PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Miss Doronjo
November 2nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
[css-div="width: 870px; height: 100%; border: 5px #000000 solid;"][css-div="background-color: #FEFEFE; background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; color: #000000"]
T h e ★ T a l e s ★ o f ★ N a m c o ★ Club

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1332/65a08a484ba9b5e520413e7.jpg

Introduction
HEY YOU, YES YOU. Are you a fan of the Tales games brought to us part by Namco? That includes games like Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Abyss, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Phanatasia, and so on, and so on. Well, if you're a fan, come right in! We talk and discuss about all things "Tales of" related -- that includes skits, your favourite mystic artes, those characters that you'd like to STRANGLE (stares at Mohs), and a lot more.

Is this your first time hearing about these games, and wanna learn more? No problem! Step right in anyway; we'd love to welcome you with big open arms and hugs, as you can learn all about these games. Questions about anything are indeed welcome here, as well as clarification about things you'd like to get cleared up.

So yeah, your free to talk about the characters, the artes, the magics, the bosses, or any moundo you want from these games! So stay a while; Raine will cook the food--

No wait...bad idea.

Rules:

Follow all standard PC rules. You're not banned, so that's a good sign that you've been following the rules, yeah?
Be polite. There's a person with feelings on the other side of the screen. Speculation in particular is a subject that may raise arguments, which is completely fine, as long as nobody crosses the line.
Stay on topic. Only create new topics when the situation is fitting; completely ignoring an active, ongoing topic may and probably will come off as impolite. Not to say that we can't have several topics going on at the same time.
Put spoilers in spoiler tags. There may be members who have not yet played certain games, so they wouldn't know the full story. So please, for courtesy sake, please put spoilers in [SPOILER] tags.

Member List:
Miss Doronjo
smile!
inkpuddle
Icebloom
BinaryPeaches
Captain Fabio
~Ryukaa
Roswell
Sammyskitty
Raiskit
Joey's Rattata
darklord18
Makoli
Aether
Lightning
Speed
コナンくん
~Platina's Jason~
Charizard★
Miaka
Liacri
PokeSwimmer
parallelzero
Wansen
EntwinedSilence
insitutions
Zeroblivion
Algo Fonix
Tetrakeet
LadyAyeka
NarutoActor
Shdwj

[/css-div][/css-div]

thedestinedblade
November 7th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Big Tales fan here. I'd like to join. :)

smile!
November 8th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Hweel~! (Kudos to anyone who knows where that came from :P)

I wanna join! I've only played 3 Tales game (one of which I never finished.. XP), but I've been a BIG fan ever since I played the first one, which was Tales of Phantasia, because I simply LOVE the LMBS. ^^

Miss Doronjo
November 8th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Everyone's been added. <3
Personally, I'm a Tales of Vesperia fan myself. <3

Stellar
November 8th, 2010, 05:34 AM
You know I need to join this. <3
It's been feeling kind of empty here since the last one died. ):

I've played about five Tales games myself: Symphonia, Symphonia: DotNW/KoR, Vesperia, Phantasia, and Legendia. I never did finish Phantasia and Legendia, but I got pretty far and I plan to complete them soon. :D

smile!
November 8th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Thanks! ^^
btw, that Eggbear from your user title, is that from Eternia? XD

Uhh, for me, my favorite game is Tales of Eternia, but that's because I've only played three (Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia). I got bored with Destiny halfway (XP) so I didn't finish that one. Though, I've seen Mystic Arte videos from a lot of games, and I must say I love a LOT of them. IIRC one of my favorites is Rita's Mystic Arte from ToV (Ancient Catastrophe). It's flashy ^^

Miss Doronjo
November 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
You know I need to join this. <3
It's been feeling kind of empty here since the last one died. ):

I've played about five Tales games myself: Symphonia, Symphonia: DotNW/KoR, Vesperia, Phantasia, and Legendia. I never did finish Phantasia and Legendia, but I got pretty far and I plan to complete them soon. :D

I've put you in; welcome. <3
I never finished Symphonia 1. D=

I dunno; Yaggarsill kicks ass in Maina mode. ;-;

Thanks! ^^
btw, that Eggbear from your user title, is that from Eternia? XD

Uhh, for me, my favorite game is Tales of Eternia, but that's because I've only played three (Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia). I got bored with Destiny halfway (XP) so I didn't finish that one. Though, I've seen Mystic Arte videos from a lot of games, and I must say I love a LOT of them. IIRC one of my favorites is Rita's Mystic Arte from ToV (Ancient Catastrophe). It's flashy ^^

Oh, its from Vesperia; when you meet Karol.

He had to kill an eggbear, so he chants: "prepare to die eggbear!" And swings his big sword around until Yuri strikes him.

My favourite MA is Yuri's. =D
Though it may cause seizures. @-@

Sora
November 8th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'm not sticking around if Raine is cooking.

nah, I kid. While I have only completely three of the Tales of Games (Symphonia, DOTNW, and Abyss) I love the series. My favorite would have to be Symphonia though, and I will forever say that it 1. needs a remake with the newer battle system and the PS2 extras and 2. needs a prequel with the Four Seraphim.

Anyways, my favorite Hi-Ougi would honestly have to be Genis' from DOTNW. While I think the game could have been so much better, I just simply love how he uses Indignation in that game, and how he says it in the English version is just... amazing, considering the general voice acting in that game.

Miss Doronjo
November 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
She's Cookied Chocolate covered Noodles tonight! D=

I love Genis's MA. ^-^
And his voice acting; cause his voice got alittle deeper and grew 16th of an inch! <3
Symphonia 2 was okay; it was just the story was a little iffy. (<--- Also hates Marta)
I also love Decus's and Alice's voice acting too. :3

Rita from Tales of Vesperia has the same MA as Genis's, buts its only in the Japenese version in PS3. The characters have 2 MA's.

Sora
November 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I'm hiding!

Yeah. When it came to the Voice Acting of DOTNW for the original Symphonia characters, I would have say that I liked Genis' the most. It matched how he grew in the past two years and weird to say but I was even slightly disappointed in Colette's and Presea's acting, despite having the same Voice Actresses for the two games (love their voices in the first game).
Symphonia 2 could have been so much better to say the least. I did like Alice and Decus though.

I'm only played a little Vesperia, and (while I may be shot for it) I didn't think too much of it. Maybe the greatness isn't until further in, or maybe my friend just spazzed about it so much I was playing it just to check it out. I'm not quite sure.

Stellar
November 8th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Oh, its from Vesperia; when you meet Karol.Arguably one of the funniest scenes in the entire game. I love Yuri's impression of it. x3

My favorite Mystic Arte is Devil's Hellfire + Ain Soph Aur from DotNW. That evil laugh is just... nnnnngh. <3 I love how it references a turning point in the game's storyline, especially when you use it against a certain boss character.

Musica
November 8th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I've only played Tales of the World : Radiany Mythology. Too bad II didn't get an English release.

thedestinedblade
November 8th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Sadly, a lot of Tales games didn't get an English release. Hoping the newest game in development (for the PS3) does make it outside Japan. You never know with Namco Bandai though. :/

Miss Doronjo
November 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah, they didn't release the PS3 Tales of Vesperia one. ;-;

And I was hoping they'd release tales of graces~

thedestinedblade
November 8th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Tales of Unitia is supposedly the title for the new game for the PS3.

Yeah, I definitely would have bought the PS3 version of Vesperia. Never was a fan of Flynn but Patty looked like sweet character. :D As for Graces, well, disappointed that didn't make outside of Japan either. :/ Looks really good.

Stellar
November 8th, 2010, 01:09 PM
And I was hoping they'd release tales of graces~At least we can look forward to a European release, I think... last I heard it was being released there and not in the US, which sucks for me. I dunno though, it's been a while so they might've just given it the axe. Hopefully it'll at least hit Europe and I'll be able to import it~

I'm only played a little Vesperia, and (while I may be shot for it) I didn't think too much of it. Maybe the greatness isn't until further in, or maybe my friend just spazzed about it so much I was playing it just to check it out. I'm not quite sure.Even having played the game myself, I kind of have to agree with you. It was really nice and flashy, but... that's all it was. Pretty characters with pretty personalities who you can fangirl/boy over, but nothing really any deeper than that to stay with you. :/

Miss Doronjo
November 8th, 2010, 02:30 PM
No game is ever perfect. ^^;

Lets see...

My favorite skit is when Teneberae made the pun about "sighs Four" :3

Eucliffe
November 8th, 2010, 02:51 PM
How long has this been here. /never checks OCl

You also forgot about Arche and her cooking skills :<

/because I can

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1332/65a08a484ba9b5e520413e7.jpg

OK, so yeah. I haven't beat any Tales games yet, own four (Symphonia, DotNW, Phantasia, and Radiant Mythology), know plenty of spoilers (namely for Symphonia, some for Abyss), and love Lloyd (hate his newer American VA though). Love Symphonia too, by the way, though I also like Radiant Mythology and Phantasia.

And favorite skit... The one in Radiant Mythology where Chester and Lloyd earn the "Despicable Lech" gag titles :D /since I don't believe you can change titles other than your character's title in RM

...So I can join right.

Miss Doronjo
November 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah, you can. ^.^

Ooohhh man I forgot about Arche. ;-; I wonder how Kratos feels. D=

I haven't played Radiant Mythology all THAT much but yeah, I hated Llyods voice too kinda. ;-;

Eucliffe
November 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Since I can't own multiple TV consoles (though we still have the Gamecube), Radiant Mythology allows me to get to know some of the characters from other series. Also, Raine and Arche can just give their cooking to Reid, since he's like a human garbage can |D

Lloyd's original American VA = forever win. His original VA is also win /and not just because he also voices Kamina and Laxus

And Tales of the Abyss coming out for the 3DS makes me sad because I don't really want a 3DS. /plus they're gonna be expensive

By the way you need to add Peaches to the members list too.

Maraala
November 8th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Sammy wanna join!

Sammy only has played Symphonia but Sammy is looking into the other ones, mhmm

Sora
November 8th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Tales of Unitia is supposedly the title for the new game for the PS3.

Yeah, I definitely would have bought the PS3 version of Vesperia. Never was a fan of Flynn but Patty looked like sweet character. :D As for Graces, well, disappointed that didn't make outside of Japan either. :/ Looks really good.

I'm quite surprised. Most people that I know tend to like Flynn as a character but not Patty, mainly because she's an extra to the PS3 version. /wouldn't mind to have the PS3 version of Vesperia though [s]so she can put Patty in the Mithos costume.

At least we can look forward to a European release, I think... last I heard it was being released there and not in the US, which sucks for me. I dunno though, it's been a while so they might've just given it the axe. Hopefully it'll at least hit Europe and I'll be able to import it~

Even having played the game myself, I kind of have to agree with you. It was really nice and flashy, but... that's all it was. Pretty characters with pretty personalities who you can fangirl/boy over, but nothing really any deeper than that to stay with you. :/

Oh my Yggdrasil, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! /high-five! And You actually played the game, so you can actually say that. XD; /can't say much, other than she adores Colette much more than Estelle.

I'm... neutral towards having Abyss for the 3DS. It's nice seeing that it's going to be put on a new console, but it's not the game I wanted to be put elsewhere. I want Symphonia, and the reason why Symphonia isn't getting put anyways is because of it's battle system and all that jazz (least in the Abyss 3DS article, saying that Abyss was better than Symphonia because of it's updated battle system). Well Namco, stop being lazy, update it, add the PS2 Features, and put it on another console.

/end rage.

Stellar
November 9th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Tales of Unitia is supposedly the title for the new game for the PS3.I heard that Unitia was one of the titles trademarked for Graces and that Bamco doesn't usually recycle names. So ToU could very well be a port of Graces, if it really exists at all.

My favorite skit is when Teneberae made the pun about "sighs Four" :3I loved that skit. xD DotNW had a lot of really good ones, both funny and kind of thought-provoking. I think my favorite has to be "Richter's Cooking":

RICHTER: Emil. Food's ready.
EMIL: Thank you very much.
RICHTER: Go ahead and eat it, if you can.
EMIL: That sounds pretty ominous. It looks normal enough, though. Let me give it a try.
(Emil takes a bite, freezes up)
EMIL: Mom, wait for me, I'll be joining you shortly... -falls-
RICHTER: I was afraid of that. This is the first time I've ever cooked.

Miss Doronjo
November 9th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Know which boss I hate the most? Alexei. x-x

Seriously; no "tales of" boss as ever used THAT much Overlimits or MA's as he does. ><

smile!
November 9th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Oh, its from Vesperia; when you meet Karol.

He had to kill an eggbear, so he chants: "prepare to die eggbear!" And swings his big sword around until Yuri strikes him.

My favourite MA is Yuri's. =D
Though it may cause seizures. @-@

Ah, I see. I thought it was from Eternia ^_^;
What's the name of Yuri's MA?

Know which boss I hate the most? Alexei. x-x

Seriously; no "tales of" boss as ever used THAT much Overlimits or MA's as he does. ><

For me, one in Eternia that I hate the most was Nereid-Regulus. He's not THAT hard to beat, but there's this one-hit-kill attack that he has; it's short-ranged, but if all the team members are in front of him while he does that, you're dead. =[ That's so like, cheap. >.<

I want more Tales game to play :x But I've only 3, lol.

Sora
November 10th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I have a... lot of favorite skits. XD; However, I guess I would have to say the Kendama ones in Tales of Symphonia.

As for least favorite enemies?

Symphonia:
Remiel - Whenever Colette say's 'It's time' I simply reply with 'TO KILL REMIEL'. </3
Rodyle - Just... I don't even know where to start.

Abyss:
Mohs - IOOOOON. ;___; You may have felt some sympathy Anise, but I didn't. None. Not at all. He deserved what he got.

Yup. Those three. ^-^

Miss Doronjo
November 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
My least favorite enemies... (including Alexi of course)

Hawkie (Hawk) from ToS2 - Cause I swear, he has a permanent OVL. ;-; I couldn't stagger him at all.

Yeager from Vesperia - Cause well, in his second stage, he has a very good defense. @-@ Still a nice voice though. =D

And oohhhh my favorite 1 on 1; would have to be Kratos vs Llyod. ^.^
Cause it really fits to the story, ad its just so epic. <3

Steel*
November 21st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Cool, a Tales of... group! Tales of Symphonia is my favorite game of all time; ToS 2 isn't quite as good, but it's still one of my favorites. I don't have access to the other Tales of... games because I only have the Nintendo systems, but I'm hoping that Namco will release more to the Nintendo Wii.

I'd like to join this group if possible!

Sora
November 23rd, 2010, 11:25 AM
There's Tales of Hearts for the Wii, right? Chances are Namco-Bandai is going to be evil though and never localize it here in the states, or in other countries. I'd wish they would stop being so exclusive when it came to their Tales of Games.

I'd also wish they would remake Tales of Symphonia and/or give it a Prequel.

thedestinedblade
November 23rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Tales of Hearts is for the DS. :D You're probably talking about Graces, but yeah, Namco-Bandai refuses to localize a lot their titles. I've lost faith in them. :sleeping:

Prequel to ToS? That would be nice. Dealing with what though? Kratos and the gang, lol?

Sora
November 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Ah right. I had a feeling I was wrong when I remembered my friend talking about playing Hearts on a ROM. XD; Well, both Hearts and Graces then, since they're both on Nintendo consoles. But yeah. I've pretty much lost faith in 'em as well. ;;

Yeah. The prequel would have the Four Seraphim as playable characters, and we would know exactly how the story went 4000 years in the past. :3 The problem is with the ending, unless they make an 'alternate-universe' ending that doesn't include Martel's Death. xD;

thedestinedblade
December 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
v/kINfe99-Wls?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kINfe99-Wls?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

First trailer of the new Tales games for the PS3,Tales of Xillia. I'm really liking the design of the overall world. Main girl's design is nice too. Not feeling the main character though. Seems the main guy uses his fists ala Senel. Who knows the chance of this being localized. :laugh:

Miss Doronjo
December 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
The main gal's design reminds me of marta for some reason. o-o

Eh, I hope that the english version will be as great as the Origional Jap. version. =]

Sora
December 15th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Considering the fact that this will be Namco's 15th anniversary game, chances are it'll be localized outside of Japan. Just like how they brought over ToS2, because it was Namco's 10th anniversary game I would have preferred a prequel, but hey.. 20th anniversary? <3

Either way, I don't have any plans on getting a PS3 anytime soon because they don't play PS2 games, soooo. :(

smile!
December 16th, 2010, 02:11 AM
A lot of Tales games aren't localized =(

Is Tales of VS released for the US version, does someone know?

Miss Doronjo
December 16th, 2010, 08:19 AM
It wasn't ever realesed outside Japan; it was only for japan for the PS2 I believe.

Tales of Graces wasn't realesed too, right?

thedestinedblade
December 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Yeah, Tales of Graces and Tales of Graces F (The PS3 port) weren't released outside of Japan. 5 of 12 current mothership titles haven't been localized. With the previous two games (Hearts and Graces) not even being mentioned for an English port. That's the only reason I have some doubt for Xillia making it outside of Japan.

Btw, main character's name for Tales of Xillia is Jude Mathis. :D The girl's name is Mira Maxwell.

Miss Doronjo
December 17th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Jude Mathis... Judge Mathis's son? ^_~

Honestly, Namco doesn't localize stuff pretty often. But eh, its toon soon to know yet IMO. ~ u_u

Sora
December 17th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Again, they tend to perhaps like to localize 'Anniversary' Games, which is why I'm thinking that this next one just might make it localized. If not, then I officially dislike Namco. :(

That and they haven't localized anything mothership since Vesperia.

thedestinedblade
December 18th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I hope you're right. I really don't want to resort to playing the game in Japanese, lol. It's been awhile since I've played a Tales game. Vesperia was the last one, and I didn't even bother to finish that one.

Sora
December 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I played Tales of Symphonia the other day. xD; It wasn't much, just beating up Mithos (even though he's my favorite character *sob*).

But honestly, I think you're the only person I know who has played the game (and has it?) and doesn't bother finishing it. Everyone else I know is all 'VESPERIA! :DDD <3333 I LOVE YOU'

Least one of my friends are like that.

thedestinedblade
December 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Are you not a fan of Vesperia? Nothing against the game, I just have a habit of not finishing games. Phantasia, Abyss, Legendia, and Symphonia are the only ones I've actually finished. :D

I haven't played Symphonia in about 4 years. I went through it about 3 times, so I pretty much did everything there is to do, lol. I'll probably just start a new game of Eternia soon.

Raiskit
December 18th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Nyyyyyaa~ I waaaaannna joooin!

Asking the question from up above~

Symphonia
Kirilia (The person who posed as Dorr's daughter, her)
and Kvar A rock

Abyss
Mohs please~

Knight of Ratatosk
Hawkie..
Marta's dad.
[s]I only like Richter because he's a half-elf really.

Those are the only games I've played sadly...[/B]

Miss Doronjo
December 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Added. <3

I quite like Richter too. <3
He's one of my favorite Tales-of Villains. ^-^ [Or anti-hero; whatever you wanna call it.]

Raiskit
December 18th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Whooooo~

Richter is pretty cool, and he isn't the wost villain out there. He has more of a reason to be the anti-hero than some other main bosses. Van. He's also a [i]half-elf~[/i. /bias

Sora
December 22nd, 2010, 08:37 PM
Are you not a fan of Vesperia? Nothing against the game, I just have a habit of not finishing games. Phantasia, Abyss, Legendia, and Symphonia are the only ones I've actually finished. :D

I haven't played Symphonia in about 4 years. I went through it about 3 times, so I pretty much did everything there is to do, lol. I'll probably just start a new game of Eternia soon.

I played a bit of it, and I didn't really see what's so great. Maybe I just didn't get far enough or something? IDK. XD;

Really? So you mean you finished the collector's book, all titles, etc etc? :o

thedestinedblade
December 23rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
Well, I found Vesperia pretty average as well. Everything was solid for the most part, but nothing stood out for me. :/

Mostly everything...lol. I've never been one to bother with tedious sidequests.

Miss Doronjo
December 23rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
I think I've said this before: but the main reason Vesperia is my favorite Tales of game was because I love the game play, and the plot was pretty good too. Maybe not as detailed as ToS's plot, but its still pretty good. I also like the extra's that came after the main story; the cameo battles, the memory battles, etc.

/Also a huge combo freak.

thedestinedblade
December 23rd, 2010, 10:18 PM
ToS' story wasn't mind blowing to me, but the presentation and colorful cast of characters helped accentuate it's strong points. Yuri's personality was definitely unique from the other Tales' mains, but I felt the rest of the cast was a bit lacking. I'll give you the gameplay though. Just wish they had brought back summons. :/

Sora
December 24th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Hn... what exactly do we mean by gameplay? If we mean the battling, that would make sense. Vesperia is a newer game than Tales of Symphonia, Phantasia, and so forth after all. So it makes me wonder about those games, and if they were to be remade with the newer battle system.

Or at least a prequel to Tales of Symphonia. <3 You guys will get tired of me saying this, btw.

Miss Doronjo
December 24th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Well, the battle system as well as the World map, etc;

Um, what do you guys think of Tales of Symphonia 2? ~

thedestinedblade
December 25th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I found ToS2 rather disappointing. Main reason being they decided to make it a sort of spin-off game as opposed to a full-fledge mothership title thus not having as much content as the other games. Secondly, I just couldn't stand Emil. Definitely one of the worst main characters ever. Lastly, the whole monster system and story weren't something I was too fond of. They could have done more...:/ ToS deserved better. Not a hater, btw. Almost finished it too. :laugh:

Makoli
December 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Scary Obsessive Tales fan coming your way. I'd like to join please ^^

I own Tales of the Abyss, Symphonia (ps2&GC), Symphonia2: dotnw, Vesperia (360&ps3), Rebirth, Destiny (director cut <3), Destiny2, Innocence, Fandom2, Radiant Mythology (1&2), Versus and just ordered Graces F yesterday actually.

Holy crap I didn't realize just how long my list was growing till i wrote it all out now @__@ I've only finished a handful though. Right now Vesperia is probably my favorite. with Abyss being a close second

Sora
December 26th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Tales of Symphonia 2's best moments is the moments in which you are with a member of the original cast. When none of them are with you, the gang is pretty... eh. Pretty much what Icebloom said. I've replayed the game a few times, but solely to see the amazing moments of the original gang.

thedestinedblade
December 27th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I just finished Tales of Eternia. :D Last boss while not difficult can screw you over at end, lol. I don't think many people have played this game, but it's a decent entry. I've decided to start Tales of Innocence next. The translation patch was released a couple months back, and I've been meaning to give it a try.

Miss Doronjo
December 28th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Tales of Eternia...I've never played it.

When I finished Tales of Abyss (again) I kinda wanted to play Tales of Hearts~

smile!
December 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I just finished Tales of Eternia. :D Last boss while not difficult can screw you over at end, lol. I don't think many people have played this game, but it's a decent entry. I've decided to start Tales of Innocence next. The translation patch was released a couple months back, and I've been meaning to give it a try.

8D Eternia
I never finished my second playthrough with Eternia. Actually, I only need to defeat Shizel but I felt like training first to L100. XP So it's stuck in the middle of... training. XD
When you said last boss, you're referring to the Nereid-Shizel... no? I think she had that Maxwell Extension attack.. 2HKO, lol. What difficulty was that? 8D

thedestinedblade
December 28th, 2010, 11:16 AM
8D Eternia
I never finished my second playthrough with Eternia. Actually, I only need to defeat Shizel but I felt like training first to L100. XP So it's stuck in the middle of... training. XD
When you said last boss, you're referring to the Nereid-Shizel... no? I think she had that Maxwell Extension attack.. 2HKO, lol. What difficulty was that? 8D

Were you playing on hardcore? :shocked: If so, congrats. One playthrough on standard difficulty is enough for me, lol. Nereid-Shizel had this one move at the end, when her HP reaches 0, that kills your entire party unless you use Reid's Infinity Reviver. But since I pretty much ignored using the Aurora Artes throughout the game, it took about 3 times to figure out what to do. :/ The last battle takes about 15-20 minutes too.

I'm playing the original Playstation version, so I'm not sure if there's any difference in the last fight from the PSP one.

smile!
December 29th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Were you playing on hardcore? :shocked: If so, congrats. One playthrough on standard difficulty is enough for me, lol. Nereid-Shizel had this one move at the end, when her HP reaches 0, that kills your entire party unless you use Reid's Infinity Reviver. But since I pretty much ignored using the Aurora Artes throughout the game, it took about 3 times to figure out what to do. :/ The last battle takes about 15-20 minutes too.

I'm playing the original Playstation version, so I'm not sure if there's any difference in the last fight from the PSP one.

Well... Yes, and no. :p I try to stay on Hardcore, but on harder bosses (Maxwell, Sekundes) I revert to Difficult or Normal :P Do you use a walkthrough while playing?

thedestinedblade
December 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Well... Yes, and no. :p I try to stay on Hardcore, but on harder bosses (Maxwell, Sekundes) I revert to Difficult or Normal :P Do you use a walkthrough while playing?

Well, occasionally. Just for the optional stuff. :D Like getting Maxwell (who was rather easy) and fighting Valkyrie. I didn't bother and try and fight Sekundes, lol.

smile!
December 31st, 2010, 07:00 AM
Well, occasionally. Just for the optional stuff. :D Like getting Maxwell (who was rather easy) and fighting Valkyrie. I didn't bother and try and fight Sekundes, lol.

Ah, I see. Because decent walkthroughs should mention how to counter Eternal Finality or Darkness of the Outer Limits. XP Have you visited Nereid's Labyrinth, then?
On another note, I finished Tales of Eternia (again XD) I guess you could say your post kinda motivated me to continue XP I forgot where I last saved, at turns out it was just before fighting Shizel, so I went in and battled her. :D

thedestinedblade
January 1st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Ah, I see. Because decent walkthroughs should mention how to counter Eternal Finality or Darkness of the Outer Limits. XP Have you visited Nereid's Labyrinth, then?
On another note, I finished Tales of Eternia (again XD) I guess you could say your post kinda motivated me to continue XP I forgot where I last saved, at turns out it was just before fighting Shizel, so I went in and battled her. :D

The instructions were there, but I just didn't see them, lol. Second time, I wasn't able to active Reid's ability either; Didn't get it right till the third time. Nah, that's only available after you finish the game, isn't it? I probably wasn't ready for it either. My party's level was around 63.

Do you bother using Chat or Max, btw?

smile!
January 2nd, 2011, 11:57 PM
The instructions were there, but I just didn't see them, lol. Second time, I wasn't able to active Reid's ability either; Didn't get it right till the third time. Nah, that's only available after you finish the game, isn't it? I probably wasn't ready for it either. My party's level was around 63.

Do you bother using Chat or Max, btw?

Yeah, actually, you have to have finished the game once, and played again up to the point where you can cross between the two worlds freely (in other words, when you can visit the Orbus Barrier), then only you can access Nereid's Labyrinth. But, if you have saved BEFORE fighting Nereid, and haven't overwritten the *New save file there, there's a glitch you can use to, er, cheat the game into thinking that you've finished a SECOND game up to that point. Ergo, you can load back to the point before you fight Nereid, and go to the Labyrinth. Here, let me just quote: :P

After you've created a NEW save file, it will say something like this: *Inferia
the * means it's a new game (from the start) but now you can understand Melnic
(Meredy's language) right from the start, as well as some other stuff.

When you're taken back to the title screen, choose to load the save file you
just created. As the Intro FMV is playing with Galenos walking in a forest,
press Start. You'll see Reid walk in in-game graphics. Press Start+Select+L+R
all simultaneously (altogether) and you'll be taken back to the Title Screen.
Now choose to load the save file just before the boss (NOT the newly created
one). When it's loaded, choose to save OVER it.. -so just save as if you were
saving after having done a section of the game. Note how your save file now has
a * in front of it as well. That means you've just cheated the game into
thinking you've reached this far in a second playthrough, and you now have
access to an Optional Dungeon: Nereid's Labyrinth and some other stuff too.

Neat, huh? :P And now you can spam Maxwell Extensions too! :D

But yeah, I'd advise to go over L70 (at least) for the Labyrinth. Also, note not to exceed L100, as (the walkthrough said) the bosses there will slaughter you. I don't know the truth value of this, though.

Chat or Max... Well, no. :P Mainly, no. I used Chat once in the Nereid's Labyrinth (in there you can only use one character per floor. There are 6 floors, and you won't be able to use the same character twice, so you'll have to use at least Max or Chat once. There was a boss in there - the Earth Elementler - that I used Chat against. Eternal Hammer kind of killed the Elementler, provided you get to use it first before he casts a spell)

Max, I only used him between times (to test the Canceler item: NEAT. :D) and that one time in Sekundes's battle (that battle was goddamn hard because he doesn't fall down. Elemental Master ROCKS in this battle, then again, provided Max is given enough time to execute it.)

And I kinda love my second playthrough, because this time around I got better stats, with max HP and MP and team near L100. :P I wonder what is the max level, though? Do you know? Seems it's not L100 because Farah is well, already L101. lol.

thedestinedblade
January 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM
So you've done just about everything there is to do? I might try that dungeon eventually, but I think I've played enough of Eternia for now. I've actually had Eternia for about 6 years, but gave up halfway the first time I went through the game. Decided to play it out the blue and finished it in about week. :D While not my favorite Tales game, it definitely deserved more attention.

smile!
January 5th, 2011, 02:16 AM
So you've done just about everything there is to do? I might try that dungeon eventually, but I think I've played enough of Eternia for now. I've actually had Eternia for about 6 years, but gave up halfway the first time I went through the game. Decided to play it out the blue and finished it in about week. :D While not my favorite Tales game, it definitely deserved more attention.

Mhm, it seems so, I think. :P Level grinding, savory grinding, yeah. Haha. Speaking of halfway games, I still have to finish Destiny. It was on PSX though, the old version one, no blast calibur and whatnot so I kinda got demotivated to continue it. Well, actually, more because of the Tower of Druaga. I _want_ to finish it, but felt lazy halfway. XD

I wish I have other Tales games though. I only have Phantasia, Eternia and Destiny. I liked the view of Abyss and Vesperia (especially the Mystic Artes :P)

thedestinedblade
January 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Mhm, it seems so, I think. :P Level grinding, savory grinding, yeah. Haha. Speaking of halfway games, I still have to finish Destiny. It was on PSX though, the old version one, no blast calibur and whatnot so I kinda got demotivated to continue it. Well, actually, more because of the Tower of Druaga. I _want_ to finish it, but felt lazy halfway. XD

I wish I have other Tales games though. I only have Phantasia, Eternia and Destiny. I liked the view of Abyss and Vesperia (especially the Mystic Artes :P)

So you've only played the first three games in the series? Destiny is the only one of those three that I haven't finished; stopped playing at the last dungeon. :D I have the original PSX version as well. Any reason you haven't played any of the recent Tales games? Even the PS2 and GC ones?

Also, did you understand Eternia's storyline? I was completely lost at the end, lol.

smile!
January 7th, 2011, 02:37 AM
So you've only played the first three games in the series? Destiny is the only one of those three that I haven't finished; stopped playing at the last dungeon. :D I have the original PSX version as well. Any reason you haven't played any of the recent Tales games? Even the PS2 and GC ones?

Also, did you understand Eternia's storyline? I was completely lost at the end, lol.

Yeah, kind of. XD; Well, mainly because I don't have the consoles :x

Yep, I do (or so I think. XD) From what I understand, Shizel was being controlled by Nereid, but it came from her own despise for the Celestians (I think they killed Balir, her husband because of some... betrayal, I forgot.) Aaand finally, even though the team defeated Nereid, it was too late to stop the Grand Fall anymore because the two planets have been pulled past over their critical point or whatever so their gravities are pulling them closer and closer, but Reid fringed his Aurora Arte with Shizel (I think the real Nereid died, or just realized that he/she/it cannot stop the team, whatever) to break the Seyfert Ring and push the two planets away from each other.

XD If that made sense.

thedestinedblade
January 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah, kind of. XD; Well, mainly because I don't have the consoles :x

Yep, I do (or so I think. XD) From what I understand, Shizel was being controlled by Nereid, but it came from her own despise for the Celestians (I think they killed Balir, her husband because of some... betrayal, I forgot.) Aaand finally, even though the team defeated Nereid, it was too late to stop the Grand Fall anymore because the two planets have been pulled past over their critical point or whatever so their gravities are pulling them closer and closer, but Reid fringed his Aurora Arte with Shizel (I think the real Nereid died, or just realized that he/she/it cannot stop the team, whatever) to break the Seyfert Ring and push the two planets away from each other.

XD If that made sense.

Well, I kinda got that part...lol. It was the whole Vatenkeist thing that got me confused. I hate short endings, btw. Wished they showed a bit more then Reid and Farah heading for Celestia :)

smile!
January 14th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Well, I kinda got that part...lol. It was the whole Vatenkeist thing that got me confused. I hate short endings, btw. Wished they showed a bit more then Reid and Farah heading for Celestia :)

Oh. idk. XD I believe in the beginning there was only Vatenkeist, where no solid matter existed; it was Nereid's world. But then Seyfert came tagging along and created the material world. So Nereid got mad and tried to initiate the Grand Fall. That's the way Tales series usually goes; a plot twist near the end (see how all along they've thought that Seyfert is the god of creation and Nereid is the god of destruction, hahaha) or the big bad is not the real big bad.

And yeah. I think if they showed Meredy and Keele as well it'd be better, with the Shileska group somewhere. Maybe Max was still in his pursuit to conquer the world, lol. I wonder if he met his wife again.

thedestinedblade
January 15th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Oh. idk. XD I believe in the beginning there was only Vatenkeist, where no solid matter existed; it was Nereid's world. But then Seyfert came tagging along and created the material world. So Nereid got mad and tried to initiate the Grand Fall. That's the way Tales series usually goes; a plot twist near the end (see how all along they've thought that Seyfert is the god of creation and Nereid is the god of destruction, hahaha) or the big bad is not the real big bad.

And yeah. I think if they showed Meredy and Keele as well it'd be better, with the Shileska group somewhere. Maybe Max was still in his pursuit to conquer the world, lol. I wonder if he met his wife again.

Really? I'm trying to remember if Phantasia and Destiny had a plot twist near the end as well. Either way, I didn't really have a problem with the plot (I enjoyed it despite confusing me at times), it was the setting that felt a bit "plain" to me. I also wish that main cast would have been a bit bigger; Eternia easily has the smallest amount of usable characters with Max and Chat having only a limited amount of moves. I'd probably rank Eternia somewhere in the middle in terms of favorites. For you, having only played 3, I'm guessing this one is at the top?

Also, I wasn't a fan of Farah. :laugh: I would have preferred a Reid/Meredy pairing all the way.

smile!
January 16th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Really? I'm trying to remember if Phantasia and Destiny had a plot twist near the end as well. Either way, I didn't really have a problem with the plot (I enjoyed it despite confusing me at times), it was the setting that felt a bit "plain" to me. I also wish that main cast would have been a bit bigger; Eternia easily has the smallest amount of usable characters with Max and Chat having only a limited amount of moves. I'd probably rank Eternia somewhere in the middle in terms of favorites. For you, having only played 3, I'm guessing this one is at the top?

Also, I wasn't a fan of Farah. :laugh: I would have preferred a Reid/Meredy pairing all the way.

Destiny, maybe a bit minor, IIRC. Something about Berselius controlling... someone. I forgot the storyline already :x

Phantasia, yeah. Didn't they think that Dhaos wants to destroy the world? It turned out that he was fighting those who were sapping Yggdrasil's strength; he was fighting to protect the tree. And his own world, Derris Kharlan.

Aand yeah, Eternia is the top ^-^ Since the new system of leveling up (how it's different from Phantasia and Eternia) with you having to level up the Slash and Thrust as well. And the Mystic Arte 8D Though I have a feeling if I do have the other games, Vesperia or Abyss might come out top, just because I love the Mystic Arte animations in there. XD Especially Indignation. :P

I never cared about pairing XD Though I do love Farah's abilities, how her attacks can link to one another. Especially Flame Dance. Hard to initiate, but really cool if you get to execute it 8D

thedestinedblade
January 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Destiny, maybe a bit minor, IIRC. Something about Berselius controlling... someone. I forgot the storyline already :x

Phantasia, yeah. Didn't they think that Dhaos wants to destroy the world? It turned out that he was fighting those who were sapping Yggdrasil's strength; he was fighting to protect the tree. And his own world, Derris Kharlan.

Aand yeah, Eternia is the top ^-^ Since the new system of leveling up (how it's different from Phantasia and Eternia) with you having to level up the Slash and Thrust as well. And the Mystic Arte 8D Though I have a feeling if I do have the other games, Vesperia or Abyss might come out top, just because I love the Mystic Arte animations in there. XD Especially Indignation. :P

I never cared about pairing XD Though I do love Farah's abilities, how her attacks can link to one another. Especially Flame Dance. Hard to initiate, but really cool if you get to execute it 8D

Tales of Symphonia is supposedly a distant prequel to Phantasia. Having played Symphonia first, and then going back and playing Phantasia, terms like Derris Kharlan, half-elfs, Yggdrasil, are all mentioned in ToS. It was pretty cool actually. ;D You should give it a try if you ever have the chance.

Lol, I hated having to spam just Slash or Thrust moves for entire battles just to level it up. Maybe it's just me, but I stick to solely using the main character for the whole game. Just about in every Tales games, I rarely use anyone else. Even the single game where the main character doesn't use swords either.

smile!
January 17th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Tales of Symphonia is supposedly a distant prequel to Phantasia. Having played Symphonia first, and then going back and playing Phantasia, terms like Derris Kharlan, half-elfs, Yggdrasil, are all mentioned in ToS. It was pretty cool actually. ;D You should give it a try if you ever have the chance.

Lol, I hated having to spam just Slash or Thrust moves for entire battles just to level it up. Maybe it's just me, but I stick to solely using the main character for the whole game. Just about in every Tales games, I rarely use anyone else. Even the single game where the main character doesn't use swords either.

Mhm, I kinda wanted to play Symphonia as well. XD
And yep, having to use Thrust for quite some time can be tiring. But I just love that better than learning moves when you level up. :P And Farah, it's not like I used her much anyway, but for times when I have to use her (once in the Nereid's Labyrinth, another when using her 300 times to obtain Deadly Force) I really love her techniques. If I managed to pull of Chi, most likely I'll extend it to Maximum Burst, and sometimes I love linking her Ground-to-Air attack (like Swallow Dance) then Air-to-Ground (like Triple Blossom) and finish it with Chi or Fatal Fury. XD

thedestinedblade
January 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mhm, I kinda wanted to play Symphonia as well. XD
And yep, having to use Thrust for quite some time can be tiring. But I just love that better than learning moves when you level up. :P And Farah, it's not like I used her much anyway, but for times when I have to use her (once in the Nereid's Labyrinth, another when using her 300 times to obtain Deadly Force) I really love her techniques. If I managed to pull of Chi, most likely I'll extend it to Maximum Burst, and sometimes I love linking her Ground-to-Air attack (like Swallow Dance) then Air-to-Ground (like Triple Blossom) and finish it with Chi or Fatal Fury. XD

Well, I'm fine with just having to use whatever skill a certain amount of times before learning a new one, lol. None of the subsequent games ever used the Slash and Thrust system again.

Linking skills? Was the possible with Reid as well? :laugh: I pretty much got by with spamming Omega Demon Chaos.

smile!
January 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Well, I'm fine with just having to use whatever skill a certain amount of times before learning a new one, lol. None of the subsequent games ever used the Slash and Thrust system again.

Linking skills? Was the possible with Reid as well? :laugh: I pretty much got by with spamming Omega Demon Chaos.

Ah, so Eternia is the only game that used Slash and Thrust?

Reid, yeah. It mainly goes like this:
Normal string combo > Special Skill > Sacred Skill > Divine Skill (if any)
Like you can go X, Down+X, Down+X, > Spiral Attack > Rising Phoenix > Burning Phoenix. Some Special Skills can't be linked to a Sacred Skills (like Double Spiral Attack) but most can, I think. And the Divine Skills that can be linked are only Burning Phoenix and Dragon Demon Chaos. Omega Seal cannot be linked to any other skills; it can only be executed on its own.

I wish Eternia has more Divine Skills though. (I use the term Extension, btw.) And Dragon Demon Chaos is damn hard to pull off. Anytime I use Omega Demon Chaos, I simply mash the button and see if it can extend. :P The animation is kinda cool.

thedestinedblade
January 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Ah, so Eternia is the only game that used Slash and Thrust?

Reid, yeah. It mainly goes like this:
Normal string combo > Special Skill > Sacred Skill > Divine Skill (if any)
Like you can go X, Down+X, Down+X, > Spiral Attack > Rising Phoenix > Burning Phoenix. Some Special Skills can't be linked to a Sacred Skills (like Double Spiral Attack) but most can, I think. And the Divine Skills that can be linked are only Burning Phoenix and Dragon Demon Chaos. Omega Seal cannot be linked to any other skills; it can only be executed on its own.

I wish Eternia has more Divine Skills though. (I use the term Extension, btw.) And Dragon Demon Chaos is damn hard to pull off. Anytime I use Omega Demon Chaos, I simply mash the button and see if it can extend. :P The animation is kinda cool.

Seems pretty complicated to perform. :/ I've never been good with all the technical stuff in any of Tales games, lol. Omega Seal is the last move Reid can learn, isn't it? Does it have any use? I remember it just lifting the enemy in the air.

Also, did you ever bother and try finding all the lens? I'm guessing you'd get some pretty sweet rewards for doing so.

smile!
January 19th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Seems pretty complicated to perform. :/ I've never been good with all the technical stuff in any of Tales games, lol. Omega Seal is the last move Reid can learn, isn't it? Does it have any use? I remember it just lifting the enemy in the air.

Also, did you ever bother and try finding all the lens? I'm guessing you'd get some pretty sweet rewards for doing so.

Yeah. XD I rarely try to link them anyway. Mostly I'd just go Rising > Burning Phoenix.

Omega Seal,last move, yes. When both Slahs and Thrust are at L30. On its own, Omega Seal is useless (except perhaps for the stun part. XD). But while the enemy is 'floating' in the air, just before Reid slashes downwards, press the Omega Seal button again. (To avoid missing it, just repeatedly press it, like how you'd try to extend Burning Phoenix XD). It'll extend to Quasi Seal, a one-hit KO move (deals around 20,000 HP) But you have to first satisfy these conditions:

1. Omega Seal has been used at least 50 times.
2. There is only one enemy on the battlefield. (i.e the last enemy)
3. The enemy can be lifted into the air (i.e this technique does not work on heavy/floating enemies)
4. The enemy has less than 20,000 HP.
5. The enemy has a Wind resistance of less than 50% (ergo, could almost never be used on bosses, except Valkyrie.)

Watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EPRgZ70ai8). The third technique used is Omega > Quasi Seal. There used to be one video complete with all skills, summons and Maxwell Extension, but I can't find it now. The one I linked to was okay, but it doesn't have all the summons and team skills extension, and the audio is somewhat... cheesy. :x On the up side, the background music is Garnet Crow's Flying so there's a plus there :P

Lens, yeah. Because I kinda followed the walkthrough step by step. XD Otherwise, it'll be REALLY hard to find those lenses. x.x
The rewards are Combo Command, Inferi Cape, Celesti Cape, Extreme, Krona Symbol and... a title. lol. I always fail to execute commands properly using Combo Command, so I don't really use it that much.

The capes are nice depending on what enemies you're fighting. (E.g Equipping Reid with a Square Shield, a Flare Cape and an Inferi Cape makes him almost invincible to the fire attacks from the tournaments, each dealing like 1HP of damage; can also be used on Meredy in case you want to have Maelstrom on her. But Waterclouds are better anyway.)

Extreme can only be equipped on some characters; what it does is that it raises a tremendous amount for attack (+300) but lowers Defense and Evade (-200 and -20 respectively). I never used it. :P

Krona Symbol protects you from all ailments... which isn't really needed because you can simply used the Panacea Bottles or Support Artes to protect the whole team. (Unless, of course, if you get this thing at the BEGINNING of the game, then it'd help a lot. XD) But it is extremely useful if you want to go level-grinding. Equip the character that you want to level up with Krona Symbol and Demon's Seal. Demon's Seal doubles the experience a character gets, but inflicts status ailments on that character. Since Krona Symbol neutralizes that, you can continue bashing enemies without having to worry about being Poisoned or whatever.

And the title is for... bragging rights. lol. And completion purpose.

From all those 3 extensions, which one you like best? XD
And, have you tried out Maxwell's Extension?

...Wall of text. XD

thedestinedblade
January 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Well, all of them looked pretty sweet aside from Eternal Hammer, lol. Max's giant beam cannon was probably my favorite move in the entire video. :) From Reid's move Dragon Demon Chaos easily looked the best. Quasi Seal looks nice too, but the requirements you listed seem a bit much. Nah, I haven't tried the Maxwell Extension; I honestly doubt I'd be able to do it either.

Titles are just for show in Eternia. :/ In some of the other games they raise stats, and affect growth, which is why I didn't bother with them in this game. So, basically nothing good comes from collecting lens, lol? I know I got the Combo Command, but I didn't know what it's purpose was so I never used it.

smile!
January 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
Well, all of them looked pretty sweet aside from Eternal Hammer, lol. Max's giant beam cannon was probably my favorite move in the entire video. :) From Reid's move Dragon Demon Chaos easily looked the best. Quasi Seal looks nice too, but the requirements you listed seem a bit much. Nah, I haven't tried the Maxwell Extension; I honestly doubt I'd be able to do it either.

Titles are just for show in Eternia. :/ In some of the other games they raise stats, and affect growth, which is why I didn't bother with them in this game. So, basically nothing good comes from collecting lens, lol? I know I got the Combo Command, but I didn't know what it's purpose was so I never used it.

Quasi Seal does require a bit, I admit. But whenever there's one enemy left basically I'd just tap the button repeatedly and see if it would connect.

What I love about Max is that if you control him manually, and equip the Canceler, you can link his skills up to three. The first one would require charging, but the next two will link automatically. Usually the last finishing move would be that Elemental Master.

You should try Maxwell Extension. (If the glitch works, that is.) It isn't really hard either. And plus, if you can finish it till Blue Earth, you'll get an additional 100,000 EXP at the end of the battle. You can easily get all Greater Craymels to L30 by spamming Maxwell. :P

Well, the lenses, at least the Krona Symbol is a _bit_ useful. Combo Command basically lifts the 4-move limit you have. (You know how you can only set 4 skills at one given time.) Combo Command is like commands in a fighting game; pressing the directional button plus a certain button (attack/defend, etc) will execute the move. In other words, you have all the moves at your disposal without having to go to the Skills menu each time you want to change the skill set up.

thedestinedblade
January 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Quasi Seal does require a bit, I admit. But whenever there's one enemy left basically I'd just tap the button repeatedly and see if it would connect.

What I love about Max is that if you control him manually, and equip the Canceler, you can link his skills up to three. The first one would require charging, but the next two will link automatically. Usually the last finishing move would be that Elemental Master.

You should try Maxwell Extension. (If the glitch works, that is.) It isn't really hard either. And plus, if you can finish it till Blue Earth, you'll get an additional 100,000 EXP at the end of the battle. You can easily get all Greater Craymels to L30 by spamming Maxwell. :P

Well, the lenses, at least the Krona Symbol is a _bit_ useful. Combo Command basically lifts the 4-move limit you have. (You know how you can only set 4 skills at one given time.) Combo Command is like commands in a fighting game; pressing the directional button plus a certain button (attack/defend, etc) will execute the move. In other words, you have all the moves at your disposal without having to go to the Skills menu each time you want to change the skill set up.

Lol, I think we exhausted every avenue of this game. We pretty much have an entire page of just you and I talking about it. Maybe one day they'll decide to make a sequel to Eternia...:laugh: Doubt it though.

smile!
January 22nd, 2011, 02:18 AM
Lol, I think we exhausted every avenue of this game. We pretty much have an entire page of just you and I talking about it. Maybe one day they'll decide to make a sequel to Eternia...:laugh: Doubt it though.

lol, yeah. XD At least it kept the club alive Of there's an Eternia sequel, I wanna see more Mystic Arte D:

Aether
January 22nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
May I request joinage? :3

Miss Doronjo
January 22nd, 2011, 07:47 AM
May I request joinage? :3

Of course!

I love your signature, by the way. :3

thedestinedblade
January 22nd, 2011, 04:25 PM
lol, yeah. XD At least it kept the club alive Of there's an Eternia sequel, I wanna see more Mystic Arte D:

You seem to have quite an obsession with Mystic Artes, lol. :laugh: You really should play some of the newer games. ToD got a sequel when I thought the ending didn't leave much for one, so you never know.

Aether
January 23rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Of course!

I love your signature, by the way. :3

Thank you, it's just a cute snippet from the the Symphonia OVA.

You seem to have quite an obsession with Mystic Artes, lol. You really should play some of the newer games. ToD got a sequel when I thought the ending didn't leave much for one, so you never know.

If any game has ridiculous mystic arte usage it would have to be Abyss. You can spam them almost every other encounter. I used Luke's mystic arte against the first boss like five times on a Very Hard playthrough. It was pretty funny.

Sora
January 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Uwaaah. Genis x Presea. <3 That's only my HeteroOTP in Tales of Symphonia. Oh Genis, you're so silly.

I completely agree with you on the Mystic Artes in Abyss though. You wouldn't believe just how many times I spammed Guy's Mystic Arte, because I usually played as him (after playing as Lloyd, Luke was too slow for me. Presea is probably the only slow character I can play well.)

smile!
January 28th, 2011, 06:50 AM
You seem to have quite an obsession with Mystic Artes, lol. :laugh: You really should play some of the newer games. ToD got a sequel when I thought the ending didn't leave much for one, so you never know.

Yeah =[ I would like to. XD

And I AM obsessed with Mystic Arte. XD I used go and search for videos of them. ^.^

Speaking about Abyss, I love its Indignation animation. It's COOL 8D

And someone mentioned Presea, which jogged my memory about something someone said Presea said... It goes like

If you open the iron maiden before it grants its wish, you will be cursed. First you will experience a churning stomach illness, and diarrhea for 77 straight hours. Then, for the following 777 days, the king of demons will appear and stick his finger up your nose. Every. Single. Day. ~Presea Combatir

I lol'd a lot at this.

Sora
January 28th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Ah yes. That was one of my favorite moments of ToS2 (in fact... all of my favorite moments include the original cast). I think she started to learn from someone. Who it is I can only make a guess (unless they've said something and I've completely forgotten it).

So, I was actually trying to pull off the Eternal Sword glitch yesterday in ToS while [s]trying[/i] to face Abyssion. Apparently my timing sucks, because I keep on starting Falcon's Crest too early. :V

thedestinedblade
January 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/25/namco-bandai-teaser-site-suggests-tales-of-graces-f-localization/

What do guys think of that? You never know with Namco-Bandai though, so I won't believe it till I have the game in my hands. :laugh:

Aether
January 29th, 2011, 12:48 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/25/namco-bandai-teaser-site-suggests-tales-of-graces-f-localization/

What do guys think of that? You never know with Namco-Bandai though, so I won't believe it till I have the game in my hands. :laugh:

There is a 99.5% chance that this is legit. But we'll find out on the 2nd for sure. I'm probably going to end up investing in a PS3 for this.

smile!
January 29th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Ah yes. That was one of my favorite moments of ToS2 (in fact... all of my favorite moments include the original cast). I think she started to learn from someone. Who it is I can only make a guess (unless they've said something and I've completely forgotten it).

So, I was actually trying to pull off the Eternal Sword glitch yesterday in ToS while [s]trying[/i] to face Abyssion. Apparently my timing sucks, because I keep on starting Falcon's Crest too early. :V

What's the Eternal Sword Glitch? :P

Tales of Graces. Never played that game before. Yeah... Is it good? XP

thedestinedblade
January 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Well, I doubt any of us have played Graces since it hasn't been released outside Japan. This is exciting news though. You may not know since you haven't played beyond ToE, but Namco-Bandai has been really stingy on what they decide to localize.

Sora
January 30th, 2011, 05:11 PM
What's the Eternal Sword Glitch? :P

Tales of Graces. Never played that game before. Yeah... Is it good? XP

The Eternal Sword Glitch is a glitch in Tales of Symphonia in which Lloyd uses the Eternal Sword rather than the Material Blades. To put it simply, Lloyd must have his Eternal Swordman title and the Material Blades. Right when he gets KO'd by an enemy, you activate his Hi-Ougi/Special Tech Falcon's Crest. The timing has to be perfect though (where I keep messing up). If you do it correctly, when he gets revived by either Sheena's Purgatory Seal or Raine's Resurrection, he'll be fighting with the Eternal Sword instead.

Cherrim
February 2nd, 2011, 09:45 AM
Hello, joining. :D I've played Symphonia (and its sequel), some of Legendia (didn't like it), Abyss, Vesperia, Eternia, and some of Innocence (I got stuck T_T). And possibly others that I've forgotten, haha.

I come bearing the news that ToV PS3 might be released in English. :D It was teased in the same manner that Tales of Graces (f) was the other day so... fingers crossed for the announcement today. \o/

Miss Doronjo
February 2nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Added!

Yeah, I heard Tales of Graces F might be localized as well! [The costumes are nice and nostalgic. :3]

thedestinedblade
February 2nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Obviously, the ToG announcement takes precedent for myself, but getting the PS3 port of ToV would be a nice added bonus. :) Wasn't a big fan of Vesperia, so maybe some added content and a new character could change my mind.

This gets my hopes up for them eventually localizing the new PS3 Tales title in development as well.

Cherrim
February 2nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
I'm not actually excited... at all for Graces. :( I dislike the character designs and hearing about all the issues with the Wii version really turned me off the game. I'd probably still get it anyway though, just to support the Tales series here so they'll localize more games. @_@

I do want Vesperia PS3 though. :[ I really liked most of the game and wouldn't mind seeing the extra stuff.

ソラ
February 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Imma join if I may.

http://ataleoftworichards.com/ < -- so getting this one. I was gonna import it.
I never played a Tales of Game. But I am really planning to :D

Miss Doronjo
February 2nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
I added ya in! <3

I'm going to plan on playing tales of graces as well, but, I'm more excited for Tales of Vesperia for PS3 myself~ Because I ALWAYS want to try Patty. D=

Patty's MA is really interesting. :3 [cause its pretty luck based. =o]

ソラ
February 2nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
I seen friends that imported ToV for the Ps3. and ToG, and ToGF. it got me hooked in. and I dont have a import Wii and im not hacking it to play it so I am waiting to get a PS3 and I did and I was going to import it till my friend said "they might bring it over to america" and I was like "Imma wait then.". But then It got announce for america and i was like :O OMG. So :3 I am happy. I was gonna import Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X But I couldnt D:

Speed
February 2nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
A club! May I join? :D

I've played Symphonia 1 & 2 (2 wasn't good imo) And some of Phantasia. I was going to import Graces F and Vesperia PS3, until that teaser website came out. I still might be importing Vesperia PS3 if it isn't coming to the States.

Sora
February 2nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
I don't have a PS3, so I can't be too happy about hearing the localization of either of the two games. However, the fact that Vesperia will be brought out for PS3 makes me kind of want to get one, so I can play the game all the way with Patty so I can stick her in the Mithos costume forever and ever when I get it.

Speed
February 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Vesperia hasn't been confirmed yet, but they did have a blurred image of the logo on the website, which must mean we're getting it eventually, even though Rich Bantegui said otherwise.

Sora
February 2nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Ah right. That's what I meant. Doesn't change anything else I said about me playing PS3 Vesperia really so I can stick Patty in her Mithos costume forever and ever. xD;

( on a side note, you live in the same state as me. like... fifty other PC people. |D )

Miss Doronjo
February 2nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
I added ya Speed. ^^

Ha! I don't have a PS3 too. :3
[adds it to shopping list]

Actually, I do recall that they have more costumes at PS3 Vesperia; Rita with a cowboy hat is cute.

ソラ
February 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Vesperia hasn't been confirmed yet, but they did have a blurred image of the logo on the website, which must mean we're getting it eventually, even though Rich Bantegui said otherwise.
what blurry image?

http://ataleoftworichards.com/ ?? this site?
Cause it doesnt look blurry :O

Speed
February 2nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Oh, I saw localization in your post so I assumed you thought they were localizing it, you can always import. I probably will if they don't get around to localizing it.

Also, whenever you guys can, pick up a PS3. It's a pretty fun console, and the 2011 line-up is pretty good too.

@コナンくん This image
http://scrawlfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Vesperia-Peach-Comparison-580x545.jpg

ソラ
February 2nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Oh, I saw localization in your post so I assumed you thought they were localizing it, you can always import. I probably will if they don't get around to localizing it.

Also, whenever you guys can, pick up a PS3. It's a pretty fun console, and the 2011 line-up is pretty good too.

@コナンくん This image
http://scrawlfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Vesperia-Peach-Comparison-580x545.jpg
Nah Imma wait till ToGf releases here. :3
I own a Ps3 I recently got it. they seem to localizing ToGf in NA.

Edit: OHH thattttt They do look alike :O

Speed
February 2nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
Nah Imma wait till ToGf releases here. :3
I own a Ps3 I recently got it. they seem to localizing ToGf in NA.

Edit: OHH thattttt They do look alike :O

Yeah, that's why everyone assumed we were also getting Vesperia.

Now all Bamco has to do is announce a release date and I'll be happy.~

ソラ
February 2nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
If ToV comes. Imma get Both of them ToGF and ToV :3

Speed
February 2nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
So will I, I hope they actually sell well in NA this time around. If they do, we might also get Xillia.

ソラ
February 2nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
So will I, I hope they actually sell well in NA this time around. If they do, we might also get Xillia.
Hmm I found something interesting

http://twitter.com/Filthierich/status/32922936495050752

He said it was just wrapped to keep fans guess so. there is like no ToV?

Sora
February 2nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
He could be trolling us, yes. But he could be saying that to get our hopes down, to bring it back up again.

I'm kind of actually leaning toward the former, because if you look at the current messed up logo, there is a green part sticking up that isn't part of the Vesperia logo, but could be a 'recolored' screwed up 'f' like on the Graces logo.

Speed
February 2nd, 2011, 05:57 PM
It's inverted, but apparently that is the f from the Graces logo. It was mixed with the Vesperia logo. In the image I posted, you can make out a V from it.

thedestinedblade
February 2nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Wait, what's been announced then? We're at least getting ToG, no?

ソラ
February 2nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
Wait, what's been announced then? We're at least getting ToG, no?
Tales of Grace F been announced. :3

thedestinedblade
February 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM
Yes! :) Now I can see what the big deal is about. A lot people claim Graces to be the best Tales games they've played.

I was beginning to lose faith after not localizing Hearts, Innocence, and then no word of Graces for quite awhile.

Sora
February 3rd, 2011, 07:06 AM
A lot of people also claimed that Vesperia was the best Tales of Game as well. We'll just have to see when it (Graces) comes out, I guess. I'm more looking forward to February 25th, personally.

thedestinedblade
February 3rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Well, that's usually how it goes. What's happening the 25th?

Sora
February 3rd, 2011, 07:36 AM
Well, the fourth episode of Tales of Symphonia: The Animation (Tethe'alla Hen) will be coming out. The OVA in general obviously isn't as great as the game (or the manga), but it does have it's moments Kratos killing Kvar.

I mainly can't wait to see this episode, because I'm hoping that they're finally going to animate Mithos in it. <3 If I have to wait until the United Worlds Episode, I'm going to cry. :(

thedestinedblade
February 3rd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Ah, completely forgot ToS had an animated OVA. How close does the story follow the games? Any major changes? Eternia had a 13 episode anime series, and deviated quite a bit from the game's plot.

Aether
February 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Yup. Gonna have to invest in a PS3 now. :x

I don't think Vesperia has been completely deconfirmed yet, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sora
February 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
It's... uh... kind of derivatives from the story a bit, but still keeps to the actual plot. I mean, it's not an almost completely different story like with Eternia's (which even made an anime-only character, iirc), but it cuts out a loooot of things, and changes a few things pretty drastically as well (like Genis not getting his exphere, shfkds. Drives my sister and I insane).

My favorite episode would have to be the third Tethe'alla one, because they pulled off the battle with Volt so well. ;_;

Cherrim
February 3rd, 2011, 02:36 PM
Aaah, the 4th Tethe'alla episode comes out soon? I can't wait. n__n I stopped paying attention to (and memorizing) the actual dates because it's depressing. But yay!

I like some parts of the OVA's plot better than the in-game one. Like, the way the OVA handled Regal's story was SO MUCH BETTER than in the game. It actually made me care more, haha. /totally cried

Sora
February 3rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
do something about those double posts there, Erica. XD

I memorized it because I really want to see Mithos animated. So much.

OMG, yes! I completely agree with you there! The fact that the brought out Regal's story like that was really nice. In the game they touched upon it like what they did with most everyone's backstories (Zelos' only during the Flanoir event), but it was really awesome that they made it more in depth. I don't know if they're going to have time to do that for any others (they kind of did it for Sheena as well, but not as deeply). I would love to see more Four Seraphim back story, or more Genis & Raine back story.

While they made it a bit differently than in the game, I think they pulled the Tethe'alla Arc off much better than the Sylvarant Arc. My favorite part of the Sylvarant arc was honestly when Kratos killed Kvar. The fact that he said the exact quote he does in the game made me smile.

Cherrim
February 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
I think the problem I have with Symphonia is that, while it had a lot of good characters, it had too many characters. :( There were 9 party members and it tried to focus on all of them at once but it meant that everyone was overshadowed by everyone else. So you had to do so many playthroughs of the game just to find out everyone's real backstory whereas in other Tales games, you don't have to put in so much work to understand everything (or if you do, it's through sidequests and you can get the _whole_ story by just doing one complete run).

:( Like, with Zelos, you have to specifically choose him at Flanoir just to get his vital background story. When I think back on the game (which I probably played ~3 times--a lot more than most people sadly), it takes me a while to remember what the main events for each character were and that's because it's so hard to get them all. :< And that's not even counting people who weren't in the party like Mithos, Yuan, etc. I'm glad that the animated series is giving some of the ignored characters a bigger chance to shine. n_n;

/still annoyed that they made Kratos' judgment outfit less awesome looking ;_;

Sora
February 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
That's true. I've noticed a few things like that. For example, Genis and Raine didn't really shine until they hit Tethe'alla, when they learned they were half-elves. Sheena didn't really shine until Volt, and so on and so forth.

For the most part, that's the case with both Kratos and Zelos. In fact, the game pretty much forces you to play at least two playthroughs in order to get the whole back story on everything, and for you to see both 'endings', even if there isn't too much of a difference, just no Zelos in one of 'em. I've played the game . . . countless times (5+ probably, orz), and sometimes I still get confused on where to go next, because of all the stories. That would have to be one good thing about the animation even if Genis is still being comic relief bait right now. hopefully that'll change when they meet Mithos. Same goes for Raine.

Nevertheless, Tales of Symphonia is still my favorite game. xD;

I know, right? ;_; They say Zelos' hair is hard to do, but let's face it, they had so much trouble with Kratos' they had to make it less awesome. :(

Speed
February 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I wanna give Symphonia another try since I never finished it, but I can't find my First disc, only the second. D:

Raiskit
February 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
You really should~ It has such a wonderful storyline. :o Ouch, I hope you can find it.

Speed
February 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I'll probably look for it one of these days that I'm not busy, probably Sunday. I need a tales game to hold me off until Graces. XP

thedestinedblade
February 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM
They didn't mention anything about the release date, did they?

And you said you've only played Phantasia, Symphonia and Symphonia 2, no? So there's quite a bit of titles to try out and keep you occupied in the meantime. :)

Speed
February 4th, 2011, 09:05 PM
No, not yet. all we have is that NA is getting it, but no release date or what console it might be on.

I wanted to try and pick up Abyss eventually, but I'm busy with Persona 4, and I haven't even played that in a few weeks since I've been so busy.

thedestinedblade
February 4th, 2011, 09:20 PM
It'll definitely be for PS3. I'm hoping the release date isn't at the end of this year. :/

lol, Persona 4 can definitely take up a lot your time if you get really into it. Abyss would be a nice place to start though. Most people enjoyed it; I did for the most part. Despite a few problems here and there it was rather fun.

Speed
February 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I hope it is, I love the graphics, and they just wouldn't look as good on the Wii.

Well, I maxed out about 110 hours in FES, and I'm already at the 2nd dungeon with 20 hours. I either take my time, or JRPGs are really long. xD

Abyss is 50+ dollars on Amazon though. D: I'll try looking for it on ebay later.

Sora
February 5th, 2011, 12:16 AM
If it was Abyss that I keep seeing at a Gamestop where I live and not Symphonia, I would honestly ask you where in Florida you live though I highly doubt you live in the same area as me. XD;

Yeah. Abyss is a nice Tales of Game. Though I do think you should try to replay Symphonia and beat it. But, this is because I prefer Symphonia to Abyss, even after thinking I liked Abyss more. Frankly, I was quite wrong.

thedestinedblade
February 5th, 2011, 07:15 AM
For some reason, sealed copies of Abyss go as high as $80. :shocked: I'm not sure it's considered a rare game, but it's probably better to look for copies in various shops in whatever city you live. The online prices fluctuate quite a bit.

Aether
February 5th, 2011, 10:46 AM
According to Bamco's website, Graces has a designation of TBA for what platform it's going to be on. Ya think it might come out on Wii too?

thedestinedblade
February 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Tales of Graces F is the one getting localized, and that was solely for PS3. I don't think they'll localize the original version for the Wii that was supposedly riddled with quite a few bugs.

Cherrim
February 5th, 2011, 11:09 AM
There IS rumour that they're redoing the Wii version as well in Japan, so there's a chance it could be for that or they could release both versions (doubtful). @_@ But the fact that they haven't bothered saying what platform the game is for is a bit confusing.

Speed
February 6th, 2011, 05:38 PM
If it was Abyss that I keep seeing at a Gamestop where I live and not Symphonia, I would honestly ask you where in Florida you live though I highly doubt you live in the same area as me. XD;

Yeah. Abyss is a nice Tales of Game. Though I do think you should try to replay Symphonia and beat it. But, this is because I prefer Symphonia to Abyss, even after thinking I liked Abyss more. Frankly, I was quite wrong.

I've never seen Abyss at a gamestop though, only Symphonia. Also, I live in South Florida. D:

And I'll find Symphonia first, play through it, then get Abyss.

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Wha-! How did I miss this?

I'm a huge Tales fan! May I join this?

I own:

Tales of Destiny PSX
Tales of Destiny - Director's Cut PS2
Tales of Destiny 2 PS2
Tales of Symphonia GC
Tales of the Abyss (PS2, not going to import the 3DS version due to region lock)
Tales of Vesperia X360
Tales of Vesperia PS3
Tales of Graces F PS3 (Japanese version, I'm not from the future. =P)
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 1 PSP
Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X PSP
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Wii
Tales of VS PSP
Tales of Phantasia GBA

Heh, yeaaah, guess I own quite a few? ^^; Hope I can join! : D

Miss Doronjo
February 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM
We meet again! I only own like half those games. =P

I think I saw a abyss copy at Gamestop as well; Symphonia I found at a Teddy Bear workshop~ [yeah, it was a video game / card store as well.]

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Tales of Graces F PS3 (Japanese version, I'm not from the future. =P)

Is there some sort translation guide for Tales of Graces f? Or are you sorta just trying to figure out what to do as you play, lol? I played Tales of Destiny 2 that way for sometime until eventually deciding to give up as I had no idea what was going on in the story or where I had to go. :\

Btw, how is it?

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
My Abyss copy was bought used in a GameStop, as well as my copy of Symphonia.

My copy of Symphonia was rather beat up, though. It often gives me "disc cannot be read" errors. Really annoying, because I have to save all the time while grinding... >_>

Is there some sort translation guide for Tales of Graces f? Or are you sorta just trying to figure out what to do as you play, lol? I played Tales of Destiny 2 that way for sometime until eventually deciding to give up as I had no idea what was going on in the story or where I had to go.

Btw, how is it?
There isn't a translation guide for most of Graces, but the youtube user KurusuTatari has subbed some of it.

To get through the game itself, I've been using a guide...

Although said guide is really crappy, I have no idea what to do anymore. My friend who beat the game is going to help me, once I can be arsed to take a screenshot of the "NEXT". (When you press a button, a little reminder pops up telling you what to do. My friend can read Japanese, so he's going to help me. lol)

The game is quite fun, it's surpassed my expectations. I honestly didn't expect to ever find a game that had as enjoying of a battle system as Destiny Remake, but boy was I surprised!

The story... it's sort of flakey in some parts, where it turns into the fetch quest that was Symphonia, but is still enjoyable overall. Just like Symphonia, it threw in the occasional monkey wrench.

And don't get me started on the beautiful anime cutscenes!

Everything about this game is gorgeous, seriously, once it's localized... Pick it up. Even if you don't own a PS3, pick it up for when you do-- since I'm positive once the stores stop selling it, the prices will be really high on eBay. It's just that good.

And if you look at GameFAQs for Tales of Destiny 2, there's a story guide. There's also a script, but I can't post urls until I hit 15 posts... :/

Speed
February 6th, 2011, 06:18 PM
I just went on Gamestops website, and the Gamestop a few blocks away from me have Abyss AND Symphonia. I'm going to look for Symphonia tomorrow, if I can't find it I'll just buy a new copy, including Abyss. :D

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
The story... it's sort of flakey in some parts, where it turns into the fetch quest that was Symphonia, but is still enjoyable overall. Just like Symphonia, it threw in the occasional monkey wrench.

And don't get me started on the beautiful anime cutscenes!

Everything about this game is gorgeous, seriously, once it's localized... Pick it up. Even if you don't own a PS3, pick it up for when you do-- since I'm positive once the stores stop selling it, the prices will be really high on eBay. It's just that good.

lol, I bought a PS3 just for an occasion like this. Hardly have anything for it, but I knew eventually there'd be a game that would force me to buy one. :) Hopefully it sells well here so we can get the next mothership title in development localized.

I got the gist of the plot, and seemed interesting for the most part. How likeable is Asbel and the gang? As long as it's not another Emil, it should be fine for me. ;D

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
lol, I bought a PS3 just for an occasion like this. Hardly have anything for it, but I knew eventually there'd be a game that would force me to buy one. :) Hopefully it sells well here so we can get the next mothership title in development localized.

I got the gist of the plot, and seemed interesting for the most part. How likeable is Asbel and the gang? As long as it's not another Emil, it should be fine for me. ;D

Hah, pretty much everyone in the group is likeable. I had some problems with Pascal in the beginning, but now she's one of my favorites in the group.

Graces has the most likeable characters in Tales for me-- since EVERYONE is likeable. I honestly can't bring myself to dislike anyone, even the antagonists.

And Tales of Xillia looks amazing so far. I love the screens so far, just the graphics have me hyped!

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hah, pretty much everyone in the group is likeable. I had some problems with Pascal in the beginning, but now she's one of my favorites in the group.

Graces has the most likeable characters in Tales for me-- since EVERYONE is likeable. I honestly can't bring myself to dislike anyone, even the antagonists.

And Tales of Xillia looks amazing so far. I love the screens so far, just the graphics have me hyped!

The overall world setting seems a bit darker. Choosing between the two main characters at the beginning of the game is also something new. If anything, at least it gives for more replay value, lol. I'm just a bit disappointed that Jude (main guy) uses his fists as his weapons... :/ since that's been done before by Senel.

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 06:57 PM
The overall world setting seems a bit darker. Choosing between the two main characters at the beginning of the game is also something new. If anything, at least it gives for more replay value, lol. I'm just a bit disappointed that Jude (main guy) uses his fists as his weapons... :/ since that's been done before by Senel.

Hm, really? Isn't Jude the healer of the game as well? That sounds pretty original for a main character to me.

Speed
February 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I'd probably import Xillia if it doesn't get localized, it looks that good.

And why does everyone here live in Florida?

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I'd probably import Xillia if it doesn't get localized, it looks that good.

And why does everyone here live in Florida?

I'll probably pre-order import it, it looks that good to me.

I don't~ I live in Hawaii! : D

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hm, really? Isn't Jude the healer of the game as well? That sounds pretty original for a main character to me.

Really? That'd make sense since he is a medical school student...

I only see two of us from Florida

Speed
February 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I'll probably pre-order import it, it looks that good to me.

I don't~ I live in Hawaii! : D

I would, but there's always that chance that it could get localized, and I don't think I could buy it twice.

Don't forget BinaryPeaches. He lives in Florida too. xD

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I would, but there's always that chance that it could get localized, and I don't think I could buy it twice.

Don't forget BinaryPeaches. He lives in Florida too. xD

Yeah, there's always that chance... But the recent Japanese Tales game pre-order bonuses have been really cool, and most localization's.... aren't.

Speed
February 6th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah, there's always that chance... But the recent Japanese Tales game pre-order bonuses have been really cool, and most localization's.... aren't.

What have the bonuses been?

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
What have the bonuses been?

Most of the localization's bonuses are just artbooks of art you can find by a quick Google.

Whereas the Japanese pre-order of Graces F netted me: A big freakin' artbook with a drama CD signed by Inomata, along with pre-order bonuses ingame. Such as alternate costumes, extra artes, and new battle themes.

I heard that Vesperia PS3 got the same treatment, but the ingames were later released and improved over PSN... :/

Speed
February 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Wow, maybe if we got bonuses like that the sales wouldn't be so bad in the States.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83947/top-ten-ways-to-save-the-tales-series-in-the-west/

An interesting article that all of you should read. :D

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Wow, maybe if we got bonuses like that the sales wouldn't be so bad in the States.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83947/top-ten-ways-to-save-the-tales-series-in-the-west/

But Phantasia GBA wasn't even translated by Namco... :/

And seriously? Using Destiny PSX as an example? It was their first localization, and all the recent localizations have had wonderful grammar and next to no mistranslations.

I laughed while reading that, since I know Namco won't.

I have no real quarrel with the rest of the article-- I just find it sad they chose to pick on a game that wasn't even translated by Namco... And the first localization, back in the 90s.

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2011, 08:59 PM
lol, MS Saga? I actually love that game. :laugh: Kinda just skimmed through it, but I would agree with a few of their points.

That screenshot from ToP made me laugh a little. What part was that? I have the GBA version and don't seem to remember that line.

Joey's Rattata
February 6th, 2011, 10:23 PM
That screenshot from ToP made a laugh a little. What part was that? I have the GBA version and don't seem to remember that line.

It's when you go to the Elven village for the first time... I think to fix some broken pact rings, or whatever. I just remember the part where Cress begs Brambie to fix Chester's Bow.

Speed
February 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Here's some new Xillia info for you all.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Speed_/tox_reia_s.jpg
She is Jude's childhood friend, and is known to be kind-hearted. Despite her adorable appearance, she is quite formidable in combat and sports. Apparently, she uses sticks and clubs in battle.

thedestinedblade
February 9th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Kinda figured Jude and Mira wouldn't become love interests because of the age difference. :P She's cute though.

Tomboynerd
February 10th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I gotta say I'm a big fan of the Tales of symphonia series. Anyways, does anyone know if there will be a Tales of Symphonia 3.

thedestinedblade
February 10th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I gotta say I'm a big fan of the Tales of symphonia series. Anyways, does anyone know if there will be a Tales of Symphonia 3.

Doubt they'd stretch it that far. Many people have suggested a prequel to the first ToS, but I think Namco-Bandai has moved on from Symphonia, which is sad since I found Dawn of the New World really disappointing.

Tomboynerd
February 10th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know about Tales of and Tles of Xilla.

Aether
February 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM

That's mostly pointing out the obvious, and it's somewhat ignorant of Bamco's financial issues, but it has some good ideas. I hope we get Xillia too, we just need Graces F to sell well over here.

Sora
February 11th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Doubt they'd stretch it that far. Many people have suggested a prequel to the first ToS, but I think Namco-Bandai has moved on from Symphonia, which is sad since I found Dawn of the New World really disappointing.
I'm not too sure yet. I think before we officially say that, we have to wait until the OVA has ended. I mean, it was between the two arcs in which they released DOTNW.

I think I'm going to get Graces solely so Namco-Bandai realizes how many fans there are. I don't have a PS3 to play it on, so unless I have borrow my cousin's, buying it would be the most I could do.

Joey's Rattata
February 11th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Here's some new Xillia info for you all.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Speed_/tox_reia_s.jpg
She is Jude's childhood friend, and is known to be kind-hearted. Despite her adorable appearance, she is quite formidable in combat and sports. Apparently, she uses sticks and clubs in battle.
And there you have it folks - Tales of Xillia's loli!

thedestinedblade
February 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
And there you have it folks - Tales of Xillia's loli!

A mandatory for every Tales game. :laugh:

Cherrim
February 11th, 2011, 12:29 PM
She's cute! Her clothing kinda makes me think of a cross between Yuri and Estelle's with a non-matching hairpiece. XD;
I'd say that's a good thing because otherwise they might give us more stuff like DotNW for ToS and that's a major do not want. I'd rather they leave it alone than mess up the canon anymore. :<

Joey's Rattata
February 12th, 2011, 11:42 PM
-bump-

So I was looking at Dat Loli, and realized she really reminds me of Alice from Dawn of the New World.

1) Her hairband. The placement is extremely similar to the pink band Alice wore as part of her... hat thing.

2) The color scheme in general. Pinkish whitish, the both of them.

3) The bottom half of their outfit looks extremely similar. I don't even need to explain, I believe.

thedestinedblade
February 13th, 2011, 08:06 AM
^lol, Leia Roland is her official name.

I guess she does look a bit similar to Alice, but the Symphonia character designer is one of the character designers for this game as well, so it shouldn't be that big of a surprise to see some similarities within different characters.

Joey's Rattata
February 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
...Leia.

Leia.

I will always think of Star Wars when I hear her name. >__<

And Roland will make me think of Luminous Arc. Goshdarnit Namco, be original. First Hisui/Kohak, now we have two cameos in one character! D: [/half kidding on this line]

And... I know, I was just pointing it out. Trying to bring some life to this club... ):

thedestinedblade
February 13th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Hisui and Kohak were the brother and sister from Hearts, no? Had their names been used in another game?

lol, Roland is the main dude from Luminous Arc 2 right? Wasn't a fan of the first, so didn't bother with second. :\

Joey's Rattata
February 13th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Hisui and Kohak were the brother and sister from Hearts, no? Had their names been used in another game?

Hisui and Kohak(u) were twin maids in a famous Japanese-only Visual Novel called "Tsukihime".

thedestinedblade
February 13th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Hisui and Kohak(u) were twin maids in a famous Japanese-only Visual Novel called "Tsukihime".

:laugh: I think I watched a bit of the anime way back. Shiki is the only name I remember though.

Have you played Hearts, btw?

Joey's Rattata
February 13th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Nope, haven't played Hearts yet. Plan on importing it sometime, but it's not very high on my want list. Not a fan of it's battle system. (Played it on an emulator once to test out the english patch...)

thedestinedblade
February 13th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Aside from Graces, its the only mothership title I haven't played. The English patch was never finished, was it? I've wanted to play it if not only because of Kohak.

Were you a fan of Radiant Mythology? Third game was released in Japan a couple days ago, which is why I ask. I found the first game pretty bad, so I'm wondering if you imported the second one.

Joey's Rattata
February 13th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Aside from Graces, its the only mothership title I haven't played. The English patch was never finished, was it? I've wanted to play it if not only because of Kohak.

Were you a fan of Radiant Mythology? Third game was released in Japan a couple days ago, which is why I ask. I found the first game pretty bad, so I'm wondering if you imported the second one.

The English patch hasn't been finished yet.

I played the first RM, hated it. Didn't import the second RM, but I have the third one. I pre-ordered it, and it arrived on the day of release.

It's pretty good, my only complaint is the difficulty curve. But it's amazing, a vast improvement over the first game.

The amount of skits is amazing, and most of them are voiced, which is even more amazing due to all the characters in the game. I can certainly believe Namco when they say they "maxed out" the PSP.

The gameplay is quite fun, and you can never get bored due to all the characters in it. Even playing as a caster is fun.

It's hard to run out of TP as long as you're smart about it. The AI, however, is not as smart as you and tends to run out of TP quite fast. But they gain it back rather easily, so that isn't a problem unless you have a healer in your party that spams Barrier. (Which can easily be turned off.)

And the Quests are entertaining as well, and the story ones are full of funny skits.

Sora
February 14th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I enjoy playing as a caster sometimes. It's easier to 'multitask' if you're a caster, and you don't have to worry about dying as much unless your forward people are dead or being... dumb (which sadly is what's usually the case, which is why I'm usually someone like Lloyd, and my sister would be Genis).

Radiant Mythology 3 kind of makes me wish I had a PSP to play it on. Alas, I do not.

thedestinedblade
February 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
The English patch hasn't been finished yet.

I played the first RM, hated it. Didn't import the second RM, but I have the third one. I pre-ordered it, and it arrived on the day of release.

It's pretty good, my only complaint is the difficulty curve. But it's amazing, a vast improvement over the first game.

The amount of skits is amazing, and most of them are voiced, which is even more amazing due to all the characters in the game. I can certainly believe Namco when they say they "maxed out" the PSP.

The gameplay is quite fun, and you can never get bored due to all the characters in it. Even playing as a caster is fun.

It's hard to run out of TP as long as you're smart about it. The AI, however, is not as smart as you and tends to run out of TP quite fast. But they gain it back rather easily, so that isn't a problem unless you have a healer in your party that spams Barrier. (Which can easily be turned off.)

And the Quests are entertaining as well, and the story ones are full of funny skits.

:shocked: I was looking at the characters included in the game, and it looks like just about every character from a Tales game is in it. You even have Saleh from Rebirth, lol. I didn't play very much of the first game as the repetitive quests quickly made me lose interest.

A walkthrough or translation guide isn't necessary for game like this, right? Though I guess you're missing out on the skits.

Joey's Rattata
February 14th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I was looking at the characters included in the game, and it looks like just about every character from a Tales game is in it. You even have Saleh from Rebirth, lol. I didn't play very much of the first game as the repetitive quests quickly made me lose interest. A walkthrough or translation guide isn't necessary for game like this, right? Though I guess you're missing out on the skits. Forget Saleh! Van is in the game, and playable! And I've been getting through it fine without a walkthrough/translation guide, and I can hardly understand any Japanese. So yeah, I'd say they're not necessary. And the skits are pretty easy to get the general gist of. While you may be missing out on exactly what is said, you can sort of understand them.

Cherrim
February 14th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I always play as a caster. I used to haaaate them but Jade made such a good double (you could use him up front or bring him back to purely cast) that he made me switch over and I find it difficult to use melee characters at all now, haha. I hate healing but I'd rather play healer than have to keep an enemy's attention. 8(

I've never played a Radiant Mythology. D: Maybe next time I see parallelzero I'll see if he'll lend me RM2 since I think he's got RM3 now anyway. 8D;

Miss Doronjo
February 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM
The only casters I usually play as is Rita Mordio from ToV; because she's pretty strong; and REALLY useful with Meteor Storm; and also quite easy to charge your Overlimit[s] with her + combo with her MA. :3 And also Jade, with kind of the same reason. [Sometimes with Genis and Tear too. :3]

Eh, I never played Radiant Mythology myself. D; Never understood Japenese. D;

Joey's Rattata
February 15th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I occasionally main casters. In Vesperia I mained Rita, like many others it seems. In Tales of Graces, thus far I am maining Cheria. She's amazing, her "melee" has an amazing range, her spells deal a lot of damage, and she can heal! I don't see why Sophie is so popular (although I love her as well), since Cheria is much more adaptable. In Tales of Destiny 2, I would occasionally play as Reala... But since the AI sucks so much, I wound up playing as Kyle most of the time. I also played as Marta in Dawn of the New World, but I didn't use black magic as much as healing/melee attacks.

Sora
February 15th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Tales of Symphonia: Mained at Lloyd (Main Character + the fact that Lloyd AI on my games tend to be really stupid and loses his TP faster than I do with my Tiger Rage + Raining Tiger Blade combo), Presea, and Colette. Presea because she was my favorite female for a long time (now it's Raine, with Presea closely behind), and Colette because for some reason, I just found her really fun to play, even though others say she's pretty difficult.

Tales of the Abyss: Guy. Luke was too slow for a swordsman in my taste (same reason why I didn't really main Kratos or Zelos in ToS) and I just liked Guy as a character soooo much more than Luke. In fact, I've been Guy so often in Abyss that I haven't really fought as anyone else unless I had to. XD;

Tales of Symphonia 2: Emil. He was a bit faster than Luke, and my sister was Marta when it was just those two throughout the game. Though when it got to the original cast, depending on who it is my sister would switch Marta with the original cast member (in her case it was usually Genis) or I would switch to the cast member right when the battle began (or fought as Marta).

Those are really the only three Tales of Games I played and completed. /sob.

Joey's Rattata
February 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM
EDIT: WTF? The forums deleted like... 3/4s of my post. I'll try and shorten it and see if it goes through. Tales of Phantasia - Cless Tales of Destiny PSX - Stahn Tales of Destiny Remake - Stahn/Lilith/Leon Tales of Destiny 2 - Kyle/Reala Tales of Symphonia - Lloyd Tales of the Abyss - Natalia Tales of Vesperia - Rita Tales of Graces/F - Cheria Tales of the World, Radiant Mythology, 1 - Descender Tales of the World, Radiant Mythology, 3 - Marta Tales of Phantasia, Narikiri Dungeon X - Kururu Tales of Symphonia, Dawn of the New World - Marta Tales of VS - Lloyd EDIT while editing: So it appears I can't write long posts or use paragraphs... I think the forums don't like macs or something, since it's fine when I use my other computers. o_o;; I'll fix this post when I get home, if nobody has responded by then.

thedestinedblade
February 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
It's rather shallow, but I hardly deviate from using the main character at all through the entirety of the game. Using Judas in ToD2 might be the only time really, and that's only because he's my favorite Tales character. I even stuck with Luca, who plays incredibly slow; Never been one who likes to sit back and wait. ;)

Joey's Rattata
February 15th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I'll probably main Spada when I get Innocence, since he plays so much like Lloyd from what I've seen. Also, just ignore my previous post for now. I'll try and fix it later. :/

Speed
February 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I usually use the main character since everyone other character is so slow compared to them. D: Or I use spellcasters, either one.

Aether
February 18th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I use spellcasters when among friends on multiplayer, otherwise I prefer to combo the crap out of enemies with fast attackers (Lloyd, Guy) or magic swordsmen (Luke, Zelos). I also occasionally like the brawler (Farah).

Cherrim
February 20th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Symphonia - Kratos n_n
Legendia - Chloe
Symphonia 2 - Marta
Abyss - Jade
Vesperia - Rita
Eternia - Meredy

The other games I never played enough of or didn't assemble a full party in. :'( But you can definitely see my shift to spellcasters haha.

darklord18
February 25th, 2011, 01:07 AM
can i join

i play alot of tales,love asch, yuri, leon, judas

i plan on getting tales of the world rm 3 cause of judas but not atm

Miss Doronjo
February 25th, 2011, 04:54 AM
can i join

i play alot of tales,love asch, yuri, leon, judas

i plan on getting tales of the world rm 3 cause of judas but not atm

I added ya in. <3

I love yuri as well. <3

~Ryukaa
April 6th, 2011, 04:24 AM
I'm surprised I only just noticed this club. xDD;;
I'd like to join, please! :D
I'm currently playing through Symphonia and Innocence, and planning to get Radiant Mythology sooner or later.
I'm also interested in Vesperia, and Abyss 3D, but I don't have an XBox, nor a 3DS. So yeah. In time, in time. xD;
I also adore all the Tales openings. :>

Captain Fabio
April 10th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Huge Tales of Symphonia fan here! I would love to join! :3
I am currently doing a ToS LP in the LP section, feel free to look!

~Ryukaa
April 10th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Yes! You're LP is awesome, Fabio. xDD;;
I read some of it, earlier.
I might do a LP of Phantasia, or something later on.

Miss Doronjo
April 10th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Yeah, your going a great LP so far. <3
I was planning to do a LP of Tales of Vesperia pretty soon. <3

Anyway, I'll add you guys soon. <3

Captain Fabio
April 10th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Yes! You're LP is awesome, Fabio. xDD;;
I read some of it, earlier.
I might do a LP of Phantasia, or something later on.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!
I might be a bit slow to update it over the next few days, but I will be able to keep going on at it. :3

Yeah, your going a great LP so far. <3
I was planning to do a LP of Tales of Vesperia pretty soon. <3

Anyway, I'll add you guys soon. <3

Thank youuuu!
You have a great club here! :3

Cherrim
April 11th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Guys, is anyone else getting excited for the Tales anime releases in English? Abyss is slated for a May or June release start (I forget which) and they announced that the Vesperia movie would be localized, too! :D I am excite! Maybe they'll bring the Symphonia ones over too?

~Ryukaa
April 11th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Wooooah.
Wooooooooah.
Whaaat. xDD;;
That's awesome! I'm definitely getting them.

Cherrim
April 11th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I know, me too. :) I don't even buy anime normally but I'd love to support this stuff, whether I've seen it already or not. ♥

~Ryukaa
April 11th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I haven't played Abyss, so the anime would be nice to own. xDD;;
I haven't played Vesperia either, but it's Tales. So yeah, I'm getting it. xDD;
It's kinda surprising how they're deciding to translate these, while Capcom isn't translating AAI2.

LUKE VON FABRE TO THE RESCUE.

Cherrim
April 11th, 2011, 09:20 PM
:P Well Namco Bandai is the Tales company and I believe it's Bandai that's localizing the anime so at least this makes sense. Though I think Funi has Vesperia's contract.

Oh well! I hope they get dubs (with the same VAs as in the games). n_n;

~Ryukaa
April 11th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Double post, Light. xDD;;
And yeah.
I hope they don't pull off another ToS2 voice job. It wasn't bad, but...

Cherrim
April 13th, 2011, 06:51 PM
D: I'll be sad if that happens. Though to be fair with Abyss I'm used to their Japanese voices almost as much as in English... and I haven't played Vesperia enough to tell, but yeah. I'm hoping for original dub voices or it won't be the same. At the very least, I sure hope Jade doesn't change. 8D

~Ryukaa
April 14th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I haven't heard any of the english Abyss voices yet. I'm just following the anime in Japanese, at the moment.
But yeah, if they do use different voices, they better be as good, or better. :V

It's funny, the other week, I was saying how much TotA would fit on a network like Cartoon Network or Disney XD. They might actually do that. xDD;;

ソラ
April 19th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Even tho, I never played a Tales of games before.
But I just said "Screw it" and I importing Graces F. ToGF will be my first Tales of Games.
I know it's coming in English, but alot of my friends says that Namco makes the english tales of games real easy, in Japanese it's harder. Which I can't wait, It could be here tomorrow :D I also do plan to one day get ToV (Ps3 version), ToPNX, ToS (and other Tales of Games Idk and seem interested in). :3

Cherrim
April 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I think the only difference between the games is that sometimes the HP is scaled down for some bosses in English which is fine because I don't think massive amounts of HP make for harder bosses anyway.

...otherwise, it's the other way around and they add HP for the English releases. I forget! (I think they nerfed mania mode in one English release though--might've been Abyss.) Regardless, I'm pretty sure you'd only notice the difference if you start out on the hardest difficulties which... isn't actually that fun on a first playthrough. XD;

Sora
April 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM
D: I'll be sad if that happens. Though to be fair with Abyss I'm used to their Japanese voices almost as much as in English... and I haven't played Vesperia enough to tell, but yeah. I'm hoping for original dub voices or it won't be the same. At the very least, I sure hope Jade doesn't change. 8D
I'm not sure if anything has changed since I heard about this, but I heard that they might just keep the voices japanese and sub it, like they did with Symphonia (because yes they did bring Symphonia over to America, unless my DVD with subs is a lie. :[ )

Again, it might have changed since I heard this. I don't mind either way. xD;

ソラ
April 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I think the only difference between the games is that sometimes the HP is scaled down for some bosses in English which is fine because I don't think massive amounts of HP make for harder bosses anyway.

...otherwise, it's the other way around and they add HP for the English releases. I forget! (I think they nerfed mania mode in one English release though--might've been Abyss.) Regardless, I'm pretty sure you'd only notice the difference if you start out on the hardest difficulties which... isn't actually that fun on a first playthrough. XD;
Well I got 2 friends who play both the english and Japanese Tales games. They just tell me its easier. But I don't know, thats what I heard.

Anyways. I got my Tales of Graces F this morning :D, Reversible art :D I picked the reversible art I like it more better, but I like the original too. :D

Cherrim
April 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
:< Tales of the Abyss was confirmed for subs only. Makes me sad because I prefer the dub voices a lot more over the Japanese, but oh well.

~Ryukaa
April 26th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Subs only? D:
That sucks. Ah well. I'm just glad they're coming out, at least. Hopefully they'll be released in Australia. But since they're subbed only, that lowers the chance. Well, eBay to the rescue. xD;

Sora
April 27th, 2011, 02:10 AM
E-Bay is what brought my Tales of Symphonia DVD and I together!

I might buy the Tales of the Abyss anime. Considering that I've never actually watched it all the way through, having it in my hands would likely increase the chances of me watching it. Depends on how much the price will be going for each of the DVDs though.

Miss Doronjo
April 27th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Depending on the price, I might go out and buy the Tales of Abyss myself. [I'm still trying to find Soul Eater. >.<;]

Mmm, well, I'm also kind of disapointed that its only subs, considering that I do like their dubbed voices!

ソラ
May 1st, 2011, 06:01 AM
I've been watching TotA anime. Good story I got to say im addicted to it :o I want to get the game. If i cant find the PS2 version. I might have to get the 3DS version.

Aether
May 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
That Tales of the Abyss 3D is so mine. I would've bought the anime too if it was dubbed, but alas.

Cherrim
May 9th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'll probably still buy a few volumes of the anime, just to support it, but I am still disappointed about that lack of dub.

SPEAKING OF LACK OF DUBS I am disappointed that they aren't dubbing the skits for the TotA 3DS release. D: I mean, I guess I'm glad it's getting released here for exposure but baaaaw the only reason I'd play it again anytime soon is if they'd redo the skits.

ソラ
May 26th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I officially beat Tales of Graces: F last night I beat the Main story (like a week or two ago) and then the F arc. I really liked it, as my first Tales games.
I plan to get ToV, and TotA(PS2 version), and other ones, once I get the money.
So far ToGF is my favorite PS3 game, I have to give ToV try for sure (:

~Platina's Jason~
June 9th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'd like to join. I recently got Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the New World. This'll be the first Tales game I've played, but I like it so far.

Cherrim
June 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I've been playing Tales of VS lately. n_n; I'm kinda rushing it because I also bought the first Radiant Mythology the other day and after I beat that, I've got Radiant Mythology 2 that I borrowed from parallelzero. @_@

This is gonna be a really Tales summer for me. xD;
I officially beat Tales of Graces: F last night I beat the Main story (like a week or two ago) and then the F arc. I really liked it, as my first Tales games.
I plan to get ToV, and TotA(PS2 version), and other ones, once I get the money.
So far ToGF is my favorite PS3 game, I have to give ToV try for sure (:
Go for ToA first! I still think it's the best one. 8D; ToV is prettier, for sure, but I didn't think the characters or plot was as endearing as ToA. (And I never fully got the hang of the battle system, either. :S)

Miss Doronjo
July 1st, 2011, 04:59 AM
Lately I've been playing ToP. ^___^
Its pretty nice; I love the music~! and Arche is the coolest!

I was thinking of starting Unknown mode again in ToA.
But I THINK it'll be tricky to come against Arietta or even Legretta. =(

BTW: What would you guys say is your favourite music from any game?

Like for me: I really like Tales of Vesperia's "Fury Sparks" theme; the theme when Yuri fights Flynn.

wwH1hPMyVZU

ソラ
July 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
I've been playing Tales of VS lately. n_n; I'm kinda rushing it because I also bought the first Radiant Mythology the other day and after I beat that, I've got Radiant Mythology 2 that I borrowed from parallelzero. @_@

This is gonna be a really Tales summer for me. xD;

Go for ToA first! I still think it's the best one. 8D; ToV is prettier, for sure, but I didn't think the characters or plot was as endearing as ToA. (And I never fully got the hang of the battle system, either. :S)
Yeah, I'm not getting the 3DS version, Might as well search for the PS2 version since i own a PS2 already lol. I do want to get ToV so badly tho.

thedestinedblade
July 1st, 2011, 12:33 PM
ToP was a fun game. Though if you ask me anything on it, I probably wouldn't know. :laugh: Kinda rushed through it.

As for favorite songs, it would probably these two:

-Don't exactly remember where this one plays in Symphonia, but it instantly became one of my all time favorite battle themes
sm6Wy04Yaj0

-Leon's battle theme. No explanation needed.

krzN_z3hL6w

U.Flame
July 1st, 2011, 11:50 PM
I've got quite a few favorite songs.

Fighting of the Spirit
It Can Waver and Fight
Meaning of Birth
Fury Sparks

I'm even planning on using them in my Pokemon hack.
I wonder if any other Tales games will be released for the 3DS, or even the PSV.

thedestinedblade
July 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Obviously aside from the Abyss port, I'm certain you'll see a Radiant Mythology and a VS. title eventually on either system. Hopefully no mothership title 'cause we never seem to get the handheld ones, lol.

Sora
July 2nd, 2011, 08:41 AM
ToP was a fun game. Though if you ask me anything on it, I probably wouldn't know. :laugh: Kinda rushed through it.

As for favorite songs, it would probably these two:

-Don't exactly remember where this one plays in Symphonia, but it instantly became one of my all time favorite battle themes
sm6Wy04Yaj0

It plays while you're battling Sheena, and then when you battle Abyssion. n___n

I got stuck in ToP and never continued, end of that story. :V But ask me anything about Tales of Symphonia ranging from the story to battle quotes, and I would probably know the answer.

I like... a lot of music. Though most of them from Symphonia. xD For Abyss I tend to lean towards the several Karma remixes or whatever as my favorites there. :V

U.Flame
July 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
It plays while you're battling Sheena, and then when you battle Abyssion.

More than that, it also plays when you fight Regal and I think during certain battles in the Colosseum.

Sora
July 2nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
Point taken. I think for the Colosseum battles it most likely plays while the two extra matches (Seles and the Cameo Trio respectively). I tend to think Sheena and definitely Abyssion though. xD; Sorry Regal!

Miss Doronjo
July 2nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
...I'm going to say this: I...often forget about Regal myself. >.<;
I not sure why...
I love Regal. D;

thedestinedblade
July 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM
lol, he was pretty forgettable for me anyways. Nice backstory, but I just found him pretty boring. Never used him or had him in my party.

Sora
July 2nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
Regal is a tough one to use in battle. He can actually make some really nice combos, but they're difficult to use. Only the AI can really get the hang of them until you have a lot of practice with him. He can heal, but there are obviously better choices than him (Raine, Zelos, Kratos). I really like Regal myself, but he doesn't usually find a placement in my team until I'm messing around.

Also, I meant I forgot that Fatalize played while fighting Regal. I didn't forget Regal as a whole. xD

Miss Doronjo
July 2nd, 2011, 02:02 PM
I can never really use Regal, because well, I'm more used to spamming Tiger Blade related artes with Llyod. :B

But yeah, he has nice combos; he works quite well with his spin kick in the Union attack.

U.Flame
July 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Even Tales of the World Radiant Mythology forgot Regal. He and Sheena are not in Radiant Mythology 2. Sheena is in Radiant Mythology 3, but still no Regal.

Cherrim
July 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
I never used Regal. :x I don't think he's very popular, and it's not really his fault... Symphonia was kind of awful for ignoring characters. He and Presea should've been really important but they ended up really forgettable because the game tried to make us care about 9+ main characters at once. Since their "plots" all took place in the past, it was easy to look past them. I actually loved Regal's parts in ToS2 so I'd like to see him in more games. But alas, sounds like he's not in any spinoffs. :(

I'd love a Tales of VS port to 3DS. I'd totally buy it. :D Or I'd be terrified because that would be one more reason to buy a Japanese one for imports...

edit: Oh, and my favourite songs in the series are probably...
→ Dry Trail (Symphonia) [it's calming 8D]
→ Beat the Angel (Symphonia)
→ End of a Thought (Symphonia) [Kratos <3]
→ Prologue (Abyss)
→ Meaning of Birth (Abyss)
→ finish the promise (Abyss)
→ A Wish to the Starry Sky (Abyss)
→ United Oath (Vesperia)
→ Eternal Mind (Eternia)
→ Take Up the Cross (Phantasia--especially the VS remix)
→ Theme of Battle (Destiny 2, VS remix)
→ Encounter (Tempest, VS remix)

...n_n I like Motoi Sakuraba, even though most of his OSTs tend to sound the same.

Miss Doronjo
July 3rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Adding to my favourite music list would be At the Time of Farewell from ToA, and Confrontations from Tales of the Tempest; the arranged remix. :3

lol, he was pretty forgettable for me anyways. Nice backstory, but I just found him pretty boring. Never used him or had him in my party.

-shrug-

I wouldn't call him boring per-se, he's a pretty good role model. =O
Emil from ToS2 is kinda like him;
Which BTW, do you guys even like Emil, Marta...or even Richter? ~

/cause nowadays I don't hear much people talking about them as far as the topics of ToS is concerned. :x

Cherrim
July 3rd, 2011, 05:52 PM
I didn't like any of the new cast members in ToS2. :x I LOVED the cameos from all the old characters and thought they were great, but the actual main characters in this game were just... grating and annoying. D:

thedestinedblade
July 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
...n_n I like Motoi Sakuraba, even though most of his OSTs tend to sound the same.

Yeah, he's definitely gotta change his style a bit. Even his non-Tales albums sounds similar.

I'm sure I've posted this here before, but Emil has gotta be the most annoying RPG main character ever. Should have just made him a silent protagonist. ;)

Marta and Richter didn't do much for me either...

Sora
July 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I didn't like any of the new cast members in ToS2. :x I LOVED the cameos from all the old characters and thought they were great, but the actual main characters in this game were just... grating and annoying. D:
This. I liked Alice and Decus, but as for any of the other new characters I didn't really find any of them appealing. Maybe Ratatosk, but that's basically it. I found more enjoyment in the game when one or more of the older cast members were in the group than just Emil/Marta.

Oh, and Tenebrae was cool too. He made the Emil and Marta moments tolerable.

~Ryukaa
July 3rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Haha, yeah. When I started playing ToS, I couldn't help but think, "Haven't I heard this song in Golden Sun?"
And yeah, same composer. o3o
...I still need to play ToS2. ;;

Cherrim
July 3rd, 2011, 09:08 PM
...haha, yeah, back when I was super obsessed with Symphonia, I had two of my friends play it and the first thing they said was "it sounds like Golden Sun". I'd never played a Motoi Sakuraba-composed game so I was almost offended they were implying the music in Symphonia wasn't original and awesome.

And then I listened to some more of his OSTs and went "oh, okay I see what they mean."

Sora
July 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
I'm dense so although I did play Golden Sun after playing Tales of Symphonia I didn't catch anything. xD; I should see about listening to it and concentrating more on it to get it.

What I like about Symphonia's soundtrack is some of the remixes.

Miss Doronjo
July 8th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I honestly think Symphonia 2 had a lot of potential -- like it could of been more of an epic game if say...Emil and Marta had an actual "human / elf/ half-elf team" other than the endless string of monsters they relied , and the symphonian team in the first game that they are always on a fixed level anyway...well that's what I think anyway.

Alice and Decus could of been good candidates if they weren't villains.
[Don't get me wrong, ToS2 is already a good enough game; I just thought "maybe" it could be better. ^.^']

Sora
July 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Symphonia 2 was a decent game (I mean, I've played it three times). But it's like you said: it lacked a lot of it. Part of it could be from the fact that it wasn't classified as a mothership game, but if they changed a few things (like the past Symphonia characters being able to level up with the Emil and Marta at the end and such) then it could have been a better game than it was. I guess it was a nice idea but poor executed type of thing? idk. I didn't really like who the main enemy was in the game. xD;

thedestinedblade
July 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
The game lacks life (and a few other things) but thus is the result of most budget titles.

U.Flame
July 9th, 2011, 11:49 AM
ToS2 just didn't feel like Symphonia. But it was a pretty good game. Plus I loved Tenebrae! I love him like I love Arche, Zelos, and Jade!

Sora
July 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Tenebrae is amazing. XD If it weren't for him I would have probably not have been able to put up with the Marta/Emil times. Marta is okay by herself. Emil is okay by himself. But those two together just bothers the hell out of me, more than another pairing in the Tales of Series. /kind of scared to mention it because of it's possibly popularity here.

U.Flame
July 9th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I just remembered the best moment in ToS2! Zelos's first appearance! Everything was dramatic with Richter and Marta then all of a sudden, we hear our favorite theme and Zelos hits on Marta! The look on Richter and Emil's (especially Emil's) faces makes this scene clearly the best in the entire game!

thedestinedblade
July 9th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I only really liked the part where you tell Emil who your traveling partner was, then have some small seen in Flanoir with the character you chose. (Chose Sheena of course. :])

Sora
July 10th, 2011, 10:30 AM
My personal favourite was when you first meet Genis, and when you first meet Presea. |D;

I've chosen Genis and Colette for the Flanoirish event, but that's basically it.