PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Black or White?

Pages : [1] 2

Forever
November 2nd, 2010, 10:29 PM
Looks like the old thread died. Thus, it is time for a new one.

★ Which game are you getting and why?
★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?
★ If you're getting both, why?
★ Or are you waiting for the third game?

I'll be getting both of the games, though I do plan on playing White first, mainly because of White Forest I guess. XD;

Asrodrig
November 2nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
I'll probably wait and get Gray, or whatever they decide to call the third game. Although if I do get one before then, it would be Black, because I like the look of Reshiram.

Cynder The Bloody Angel
November 2nd, 2010, 10:40 PM
i like white ... but i guess i will take the deluxe version

Satoshi Ookami
November 2nd, 2010, 11:46 PM
Black is my favorite 'cause Reshiram is really awesome pokemon =)
And Black City is very nicely done as well.
I wanna try White as well to see the look of White Forest.

King Gumball
November 3rd, 2010, 12:14 AM
I will be getting both games for the first time as well. Because the version differences are much greater than in previous games, but also I want a game for all my event pokemon and a fun muck around game as well. Black will probs be my proper game.

PlatinumDude
November 3rd, 2010, 03:03 AM
I'll be getting both Black and White because I always get both versions of a Pokemon game and Reshiram and Zekrom are equally awesome. I'll be playing Black more often, though. I'm also looking forward to the third game (though I didn't vote for it in the poll).

ManhattanTheStarr
November 3rd, 2010, 03:18 AM
Wow, most people are getting both? O_o
Originally, I was gonna get White, because I liked Zekrom, White Forest looked better than Black City, and I wanted to have Iris as the last Gym Leader. But then I realized something... White's exclusives suck. T_T I don't like ANY of them.

But Black has Erufuun, Gochiruzeru, and Barujina. Those are three of some of my favorite Pokemon in this generation. So now I'm gonna get Black. And besides that, Reshiram's been growing on me. :P

Rucario
November 3rd, 2010, 03:28 AM
I'm getting Black. Reshiram looks much more appealing to me.

Germaniac
November 3rd, 2010, 04:25 AM
Third game, I always have 3rd game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum), It was better than the first 2

Helixros
November 3rd, 2010, 07:19 AM
I've always enjoyed the third game versions attached to the other two, like emerald and platinum and such, but I really would like to get all three anyways.

November 3rd, 2010, 07:30 AM
Played White and it is pretty good. Getting Black when it comes out in English. The third game will probably be even better. Did not like Crystal compared to Silver, but Loved Emerald compared the Ruby.

Kyuu
November 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
I will get Black. Because I love Reshiram.:D

Kevin
November 3rd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Aw this should've been the 6th Poll. :x It's a nice topic. Anyways, I saw this thread before, so I'm guessing it died out. XD I'm getting all three~ n_n I'm buying B/W once they come out. Playing Black, since I like Reshiram more, and then wait a couple of months and play White, so I won't be tired and know everything already. xD Then like, a year later when the so-called Gray comes out, I'll get that also. =P

Perrie ✿
November 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Who actually voted for the 3rd game. We know nothing about it >:

Anyway, I choose both because I like them both... :~: I did want White because of the Pokemon selection and White forest. That is the last time I don't order my own games >:

Blue Nocturne
November 3rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
I'm getting Pokemon White purely because of Souryuu City. I absolutely hate the version of it in Black from the music to the architecture, which reminds me of Esthar from Final Fantasy 8... which is not good; I spent about an hour searching for that Elnoyle. Anywho, I digress.

I prefer the look of White Forest over Black City, which is quite ugly. The only real downside of White for me is that I have to get Zekrom instead or Reshiram, but thats nothing a quick trade or cheat wont fix.

Zackraa
November 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
http://imgur.com/XQMtX.png
if anyone has any trouble deciding this image I made is for you

I'm getting white because of the white exclusives and mainly the white forest

austin00081
November 3rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
So I got Black in Japanese, and I'm getting White when it comes to the US.

Can I just say that Black City is very disappointing considering you only fight 3-4 rotation battles once, and then there are ~5 NPC who you can battle once a day, and their Pokemon never change. Let's see, there's a Staraptor, Magnezone, an Electevire, and I can't remember the other few. But yeah... VERY DISAPPOINTING. For such a "big city" there are only 4 accessible houses with nothing interesting in them, and one big building that sells SOME battle items, where you battle the rotation battles.

Something tells me White Forestis just as bad, and you can only find Oddish and Magikarp...

SuperiorCat
November 3rd, 2010, 02:38 PM
I have Pokemon Black in Japanese.
I plan on getting Pokemon White in English.
And I will most likely get the third game too. o:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
November 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
I'm getting White as soon as it come out here in the states :)
I wanted it at first because...well I just thought it would be cooler than Black, and now I think I might have been right :D

インフェルノの津波
November 3rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
White.

Because the list of Pokemon you can find in the White Forest via Serebii and the Highlink. The beauty of High School is that you can find countless people who like Pokemon

Zekrom

Much better version exclusives

And I am getting the third version as well, yep.

curiousnathan
November 3rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
I was going to orginally buy White but I remeber when I rushed buying Diamond and then Platinum came out and I was like; what the hell? So this time I am not going to let my addiction for pokemon take over. Imma be patient and wait for the third game to be released. Hopefully being tns better than the both of them.

otakulily
November 5th, 2010, 07:41 AM
http://imgur.com/XQMtX.png

Shroomish/Breloom are actually Black exclusives and Paras/Parasect are White exclusives. A number of sites actually mixed this up when the game was first released. Serebii has the updated info and I can also confirmed this. That being said, I was terribly disappointed when I couldn't catch a Breloom, since I've played White. :s

Anyway, I personally find almost none of the exclusives worthwhile. The only White exclusive I even remotely care about is Zekrom anyway, so White Forest is the most decisive factor for me.

Andrut
November 5th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I got White already in September,a week after the release. I prefer it than Black because of the natural aesthetics,sadly i don't like version exclusives there. >_<
I don't care Reshiram is rather better than Zekrom. I rather don't like legendaries, especially the ones you HAVE to catch.
I'm not getting an English BW. I will get the third game when it comes out in English. That would be even more interesting.

AshPikastar
November 5th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I'm getting White version instead of Black. I was thinking about getting Black for Reshiram(Or however you spell it) but once I checked out Zekrom status and moves, I decided to get White Version instead. I like Zekrom better then Reshiram now.

Zebeedoo
November 6th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hmmm, it's a hard choice really. I was planning on getting white, because I thought that Reshiram would of been in it rather than black. x_x Then I changed my mind and decided that I was going to get black for Reshiram. Now seeing version exclusives among other things, I feel I should get both. XDD;

Kaori
November 6th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Hmmm, it's a hard choice really. I was planning on getting white, because I thought that Reshiram would of been in it rather than black. x_x Then I changed my mind and decided that I was going to get black for Reshiram. Now seeing version exclusives among other things, I feel I should get both. XDD;

I have to agree with you on this. Before I knew Zekrom and Reshiram were going to be in opposite games, I originally planned on getting White. Zekrom just seemed a bit too bland for my taste, but still the fierce overall design it has is cool. u_u After knowing they will be in opposite games, I've decided on getting Black. Aside from the version exclusives, I could always trade over from a friend. However since my brother will be getting White, it comes as if technically I'm getting both (as we'll also be switching after completing the game and experiencing everything for a while) but if I were to need something from White, I could just ask him.

So I'd say I'll be getting both, one used by my brother until the switch, and one for me; Pokémon Black being the main one I will use. (:

Skylands
November 6th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Both. And if there's a third game, I'll most likely be buying that too.

Massacre.
November 6th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I have already bought the JP version of black from amazon. So yes, when English, it will be black too.

Biker Jesse
November 6th, 2010, 09:06 PM
im gonna get black the pokemon for it looks cool as

RivalGator
November 6th, 2010, 10:46 PM
I am going to start out with Black, and if it is good, I'll get the third one that comes out. I will not really need White, seeing as my sis will be getting it and if I ever need to trade for legendaries, well, I have my source. lol. Black attracts me, although I like the legendary for White better... But the city makes me happy. lol.

mervyn797
November 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I went for Black because... I like the colour black. No, actually Black sounds more evil, that is the reason. XD

GaXeL
November 7th, 2010, 08:03 AM
White, I like zekrom more... Though I like black city more... T_T

xMiZx
November 7th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Everyone wants me to get Black because I'm Black. >.> But I'm getting White. Solely because I already have Pokemon Black(J)

ManhattanTheStarr
November 7th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Lol, MiZ. XD
I honestly think most people are getting Black, just because it's, well... Black. O_o
Black, I guess is a more popular color than White. =/

Talli
November 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
If I can find Black I'll get that..if not Whit is just as good.

Calamity
November 7th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Looks like i'll be getting white, seeing as Zekrom and Wargle look awesome :D
Although black city does look alot better than whites 'forest'...

Zeko
November 7th, 2010, 10:38 AM
if anyone has any trouble deciding this image I made is for you
<insert that picture here>
I'm getting white because of the white exclusives and mainly the white forest

That's why I'm getting both xD

Krizor
November 7th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I plan on purchasing both versions on release day, but I'll be playing through White first.

I'll also pick up the third version whenever it's released.

PsychoJigglypuff
November 7th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I have White in Japanese, and I'm getting Black in English!

I'm not sure about if I'm going to get the third game, because it'll seem a bit stale at that point, probably. But if it has enough cool new features, I might get it.

Masterge77
November 7th, 2010, 11:23 AM
White, because only it has Wargle, in Black, we get a fugly vulture with horrible stats, while Wargle has excellent stats and looks awesome.....

White has one more thing that Black does not: RANKURUSU!!!!!!

Livewire
November 7th, 2010, 04:50 PM
White. It has the better selection of Pokemon, in my opinion. Wargle, Doredia, Zekrom, etcetera, etcetera. :D

vava18
November 8th, 2010, 09:18 AM
White, i think has good pokemons,and ii prefer the the White Florest

Asrodrig
November 8th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I'll get one of the two (haven't really decided yet) and I'll get the third game when it comes out as well.

Hoenn
November 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM

Got Pokémon White in Japanese, going to get either Black or White in English the day it comes out :)

★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have

I'm happy with the game I have but I've stopped playing for any further spoilers.. currently, I prefere the colour White to Black.. :D.

I'm not waiting, but eventually, I'll have all 3 Games :P.

Espeonrules
November 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I got Pokemon Black, only because I wanted Reshiram. However, I will be planning to get White as well since I love the White Forest.

Zorua
November 9th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'm most likely getting both Black and White. Both versions have something that I want, plus I wouldn't want to be left out of the other version, and just in case I feel like starting new and fresh, I'm able to.

Not only this, I also plan on getting the third version along with B/W. Again, it'd feel awkward to me and I'd feel left out, so I might as well get all of the 5th gen games. xD

Mikami
November 9th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I got both as an emulator for now and plan on getting them when the come out. Reason for both is that I can never choose between them and always got both version and played them almost simultaneously to ensure that both adventures were on point and had a different feel about them. And when the third title, if any, comes out I will be getting that one as well, and that adventure will be completely different from the two and most likely, like all the third versions before it, played with more care and in depth.

Rei Shingetsu
November 10th, 2010, 01:40 AM
I'm definitely getting both + the 3rd game when it's out.
Black& White is too tempting not to get both; And I always love buying the 3rd game to see how much differences it has.

560cool.
November 10th, 2010, 04:13 AM
So, at first, I wanted White badly. Then, I asked my brother what he wanted. He said White.
Since then, I've been considering Black, as I'll be able to trade stuff with him, and it would be a waste for the both of us to buy the same game. Now, I like Reshiram a lot over Zekrom (mostly of the type), and even though I still prefer Rankurusu over Gochizeru, I'll just get one from my bro' !
...and when it comes out, I'll get the third one as well. But for now, I just voted Black.

tobi-ksla
November 10th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I'll most likely go get Black Version. Being able to buy rare items will come in handy way more than finding them randomly in the wild.

And I believe there's a way to transfer Pokémon from the 4th Gen to the 5th Gen, so yeah...

Nitronite
November 16th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Definitely white. Cuz it haz Zekrom and it has the White Forest which means more Pokemon! Though on the other hand... Black City might have people giving away stuff. But white has the blue piranha pokemon which looks cooler than the red one.

Ace Trainer Jessie
November 16th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I'm getting both, but my main game will be on White. I like the legendary's better.

Yuoaman
November 16th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Black, man. That Black City looks awesome, for realsies.

Jerpy
November 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM
What happened to 'it doesn't matter if your black or white'? >_>

Anyway, I prefer White just because of the Pokemon that you can get in the game that are not in Black.

Doppelgänger
November 16th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I am going to get Pokemon White, because I want Zekrom :D Also because of White Forest.

shinyabsol1
November 16th, 2010, 08:43 PM
well I already have the Japanese Black, so I will get White version. Zekrom is way cooler than that giant fire chicken of a dragon thing anyway...

DeathOfBlades
November 16th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Black because it rhymes with Black Ops. Nah I'm kidding. Black seems pretty cool to me. I ordered Pearl, Heart Gold and it's time to order something darker.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
November 19th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Well I always get both versions, one a little bit later right after I get the first one (like a month or two later) but I'm getting Pokemon White first because Zekrom is on the cover and I've always thought that he was better than Reshiram just because of the way that it looks. I'm also not too found towards an Fire/Dragon type anyways

:t354:TG

LyokoGirl5000
November 20th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I imported White because the legendary looked cooler. I'll get Black when it comes out in English. I'll get the third game because it's a Pokemon video game tradition for me.

TJgamer
November 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM
I voted White.
Both versions look great, but of course I'm only getting one.

Minun456
November 22nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
I really don't care which one I would get; I like them both equally.
But if I had to choose, I'd choose White. White is an appealing color to me, not to mention I like Zekrom. Then I'd try to get some money to finish the set; can't have White without Black and Gray.

Latios Master
November 22nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
I'm getting White. I like Zekrom a lot more than Reshiram, and I like being able to catch Pokemon in White Forest that you can only battle in Black City. The version that I've liked the most in every generation has been the most popular one, until now. When the games were first announced I thought White would be the more popular one, so I'm surprised that more people like Black and Reshiram.

Kristine
November 22nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
I'm going to get Black when it releases in the U.S. mostly because I like Reshiram better than Zekrom, based off of appearance and type. I know I'll get the third game, too, when it comes out, though. :)

bwburke94
November 23rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
This will be the second time I get both versions, though I guess Hoenn doesn't really count since I only got Ruby a few weeks ago for challenges.

dragon0fangz
November 23rd, 2010, 10:29 AM
I HAVE NO IDEA.

Its tearing me apart!

Black has Gochiruzeru, but White has Wargle!

Black City has Trainers to fight but White Forest has Pokemon to catch!

But im getting White, just because my friend will get black.

Enigma
November 23rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Definitely getting both, as well as the third one when it comes out. (if it's actually got some cool changes)
I'm probably the world's most indecisive person, so getting both solves my problem, as well as giving me more to do. 8D

giradialkia
November 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
White. I don't know anything about version exclusives, I don't want to know, I just prefer Zekrom, to be quite honest.
I'll get Gray when it's released, too, even if there's not going to be much differences (but there will be :P).

Weber
November 23rd, 2010, 08:22 PM
im going to get white right away probably wait a month or 6 weeks and then get black as well and ofcourse when the third one comes out i will get it as well. i really like zekrom more but i have a case of gotta catch 'em alls so i will have to get both so i can get them all, and then have the fun of getting the other pokemon from previous versions just to have a full dex, oh boy its going to take a while.

iRyu
November 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
I'm getting all three. I've played Black and kind've enjoyed it. There are some random level differences that re slightly hard to overcome... Hopefully the 3rd game will be for the 3DS.

XenoKarp
November 25th, 2010, 02:08 AM
I'll officially say that I'm getting all three only when I hear they definitely will make a third installment from the man himself.

But for now, I've already preordered both and I've payed them off. So once release comes around I just have to walk up to the counter and pick them up. I buy every single main-series Pokemon RPG when it comes out, so yeah.

I'll be progressing through White Version as my sister plays Black Version. I've already decided I would go with White, no particular reason why, I just determined I would play White as soon as I heard news of them (which was long before they revealed Rom and Ram or any of the exclusive stuff).

"Hey man, when u gettin' Black Ops??" - thousands of kids at my school who are currently playing Black Ops and want me to get it so I can join in on their zombie killing fest.
"What no, it's all about Black and White, man." - Me

Alinthea
November 25th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I would end up getting White and, most likely, the third game.

White has cooler pokemon, in my opinion.

Arms
November 26th, 2010, 04:05 AM
I'll be getting Black. Reason? Because my brother wants White. That's how it always plays out for us. He wants Pearl. Sure, I'll get Diamond. It always works out. We're constantly trading.

Hooh54
November 28th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Black, I always like the underdog Pokemon (Ho-Oh, Reshiram, Raikou) and Zekrom just doesn't appeal to me that much. I like Black's version exclusives better except for the fact that White has Wargle/Washibon.

★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one
Haven't got one, I'm patient.

and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?
Nope
Nope

dragoniteuser
November 28th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I think I'll wait for the third game...
They tend to be better then the first two, so...

ShreyasPokemon
November 28th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I am most likely to get Black since it has Honchkrow and the other Flyuing/Dark Exclusive. IMO, the Black City looks a lot better than the white forest and stronger pokemon FTW. pokemon > items.

Also, I like Reshiram over Zekrom. But, I like battling Zekrom since for some reason it just seems more powerful. The only part I hate about black is the fact that it has more rotation battles...

XBA
November 28th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I'm getting both.

But I'm going to get Black first. I like Reshiram more than Zekrom.

But when I get a job next summer and start making my own money, I'm going to buy White.

califf
December 4th, 2010, 03:06 AM
I would like to Pick Pokemon Black, as it's my favorite. but i also prefer Deluxe version of it.

kohei
December 4th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I like the atmosphere of Soryu City in White, but functionally, Black City seems much more interesting than White Forest.
Also White got shafted (a little) in regards to Wargle not being 100% exclusive to it, thanks to you-know-who.

This is coming from a guy who got White on release day for the sake of Ranculus.

scrotum
December 4th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Id go out for pokemon black if you ask me

Random Man2
December 4th, 2010, 05:23 AM
I'll be getting Pokémon Black, for the legendary Vast White Pokémon Reshiram.

Perrie ✿
December 4th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Grey

I'll be getting White in English, I wanted White in japanese but I got the wrong one -.-

I like the exclusives better; Zekrom, Seed bby and Wargle :D

mrunner4home
December 4th, 2010, 05:28 AM
I wanted black. then I wanted white. now I think I want black again :)

...what I've wanted since I first heard of the games was to get the third game. but I can't wait that long :laugh: but... if I get one of the first two I probably won't end up getting the third. :/ ... I'm more confused than I started out being lol. maybe I will get the third game too if there's enough of a difference from the first two. like emerald...I liked emerald compared to ruby/sapphire

MurasakiYugata
December 4th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I'm gonna get White. I just like the pokémon selection in it more. Caterpie, Mismagius, Zekrom.... Much better than their counterparts, IMO.

Tipped Out
December 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Im going for black. Seems pretty cool

dithyrambos
December 4th, 2010, 03:38 PM
All three. ALL THREEEEE. They're going to be my ( belated ) Christmas presents. Oh, except [Grey], because it's still another year+ away from being released, so I'm getting the guide/PokeDex with White and Black instead.

$90 without tax, oh yeah BB. That's the minimum of what it takes to be an extreme PokeNerd.

........And then I'm getting [Grey] when that comes out.

December 4th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I'm getting White. I like Zekrom a lot more than Reshiram, and I like being able to catch Pokemon in White Forest that you can only battle in Black City. The version that I've liked the most in every generation has been the most popular one, until now. When the games were first announced I thought White would be the more popular one, so I'm surprised that more people like Black and Reshiram.
I actually thought that White was the most famous but looking at the poll you are right Black is more famous...then again it was way more Famous than white even before they showed the Mascots...then White gained some popularity with Zekrom...

Platinummaster1
December 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I'm going for white because zekrom is awesome

December 4th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I'm going for white because zekrom is awesome
I agree Zekrom is so awesome :D!
I'm also getting white for it and because I said I was getting White since day one..

Everyone Esplode Noaw
December 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I am so getting White.

(For obvious Wargle related reasons.)

Sean
December 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I'm probably going to end up getting Black first. When I complete the game, if I wasn't sastified, I'll get white. Oh what a waste of money <3

Regeneration
December 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM
White! White! White!
I'm most probably going to get White because of White Forest and some other version exclusive Pokemon. But I still wanted to have Reshiram over Zekrom. :(

Twiggy
December 5th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I will be getting all three versions. Oh, and I have the Japanese versions of both games already. As for the English versions, I might get Black first. Why? Nothing in particular. Then it'll be White.

Eagledelt
December 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I played Black. Reshiram looks way cooler to me, plus I can go to Black City get stuff ;D

moobelle
December 5th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I usually get one of the first two games, then the third game. I'm going for White, then waiting for the third game.

I'm kinda surprised more people want black then white. I think the legend in white looks much better (I get mixed up with the names).

And I'm glad both legends are pretty awesome looking. I was disappointed with Dialga and Palkia tbh.

Waffle-San
December 5th, 2010, 07:38 PM
When Reshiram and Zekrom were announced my friend and I decided that I would get Black as I prefer Fire Chicken and he would get White as he prefers Generator Dragon. Yet now I'm kind of regretting it. I like Black City as I'm more of a battler than a Pokemon collector but that saying, the version exclusive Pokemon in White, in my opinion, are way better. Wargle I can live without but I wants my Rankurusu!!

December 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Both have their good and bad points, I'm certain that both of them are good :)

*Firestar*
December 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I am going to get all three xD Eventually... But, I would like to get Black first because I like the look of Reshiram, better than Zekrom.

December 6th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I'm getting both White and the third version for some reason I seem to get the second and third versions of each odd gen...(I also plan on getting the ruby remake...just how I got Firered in gen 3...)

faospark
December 7th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I have the white version and strongly believes that it is better than black

Zapdogre
December 7th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I'll be getting both. I would get one, but the two 3D cities are different, and I want to see both. I'll play Pokémon White first, because I really don't like Reshiram. Zekrom just looks much better.

altariaking
December 7th, 2010, 03:32 PM
White. Then I'll be getting Black. And then the third one. I already have all my teams picked out xD

Angelroid
December 7th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I am getting both, Black and White.

Misheard Whisper
December 7th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Going for White because Zekrom owns. And because Iris owns. And yeah, White Forest.

I'll get the third game as well. There was no option for that combination in the poll, though.

Froslass_Maniac
December 7th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Probably black, because I like Reshiram more than Zekrom. Let's just ignore the innuedo.. :$
★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?
Still have to wait until spring.. :(
I just buy one game, thats enough for me.
That would probably the best option if you want the best of the three, since the third is always an Upgraded version of the other two. However, that makes you eager if you know black and white are out and you have to wait another year to pass... So no, I won't go for that option.

Souta
December 8th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I have Black in Japanese right now, and then White in Spanish, :3

Roxichu
December 8th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I will inevitably be getting all three, just as I have since the first generation.

However, I'll be choosing White first, because Zekrom is simply awesome.

Pokeyomom
December 8th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Going for White, because Zek is beast.

Musica
December 9th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I guess I'll get all 3 games once I have enough cash and they get released here.

ISA56 2.0
December 9th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I'm getting all three games, but I'm getting White first simply because of Zekrom's awesomeness.

Christopher
December 9th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I plan to get Whit namely do to Rankurusu,White Forest and I like Zekrom's design and typing better than Resheram (Spelling?)

Roy-Chibi
December 9th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I have Black mainly because I'll be getting White in English~ ;x

And I'll get Grey version-whatever-it's-called too. Lol.
Kyurem = sexy.

-ty-
December 12th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Does anyone else understand why churine and monmen are exclusives when you can trade for the other one. I mean you just have to travel to the next city! I mean, maybe if it was like the 6th town or so, but the one right after you catch it?

MysticFlames
December 12th, 2010, 12:20 AM
White, definitely. Zekrom is just awesome, and I have this white theme going on, so I feel obligated to get it (I actually have Yin and Yang friendship necklace type things, and I happen to have the white portion).

Forever
December 12th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Does anyone else understand why churine and monmen are exclusives when you can trade for the other one. I mean you just have to travel to the next city! I mean, maybe if it was like the 6th town or so, but the one right after you catch it?

Well imo, it's to make Black not seem as bad, because most of the "popular" exclusives are in White (except Reshiram), while Black misses out on Churine, Wooguru, etc. So... to make it fairer, or something along those lines.

King Gumball
December 12th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Well imo, it's to make Black not seem as bad, because most of the "popular" exclusives are in White (except Reshiram), while Black misses out on Churine, Wooguru, etc. So... to make it fairer, or something along those lines.

Ummm what? lol, some people might like the pokemon in White better. I like the vulture better than the eagle. And Erufuun is very popular, I think more so than Doredia. I think it might be for those who are unable to trade, through Wi-Fi or any other means. So an ingame trade is necessary to help people fill their dex with pokemon they are unable to get any other way.

Forever
December 12th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Or alternatively that, but I just know that post people I've spoken to have said that White has better Pokemon. So, yeah. But still, even so, you'd need the other version exclusives to fill up the pokedex that are popular too. It's kinda strange tbh.

I'll still prefer White's Pokemon, though!

King Gumball
December 12th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Or alternatively that, but I just know that post people I've spoken to have said that White has better Pokemon. So, yeah. But still, even so, you'd need the other version exclusives to fill up the pokedex that are popular too. It's kinda strange tbh.

I'll still prefer White's Pokemon, though!

Yeah I still like White pokemon better as well, Yuniran FTW!! But I like Blacks legendary better. That is why I am going to get both, as well as so one of the games I can play seriously and get the events through, and the other I will muck around in and maybe restart a couple of times.

zoo3891
December 12th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I think i'm gonna get Black for the design of Shoyru(?) city and for Reshiram, then i'll probably buy the third game.

#197umbreon
December 13th, 2010, 10:16 AM
after playing R/S,i was little boared to play Emerald,because i already seen the land and pokemon.
this happend again; after i played D/P,Pt came out,and I was little bored to play sinoh again,even througe it had many new things.
this time i won't repeat the mistake. i will wait for the third game in GenV.

MrGriszell
December 13th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I dunno , i mean if you played it non stop for 2 years i can understand but i got white imported im on my 3rd time playing thru it and im not in the least bored. Im also planing on getting black and white when they come out in the U.S....If you can wait till the 3rd game ill give it to you , but for someone who truly enjoyed pokemon since red and blue came out i couldn't do it . Lol i couldn't even wait for the english version to come out

PlatinumDude
December 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I'll play the B/W games themselves, then the third game when it comes out.

Kaori
December 13th, 2010, 06:16 PM
We've already got an active thread on whether you might wait for the third game or not here, so continue on in this thread. :)

psychic7hr33
December 14th, 2010, 11:05 AM
White since I can catch Abra in White Forest...that's kind of a given!

Ashdude
December 15th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Getting Black. It just looks a tad cooler.

ShinyFufu
December 15th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Black. I like it's version exclusives more.

Giraffe
December 15th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Probably Black! Reshiram looks awesome. x3

Venya
December 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I wish I could get both just so I can get the houndour but thats like the only pokemon I want. Other then that I'm going to get white.

Sydian
December 15th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I have a Japanese White and I'll get an English Black. As for the third game, I might get an English and Japanese copy, since they're the best games for storage, but at the same time, they're the best games for playing through over and over. So I'd essentially have the best of both worlds.

Superjub
December 15th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Honestly, deciding whether to get Black or White when they come out in English is going to b hard for me. I mean, I like Reshiram more than Zekrom, so I should probably get Pokemon Black. However, I like White Forest and the version exclusives in Pokemon White more than the ones in Pokemon Black. I'm actually thinking about getting both, but I'm not sure yet.

Fushigidane-Chan
December 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I went with Japanese White, but only because I'm going to buy Black in the US once it's released, and that'll be my main version.

I'll be picking up the third game if it has enough new features, and it damn better, considering how lackluster the games are in a few certain areas.

itari
December 15th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I will be getting Pokemon White. This is because I think Zekrom is waaay better than Reshiram, and then I'll get the third one, for the new features it will have, and bigger pokedex.

Haus of Dye
December 17th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I want both but will probably end up getting Black. One of the reasons for that is cause there is a pokemon in the black version that you can't get in the white...and I want it (Gothiruselle)

Le Creep!
December 19th, 2010, 02:05 AM

I'm going to get Pokemon Black (:

I've not got one of the games yet. I'm waiting for the Australian version.

I'm not getting both.

I will try and buy the third game. (if there is one?)

Miss Doronjo
December 19th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Lets see....

I'm getting pokemon White because of the exclusives. Like the white forest; I always prefer catching pokemon and raising them rather than battling strong ones. Also, cause of Zekrom; I kind of like that one better. For me, Triple Battles are more interesting than rotation battles, so I'm looking forward to that too. And lastly, cause I love Iris. ^^ So it'd be cool to battler her. XP

The only thing I would be regretting if I get White is simply that I won't get the exclusive pokemon from black; like Reshiram, Erufuun, etc. I might get both to check out the Black City and the pokemon; just like why I chose to get both: Ruby and Sapphire. Mmm, if there's a third game, I'll get that too. Maybe it'll be like Platinum and both Legendaries are involved and there's a third? Well see if there is a third game.

faospark
December 19th, 2010, 09:19 AM
white feels more like a pokemon game, i'll go for my white version

Haza
December 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I'll be getting both but Black will be my main game since I feel like it suits me better and I like Black City way more than White Forest.

Diamond1304
December 31st, 2010, 01:48 AM
I've decided on Black. Reasons: I like Reshiram more than Zekrom ,the idea of having a robotic dragon legendary gives me the creeps. IMO Black City is a far better choice than White Forest cos who needs previous Gen Pokemon when you can roll with the new cooler ones? And besides, training is much more important than catching Pokemon. Anyways, I'm more of a technology person than a nature being. I don't really like 100% female Pokemon like Churine cos I rather catch Pokemon for my own gender, don't ask me why, I don't know either. I really hope that there won't be a 3rd game like Platinum cos to me, it shows that Nintendo just want to dump the 1st 2 games for a so-called better 3rd game, but if they do come out and is better and nice, I'll get it but my main priority is Black. And the name Gray sounds kinda lowly and lame for a version name. I mean, Gray version? Really doesn't click. >.< Black and White names really stick to the theme of Yin and Yang and balance in the world. Gray seems to make the whole game dull and monotonous. Another reason why i chose Black is because my friend is getting White so we can get what we don't have by trading with one another. ^^ But a few regrets, I really want Yuniran over Gochi-whatsit'sname but as my desire for BLack overpowers mine for White, I'm sticking with Black and anyway, my friend is gonna trade that to me, hehe. And yeah, that's all, I don't thnk there's any difference between both games other than the exclusive Pokemon so there's not much to fuss about.

Haonn
December 31st, 2010, 05:41 AM
I'll be getting White first, probably wait until ( if) they make a third, buy that and then buy Black since it will be a bit cheaper then xd.

Raichupacabra
December 31st, 2010, 06:27 AM
I'll be getting White first, probably wait until ( if) they make a third, buy that and then buy Black since it will be a bit cheaper then xd.

i do sorta the same thing
Get Black
Wait for "Grey"
Get White just for fun

Dooonerz
December 31st, 2010, 06:38 AM
I'll be getting White, because it has Rankurusu and Wargle, but then I'll get Black when the price drops, and by that time the third game will be out, so I'll get that too. x3

Symbiosis
December 31st, 2010, 09:25 AM
I plan on buying pokemon black when it is released in america.

Haowakeorden
December 31st, 2010, 01:12 PM
I think I'm actually going to get both Black and White, and I'll get the third game depending on how many improvements/additions there are (so far looks likely).

TheChaosBlue
December 31st, 2010, 01:16 PM
I have a twin brother, so while he's getting Black I'm getting White. I have to save my money though...

GlitchCity
December 31st, 2010, 10:31 PM
I plan on playing Pokemon Black, but I ended up pre-ordering both black and white :\ who knew a 9 year old could have that much persuasion on a 17 year old? lol

shinx95
January 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Gosh, I still can't decide on which version I'm buying.

I was planning on buying both on release day but then... But then I found out that the 3DS also comes out in March and I am running low on money, so er... T_T

I like Reshiram so much more and also Black City but then... Then I really decided that I wanted a Wargle and so... So I think that I'm going to end up buying White...? Hmph, so difficult to decide! D;

Pokestick, good times.
January 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM
I'll go for Black, because of the techno music and the graceful Reshiram xD

I'll most likely buy the third game too, though.

Eli
January 16th, 2011, 12:21 AM
White due to it's exclusives.

이큐리
January 16th, 2011, 12:58 AM
I'm getting both games because I'm collecting the Pokemon DS games. I'm going to play through White first (White Forest), then Black. If a third game comes out...I'll probably get that too. ^_^

inomoo221
January 16th, 2011, 01:30 AM
I guess I prefer White over Black. Mainly because I'd rather explore a big forest than a big city. Also, White has Reuniclus and Doredia, and I want both of them, they're just too cool. Meh, I'll also probably end up getting the third game as well.

Roughsponge
January 16th, 2011, 02:44 AM
I think I'm going to get white, mainly because of the version exclusives and white forest.

Plus I think Zekrom looks better (yes I am judging by the cover..;))

Ian Watkins
January 16th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I think White, because I prefer White Forest to Black City. And I prefer Dorieda and My Blobby, so yeah. xD

pokewalker
January 16th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Black of course :P If you choose white you are a racist plus Black sounds cooler and I prefer Reshiram so yeah

Mod note: Please refrain from making accusations as to whether people purchasing White are racist or not.

Hoenn
January 16th, 2011, 04:49 AM
I'm surprised that more people voted for White as people normally go for the first came (Red, Gold, Sapphire, Fire Red, Diamond, Heart Gold) but I prefere White, so I will be getting Pokémon White.

Ronin
January 16th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I've been if-ing and but-ing for a while now, then I noticed them both up for Pre-order on Amazon and I just automatically did the 1-click buy now on Pokémon White... I suppose I have my answer then. I'll probably get Black a little bit later, after having had time to have done everything in White (I always do). Usually I check out the version exclusives (not the legendaries, just the regular Poke's) and decide if either has a Pokémon that I really want otherwise it's just which one has the cooler case.

...So is it the 4th March yet? ;)

Lexxy
January 16th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'll probably be getting White.

Doredia < - do want badly
Braviary < - also do want badly
I'm not really fond of the Legendary though but I can always trade I guess and get the other one.
White Forest :D
I love how Pokemon White is more like a natural theme. I'm not really loving the technological theme in Black

Eurydice
January 16th, 2011, 01:01 PM
i will be getting both when they are released. i have them both in japanese already and love them. i will probably start with white just because i started with black when i played them in japanese. and i will definitely get the third game prob in both languages as well. (complete set ^_^)

Miluiel
January 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM
If I could afford it, I'd get both (or even all three). But since I can't afford that, I'll just go with white for the White Forest. ^_^

Hoenn
January 16th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I will get White first then Black, then the third game.

Rawrinism
January 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I am going to get both. :D
I just love the white forest but I don't like black city. I like Reshiram but I don't like Zekrom. :p

Gl!tch
January 17th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Black. The legendary just looks cooler imo. I just wish the rest of the new gen pokemon looked good D:

olih
January 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'm getting White, cos I think Zekrom looks awesome
Also, they're making a third game?

Speed
January 19th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I pre ordered Black, since I saw so many people are going to get White, and I prefer some of the exclusives in Black more. But I'll get White eventually.

Storm_has_formed
January 19th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I decided White, though it could change in a few minutes, and again in another few minutes -_-

Westie7
January 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I'm picking White, at least for my main game.
I was going for Black originally, but then they revealed Zekrom and his awesomeness switched me over to White.
I also prefer Reunculus (Sp?) and Basurao Blue to Gothitelle and Red Stripe form. And Nageki, I like him too.

KurcioDurcio
January 19th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Black. dunno how just though of that first.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
January 23rd, 2011, 01:44 AM
I got both versions in Japanese and I think both of them are awesome!! I like White because of the triple battles and the White forest and I like Black because of Reshiram and Black city ★

Btw- How did u guys set ur signature as pokemon teams? ★ XD

TehPsychicTypeMaster
January 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I've preordered Black, a while ago. It just seems more appealing, and the legendary is cooler. I love the Technological theme for Black City and Souryuu City.

ゼクロム
January 24th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Pokemon White FTW. Pokemon Black's legendary is garbage, no offense.

cttooch
January 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM
i see a bunch of you said you are getting both. why get both aren't they the same game?sorry i'm still a beginner

KitKat13
January 28th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I am going to get both, since sometimes my cousin is playing as well, so I could let him borrow the other. :) ..

Regeneration
January 28th, 2011, 04:44 AM
i see a bunch of you said you are getting both. why get both aren't they the same game?sorry i'm still a beginner
Yes, they are basically the same, but there are a few version differences present.

One of them being Black City and White Forest which are present exclusively in Pokemon Black and White respectively. The mascots of the two games are also different; Reshiram and zekrom being two and there are several other version exclusive Pokemon as well.

These three links will provide you with in-depth details on the differences:
Area Differences (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/versioncity.shtml)
Pokemon differences (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/exclusives.shtml)
Battle Differences
(http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/versionbattle.shtml)

NejiForce
January 28th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Zekrom rules IF theres a third(witch will earliest after Ruby remake)
I´ll "buy" play it to;)

Cherrim
January 28th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I already got Black and now I'll be getting White.

I was a little torn over which version to get. On the one hand, I always get the "first" game in the sets. (RED and blue, GOLD and silver, RUBY and sapphire, DIAMOND and pearl, etc.) On the other hand, I really disliked Reshiram and wanted to get Zekrom. xD; Luckily, I realized that didn't matter if I was going to import one of them and get the other in English. So that's exactly what I did. I pre-ordered Black in Japanese and now I've got my pre-order set for White in English. :) Problem solved!

MysticFlygon
January 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Like many other people, I'll be getting white because it has better version exclusives and I like Zekrom's type better than Reshiram's. I still might end up getting both and then all three like I did with Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

kissing. raindrops
January 28th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I wanna get White, cause of White Forest, and the version exclusive Pokemon. :3

Alternative
January 28th, 2011, 09:47 PM
This is actually a hard decision for me. I want White for Seedbby, and I also want Black for Reshiram. I'm leaning towards Black though, as I can always get someone to trade me a Seedbby egg. :D

Backup
January 28th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I ended up preordering Black Version.

I'm not sure why, but White Forest didn't seem that appealing to me. Black City sounds interesting.

Though I like some of the version exclusives in White Version a bit better, I think that I'll be happy with Black. :)

Pokemon Master Derrville
January 28th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I think Ill be getting both. I heard that you can hook up with a buddy and explore Unova together and if that holds up Ill be getting White and my brother will get Black.

DefiningTheDecade
January 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I say White.. the exclusives just yell it in my face.. can't help but give the bout to them

Elsword
January 29th, 2011, 12:05 AM
White has Lilligant, Zekrom, and Braviary.

I'm choosing White.

NejiForce
January 29th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I played white allready and i think the white forrest is great!I found there cool Pokis like the Steal thing from Hoenn Magby Elekid and other babypoki.
(black city will have two trainers to defeat and some stones for evolving...)

FrostPheonix
January 29th, 2011, 04:14 AM
The third game. But, if they don't announce anything about it before march, I'll probably go with white. Dont want to miss the events.

GlitchCity
February 10th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I perfer Black, only for 2 reasons: Im a techy-head, and Reshiram :3 But I am also getting White so I can get Braviary :]

miley810
February 10th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks Forever.Looks like black is the better catch for me.It seems like the cuter pokemon are one it,and Reshiam.But then of corse Reuiniclus is on black,but if the both have Audio then I'm fine.I like white forest...but black city seems nice 2.hmmm well I have 2 weeks 2 diside cause around the end of then we will be pre-ordering mine.I like black's Souryuu city better.Looks like I'll pick black.

Raith775
February 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Im getting both! i collect them!

theowlmanlives
February 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I'm gonna get White and the third game if there is one just like with diamond and platinum. Well I might get Black, decisions, decisions.

Kokuo
February 10th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I'm getting both and the third game whenever it comes out.

Axeliira
February 10th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I'll be getting White. The concept of the "White Forest" got me interested. If possible I might purchase the third game as well.

TheUnown
February 11th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Black mainly 'cause of Reshiram xDD;. I don't really care too much for the exclusive pokemon in White =/

Hoenn
February 11th, 2011, 04:21 AM
White has Briviary included and I prefere White to Black

Rai
February 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I am getting Black because black is one of my favorite colors and I like the white legendary better :3

Empoleon09
February 12th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Im still Undiecided if i should get white or if i should get black?

and no i dont want both versions lol

im thinking white but what about black?

bwburke94
February 23rd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Assuming I have the money (I have about $65 for video games right now) I'll get both. To me, the version differences are minimal (even the eighth gym is basically the same.)

Pokegirlk
February 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I still dont know which one i am going to get first!

February 23rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
I think I am going to purchase pokemon black, originally I had white planned but now that I know about the differences black city has gotten me interested.

Chadlington
February 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Yea im the name...just the opposited though. I had planned for black...but now i think i want white. I'll have to see which one my friend wants. X|

1Roxas
February 23rd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Im going to get white and the third game if they make one

Barn
February 25th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Thank you Zackraa for that image!

White for me because of the more Triple Battles, they look better to me than Rotation. Zekrom and Braviary are awesome, and I'd rather catch Pokemon in White Forest than battle them in Black City. (even though it looks pretty cool.)

I might end up getting Black later, though.

Don Daddio
February 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
i really wanted to get black, but after reading some of the reviews of it on here, i'm now getting white!!!!

Rich Boy Rob
February 25th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I pre-ordered Black, primarily because of Black City. Cities are way cooler than forests and Black City looks awesome.

★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?[/s]

I may get White some time in the future, though that is unlikely. I will just trade for the exclusives.

I will almost definitely buy Grey (or whatever they decide to call it) when it comes out as well.

Bluerang1
February 25th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Ah, White is taking over.

I wonder, if Zekrom was in Black, would I have prefered it? At first sight it was Zekrom I liked but even before seeing the Legends, at the game titles revelations, I said it was Black I'd go with. So I sorta had to prefer Reshiram and I now fully do. It's awesome! But I'm missing out on Braviary and Petilil, though you can trade for one in-game.

Carthx
February 25th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I'll be getting white, pretty much just for Braviary. Although I'm also buying my girlfriend a copy of Black so we can play through the games and trade together.

Guy
February 25th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm purchasing both, but White will be my primary game since Black is going to my sister. Originally, I was going to get Black, but because of exclusive reasons - specifically Zekrom and Reuniclus - I ended up choosing White for myself.

More than likely, if and when a third version is released I'll get that too.

mysticjoshgaming
February 25th, 2011, 11:41 AM
i will get both though i prefer white.

Imperator161
February 25th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I'm getting both games (and the third game, when it comes out), as I've done for most generations. Whenever I don't buy both games to begin with, I end up wanting the additional game at a later point, and then I have to make a separate trip to go buy it. I figure I might as well save myself the time and stress and recognize that I'm going to want every main Pokemon game that comes out, so I might as well buy them while they're still readily available (I learned my lesson when I tried to buy Emerald a couple of years after release and couldn't find it anywhere).

Also, I would like to be able to trade locally to complete my Pokedex, and since I don't have any reliable Pokemon-playing friends (the only one who plays at all doesn't play much), I'd like to have both games so that I can trade with myself whenever I see fit. Wifi does help with the trading aspect, but there are times when it can be really useful to be able to securely trade without worrying about someone cutting off the connection.

Having multiple games also gives me a chace to get more event Pokemon, which is always useful, not that I have much time to go to events these days.

I'm still debating which game is going to be my main game. I'm leaning towards White at the moment, but I'm sure I'll switch back and forth a few more times before release. Either way, I'll probably try to build decent teams on both.

Togakiss
February 25th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I'm going to get White because I like the aesthetic appeal to it. I'd rather have certain places look rustic instead of hi-tech and what not. White Forest also had to do with my decision a bit also, but not much. I think I'd rather have the choice to catch a variety of Pokemon instead of battling them. All in all, I'm very excited for the release. :)

leov91
February 25th, 2011, 01:41 PM
im going to go with black mainly because of the rotation battles. ive always disliked 2 on 2 and i know i will hate 3 on 3 so rotation sounds better?

Gulpin
February 25th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I'll be getting White due to the version differences. Originally I was going to get Black first, but White looks much more appealing.
I'll eventually get Black just like I usually get the other one. I'm hoping to get it around Easter, but maybe I'll get it before then. I always like to get a copy of each.
I'll also be getting the third game, but I won't be waiting for it before buying any of the games.

staryu_beast
February 25th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Black Version!!! The exclusives are way better. Black City is the bomb. Plus Reshiram is way cooler than Zekrom. The reason i picked black though is just cuz of back city ahha.

Dudypokefan89
February 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I Am getting White mainly because of my love of Reuniclus, but i think the idea of white forest over black city had something to do with it also.
I will probably get the 3rd game when it comes out too.

PiPVoda
February 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Black, ftw. I love Reshiram more than Zekrom.

レイジングブラスト
February 25th, 2011, 06:10 PM
There's no way I'll be able to wait for the third version so I'll just go out and get White simply because I like Zekrom better than Reshiram. I also like the White Forest better than Black City.

Chadlington
February 25th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Ill get black...and then get white later down the track...maybe get Grey or whatever when it comes out.

Astinus
February 25th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I'm getting both, though White is going to be my main game. I'm getting both because I won't have someone local to trade with, and I'm sorry to say that I'm not too trusting of Wi-Fi trading (unless I know the person). I'd like to have all the Unova Pokemon, and getting both games is the only way I can make that possible.

I won't be getting the third game, however. Not sure why, but I don't really play the third game of a series unless I have a good reason to want to. (Hi, Yellow.)

Captain Hobo.
February 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I am getting White because of White Forest it looks so cool. Also you can find rare items and catch rare pokemon:D

Mykemyday
February 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Definitely black, I much prefer cities to forests haha.

SonicTH
February 26th, 2011, 01:59 PM
White,because there are Zekrom and Rankurusu)) I don't have DS, so I will try run this game on emulator.

travisjb90
February 27th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I am getting White because I like Zekrom. My brother is getting Black too so I will be getting the opposite of his. I like all the version exclusives. Reuniclus, Braviary and Thundrus rock.I like White Forest too. I want to battle Iris as well. I really like White Forest. I like how it is supposed to be more natural than Black City. I really like that you can find the first stages of a lot of Pokemon from other places in it. That is another big reason why I am getting White.

Weavile05
February 27th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I'll probably be getting White, specifically because of Zekrom.
I hope I don't regret that lol, though from what I've seen, I don't think I will.

RYOUKI
February 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I love Reshiram but... WHITE IS SUPERIOR.

I reeeeeeeally want to get Black, but if I was to get most of my money I'm going to take White. I was actually planning on getting both, but I need to save my money and buy an iPhone.

HinaBaby
February 27th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I usually get one of the first two games, then the third game. I'm going for White, then waiting for the third game.

I'm kinda surprised more people want black then white. I think the legend in white looks much better (I get mixed up with the names).

And I'm glad both legends are pretty awesome looking. I was disappointed with Dialga and Palkia tbh.

sqwat500
February 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Ill have both because my two brothers are getting one each

TTC
February 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I'll be going for White simply because of the White Forest. I'm not as concerned about the legendaries or exclusives.

Heart Gold
February 28th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Zekrom looks completely stupid to me so I'm going with Reshiram. He looks amazing.

bwburke94
February 28th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I pre-ordered both on Amazon, and so did my brother. (We each got one $10 credit due to an agreement between us.)

PPB_All-Stars
February 28th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Back in September when i was trying to decide which one to pre-order, it was a really tough desicion (yes, i pre-ordered 6 months ago) but after careful concideration, I chose White. White has better version exclusive Pokemon, and it has ZEKROM!!!!!

TheMysteryEgg
February 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I would probably get black because my friends are all getting white because they liked the look of Zekrom. I think there are a few pokemon differences between the two games so they be begging me for some.

Woobat
February 28th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I couldn't decide on which one to get, but I ended up reserving white because my friend plans on getting black. I'll end up buying black at some point of course, though.

BBA_Beyblader_321
February 28th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I'm gonna get Black..... But I REALLY want Wargle!!!!!!!!!! >_<

axman11224
February 28th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I think I'll get White, just cause I think Zekrom is awesome. Awesomely boring and generic reason, I know, but it works!

Venomoth Z
February 28th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Well, at first l had my eyes set on getting white, but change my mind and decided l would go and pre-order black, Reshiram has grown on my and me being a nerd and all black city seems like a cool place. Probably has something to do with it not being as popular as White right now.

soϲks
February 28th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I reserved Black. Overall, I prefer most of its game-specific Pokemon (Reuniclus noooo!) and I like Reshiram a lot more than Zekrom. My brothers are both getting White, though, so I'm covered on all my bases. :rambo:

edit: also, yeah, Black seems less popular than White (probably because everyone's like "ooo zekrom ooo"), which probably lends to why I like it more.

MrGriszell
March 1st, 2011, 12:01 AM
im surprised theres not more people getting all 3 i know i am

Kninj
March 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
White! I'll be getting the third game to most likely, but for now white is good. Mainly for white forest, i must admit. I'm more of a collector than a battler xD

King Gumball
March 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
im surprised theres not more people getting all 3 i know i am

Well it will be quite some time before the third game will be released, if it ever is made in the first place XD But I am betting both. Not straight away but I will get both games.

PPB_All-Stars
March 1st, 2011, 03:27 PM
I'm gonna get Black..... But I REALLY want Wargle!!!!!!!!!! >_<

remember, i could trade you one over wifi.

and also, why do people seem to bash zekrom so much. He is so much cooler then reshiram

Lando81
March 1st, 2011, 03:33 PM
I'll be picking up White and then The Ruby Remake next year and then Grey after that.

Superjub
March 2nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
I'm hoping to get both. My birthday is next month so so I will get White then. I should be getting Black Saturday morning, thanks to my Dad. ^^

Hoenn
March 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'm surprised at the poll results, I actually expected the oposite to what I saw (Black having more votes than White) but I'm happy because hardly any of the games that come after the first are chosen

Red & Blue
Gold & Silver
Sapphire & Ruby
Fire Red & Leaf Green
Diamond & Pearl
Heart Gold & Soul Silver
Black & White

What I mean is everyone seems to go for the game that's said first of the two games, as shown above, well thats what I think plus I prefere White to Black, although I think it's mainly to do with Zekrom & Reshiram being on oposite games to their colour.

I'm surprised at the poll results, I actually expected the oposite to what I saw (Black having more votes than White) but I'm happy because hardly any of the games that come after the first are chosen

Red & Blue
Gold & Silver
Sapphire & Ruby
Fire Red & Leaf Green
Diamond & Pearl
Heart Gold & Soul Silver
Black & White

What I mean is everyone seems to go for the game that's said first of the two games,
as shown above, well thats what I think plus I prefere White to Black, although I think it's mainly to do with Zekrom & Reshiram being on oposite games to their colour.
But yeah, back on topic, I'm getting White on Friday, reserved at Game, not long now!

miley810
March 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
I have pre-ordered black.Why?Because I love Reshiram and I like cuter pokemon and the pokemon on black are cuter to me.I plan to one day get white or the 3rd game,which I think is ganna be named grey cause I want the solosis line,but I can always try to trade a exclusive from my game for one of them when I get a rounter thats compatable with my ds or dsi

lamby101
March 2nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
After a lot of thought I've decided to get White! I based it on the version exclusives (as anyone would I suppose)

First of all I prefer the White Forest over Black City, the Forest just looks more like pokemon to me.

The version exclusive pokemon was tough, I decided to just compare the new gen pokemon and choose from there. It turned out that the two legendary (roaming and the one on the front of the case, can't remember names off the top of my head) that swayed it for me.

I'm pretty sure I'll never use them, but it helped nonetheless :)

DuskBlader
March 2nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
I've got to go with Pokemon White! Can't wait for the White Forest and the exclusives for this game!

miley810
March 2nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
I do plan to one day get white as well but that will be the distent future I believe,and I like fighting trainers more then wild pokemon and I can do that anywhere else in that game pretty much.

WolfAlchemist
March 2nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
White. At first I was thinking of getting Black until I heard how the legendaries were 'switched' around. I find Zekrom more appealing then Reshiram(I've probably spelled that wrong). Black & blue is one of my favorite color schemes. Also, once I had looked up the exclusives for both versions...I was sold on White. Poochyena & Rufflet? Yess. Already preordered White. Of course I'll get Black eventually & whatever third version they'll make.

Hoenn
March 3rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Yup, tomorrow morning (early, at around 10ish) I'm getting in the car and going to GAME where I reserved/Pre-Ordered it on 19th Feb during Celebi event and getting White, then I will probally be playing for a reaaaly long time :D

skyluigi2
March 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Hehehe...
I'll be playing White this time tomorrow.
But I'll have been playing for about five minutes xD

.Aero
March 3rd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Well I'll eventually be getting all three, when I have the money and when the third installment releases, and therefore I voted "All Three".

However, I'm starting with White as it has the best pokemon, and I like the nature vs. industry type style that the two games hold, and I'm more a nature guy myself. Also Zekrom is awesome, and the version exclusive pokemon are just generally better in White. :]

Zvezda
March 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I picked Black for Reshiram. <3 It will arrive tomorrow! :D

silvanarrow
March 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I was originally going to go with Black because I prefer Reshiram and like the color black over white. However, once I learned that Rufflet/Braviary were exclusive to White, I had to switch. Normally I choose my game based on the preferred legendary, but this time I picked because I simply adore Braviary and need a flying type for my team. In all the other generations I've gone with the starting bird (Pidgey, Taillow, Starly), but the Pidove line...sorry, just can't do it. Unfezant just looks...strange to me. Zekrom has grown on me since then, and the only time I really use legendaries anyway is when I'm battling with my friends casually.

iSoul
March 4th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I will get all three over time, but the first one I am getting Black.