PDA

View Full Version : The premiere of Conan

Cello
November 8th, 2010, 06:01 AM
hSFbf0f4Ch8

Conan returns from his long hiatus from the entertainment industry, tonight at 11pm on TBS!

You may already be well aware of this, seeing as his commercials are everywhere and YouTube is promoting like crazy.

So who's going to be tuning in?
I'm pretty stoked to see Conan on the air again, so I know i'll be. :D

TRIFORCE89
November 8th, 2010, 06:30 AM
He's not on until 1AM here in Canada. I'm sticking with watching Fallon.

I enjoyed Leno's first go with the Tonight Show more than Conan's run. But, since returning to 11:30, Jay seems to be just going through the motions with stupid attempts to capture the YouTube crowd.

If Conan was on at 11 here, like it is elsewhere - then I might watch.

Still interested in checking it out at the beginning though. Always thought Conan was funny - but as writer, not stand-up. He can write funny, but not deliver a punch line. However, he said he's going to try to focus on more sketches and less guest-time. So, should be good.

poopnoodle
November 8th, 2010, 06:59 AM
i grew up watching Conan and will always be a fervent fan, definitely watching tonight and i'm very excited! hopefully it kicks off really well :o3

Yuoaman
November 8th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Conan is one of my heroes. Seriously, I love that guy so much. I don't have a TV so I can't watch it until Team Coco puts them online. I can't wait though.

TRIFORCE89
November 8th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Conan is one of my heroes. Seriously, I love that guy so much. I don't have a TV so I can't watch it until Team Coco puts them online. I can't wait though.
Hopefully that isn't the case for all his fanbase. Otherwise, he'll get cancelled again.

Doesn't matter how talented or funny he may be. He needs TV ratings, not popular YouTube clips. That's what counts.

Eliminator Jr.
November 8th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I'm in Australia so I can't really watch them on TV, I have to watch his show online. But still, super excited about it. Conan's a funny guy with in most cases a good music taste (eg. Jack White), so I'm excited to see what happens. Glad to see he's got a show after the whole issue with the Tonight Show.

Yuoaman
November 8th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Hopefully that isn't the case for all his fanbase. Otherwise, he'll get cancelled again.

Doesn't matter how talented or funny he may be. He needs TV ratings, not popular YouTube clips. That's what counts.

I know, but that's Conan's problem. A lot of his fans are younger people who use primarily the internet to watch television shows, and don't contribute to those ratings. Believe me, if I could I would watch him on TV, I just don't have cable in my dorm.

Captain Fabio
November 9th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I am pretty sceptical, so I will just have to watch it and see what I think.