PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Dream World Discussion

Forever
November 2nd, 2010, 10:54 PM
This thread will cater for both Dream World Art discussion, as well as general Dream World discussion. Along with this, it covers the Global Link (http://www.pokemon-gl.com/), as well (considering the conversations take similar paths).

Recently, there has been some Dream World Art released (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&redirs=1&search=Dream.PNG&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&ns6=1). Not all, but a great portion of both B/W Pokemon and older Pokemon.

★ What's your opinion of the Dream World? Have you used it?
★ Do you like the fact that you get both Sugimori Art as well as Dream World art? Does this make you like the look of Pokemon more than the Sugimori Art (of what we've seen)?
★ Which Pokemon looks best in Dream World Art to you?

I haven't used the Dream World and I won't be doing so until the English release, so I don't have many opinions of it right now. Some of the Dream World art, especially Chillarmy's, actually makes me like a lot more Pokemon, though as stated in the general opinions thread, the small trash bag looks terrible with the Dream World art, so I guess it can't please everyone.

Zet
November 3rd, 2010, 12:58 AM
I have to say that Dream World's concept is interesting, but I will have to find out upon the English release of Black.

November 3rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
It is great. Though I cannot understand what I am doing sometimes, it is pretty amazing

Lance
November 3rd, 2010, 11:47 AM
xD

I really like the art. But some look a lot better than others, that's for sure. Datsudodasu looks hideous. D:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6630&pictureid=49177

Perrie ✿
November 3rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
I used the Dream world alot. Brought back quite a few Pokemon aswell (: I decided to go back into the Dream world after I complete my game again. I'm getting White this or next week spoilt so double Dream world. I like the new art, must of took forever since every Pokemon got it. I thought only 5th generation would have D:.
I haven't seen em' all but my favorite so far is Doredia I think >>;

ralary
November 3rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
I wanna download a lot pokemon,any ideas?

Gilgαmesh
November 3rd, 2010, 07:35 PM
(I haven't posted here in forever. I really need to start posting here more).

I'm currently looking at the dream world art for the first gen. Decent for the most part, not too bad for most of the Pokemon, though some others look sorta cheesy. Some others look really cute, though.

Gen II has definitely caused some surprise for me, it's definitely cuter than I expected for it to be.

Gen III is okay for the most part. :( There's really not much to be said here, but instead of boring people going Generation through generation, I'll just say that I'm pretty satisfied with the current Dream World Art, they're really cute. ♥

And although I am a really picky person, I can't say who looks best in Dream World Art, there are too many close competitions and I think every Pokemon looks cute in their own way.

Forever
November 3rd, 2010, 07:51 PM
I wanna download a lot pokemon,any ideas?
By downloading Pokemon, do you mean transfer them to your games from the Dream World? Just making sure~

Also, Datsudodasu does indeed look terrible... I'm still afraid of its pre-evo even more, though. :(

Lance
November 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
Aside from the obvious one ^, I think the DW art is really great. It really helps out some Pokemon.

Example:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6630&pictureid=49171

Kokoromori is adorable. <3

Team Fail
November 3rd, 2010, 09:13 PM
I have yet to use it, I'm too lazy. -_- I want to use it, but I am way too busy. What is the interface like?

Garringman
November 4th, 2010, 02:13 PM
My only problem with it is the fact that Aaken and Archeos aren't in the Dream World Purotooga and Abagoura are both of them have nice abilities and dream world gives it another pretty good ability, but the Aaken family has this Faint Heart ability that makes him weaker when he's low on health and I haven't been able to completely test it out but I feel like it might take it down too low and he doesn't even get an extra ability without Dream World. Plus I know they would have had amazing Dream World art.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
November 4th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Aside from the obvious one ^, I think the DW art is really great. It really helps out some Pokemon.

Example:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6630&pictureid=49171

Kokoromori is adorable. <3
For some reason it's dream world art reminds me of Munchlax...must be the smile...

Perrie ✿
November 4th, 2010, 04:35 PM
ZOMFG. Kokoromori, is so fricken adorable <3 I want it, that art has changed my complete view of it, you are no longer a crap Pokemon<3

I love... >.< Damn... erm, Oh! yeah XD Ivysaur's DW art, it's eye's look better in purple ;D

Greenbeans
November 4th, 2010, 04:39 PM
ZOMFG. Kokoromori, is so fricken adorable <3 I want it, that art has changed my complete view of it, you are no longer a crap Pokemon<3

I love... >.< Damn... erm, Oh! yeah XD Ivysaur's DW art, it's eye's look better in purple ;D
ya it is really cool :D just try not to say damn :D

fenyx4
November 4th, 2010, 05:56 PM
xD

I really like the art. But some look a lot better than others, that's for sure. Datsudodasu looks hideous. D:

I LOL every time I see that picture. :cer_laugh: Hope to see it being used in a meme soon.

I haven't used the Dream World and probably won't be doing so until the release of Pokemon "Gray" Version. The concept of the Dream World is intriguing at first, but I dislike some of it. For example, couldn't the Isshu Pokemon with new abilities there just have their abilities implemented in the game, resulting with a 1/3 chance of getting a certain ability.

Also, this is more nit-picky, but I wish certain Pokemon had their abilities released in Generation IV (this applies to pre-Gen 5 Pokemon). For example, I intend on getting HeartGold at one point, and it has Ho-Oh as its mascot. However, HG Ho-Oh only has the Pressure ability available at its disposal. Dream World Ho-Oh, if released, has the seemingly more fitting ability Regeneration to reference its phoenix-like status. Since I'm planning to use the DW Ho-oh, I won't be able to migrate the version mascot of HeartGold. Plus, it messes up my PokeBall capturing theme, as I tend to catch version mascots with Master Balls. AFAIK, in Generation V, I'll have to use the Dream Ball to catch it instead... :(

Finally, I'm hoping Nintendo/Game Freak release all Pokemon variants that can gain new abilities via Dream World. If the list of Pokemon actually released in Dream World is incomplete compared to the number programmed into the game, it'll be disappointing...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
November 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I'm don't think they will release all pokemon for the Dream world until after R/S remakes (if there are any) are out for some time to make R/S remakes more attractive as some pokemon would be obtainable only though R/S remakes which DW would make less attractive to some (not me I would buy it either way) if they were to release all the Hoenn Pokemon especially the Legendary pokemon of that region around BW part of this generation

Forever
November 5th, 2010, 02:00 AM
A Dream World giveaway has been announced~

Starting in September, as we reported back then, there was a poll to decide which of the previous 493 Pokémon were the most popular with the winner being given away over the Dream World. The poll ended yesterday and the winner has been decided as Arceus. Arceus doesn't have a special ability and is at Level 100. You can download it from the Dream World to Black & White from now until January 31st, but you need the password you obtained when you voted in the poll.

From Serebii. I wonder how often these polls will be, strange that the people who didn't vote in the poll don't get it, though. Maybe trying to encourage more people to visit the official site? Idk. XD;

PlatinumDude
November 5th, 2010, 02:38 AM
A Dream World giveaway has been announced~

From Serebii. I wonder how often these polls will be, strange that the people who didn't vote in the poll don't get it, though. Maybe trying to encourage more people to visit the official site? Idk. XD;
Arceus? I wonder if it'll have any special moves? Maybe the signature moves of Reshiram and Zekrom?

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Kumashun's art is awesome! just look at it:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/41/613Kumasyun_Dream.png

Germaniac
November 5th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Today I was searching who win the popularity poll on the internet and I found it, it's Arceus! Hurray!, so we now can get it, it's Lv.100 with multitype ability :)

Forever
November 5th, 2010, 05:25 AM
This is currently being discussed in the Dream World thread, since Arceus is given out via the Dream World, so merged~

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Today I was searching who win the popularity poll on the internet and I found it, it's Arceus! Hurray!, so we now can get it, it's Lv.100 with multitype ability :)

Too sad I didn't vote... now I can't get Arceus! DX

Bluemoon
November 5th, 2010, 05:27 AM
is dream world really exciting?
im just curious...

Forever
November 5th, 2010, 05:28 AM
You could probably ask for the password off someone who has voted, but the chances of them giving it away would be pretty low. :x

Germaniac
November 5th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Too sad I didn't vote... now I can't get Arceus! DX
Isn't everyone can get it?
I was actually wanted to vote, I've find Arceus, but it's japanese, so I didn't poll, to bad :'(, hope there's an english one

Forever
November 5th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Only those who voted on the poll can get it through the password they got when voting, sadly.

Germaniac
November 5th, 2010, 05:47 AM
10. Mewtwo
9. Jirachi
8. Rayquaza
7. Eevee
6. Shaymin
5. Mew
4. Pikachu
3. Deoxys
2. Darkrai
1. Arceus

It's the top 10

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 06:23 AM
You could probably ask for the password off someone who has voted, but the chances of them giving it away would be pretty low. :x

The codes you use to get them aren't a code that anyone can use. For example, a code was given with the purchase of Pokemon Pia for the Kanto starters, but as if it was a code for a lottery, it's different for each one.
So no one can really tell you the code for either unless they didn't want/use the Kanto and Sinnoh starters.

This is what ozymandis said to me on PJ. So I can't ask someone, because they already used the code (unless they didn't)

Forever
November 5th, 2010, 06:30 AM
That's what I meant. XD Ask someone to give you their code, which is why I said the chances of giving them away was low. XD;;

Anyways, any other ideas on the Pokemon you think will be the next Dream World event Pokemon and why? Oh and do you think they'll re-release Arceus when the English games come out?

Germaniac
November 5th, 2010, 06:45 AM
That's what I meant. XD Ask someone to give you their code, which is why I said the chances of giving them away was low. XD;;

Anyways, any other ideas on the Pokemon you think will be the next Dream World event Pokemon and why? Oh and do you think they'll re-release Arceus when the English games come out?
I think it'll be another poll, hope Arceus win again :D

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 06:50 AM

Here is the Arceus code: さばきのつぶて :DDDDDDDDDD
I got it at YouTube! Thanks to ranberth!

Germaniac
November 5th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Here is the Arceus code: さばきのつぶて :DDDDDDDDDD
I got it at YouTube! Thanks to ranberth!
Everyone can use it??? This's not spam

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Everyone can use it??? This's not spam

yes I got it from ranberth and I've already entered it and it works! :D so I guess everyone can use it, because I think ranberth already used it.

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I could not find an PGL discussion thread so I decided to make one.
Here you can ask any question about the GLOBAL LINK so NOT the dream world, but features like the GBU and how to sign up, etc. Also you can discuss the global link in B/W, like the random battle feature. Feel free to ask any question you'd like about PGL!

P.s. I also have a question: does anyone know what this means? http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57741&stc=1&d=1288970688

fenyx4
November 5th, 2010, 08:01 AM
yes I got it from ranberth and I've already entered it and it works! :D so I guess everyone can use it, because I think ranberth already used it.

Normally, I'd say that's freaking cool... But I don't even have BW (or preferably the 3rd version) yet, so the code is useless for me accessing Arceus. :( Anyway, I hope those who can receive an Arceus get one... :)

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Normally, I'd say that's freaking cool... But I don't even have BW (or preferably the 3rd version) yet, so the code is useless for me accessing Arceus. :( Anyway, I hope those who can receive an Arceus get one... :)

even if you don't have b/w, you can make an global link account and unlock arceus! later, if you have b/w, you can transfer that arceus to your game.

fenyx4
November 5th, 2010, 09:23 AM
even if you don't have b/w, you can make an global link account and unlock arceus! later, if you have b/w, you can transfer that arceus to your game.

But I can't even read katakana! The only Japanese symbol I know off-head is dai 大. And I don't know if I can transfer a Global Link account I make now to the English version of the site...it would suck if I had a nigh unreadable Japanese account when I get either the English Black Version or the English BW third/"Grey" version... :\

Forever
November 5th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Does one account have to associate to one game though? You could technically get it now, make your way through understanding, then... get the Arceus to the game, then get a new account? D: I'm not sure, I do want to try this but yeah those reasons you mentioned kinda makes it risky...

Perrie ✿
November 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM
If I'm aloud there's a link on Gamefaqs that links you to Deviant art, and that gives you a screenshot of the sign up page, and instructions of what everything is.

Forever
November 5th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Oh, I also thi-- sure you can link the dA link (only that one, though, not the GF forum one), dragonomega-- nk that it will be the official site for every language, considering there isn't a "jp" in the url, sugggesting that the language chooser will be unlocked at B/W's English release.

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM
But I can't even read katakana! The only Japanese symbol I know off-head is dai 大. And I don't know if I can transfer a Global Link account I make now to the English version of the site...it would suck if I had a nigh unreadable Japanese account when I get either the English Black Version or the English BW third/"Grey" version... :\

I think the english site will be something like the old GTS site... that you can select your language. I also think( but I dunno for sure) that you can log in with every account on every version of the GBL website. And I also don't understand katakana, but I just read the instructions on serebii and I tried on the site... and it worked!

Perrie ✿
November 5th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Ok :) Here we are.

http://pengin-rakke.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-GlobalLink-Translation-181471250

pokewalker
November 5th, 2010, 10:24 AM
can someone help me? everytime when I try to sync up to the dream world it says something with a 1 and it closes. I think it says that I only may sync up once per day, but it is 27 hours ago since I did sync up! And I am allowed to play at the DW from 19.00 to 20.00, it is now 19.22 and it still doesn't work! WTF. (confused)

Amai
November 6th, 2010, 04:14 AM
can someone help me? everytime when I try to sync up to the dream world it says something with a 1 and it closes. I think it says that I only may sync up once per day, but it is 27 hours ago since I did sync up! And I am allowed to play at the DW from 19.00 to 20.00, it is now 19.22 and it still doesn't work! WTF. (confused)

There's a glitch in the game where the day doesn't actually end. You have to wait another day. Advancing the clock yourself will just reset the time again.

----

Just got Arceus from the Dream World.

The password is さばきのつぶて

Transfered a Farfetch'd with it too if that matters. lol

Pan
November 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM
xD

I disagree, that Pokémon is both beautiful and original.

candracar272
November 6th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Pan, you are made of win.

Personally, I like the idea of the Dream World. It's an awesome alternative to regular catching/battling, plus some of the new abilities and attacks might make previously weak Pokemon much more useful. :D

I really don't know which Pokemon's art I like the best. There's too many to count. :'D Most of the drawings do the Pokemon justice, however.

Amai
November 6th, 2010, 03:49 PM
The 50 Pokemon limit until you're forever blocked from the DW is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of Nintendo doing to be honest.

Lance
November 6th, 2010, 07:09 PM
The 50 Pokemon limit until you're forever blocked from the DW is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of Nintendo doing to be honest.

Wut.

That makes no sense. D: That means I'd have to trade for about 600 other Pokemon with dream world abilities to get them all.

pokewalker
November 7th, 2010, 12:37 AM

Hopefully they won't do that with the english version...

(this may be abit off-topic because it isn't about the dream world but I couldn't find a better place for it)
I have a problem with the random match... every time when I try to go to Random Match the balloon turns black, and it says something with a ! and a 4~6 and then it turns back to a white balloon and then if I press A that stupid PokeCenter WiFi ***** ends the conversation... Can anyone help please???

Amai
November 7th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I love how I sent over Arceus to the Dream World. Well, guess who is asleep but not in the Dream world, so now I have wasted an entire day on the Dream World because of a glitch? Yep, that's right.

-____-

Lance
November 7th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I love how I sent over Arceus to the Dream World. Well, guess who is asleep but not in the Dream world, so now I have wasted an entire day on the Dream World because of a glitch? Yep, that's right.

-____-

I certainly hope Nintendo has worked out all the bugs in time for the English release. :/

fenyx4
November 10th, 2010, 12:46 AM

Are. You. Serious?! :cer_pissed: Even with all the cons I've mentioned before, why is such a limit in place? (and it shouldn't be to make the Pokemon obtained feel "special", because I thought that's the reason we still have all of those darn events!) Some people will already have enough trouble trying to find a darn Internet connection to the Dream World... Reckless Enbuoo, Contrarian Jaroda, and Regeneration Ho-Oh are high on my list, though. And the trading mechanism even got improved this Gen by the PC connection... Looks like we'll have to be doing even more trading for all the DW abilities... :(

I wonder what happens if you sync an account up with Black or White, expend the Dream World Pokemon limit, and for some reason, start a new file...?

Grassmen
November 10th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Wow, Dream World is sounding really bugged :\

In theory its a great idea, but why implement something that just doesn't work? You'd think with a game on this scale they would have made sure things actually worked properly!

Forever
November 10th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Wow, Dream World is sounding really bugged :\

In theory its a great idea, but why implement something that just doesn't work? You'd think with a game on this scale they would have made sure things actually worked properly!

Well, it might be due to the fact that we're onlyat the Japanese release - maybe they could take longer to release the English version, or get the DW working for the English version so that the 50 limit can be fixed because it could just limitations with the program they use (but probably not). We can always hope it'll be fixed by the third game, though.

fenyx4
November 10th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Well, it might be due to the fact that we're onlyat the Japanese release - maybe they could take longer to release the English version, or get the DW working for the English version so that the 50 limit can be fixed because it could just limitations with the program they use (but probably not). We can always hope it'll be fixed by the third game, though.

Hopefully...all of these Dream World issues will be resolved by later BW releases. I understand that since it's a bit of a new concept for Pokemon, there is the possibility of setbacks occurring :(. And I don't want to veer off-topic too much, but I feel a bit sorry for the third Gen V game, though... Black and White Versions haven't even received international releases yet, and already we're hoping for so much stuff to be fixed by the release of "the third game," which is likely 1-3 years from now... It's (sort of) under so much pressure and has quite a bit to live up to now. :\ But if it can fulfill all of the issues that have arisen with BW and the Dream World, that would be amazing (though, IMO, some issues could have been prevented...).

ソラ
November 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM
May I ask if anyone has got the code for the Kanto Starters and the Chimcar, Piplup, and Turtwig code as well? thats all I need if anyone has please share D:.

Forever
November 26th, 2010, 08:08 AM
The below information is from Serebii:

The official site has updated and stated that soon they will be starting to distribute various new items to decorate your house in the Pokémon Dream World. These items seem to match the look when you go to the Pokémon Centres in Japan . These pieces of furniture, as pictured, will be available in the Global Link in the campaign page from December 24th 2010 to January 11th 2011.

In addition to this, they have also announced that a new C Gear background based upon the Pokémon Tabunne. This C Gear background will be delivered via a leaflet with the password on to be entered on the Pokémon Global Link website.

Fun~

AyameHikaru
November 27th, 2010, 12:26 PM
May I ask if anyone has got the code for the Kanto Starters and the Chimcar, Piplup, and Turtwig code as well? thats all I need if anyone has please share D:.
No one will upload those codes. Unlike the codes for say, the C-gear skin, Croagunk, or Arceus, those codes are ONE TIME USE ONLY. So putting them online serves no point.

kohei
November 30th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Just buy the book... they're pretty cheap for the thickness. You can use extra copies to build a makeshift table if you want.
Though a friend who got 24 copies didn't get a single Torchic.

The accumulation of Dream Points is pretty tedious. I get around a hundred points per session, and there's still a long way till I unlock area two.
I assume people with Sunny Day Ninetales etc used PAR/other cheating devices to get them :/