(forgot) mode" as their second personality!
But as their first personality, they are really timid!

Yeah,
even there's already a news about Tales of Xillia 2 O.w.O

Yup really, Gonna be for PSVita, they did a teaser at the end of Innocence two pictures came up, Hearts, and Tempest.

Here is screen shots of some of the game, the game been reported 50% done.
Going to be out sometime Spring 2013.

http://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e722208886.jpghttp://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e722060eeb.jpghttp://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e721e937ec.jpghttp://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e721a586ed.jpghttp://gallery.abyssalchronicles.com/albums/userpics/10002/l_508e721cd2f9f.jpg

Source: Report of date and more screens. (http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1010)
Report of 50% done & Scans (http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1009)

Kyaaaa!
Y'know, the graphic is really looks like Tales of Graces!!
Woah! I don't really believe it! PS Vita cool! OH NO! I'm going to sick and want PS Vita XD

Cherrim
November 2nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
I figure if we haven't heard anything about Innocence R by now, we aren't getting it. If we aren't getting Innocence which is generally considered to be a lot better/more well-received than Hearts, we aren't getting Hearts R. :(
Well, these are different kinds of escort titles from RM or Tales of VS. :/ They're actually very story driven instead of being character/crossover driven. And iirc, Innocence and Hearts are considered full games anyway, aren't they? I think it was just Tempest that was demoted to escort title. (I could be wrong though.) It's fairly easy to grasp what's going on in the spinoffs but I assume it's much harder in the full titles if you don't know any Japanese.

I think the first Radiant Mythology did horribly here because, honestly it was a pretty mediocre game. I loved it because I love grindfests but it was pretty subpar with character interaction, it was annoying to obtain your party members, and the story was pretty eh. I've been playing RM2 on and off for a while now and it's so much better so if they'd been able to localize more of them, I think the spinoff series could have picked up wonderfully but so many people were put off by the overall quality of RM1 that it's just not gonna happen. Also meant we didn't get spinoffs like Tales of VS which was so much fun. :'(

ソラ
November 6th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Tales of Hearts R P/V.
I can't wait till this game comes out! I need a PSVita!

WdauQV_tgn0

~Ryukaa
November 7th, 2012, 12:38 AM
What I'm personally hoping they do if they're thinking of localizing it is waiting until all three games in the R series are released in Japan, and then putting them all together into a single pack and giving us that. It would definitely give people more incentive to buy it, especially since a lot of people are skeptical about Innocence R, and probably will feel the same about Tempest R. o3o3o

I mean, I wouldn't mind buying them separately, but this seems like an awesome thing they could/should do. : D

Miss Doronjo
November 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I have.. just a fun little question:

Since the Symphonia OVA is now over (correct me if I'm wrong.. D=), what do you think will come next? Which Tales games would you like to see animated?

ソラ
November 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Since the Symphonia OVA is now over (correct me if I'm wrong.. D=), what do you think will come next? Which Tales games would you like to see animated?

I would love to see a Graces anime that or Hearts.

~Ryukaa
November 8th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Well, I think the Vesperia anime will come next! It was implied a while ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if they went through with it. I would love a Vesperia anime. I've always wanted to play the game, but since I don't have a 360, I've never been able to. So yeah! A Vesperia anime would be fantastic!

ソラ
November 10th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Tales of Hearts R Website is fully open.

http://toh-r.tales-ch.jp/

I still can't wait till this game, imma get it no matter it localizes it or not. D: I do hope they localize it >w<

zid_sen
November 10th, 2012, 11:51 PM

I really want to see the Graces one!
Tales of Graces is a tales game that have a dramatic,friendship and romantic story~
It'll be really good! But well, i'm hoping Xillia too because i really want to know it story more well!
It's like that xillia's story is make me crazy

I would love to see a Graces anime that or Hearts.
Same as me!!

Sora
November 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Vesperia has already gotten a movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got an animation as well considering how popular that game is. That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if Graces gets an animation, or even Xillia; especially since Xillia was animated by UFOtable, the ones who animated the Tales of Symphonia OVAs.

U.Flame
November 12th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I'm hoping for a Graces anime.My sister loves Graces, but she's too lazy to play through the game.

Cherrim
November 12th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I have a feeling Xillia might be next just given how popular it is in Japan. :x It gets way more merch than pretty much any of the other games and I know that's partially because it's the newest but as someone who's tried to keep up with Tales merch for the last couple years, there's definitely been an explosion of it since Xillia first came out compared to the releases of other games since I started paying attention (around Symphonia and Abyss).

U.Flame
November 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Well I just got Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave. I have to say, even though it seems much too easy, I really enjoy the battle system. It's so strange to play with Tales characters in a game that doesn't use the Linear-Motion Battle System. I love that battle system, but this game is a nice break from it.

Cherrim
November 21st, 2012, 08:47 PM
What's the battle system like? I kind of ignored any news of that game because I couldn't afford to import it when it came out. Not that I can afford it now or anything but I wasn't aware it had a different battle system. :x

U.Flame
November 22nd, 2012, 03:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNUoAJb4Msc

Instead of going through a dungeon and fighting being two separate modes, this game combines them. The dungeons aren't really dungeons either, more like locations.

Cherrim
December 17th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Ah, that's interesting. The game was on sale on... some site, the other day. I very nearly went for it but I really don't have the cash to spare (or the time to play it xD).

I especially don't have time because I finally picked up my playthrough of Tales of Graces f again with my roommates. I really didn't like the game at first but omg now we're addicted. @_@; I don't know why I like the game so much because on a lot of individual levels, I thought it was terrible or mediocre for the most part (I don't really like any of the characters individually except for Richard, the music is really generic even for a Tales game, every single dungeon was horrible, and the plot felt really unfinished) but I love playing it and I'm masochistically going for complete. S-so many titles......

I just wish I had Richard the whole time. ;_;' He's the only character I really liked, lmao. I was really hoping we'd have him around for at least the endgame instead of just the beginning and epilogue boo.

Sora
December 18th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I haven't really played Graces f but from what I've heard from other people it almost seems like a hit or miss Tales of Game. You either play the game and adore it or play the game and not find it as enjoyable as other games. Not sure what I would think of it; I would have to play the game first before deciding, of course.

U.Flame
December 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Does anyone here play Radiant Mythology 3? I'm stuck on Elan Vital, the final dungeon. Actually I already beat it but I'm revisiting it to see what I missed. I noticed there's a blocked portal in "Spectrum (upside down L symbol) (triangle symbol) - Portal"
I've already unlocked the blue portals, this blocked portal looks like a common pink portal. Except it's blocked. I can't find where to unlock it and for once the internet isn't providing any answers.

Another RM3 question, this one's more simple. How do I get the Key of Lorelei? I see I already have 2 parts of Sword Pattern 6, so I just need one more for the Key of Lorelei. Problem is I can't remember where I got them. I figured the most likely place is Luke dropping it in the Arena since most Tales characters drop parts of their special weapons there. I beat Luke over 50 times now but got nothing. Do the parts come from green chests or does some other character drop it? Yet again the internet fails to provide any answers.

ソラ
December 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Long time since I've been here. I still have no beaten Tales of Vesperia for the PS3 xD Backlogging like crazy, I have played the demo for Tales of Hearts R, feels so amazing!! But sadly I wont be able to get this at launch date, gotta wait for a little while, since Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix come out at the same time frame of this game, I'm a die hard fan of KH sooo, yeah. I finally picked up the "Tales of Vesperia - The First Strike" for Xmas, I got it in the mail today. Also, I imported a 2 tales games I'm excited to play >3<.

@Lightning. Tales of Graces f is amazing. :) I loved the game when I first played it, Sophie is my favorite character, She..is amazing :D I need to finish my NG+ in the ENG version xD.

Anyone excited for Tales of Xillia thats coming out 2013? :3

U.Flame
December 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Does anyone here play Radiant Mythology 3? I'm stuck on Elan Vital, the final dungeon. Actually I already beat it but I'm revisiting it to see what I missed. I noticed there's a blocked portal in "Spectrum (upside down L symbol) (triangle symbol) - Portal"
I've already unlocked the blue portals, this blocked portal looks like a common pink portal. Except it's blocked. I can't find where to unlock it and for once the internet isn't providing any answers.

Another RM3 question, this one's more simple. How do I get the Key of Lorelei? I see I already have 2 parts of Sword Pattern 6, so I just need one more for the Key of Lorelei. Problem is I can't remember where I got them. I figured the most likely place is Luke dropping it in the Arena since most Tales characters drop parts of their special weapons there. I beat Luke over 50 times now but got nothing. Do the parts come from green chests or does some other character drop it? Yet again the internet fails to provide any answers.

Well this is embarrassing...I found the solution to my questions just minutes after I posted them.

The blocked portal leads to the final area of Elan Vital where the boss is fought. Don't know why they would block it after beating it but at least I know I'm not missing anything.

Turns out Asch drops parts to the Key of Lorelei. I'm disappointed though, it was a mistranslation. (Not sure who made the mistake, the RM3 makers or the English patch translators.) The Key of Lorelei isn't actually the Key of Lorelei; it's Asch's Oracle Knight sword. Still awesome, but I was hoping for the Key.

Back on topic: I can't wait for Xillia! I finally have money to pre-order it too! Anyone else expect special pre-order content to be released? It seems every game is doing that now, even Graces. I hope this means we'll be getting Xillia 2 soon. Unlike Destiny 2, they don't have an excuse to keep it from us.

ソラ
December 29th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Back on topic: I can't wait for Xillia! I finally have money to pre-order it too! Anyone else expect special pre-order content to be released? It seems every game is doing that now, even Graces. I hope this means we'll be getting Xillia 2 soon. Unlike Destiny 2, they don't have an excuse to keep it from us.

Baba did say depending how much it sells in the western market for Xillia 2 to be brought over. So, I gotta say we should promote it to people, who are in fact are RPG, Jrpg fans. That's what I've been doing and such around :3

Cherrim
January 12th, 2013, 10:24 AM
So, Tales of Vesperia PS3 is in the rumour mill again (http://www.playstationeuphoria.com/general/is-sony-hinting-towards-a-tales-of-vesperia-ps3-port-for-the-west.html). In an official poll by Playstation Blog, they asked what kind of games people liked getting with Playstation Plus and one of the examples was Tales of Vesperia! Was this just a mistake (maybe they meant Tales of Graces, maybe an intern messed up and didn't realize Vesperia was never released here) or is this a hint that Vesperia might make its way to the PS3 in some form here after all? :O

Miss Doronjo
January 12th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Mmm, it can be quite interesting for them to bring it over to the Playstation network, and I'd be all in favor for them to bring it on' over here, buuuut a part of me kind of says it might be still unlikely for them to bring the PS3 port, but, it'll be cool to see!

U.Flame
January 16th, 2013, 08:57 PM
So, Tales of Vesperia PS3 is in the rumour mill again (http://www.playstationeuphoria.com/general/is-sony-hinting-towards-a-tales-of-vesperia-ps3-port-for-the-west.html). In an official poll by Playstation Blog, they asked what kind of games people liked getting with Playstation Plus and one of the examples was Tales of Vesperia! Was this just a mistake (maybe they meant Tales of Graces, maybe an intern messed up and didn't realize Vesperia was never released here) or is this a hint that Vesperia might make its way to the PS3 in some form here after all? :O

Oh God YES! PLEASE be a hint! I really hope PS3 Vesperia isn't forgotton in the pile of awesome games that never made it outside of Japan.

Looks like Current Japanese RPGs is ahead in the poll. It has about 3000 votes already. :) Hopefully it's because people are noticing the Vesperia.

Cherrim
January 20th, 2013, 02:14 AM
It's not like there's a whole lot of work that would be needed. I mean, I guess they'd need to call the voice actors back in and get one for Patty but on the whole, it's not like they'd need to redo the whole game or anything. Releasing it on PSN would mean they wouldn't have to spend a whole lot on marketing or packaging/distribution. It's a good way for companies to release what the fans want without taking a huge financial risk. (I mean, if Tokyo Jungle was able to be localized and do well on PSN, I feel like plenty of games could follow suit. :P)

I'd love to play Vesperia PS3. It's on my list of things to buy when I actually have time to play so I'll get it eventually but on the whole I do prefer my Tales games in English just because I can fully appreciate all the jokes and interactions. :( My Japanese is good enough for me to understand plots and instructions and the like, and you can always guess at a character's intentions when skits and scenes are voiced but it's just not the same as understanding everything 100%, so I'd really like to be able to play in English. ;;

U.Flame
January 20th, 2013, 06:36 AM
I wish I knew enough Japanese to understand...well, anything! I always assumed I wasn't missing out on anything by not knowing the plot of Radiant Mythology 2 and 3 because I thought the story would be as bad as Radiant Mythology 1. Those games are basically just fanservice after all so I assumed gameplay was all that mattered. But I recently heard that their plots are actually more decent so now I'm curious!

Cherrim
January 20th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Mm, I haven't played RM2 in ages and don't remember much of it (never finished it either) but what I'd learnt in the plot so far wasn't very interesting. I don't think you missed out on much in that game, haha.

I only play the spinoffs for the character interactions. I don't expect much plot at all, to be honest.

Urugamosu
January 20th, 2013, 11:06 PM
The Tales of series! :o
I would love to join, I love that series, it's just so good.

ソラ
January 26th, 2013, 08:11 PM
So Tales of Xillia probably be releasing in Summer if I heard correctly. I wonder how the voices are. I've been playing ToX2 for a little bit, I love the gameplay so much of this. Ludger is epic to play as :3